How To Cast Laptop Screen To TV
How to display an image from a laptop, smartphone, or tablet to a TV over Wi-Fi? TV as a wireless monitor [Intel WiDi and Miracast]
I very often have to answer questions that sound something like this: “Is it possible to use the TV as a wireless monitor for a laptop or smartphone?”. “How to display an image on a TV from a tablet, computer, or phone, but not via cable, but via Wi-Fi? “. “How to make it so that everything on a tablet or smartphone is displayed on the TV, and that everything is in the air?”.
In this article, I will try to answer the questions posed. We will figure out whether it is possible without a cable to display an image on a modern TV, and how to do it using Intel WiDi or Miracast technologies.
Before proceeding to the main part, in which I plan to tell you how you can still convert a TV into a wireless monitor, you need to understand something:
It can slow down by air, use a cable
If you want to display the picture on TV from your laptop, in order to play games or watch movies, then it is best to do it via HDMI cable. It is not necessary to have problems with a computer, since now almost every laptop or every card has HDMI, and even in TVs this is far from uncommon. How to connect all this, read the article How to connect a TV to a computer (laptop) using an HDMI cable? TV as a monitor.
No wireless technology will provide the picture quality you get with a digital HDMI cable (at least not yet). Yes, I want it without wires, but with wireless technology, there will be slowdowns, although not large. And it’s not very pleasant to play games or watch movies with some delay in the image.
Display on TV and photos, you can without special technologies
In this article, we are talking about duplicating absolutely everything that happens on the screen of your device to the TV.
But, in order to simply broadcast photos to TV via Wi-Fi, or from your computer, smartphone, or tablet, no special technology is needed. Almost every modern TV supports DLNA technology (if there is a Smart TV, then it definitely does). Computers and mobile devices can also transfer media content using DLNA technology. Android can do it for sure, iOS can do it too (if I’m not mistaken). and in Windows Phone, this opportunity will appear after updating to version 8.1 (at the time of this writing, the official update will wait about a month).
To set up the broadcast of photos and films over the air from your computer to your TV, see these instructions:
If the first article is suitable only for LG TVs, then the second one can be called universal.
Well, if you still need to completely duplicate the picture on the TV, and even wirelessly, then read on.
Which devices support Intel WiDi and Miracast?
As for computers (laptops). then Intel WiDi technology requires a 4th generation Intel processor, Intel graphics, and Intel wireless Wi-Fi adapter. As you already understood, not every laptop can boast of such a configuration. Or, you need a special prefix.
If we talk about mobile devices, then they should also support Intel WiDi, or Miracast. If you plan to use These technologies, then see the characteristics of the devices and check the availability of THESE technologies before purchasing.
For detailed information on devices that support this technology, you can look at the official website http://www.intel.ua/content/www/ua/uk/architecture-and-technology/intel-wireless-display.html.
Intel WiDi and Miracast on TVs
We figured out the devices that will transmit the image through the air, now with regard to the TVs that will display this very image. The TV must either have built-in support for Intel WiDi / Miracast, or you will need to buy a special receiver that connects to the HDMI connector of your TV.
As far as I understand, almost all TVs of popular manufacturers: LG, Samsung, Toshiba. starting from the 2013 line, and in which there is support for Smart TV, have built-in receivers and can work with the Intel WiDi / Miracast standard.
If the TV has built-in support, then, as I already wrote, an external HDMI adapter will help. By the way, the image goes through it even better than through the built-in.
For example, the LG 32LN575U TV is an inexpensive model with a Smart TV function, there is support for Intel WiDi / Miracast. It looks like this:
Perhaps, somehow I will demonstrate the work of this technology, but this will already be in another article.
Image on TV from laptop or smartphone via Wi-Fi
I noticed that many people want, for example, to launch an online movie on a tablet, in a browser and display it on the TV. But in order to broadcast a movie via DLNA, you must first download it. Not everyone likes this, and not everyone knows how to download movies on a tablet or smartphone. If you have a Smart TV, then you can watch online movies directly from your TV, and you do not need any additional devices for this. How to do this, read this article.
There are two main technologies that allow you to wirelessly duplicate everything that you see on the screen of your laptop or mobile device on a TV. These are Intel Wireless Display (Intel WiDi) technologies. and Miracast. Chances are, you’ve already heard of THESE technologies, or seen them in the settings of your devices.
If you explain their work in your own words, then everything happens like this: the image that is displayed on the screen of your computer or mobile device is compressed and transmitted via Wi-Fi to the TV. All this happens very quickly, and delays are almost invisible.
You just turn on Miracast, or Intel WiDi on the TV (if it supports this technology, if not, you need a special HDMI adapter). and on a mobile device, or on a laptop using a special program, starts the broadcast. The devices are connected and the picture is transmitted to the TV. By the way, a Wi-Fi network (router) is not necessary at all, the TV itself creates a network to which you just need to connect. Something like Wi-Fi Direct.
At first glance, everything is very simple. But, at the moment, not all devices support these wireless technologies. Although, I think that in a year, this will NOT be a problem.
By the way, Intel WiDi (starting from version 3.5) is compatible with Miracast. Therefore, the technology from Intel can be considered universal.
Let’s Summarize. If you want to use the TV as the main or second monitor for your computer or mobile device, and you have an urgent need to connect them over the air, then it is best to do it with a cable. It’s cheaper and the picture quality will be better.
Do not forget that using DLNA technology, and via Wi-Fi, you can broadcast photos and. But displaying the image launched the game while in the browser, or on the desktop. it will not work.
If you still want everything that is displayed on the screen of your computer, smartphone, or tablet to be displayed on the TV screen, then look towards Intel WiDi and Miracast technologies. If your devices DO NOT support THESE standards, you will have to buy special set-top boxes and receivers.
If you are just planning to buy new devices and are going to use These wireless technologies, then before buying, see if they support these standards.
I recommend still looking at the topic. Review of Intel WiDi technology from Natasha.
Transfer picture from phone to PC wirelessly
Setting up a wireless connection shouldn’t cause any difficulties for users, but there is one point to remember. Picture transmission is carried out using Miracast technology.
In the case of a phone, this should not be a problem, since most of the mobile devices are compatible with the above standard, but there may be problems with the computer itself. old laptops and desktop NKs are not equipped with Miracast support, so it will not work to display the picture. You can see for yourself that this is really so. If you have a moderately new computer, but there should be no problems.
Open the Start menu and find the Connect app. After launch, the Connect program window will appear with information about waiting for a connection from another device. Now it’s time to pick up your smartphone and connect to your computer. Let’s see how to do it.
How to mirror your phone screen on Windows 10 computer
With the latest update, Windows 10 introduced the Connect app, which enables wireless screen display from Miracast-compatible mobile devices. This means that now we can wirelessly display the phone screen on a computer without the need to install additional programs.
We offer a short guide on how to connect your phone to a computer wirelessly and display your smartphone screen using the new built-in Connect option.
Display phone screen on PC
If you’ve ever wirelessly viewed photos from your phone on a monitor, or recorded a picture from your Android or Windows 10 Mobile screen to a file, then you’ve certainly dealt with apps for streaming images from your smartphone to your computer.
Microsoft has implemented the Connect app in Windows 10 with the Anniversary Update. Thanks to this solution, we no longer need to install third-party software. now we can display the image from the phone screen directly to the computer using the built-in function.
Enabling Screen Transfer in Android or Windows 10 Mobile
First you need to find the image transfer option in your smartphone. Unfortunately, as is often the case on Android, depending on the manufacturer, some features have been moved elsewhere or removed entirely. Therefore, it can be a little problematic here, nevertheless, even if the manufacturer removed this function, then it can be restored.
On a pure Android OS, the corresponding option is found under Settings. Display. Transfer Image. When you enable this function, a list of devices on the network to which you can transfer the image will appear. select your Windows 10 computer here.
Android Wireless Display
If you cannot find the image transfer function on Android, then you can install a special program that creates a shortcut on the desktop for displaying the image. The program is able to call the function even when the manufacturer has removed its link in the settings.
For this purpose, you need to download Miracast Widget Shortcut. After installing it, go to your smartphone’s app list and launch Miracast Widget Shortcut. You will immediately be taken to the Corresponding section in the settings, which is responsible for transferring images to another device. This option is called “Wireless Display”.
If your mobile phone is running Windows 10 Mobile, go to display settings and find the wireless screen pairing feature. Your PC should be defined in the list of devices.
Further actions will NOT cause any problems. Your computer will appear in the list of devices. you will see its name in the Connect window. Just click on it in the list to start the connection process.
When the devices connect to each other, the picture that we see on the phone screen will appear in the Connect program window in Windows 10. Thus, you can watch photos from your phone on a big screen wirelessly or use the Android / Windows 10 Mobile recording app on your computer.
How to enable Miracast (WiDI) broadcast support on Samsung, LG, Sony and PhilIPs TVs
Usually, in order to be able to transfer the image from the phone to the TV, it is enough that the TV is turned on and the Wi-Fi adapter is turned on, but sometimes the wireless display function is turned off on the TV and first it may need to be turned on in the settings. Below are examples of such settings, on your TV the items may differ slightly, but the logic is usually the same and you can find the parameters you need.
- Samsung. on the TV remote, press the Source button and select Screen Mirroring. Also in the network settings Some Samsung TVs may have additional screen mirroring settings.
- LG. go to settings (Settings button on the remote). Network. Miracast (Intel WiDi) and enable this function.
- Sony Bravia. Press the source selection button on the TV remote (usually at the top left) and select Screen mirroring. Also, if in the TV network settings (go to Home, open Options. Network there) turns on the Built-in Wi-Fi and a separate Wi-Fi Direct item, the broadcast can be started without selecting the signal source (TV will automatically switch to wireless broadcast), but the TV must already be on.
- PhilIPs. the option is enabled in Settings. Network Settings. Wi-Fi Miracast.
Theoretically, the items can change from model to model, but almost all today’s TVs with a Wi-Fi module support image reception via Wi-Fi, and I’m sure you will be able to find the desired menu item.
How to transfer image from Android phone to TV. instruction [del]
How to Transfer Picture from Android Phone to TV
But not all owners of modern Smart TV and Android smartphones or tablets know that it is possible to transfer images from the phone to the TV via Wi-Fi, using Miracast technology. There are other ways, for example, using an MHL cable or Chromecast (a separate device that connects to the HDMI port of the TV and receives an image via Wi-Fi) or using DLNA when connected to the same network.
In this manual, you will learn in detail how to use the ability to broadcast images with sound from your Android 9, 8, 7 and earlier phone to a TV that supports Miracast technology (Screen Mirroring). At the same time, despite the fact that the connection is carried out via Wi-FI, the presence of a router at home is NOT required, in any case for the live transmission, which is discussed in the first part of the manual. Also may be of interest: How to use an Android and iOS phone as a TV remote.
- Checking and enabling broadcast support on Android
- How to enable screen transfer via Miracast on TV Samsung, LG, Sony and PhilIPs
- Transferring Picture from Android Phone to TV via Wi-Fi
- How to transfer an image from a phone to a TV. instructions
- Additional transfer options from phone to TV
Checking for screen casting support on Android and enabling casting
In order not to waste time, I recommend that you first make sure that your phone or tablet supports displaying images on wireless displays: the fact is that NOT any Android device is capable of this. many of them belong to the lower and partially to the middle price segment, but do not support Miracast.
- On Android 9 (in the case of a clean OS) go to Settings. Connected devices. Connection settings. Broadcast and make sure that the option to transfer images from the phone is enabled in the menu, as in the screenshot below.
- On Samsung Galaxy smartphones, open the notification area completely and see if there is a Smart View icon (Considering that the icons in the notification area can be a letter and the desired one may not be on the first page).
- On earlier versions of the OS, go to Settings. Display and see if there is a “Broadcast” item (in Android 6 and 7) or “Wireless display (Miracast)” (Android 5 and some devices with proprietary shells). If the item is present, you can immediately switch it to the “Enabled” state Using the menu (called by three points) on pure Android or the On-Off switch in some shells.
- Another location where you can detect the presence or absence of the wireless image transmission function (“Transfer screen” or “Broadcast”) is the quick settings area in the Android notification area (however, it may be that the function is supported, and there are buttons for turning on the broadcast, or it is hidden and you can enable it in the settings, which is shown below).
If the wireless display, Screen Mirroring, Smart View, Broadcast, Miracast, or WiDi options are not found either there, try searching in settings, go to settings and using the search field. If nothing similar is detected, it is most likely that your device does not support wireless image transmission to a TV or other compatible screen.
Transferring images to an Android TV via Wi-Fi (Miracast)
Make sure to turn on Wi-Fi on your Android phone or tablet before starting, otherwise the following steps will show that wireless screens are not available.
Transferring an image from your phone to your TV may take slightly different steps depending on your Android version and smartphone brand, but the following options are usually available:
- In the notification area, find the “Broadcast” icon, and after searching for available TVs, click on Necessary and Wait for the broadcast to start.
- If you have a Samsung Galaxy phone, in the notification area, find the Smart View icon, click on it, Wait for the TV to be found, click on it and wait for the broadcast to start.
- Go to Settings. Display. Broadcast (or Wireless Miracast Screen), your TV will be displayed in the list (it must be turned on at this moment). Click on it and wait until the connection is completed. Some TVs will need to “allow” to connect (a prompt will appear on the TV screen).
- Open the list of quick actions in the Android notification area, select the “Broadcast” button (may not be available), after finding your TV, click on it.
That’s all. if everything went well, then after a short time you will see the screen of your smartphone or tablet on the TV (in the photo below, the “Camera” application is open on the device and the image is duplicated on TV).
You may also find additional information useful:
- The connection does not always happen the first time (sometimes it tries to connect for a long time and nothing comes out), but if everything that is required is included and supported, it is usually possible to achieve a positive result.
- Image and sound transmission speeds may not be the best, and most games will NOT work like this.
- If you started something on the phone, and it is transmitted to the TV as a black screen (which may be in some players and with protected content), it is better to use the transfer methods described below in the section with additional image transfer methods.
- If you usually use portrait (vertical) screen orientation, then turned on automatic rotation and turned the device, you will make the image occupy the entire TV screen.
Additional options for transferring images and photos from Android to TV
If your task is to transfer photos to the TV, and not just transfer the screen with all its limitations, I recommend using other methods, however, Considering that, unlike the previous method, it requires that both the TV and the smartphone be connected to the same network. (via cable or Wi-Fi. no role):
- An application for casting to XCast TV, available for free on the Play Store and supporting DLNA transmission (you can also broadcast photos from your phone), Chromecast and even AirPlay. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cast.video.screenmirroring.casttotv
- Cast Web application, which allows you to transfer images Not only from your phone, but also from network services, is available here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=castwebbrowsertotv.castwebvideo.webvideocaster
- Do not forget that if the TV is on, and on your phone you are playing YouTube, you can click on the broadcast icon in the application on your phone to start playing the same on TV with the ability to control on Android.
Hopefully one of the suggested solutions worked for your phone and TV sharing scenario.
. Instructions for Windows 10
Select the desired file, right-click. In the window that appears, select “Transfer to device”. Then select the name of the TV.
Broadcasting wirelessly is a complex technique that deserves special attention. But it remains the most popular because every home has a router. Before connecting, you need to prepare several devices, which you cannot do without:
- A computer, laptop, or other device that plays. Through it you start the server.
- DLNA TV. It will port everything contained on the PC. If there is a built-in Smart TV function, then the connection will be easier.
- Internal network connecting laptop, TV. 2 gadgets Must connect to one router.
Developers release smart TV and computers with DLNA technology support. If this function is built in, it will be enough for playing music. films. DLNA instructions will be below.
For Windows XP
Right-click any free space on the desktop, select “Properties”. In the window that appears, open the “Options” category. Select the second monitor and click “Extend Desktop”.
The TV will display the desktop just like the main monitor, but without folders or other icons. To watch movies, switch the player window to TV. You can customize the location of the TV: it will be on the left or right. You can also put the TV as the main monitor. To do this, click “Use device as primary”.
How to watch movies on TV through a computer: Wi-Fi and cable, instructions
A low resolution monitor is NOT suitable for watching Blu-ray movies. Below will be presented simple ways to display on the big screen. The methods will use Wi-Fi, cables and third-party services. The TV and computer may even be in separate rooms. Whatever method you choose won’t be a hassle or come with components. By following the instructions, you can understand how to watch movies from your computer on your TV.
- Wi-Fi connection
- Instructions for Windows 10
- Instructions for Windows 7
- If NK doesn’t see TV
- Cable connection
- How to watch through a cable?
- For Windows XP
- For Windows 10
- TV box
- Using third-party programs
How to watch through a cable?
To watch movies from a computer via a cable, first of all do the following:
- Disconnect laptop / computer and smart TV.
- Disconnect antenna and other equipment from the TV.
- Connect cables and switches.
- Turn on your PC / laptop and TV.
With the correct connection, select a suitable channel in TV, which can be tuned through a laptop. It remains to configure the transmission.
Instructions for Windows 7
Right click on the file and select “Play to”. Click on the TV. After that, a player will appear, where you can manage the selected files, change the order of their display. To replenish the list, transfer files through the player. This way you can control the display remotely and add new files to it. You can also combine photos, music and other films with each other.
It happens that before transferring the image, the Media Streaming Options window appears. Click Enable Media Streaming.
In the next window, check for a permitting checkmark next to your TV model.
Repeat the file transfer procedure.
When using Movies TV on Windows 10, the method is slightly different. Open the menu and click “Transfer to Device”, click on your TV. All files will be broadcast on the second monitor. Optionally, you can set what will be played.
See also the instructions for how to display on TV:
Such a set-top box almost completely copies the functionality of the new Smart TV, but the list of features is larger and easier to manage. For example, consider Apple TV:
- Connect it to your TV.
- Start browsing. audio, photos and other content.
Once connected, you will have access to Movies and Photos stored on your iCloud and iTunes account. You can also play small toys by connecting multiple gamepads to the console.
Of course, Apple TV is tailored for users of Apple products only with licensed files. Therefore, many people choose consoles with the Android system, where there are more options and freedom of action. You can watch movies, others through the browser, download the application through the Play Market. In fact, these are the same smartphones on the Android platform. In addition, you can connect a keyboard, mouse for quick text input.
How to quickly play a movie? Cable connection is considered the easiest and takes less time.
- DVI is a popular interface and has the same signal quality as HDMI. But before buying, keep in mind that audio tracks do not pass through the cable if the specified function is missing on the ATI card. Using this connection, connect additional cables with audio transmission function.
- The VGA cable will be older than the previous one, but it remains relevant to this day. The connector is present on almost all modern devices, but some TV manufacturers are gradually getting rid of the VGA port.
- USB connectors are built into every laptop or computer, they are also used to create a connection with a TV. This can be done with a USB to HDMI or VGA converter. One of THESE ports must be present to connect the TV.
- S-present in all new computers, Smart TV. It is used only for the transmission of track quality, and not exceeding HD. Audio tracks are not transmitted by this cable.
- SCART is a popular port in televisions for transmitting and audio signals. In a laptop and a computer, this port is absent, therefore they use the S-Video-SCART, VGA-SCART connection.
- RCA is an interface with three connectors, equipped in all modern TVs and cards. Signal transmission quality is worse than in previous versions, especially with regard to color rendition.
For Windows 10
After connecting the TV to the computer, a notification will come or a window will open in a new monitor. You will need to make a choice of the mode of use:
- Display on the second display of information that is broadcast on the first.
- Expanding the desktop on a new display.
- Displaying the picture exclusively on the second monitor, the first one will be disabled.
After choosing the desired option, it will be possible to change it, go to “Monitor settings”.
DLNA is a technology for connecting computers, laptops, tablets, smartphones and other devices into one home network (server). I’ll tell you about DLNA setup for LG TVs using a special program. This will allow you to watch from your computer.
- Download and Install the Smart Share software on your PC.
- After opening the program, its icon will appear in the computer tray. Click on it with the right mouse button and select “Configure Smart Share Program”. On the switch, set “ON” and press “OK”. By this action we give access to files on the PC.
- In the “My Shared Files” tab, you can add or remove folders that will be available on TV for viewing. After we press “Ok” and “Apply”.
- In the section “My device settings” you can change the name of the server.
- In the section “Allow / block other devices” you need to find your TV and click “Apply”.
This completes the settings. Now let’s move on to how to watch movies or other content:
- On your TV, go to “Smart TV” and look for “Smart Share”.
- Open “Connected devices” and select the server that we created earlier.
- In the “All folders” section, you will find the files to which you have made access. We open them and watch on TV.
If you did NOT find your server in the list, disable the antivirus program, restart your computer and try again.
Also available for viewing with instructions for setting up Smart Share:
Connect your Smart TV to your laptop
Most modern TV devices are equipped with a function that allows you to access interactive content. Due to what you can easily display a variety of information from the Internet on the TV screen. movies. music, games, blogs, etc. This technology is called Smart.
The most common and advanced platforms are Samsung Smart TV and LG Smart TV. Other manufacturers are actively introducing similar technology. Sony, PhilIPs, Panasonic, Thomson, etc.
So we will connect such a TV with Smart TV to a laptop. This is done as follows:
- Connect both laptop and TV to one wireless point. For example, to a router. You already know how to do this on a laptop. So let’s start with the TV. We turn on the device and, using the remote control, go to the settings. We find a section called “Network” (or something similar).
- Turn on the Wi-Fi adapter. Select from the list the access point to which the laptop is already connected. All two devices are connected to the same network.
- Next, we set up a DLNA server. Sounds scary and incomprehensible? Don’t be scared. In fact, we just open network access to folders with the rest of the content. This is done on a laptop. The first step is to go to the “Network Control Center”. In the “View active networks” section, change the public network to a private (home) one.
- Now we need to “share” a specific directory. For example, you want to watch a movie on TV that is stored on your laptop’s hard drive. Then we find the folder “My records”. Click on it with the right mouse button.
- In the window that appears, select the “Access” section. From there we go to the item “Advanced setting”. Here at the very top Check the box next to “Share this folder”. Then we press “apply” and “ok”.
- There is another way, which will allow you to enable sharing. Open Windows Explorer, select “Network”. We find the message “Network discovery and file sharing are disabled.” Click on it and follow the instructions of the assistant.
- After DLNA is turned on, we take the remote from the TV. In the device menu, we are looking for an item dedicated to viewing the contents of various external connected sources. Let’s say it’s called “Home” on Sony TVs. There are films, pictures or music. All that remains is to select the desired content from your computer. If it’s LG, then you need to find the “SmartShare” section and call the item “View PC contents”.
If you have configured everything correctly, then you can start movies in two clicks. Simply “highlighting” any file on the laptop, press the auxiliary mouse button on it and select the “Play on.” item. In the list that opens, you only need to name your TV model. For example, Sony Bravia KDL-42W817B. Then the broadcast on the big screen will start automatically.
Connecting laptop to TV via Wi-Fi
The size of the laptop screen does not always allow you to comfortably browse photos, play computer games or just surf the Internet. Therefore, many users connect a laptop to a TV. This can be done using a dedicated HDMI cable. Then the screen of the TV device will be like a second monitor to project the image from the laptop. But it’s much easier to connect your laptop to your TV over Wi-Fi. You won’t need to place equipment as close to each other as possible, or connect and hide wires. So today we will tell you how in different ways to connect a laptop to a TV via Wi-Fi.
Connect your TV to your laptop using WiDi
First of all, this method is good because it does not require any “sharing” of folders and sharing settings. WiDi technology uses the Wi-Fi standard and simply duplicates a picture from a laptop onto the screen of a TV device. True, there are a couple of nuances. You can organize the connection in this way only if the laptop:
- Assembled on the basis of the third generation Intel processor;
- Equipped with Intel Wi-Fi module;
- Integrated Intel graphics;
- OS. Windows 7, 8, 10.
In some cases, you may still need to install Intel Wireless Display software. As for the TV itself, it must support Miracast (WiDI) technology. Most modern models, which are produced from 2012-2013, have this function by default.
The procedure for connecting via WiDi itself includes several stages:
- On the TV, open the Smart Applications or Settings menu, from where you can control the available functions. This can usually be done by pressing the “Smart” or “Home” button on the remote.
- Find and select “Screen Share”. On some TV models, there is a separate Miracast / Intels WiDi item in the settings. just look for and activate it. On Samsung TVs, this feature is called Screen Mirroring. If you can’t find a similar section, just turn on Wi-Fi on the TV device.
- Open Intel Wireless Display on the laptop. If this software is available by default, then download and Install.
- Launched the app, it will automatically scan for wireless displays. The user only needs to select the appropriate option and click “Connect”.
- You may not be able to sync the laptop and TV right away. Often the system asks you to enter a special code, which appears on the TV display. Then we wait a few seconds for the connection to complete. That’s all you managed to transfer the image from the laptop to the big screen.
It also happens that you did everything as described above, but the laptop does not see the TV. Then open the Charms-panel on the laptop, click the “Devices” tab. Then select “Projector” and add your wireless screen. Also updates Wi-Fi drivers.
Connect your TV to your laptop via special software
You can connect two devices via Wi-Fi to display an image using various programs. Today, there is a lot of all kinds of software for playing content on a TV without using wires. Although the greatest demand is for:
- home media server;
- Samsung Share (has a simplified interface, but mostly compatible only with Samsung devices);
- Share Manager.
And of all THESE programs, the home media server is the most stable application. In addition, it fits almost all TV models from different manufacturers. Using a home media server as an example, we will tell you how to display an image from a laptop on TV:
- We download the distribution kit for free from the official website of the developer. http://www.homemediaserver.ru
- Installing the program on a laptop.
- We launch it. A table will appear listing the various devices. In this list, you need to choose the one to which the content will be transmitted. That is, we look for and click on your TV model. Click the “Next” button.
- The program will offer to share certain folders. By default, these are “”, “Music”, “Pictures”. However, you can manually specify other folders where you store your movies or photos, so that you can later watch them on the TV screen. Just click on the right button “Add” with a big green plus.
- Then I confirm the scanning procedure. Click “Ok” and “Finish”.
Now various content, such as you specified in the home media server program, will be displayed on the large TV screen.
Other similar applications work on the same principle. So, difficulties in using them should NOT arise. So you learned how to connect a laptop to a TV via a wireless Wi-Fi network using special software.
What to do if your TV has a Wi-Fi module?
Wireless connection with a laptop via Wi-Fi is not possible if there is no special module. For example, it is absent on older TV devices that were released more than 5 years ago. Naturally, without a cable, a laptop can NOT be connected to such a TV. How to be? You will have to use additional accessories.
For example, an adapter can help expand the capabilities of your TV. It is usually plugged into the HDMI port. What similar gadgets can we recommend? this is:
- Google Chromecast;
- Android Mini PC;
- Compute Stick;
- Miracast adapter.
All of the above adapters will allow you to establish a wireless connection and transfer images from your laptop to your TV.