Computer does not boot black screen what to do
What to do first
- Download and run the world famous CCleaner (download via direct link). this is a program that cleans your computer of unnecessary garbage, as a result of which the system will run faster after the first reboot;
- Update all drivers in the system using the Driver Updater program (download from a direct link). it will scan your computer and update all drivers to the latest version in 5 minutes;
- Install Advanced System Optimizer (download from the direct link) and enable game mode in it, which will terminate useless background processes during games launch and increase the performance in the game.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has black screen, white screen, color screen. Decision
Problems with screens of different colors can be roughly divided into 2 categories.
First, they are often associated with the use of two video cards at once. For example, if your motherboard has a built-in video card, but you are playing on a discrete one, then The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt can be launched for the first time on the built-in one, and you will not see the game itself, because the monitor is connected to a discrete video card.
Secondly, color screens are in case of problems with displaying images on the screen. This can happen for a variety of reasons. For example, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt cannot work through an outdated driver or does not support a video card. Also, a black / white screen may appear when running at resolutions that are not supported by the game.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt crashes. Low FPS. Frame rate drawdowns. Decision
One of them is a special program called Advanced System Optimizer. It is made especially for those who do not want to manually clean up the computer from various temporary files, delete unnecessary registry entries and edit the startup list. Advanced System Optimizer will do this on its own, as well as analyze your computer to identify how you can improve performance in applications and games.
Download Advanced System Optimizer
There is no sound in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. I can not hear anything. Decision
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt works, but somehow doesn’t sound. this is another problem that gamers face. Of course, you can play this way, but still, it’s better to figure out what’s the matter.
First, you need to determine the scale of the problem. Where exactly is there no sound. only in the game or in general on the computer? If only in the game, then perhaps this is due to the fact that the sound card is very old and does not support DirectX.
If there is no sound at all, then the matter is unambiguously in setting up the computer. Perhaps the sound card drivers are installed incorrectly, or maybe there is no sound due to some specific error of our beloved Windows OS.
Troubleshooting The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Not Installing? Doesn’t start? Is it slowing down? Flies out? Lags? Mistake? Is not downloading?
Unfortunately, there are flaws in games: brakes, low FPS, crashes, freezes, bugs and other small and not so big bugs. Often, problems begin even before the start of the game, when it is not installed, downloaded or even downloaded. Yes, and the computer itself sometimes freaks, and then in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, instead of a picture, a black screen, controls do not work, no sound is heard or something else.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt → Troubleshooting
- About the game
- Girls Witcher
- Buy 325 rub
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt not starting. Startup error. Decision
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt installed, but simply refuses to work. How to be?
Does The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt throw any error after relegation? If so, what is her text? Perhaps it doesn’t support your graphics card or some other hardware? Or she doesn’t have enough RAM?
Keep in mind that the developers themselves have an interest in building a crash reporting system into games. They need this to understand why their project does not start when testing.
Be sure to write down the error text. If you do not speak a foreign language, then refer to the official developer forum The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. It will also be useful to look into the large gaming communities and, of course, our FAQ.
If The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt does not start, we recommend that you try to disable your antivirus or put the game in the antivirus exceptions, and also check the system requirements again and if something from your assembly does not match, then, if possible, improve your PC. by purchasing more powerful components.
Why the BIOS suddenly stopped starting: a little about all the reasons
Let’s get down to specifics, because the “won’t start” situation may look different:
- When you press the “on” button, nothing happens. a black screen and silence.
- The computer turns on, the screen flickers with a black void (no active). you hear the noise of the fans and the system speaker beeps (BIOS speaker).
- The computing device starts, some message is displayed on the screen. the buttons do not react, except the restart works.
- The system boots too quickly (and, safely!), But you cannot get into the BIOS.
There is another interpretation of the voiced problem, when a novice user does not correctly understand what exactly is happening and at the same time asks the question, how can I enter the BIOS at all? Let’s start with the last one
Not a quick introduction: small BIOS and big consequences
Indeed, everything depends on a small microcircuit, which contains a set of microprograms in its memory, and in the aggregate is the basic microsystem of a computer! A very rare electronic ailment found in our time. damage to the main BIOS entry of the system (not to be confused with temporary data stored in CMOS memory!). this is a “dead” motherboard. That is, the motherboard becomes completely useless, since it is devoid of a triggering control element.
A partial BIOS failure of a microchip can be accompanied by an incredible number of surprises, both hardware and software. In general, the beginning of all computing beginnings is a small microcircuit with a certain set of programs. The degree of efficiency of the computer used depends on how correctly you configure the BIOS, directly affecting the overall operational life of the computing device as a whole. If for you, dear reader, all of the above has become news, then it makes sense to think: “Do I follow the manufacturer’s critical instructions regarding operating rules?”.
How to enter basic computer settings
Depending on the BIOS version (s), as well as the design features of the computer, access to the basic settings may be radically different from the methods that are considered standard.
For example, in most PC modifications, the BIOS is entered by pressing the “F2” or “Delete” function button. over, activation of one of these buttons is carried out directly at the time of starting the computer system at its initial stage. By the way, there is a special technique for calling the main BIOS menu. repeatedly pressing the corresponding button with an interval of two clicks per second.
There are other “tactile schemes” for entering the BIOS. some manufacturers supply their devices with special mechanisms, push-button or lever type, when activated, the user enters the service menu of the basic microsystem. However, there are also more exotic buttons. touch. However, the essence of the listed keys and service gadgets is the same. calling the BIOS Setup menu.
As for the “high-speed resistance” to the moment of entering the basic menu of computer settings, there are several options for solutions:
- Enter the BIOS menu via Windows OS. use this link to learn how to do this.
- Try calling BIOS using other service keys, for example, “F8”.
- Finally, you can get into the basic settings using the rescue disk “System Restore” or a distribution kit with Windows.
BIOS does not start: what to do and how to “revive” the microsystem
The basic I / O system is the beginning of the electronic life of a computer. In the event of a hardware or software malfunction of the BIOS microchip, a safe start of the computing device simply becomes impossible. Despite the extreme degree of reliability of the specified element of the computer system, software failures in the basic microsystem (in view of many factors!) Still take place. In most cases, the problem “BIOS does not start: what should I do?” is allowed by an elementary replacement of the CMOS battery, otherwise a comprehensive diagnostic plan is required, and only after identifying the cause of the malfunction, make a repair (correct!) algorithm of actions. details in the article!
This “electronic opportunity” has a rather long list of “causes and effects”, nevertheless, it is possible to single out the main symptoms of a malfunction, namely, to identify in the shortest possible time the real culprit of the “silent celebration”.
- With a probability of 99.9%, the power supply has failed. Naturally, replacing a component with a known good power supply unit will correct the situation towards “The problem is resolved!”.
- The power button is out of order. replacing the switching element or checking the wire for mechanical damage (obvious breakage, deformation of the wire, oxidation of contacts, etc.), of course, with its subsequent restoration (soldering, cleaning).
- Dust contamination of the inside of the computer case (especially important for portable computer equipment. laptop). it is necessary to clean all the components of the motherboard from dust, as well as the supplied modules and strapping equipment. Do not forget to clean the air intake grilles and other structural elements of the enclosure.
The computer turns on, but the monitor screen is “full of black secrets
As a rule, problems with starting a computer system are always accompanied by a specific sound signal, the tonality and sound sequence of which has its own decryption code.
To solve the described problem, you can also try to change the computer’s power supply, but to a greater extent, this “PC behavior” indicates that the BIOS has detected a faulty component in the system: one of the memory sticks (RAM) is out of order, the hard drive is broken, or the processor temperature has reached a critical level. In the latter case, it is necessary to replace the thermal paste and check the cooler of the cooling system for serviceability.
Otherwise, user actions should be as follows:
- Disconnect all peripheral devices (printer, fax, webcam, external storage devices, etc.).
- Remove all RAM modules.
- Disconnect hard drives.
- Switch to another graphics mode. change the video circuit from integrated to discrete, or switch to an integrated video chip if you used an external video card.
If an empty continent starts up, throw one at a time from the previously disconnected components and carefully monitor the reaction of the microsystem as a whole. In any case, if the BIOS starts up, then you have already achieved a positive result.!
By the way, do not forget that a black screen can be the result of a failed monitor. Laptops are often damaged by the integrity of the connecting cable, which is constantly subjected to dynamic load when opening / closing the display cover. In the latter case, it is better to contact a laptop repair service center. Both in the first and in the second case, to check the truth of the assumption, you can always try to connect an external monitor to the VGA connector.
What to do if the computer does not boot
The first step is to establish the cause of the malfunction. If the situation is such that the computer turned on, but then the operating system (OS) itself does not boot, then naturally you need to dig in the direction of the same OS.
And if the situation that the computer does not even turn on at all, that is, it does not show absolutely any signs of life, then the situation can be much worse.
A few tips on what to do if your computer won’t boot!
For the first case (when the computer turns on, but the OS itself does not boot).
- Use the option “Load the last good configuration (with working parameters)”. You can use it as follows: after turning on the computer, press the F8 key, a window will appear, and in it select the above menu item.
- Go to safe mode and try to restore the previous state of the computer. To do this, when you boot your computer, press the F8 key (as in the previous paragraph), select “Safe Mode”, if the system boots, go to the following path: Start. All programs. Standard. System Tools. System Restore. And following the wizard’s prompts, try to restore an earlier working system.
- If the previous methods did not help, then I suggest that you familiarize yourself with another option. This option will restore your computer’s performance with a 99% probability. What do we have to do? You just need to update the old system. To do this, you need a bootable Windows XP disc. Insert the disc into the DVD-ROM, reboot, it should boot from the CD, for this you need to set the appropriate item in the BIOS, or you can call the boot option menu with the F12 key, when you boot the PC, and choose to boot from CD / DVD-ROM, but this method may not suit everyone.
After booting from the CD, follow the prompts to select “Install Windows XP”. When a window appears notifying that a previously installed OS has been found and press the R key. Thus, Windows Setup will update the existing copy. Wait until the end and try to boot normally.
For the second case (when the computer does not turn on at all).
In fact, there can be a lot of reasons here, and in absentia it is sometimes very difficult to help in such a case. And, as a rule, the reason is a malfunction of some device (motherboard, power supply, RAM, etc.). At home, especially not for a sophisticated user, there is simply no way to check the performance of this or that device by replacing it with a known working one. But there is a way out, although not 100%.
First, try resetting your BIOS. To do this, remove the battery for a few minutes. Or close the jumper contacts to reset the BIOS. Look for the jumper next to the battery and is labeled Clear CMOS (possible designations: CCMOS, CL_CMOS, Clear RTC, CRTC, CLRTC, CL_RTC). If it doesn’t help, read on.
Second. It is necessary to disconnect ALL devices on the computer, leaving only the motherboard connected. That is, we take out the video card, all the RAM slots, disconnect the hard drive and DVD-ROM from the power supply, if there are additional devices (internal modem, sound card, etc.) we also take them out, leaving only the motherboard connected to the power supply.
And now we try to turn on the computer, if it turns on, then the problem is in one of the disabled devices. Turn off the computer and try to CONNECT devices ALTERNATELY, checking the PC for performance. First, connect the most important devices (video card, hard drive, RAM), and then the secondary ones.
Thus, if, when installing a device, the computer stops turning on, you yourself will determine the faulty device. If the computer did not turn on with one motherboard, then the problem is either with it itself or with the power supply.