How to calibrate the screen on Android
As for the sensor, it is easiest to calibrate it on devices with a resistive screen. A special utility is installed on them, launched from the “Settings”. It allows you to quickly calibrate the sensor so that exactly the icon or button to which you put your finger is pressed. You can find a similar “Settings” item even on old MP3-players equipped with a fairly large display (it is pointless to calibrate the sensor of a small screen).
But what about modern smartphones that have a capacitive touchscreen? Is it really impossible to calibrate them? Fortunately, in some cases, this is still possible. over, sometimes you can even slightly tweak the color rendition, and not just the sensor. But in fact, it all depends on the specific model of the device. It is possible that the manufacturer of your device has closed access to certain parts of the operating system, in connection with which you can download the program for calibration, but it will not work properly.
To calibrate the touchscreen, we recommend downloading the application, which is called: Touchscreen Calibration. It is free and has a simplified interface. To calibrate, follow these steps:
Run Touchscreen Calibration.
Click on the blue button that prompts you to start calibration.
Then follow the suggested instructions. The program will ask you to touch a specific area of the screen once, twice, and then the specified amount of time, swipe, etc.
At the end of the procedure, you need to click on the “OK” button in the pop-up window.
Reboot your device.
If you need to check the operation of multitouch, then we suggest you download the following applications:
- Tooch Multitest. has a simplified appearance, but easily diagnoses multitouch operation. If the sensor does not work in some area of the screen, then you will certainly notice it. MultiTouch Visualizer 2. This program shows how many touches the screen has detected. It makes this application using large-sized multi-colored rings, each of which is signed with a corresponding number. Additionally, the utility tests the operation of the “pinch” function. MultiTouch Tester is another simple application that fixes the points of contact of the screen with your fingers. Possible problems with defining touches on one axis!
How to calibrate the screen on Android?
To some people, “calibration” seems like a very scary and incomprehensible word. They don’t even know that professional photographers are necessarily calibrating a new monitor. As well as sometimes it is required to calibrate the screen of a smartphone. But not in the same sense. no one will give you detailed adjustments to the color gamut. In this case, the sensor is calibrated. It allows you to ensure that the device will perfectly recognize different types of clicks. In short, today we will talk about how to calibrate the sensor on Android.
Other ways to solve the problem
If, using one of the applications discussed above, you notice that your sensor is unstable, then you need to do something about it. First of all, we recommend contacting the service center. The professionals working there will make a full diagnosis, during which the cause of the problem will be accurately identified. It is possible that the sensor of your smartphone has ordered a long life. In this case, it will need to be replaced. For some new devices, it only changes with the display itself. in this case, you will have to prepare for serious monetary costs.
You can also try to calibrate the sensor through the engineering menu. But only experienced users should think about this. And this method of solving the problem does not work in all smartphones. Earlier we already talked about how to get into the engineering menu, so we will not repeat ourselves. Whether there is an item in the corresponding menu regarding the operation of the sensor depends on the specific model of the gadget. The calibration process can be just as different. In this regard, we will not talk about it in full detail.
Why can’t you calibrate color rendition?
In the introduction, we talked about professional photographers who calibrate the monitor to display colors as close to reality as possible. Why this can’t be done on a smartphone or tablet?
Everything is very simple. To calibrate monitors, special devices are used that are not designed for use in tandem with a portable gadget. Also, smartphones and tablets do not support color calibration at the hardware level. you will not find the corresponding settings either in the Recovery menu or anywhere else. Easy color adjustment is only available to owners of Samsung smartphones equipped with a Super AMOLED display. And it consists only in choosing one of three or four picture display modes. If you want to see the available options, then perform the following manipulations:
Go to “Settings”.
Go to the section called “Display”.
Click on “Screen Mode”.
Choose the mode that suits you. The brilliance of the picture displayed on the screen will depend on it.
On some smartphones, other settings can be adjusted in the “Display” section. For example, a schedule to go to Reading View, turn on dark mode, change the color scheme or size of text.
Using Display Calibration
If the display seems too dim for you, or you notice uneven distribution of pixels, then use Display Calibration. If earlier we considered a program for calibrating the Android touchscreen, then Display Calibration adjusts the color rendition. And in some cases it manages to slightly improve the display of the picture.
Run the application.
Click on the big “Calibrate” button.
Wait for the end of the calibration process.
After the pop-up window appears, click on the “Close” button and restart the device.
When Calibration Is Needed?
Perhaps we have intimidated you a little. If you had time to think that calibration is required for absolutely any smartphone and tablet, then this is not the case. Modern technologies have allowed the creators of such devices to achieve the ideal behavior of the touchscreen and accelerometer. In this regard, on new devices, calibration is often not needed. they already function perfectly.
But on older gadgets, the Android operating system may behave incorrectly. Especially if the device has a resistive shield. Fortunately, even in the olden days there weren’t many smartphones with this type of touchscreen display. And now even ultra-budget devices receive a capacitive screen, which does not require special adjustment.
It should be noted that some devices require sensitivity adjustment. If you calibrate the screen on Android, you can reduce or increase the sensitivity. This way you can fine-tune the behavior of the device to your expectations. This is especially true when buying a new device, when you cannot get used to its behavior.
Please note: both smartphones and tablets can be calibrated. The type of device is not at all important, you only need to have an Android operating system.
Returning to new devices, they may also need calibration, but only in the following cases:
- The gadget was repaired after falling into the water; The device was replaced with a screen; The smartphone was seriously hit when dropped, although it did not receive any visible damage.
In today’s article, we tried to talk about all the known methods of calibrating the smartphone screen. Unfortunately, most often they are either inaccessible to the average user, or make subtle changes. But it just so happens that you cannot get a display created using Super AMOLED technology from a TFT screen. any LCD panel displays a strictly defined color range. As well as the sensor, most often it is not able to offer greater sensitivity than the one for which it is sharpened.
SGS Touchscreen Booster
SGS Touchscreen Booster is an Android application that can optimize the functioning of the smartphone sensor well.
There are also more subtle settings, such as:
- The period before touch recognition;
- Touch filtering;
- Minimum pressing force;
- Change the number of simultaneous touches.
The program has ready-made settings that you can choose. However, it is best to configure manually.
How to know when you need to customize the screen?
If touch recognition is not correct, for example, instead of one letter, a completely different one is typed, then screen calibration is simply inevitable. This can be done in different ways, depending on the phone model, brand, as well as the version of the Android operating system.
Today we will consider all kinds of calibration methods on different devices, you can try everything, depending on the situation.
We carry out the procedure through the engineering menu
If you are not well versed in smartphones, then for sure you hear about this setting mode for the first time.
The engineering menu is a treasure trove of various configurations of your Android. Once in it, you can access all available configurations. This mode is suitable for users who like to completely customize a particular device for themselves.
So, what does it take to get into this very menu? First, you need to open the dialing window, and enter the following combinations there:
- # # #
- # #
Which combination is right depends on the smartphone itself.
If suddenly nothing happened, then in order not to suffer with the input, you can simply download a special application from the Play Market, it is called MTK Engineering Mode Start. With it, you can perform various manipulations with the phone.
Closer to the point. Here we are in the engineering menu. Now you need to do the following:
In the window that opens, click on “Clear Calibration”;
Now it remains to click on “Do calibration” (20% or 40% tolerance), after which the calibration can be considered complete.
How to calibrate the screen of an Android smartphone or tablet
Failures in the sensor of an Android smartphone are a common problem for not the most accurate users. That is why in some cases it is recommended to calibrate the screen to correct problems.
The clinometer is capable of not only calibrating the touchscreen, but also measuring the tilt angle, tilt height, and the tilt of an object relative to gravity.
A fairly simple application that has one active button “Calibration” and a section for it. The interface is also extremely simple and straightforward.
How to do it through the settings of the device itself?
Due to the fact that calibration problems are a common problem for users, the Android OS developers added the ability to carry out it without installing unnecessary applications.
In order to go directly to the settings, you need to open the general “Settings”. go to the “Display” section. and there we find an item called “Screen Calibration”. If there is no such item, then find a similar one, the name may differ on different devices and versions of Android OS.
The calibration process itself is a small test where you need to touch the screen in different places. After completion, the device will automatically remember the touches, after which the calibration can be considered complete.
Important. Upon completion of all actions, you should make sure that the touchscreen is accurate, depending on the result, the calibration can be performed again.
To use this program, you need root rights, so before proceeding with the settings, we need to take care of this. How to get root rights, we have already told on the pages of our site, information about this is freely available.
First of all, TouchScreenTune is designed for tablets. The procedure is carried out using the same test, but in addition can significantly improve not only the accuracy of touch recognition, but also improve overall performance, as well as responsiveness. This program is indispensable for some Android tablets with handwriting or drawing function.
The interface is designed in such a way that you can figure it out at an intuitive level, there are no complex settings, the most ordinary user can figure it out.
What it is?
Screen calibration is setting the touchscreen to properly execute commands when you touch it with your fingers or stylus. Of course, you can work with your device without such a setting, but then get ready to waste your nerves, time and other troubles.
Android sensor calibration is required in most cases after the phone is dropped, especially in water. Replacing the screen, the water stain underneath, even the smallest damage may require urgent adjustment. Checking whether you need to carry out this procedure is as easy as shelling pears. First, remove the protective film to make the sensor work as clear as possible, then just enter any number or letter. If you have chosen, say “B”, and “A” appears on the screen, then be sure. you need to set up the touchscreen.
I would also like to note that in the place with the calibration, it may be necessary to adjust the sensitivity of the touch screen. This article details the entire procedure.
There are two main types of screens used in the production of Android devices: capacitive and resistive. Capacitive is now used in the absolute majority, since it is more reliable and of high quality. But with resistive, problems often arise and it requires tuning more often. But it’s good that now such screens are rarely used. only in outdated or budget models.
In order to independently configure the touchscreen of Android 4 (or another version) without any problems, we will present you with step-by-step instructions:
- The first step, of course, is to go to the Settings menu.
- Next, select “Phone Settings”.
- We find the item “Calibration” and you will see a cross-target with a dot inside.
- We cash in the center of the target several times (3 will be enough).
- After that, your device will remember the touches and the calibration can be considered complete.
- After finishing the adjustment, check the operation of the sensor. If exactly the symbol that you clicked appears on the screen, then everything is done correctly. Congratulations!
Calibrating the Android touchscreen
Setting using special programs
In the free, and most importantly. in the free, access, you can find a lot of software to carry out this process. They are easy to install, easy to operate and, what is important, they give results. For example, Clinometer, TOPON, Bubble. just take a look at Google Play. But even if you do not have access to Google Play, you can customize the display without it using the second method.
How to calibrate the screen?
There are two main ways to tidy up a broken touch sensor. special programs and with your own hand. It should also be reminded that the calibration procedure is almost identical for HTC, Samsung, Nokia and other Android devices.
How to calibrate the screen on Android
Many owners of Android devices with a touchscreen often face such a problem when the screen “does not listen” to them. That is, when you touch the touchscreen with your finger or stylus at one point, the phone perceives it as touching completely at another point. Or, the sensor completely fulfills orders with only 3-4 attempts. And most likely the reason for these problems is the incorrect operation of the screen, and in order to fix it, you need to calibrate the touchscreen of the Android device.
How to calibrate the screen on Android?
Sometimes strange things can occur with the screen of a phone or tablet. it seems to cease to obey the user’s fingers, that is, the presses do not occur or occur, but, for example, when you press the letters Y, the letter E appears on the screen. Is the screen really the end? It is unlikely, most likely this is due to the incorrect operation of the touchscreen. In most cases, the problem can be easily resolved with screen calibration.
What is screen calibration on a smartphone or tablet?
Screen calibration, which is often called sensor calibration (from the English.sensor calibration), is a type of display adjustment that optimizes the touchscreen and improves the response of the sensor when you press the screen with your fingers (in some cases, the stylus, if any).
As a rule, screen calibration is not required for the device after purchase, although there are also reverse cases when the sensor “does not listen” to the user. Over time, changes may occur and that’s when you have to use screen calibration.
How do you know if the sensor is working properly? If it works correctly, you will not experience any problems while using the device. For example, if you are typing a message and all the letters you pressed are displayed on the screen, you do not need to do anything. It’s another matter when you press the same letter several times and only after that it appears on the screen or does not appear at all, or a completely different letter appears instead. all this may indicate that the sensor clearly has problems. However, do not forget that the problem may not be hidden in the touchscreen, but, for example, in a film pasted on the screen. In some cases, these may be traces left over from something sticky. Wipe the screen with a tissue and see how the sensor works. If also, then it needs to be calibrated.
How to calibrate a sensor without third-party software?
There are two ways to calibrate the sensor. using the internal Android software and using a third-party software (application). In the first case, the built-in software is used in your operating system. But be careful, not all firmwares have a third-party calibration tool!
- Go to device settings.
- Find the “Phone Settings” or “Tablet Settings” section.
- Find the item “Calibration” here. It can be located in another section, for example, in the “Screen” section.
- Click on “Calibration”.
- Do the necessary manipulations. This can be, for example, pressing certain buttons on the screen or simply pressing the screen.
In our case, there is no firmware to calibrate the screen, so we have to use the app from Google Play. If this is your case, then read the instructions below.
How to calibrate the sensor using third-party software?
We go to Google Play and write in the search display calibration.
Select the application and click “Install”.
The application is installed. We launch it. Specifically, this application is good because you practically do not need to do anything. just click on the big blue Calibrate button in the center of the screen.
The calibration process has started. Do not touch anything or turn off the device!
After about 30 seconds (the numbers may be different), you will see that the calibration is complete, as indicated by the date of the last calibration.
What to do if calibration doesn’t work?
Try other apps from the Market. If they do not help, you can try to reset the settings to bring the device back to its original form. You can also try reflashing your device. If this does not help, most likely, the touchscreen ordered to live long and needs to be replaced. Contact the service center.
Friends! If our site helped you or you just liked it, you can help us develop and move on. To do this, you can:
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Subscribe to our group.
Calibrating Android Screen Sensor Via Computer
If the screen of your phone does not work at all, or after the calibration there was a serious error and now the sensor does not respond to pressing, calibration via a computer can save the phone and save time on going to the service center. To complete it, you need to install the MSP RemoteAlignment program.
By installing this program and following the instructions, you can do the following:
- calibrate your device from a PC without having to press anything from your phone;
- save the results of the performed calibration to a computer;
- “Align” the picture relative to the device screen and also save these settings.
This program is very easy to operate. Pressing the Skip button will automatically perform the calibration, skipping the rest of the steps. The Retrive button will load the previously saved calibration results, and the Alignment button will enable manual calibration on your phone.
Calibrating the screen through device settings
It is possible to carry out calibration without installing third-party applications. For this:
- Open the settings menu of your device.
- Open the item “Phone settings”.
- Select the section “Calibration”.
- A special target will appear. It is necessary to click on its center several times.
- on some Android devices, the calibration function may be located in the “Display” menu or elsewhere;
- sometimes the calibration process is not made in the form of a target and it is required to press in different places. Usually, it is presented in this form on tablets and other devices with a large screen.
Unfortunately, some Android devices do not have a built-in touchscreen calibration feature. In this case, it can be carried out by other methods.
How to calibrate the screen
There are different ways to calibrate the screen of an Android device. It will be useful to consider each of them.
Root rights required
If you want to calibrate the device through the engineering menu, you may not succeed without root-rights on the device. Root rights provide full access to device settings and are needed just to protect inexperienced users from dangerous changes. But getting them is not that difficult and, in fact, there are two options:
- on the Internet you can find many programs that will easily allow you to get the necessary rights. All of them are extremely easy to use and will open you access in one click, so all that remains is to give the names of some of them. Programs such as Universal AndRoot, Unlock Root, z4root and others can help you;
- the second method will require you to install the modified firmware on your phone. In many custom firmware, root-rights are initially open, or they are opened extremely simply.
After this installation, you should have no problems accessing the engineering menu and you can calibrate the device.
Android Screen Sensor Calibration Apps
If you cannot calibrate the screen without using third-party applications, or if you want to have more options for setting up and controlling the sensor of your screen, you should use the applications designed for this.
Calibration apps can help, but they won’t work wonders. They will come in handy as a last chance before contacting a service center if other screen calibration methods have already been tested.
Android Screen Calibration Apps
The sensor can be adjusted using special software. In the free and free access on the Internet there is the necessary software in order to successfully carry out this process.
Touchscreen Calibration App
The most popular screen calibration app on Android. Just a few taps on the smartphone screen and the screen is calibrated. you just need to restart your phone and enjoy the precise operation of the device’s touchpad.
Power Bubble app
This program has a great interface and some additional accessibility features. Advantages of the application:
- Bubble is freeware;
- Works great with tablets and smartphones;
- Advertising is disabled in the settings, or it can be left to encourage developers;
- Great graphics;
- The presence in the application of a special display that displays the angle of inclination with the highest accuracy in fractions of a degree;
- Ease of use;
- The ability to fix the angle by gesture or click;
- The presence of a sound signal at the zero position of the angle;
- If necessary, the ability to lock the screen orientation (horizontal or vertical);
- The ability to reinstall the application to the SD card;
- Disabling, if necessary, the “sleep” mode during the operation of the program;
- Using full screen mode.
Using the program is not difficult at all. To do this, after the initial launch in the settings, select the type of orientation of the device screen (or set the “Auto” mode) and calibrate by level.
For this purpose, the phone is installed horizontally and the calibration button on the left of the screen is pressed for a short time. The touchscreen should show. “Calidbration”, and then. “Wait”. The application will be ready for operation when a zero degree value is viewed on the screen.
The application is a program that allows you to adjust the parameters of the screen of a touch device, while increasing its sensitivity and efficiency. Advantages:
- When using a protective film on the touchscreen, this application can significantly improve the sensitivity of the sensor;
- The retarding effect from the use of a protective film is eliminated;
- When using such a device as a stylus, a kind of tuning of the gadget becomes simply necessary with the help of this program. Using this application, you can turn on the complete disregard of even touch from the palm (after setting, the hand can rest on the screen when using the stylus);
- If you need to use different settings, you can create separate shortcuts to quickly launch the application;
- The app has a free version.
The program is a professional tool for fine tuning the level in the iPhone or iPodTouch. The application is used for common tasks or in more complex applications where the tilt of the device needs to be measured accurately enough. Advantages:
- The possibility of full-screen mode, which allows you to switch by clicking on the lower and upper arrows located in the middle of the gadget screen;
- Expanded two-sided calibration, allowing adjustment on surfaces that are far from level. Each direction is calibrated separately in order to obtain the required accuracy;
- Free download;
Calibrate your Android screen in 3 minutes!
Calibrating the Android screen, or rather the sensor, is a typical task, it can be done through the engineering menu. Actions that relate to the wording. calibration of the Android screen include setting up the touch-type display in order for the device to properly execute commands by touching the sensor with a stylus or fingers. Without carrying out such a setting, the device will work, but at the same time there will be a number of undesirable consequences during the operation of the gadget.
Individual owners of devices on the Android operating system, which are equipped with touch screens, may sometimes face the unwanted problem of “disobedience” of the screen. In other words, when you touch with a stylus or a finger at a certain point on the touchscreen, the gadget perceives it as a completely different command.
Or there are situations when the sensor only executes commands after the third or fourth attempt. As a rule, the cause of these problems is the incorrect operation of the screen itself, for which it is necessary to calibrate the touchscreen of the device.
3 more useful articles:
The TouchScreenTune application optimizes the sensitivity and responsiveness of the touchscreen. It will be especially useful in the following cases:
Android smartphones and tablets have a similar problem for many users.
Screenshot is an effective and popular way for users of mobile devices to instantly receive, transfer or exchange
Xiaomi screen calibration instruction
Xiaomi screen calibration
The MIUI shell, which is preinstalled on all Xiaomi phones, already has a built-in function to calibrate the phone’s touchscreen. To run a built-in function, you need to do the following:
- Go to the menu “Settings” = “About Phone” = “All parameters”;
- 5 times we tap on the item “Kernel version”;
- Thus, we find ourselves in the engineering menu;
- In the list, look for the item “Touch Sensor” and tap on it;
- Next, a grid appears in front of us, along which you need to drag your finger, connecting the points of the screen;
- After you connect all the points on the screen. the sensor calibration will be completed.
Important: Sometimes, in order to get into the engineering menu on a Xiaomi phone, it is enough to dial the codes “###” or “###” and make a call to them.
Potential Calibration Issues
In the event that, nevertheless, the device is not calibrated by the method chosen for this purpose, or the application used does not give the necessary positive changes, then experts recommend trying another program, since a lot of them have been developed, the software in this direction is very diverse. You can also try “Hard reboot” or, in other words, reboot the device.
The last option for the calibration is to contact the service center. A similar problem with the device’s screen may lie not only in incorrect settings, but also in more serious reasons. In particular, in the hardware breakdown of the elements of the device or in the presence of a factory defect. In this case, it is more advisable to contact specialists to troubleshoot.
It should also be noted that, together with screen calibration, the gadget may need to check and adjust the screen sensitivity parameters for its subsequent high-quality operation.
Checking and adjusting sensitivity parameters
The sensitivity of the sensor is adjusted according to the activity that is supposed to be on the gadget.
To do this, in the device applications, you need to select:
- Special abilities;
- Screen sensitivity;
- Choose from the proposed options.
Important: You can test the screen setting without gloves or wearing them, depending on the planned use of the gadget.
Calibrating the touchscreen using Android
If you do not have access to the range of Google Play, the display of an Android device can be configured in another way without any problems.
A step-by-step instruction in this case may look like this:
- Go to the gadget in the “Settings” menu;
- Select the item “Phone settings;
- Find the inscription “Calibration, press the button;
- A cross target will appear on the screen, which has a dot inside;
- Press the center of the appeared target at least three times.
After the performed actions, the device will independently make a memory of the touches. Thus, the calibration will be considered complete. After completing the setup procedure, it is necessary to check the operation of the touchscreen by the result of pressing a certain character on the screen, which should appear after its introduction.
What can screen calibration fix
Urgent and correct calibration of the touchscreen on Android may be required in almost all cases, if the smartphone has fallen from any height, and after accidentally hitting the device in the aquatic environment, this procedure is mandatory.
Also, sensor calibration on Android will be required after repair work on replacing the screen, the appearance of a water stain under the glass of the screen and after other seemingly minor damage suffered.
To check the need for this procedure, you must perform the following steps:
- Remove the special film protecting the screen (to ensure the most correct operation of the sensor);
- Enter any letter or number;
- If the button pressed on the screen of the gadget does not match the typed information, the touchscreen setting is necessary.
Basic Calibration Methods
Two methods are used to align the knocked-out sensor-sensor.
- Use of special programs for the Android system;
It should be noted that for many brands (Samsung, HTC, Nokia and other Android devices), the calibration steps are practically the same and are identical.
Android device manufacturers generally have two types of sensors:
- Resistive (with a screen made using this technology, all sorts of problems very often arise, therefore, setting is more in demand here, but such screens are practically not used today. these systems can be seen only in budget or already outdated models);
- Capacitive (used in most gadgets, it is more reliable and high quality).
Such a program allows you to adjust the sensor of a smartphone or tablet, while increasing the level of sensitivity and efficiency. Among the main advantages of the application are:
- the possibility of a significant improvement in the level of display sensitivity in the case of using a protective film on the touchscreen;
- elimination of the slowdown effect when using a film to protect the screen;
- inclusion of complete disregard for the touch of the palm;
- creating separate shortcuts to quickly launch the program;
- the ability to use the application for free.
Note! TouchScreenTune is considered the most popular screen calibration app
Ways to calibrate the display on Android
To normalize the sensor, you can use one of the following methods:
- installation of special programs designed for the Android system.
The calibration steps for most smartphone brands are similar. Manufacturers usually provide for the use of two types of sensors:
- resistive. Problems often arise with displays that have been manufactured using this technology. They are used most often in the budget line of smartphone models or in outdated versions of a mobile device;
- capacitive. The most popular type of display, which is most often installed in modern devices.
This app can help you calibrate your Android phone. To calibrate, the user will need:
- Install app.
- Activate his work.
- Click on the “Calibrate” button.
- Follow the instructions provided by the utility. After the sensor setup process is completed, the user will receive a notification.
How to calibrate the sensor if it freezes through the engineering menu
Most modern devices have an engineering menu. This function allows you to independently configure your smartphone. Calibrating the Android touchscreen through the engineering menu is considered a rather complicated process. To open the menu, you will need to enter a combination of certain symbols, which are individually compiled by the manufacturer for each brand.
Examples of symbols for calling the engineering menu
|Samsung||### or ###|
|Htc||### or ### or ###|
|Huawei||### or ###|
|Fly, Philips, Alcatel||###|
It is recommended to enter the engineering menu through the English keyboard layout. To activate the function, you should:
- Go to the section “Hardware Testing”.
- After switching to the “Sensor” mode, experts recommend entering the “Sensor Calibration”.
- In the window that opens, the owner of the device must click on the “Clear calibration” button, which will make it possible to reset the display settings.
- To perform calibration, you need to click on “Do Calibration”.
- To close the engineering menu, you should click on the “Back” button.
Important! If the user is unable to enter the engineering menu due to the fact that the encrypted value is unknown, then do not despair. The process can be launched through special applications that are designed to perform similar operations.
A professional application that allows you to calibrate the sensor as accurately as possible if any problems arise. Among the main advantages of the Clinometer are:
- providing the ability to switch to full screen mode;
- extended two-sided calibration, allowing for adjustment on a not too level surface;
- using the application for free.
Clinometer allows quick setup
Calibrating Android Screen. Ways to Adjust Sensor Sensitivity
Most owners of smartphones with a touchscreen display at least once in their life faced a problem when the display did not respond to touch. Often the problem is that the stylus of the touchscreen is located at one point, and the smartphone perceives this as touching with a finger at another point. An equally popular problem is considered to be the execution of the sensor command only from 4-5 attempts. Calibrating the screen of an Android device can help in this situation. Below you can familiarize yourself with the features of the touch panel setup and possible problems that may arise during the setup.
Sensor calibration on an Android device. what is it and when is it needed
Touch panel calibration is the process of adjusting the display of a smartphone. The need for a procedure arises when, after swiping the finger over the sensor, the actions were not displayed with maximum accuracy. If the display does not respond properly to touch, it is worth recalibrating the smartphone.
After the fall of the smartphone, you should reconfigure the sensor
For your information! Calibrating the Android touchscreen is usually not included in pure smartphone OS functions. Google is convinced that the display of a device based on its system does not need calibration.
Before you start customizing your touchscreen, it is important to ensure that:
- there is no dirt on the screen. Dirt, dust, grease or moisture can affect the accuracy of the display. After cleaning the touch panel of the smartphone, you should pay attention to whether there are any reactions to touch;
- protective film does not interfere. Using a film that is too thick, dirty, or scratched may cause problems with the sensor. It is best to replace the protective film with a more suitable one. It is important to stick it correctly;
- the system was not overloaded. Opening a large number of applications at the same time often causes the display to respond slowly to touch. After rebooting the device, you should reset the cache and check if the problem with the display remains;
- a small amount of internal memory becomes the reason for the lack of perception of touch by the display. In this situation, it is advisable to immediately start moving data and applications to the memory card.
How to set up a sensor on Android, and in which cases an immediate procedure may be required? Experts believe that if the above reasons for the incorrect operation of the smartphone screen are irrelevant, then the sensor adjustment should be carried out immediately.
Important! Display calibration is required in situations where the screen has been replaced.
Depending on what capabilities were provided by the manufacturer of the communication device, you can choose a method to calibrate the device based on Android. Most often, to carry out the procedure, you need to go to the “Display Settings” section or to a special engineering menu.
You can calibrate the sensor yourself
The application has a clear interface. A significant advantage is the presence of additional accessibility. Among the main advantages of Power Bubble are:
- the possibility of free use;
- providing the ability to customize the display of not only a smartphone, but also a tablet;
- the presence of a function to disable the display of commercials in the settings (in order to encourage the developer, it is better to watch the videos);
- high quality graphics;
- the ability to select a special sensor that will display with maximum accuracy the degree of the tilt angle;
- ease of use of the application;
- providing the ability to fix angles by gestures or by clicking;
- turning on sound signals at zero position of the corners;
- blocking the orientation of the sensor;
- full screen mode;
- enabling users to reinstall the program on a memory card;
- shutdown if the device goes into sleep mode while the application is running.
Note! Using the program is quite simple. Very often, experts advise using it after replacing the sensor to adjust the display when it starts to slow down.
- Place the mobile device horizontally.
- Clamp the “Calibration” key, which can be found on the left side of the screen.
- The “Calidbration” mode will appear on the touchscreen. After that, you must select “Wait”.
- As soon as the display can view the zero value of the degree, the program can be used as intended.
Power Bubble can be used without payment