How to connect a VCR to a Samsung TV
Instructions for connecting a VCR to a TV
The VCR is a real rarity. Almost no one uses this technique. Therefore, modern models from LG, Samsung, Philips and other manufacturers are not equipped with special interfaces for connecting a VCR to a TV.
Fans of vintage technology continue to use it with great pleasure. Therefore, the issue of synchronizing VCRs with modern TVs is still relevant. It is quite possible to do this. The main thing is to choose the right type of connection.
Now let’s figure out how to connect a Philips or any other brand VCR to popular TV models. There is nothing complicated about it. Each user will cope with the task. No special skills or equipment required.
The RCA connector is called a “tulip” by many users. The cable has three plugs in different colors: red, yellow and white. Some modern TV models are equipped with this interface.
How to properly connect the VCR and TV? Follow the step by step instructions:
- Take the yellow VCR cable and plug it into the Video Out jack on the VCR. Connect the other end of the cord to TV, namely to Video 1 or Video IN.
- So that users do not get confused in the wiring diagram, many equipment manufacturers make a colored interface shell. Therefore, insert the yellow plug into the yellow connector.
- Connect the white and red plugs in a similar manner to the connectors of the corresponding color. These plugs are responsible for the transmission of Audio.
- Plug the video recorder into a power outlet. Then click on the “Start” or “Start” button. Name may vary depending on device model.
- Take your remote control and turn on your TV. Activate the appropriate operating mode. It can be Video 1, Input 1 or AV.
If you did everything correctly, then the image from the video recorder will be broadcast on the TV screen.
The instructions should tell you how to connect your VCR to your TV. Hardware installation takes a minimum of time. It is necessary to connect the connectors with a special cable. However, users have many questions. Not everyone understands the names of interfaces and their purpose.
There are several ways to connect a VCR to a TV:
- coaxial cable;
- RCA cord;
- SCART wire.
Each of these options has advantages and disadvantages. The final choice must be made in accordance with the interfaces that your TV is equipped with. For example, some modern models have a RCA connector, while others for SCART.
It is possible that you will not find the required interfaces. This applies to new products on the TV market. In this case, you have to purchase an adapter.
Now let’s take a closer look at each of the options presented above. We will compose step-by-step instructions for setting up a correct connection.
The SCART interface is the optimal solution. Using this cable will give you the best picture quality. If this connector is not available, use a special adapter, the plug of which is inserted into the USB or RCA input.
How to connect a VCR to an old TV? As simple as possible. New TVs are not equipped with this interface, so you will have to spend time looking for an adapter. Plus there may be compatibility issues.
If an RCA adapter is used, a two-plug (cinch) cable will be used. The RF / ANT In connector is used to connect the antenna cable. Therefore, you can watch your favorite TV shows, programs and films without any problems.
Algorithm for connecting plasma TVs to a Videoc is about the same. The difference lies in the connectors to be connected and the types of cable. Be as careful as possible. Sometimes connection problems appear due to the fact that the user has connected the wrong connectors.
Via coaxial cable
To connect a video recorder to a TV using a coaxial (antenna) cable, follow the simple step-by-step instructions:
- Plug the cable into the RF / COAX Out connector.
- Connect the other plug of the wire to the TV. RF / COAX In.
- Turn on the video, insert the cassette into it and press Play.
- Search for the frequency with the channel search where the picture and sound from the VCR will appear. Set the channel number through which the recording will be played.
- Enjoy watching.
Connecting to a TV via DLNA
This type of connection consists in the fact that on a computer or laptop that is part of the home network, access is organized to certain folders where you place multimedia files. photos and videos. Only your TV can play them with its built-in player. A prerequisite for this is that the TV supports DLNA technology. a set of standards that allow devices connected to a home network to transmit and receive over various media content.
This can be done both from an Android smartphone and tablet, as well as from a TV (playback functions only). The question also arises of how to synchronize a laptop with a TV via WI-FI. In general, everything happens automatically.
The main task is to organize a shared folder on a laptop. To do this, you need to make it available to other devices on your home network, and also assign permanent IP addresses in the router for gadgets connected to the network. This is necessary so that the TV does not have to scan the network every time in search of this folder.
To do this, on the laptop’s hard drive, create a shared folder named in English, for example, MediaTV. Go to the “Access” tab in its properties. Then click “Advanced settings”, put a check mark next to the phrase “Open public access” and confirm the action by clicking “OK”.
If your TV with Smart TV is an old model and its system does not allow you to connect to devices on Windows OS, namely, the TV simply does not see the shared folder with files, there is another option to organize the broadcast of media content on its screen. But first you need to make sure that your TV is visible on your home network.
To do this, click on the “Network” icon in the Explorer on the left. After that, the devices available on the network will be displayed in the right pane. Now select a video file in MP4 format in any folder, right-click on it and select “Transfer to device” in the context menu, in our case to Samsung.
This will launch the Windows media server, displaying a list of files being transferred to the TV. Don’t miss the request on the TV itself to play a file from an external source.
Connecting to a TV via Wi-Fi Direct
This feature works well on modern TVs from the 5th generation, where manufacturers have already implemented unified wireless direct drivers. This is the so-called. connecting a second wireless monitor, where the TV acts as an external display device for everything that happens on the screen of your mobile device, such as a laptop or smartphone.
In the first case, you need to have Windows 7, 8 or 10. A home network is not required with this connection, and authentication and connection is carried out through a connection request on the TV screen itself.
Such a connection is convenient because you can see on the big screen everything that is done on the screen of your PC or laptop, including working in the browser, viewing photos or videos, as well as the process of playing. The only drawback here is a slight delay in displaying content on TV and slightly fewer colors than on a PC display.
Now on your Windows 10 laptop go to Start | Parameters | System | Display ”and on the right side under“ Multiple displays ”click on“ Connect to a wireless display ”. A vertical shutter with the “connect” menu and a list of detected devices will appear on the right side. In our case, this is Samsung 6 series (49). Click on the selected model, then on the TV itself, agree to the connection request. It should be noted that the connection may not occur on the first or even on the second attempt, since the computer needs time to transmit the TV signal encryption keys. But after the TV is connected to the laptop via WI-FI, you can broadcast the video even from another room.
In order to disable the transmission of the wireless video signal to the TV, click on “Connect to wireless display” again and click on the “Disconnect” button in the right curtain of the menu.
What you need to connect a laptop to TV via Wi-Fi
Many people ask the question: how to connect a laptop to a TV via WI-FI? The main condition for the possibility of such a connection is the presence in the TV itself of Smart TV technology and a Wi-Fi module with support for Wi-Fi Direct and DLNA functions. The first allows you to connect a laptop to a TV directly, without using a home network and a router. However, not all TVs (especially older models) can be connected to laptops in this way. The second technology. DLNA, makes it possible to go from the TV itself to the network storage (for example, a folder on the hard drive of a PC connected to a home network) and start playing multimedia content from it. viewing a photo or video. You can also launch a media server from the laptop itself with broadcast to the TV.
The difference between these two connection methods is quite significant and below we will tell you what is the difference and how to organize such connections and how to connect a laptop to a TV via WI-FI.
How to connect a laptop to a TV via Wi-Fi
Connecting a laptop to a TV via Wi-Fi wirelessly is a cherished dream of all online movie theater lovers and gamers. We will tell you how to do it quickly and without complicated settings.
Oddly enough, but not many people know that you can connect a laptop to a TV without wires in just a couple of mouse clicks. This will allow you to sit on the couch and broadcast your vacation photos or video to the big screen. You can also play your favorite games using not a small laptop display, but display the picture on a device with a huge diagonal. However, in the latter case, Honor says that the picture will be broadcast to the TV with a slight delay. When watching movies and photos, you will not notice this. Below we will give step-by-step instructions on how to connect a laptop to a TV via WI-FI.
Connecting using Wi-Fi adapters
If you failed to connect the laptop to the TV via Wi-Fi, but this method remains preferable for you, as compared with the HDMI connection, you can try to connect the laptop to the TV using an intermediary. a TV set-top box on Android or a Wi-Fi dongle. for example Google Chromecast. In this case, you just need to connect to the Wi-Fi network organized by this adapter and broadcast the signal to it.
However, such an extravagant solution will be justified if cable connection is almost impossible, such as for a video projector suspended from the ceiling. It is much cheaper and more reliable to use an HDMI connection and connect the laptop to the TV through the appropriate cable.
How to connect a VCR to a TV
How not to knock down the antenna when connecting a VCR
Digital television broadcasting is also possible via coaxial cable in an apartment or private house. They come from a satellite dish or a common wire at the entrance of a high-rise building. And so that you do not have to pull out the antenna and insert the cable from the VCR, you can do the following:
- Buy or supply a set-top box that will act as an adapter.
- Purchase two sets of RCA cables and one coaxial.
- Connect the Cable Out ports on the set-top box to RF In on the video equipment with a coaxial cable.
- Connect one tulip to the ports on the set-top box Audio Out and Video Out and to the inputs on the video device Video In, Audio In.
- Include the second set of tulips in the VCR and TV (Video In or 1).
- Switch on the equipment and check its performance.
Such a parallel connection will allow you to quickly switch between the video camera and the antenna signal, but will significantly reduce the quality of the broadcast. A modern solution is to connect digital television and additional equipment separately using different wires.
Why use a VCR
The appearance of the first videotapes made a splash in the world of cinematography. It became available for viewing foreign films, recording classic and already legendary films. And also users learned to record their favorite TV shows on cassettes.
Camcorders were also cassette. All significant events were filmed on them: birthdays, anniversaries, awards, weddings, graduations. over, the quality of the recording was at a good level at that time. As a result, many have 1-2 videotapes with very valuable recordings in their closets. And what to do with them:
- You can digitize the recording and convert it to DVD format. Finding salons where they are still doing this is quite difficult, but possible. At the same time, the limiting quality according to the new standards will be 720x576px.
- Get out a working VCR and just enjoy watching a movie.
For the second option, you will need to understand how to connect a VCR to a TV.
A more modern way to connect video equipment and TV. This is an alternative to RCA ports. over, through SCART, you can achieve the transmission of video and sound without loss of quality. But such a port may not be in new TVs, then an adapter will be required.
There are no difficulties with such a connection: one end of the wire is inserted into an appropriate-sized connector on a vintage technique, the other on a TV. After that, both devices turn on. And the AV signal source is in the TV menu.
Common methods of connecting technology
Detailed instructions on how to connect the video recorder to the TV are in the operating instructions for the equipment. But since the technique is quite old, many users may have lost this document.
The connection is carried out sequentially, as in any technique, but there are no modern options such as USB, HDMI. And only the following connectors are presented:
- For coaxial cable;
- RCA connector;
- SCART input.
Let’s take a closer look at each option for connecting equipment. And we will consider options for what to do with connecting a VCR to a modern connection.
Classic RCA connection
RCA cable or tulips. the classic version of connecting vintage equipment. In the modern version of the equipment, such connectors are also presented, but they are rarely used. New “flat” TVs often lack tulip inputs. Therefore, you will have to choose a different connection method or buy an adapter.
You can connect the video to TV through tulips (RCA) like this:
- The yellow connector plugs one end into the Video OUT port on the VCR itself, the other into Video 1 or 2 on the TV panel. Usually the connectors are the same color as the plugs for easy connection.
- White and red connectors must be put in audio inputs. these are cables for audio signals.
- Turn on the radio tape recorder to the network and through the Play button. Turn on TV.
- Find the broadcast source. AV in the TV menu and switch to it.
- When connected correctly, the video player menu will be displayed.
HOW TO CONNECT VCR TO SMART TV (easy)
In some versions of the TV, there may be not three inputs, but as many as 9. This is done for the layout by color channels. In this version, you need to focus on the colors of the tulip and on the designations on the TV panel OUT-IN.
Tulips are the easiest way to connect your VCR to your old TV. But in terms of image transmission quality, this option is the weakest. RCA cable may degrade video and sound quality.
Coaxial cable application
Coaxial or antenna cables are suitable for most modern TVs. To connect a video recorder through it, just follow a simple instruction:
- Put the cable into the video connector marked RF / COAX Out.
- Connect the other end of the wire to the TV in the RF / COAX In connector.
- Turn on the technique. Press the Play key on the VCR.
- Start channel search using the TV remote control. When the frequency of the video is found, store it under a specific channel number. Through it it will be possible to turn on the tape recorder again without a new connection.
- Watch the selected videotape.
The only difference from the previous methods is that you need to find the channel on which the video from the tape recorder is shown, connected via the antenna wire. At the same time, the rest of the TV programs, if they are broadcast via a digital signal via an HDMI wire, will not get lost. But you will have to switch from HDMI to TV or another signal source, where the VCR will be caught.
You need to start the channel search on the TV, and not on the digital set-top box. If you have this additional equipment connected, remove the remote control from it during setup so as not to get confused in the settings.
Smart View App
To connect to the TV from any Android and iOS device, the developers provided the above option for other models as an application. Consider a more detailed instruction on how to connect your phone to a Samsung TV:
- TV and mobile must be on the same Wi-Fi.
- Download the Smart View application from the Play Market or AppStore and launch it on your phone.
- Nearby TVs will appear in the software menu. Select your device and click “Connect”.
It is noteworthy that the option works adequately with iPhone 7, 8 and older versions.
In addition to the screen mirroring function, you can:
- Control Smart-TV with a smartphone instead of a remote control.
- Use touch dialer as an analogue of a gamepad.
- Turn off TV or put it on standby (sleep).
While the previous options are based on Wi-Fi Direct (pairing two devices using one router), Miracast allows you to pair two devices directly, regardless of the network from which they receive Internet.
The only condition is that both gadgets must support Miracast technology. To sync:
- Activate Mirakast on your TV device.
- In the gadget on Android, lower the curtain, enable the corresponding option.
- In the new screen, click “Start”.
- After detecting the gadget and pairing with it, a stable connection will be established.
There will be a delay. it is especially noticeable during dynamic scenes of a movie or game. It is difficult to achieve perfect synchronization wirelessly, especially in high definition. If you need a stable, high-quality picture without gaps, connect the TV to your Android device via a cable.
Technology for mirroring the screen of a Samsung master to a slave. This option is available on many smartphones. For example: Galaxy S8, A5, Samsung Galaxy Tab, etc. TV series: F, J, K, M. support this option. To connect:
- Turn on Smart TV.
- Press the “Sources” button on the remote control and select “Screen Mirroring”.
- Do the same on your smartphone. Expand the notification shade completely and activate the option.
- Select your TV in the found devices.
In later firmware versions, the desired function may be called: “Smart View”. If the device does not detect additional devices, check that:
- TV was connected to Wi-Fi, internet and was in pairing mode.
- The mobile was in the same WI-FI network.
- The router worked fine and the devices were in good coverage.
How to Connect Samsung Phone to Samsung TV: 5 Actionable Ways from Hamster
You can display information on a Samsung TV from a variety of sources. The smartphone was no exception. The article discusses the issue of connecting a phone to a Samsung TV.
There is a special accessory that allows you to connect Samsung Galaxy phones (j5, j7, a7 or other line) with any TV. The accessory is called: “Dex-station”. Works in two variations:
- The smartphone duplicates the image on the screen with a large diagonal.
- The smartphone is used as a mini PC, and the “Dex” shell appears on the screen.
This accessory connects to any TV via HDMI cable. It is a hybrid phone docking station combined with TV-Box functions for large displays.
- Use an HDMI cable to connect the station to the TV.
- Place the phone on the stand by connecting it to the MicroUSB port.
- On TV, select this station as the source.
- On an Android device, specify the type of displayed information. “Duplication”.
YouTube allows you to duplicate the playback of videos on the TV screen. For this:
- Open the YouTube app on your smartphone. Click on your account icon and go to “Settings”. Click View on TV.
- Connect both gadgets to the same Wi-Fi network. If the mobile does not see Smart-TV, do manual pairing by clicking “Connect manually”.
- On TV in a similar application, ask for the code. Enter this code on your smartphone and click “OK”. Two devices will make a stable connection.
If both devices are ready to connect, a corresponding icon will appear in the application.
MHL to HDMI adapter
If both devices support MHL technology, they can be connected using an MHL to HDMI adapter. In this case, the devices can be of any company, not just Samsung. The adapter can also be called HDTV.
- Plug the adapter into the Micro-USB port of your phone.
- Use a quality HDMI male-to-male cable to connect the adapter to the TV.
- Connect power using a detachable Micro-USB cable. You can connect to the 220 network, you can also connect to a portable battery.
- Turn on the TV and select the playback source. via the desired HDMI port.
Slimport was offered to users of smart devices by Analogix, based on the development of DisplayPort.
This standard works on an almost identical principle to the well-known MHL: support for 7.1 multichannel sound, UltraHD and 4K playback. DisplayPort or HDMI is used to connect to external image sources, USB microslot on the user’s gadget.
Important: direct connection of a mobile phone to the TV screen is not possible in all cases, so the user is advised to stock up on an additional adapter.
- Lack of external power supply.
- USB host capability: connecting additional devices to the adapter.
- free of any patent fees unlike HDMI.
Chromecast is a development from Google that allows you to display an image on a TV screen from a mobile gadget, for example, from Samsung Galaxy J5 2016.
- connect the phone to the HDMI connector located on the TV;
- provide power supply through the network or USB port;
- install the appropriate extension on the phone;
- specify the code (it will appear on the screen after installing the extension);
- allow network access.
The advantages of using a Chromecast service are to increase the speed of interaction with the host of smart TVs.
DLANA is a technology for exchanging media data (between devices supporting this technology), provided that the interacting devices are united by a network connection.
Attention! To owners of smartphones released by LG, DLNA is known as “Smart SHARE”. Samsung calls this technology AllShare, and SONY calls this shell VAIO Media Server.
How to synchronize a DLNA service with a smartphone (for example, HTC):
You need to make sure that all devices have an Internet signal Launch “Gallery” Select any of the available files Press “more” Select a player corresponding to the brand or specific model of the TV.
After the actions performed by the user, the selected photo will appear on the TV display automatically. This applies to any files stored in the smartphone gallery.
Note: if the task failed, then the user will need to download a shell that is compatible with the brand of the device. As a rule, the name of the shell is identical to the additional software.
How to connect your phone to your TV: 10 ways
Do you want to show photos or video footage from your smartphone to friends and family, but do not want to huddle in front of the small screen of your mobile phone? Connect your Smart device to your TV and enjoy a high-quality picture on a large display. How to do this. read the article. We looked at 10 popular ways to connect a mobile phone to a TV screen.
Some methods are suitable for android gadgets, some for iPhones. Read on to find the one that suits you best. The article describes both connection methods that involve the use of cables and USB wires, and wireless options.
Development-based Wi-Fi Direct Miracast is a great option for connecting Smart devices to a TV monitor wirelessly.
- Wireless connection: if the TV does not have a Wi-Fi receiver, it is possible to use a separate adapter by connecting it via the HDMI port.
- The threshold for video resolution is 1920×1200: if the quality of the transmitted image is higher, the system will “adjust” it to its own standard.
- Dolby AC3 sound quality. for 5.1 multi-channel playback.
Bosch was not without its drawbacks: not every gadget supports miracast connections, besides, this standard does not have compatibility with 4K quality, while “smart” mobile phones are able to make such images.
If the smartphone or TV does not have an HDMI connector, the user can synchronize devices using the MiniDisplay-Port adapter.
Important: the adapter must be selected corresponding, for example, MiniDisplay-Port to HDMI.
In fact, it is an interface standard for outputting signals to monitors, known to the user as Display-Port. The prefix “mini” says that this is a miniature copy of it, which allows you to use the appropriate connector for mobile gadgets.
MHL 3.0 (for 4K)
Adapters (as an option, DIGITUS MHL 3.0) have become available to users since 2013, expanding the horizons of smartphone owners:
- 4K 30Hz image transmission.
- High quality audio. Dolby TrueHD. for 7.1 and DTS-HD.
- Battery charging up to 10W.
Interesting: the first gadgets to support the 3.0 standard were the technology produced by Sony: the Sony Xperia Z2 smartphone and the tablet PC of the same series.
Lightning Digital AV Adapter
Two devices in one. as, for example, the Lightning Digital AV Adapter (adapter with cable). will suit the owners of Apple phones. This adapter allows you to synchronize your iPhone or iPad with almost any device that has an HDMI input: connect your mobile phone or tablet to the projector, as well as a monitor and TV. any device will be able to simultaneously broadcast everything that is happening on the user’s smartphone to an external source.
Watching videos, slideshows, surfing the web. these processes will not be limited by the size of the device display.
MicroHDMI is one of three high definition multimedia interfaces. This “wire” facilitates the task of connecting smartphones to an external display (or TV), which allows you to display an image on it.
- USB microformat remains “free”: some smartphones have “embedded” HDMI-input in “micro” format.
- No additional “recharge” is needed.
- Fully compatible with classic HDMI type.
- Easy to connect: the user can use several connection methods using a combination cable (classic “full Size” “micro”) or a normal full-size HDMI adapter suitable for him. In the case of a mini-format HDMI cable, the option with an adapter is also relevant.