How to Capture Screen on iPhone
How to take a screenshot on iPhone?
The following methods of taking screenshots are common:
- Simultaneously pressing the Home and Lock buttons. After the snapshot, the created screenshot will be saved in the Gallery and will be available for use and sending to social networks / mail;
- It consists in using an option called “AssistiveTouch”, this method is suitable for those users who are too lazy to hold down two buttons of the device at the same time, and this method is not uncommon for those Apple users who have faulty buttons on their gadgets.
How to take a picture of the screen by pressing two buttons on iPhone?
- For iPhone 6/6 Plus, 6s / 6s, Plus 7/7 Plus:
How to take a screenshot of the screen on an iPhone
The function of creating screenshots is considered very popular today, because allows you to capture and share important information. The procedure for creating screenshots for Android and Apple devices differs markedly in the algorithm, so new iPhone users at first get lost and wonder how you can take a screenshot on an iPhone.
Taking screenshots using the on-screen menu (AssistiveTouch)
- After selecting “Accessibility”, enable the AssistiveTouch option by activating the slider;
- After activation, an icon will appear on the screen as in the screenshot below;
- Now open what you want to shoot and click on the AssistiveTouch icon, in the window that appears, click “Device”. “” and select “Screenshot”.
This option is most relevant if any button on the device is not functional. AssistiveTouch lets you use a non-functional button right on your iPhone display.
Screenshot Editing Apps
As practice shows, many people prefer to share screenshots. In this case, applications that allow you to edit photos will be relevant. Popular among them is, for example, “Screenshot Maker Pro”. will allow you to add various effects to the image, resize and add different frames after you have managed to take a screenshot.
Screenshot Maker Pro is an English-language application, but nevertheless has an intuitive interface. Its main disadvantage is the need to purchase a paid version if you plan to access the application several times a day, but the developers allow you to use Screenshot Maker Pro no more than twice a day for free.
The analogue of this application is in no way inferior to “Screenshot. Frame Maker”, after installing it on the iPhone, you must perform the following sequence of actions:
- After launching the application, click on the plus sign;
- A folder with your photos will open, among which you need to select the screenshot we need;
- After selecting the desired picture, you will find yourself in a menu where you can select frames;
- It remains to choose what to do with the edited photo, the result of editing can be seen in the image below.
IPhone 8 and later
On iPhone 8 and Plus devices, you can perform a forced restart:
- You need to press and quickly release the volume up key and do the same with the volume down button.
- Next, you need to hold the side key for a few seconds and wait for the developer’s logo to appear on the smartphone screen.
On iPhone 7
For a 7th generation smartphone, the reboot process is slightly different from later models. The user needs to hold down the upper side key and hold it until the Apple logo appears.
Causes of screen problems on iPhone and iPad
- long response to application triggering. When the user taps on the program icon, it opens with a delay of a few seconds;
- non-uniform sensitivity of the screen surface. In some parts, the response to touch is instant, in others, on the contrary, there is a long delay;
- applications open on their own. If the user notices that programs are being opened without his participation, then the reasons lie in the violation of the sensitivity of the touch panel;
- in some cases, there is a lack of response to touching the screen. In this situation, most often the problem is in the sensor, and a complete replacement of the board is required;
- the jailbreak procedure was performed incorrectly. Owners of iOS devices resort to expanding the functionality of the phone using the firmware officially supported by the developers. If installed incorrectly, the screen may not respond to touch.
IPhone and iPad Screen Calibration. Touch Adaptation
IPhone users often need to calibrate their phone screen. The smartphone manufacturer does not integrate such a function into the standard settings of the device. Calibration may be required in cases where the sensor does not respond to touch or you need to open one application, but a completely different one is launched.
IPhone 6 and earlier
On 6th generation Apple devices that use the Home button, troubleshoot display issues as follows:
- Required within 15-20 seconds. hold the “Home” button on the front of the smartphone.
- Then wait for the developer’s logo to appear and wait until the device is turned on. After that, you can check the performance of the sensor.
IPhone screen not responding to touch
If there is no reaction to the touch, you need to find out why the problem occurred. First, you need to make an external examination to identify physical defects: cracks on the display, chips. It is also worth excluding the ingress of moisture into the phone case.
Note! In extreme cases, a hard reset of the device may be required.
For a hard reboot, you must adhere to the following algorithm of actions:
- Hold down the “Home” button. If it is not available on later models, the volume rocker is used.
- The keys are held for 15-20 seconds. The device will analyze the memory and perform a deep cleaning of the system.
If the hard reboot method did not help, then you can use the following methods to restore the screen to work:
- completely discharge the phone and wait for the automatic shutdown. Then fully charge the iPhone and turn on the device;
- recovery via iTunes. To do this, you need to connect the device to the computer, go to the program in the “Overview” tab and select the “Restore iPhone” option.
On different devices, the reasons for the lack of response to the sensor can be different. On older models, you can take advantage of touch adaptation. What is iPhone touch adaptation? This is a self-adjusting display response time.
The screen is too sensitive
How to check the sensor on iPhone if the screen sensitivity is high:
- physical damage to the screen;
- poor quality replacement of the factory display;
- conflicts with software.
Note! Screen chips or cracks can cause different areas of the display to respond unevenly to touch. Somewhere the sensitivity is too high, in other parts of the screen it is lower.
Damage to the display strongly affects the sensor
Poor replacement of the factory display may cause the sensor to become hypersensitive. If poor-quality components were used during the repair, then over time, pixels will fade, the color display level will drop and the sensitivity will be impaired.
If the software fails, you can solve the problem yourself. To do this, you need to check your phone based on the following criteria:
- reboot the smartphone. In some cases, this helps to solve the problem;
- disable Lightning and USB Type-C. Low-quality accessories can provoke display problems;
- remove the protective film or cover. Poor materials used in films and covers can reduce or increase display sensitivity.
Important! Additionally, it is worth checking if there are any gaps in the case, as a result of which moisture gets inside the smartphone.
Water inside the iPhone completely destroys it
If none of the methods is successful, you need to contact Apple Customer Support. Operators will consult the owner of the device and suggest further steps to solve the problem.
What to do if the screen doesn’t always respond to touch
There are many reasons if the screen of the device does not respond to touch. In some cases, this is associated with an application error, for example, the program cannot shut down gracefully, and the processor is fully loaded. It is recommended to reboot the device or force quit the software in the settings.
In other situations, environmental conditions such as cold and rain may be the cause. If the sensor freezes, the system cannot recognize the touch. Dirt on the screen can cause incorrect processing of sensor commands. It is recommended to wipe the display with a slightly damp cloth and let it dry. If the touchscreen does not work due to exposure to cold temperatures, then it is worth moving the phone to a warmer room, and after a few minutes, the performance will be restored.
The regular operation of Apple devices, according to the technical documentation, is allowed at an air temperature of at least.20 ° C or up to 40 ° C. It should be noted that overheating of the device can also lead to the fact that the screen does not respond to touch.
If, due to inaccurate handling of the phone or tablet, the sensor control is damaged, then the performance of the screen will noticeably deteriorate. Touch tracks are located across the entire screen area and respond to the touch of the user’s hands. If severely damaged, the signals cannot be processed, and the phone may not open the desired application or launch a completely different program.
Important! In case of serious damage to the touchscreen, you need to contact the service center to replace the destroyed elements and restore the screen sensitivity on the iPhone.