Data transfer canceled from iPhone to iPhone
transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone 11 via iCloud backup
This method is easy and convenient, since data transfer is carried out by creating a backup copy of one iPhone and transferring data to another gadget.
Note: a very important point is to install a SIM card in a new device before transferring data from an old device to a new one. If you have already set up your new iPhone, then you will need to reset all its data.
Check if your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network, if not, then be sure to connect.
In the settings go to the “iCloud” section, then to “Backup”
Next, you need to create a backup. Also check if the “iCloud Backup” switch is activated.
After starting the process, wait until the backup is complete.
Turn on the device and follow the instructions until the Programs & Data screen appears.
Now you need to click on “Recover from iCloud Copy”. You need to be signed in to iCloud by entering your Apple ID credentials.
You need to find the latest backup and select it, as this will load the current files and settings. It is important to choose the latest copy. Only in this case, the current content and settings will be downloaded to the device.
Wait for the iCloud backup restore process to complete.
Transfer all photos of the new iPhone 11 via AirDrop
AirDrop. one of Apple’s well-known data transfer applications that allows users to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone or Macintosh. Here’s how to know how to transfer photos and other data from old iPhone to new iPhone.
Open settings on both iPhones, search for AirDrop and open
Open the old iPhone you want to transfer data to, select AirDrop Share, select the new iPhone and tap on it.
The transferred photos will be displayed on the new iPhone, select to receive
In addition to photos, AirDrop can also transfer data such as music and files from old iPhone to new iPhone.
easy solutions to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone 11/11 pro / 11 pro max
Apple again delighted its fans with a novelty. After the presentation of the new iPhone 11/11 pro, the majority of Apple users were eager to purchase a new phone model. However, after buying a new smartphone, many still have questions about how to transfer all data from the old iPhone to the new iPhone. If you also do not understand this process, then we advise you to study this article, where we will talk about some data migration solutions.
move all data to iPhone 11/11 pro via iTunes backup
To transfer all content from your old phone to your new one using an iTunes backup, you will need to create a backup first.
Connect your old iPhone to your computer with a USB cable. Launch iTunes on your PC and make a backup.
Wait for the backup to complete. Once the action is complete, connect your new device. If the new device is already configured, then you will need to delete the data on it.
Select “Recover from a copy” on a new device. Then select a backup. Next, transfer the backup to your new iPhone.
Solution 1 ： Transfer all data from one iPhone to another via Tenorshare iCareFone
We would like to present to your attention the Tenorshare iCareFone program, which will help you to transfer data from your old iPhone to a new iPhone quite easily and quickly. This utility has a number of advantages, for example:
- Selective data transfer. You can choose the files you need for the transfer yourself or select all files at once.
- Batch delete files. It will allow you to delete all files with one click, which will significantly save your time.
- Automatic removal of duplicates. You do not need to manually delete duplicates during data transfer, the program will do it for you automatically.
- Data transfer. Helps you import files to iPhone / iPad / iPod and export to PC / Mac in a couple of clicks.
- File exchange. Transferring files between devices without Apple ID restrictions, thanks to iCareFone.
To transfer data from an old device to a new one, you need to follow the step-by-step steps:
Step 1 Download the program and install it on your PC. Run the program on your PC. And at the top of the screen, you will see a folder icon named “Control”, clicking there, select the type of file you want to import.
Step 2 On the left side of the panel, you will be given different file types to choose from: photos, music, videos, contacts, etc. Click on the desired file type.
Step 3 Click the Import button, select the files you want and click the Open button. Next, select the saved photos on your computer to transfer.
Step 4 Wait until the data transfer is complete and the photos will be stored on your device.
Solution 2 ： Wireless data transfer via ios12.4 and above
If you are the owner of iOS 12.4 and higher, then this method will help you quickly transfer data from your old device to a new one. The iOS 12.4 Quick Start feature already speaks for itself. This means you can choose not to use iCloud or create a backup to iTunes
You need to follow these steps:
Turn on your new device and put the old one next to it. A pop-up window will appear on the old iPhone screen prompting you to use your Apple ID to set up your new iPhone.
Position your old iPhone over your new one so that the screen is centered in the viewfinder.
The device will prompt you to set up Touch ID or Face ID, agree and customize.
In this article, we have sorted out 5 solutions to help you transfer data from your old iPhone to a new iPhone 11 or iPhone 11 pro.
In conclusion, I would like to once again mention the Tenorshare iCareFone program, this is a convenient and simple iOS file manager for transferring data between iOS, PC and iTunes, as well as backing up and restoring content and restoring the iOS system. You just need to go to the Tenorshare website and install this program on your PC, so that at any time you can independently and easily fix the bugs, problems and errors that have arisen in a short time.
Instructions for transferring data from iPhone to iPhone
When buying a new iPhone, the user may be faced with the need to transfer his personal data from the old device. How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone? Read below.
data transfer via iTunes
For this method, we already need a computer with iTunes installed (preferably the latest version). Before starting work, connect the old device to the PC and wait for it to be detected by the program. iPhone will be highlighted in the top menu, click on its icon. Then go to the “This PC” window, where there is an item “Create a copy now”.
iTunes will ask for your permission to copy programs, confirm it using the button in the pop-up window. At the end of the procedure, iTunes will display the date of the last backup of the device.
Then you only need to reset the settings on the new iPhone to factory settings (if this is the first start of the phone, you do not need to reset anything). After manipulating the start screen, select the “Restore from a copy of iTunes” button. A window will appear in iTunes prompting you to restore from a backup, select “Restore from backup” and click “Continue”. At the end of the process, wait until all applications are fully synchronized.
This method is the easiest, you will need to use Apple’s proprietary iCloud service to transfer information to a new iPhone. It is a cloud storage that allows you to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone and to other iOS devices. It can also be useful when archiving critical files. So, first, take your old iPhone and follow these steps:
- Go to settings. Go to the iCloud menu, find Storage & Copies. The date of the last backup (copies of important device files) will be displayed at the bottom of the screen. If you want to create a more recent version, click the Create a Copy button;
- The phone will then copy the files to iCloud. This procedure can take quite a long time (depending on the memory of the device and the speed of the Internet connection).
This completes the manipulations with the old iPhone. Switch to your new iOS device and do the following:
- Reset the settings to factory defaults. If the phone is new, you do not need to do this. After configuring the basic parameters (time, date, Wi-Fi network), click the “Recover from iCloud copy” button. In the menu that appears, enter your personal information (Apple ID and password). Accept the privacy terms;
- In the new window, select the latest version of the backup made on the old device. Immediately after that, the process of copying data and settings from the old iPhone to the new one should begin.
After completing all the manipulations, the new smartphone will reboot and display information about the successful restoration of the backup.
data transfer through the AnyTrans utility
- Connect your old and new iOS device to your computer using two USB cables. Launch AnyTrans and wait for the gadgets to sync. Its status will be displayed in the upper left corner of the program;
- Select your old device from the menu, click on the iOS icon at the top of the window;
- Click the “Content to iOS” button. In the next window, a menu will open with all possible files for transfer, their number will also be displayed here. Mark the necessary icons and confirm the transfer of all data;
iPhone Stuck on Data Transfer Cancelled Reset iPhone to Start Setting Up again
That’s all, the operation is complete. As a reminder, when transferring contacts to a new iPhone, you will need to temporarily turn off iCloud syncing for that device. AnyTrans can also work with Android smartphones where the USB debugging option is pre-enabled. We hope our data transfer guide was helpful to you.
If you are reading this, then you were interested, so please subscribe to our channel on Yandex.Zen, well, for one thing, like (thumbs up) for your efforts. Thank you!
If you are reading this, then you were interested, so please subscribe to our channel on Yandex.Zen, well, for one thing, like (thumbs up) for your efforts. Thank you!
Recovering from “iCloud
Now you can start downloading information to your new Apple device. It is advisable to do this the first time you turn on the phone. This technique will avoid unnecessary actions.
To transfer data from iPhone to iPhone, you need to do the following:
- Select the language and country of residence of the person.
- Set geolocation enable settings.
- Connect to the Internet.
- Click on the line “Recover from iCloud”.
- Enter data from the previously used AppleID. The one in which the information was copied.
- Click on the “Accept” button.
- Select the desired backup.
- Wait for the process to complete.
After a few minutes, the operating system will load. The person will see a message stating that the data has been successfully recovered. Now you can use them on the selected device.
If a person wants to transfer data from iCloud to him after working with the iPhone, he will have to reset the settings. Then proceed according to the previously suggested instructions. No more options.
Copies in iTunes
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone via iTunes? As in the previous case, this will require backing up the desired information.
- Install a fresh version of iTunes on your PC.
- Launch the application.
- Insert USB cable into PC. The other end. in iPhone.
- Select the connected device in the “Devices” section.
- In the left menu open the “General” tab.
- Click on the “Create a copy now” button.
- Select data to copy.
- Wait for the operation to complete.
Typically, a copy will be ready in a few minutes. It will be saved to iTunes. What’s next?
Transferring data from iPhone to iPhone using iTunes is actually easier than it sounds. This is the fastest and most proven method for those who don’t trust “iCloud”.
It is proposed to act as follows:
- Connect the Internet on the desired device.
- Reset the settings. When you turn on the device for the first time, this item is skipped.
- Connect iPhone to PC and launch “iTunes”.
- Select “Restore from iTunes”.
- Click on “Restore from backup”. This action will have to be done on the computer.
- If the system prompts, specify a copy to restore.
- Confirm the operation.
From now on, it is clear how you can transfer data from iPhone to iPhone. Anyone can do it.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone: Tips and Tricks
Today we are going to find out how you can transfer data from iPhone to iPhone. This question is relevant for many owners of Apple phones. The point is that this manufacturer is improving its products from year to year. Apple is releasing new devices faster and faster. You don’t want to lose your data when you change the gadget. Therefore, you have to think about how to transfer them. Fortunately, it’s not that hard to do.
Let’s start by copying information using a cloud service. This technique is in great demand. All Apple product owners, after registering an AppleID profile, are allocated 5 GB of storage space. They can be transferred to any “apple” device. And copy including.
The first stage of data transfer. creating a backup. This is a required step. Without it, all further manipulations simply do not make any sense.
The instructions for creating backups via iCloud look like this:
- Open “Settings” in the main menu of the device.
- Go to iCloud.
- Click on “Repository and Copies”.
- Click on the “Create a copy” button.
- Confirm the operation.
Enter information from AppleID if required. The absence of this profile will result in the data not being copied. This means that it will not be possible to restore or transfer them to another phone.
It is worth paying attention to the preservation of the phone book. How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone?
- insert the SIM card into another device (the numbers saved on the SIM card will be copied automatically);
- use the cloud service “iCloud”;
- use iTunes.
The simplest solution is to replace the SIM card. But sometimes this technique doesn’t work. Under these circumstances, it is more difficult to answer how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone. There are some instructions to follow. Without them, it will not work to bring the idea to life.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone? Apple allows you to do this in several ways.
- use iTunes;
- transfer data via iCloud.
There are no more official receptions. Is that the case with the phone book. There is no place to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone without a computer. precisely, this is not as easy as it seems. We’ll have to use a cloud service, and it’s more convenient for them to use it via a PC.
About factory reset
As we already said, if data recovery is performed on a smartphone that was previously used, you will have to reset the parameters. Consider the simplest way to solve the problem.
For it, we only need an iPhone. Further, it is proposed to do this:
- Press the “Home” button and open the main menu of the device.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Go to “General”. “Reset”.
- Select the desired item. It is best to click on “Reset settings and data”.
- Agree with the warning.
- Click on “Reset”.
- If necessary, specify information from “Apple ID”.
How to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone
Apple is constantly releasing new versions of gadgets, and iPhone owners are trying to replace outdated models with updated ones. But after purchasing a smartphone, you need to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone. Information is spread in different ways, it is worth talking about them in more detail.
How to create a backup
To completely transfer the necessary information from one iPhone to another, the client must create a copy of all the data contained in the gadget. This can be done using the Aycloud cloud. The operation is performed according to the following instructions:
- to transfer the parameters of an old smartphone, you will need to make a copy in the cloud;
- first, the user must go to the section with the gadget settings;
- then select the “Menu” item, where the client clicks on the “iCloud” section;
- a list will open on the screen, in which the owner selects the “Copies and storage” subsection;
- if the client has the “Backup” service activated, then the latest version of the copy will be located at the very bottom, the date is also indicated there;
- if a new copy is required, you can create it yourself, for this click the “Create a copy” button;
- when all actions are completed, the copying procedure will begin, the duration depends on the operation of the smartphone and the speed of the network connection.
After a few minutes, the time when the last copy was created will appear on the screen.
How to transfer information using iTunes
This is an additional way to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone. To apply the option, the customer must download the iTunes application to their computer. Also, the user must have a wire with him to connect the smartphone to the PC. A Lightning cable will do. The transfer operation is performed according to the following scheme:
- the client must check which version of the program is installed on the computer;
- if iTunes is not the latest version, it is recommended to update it;
- then the old device is connected to a stationary PC;
- iTunes starts on the computer;
- after launch, a window will open, at the top of the page there is a smartphone icon;
- you should click on it;
- then select the item “Encrypt local copy”;
- you also need to add an access password;
- the screen will display a question about the need to create a backup;
- the user clicks the “Skip” button;
- the copying operation will start, it will take some time;
- when the procedure is completed, you should disconnect the old gadget from the PC;
- you can pull out the SIM card from the smartphone, having previously turned it off;
- now you need a new smartphone, connect it to your computer;
- the basic setup is performed, the language is selected and the Wi-Fi network is connected;
- iPhone Settings will be highlighted, you must select the “Restore from iTunes copy” section;
- now you need to go to the application and click on the “Restore from backup” button there;
- the client clicks on the last created copy and specifies the access password.
The data transfer procedure will take some time, it all depends on the number of files and contacts. Until the operation is completed, you cannot turn off the gadget or disconnect it from the PC. Once the recovery process is complete, you can use your new smartphone.
How to pass parameters if the initial gadget setting is used
When the company released gadgets running on the iOS 11 operating system, customers were able to transfer information from iPhone to iPhone. This procedure is provided during the initial configuration of the gadget. For the operation to be successful, you must follow the following instructions:
- on the purchased device, the language should be set, in this case “Russian” is selected;
- a window will appear on the screen for entering data on the Apple ID account, the user clicks the “Continue” item;
- an image will appear on the new device;
- it needs to be scanned by a smartphone that has already been in use;
- on the new device, enter the same access code that was used on the old phone;
- you can configure Touch ID / Face ID functions on the purchased gadget;
- after that, the smartphone will prompt you to choose to restore data from saved backups, you will need to select the desired.
- It takes 5 to 20 minutes to transfer data from your old iPhone to your new phone. It all depends on how the gadget works. When the procedure is completed, all parameters will be saved in the new smartphone.
How to copy data using iCloud
The user can drop the necessary files and contacts using the iCloud smartphone. To do this, you first need to sync. This is one of the easiest ways to transfer data to a new gadget. For this option to be available, the user will need to insert a working SIM card into the device.
Before transferring data from iOS to iOS, the client must create a backup. To perform the operation, you first need to connect your smartphone to the Internet via Wi-Fi. After that, the owner must log in to the Apple ID system. Next, the client needs to follow the instructions to create a copy:
- a section with settings opens on the cell phone;
- select “iCloud” in the menu;
- “Backup” is selected in the list;
- after the transition, the user will see a list, opposite the inscription “iCloud Copy” must be ticked;
- now the “Create a copy” item is selected.
- While the copy operation is in progress, it is prohibited to turn off the device.
As soon as the system creates a new backup, the user can start the operation to transfer the parameters to the new gadget:
- first you need to turn on the purchased device, a welcome message should be displayed on the screen;
- if such a window is not displayed on the screen, you will need to manually reset the settings to the factory settings;
- the client is now connecting the gadget to the Wi-Fi network;
- you can adjust the parameters of the smartphone until the item “Data and Programs” appears on the screen;
- select “Recover from iCloud copy” in the list;
- the owner of the smartphone must log into the Apple ID account through the iCloud system;
- the previously created backup is selected from the list.
After selecting the copy, the data download will start. The operation takes several minutes, during the process you cannot turn off the Internet on your phone.
- If the user needs to reset the installed settings to factory settings, he should open the section with iPhone settings. There the client clicks on the “Basic” sub-item and clicks on the “Reset” button. A section for resetting settings and content is selected from the list.
A person who is looking for an answer to the question of how to transfer data from one iPhone to another iPhone, most likely, he will have to take care of creating a backup first. This is all the multimedia data of the old device, placed in the cloud or in a separate file for further recovery.
Sometimes the operation takes several tens of minutes, since the user has to back up a large number of files. But in some cases, you can avoid wasting time by refusing to create a backup. This applies to situations when a person purchases a new smartphone where the operating system iOS 12.4 or higher is installed.
You will definitely need to create a backup in two scenarios:
- when a person is going to transfer files from an old iPhone to a new one with iOS3 or lower;
- if the transfer is carried out to an already used smartphone (regardless of the OS version), which you do not want to reset to factory settings.
If one of the presented scenarios corresponds to the situation of the iPhone owner, he can make a backup using the following instructions:
- Open phone settings.
- Go to the “iCloud” section.
- Click on “Backup”.
- Activate the “iCloud Backup” slider.
- Click “Create Backup”.
- Wait for the end of the process.
While the backup is being created, the iPhone must be connected to the Internet. Ideally, unlimited Wi-Fi, since uploading files to the server uses traffic. After all the data is loaded, you can start transferring information through the cloud storage iСloud or iTunes. We will tell you more about how to do this in the next part of the material.
How to Transfer All Data from iPhone to Another iPhone
Each smartphone has its own lifespan. Sooner or later, an Apple fan will have to swap out their old iPhone or iPad for a new one. When you change the device, the question arises, how to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone, because all applications, photos and videos remain on the previous device. How to perform the operation correctly, whether you need a backup copy or a PC connection?
Transferring files from iPhone to iPhone is not the most difficult process, but quite laborious. Such an important operation should not be approached by ignoring the preparatory stage. Before starting data migration, the manufacturer strongly recommends preparing information about your Apple ID account (login and password), as well as breaking the pair between the old device and the Apple Watch.
If no one has problems with finding a login and password, then not everyone can untie wearable electronics from a smartphone. Therefore, you need to read the detailed instructions for disconnecting the pair:
- Place the devices in close proximity to each other.
- Open the Apple Watch app on iPhone.
- Click on the “My Watch” tab.
- Choose your device.
- Click on the informational icon in the form of the letter “i”.
- Tap on the heading “Unpair Apple Watch”.
- Enter your Apple ID password if required.
Is it possible to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone without unlinking the watch? Yes, but only if the user does not have an Apple Watch. Otherwise, a person will have serious difficulties in pairing a new iPhone and a wearable gadget.
Quick start function
This useful option, which appeared in devices with iOS 11 and newer versions of the operating system, seriously helps with data recovery on your newly purchased iPhone. Quick Start lets you transfer data from your old iPhone the first time you turn on your new device.
The option works provided that the new iPhone has not yet been activated. If this is not the case, you will need to follow the instructions for resetting your newly purchased Apple iPhone to factory settings:
- Open new iPhone settings.
- Go to the “General” section, and then. “Reset”.
- Press the button “Reset all settings”.
If both smartphones have current iOS (12.4 and higher) installed, then you don’t even need to create an iCloud backup. And on older versions of the software, you must first make a backup according to the instructions from the previous section of the material.
As soon as all the preparatory operations are completed, you can safely launch the new iPhone. Owners of devices with iOS 11 and older need to proceed according to the following algorithm:
- Place smartphones next to each other.
- Insert a SIM card into a new device.
- Turn on your newly purchased iPhone.
- If the information about the Apple ID that appears on the screen of the old device matches your account, you should click the “Next” button.
- After the pairing animation appears on the screen of the new device, point the camera of the old iPhone at the animation so that it matches the video finder.
- Wait until the message “Completing on new iPhone” is displayed.
- On the new device, enter the passcode generated on the old.
- Set up Face ID or Touch ID.
- Enter your Apple ID password.
- Confirm the request for data recovery (check the “iCloud backup” item if you are using an iPhone on iOS from 11 to 12.3 inclusive).
- Wait while the transfer is in progress.
How long it takes to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone depends on several metrics:
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone. Via iCloud
We will transfer all information from the iCloud cloud to a new smartphone from an iPhone backup. In time, everything will take about the same as in the method described above.
On the phone from which data will be transferred, open the settings and go to your account by clicking on your name. Next, open the section “iCloud”.
Here go to the “Backup” section and activate this function, immediately make a new copy.
The receiving iPhone should also be reset to factory settings if you’ve used it before. Do it as described in the previous chapter.
After enabling, you will be prompted to restore from iTunes or iCloud. select iCloud. Next, enter the data from your account on which the backup was made and wait for the process to finish.
Interesting! I also recommend that you read the material. Transferring Contacts from iPhone to iPhone. There are detailed ways of how to do this as easily and quickly as possible.
About third-party programs and Bluetooth
Do not use third-party computer software to perform the transfer. Firstly, this does not make any sense, everything can be done with the functions described above. these are official ways. Secondly, the likelihood of losing your personal data is high, since often such software is malicious and it is not clear where your Apple ID or photos can get.
Only certain content can be transferred via Bluetooth, for example, contacts or photos. You can read how it works in the article. how to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone. Via iTunes
This option is suitable for those who cannot use the Quick Start feature and want to transfer data that exceeds their free iCloud space. ITunes must be installed on the computer.
Important! To avoid errors in the process. connect a wire no longer than 1 meter and preferably into the blue USB port of version 3.0.
Connect the iPhone to be copied to your computer and launch the program. Click on the icon of your phone, the “Overview” section should be open in the left column. In the right window, click on the “Create a copy now” button. Wait for the process to finish.
The new device must also be zeroed, reset the iPhone to factory settings, as we discussed in the first chapter. You can of course not do it, turn off the locator function in the settings and just click on the restore button in the program, but it’s easier to do just the reset.
When you turn on for the first time, go to the menu for choosing where you want to restore your device from. Connect iPhone to PC and launch iTunes. If prompted to make the device trusted. do it.
Select the option with iTunes on your smartphone, it may also be called “From Mac or PC from Windows”. Next, indicate that you want to restore from the copy and the copy itself. Follow the instructions on the screen and wait for the process to finish.
Interesting! If the copy was encrypted, you will be asked for a password. do it. Plus, when restoring a copy from Tunes, even those applications that are no longer in the App Store will be restored.
What will be carried over to the new iPhone
Using the methods described below, the following content will be transferred to the new smartphone:
- Phone book
- Applications that were installed
- Notes, calendars, voicemail, and wherever you were
- Photos, if their synchronization is not enabled separately in the settings
- Health information
- Passwords and keychains
Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone. Quick Start
The function works on devices with iOS version 11 and higher. In this case, two phones should be in your hands, since the transfer will be carried out directly.
On the receiving iPhone, you need to do a full reset, otherwise you simply won’t be able to transfer the data. If you have not turned on the phone yet, then you do not need to reset.
Open the settings, go to the “General” section, then open the “Reset” menu item and click on “Erase content and settings”. If asked to enter a code word. do it.
When you turn it on for the first time, you need to go to the settings stage (after selecting the language and region). Here you will be able to use the “Quick Start” function.
Bring the old iPhone to the new one, as close as possible, an information message will appear on its screen. click on the “Continue / Next” button.
You will be asked to point the camera of the old smartphone at the screen of the new one to confirm the action. Next, you will need to enter the password code also from the old iPhone. The transfer will begin, after which all that remains is to do the initial setup of the new iPhone. This method is as simple and fast as possible.
Important! Do not interrupt the process, do not put away the old phone while there is a message on it stating that the transfer is still in progress. Otherwise, everything will have to start over.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone: All Methods
There are several easy ways to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone. Apple has made this process as easy as possible for users.
Using them, you can quickly copy everything that is stored on your current smartphone to a new one, and even the settings will be transferred.
In the previous article, we examined in detail what to do if you forgot your Apple ID password. Now we will analyze in no less detail all possible ways of how to transfer data from one iPhone to another, for example, from the old to the new one, as simply and quickly as possible. The instruction will be with explanatory pictures to make it easier for you to understand. Also you can use it for iPad tablet.
Usually, the entire copying process does not take more than ten minutes, but, of course, everything will depend on the amount of content, so in some cases it may take more time.
What to do with your old iPhone?
Once you set up your new iPhone, you will most likely want to strip all information from your old device. To do this, you need to do two things.
How to reset iPhone
After that, you can safely reset the iPhone:
Be sure to wash everything, not partly
Everything! Your old iPhone is ready to be sold or inherited. you decide what to do with it.
Recovering from an iCloud backup
IPhone owners used this method even before the advent of the “Quick Start” feature. To use the restore from an iCloud backup, you first need to make sure that the old iPhone created backups there. To do this, on your old phone, open Settings. Apple ID Profile. iCloud and scroll down to the “iCloud Backup” menu. It must be enabled; if not, turn it on. However, if you want to transfer all the data, make sure that all toggle switches are turned on in the “Applications using iCloud” menu. For example, I have disabled SMS, which means that when transferring data using iCloud, messages from the old iPhone will not appear on the new one.
Enable iCloud backup before restoring new iPhone
If you have never backed up to iCloud before, it will take time before the information from your iPhone is uploaded to Apple’s servers. After that, it will already be possible to configure the new device.
To transfer data from one iPhone to another using iCloud, when setting up a new phone, one of the steps will need to select “Recover from iCloud copy” instead of “Set up iPhone as new.” After entering your Apple ID information, the transfer of contacts, apps, photos, SMS, and other information will begin. After a certain time, you will be able to start using your smartphone, but the recovery will continue. you will see this by downloading applications and the appearance of photos in the camera roll in real time.
How to Transfer Data from One iPhone to Another
Most iPhone owners sooner or later face the need to transfer information from one phone to another. For example, you bought yourself a new iPhone SE 2020 and you want all contacts, photos, SMS and other data from your iPhone 7 to be on your new smartphone as quickly and easily as possible. Not to mention the apps you’ve been collecting for so long on multiple screens of your iPhone. If earlier it was possible to transfer data from one iPhone to another only using iTunes, now Apple offers several more transfer options.
There are several ways to transfer data between iPhone
How to unlink iPhone from iCloud
- Open “Settings”
- Go to your Apple ID profile (top)
- Scroll down and click “Sign Out”
Disconnect iPhone from iCloud first. this will remove Activation Lock
How to Transfer Data from One iPhone to Another
In addition to creating a backup in iTunes and then restoring the new iPhone from the backup of the old phone, there are at least two other ways to transfer all the information. First, you can restore your iPhone from an iCloud backup or, even easier, use the Quick Start feature that first appeared in iOS 11.
Get Started Quickly on iPhone
- To transfer data from one iPhone to another, turn on the second (new) phone, select your language and region, and proceed to the setup step.
- You will be prompted to use the Quick Start feature to transfer information to your new iPhone.
- Bring your old iPhone with iOS 11 or later closer to the second phone, and the new iPhone will immediately receive a notification that it is ready to transfer data.
The notification will appear on both the old and new iPhone
Before that, you will be prompted to enter a password for your Apple ID account and set a fingerprint or face, depending on the smartphone model. Be prepared: this process can take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours. As a result, all photos, contacts, applications and even notes will be transferred to the new phone.
You cannot interrupt this process, otherwise you will have to start the data transfer again.
How it works? In iOS 11, a second smartphone was needed solely for verification, while all data was transferred from an iCloud backup. However, starting with iOS 12.4, data is transferred directly from the smartphone’s memory via Wi-Fi.
Transfer iPhone Data with iTunes
The oldest method from the ones listed, which many find inconvenient, because when using iTunes, errors can periodically pop up, and you can generally be left without your data. Nevertheless, this method can be used when you need to transfer data from one iPhone to another, if, for example, you have a 300 GB backup, and you do not want to buy additional storage in iCloud for it (although it is better to use the “Quick Start”).
On Mac, iPhone will display directly in Finder
In this case, connect your old iPhone to your computer, launch iTunes (or Finder in macOS Catalina), open the connected device page, and select Back Up Now. The process is not fast, especially if you have a lot of data on your phone, so you can have time to have lunch and go about your business.
You can encrypt your backup if you are concerned about security
The backup will be created on your computer, so make sure you have enough free space for it. After the backup is created, connect the new iPhone by selecting “Configure with iTunes” on it. or iTunes will detect the new device and suggest further steps to configure it. The bottom line is that the backup from the old iPhone will be rolled out to the new phone. ITunes may prompt you to update to the latest iOS version before restoring from a backup.
How to Fix Data Transfer Cannot Be Completed on iPhone 12, Not Enough Storage
We would not recommend using iTunes recovery, direct data transfer is the preferred option.
The point is that the backup that was created earlier may not take into account the latest changes that you made with your old iPhone. For example, you made a copy last night, but you decided to transfer the information this afternoon. then the call history, SMS and fresh photos will not be taken into account. With the direct method, all information is transmitted in the form in which it is on the smartphone at the time of pairing. In addition, this method does not limit you in the amount of information transferred, unlike iCloud.
A little-known iPhone to iPhone data transfer application. In the App Store, he has a limited number of ratings, but this does not mean that Sharable should be bypassed. The program has similar functionality with Instashare Air Drop, but at the same time it is supported not only by new devices, but also by iPhone on iOS 6.
Sharable supports all files and formats. This means that the user can easily transfer even contacts from the notebook. The exchange is carried out using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. The principle of operation does not differ from the previously reviewed applications, with the exception of AirDisk Pro, which is a full-fledged file manager.
IPhone to iPhone Transfer Apps
A person buying a new iPhone will probably think about how to transfer files from an old device. First of all, the owner of the device will want to use standard tools (iTunes, iCloud, or using the Quick Start function). But they only work when the purchased iPhone has not yet been activated. If Apple ID is already activated on your smartphone, you will need an application to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone without a computer.
Alternatively, consider Instashare Air Drop (for relatively new devices) or Sharable (for older iPhones). Also in the rating there are 2 more programs focused on the exchange of multimedia files. They should only be considered when you don’t need to worry about transferring notes, contacts, and other data from iWorks. Please also pay attention to the article: how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone, that all possible difficulties are reflected in it in detail, which makes the transfer process much easier.