A Black Bar Appeared On The Laptop Screen
Matrix loop check
If you come to the conclusion that the card and motherboard are working, and the problem is in the cable or matrix, you can perform the following test. Since the cable moves when the lid is opened, accordingly, it can be pinched, which leads to the appearance of artifacts or stripes on the screen. Look at the image displayed on the display from different angles of opening the cover. If the stripes change their position or disappear at a certain inclination of the lid, this indicates the presence of problems with the train.
Why stripes appeared on the laptop screen: reasons
A graphics chip is responsible for displaying an image on a laptop, which can be installed separately on the card or integrated into the central processor. Information from the chip is transmitted to the screen via a ribbon cable, and the system is controlled by the motherboard as a whole. As you can see, not so many elements are involved in the process of displaying an image on the monitor screen. Based on this, we can conclude that the following reasons can lead to the appearance of stripes on the screen:
- Faulty motherboard. Least common problem. The motherboard is practically NOT susceptible to damage, and it most often fails due to marriage or due to a short circuit, which is quite rare. In this case, failure of the motherboard usually leads to a complete failure of the laptop, but in rare cases it is possible that the components responsible for displaying the image on the monitor are damaged;
- Card malfunction. A much more common problem that causes horizontal or vertical stripes to appear on a laptop screen. over, if there are problems with the map, the stripes are usually multi-colored, and sometimes ripples or artifacts appear on the screen instead of straight lines. Most often, a card fails due to overheating of the chip located on it;
It should be noted that it is extremely rare that the problem with the appearance of artifacts and stripes on the screen is associated with the drivers. Therefore, the first thing to do if stripes appear on the laptop screen is to download new drivers for key computer components. You can also try “rollback” Windows if the system was updated Shortly before the problem occurred.
Check matrix and loop by pressing
You can make sure that the malfunction is associated with a damaged matrix or a problem loop in a fairly simple way:
Load a computer and, if possible, open a bright picture on the screen, saturated with various colors;
It should be noted that incorrect display of colors by the laptop screen also indicates a malfunction of the matrix or loop. For example, when in addition to stripes on the screen, other colors are displayed in black and white.
Testing with an external monitor
A fairly simple test if you have an external monitor, which can be connected to a computer via a DVI or HDMI cable. At the same time, this test allows you to exclude options that the stripes on the screen arise due to a faulty card or motherboard.
To carry out diagnostics, connect an external monitor to the laptop through a wire and, based on what you see, draw the appropriate conclusions:
- If the image on the external monitor is correct, that is, there are no stripes and artifacts, this indicates that there are problems with the motherboard and laptop card;
- If stripes are displayed on the external monitor, it means that the display and the cable are working properly, and the problems with the motherboard or card.
How to determine why stripes appeared on a laptop screen
Since the symptoms of stripes on the laptop screen are characteristic of a number of malfunctions, in order to fix the problem, you must first determine what led to it. Specialists in service centers can do this using diagnostic equipment, but at home it is quite easy to find out why the stripes appeared on the laptop screen. Based on the premise of the malfunction, it will be possible to conclude about the advisability of repairing the computer.
Below we will give a number of diagnostic measures that allow you to find out what led to the problem with the appearance of stripes on the screen.
What to do if the laptop card is faulty
The first thing to do if there is a suspicion of a problem with the card is to make sure that the computer has problems with cooling. In particular, you need to do the following:
- Make sure that when you turn on the computer, the coolers work stably at a speed sufficient for cooling. If the stripes occupy only part of the screen, try running a diagnostic utility that determines the temperature of computer components;
- Disassemble the computer and clean it of accumulated dust that can interfere with the normal cooling of system components;
Pay attention to the chip when disassembling the computer and replacing thermal paste. If there are obvious traces of carbon deposits on it or a radiator suitable for it, this indicates that the device is out of order and the need to replace it. It is often economically impractical to change the laptop card.
What to do if the laptop motherboard is faulty
The motherboard is one of the most difficult laptop components to repair. To determine which of the blocks of the motherboard is out of order, you will need to take the laptop to a service center, where it can be checked on diagnostic equipment.
Most often, a board malfunction is associated with oxidation or burnout of elements. Due to the technical process of manufacturing the motherboard, it is almost impossible to restore it if it fails.
Stripes on a laptop screen: causes, diagnostics, repair
The laptop is a one-piece design that combines the system unit and monitor, as well as peripherals. It is convenient from the point of view of portability of the device, but any malfunction makes it practically impossible to use it. Such malfunctions include a very common problem with laptops. the appearance of stripes on the screen. It becomes almost impossible to work at a computer when horizontal or vertical stripes are present in the displayed image. The stripes can be black, white, or multi-colored, depending on the cause of the problem. In this article, we will look at what to do if stripes appear on the laptop screen, and which malfunctions most often lead to the problem in question.
It is not difficult to determine what exactly the map is a prerequisite for the appearance of stripes on the screen. Make sure that the bars appear on the display immediately after turning on the computer, and not after a while. If they occur due to a few minutes of working with a laptop, this indicates overheating of the card chip or its malfunction.
Also, most often, when the stripes on the screen occur due to problems with the card, when Windows boots, the image from the display completely disappears and remains a black screen for a while.
Reasons for the appearance of a black bar on a laptop
Usually, one small strip appears first, which does NOT cause inconvenience to the owner of the device. Since She does not interfere with the work process, she is often left unattended. Subsequently, this leads to the fact that the number of stripes increases, and their width becomes larger.
There are several of the most common causes of image defects on a laptop screen:
- Overheating of the graphics adapter. the card is responsible for the formation of the picture on the screen. The device tends to accumulate dust, which leads to its heating. This is one of the most common reasons for the appearance of various visual defects in the image on the display.
- Failure of the adapter. With prolonged overheating or frequent power surges, the card may completely fail. In this case, the stripes will appear even during the laptop boot process.
- Screen matrix malfunction. This is caused by various mechanical damage to the display, for example, shock.
- Failure of the motherboard. Like the graphics adapter, the motherboard is exposed to heat. If it overheats, then this can lead to the complete failure of the component.
- Plume. The laptop monitor is connected to its internal components using a special cable. The train itself is subjected to daily mechanical stress. This leads to broken wires or poor contact.
Black stripe on laptop screen
Like any other device, a laptop is not immune to various technical problems. For example, stripes may appear on its screen. They can be of different colors and have vertical and horizontal directions. At the same time, the cause of their occurrence is somewhat more difficult to establish than in the case of a system unit monitor.
What to do if a black horizontal bar appears on the screen
To eliminate the occurred problems, it is necessary to correctly establish the cause of their occurrence. Some of them, you can fix it yourself.
At home, you can do the following:
- Connect your laptop to a second monitor. This requires a VGA cable. If there are no stripes, then the reason lies in the loop or product matrix. The appearance of similar defects indicates problems with the graphics adapter or laptop motherboard. You can replace the card or “motherboard” yourself. To replace a loop or matrix, you will need to contact the Repair Shop.
- Check the matrix. To do this, the laptop should be placed on a flat horizontal surface and gently press on the place where the image defect appeared. In this case, it is necessary to pay attention to the change in the color or brightness of the strip. If they are, then the cause of the breakdown is the failure of the matrix or loop.
- Diagnose the loop. This requires you to slowly open and close the laptop while observing the changes on the display. If there are interruptions in its operation, then the cause of the defect is a malfunction of the loop.
After the cause has been established, you can proceed to eliminate it:
- Laptop flat cable repair. To do this, you will need a tester and everything you need for soldering. With the help of the tester, the loop must be ringed to find out the exact location of the break. After that, in this place, it is necessary to carefully solder a parallel wire, which will duplicate the failed.
- If the motherboard is defective. If the reason for the appearance lies in the “motherboard”, then the simplest option is to completely replace it.
- If the reason is in the card. A special chip is located on the graphics adapter, which is subject to overheating. In this case, you can make a complete replacement. However, this is a rather expensive repair option. Therefore, the simplest is to replace the card.
- Incorrect operation of device drivers. This can be easily eliminated by completely reinstalling them.
If a black bar appears, you must immediately perform the necessary diagnostics. Perhaps the reason is not so serious and can be dealt with at home. However, for complex repairs, you should contact the Repair Shop.
Stripes are NOT a “verdict” for a laptop. But you should not delay repairing the device, as this can lead to the aggravation of existing problems or the emergence of new ones.
Causes of malfunctions
The first signs of breakage begin with the appearance of one small strip. Owners often notice it, because, as a rule, such a trifle does NOT interfere with work. But if left unattended, the consequences of inaction can be dire. The problem grows progressively, because over time the bands increase and there are more of them. And when the problem reaches a large scale, users start to sound the alarm.
Horizontal stripes on the screen as well as vertical stripes appear for a variety of reasons. In addition, the malfunction may appear in the form of flickering or colored spots on the sensor.
What types of malfunctions occur:
- Damage to the card (most often a complete replacement of the adapter is required, less often problems can be fixed).
- Damage to the motherboard (repair depends on the severity of the damage).
- Faulty state of the matrix loop (an estimate of the part or strengthening of existing connections is required).
- Soldering the chip when the gadget overheats.
- Mechanical damage to the matrix (mandatory replacement is required).
If you find a malfunction of any part of the computer, then it must be fixed or urgently replaced. You can use the services of Special Centers or make repairs yourself. Providing a laptop with your own hands is possible, provided that you have some skills.
Flickering lines across the screen
Did you notice stripes on the screen on the laptop, which randomly move and flicker, changing color? This could be another time to pay close attention to the train.
Is the monitor behaving atypically and constantly flickering stripes appear on the laptop screen? Is the image focusing on only half of the screen and the backlight is defective? Such signs indicate the need to replace the inverter.
A common prerequisite for manifestations is an ordinary failure in the system. Therefore, before contacting specialists, it is recommended to wait a little time, and also be sure to carry out diagnostics. But if the fears were confirmed, it is not worth delaying a trip to the service.
Malfunction of the driver in the system
When you see stripes on the screen on a laptop, it is quite possible that a banal driver malfunction is a prerequisite. They may be absent altogether, or they may be incorrectly installed. The solution here is simple and affordable. reinstall the drivers.
If your laptop comes with a driver disc, try installing from it first. But since the deliverables are NOT updated, they may NOT help to resolve the issue. In this case, you need to look for the current version on the Internet. It is important to use only Official Sources, otherwise you can seriously harm your computer. If the reinstallation did NOT affect the problem in any way, then you should look for the reason in the internal details of the laptop.
Corrupted laptop matrix
It is the matrix that is most susceptible to external damage and breakdown. Damage may result from accidental impact, scratching, exposure to water. If a black stripe appears on the laptop screen, this is already a reason to sound the alarm. Firstly, such a manifestation interferes with working, and secondly, often after a while the display completely stops turning on. If you have definitely determined that the matrix is faulty, then there is only one way out. a complete replacement of the device screen.
Perhaps the problem lies in the inverter or backlight lamps. In this case, to eliminate the trouble, it is enough to replace the damaged part.
Signs of screen breakage:
- Dark image (possibly dramatic fading).
- The monitor periodically turns off on its own (except when going into sleep mode.
- There are cracks visible to the naked eye (as a result of mechanical damage such as blows or scratches).
Matrix loop problem
If multi-colored stripes appear periodically on the laptop screen, then by 70 percent you can be sure that the problem is hidden in the matrix cable. They are, of course, disturbing, but not so much, so the owner of the device may decide that repairs are not necessary. This is a big mistake, because such a breakdown will lead to a serious failure in the system.
A ribbon cable is the part that connects the display and the motherboard. It is very vulnerable, as it passes at the folding point of the device, therefore, over time, contact refraction is possible. Alas, the loop cannot last forever, the manufacturer has laid a resource, after the exhaustion of which the parts need to be repaired or replaced.
Unfortunately, home repair is not possible in this case, because it is necessary to replace the loop. Therefore, if you notice a failure of this kind, Contact the service center. Additionally, diagnose the malfunction. the tilt of the display, if you see stripes in the opposite part of the screen, then it is a loop. Problem place.
Multi-colored stripes on the screen
Are there blue streaks on your laptop screen? Have you noticed the presence of lines of red, white, yellow and second shades, as well as the fact that the size grows over time? Often the problem with such external manifestations is a card malfunction. And yet, first carry out diagnostics, which will tell you whether it is worth making a replacement.
This may cause symptoms such as a color change to white. If you are NOT sure of the reasons, it is better not to risk it, but to entrust the repair to professionals.
Ripples in the monitor
Ripples indicate problems with the loop or matrix. If, carry out diagnostics, you are convinced that the display does NOT suffer on a third-party monitor, then there is no problem with the card. In this case, when confirming a malfunction of the display, it may be necessary to replace the laptop screen.
You recently made a laptop, changing the matrix or cable, and the problem reappeared. This may mean that between the card and “motherboard” poor contact is established. In this case, changing the motherboard or treating the chip will help.
Replacing the device matrix
If replacing your laptop screen is necessary, Get serious. There are several determining factors that directly affect the quality and durability of the matrix. Below are the main points to consider:
- Backlight. Most modern gadgets are equipped with LED-backlighting, which is based on LEDs placed on one side. If the laptop model is older, either a special lamp is needed, or use a CCFL to LED adapter.
- Coating. Determine which is closer to your taste. matte or glossy.
- Diagonal. Directly depends on the laptop model. The most common size. 15.6 inch screen.
- Thickness. Can be standard (5-7 mm) or thin (approximately 3 mm). In the first case, the board is at the back, and in the second. down below.
- Connector for connecting a loop. Depending on the laptop, the connection can be right, left, bottom or top. To find out what type your model has, it is recommended to contact the experts.
- Contacts in the connector. Their number varies, but the most common indicator is 40 pin. You can also find 50, 30 or 20 pin.
To determine what kind of breakdown has befallen the laptop, you first need to conduct the first checks yourself. Pay attention to the first bells indicating problems.
The main visual signs of card breakage:
- White background appears on the display when turning on the laptop.
- When connecting the device, you see artifacts, spots or streaks.
- The image does NOT appear at all, the same black screen is displayed.
- The appearance of horizontal and vertical stripes.
- Screen ripples and flickering occur.
To carry out initial diagnostics, Connect a third-party monitor to the gadget. If, after that, the image on the external screen is normal, and the device under test shows signs of a problem (stripes, ripples, flickering), most likely the laptop card is faulty.
The second test is to check the matrix and the loop for damage. Click on the screen: if the image changes, then there is an 80% chance that you have found the problem you are looking for. Close and open the cover to make sure. Still seeing changes? Then there are problems with the cable, perhaps there is damage to the tracks or loose contact in the connector.