How to connect a computer to a monitor screen
In some cases, the built-in modes are not suitable for the user. In particular, he may need two separate desktops. It is impossible to realize this possibility with the help of a budget PC. To display different pictures, you need an additional video card. It is also possible to organize independent information flows. A special adapter will be an excellent assistant in this process. It can be used to connect 2 monitors and set 2 different work surfaces. Beforehand, you need to install the drivers. They can be supplied with the adapter. Or they can be downloaded from the official website of the device manufacturer.
How to set up 2 monitors Windows 7
- Go to the start menu.
- Open the “Display” tab.
- Select the item “Screen resolution settings”.
- A window with numbers 1 and 2 will appear. If one screen is dimmed, you need to click the “Find” button. If the equipment is working normally, the system will automatically configure it.
- Click WinP. A panel with settings will open, where you can select the display mode.
For laptops, a separate button in the F1-F12 row can be provided for working with an additional display. For different laptop models, the location of the button is purely individual. You need to navigate by the image on the key.
Using the button, you can enable the settings of the second monitor. At the same time, as in the case of a PC, the picture can be duplicated, displayed only on one device, or stretched across two displays.
How to connect two monitors to one computer if there is no second connector?
If there is no additional connector, you can use the USB port. This is a versatile slot that has enjoyed great popularity for over 15 years. It can be used to connect any device, including another display.
A USB cable is rarely found in screens. This is due to the low quality of the picture transmission. However, the USB cable solves the adapter problem. This is especially true when it comes to a laptop. An additional graphics card can be installed in the processor. This does not apply to a laptop or netbook. The laptop is by default equipped with a connector for connecting additional equipment. However, the second external device for displaying the image cannot be connected. Then you can use a USB cable to connect multiple monitors.
Another option is to use a splitter. This is the name of a special splitter. This method is inexpensive and versatile.
The splitter can be connected to any processor. The disadvantage of this method is the reduction in frequencies for both displays. The picture quality will decrease. This is especially noticeable when watching videos in Full HD format. Connecting a splitter is advisable for working with static images.
To connect a second monitor, you need a cable. It must match the connector. If the processor and the device for outputting the picture have different ports, you can use an adapter or pick up a cord with different plugs. This cable can have an HDMI connector at one end and a DisplayPort at the other.
If we talk about the choice of an additional device for displaying a picture, then it depends on the user. It is desirable that the devices are of the same model. If you cannot buy a similar device, then you should choose screens with the same diagonal and resolution. It will be much more convenient to work on such displays.
Disconnect both devices before connecting a second monitor to the computer. Many people neglect this rule, which is why they may be left without two devices at once. Connect the devices with a cable. Turn on all devices.
Configuring screens in Windows 10. Step-by-step instructions
After connecting the device, the operating system usually automatically recognizes the new hardware and configures it on its own. In some cases, manual configuration is required. For example, one device starts up normally, while the second has no signal. The reasons can be different. bad signal or lack of settings for the second Windows 10 monitor to work. To fix these problems, you need to go through several steps:
- After the operating system has loaded, go to the Start menu.
- Click on the “Options” button located above the Windows icon.
- In the window that opens, select the “System” button.
- Select the item “Screen”.
- At the bottom of the window that opens, find the “Multiple Screens” menu.
The dual monitor setup menu appears. Here you can select one of four display modes for picture and video. The first is “Duplicate These Screens”. One image is displayed on both machines. The second option is “Expand these screens”. The two devices will turn into a single display. Two more modes allow you to display a picture on the first or second display. Then confirm the action by clicking on the “Apply” button. Save changes.
These parameters are sufficient for working with two screens. However, PCs are not limited to these modes. Up to 9 options for the secondary display can be available. In some cases, you may need a third-party program that will expand the capabilities of the devices.
Setting up hardware in Mac OS X
First of all, you need to determine which cable you need. In the case of Apple products, there are two options. Thunderbolt plug and HDMI plug. The first entrance is a small rectangular slot. It is marked with a lightning bolt icon. Connecting two iMac displays using Thunderbolt is the easiest way. To connect two monitors from different manufacturers, the user will need an adapter. In addition, the display can be equipped with an HDMI connector. a slim hexagonal input. Next, you need to go through the following steps:
- Connect the devices with a cable. Please note that devices must be disabled.
- Switch on the auxiliary device. To do this, you need to press the power button. The OS will automatically configure the hardware. The display will show the desktop of your PC.
- Go to the Apple menu. It is denoted by the corporate logo of the company in the form of a bitten apple. It is located at the top left. A menu will appear.
- Select the item “System settings”. You will find it at the bottom of the menu that opens.
- Click the “Monitors” button.
- Click on the “Location” line. It is located at the top of the window that opens.
- A window will open. Here you can select the mode in which the two monitors will work. If you need to display the same picture on both devices, check the box next to the inscription “Enable video mirroring of monitors”. In order to stretch the image on two devices, you need to set this option.
The control panel can be moved to a second unit. To do this, use the mouse to drag the white rectangle with the settings to the second window. After that, you need to close the menu.
The second screen expands the graphics capabilities of the PC. You have a double work surface at your disposal, making everyday tasks easier and more convenient. Before connecting a second monitor, you need to make sure that your PC supports this function. For this, the video card must have two inputs. They are located on the back bottom of the processor. Please note that the connectors must be horizontal. The processor also has similar vertical ports built into it. These are the slots on the motherboard. They are not suitable for connecting additional video equipment.
If the second connector is missing, you need to install another video card. This is the most expensive and most productive option.
Dual Monitor Applications
The developers offer several programs to facilitate the use of displays and expand their functions:
- The peculiarity of this service is that it remembers the user’s behavior and adjusts the equipment properly on subsequent starts.
- MultiMonitor Taskbar. This service adds windows with settings for each individual device, unlike Windows, which provides only one window for working with equipment.
- The program is suitable for connecting a second monitor to the integrated video card from ATI. It should be borne in mind that this program works with displays that have the same resolution.
How & Where to Connect Your Monitors
Whichever program you choose, working with the equipment will become much more convenient.
As for the choice of the second monitor. it’s up to you personally. From an aesthetic point of view, it is highly desirable that they be the same model. If it doesn’t work out, then at least they should have the same diagonal. It will be much more convenient to work with such a bundle.
So, we turn on both monitors. You can also configure support for two displays using the built-in tools of the operating system. To do this, we go to the monitor settings (right click on the free area of the “Desktop”. “Properties”). We turn on both monitors. For basic features, for example, transferring a window from one monitor to another, the built-in operating system tools are enough, but very soon you may not have enough of them, and then you will need to use third-party programs.
How to connect two monitors to a computer?
How to Connect a Second Monitor to Your Laptop
Two 22-inch monitors have a much larger working surface area than, for example, a single 24-inch monitor, while the bundle of two such monitors itself costs the same as one 24-inch. It is clear which option you need to choose if you need maximum space.
Dual Monitor Applications
There are a sufficient number of the latter. Starting from built-in tools in video card and monitor drivers to third-party applications. Convenient is the DualHead program, which remembers the user’s behavior when working with two monitors and adjusts accordingly. If you have an ATI graphics card, you can use the Hydravision software. She, by the way, has a small limitation. monitors must work at the same resolution.
Windows built-in tools have some drawbacks, which can also be solved by installing the MultiMonitor Taskbar program. For example, Windows adds the taskbar to the primary monitor only. But the specified program is for each of them, while the application window, which is located on the left monitor, will be displayed in its taskbar. This is actually much more convenient, and it is not clear why such a feature was not included in the OS.
In any case, whatever program you choose for your monitors, working with them will be much more convenient than with one, while not much more expensive.
If you are in doubt about what HDMI or DVI outputs look like, we recommend that you read the review below.
How to connect a laptop to a TV
We connect the laptop to the TV via HDMI cable.
- Connect the cable to the HDMI output of your laptop.
- Insert the other end of the cable into the HDMI input of your TV.
- On the remote control of your TV, press the button responsible for selecting the source of the displayed signal.
Modern flat panel TVs, like computers, are digital devices. Via HDMI, it became possible to transmit high quality video files simultaneously with audio transmission.
High-Definition Multimedia Interface or abbreviated. HDMI, in translation: high definition multimedia interface. Most video cards provide the ability to connect a computer to a TV via HDMI.
How to connect HDMI to TV
Shutdown. We turn off both devices so as not to burn the ports. We connect the computer (laptop) to the TV using an HDMI cable. Plug one end of the cord into the HDMI out of your computer and the other end of the cord into the HDMI in of your TV. To avoid degradation of the picture and sound quality, do not connect the DVI-out (via an adapter) of the computer to the TV HDMI-in, and vice versa. The connectors must be the same.
Loading. The cable is inserted. Turn on your TV and computer. Windows will boot on the connected computer. It will become clear that the TV is connected to an external source by slight flashes of the screen. Do not forget to put the TV in AVI mode, it receives signals from an external source (connected computer), and not from an antenna. In AVI source mode, select the appropriate HDMI input of the TV.
Customization. Adjust the picture to connect your laptop or computer to the TV. On the computer desktop, open the context menu with the right mouse button.
In Windows XP, select Properties, click the Options button. Click the “Advanced” button, select the appropriate value. The TV screen displays the desktop of your computer.
With Windows 7 and Windows 8 installed on the computer, right-click on an empty space, select “Screen Resolution”. Find the line “Screen” and choose the appropriate option. The connected TV is not automatically detected? In the same window, click the “Find” button.
Wait for the TV search to finish. Set the maximum scanning resolution of the screen by selecting “monitor” and “frequent screen refresh” in the tab.
At the top in the “Screen Settings” we determine which screen we have the main (1st) and additional (2nd).
You must click “Define”. You will see the number “1” on the TV screen, the number “2” on the computer / laptop screen. To remedy the situation, in the “Screen Resolution” window, click on the screen “2”. Check the “Make the main monitor” checkbox and click the “Ok” button.
If necessary, in the properties of the video card, adjust the resolution of the desktop size, color correction.
Reboot. Reboot your computer. Changes to settings will happen automatically.
Is it possible to connect a smartphone to a computer monitor
Since smartphones are full-fledged multimedia devices, many interesting features can be found in them. In particular, every modern smartphone can be connected to a PC monitor. In order to make sure that this is possible, you need to examine the connectors on the screen and on the phone. Of course, if we are talking about old devices that are more than 10 years old, then you don’t even need to try. It’s impossible. However, with modern devices, the situation is somewhat different. Usually, in order to perform such an operation, an HDMI or USB connector is required, but in the second case, desynchronization often occurs.
And you may also need additional programs, but this is not always necessary. Before starting the connection, it is recommended to study the instructions. Usually in it you can find quite complete information on this issue.
How to connect a phone to a monitor
Connecting a telephone to a monitor is becoming more and more popular. Since many people are accustomed to watching movies, various programs and series in comfort, they need a large monitor. It should be such that you don’t have to strain your eyes while watching. Otherwise, the monitor will not be useful.
Today there are many ways to pair a monitor with a phone. You don’t need to be a programmer or system administrator to do this. Even someone who is far from technology can master each method. The manufacturers of smartphones and computers have taken care in advance that this task does not cause any serious difficulties to anyone.
So, which methods can be called the most effective and what should be done to cope with the task of connecting as soon as possible? What tools or software might I need to connect my phone to a monitor? Do you need any special knowledge?
Several ways to connect a smartphone to a monitor
Despite the fact that many portable devices boast very large displays, this is not enough for many users. That’s why you have to deal with a complex connection to the monitor. Most often, a cable is used for this. It can be either a USB cable or an HDMI cable. In order to master one of the listed methods, you do not need to buy any additional technical equipment or paid software.
After the adapter is purchased, you need to do the following:
- Connect the cable to the computer screen or to the TV, and then to the smartphone or tablet with the other end.
- It is necessary to make sure that the wire does not bend anywhere. Otherwise, interference may occur. This interference can lead to a variety of problems that ultimately prevent you from watching a movie or TV series.
Another common problem is incorrect wire connection. Some users do not fully insert it into the connector. As a result, the cable may be functional, but the image still does not appear on the screen. How can you be sure everything is fine? To do this, you need to look at the smartphone screen. If no notifications have appeared on it, signaling the connection of a new device, then this means that it does not see anything new. In this case, you will have to disconnect the cable, and then insert it into the connector on the monitor again. This must be done abruptly, but without fanaticism, otherwise you can disable the connector.
over, some manufacturers of various technical equipment are even engaged in the release of software that makes it much easier to connect several devices. We are talking about companies that produce monitors. On their sites you can find a lot of programs that facilitate the implementation of certain functions. And also such software will allow you to adjust the image transmission so that the picture quality always remains at its best.
There are a huge number of paid and free applications with which you can broadcast images and videos from a smartphone to a PC monitor. An illustrative example of MyPhoneExplorer Client. This program is constantly being updated, so its functionality becomes wider and wider over time.
MyPhoneExplorer Client allows you to transfer images using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. It should be understood that in this way it will not be possible to transmit an image in very high quality. Here we are talking only about short videos with medium image quality. This is especially true in the case of Bluetooth. It is recommended that if possible, use a wired connection. Then no problems will definitely arise.
And it is also worth noting software such as Vysor. It will allow you to control your smartphone and computer from a distance. Everything that will be shown on the smartphone screen will be displayed on the monitor. This is a very convenient way to save a lot of time. In order to use the application, you need to download a browser plugin. After that, you need to connect your smartphone using a cable. When this is done, it is possible to control the monitors from both a computer and a smartphone. If you cannot do this, you should study the instructions for the program. In this case, no problems will arise. However, in the future, using smartphones, it will be possible to control several screens at once. It will be very useful for moviegoers and fans of TV series or TV programs.
Pros and cons of connecting a phone to a monitor
As with any business, the different ways of connecting your phone to a computer screen have both advantages and disadvantages.
- Everyone can cope with the solution of the problem (connecting the phone), but this can take a very long time. This is the main drawback. Unfortunately, some people are very poorly versed in computer technology, so they have to explain everything on their fingers. In particular, problems arise even at the stage of finding a suitable wire. Sometimes the wire is old enough, so it only works at a certain bend.
- Another disadvantage of connecting a phone to a monitor is the frequent appearance of various artifacts on the screen. They can appear so often that it becomes more and more difficult to use the screen. It is quite natural that it is almost impossible to get at least a bit of pleasure from watching a movie or TV series with artifacts on the screen. over, artifacts may appear for unknown reasons. Even professional craftsmen give up when it comes to finding the best ways to solve a problem. Not surprisingly, many people do not even seek professional help, knowing that it can be very difficult to help in such a situation.
- Sometimes the image on the screen is so poor quality that it becomes impossible to watch movies. This happens due to the fact that video files are downloaded to mobile devices with a relatively low resolution. You can comfortably watch such video files on a small screen, however, pixel views appear on a large display. As a result, the quality of the film drops so much that many abandon the idea of watching a movie on the big screen.
- Another disadvantage is the need to buy wires. Sometimes they cost a lot, so it’s cheaper to go to the cinema and watch your favorite movie there.
- Connecting a phone to a monitor is also not easy for technical reasons. For example, a connector on an old monitor can get clogged with debris. Then the user is unlikely to be able to do at least something to establish contact between the two devices.
However, this method of connection also has quite significant advantages.
- In particular, if a movie or other video file is downloaded with HD resolution, then it is possible to watch it both on a small smartphone screen and on a large TV. This is very important for those who care about their own vision. Eye strain will be significantly less.
- Another advantage is the ease of connection when it comes to new devices. Modern monitors and smartphones have everything you need for comfortable viewing. The user does not have to rack his brains and look for ways to transfer an image from one device to another.
- High image quality. If we are talking about a high-quality video file, then even the most advanced smartphone cannot be compared with a modern monitor. Only when viewed on a large screen, the user will be able to appreciate the beauty of the “picture”. This is high contrast, outstanding color rendering, and other advantages that are not even mentioned in small devices.
- Special attention should be paid to monitors with support for 4K technology or three-dimensional images. In this case, the user will be able to enjoy new effects, allowing you to immerse yourself in what is happening on the screen. For the sake of such dignity, many moviegoers are ready for anything.