Connect monitor to laptop via WI-FI
How to connect laptop to laptop via WI-FI
Before connecting a laptop to a laptop via WI-FI, you need to configure each of them separately. For you, I have prepared a complete description of the configuration of each of them.
Problem number 5.
That’s it, my network has been created. Now I need to configure the wireless network card, namely: register the ip-address manually. I go back to the control panel and select the “Network and Sharing Center” item again. There I select the “Change adapter settings” column. I find my wireless network connection that I just created, right click on it and click on “Properties”.
Yeah, a window opens in which I am interested in the item “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4)”, I right-click on it and select “Properties”.
Here is a sample of how to write addresses correctly. If you are good at organizing ip-addresses, you can, of course, register your own there. After that click “OK”.
The Network Location Setup window appears. Here I choose my home network. It is better to check right away that the two laptops are in the same workgroup, so they will communicate more effectively with each other. You can check it like this: right-click on the “My Computer” icon and select “Properties”.
Now all that remains is to add items for sharing.
Now you can connect to the created network. I click on the wireless connection icon and select my new network.
Problem number 1.
On my laptop, I go to the control panel (path start. control panel). In the options I find the item “Network and Sharing Center”.
How to connect laptop to laptop via WI-FI in a couple of minutes?
Good time, friends! So, now I will conduct an educational program for all Internet users through laptops! Topic of the lesson: “How to connect a laptop to a laptop via WI-FI.” I’ll make a reservation right away that I mean those laptops on which the Windows 7 operating system is installed. I will conduct the lesson on my own experience, since yesterday I connected my laptop and my wife’s laptop to each other via Wi-Fi. Well, everything, let’s get down to class!
Problem number 2.
I select this item and after opening it I click “Manage wireless networks”.
Problem number 3.
I see the “Add” button at the beginning of the list of actions, I click it.
A window opens, in it I click “Create a COMPUTER-COMPUTER network” and confirm “Next”.
Problem number 4.
After that, I will need to fill in all the marked fields, come up with a name for my network and a password.
How to connect a laptop to a TV via wi-fi
The increasing popularity is gaining requests on how to connect a laptop to a TV via WI-FI. We will explain how to correctly connect a laptop to a TV via Wi-Fi without a cable and without losing image quality (Figure 1).
Samsung connectivity features
To connect a Samsung TV to a laptop via WI-FI, you should use special programs: for example, Samsung Allshare PC (Figure 3). The algorithm of actions to connect a laptop to a Samsung TV via WI-FI is as follows:
- in the settings go to the “Menu”, select the “Network” section, then “Network Settings”, where we click on the “Start” button. After the list of possible connections appears, select the network and enter the security password (if it is set);
- in the settings of a PC or laptop, go to the “Network” section and connect to the same network as the TV;
- from a personal computer, go to the browser on the manufacturer’s official website, select a model and download the Allshare PC extension for it for free. Then the program should be installed and proceed to the configuration. If both devices are connected to the same router, this will be displayed in the program menu. Combine the devices by checking the corresponding box;
- on the PC, a folder is created and indicated in the “Device List” menu, the files from which will be broadcast on the plasma screen;
- on TV go to the standard Allshare Play program. In the left side menu, select the type of media file that you want to start (for example, “music” or “video”). The program displays the available folders and the contents of the folders.
Note: As we have seen, connecting a Samsung TV to a computer via WI-FI is absolutely easy.
How to connect a laptop to a TV via DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct and WiDi
As you can see, there are a lot of methods to connect TV to a laptop via WI-FI. Tangle-free wires, awkward cables and dozens of adapters are being replaced by wireless. The most popular systems are DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct (which we wrote about earlier) and WiDi. What is the principle of their work?
- DLNA is a system that allows you to pair compatible devices and transfer content at maximum speed between them. Works on the basis of Wi-Fi connection of all devices to the same network. over, devices can be completely different: from a tablet and a smartphone, ending with an X-box set-top box and printers. Suitable for both home and work use. The already well-known LG SmartShare and Samsung AllShare work on the basis of this system. To share files, each folder is opened separately on your computer. However, by default, the server looks for files in the root folders of the My Documents group.
- Wi-Fi Direct is a system thanks to which two or more devices can directly connect to each other without an additional link. a router. It has a separate resemblance to Bluetooth, but many times higher in speed and quality of connection. Even if there is no internet, you can connect your laptop to the TV via WI-FI direct, creating a special home network.
- WiDi is a system created by Intel for transferring data from smartphones, tablets, laptops and other portable devices to the Smart TV screen. With its help, you can transmit “surround” sound and view full-format videos (Full HD). The most suitable option for home theater.
Smart TV is an actively gaining popularity digital monitors, the main principle of which is to connect to the Internet. It is not difficult to connect a laptop to Smart TV via WI-FI, since each of them is equipped with a powerful Wi-Fi module. Remember: for pairing, both the computer and the Smart TV must be connected to the same router (one network). The principles of connecting the screen to Wi-Fi differ depending on the manufacturer’s brand. Our article provides instructions for Smart TV from such world famous and popular companies as Samsung, LG and Sony, as well as the connection features of Windows 10 (Figure 2).
Sony connectivity features
To connect your laptop to a Sony TV via WI-FI, you must use the special Wi-Fi Direct program. The connection is made as follows:
- on the PC, go to the “Explorer” and select the “Network” option. After the announcement “Network discovery and file sharing is disabled” appears, right-click on it and select the “Enable” option. Access to multimedia files on your computer will be open. Then, in the message that appears, select the option “Create a private network”;
- switch the network value to “Home” in the settings;
- activate the Wi-Fi Direct program in the TV settings by clicking on the “Home” tab. By clicking on the tab marked with the suitcase icon, enter the “Network” section. It is necessary to activate the modes “Built-in Wi-Fi” and “Wi-Fi Direct”;
- go to the TV menu “Wi-Fi Direct Settings”, where we select the desired object from those available for pairing;
- connect devices.
Note: All Smart TVs from Sony are equipped with this program.
The advantage of Wi-Fi direct is that the tablet does not need the Internet to connect the plasma to a laptop / smartphone. Built-in software makes it very easy to connect your laptop to a Sony TV via WI-FI.
LG connectivity features
Smart TV from the manufacturer LG has a built-in program for broadcasting images from PC / laptop to TV. LG Smart Share. To connect your laptop to your LG TV via WI-FI, use the following algorithm:
- download the free LG Smart Share application from the official website;
- upon completion of the installation and launching the program, a window will appear in which different categories of multimedia files will be indicated (“music”, “video”, “photo”). We choose one of the categories. Immediately after that, an automatic search will be performed for all video files on the computer;
- create separate folders to make it easier to find the necessary files and open public access;
- on TV, go to the menu and select the “Smart Share” option;
- go to the “Connected devices” tab and select from the list the name of the network to which the PC is connected;
- after connecting the devices, go to “All folders” and select the multimedia file of interest.
Setting up a broadcast from a PC / laptop to a screen from the manufacturer LG is very simple and does not require a long study of the instructions. Note that LG Smart Share also works without restrictions on Smart TVs from the manufacturers described above. Sony and Samsung. The principle of operation remains unchanged. By using this application, you will significantly save both your time and money that could be spent on buying an HDMI cable.
The basics of connecting a laptop to a TV
A very common question among computer users is how to connect a TV as a monitor via WI-FI. The idea of broadcasting an image from a small screen to a wide diagonal TV attracts moviegoers and gamers. Of course, buying a specialized widescreen monitor for watching downloaded movies, playing games or listening to music is unreasonably expensive. Since almost every apartment has plasma TVs, they can easily be used instead of a monitor. On a wide diagonal, the picture looks more realistic, and the viewer gets several times more emotions from viewing. However, there are not always special HDMI cables on hand for connection, and a personal computer may be located too far from the monitor. The wired connection is outdated, so we’ll explain how to connect your laptop to TV via WI-FI. You can also study our article on how it is possible to find out the password from WI-FI if you have forgotten it.
If you got the device without an installation disc, you can download the drivers yourself using the update function. To do this, go to the program manager, find the section with the same name and expand. Find the one you need, right-click on it. In the list that appears, select the line “Update drivers”. Select the “Automatic search” option and follow the system prompts.
It is not enough to install the equipment, for correct operation it is also necessary to configure the drivers suitable for a specific operating system.
The set with the gadget usually comes with a driver disk. All the owner needs to do is simply insert the disc into the drive after plugging in and follow the prompts from the system. The software will install itself. After that, the system will display a message about the need to reboot. After reboot, the printer will be fully functional.
Connecting a Samsung printer to a laptop
The first thing to do is turn on the printer itself. This is necessary for the computer to identify the gadget. The device is connected using a USB cable, one end of which is connected to the case, the other, respectively, to the system unit.
The latest generation devices support wireless connectivity. Let’s consider each case in more detail.
How to connect a Samsung printer to a laptop
A printer is a useful device for home and office use. The mechanism of its operation is very clear and familiar to almost everyone. But when the need arises to connect it to a new computer, many users are lost. We’ll show you how to connect your Samsung printer to your laptop and use both devices effectively in tandem.
Setting up the printer for work
Often, connected gadgets with correctly installed drivers start working automatically. Open the parameters menu by selecting the appropriate item in the context menu (called by right-clicking on the icon). Here you can adjust the page size, ink density, resolution (normal, landscape, portrait, etc.). It is recommended to print a test page to check if the settings are correct.
If your device supports a wireless network connection, turn on the computer and wait for the computer to display a message that a new device has been found. Also, the gadget will appear in the list of active wi-fi connections and in the list of printers and faxes on PC.
Connecting the device is very simple. just insert one end of the cable into the desired connector on it, the other end needs to be inserted into the corresponding socket on the system unit.
After that, turn on the power button on the printer case. Usually the startup process is accompanied by a light or sound signal.
- After that we look at the monitor. There should be a message stating that new hardware has been found. The computer realized that a new device is connected, but does not yet understand which one. In order for the PC to be able to recognize it, you need to perform the following procedure.
- Left-click on the “Start” icon, then select the “Devices” section. If there is no such item in quick access, find it on the taskbar.
- If the configuration was done automatically, without errors, the connected device will be displayed in the list of active connections. If this does not happen, try connecting again.
Connecting a Samsung m2021 printer to a laptop is done in a few clicks. Fortunately, most modern models are plugged in and configured automatically. A person can only use the finished result.
WiDi and Miracast
WiDi (Intel Wireless Display). Finally, we have a standard called “Wireless Display” and which is designed specifically to duplicate the screen of a laptop or mobile device on your wireless projector. Its counterpart is the Miracast standard, and WiDi from some point began to support Miracast.
For data transmission, a WI-FI network is used with support for the new IEEE 802.11n standard with increased bandwidth. One of the main features of the WiDi and Miracast standards is the availability of standard methods of encoding and image transmission, which ensures high compatibility between various devices and the ubiquity of these standards.
Despite the exceptional flexibility and convenience in everyday work, as well as support for Full HD resolution, we are faced with several problems here. First of all, the original signal undergoes re-encoding anyway, which makes these standards unacceptable for connoisseurs of cinema, as well as. as a “wireless HDMI” solution in home theaters. There are opinions that the original content can lose in the smoothness of movement.
This is supposed to be taken for granted when working with “regular WI-FI”, however, since WiDi and Miracast work with Full HD resolution, I would like to strive for the ideal. However, no one can deny the convenience of these standards in everyday use.
Top: ViewSonic LightStream series projector with hidden compartment housing the optional WPG-300 wireless module. There is also an HDMI / MHL connector. WPG-300 module provides screen mirroring via Miracast and has wide additional functionality when using a mobile device with the vPresenter Pro app.
This standard is originally “wireless HDMI” and is designed to carry a high definition signal from source to a projector. In other words, this is “just” a replacement for the HDMI cable. on the one hand, the transmitter is connected to the HDMI, and on the side of the wireless preoctor, the receiver. Since this standard does not result in lossy compression, it is good for home cinema and some manufacturers equip their home projectors with it.
The problem with this standard is associated with the fact that ultra-high frequencies (60 GHz) are used to increase the data transfer rate, which in the Russian Federation were reserved for the tasks of government agencies. In this regard, wireless versions of some projectors with WirelessHD have not been delivered to the country for a long time. I don’t know how with this now.
You can add that if you are using a signal source equipped with digital security, then you should check if this security protocol supports both the wireless projector itself and the WirelessHD device.
The method of data transmission among such equipment is gaining more and more popularity. It is based on a special DLNA protocol. Since it is impossible to connect the projector to the Internet directly, for this purpose built-in Wi-Fi modules were created, thanks to which the projector connects to a phone or tablet with Internet access.
In this case, the projector will be a kind of access point. All devices that connect to it will be able to exchange data, project video or photos. To connect your phone and device, you need:
- select as source of a Wi-Fi signal in the projector settings;
- connect your phone or tablet to the appropriate Wi-Fi. The network name and password are specified in the projector settings;
- open the system settings of your smartphone or tablet and go to the “Screen” menu;
- set the item “Wireless projection” or similar name.
Connection using adapters
To complete the connection by the presented method, you will need:
- laptop, tablet or phone;
- special HDMI adapter.
First, you should check the ability of the gadget to support the MHL data exchange protocol. Almost all modern devices have the ability to work in it, however, it is recommended to play it safe. The image is transmitted through an adapter that converts the incoming signal to HDMI communication format. Connects via micro USB port.
After that, you need to perform a certain sequence of actions:
- connect one end of the adapter to the corresponding connector on your phone or tablet;
- lead the other end of the wire to the HDMI cable of the projector itself;
- install special software and drivers.
Note! It should also be borne in mind that certain adapters often do not have enough power from the transmitter to normally convert the signal. It is recommended to use a special power cable and connect it to the required connector on the adapter body.
The main advantage of adapters is the ability to transmit data to the projector via a wireless network. This saves the user from a lot of wires. In addition, purchasing the projector and adapter separately can save you money compared to purchasing equipment with built-in wireless technology.
When choosing, you need to consider the possible connection methods.
Note! It is important that the projector and adapter have identical connections. However, special adapters for projectors are often completely suitable for all parameters, so it is recommended to navigate the price. It is not necessary to buy the most expensive one, very often middle-class devices are in no way inferior to them.
Wi-Fi projectors are very convenient devices for both home use and work. The market for technology of this kind is developing dynamically, but it is still inferior to TVs.
Wi-Fi Direct on a laptop, PC works with standard modules at 2.4 and. Photo frames, projectors, printers, scanners become much more functional and mobile with Wi-Fi Direct technology. Flexibility.
A laptop monitor does not always allow you to comfortably watch your favorite movies, play games, search for information on the Internet.
It is difficult to imagine modern television without Internet access. A large number of TVs support this function.
A Wi-Fi projector is a special equipment for displaying images on a large screen. Restrictions can only be the size of the room or the so-called screen itself, onto which the projection comes out. Such devices are gaining great popularity due to the ability to quickly and easily connect to any home device, such as a phone, tablet or laptop. The main thing is that it has a wireless module for data exchange.
A portable Wi-Fi projector for home can be a good alternative to conventional TVs due to its good image quality, relatively low price and high performance.
Advantages and disadvantages
Like any other device, the presented devices have their positive qualities and disadvantages.
- picture quality is inferior to TV and is highly dependent on lighting. The contrast of the screen becomes poor in strong sunlight;
- high dependence of the broadcast quality on the resolution of the source file. If the film being viewed has a low image quality, then all the flaws can be seen on the projection screen;
- the complexity of installation and configuration. A projection screen is required for good performance;
- small selection. Despite the development of the market and the production of new technologies, the market is significantly inferior to TVs.
- a reduced amount of harm to human health, since the image of the equipment is reflected, and not direct, like on a TV;
- small size of the device, which requires much less free space in the room. In the case of a long period when the device is not in use, it can be easily removed and hidden;
- much lower cost compared to a TV. Even if you buy a good and high-quality audio system for the device, it will come out cheaper than a TV analog.
Important! The projector’s standard speakers are not sufficient for normal sound. Very often users purchase additional audio systems.
How to connect a smartphone to a computer: 3 easy options
Almost any smartphone user is once faced with the task of transferring data from it to a PC, and as quickly as possible. And this is not difficult to cope with. you just need to connect your smartphone to your laptop. The connection can be made using different methods. We present them in our article.
Connecting a phone to a computer via WI-FI is the most popular type of device connection. And it is not surprising, because it takes little time and is quite user-friendly. But there are also nuances. For example, you cannot do without a Wi-Fi router, Wi-Fi adapter, or Wi-Fi antenna. And you also need to come to terms with the fact that the exchange of information will not be particularly fast.
The simplest solution, how to connect a mobile phone to a laptop via Wi-Fi, is to use a special mobile application. In other words, you need a program to connect your phone to your computer. There are a large number of such applications, so regardless of your operating system, you can easily find the option you need. If you have Apple, then iTunes is your choice. For Android phones, Update Service, MyPhoneExplorer and other solutions are suitable.
The corresponding applications work according to the same principle. As a rule, after launching such a program, it offers the user an address that needs to be transferred to the address bar on the PC. After that, the internal memory of the smartphone will open on it in the form of a folder.
How to connect a smartphone to a PC via wireless networks
Wireless networks do not allow data to be transferred too quickly. But on the other hand, with their help, you can connect Android to a PC or a phone on another operating system (for example, iOS) to a laptop an order of magnitude faster. Make sure your computer has either WI-FI or Bluetooth in advance. Otherwise, you will have to go in search of a cable.
How to connect a smartphone to a computer via USB
The choice of a suitable connection between a smartphone and a PC depends on the task that you have set for yourself. For example, if we are talking about a large amount of data, then it is advisable to use a USB cable. This method is also worth resorting to if you plan to use your smartphone as a modem or webcam.
What are the advantages of such a connection?
- Information is transferred quickly.
- The user then uses the gadget for different purposes.
- The device plays the role of a webcam in the connection process.
- This type of connection opens access to the internal directories of the mobile phone.
Of course, the USB connection also has certain disadvantages. For example, you find yourself “tied” to a computer. In other words, you will have to come to terms with the restriction of your freedom in advance.
But, how do you connect your phone to your computer via USB? It’s simple. It is necessary to connect the “mobile phone” and the computer port. A microUSB or USB cable will help with this. On the device, select the mode you need. We are talking about the modes of the drive, webcam or modem.
As a rule, there is no need to install drivers. But there are also exceptions. For example, if a message “jumped out” at the bottom of the smartphone screen that a new device is being connected. In this case, check the availability of the Internet and download the necessary drivers. After that, the devices will have to finish syncing automatically.
Almost any modern laptop has Bluetooth. How do I connect my phone to a laptop in this case? To use this type of connection, run the corresponding modules on both devices. PC and phone. Then, on your computer or laptop, run a search for devices that are compatible with it. Soon the device will be found and you will confirm the connection. Please note that the preferred option is the option that does not involve the use of access keys.
Common problems connecting your phone to your computer
No matter how simple the process is to connect a smartphone to a PC, sometimes some difficulties cannot be avoided.
- In some cases, while connecting to the phone, the computer starts installing drivers unscheduled. In such a situation, just wait until the installation is complete. If you have any difficulties with this, then download the drivers manually. As a rule, they are located on the official website of the phone manufacturer.
- If syncing fails, go to the developer menu and enable debugging. After that, the difficulties will disappear.
- Smartphones with non-common operating systems sometimes do not want to connect to a PC. To simplify this process, connect the switched off phone to the laptop and only then turn it on. The computer will notice the device and automatically download the drivers for it.
As you can see, there are several ways to connect a smartphone to a computer. Each of them has pros and cons, and therefore, in different situations, you can resort to different options. But you need to remember about these solutions in order, if necessary, to choose the one that will correspond to the tasks set. In any case, connecting your phone and PC will no longer be a problem for you.
How to connect two laptops via Wi-Fi
Sometimes there are situations when you need to connect two computers or laptops to each other (for example, if you need to transfer some data or just play with someone in a cooperative). The easiest and fastest method to do this is to connect via Wi-Fi. In today’s article, we will look at how to connect two PCs to a network on Windows 8 and newer.
Connecting via a router
You can create a connection between two laptops using a router. By creating a local network in this way, you can allow access to some data to other devices on the network.
- The first step is to make sure that both devices connected to the network have different names, but the same workgroup. To do this, go to the “Properties” of the system using the PCM on the icon “My computer” or “This computer”.
In the column on the left, find “Advanced system settings”.
Switch to the “Computer name” section and, if necessary, change the data by clicking on the corresponding button.
Now you need to get to the “Control Panel”. To do this, press the Win R key combination on the keyboard and enter the control command in the dialog box.
Here find the section “Network and Internet” and click on it.
Then go to the “Network and Sharing Center” window.
Now you need to go to the advanced sharing settings. To do this, click on the corresponding link on the left side of the window.
Here, expand the “All networks” tab and enable general access by checking the special checkbox, and you can also choose whether the connection will be available by password or freely. If you choose the first option, then only users with an account with a password on your PC will be able to view shared files. After saving the settings, reboot the device.
And finally, we share access to the contents of your PC. Right-click on a folder or file, then hover over the item “Share” or “Share” and select who will have access to this information.
Now all PCs connected to the router will be able to see your laptop in the list of devices on the network and view files that are in the public domain.
How to connect laptop to laptop via Wi-Fi
In this article, we will show you how to connect two devices to a network using standard system tools. By the way, previously there was special software that allowed you to connect a laptop to a laptop, but over time it became irrelevant and now it is quite difficult to find it. And why, if everything is very simple to do using Windows tools.
A prerequisite for this method of creating a network is the presence of built-in wireless adapters in all connected devices (do not forget to enable them). Otherwise, following these instructions is useless.
Computer-to-computer connection via Wi-Fi
Unlike Windows 7, newer versions of the OS made it more difficult to create a wireless connection between multiple laptops. If earlier it was possible to simply configure the network using standard tools intended for this, now you have to use the “Command Line”. So let’s get started:
- Call the “Command Line” with administrator rights. using the Search, find the specified section and, by right-clicking on it, select “Run as administrator” in the context menu.
Now write the following command in the console that appears and press Enter on the keyboard:
You will see information about the installed network driver. All this, of course, is interesting, but only the line “Hosted network support” is important to us. If it says “Yes” next to it, then everything is fine and you can go on, your laptop allows you to create a connection between two devices. If not, try updating the driver (for example, use special programs to install and update drivers).
Now enter the command below, where name is the name of the network that we are creating, and password is the password for it, at least eight characters long (erase the quotes).
Multi Monitor Setup for PC with Laptop, Android & iOS devices over LAN / WiFi
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode = allow ssid = “name” key = “password”
Finally, let’s start the new connection using the command below:
To terminate the network, you need to enter the following command in the console:
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork
If everything worked out for you, then a new item with the name of your network will appear in the list of available connections on the second laptop. Now it remains to connect to it as to normal Wi-Fi and enter the previously specified password.
As you can see, creating a computer-to-computer connection is a snap. Now you can play co-op games with a friend, or simply transfer data. We hope we were able to help with this issue. If you have any problems. write about them in the comments and we will definitely answer.