How to Clear Cache on Android Samsung A5
Why do I need to clear the cache in Android
While the cache stores useful data that allows the applications that built it to run faster and consume less power, it can sometimes cause one significant inconvenience to the user — running out of storage space. This is understandable, because over time, a lot of the corresponding files may appear, and some of them will have an impressive size.
For example: if, say, 25 applications are installed on the device, which are regularly used, then after a month the cache will most likely grow to 7 gigabytes, and possibly more. If the device has only 32 gigabytes of storage, then having such a large amount of relevant data will be a problem. As a result, you will need to clear the Android cache.
How to clear the cache of only one application
Now about how to clear the cache on Android only for one specific application. To do this, you need to perform the following series of actions:
- go to “Settings”;
- select “Memory”;
- tap on “Application data”;
- go to the “All” tab;
- find and select the application whose cache you want to clear;
- on the displayed screen, click on “Erase data”;
- confirm the action by clicking on “Ok”.
After a few seconds, the cache data of this application will be deleted.
After deleting application data, you may need to re-authorize (for example, in the case of social media clients). Therefore, before cleaning, make sure that you have the credentials of the account to which you are going to connect through the application.
Basic ways to clear cache in Android
The system and application cache can be cleared in two ways: through the built-in utility and using one of the special programs that are available in the Play Market.
Deleting the cache using the built-in utility is a safer way to get rid of the relevant data. The system is guaranteed not to harm the files that are needed for the operation of programs and the system, as well as user information. When working with third-party applications, in turn, you should be more careful.
The cache in the Android operating system is divided into three types:
- system cache;
- application cache.
Dalvik-Cache is data generated by the Dalvik virtual machine. It stores optimized application files that are needed for faster execution of programs. Those, in turn, are on a special section that is invisible to the user who does not use special applications.
The system cache stores data from programs that are built into Android. During operation, the system creates files in which it records information that can be reused.
Application cache is a storage of data that was created by third-party applications (for example, downloaded from the Play Market). It may contain: thumbnails of pictures, images loaded in the browser, game files, etc.
Why clearing the cache is dangerous
In general, clearing the cache in Android is completely safe, with only one exception. you can lose unsaved information in running applications. Therefore, before clearing the cache, you need to save all important information for you in the applications already running.
Android apps to clear the cache
One of the most popular apps for clearing the cache on Android is Clean Master. This program can be downloaded for free from the Play Market. It’s easy to use:
- first you need to download and install it;
- running, you will need to click on the “JUNK FILES” (“Files in the basket”);
- on the screen that appears, you must select the applications whose cache you want to clear;
- click on “CLEAN JUNK”.
This application can be configured to clear the cache at a specified time.
There are also other programs for cleaning the cache, for example, App Cache Cleaner, Power Clean, CCleaner and others.
App Cache Cleaner is an application that, in addition to clearing the cache in manual and automatic mode (at a specified interval), can also transfer certain application data to a memory card. Suitable for those who have little space on the internal storage, but MicroSD is installed.
Power Clean is an app that has many features. With it, you can not only clear the cache, but also delete old files that have not been used for a long time, speed up the system, cool down the processor, etc.
CCleaner is a mobile version of a well-known application for personal computers on Windows. Has similar functionality to Power Cleaner. However, unlike Power Cleaner, its interface is better translated into Russian.
3 more useful articles:
Application manager. allows you to delete downloaded or system applications. His duties also include: search
It is a powerful tool for optimizing Windows performance. The main function of the program is cleaning. It is supposed to delete temporary files
Total Commander is a file manager for Andorid. Through this program, you can perform various actions with
The first way is to manually delete the buffer data
This is a less radical way, since the user does everything himself. To speed up your phone, free up storage space, we recommend you follow all the steps according to the following guide:
- First you need to go to the settings. To do this, you need to find the corresponding icon in the menu or slide your finger from the top of the display to the middle. In the upper right corner there is a gear icon.
- Now you need to go down, find the inscription “Device”. In some firmware versions, the item is called differently (“Smartphone” or “Phone”). The desired section. “Memory”.
- In the window, select the “Cache” menu. To clear files, you need to use the clear buffer information option.
- After a few seconds, a warning window will pop up. You will need to confirm the actions by clicking “OK”.
Deleting cache files will take from a few seconds to a couple of minutes. The duration depends on how regularly you cleaned. When finished, the window will close by itself. The smartphone will have more available memory.
For your information! This method removes information about each program.
How to Clear Cache on Android Samsung
There are two ways to delete cache files on Android. The first is the use of system functions, settings. The second is installing third-party applications from Google Play or downloaded files. The following instructions are for all Samsung J and A line phones.
It is believed that the safest way is to use built-in functions. With their help, you can free up memory in minutes. Manufacturers have foreseen that some files are needed for the system to work correctly, so the built-in tools only delete what they can. System cache data will be safe.
Note! Another advantage is that there is no chance of malware infecting the device.
Using programs to clear cache on Samsung
The above instructions are effective, but frequent such procedures are time consuming. To do this, the developers have created many applications that clean the device in a few minutes. The most common program for the Android operating system. Clean Master.
Smartphone cleaning utility Clean Master
With this software, you can optimize your Android device. Step by step instructions:
The main advantage of the program is a convenient and understandable menu.
Note! The app also offers anti-malware protection, device acceleration, battery saving mode, granular cleaning (uninstall programs, media).
Delete cache, cookies and history on Samsung smartphones in the browser
The settings are similar in all browsers. The instruction below is based on Google Chrome:
- First you need to open your browser.
- Click on the icon in the form of three dots (menu). It is in the upper right corner.
- Now you need to delete the history. To do this, you need to go to the appropriate tab, click “Clear”. On this page, the user can select the period for which the system will delete all information.
- Before deleting, you need to check the boxes next to cookies, images, etc.
- Then click “Delete data”.
What is cache on Android devices
Before you clear the cache data on Android Samsung, you need to know what the cache files are on smartphones and tablets. Cache are small pieces of data that are generated by different applications. On the one hand, they speed up the launch of programs, loading, etc.
For your information! The software creates the cache only once, using it later.
To make it easier to understand what cache is, you should pay attention to the following example. Media viewing applications (photo, video) create thumbnails of files (previews, small preview icons). These thumbnails are saved in internal memory so that the software can use them later. This in turn reduces the load on the processor. When the owner of the smartphone has taken new pictures or videos, the gallery program creates additional files.
Thumbnails in gallery for photo and video preview
In general, cache data stores information for reuse. When the application needs to display something, cache is used. If these files did not exist, the program would create them, open them, and then delete them every time. It slows down your smartphone or tablet.
On the other hand, the software is constantly being updated. Some files are no longer needed, and the system does not always delete them. Sometimes you have to do it manually or using special utilities.
Note! Settings vary by device model and operating system version.
The second way is to delete the buffer data of specific applications
It happens that a lot of space is taken up by a specific software. It is useless to delete the cache of all programs. The following guide will help you to delete the data of selected applications so as not to clean the rest:
- First you need to go to the settings in any convenient way.
- Then go to the section with internal memory.
- Next, you need to open a list of all programs. In new firmware versions, the item is in the menu. “Applications”.
- In the list, you must click on the application whose cache files you want to delete. Samsung devices have search to make the task easier.
- A window with detailed information about the program will open. There you can see how much memory the buffer files are occupying. To delete them, you need to click “Erase data” (“Clear cache”).
- A warning message will appear. You need to confirm the cleaning.
To delete thumbnails of images, you need to repeat these steps for the gallery.
Important! After deleting the cache files, the program will ask you to re-enter your account. To do this, you need to remember the login information.
How to clear cache on Android Samsung by yourself
Smartphones and tablets tend to clog up files over time. This entails a number of other problems. braking, overheating, lack of space. To avoid this, you need to regularly clean the operating system.
There are many ways to clear the system of garbage using a utility or manually. We recommend that you do the following from time to time to prevent unnecessary buffer files from clogging up the internal storage.
Clearing temporary files and cache on Android should be done periodically
Removing unnecessary data and garbage through Recovery Mode
This mode allows you to control the device at the system level. To clean your smartphone from debris, you need to do the following:
- Turn off the phone completely.
- When the power is turned off, you need to hold down the volume up key, “Home” and the power button.
- When the gadget turns on, you must release the keys. Recovery Mode will open.
- The required item is “Wipe cache partition”. The function will remove all cache partitions.
Thus, it is possible to speed up the work of a Samsung phone or tablet and it is even necessary to do it periodically. There are several ways to do this, which are described above. Which one to choose, each user decides for himself.
Manual cache cleaning
Basically, messengers and social networking applications, for example, Viber or. clog the cache. While watching videos, pictures and listening to music, it is saved in the phone memory. It is recommended to periodically clear the cache by deleting unnecessary files from the presented applications.
There are many useful utilities on Google Play that optimize the Android system by clearing memory. But, not in all cases the installation of these programs is required. The user can use the standard methods by referring to the settings. Manual cleaning instructions:
- Go to options.
- Find the “Application Manager” tab.
- Select a specific application.
- On the next page, you can read the basic information, which indicates how much internal memory the program takes, etc.
- Then go to the “Memory” tab and select “Clear cache”.
Cache cleaning applications
You can also install a special application that will provide more options for cleaning up memory. Among the popular utilities on Google Play, the following are highlighted:
- SD Maid. The application will delete unnecessary files and clear the device cache. The developers have provided a wide list of features and an intuitive interface. To get access to all the functionality, you will have to pay 3.5.
- The utility is free, and with its help you can get rid of unnecessary information on your phone. The user can run a scan of the cache, smartphone memory, browser history, etc. Upon completion of the procedure, CCleaner will show some recommendations and offer to perform cleaning. It will also show installed applications that take up too much space in the cache storage.
Thus, the described programs provide the ability to manage Samsung applications.
How to Clear Cache on Android Samsung
How to clear the cache on Android Samsung Galaxy every smartphone owner should know. With a clogged memory, the phone will start to slow down, that is, its performance will decrease significantly. In this article, we will consider the question. how can you clear the cache of applications and the browser.
The next option, which explains how to clear the cache on Samsung, involves resetting the phone’s settings. Please note that this procedure will completely delete all information on the device. If you do not want to lose data, then it is recommended to set up a backup. Just go to the settings and in the “Backups” section, log into your Google account and follow the instructions from the system.
To perform a factory reset, you must:
- Go to settings.
- Select the item “Archive and reset”.
- Click on “Reset data”.
- The system will show a warning that all information will be deleted, and will show the applications where your account is valid.
Confirm the procedure and wait for the device to reboot.
Clearing browser cache
To clear the cache in a mobile browser, you do not need to access third-party applications or go to settings. Usually, this function is standard in the settings of the web browser itself. Instructions:
- Open your browser and go to the menu section.
- Then select the “History” tab.
- Click on “Clear”.
- An additional menu will open, where you need to go to the main parameters section and put a tick on all the items, as indicated in the image below.
- Then you need to specify the time period. That is, tell the system how long it takes to clean. Select “All the time” and click on “Delete data”.
Also, you can erase absolutely all information from the browser by going to the “Additional” section and ticking the other items.
The way to delete files from the.thumbnails folder on Android
The thumbnails folder contains thumbnails of photos and other media files. Working with these thumbnails allows you to speed up the phone’s work with thumbnail tiles when the user is viewing the photos he has. Over time, gigabytes of such files accumulate in the.thumbnails folder, which are usually simply not needed.
Find this folder (it is located in the DCIM directory) and delete its contents. This will help clear the memory on your Android if it is clogged with invisible files for some reason.
Removing cached data to clear smartphone memory from invisible files
As you use more and more apps on your phone, they create cache files. The latter are unnecessary files and take up a lot of space. Depending on the frequency and usage patterns of specific applications, the size of cached files for some programs can be tens of megabytes. There is also another type of cached data that is stored on your phone and does not belong to a specific application.
You can easily delete the two listed types of cached data.
You also need to do with the shared cached data:
- Open the “Settings” application;
- There select “Storage”;
- Scroll down to the Cached Data option;
- Click on the cached data option to delete it.
In some OS versions, the “Optimize” button located in the device maintenance section will help us.
This method will help you free up enough internal Android memory in case it is full of hidden files.
Clearing the contents of the Download folder
Every Android phone has a download folder that stores everything you download from the Internet. Such a folder can sometimes take up a lot of space, because whenever we need to download any media or APK files, we just download them, install them, and then forget about them. Thus, a lot of files can accumulate in this folder, slowing down the work of our phone.
To clear Android memory of unnecessary files, do the following:
- Launch your file manager (a program for viewing the contents of the phone’s memory);
- Go to Internal storage and find the “Download” folder there;
The data stored in this folder is often hidden data that goes unnoticed.
- Find files belonging to applications that are not located. Usually, these applications were removed earlier, and the garbage files after it remained;
- Search for files that can be safely deleted;
- Search and display of duplicate files, one part of which can be safely deleted;
- Memory analysis. displays how your memory is broken, which folders (applications) take up the most space in it, and more.
Install the application and scan your phone with the tools. If necessary, delete unnecessary files from the memory of your gadget.
The analogs of this application are the popular “CCleaner”, “Super Clean”, “ES Disk Analyzer” and others.
Factory reset Android phone
The most effective (and radical) way to clear your phone’s memory of hidden files is to factory reset your device. Thanks to him, you can restore the state of your phone to baseline. Reset removes all user-installed applications, files, pictures, video documents, and other data collected while using the phone. Doing so does not remove the latest Android version and keep the latest updates. Before performing a reset, we recommend that you copy all important files from your phone to another medium in order to avoid losing them.
How to clear Android memory if it is clogged with invisible files
Every Android phone owner knows how important it is to have free memory on his device. It happens that we want to install a new application or shoot the desired video, and the phone gives a message that the place is packed to capacity. We rush to delete unnecessary files and applications, waste precious time, and the right moment has already been missed. Upon detailed study, it turns out that there are not so many applications installed on our phone, and it is not known where 8-16-32 gigabytes of gadget space have gone. Below we will analyze how to clear the memory of your Android phone if it is clogged with hidden and invisible files.
Clearing the browser cache
As you use the device, the cache is accumulated in Internet browsers. You can clear it in a couple of clicks (take Google Chrome as an example):
- open the desired browser and click on the ellipsis located at the top of the screen;
- in the section that opens, click on the “History” button;
- click “Clear history”;
- further in the section “Basic settings” put a checkmark in front of all the items (history, cache, cookie);
- it remains to adjust the “Time range”. You can clear the cache for the last 24 hours or completely. Click on the value “All the time”, then tap on the button “Delete data”.
Upon completion of the procedure, the browser cache will be cleared. In addition to the actions performed, you can clear information about the operation of the application, including saved logins and passwords. For this:
- click on the “Additional” button;
- put a checkmark in front of all the items;
- click on the blue button “Delete data”.
Attention! After clearing the cache in the browser, some pages will take a little longer to launch. This problem will disappear after the first boot.
Cleaning through apps
- run Clean Master (or any other similar utility);
- click on the “Start” button;
- check the boxes next to “Unnecessary cache”. The system will start scanning and identify files that can be deleted without affecting the device’s performance;
- click “Clean up trash”;
- in addition to these actions, you can expand the “Clear ” tab and select “Sketches”;
- press “Empty trash” again.
Garbage cleaning allows you not only to get rid of unnecessary cache, but also to keep all programs in an optimal state. As with the browser, some applications may take longer to turn on when first launched.
How to Wipe Cache Partition in SAMSUNG Galaxy A5 2017. Remove Cache Files
There are several ways to clear cache on Android Samsung. The options below apply to most Samsung Galaxy phones, including:
- J7 and newer;
- A51 and newer;
- S8 and newer.
How to Clear Cache on Android Samsung
Cache is a hidden section of memory on a smartphone that stores files that are later used by the OS and applications to quickly perform operations. Each program creates a cache upon installation, the volume of which increases with the use of the phone. One application (for example, a browser) can store a cache of 1 MB to 5-6 GB. This means that periodically the smartphone needs to be cleaned of unnecessary files. This article will show you how to clear the cache on your Samsung Galaxy tablet and phone.
The main share of the cache is collected in messengers, video hosting and other applications that we often use (for example, VK, Viber, etc.). Therefore, further on how to delete files manually:
- in the settings, open the “Application Manager”;
- select the required application;
- a page will open with information about how much memory the program takes up;
- then open “Memory” and click on the “Clear cache” button.
This was a selective cleaning method. If you need to delete the cache from all applications, you can also do it manually:
- in the phone settings, go to the item with optimization;
- at the bottom of the screen, click “Memory” (or “Storage”);
- click on the ellipsis in the upper right corner, then go to “Memory settings”;
- on the page that opens, find “Cached data” and clear it.
Clearing the cache will start, after which there will be a lot of free space on the phone.
Cleaning through recovery
If you decide to remove the cache due to any failures, then their reason may be in the unstable operation of the operating system. The most effective way is cleaning through recovery.
It should be noted that in this case, the cache will be cleared from all installed programs, including factory software and updates. Follow the procedure only if the other methods did not help.
- Turn off your phone.
- You will need to go to the recovery menu. To do this, hold down the Home key, as well as the volume up and power on buttons. The combination depends on the device model.
- Pressing the volume down button, find the “Wipe cache partition”. Then click on the power key to select it.
- Automatic cache clearing starts.
- Upon completion of the procedure, click on the inscription “Reboot system now” to reboot the device.
Note! We recommend that you clear the cache every time you update your operating system. This not only helps to get rid of unnecessary garbage, but also prevents the possibility of problems with the software.
Also in the recovery menu there is a “Wype data / Factory reset” button. By clicking on it, you can reset your DO phone to factory settings. At the same time, all games, programs and cache you installed will be deleted from memory. If the information contained in the phone is important to you, do not press this key and strictly follow the instructions described above.
If you need to clear the cache from 2-3 programs, then the easiest way is to do it manually in the phone settings. If you are going to clean up system files, we recommend that you follow these steps with extreme caution. Do not press unfamiliar buttons in the recovery menu, as this will lead to serious consequences (up to returning to the factory settings).
A typical smartphone with 4-8 GB of RAM gets clogged up pretty quickly. Cached files are permanently stored in the operating system memory. Without clearing, this data can fill the entire memory of the device, as a result of which there will be no resources left for the functioning of Android.
The frequency of cleaning depends on the number of applications and the specifications of the phone. It is best to clear the cache when the device memory is almost full.
Cleaning too often will have the opposite effect: the phone will have a lot of free memory, but temporary application files will be erased, which will lead to malfunctions, instability, and slow command execution.
Before clearing the cache, it is recommended to estimate the amount of free memory, and only then delete the data. if necessary.
Clearing the cache in Android OS for the system and applications: instruction
When the application is running, temporary files are generated that are used to perform system operations. These files are stored in the cache and should speed up the performance of applications. If there are too many such files, the smartphone starts to work slower, slows down.
The number of temporary files stored in the cache without affecting the performance of the phone depends on the total amount of RAM. In order for the phone to perform operations quickly and work stably, you need to regularly clear the cache. There are several ways to clear the cache on Android, which we will discuss below.
You can clear the cache on Android using standard tools. For this you need:
- Call up the settings menu;
- Scroll through the list, find “Storage”, click on it;
- Scroll down to the “Cache data” item;
- Click on it, a window will appear prompting you to clear the cache;
- Confirm the operation, wait for the system to delete all files.
In the storage, you can view information about how much memory is occupied and free. If there is enough free RAM, it is better not to clear the cache.
On Samsung Galaxy phones, you can clear the cache by going to Settings> Device Maintenance> Memory> and clicking the Optimize button.
This is a special application for improving the performance of the phone, deleting old and unnecessary files, cleaning the cache. To clear the cache:
- Download Clean Master from the link below, install it on your phone;
- Run the application, go to the “Trash” section;
- Clean Master will independently analyze and display all unnecessary things that interfere with the stable operation of the phone;
- Check the box “System cache” and confirm the deletion.
Clean Master. free app, but there is additional paid and ad content. The application has additional functions, for example, putting inactive applications to sleep. This option allows you to free up some memory for the productive work of the smartphone.
Initially, CCleaner was a program for cleaning the memory of computers, laptops. The developers have created a mobile version to work with the Android operating system. Cleaning up cached files is similar to Clean Master:
- Download and run the app.
- When you start it for the first time, click on the “Analyze” button; memory analysis of the device will start.
- In the menu, select the items “Hidden cache” and “Visible cache”.
- Click on the “Finish cleaning” button.
- Wait for the program to erase the cache.
CCleaner has paid features (the cost of an annual subscription is 12.49), but a free one is also suitable for removing system junk. basic. version.
Cache clearing methods
There are several ways to clear cached files. The Android operating system has a simple tool for deleting old data. In addition, GooglePlay offers special optimizer apps. They improve phone performance and clean up system junk.
Let’s take a closer look at all the methods for clearing the cache.
Advice. Before deleting files, be sure to close all running applications except cleaning applications or phone settings.
How often to clean?
The cache is constantly updated and clogs up the device’s RAM. If your smartphone has a lot of free space for use, then it is recommended to deep clean the cache when a new system update arrives. Thus, not only a new place for downloading applications appears, but also the operation of the software is optimized.
If you are an active user of social networks, then it is recommended to clear the cache once a month or more often. This is especially true of the Instagram application, where the cache is accumulated when viewing stories, feed and live broadcasts.
Using the engineering menu
The Engineering Menu is an optional feature on Samsung devices that allows the user to navigate to the Developer Menu. Using this method, you can clear the “not deleted”.
To open the required menu:
- Go to “Settings” and go down to the item “About device”.
- Double tap on the “Build” button.
- An engineering menu with additional functions will appear. Select the item “Delete cache from the internal memory of the device”.
- After finishing cleaning, return to the regular menu by re-assembling tap.
Deleting the cache folder manually
The bulk of the cache is accumulated in social networking applications (VK, Instagram. Twiter), messengers (Viber, Telegram) and video hosting (YouTube, TikTok).
In order to delete the folder with the cache of one program manually, follow the following algorithm:
- Go to “Settings” and open “Application Manager”.
- A list of downloaded applications with the amount of memory occupied will open. Select the add-on you need and click on it.
- In the window that appears, select the “Memory” item and click on the “Clear cache” item.
In order to delete the folder with the cache of all programs at once:
- Select in the “Settings” menu item “Optimization” or “Memory”.
- At the bottom of the window that opens, the storage data and the item “Memory settings” will be displayed, which you need to go to.
- Click on the link “Data caching” and re-confirm the action by clicking on “OK”.
- Wait until the end of cleaning, and optionally restart the device.
Clearing the cache via Recovery is effective when the device is unstable or due to certain system failures. It is necessary to clean the cache in this way when all other methods have turned out to be useless. Recovery cleans not only the browser and application cache, but also affects areas of factory software and updates. How does the cleaning procedure go:
- Turn off your device and go to the Recovery menu. To do this, simultaneously hold down the key combination that will display an additional menu on Samsung devices: the Home key, the volume and off button.
- After the menu appears, find the item “Wipe cache partition” by pressing the volume down key. Click on the power button to start automatically clearing the cache and other garbage.
- Wait until the end of the procedure and click “Reboot system now” to safely reboot the phone.
Clearing the cache through the settings is simple: go to the appropriate menu item and find “Storage”. Select the item “Cache” and click “Clear”. Before cleaning, you can uncheck the boxes next to programs whose cache you do not want to clear.
When clearing the cache is a must?
The cache needs to be cleared when applications are unstable or the Samsung device malfunctions. First, try cleaning all applications manually, then in the Clean Master application, optimize the memory and remove the remaining junk.
If the above procedure did not help, go to the Recovery menu and deep clean the system cache. Reboot the device, and if the failure still persists, then you need to reset the DO phone to factory settings. All applications and instant messengers will be removed, and the system will be optimized precisely. To do this, go to the Recovery menu and click “Wype data / Factory reset”.
There are many apps on Google Play to clean up junk, troubleshoot your Samsung device, and expand your storage range. It is recommended to refer to them to maintain the stable operation of the device. Take a look at Cache Cleaner and CCleaner. To date, they have proven themselves well as applications for effectively optimizing the device’s RAM.
Let’s consider the process of clearing the cache using the Clean Master utility as an example:
- Run the application and click on the “Start” button to start checking the smartphone.
- Check the boxes next to all the menu items, especially “Waste cache” and “Remaining files”. The system will identify and highlight files that can be deleted without harm to the operation of applications and the device as a whole.
- After the end of the scan, the system will return a result with the number of megabytes occupied by the cache. Click “Empty Trash”.
- You can use an additional tab: at the bottom of the same page, find the item “Clear more” and select “Sketches”.
- An additional cache from applications will be displayed, after which you need to delete it by clicking on “Clear trash”.
Web browser cache
When working with the Internet, a web browser cache accumulates on a smartphone, which, apart from gaming applications, takes up the largest amount of space in temporary storage. It is not difficult to get rid of it through the internal parameters of the program, which in most situations differ slightly from each other in design. As an example, we will take a look at the procedure in Google Chrome.
Note: You can clear the cache in several programs at once using the software named in the first method.
- Open your Internet browser, click on the menu icon located in the upper right corner, and select “History”. As a result, a list of all websites ever visited should open.
Now, at the top of the page, tap on the “Clear history” link to go to the parameters. To delete data in a charming manner, check the box “Cookies” and “Other files stored in the cache”.
Complete the setup using the Time Range menu and selecting the All Time value. Click on the “Delete data” button in the lower right corner of the window and wait for the procedure to complete.
In addition to general settings, you can go to the “Advanced” tab to get rid of all data about the browser, including saved passwords.
The main feature of the web browser cache is that after deleting websites that were once loaded into temporary storage, the speed of opening pages may take longer than usual. This is noticeable only in the case of a low connection speed and only at the first download.
Third Party Applications
The simplest and most effective method for clearing the cache on Samsung is to use special software that automatically finds and removes unnecessary files. These include Cache Cleaner, CCleaner, Clean Master and many more. We will demonstrate deleting the cache using just one application as an example, while others work in a similar way.
- After downloading and opening the program, wait until the procedure for scanning the device memory is completed. After that, use the “Clean up trash” button to delete all detected files that do not affect the performance of installed applications.
Additionally, expand the “Clear more” block and put a check mark in the “Gallery sketches” line. This will often free up a large amount of memory space, but it may take longer to process media files that are opened the first time after being cleaned.
Due to this method, you will not only delete the cache and other unnecessary files, freeing up space in the device’s memory, but also keep each installed application in a healthy state. Please note that some software may run slowly the first time it is started after clearing the cache.
To delete data on the operation of only some applications on a Samsung smartphone, you can use the individual control panel of each installed program. The procedure will be considered using the example of a new version of the proprietary shell, since the differences on other smartphones are minimized.
- In the “Settings” application, find and click on the “Applications” line. Here you need to select the program, the cache and data on the work of which you want to clear.
Decide on the choice, after which you will be redirected to the main page of the application. Use the item “Memory” and click on the button “Clear data” or “Clear cache”.
Note: If you need to save application settings, including accounts, you should only use clear cache.
Confirm the deletion of information in the window that appears and wait until the end of the procedure. After that, the information about the application will be cleared.
If you need to keep most of your installed apps intact, this is the only best option. But even so, do not forget about third-party tools, some of which work an order of magnitude better, especially with preinstalled programs.
Ways to clear cache on Samsung smartphone
On Samsung Android devices, each installed application automatically creates cache files that take up some space in the smartphone’s memory. Most often, this kind of data is not used by applications, but in total it requires a lot of space. In the course of this article, we will tell you about all the existing methods of how to clear the cache on Android Samsung Galaxy and other models of this company.
Any Android device, regardless of brand, provides a number of standard settings that allow you to delete data from the device’s memory. At the same time, if on most phones memory management occurs through the “Storage”, on Samsung the necessary functions are displayed in the “Optimization” section. As an example, we will consider only one newer version of the proprietary shell, when, on some models, the location and signatures of items may differ.
- In the list of applications, find and open “Settings”. Here you need to use the “Optimization” line and, regardless of the scanning procedure, tap on the “Memory” icon on the bottom panel.
This procedure will take some time, displaying the progress on the corresponding page. If successful, a message with the statistics of the deleted information will appear on the screen.
- Instead of deleting all files at once, you can limit yourself to the application cache. To do this, in the “Optimization” section, open the “Memory” page, expand the menu in the upper right corner and select “Memory settings”.
After waiting for the completion of the assessment of the occupied space, tap on the line “Cached data”. In the window that opens, confirm the deletion by clicking the “Clear” button.
This method can save a lot of time by deleting the activity data of each installed application, including web browsers. In many ways, the procedure is similar to using third-party software, but at the same time, some unnecessary files may be skipped.
In addition to the web browser cache, data on the operation of the standard Gallery application is stored in a separate folder on Samsung Android devices. The size of the directory directly depends on the number of graphic files on the device, but at the same time it can reach very large values. It is easy to delete such a cache using third-party applications from the first method or manually deleting the folder “.thumbnails”.
For cleaning it will be enough to go from the root directory to “Storage”, open the “DCIM” folder and delete the “.thumbnails”. By default, the directory is not displayed, which requires a file manager with support for hidden files. We talked about this in a separate article at the link provided above.
Clearing cache on Samsung
At the moment, on Android devices of the Samsung brand, cleaning can be done literally in the same ways as in the case of any other smartphone on this platform.