How to connect an antenna to your LG TV
This option will take longer. over, from the conductor from which the connection to the Internet is supplied, it is possible to connect to only one device. If you have a laptop or computer, then you will have to choose one device on which the Internet will be stable. If you connect a TV via a cable, you will have to make an access point out of it.
If you still chose this method, then the connection instructions are as follows:
- The LAN wire connects to the router on one side and to the TV on the other.
- After that, a connection notification window will appear on the screen.
- Go to the settings in the “Network” section and select “Wired Ethernet connection”.
- Now your device goes online.
Wireless connection if the TV does not have a WI-FI module
If your device does not have a built-in module, then buy a special adapter. It costs about 2,000 rubles. You need to buy an adapter suitable for your model.
To set up a network connection on your LG device, you need to:
- Turn on the router that distributes the Internet.
- Connect the WI-FI adapter to the back of the TV.
- A connection notification window will appear on the TV screen.
- Go to the settings in the “Network”. “Wireless connection”.
- As in the first method, find the name of your network and connect to it.
Internet connection methods
There are several ways to connect the TV to the network, for example, via a Wi-Fi router, using a special adapter or via a cable. Each method has its own advantages and disadvantages. Let’s consider each of them in detail.
You can also watch the video for instructions for the most popular TV brands:
How to connect Wi-Fi on LG TV: 3 ways, instructions
Greetings to our regular readers and visitors of the portal! In the age of high technologies, human life becomes more comfortable with each new invention. Electronics manufacturers are increasingly coming up with smart features and integrating them into devices. One of the well-known and popular options is Smart TV. Let’s figure out what Smart TV is and how to connect an LG TV to the Internet. Go!
Tips & Tricks
- The Internet must provide a speed of 50 Mbps / sec for high quality network operation, watching movies in high definition and just for quick transition from one page to another.
- The LAN cable method is less reliable and convenient. On devices, the port for this connection is often intended for other purposes.
- If you wanted to work in a browser, then using the remote control for typing is not very convenient. You will be helped by a wireless keyboard and mouse that can be connected via a USB port.
If anyone needs it, the video provides instructions on how to connect to the LG Internet with webOS:
Smart TV is the integration of the Internet into a device such as a TV. With this function, you have ample opportunities to use various resources. For example, watching movies, surfing the Internet, accessing social networks, applications and much more.
So, what is needed to connect our LG TV with Smart TV to the Internet:
- TV with built-in Smart TV option. It is desirable that the device has a WI-FI module.
- Branded receiver (you will need it if the TV is not equipped with a network adapter).
- WI-FI router (this is a device through which you can connect multiple devices to a wireless network).
How to connect via a router?
This is the most optimal way of all. New modern LG TVs with Smart TVs usually have a built-in Wi-Fi module. The main advantage of this option is the wireless connection. It is done through a Wi-Fi router.
Here is the sequential procedure for setting up a network connection:
- Turn on the router.
- Turn on your LG TV and go to settings.
- Open the “Network Connection” section.
- Select your wireless connection type.
- Find your hotspot, enter the password and save the settings.
The routers also have a WPS button. Its work is similar to the action of a key from an intercom. By pressing this button on the gadget to be connected to the network, and then on the same button on the router, within 15 seconds, the connection to Wi-Fi will occur automatically.
The Internet on TV is not yet a common feature among users. Not everyone knows what is possible, and how convenient and interesting it is. There are many advantages of this service. And if you have the opportunity to purchase a TV with Smart TV function, then do it and you will not regret!
If you have any questions, write in the comments! And a small wish from our team. delving into the virtual world, never forget about live communication! See you dear!
How to connect an antenna to your LG TV
The first question that arises when buying a new LG TV is how to connect the antenna and tune the TV channels? It is quite simple to do this on your own, without resorting to the services of specialists.
There is a dedicated aerial cable port on the back of your TV. Depending on the model, it may be marked with the abbreviation ANT IN. But even if there are no designations, it is impossible to confuse it with other inputs (for example, HDMI or USB), since it has a recognizable appearance, the same for TVs of all brands and models: it is a threaded cylinder with a hole in the center. The exception is very old TVs with cathode ray tubes (kinescopes), in which the coaxial connector looks like a flat cylinder with a smaller cylinder in the center.
Connecting the antenna to the TV Lg: step-by-step instruction
- Make sure your LG TV is unplugged. This is necessary in order to avoid accidental damage to the TV or antenna during connection.
- Locate the rear panel for the cable entry and connect the antenna. On some models it may be necessary to screw on the cable. To do this, rotate clockwise until the cable is securely fixed.
- Turn on the TV to the network, after which you need to tune the channels.
After the antenna is connected to your LG TV, tune the channels.
If this is the first time you turn on your new LG TV, you will need to set your language and location before tune in channels. These are important steps that you better not skip or postpone. over, it only takes a few minutes.
How to Get Local Channels on LG Smart TV
In order to set the language on your LG TV, you need to:
- Using the remote control, press the “Settings” button.
- Select the section “General”.
- Use the joystick on the remote control to select the language you want.
- Save changes made.
In order to set the location on your LG TV, you need to:
- Using the remote control, press the “Settings” button.
- Select the menu item “Options”.
- In the “Country” section, select your country of location.
- Save changes made.
How to tune channels on your TV Lg: step by step instructions
The easiest and most convenient way to tune channels on your LG TV is to use the Auto Tuning feature available on all models. With its help, you can configure not only digital channels, but also analog.
If your LG TV supports the DVB-T2 standard, the European standard for terrestrial digital television of the second generation, then the satellite dish can be safely connected to the LNB connector without a receiver. In order for the TV to receive a signal, in the settings you only need to specify the correct signal source “Antenna” or “Satellite TV” (depending on the TV model). The vast majority of current LG TVs support this format. You can find more accurate information about your TV model in the “User’s Guide” or on LG official website. by entering the model number (a combination of numbers and letters) located on the back of the device.
You can also find the model and serial number on the TV itself. Using the remote control, press “Settings” / Smart (depending on the model), select the “Help” section, and in it. the item “Product Information”.
If your TV model does not support the digital standard, then in order to watch digital channels, you will need to additionally purchase a DVB-T2 set-top box and connect it to your LG TV.
How to activate Auto Channel Search on LG Smart TV:
- Using the remote control, press the Settings button.
- Select the menu item (Gear Icon) in the upper right corner of your TV screen.
- Find the section “All settings”.
- In it, select the “Channels” item, then click “Search for channels and settings”.
- Click on “Autosearch”.
Important: To connect digital television, the DVB-T / T2 source must be indicated in the “Receive mode” column. For satellite or cable connections. appropriate sources.
- Select the required source, click “Next”.
- It will take a few minutes to search and tune channels Do not turn off the TV in the process. When finished, click on the “Finish” or OK button (depending on the model).
How to tune channels on your TV Lg, not supporting function Smart TV: step-by-step instruction
Channel tuning on older LG TVs is slightly different, but also not difficult for the owner. Here’s what you need to do for this:
- Using the remote control, press the Settings button.
- In the settings menu displayed on the TV screen, enter the “Channels” section.
- On the remote control, press the “Right” button, you will find yourself in the “Autosearch” item. Confirm the action by clicking OK.
- Select the input source for program setting. It can be Antenna, Satellite or Cable TV. To tune digital channels, select “Antenna”.
- Click the “Run” button on the screen.
- It will take a few minutes to find and tune channels. Do not turn off the TV in the process. When finished, click on the “Finish” or OK button (depending on the model).
Problems that may arise when connecting an antenna to a TV Lg and channel setup:
- TV does not see any channel.
What to do? Check if the antenna is connected correctly, if the signal source is correctly registered in the “Settings”.
- No digital TV signal.
What to do? Change location in “Settings”.
What to do? Changing the frequency range and resolution of the TV screen may help. To do this, you need to change the screen format in “Settings” to “Original / Auto.” (depending on model) or Full Screen.
What is the difference between a crab and a coupler
In a crab, the power of an incoming TV signal is usually divided equally between all connected TVs. Unlike a crab, in a coupler, subscribers are given only a small part of the signal power supplied to the input, about 6 dB.
To ensure a sufficient level of the television signal arriving at the subscribers, the signal is fed to the input of the coupler from the main power amplifier, depending on the number of connected subscribers. Collectively, all taps installed in one entrance represent a crab with numerous branches.
TV cable device
Let’s consider how a modern television coaxial cable works using the example of a CAT-703 cable.
A copper, or steel, copper-plated conductor runs down the center of the entire length of the coaxial cable. This core is covered with a layer of insulating dielectric material. The insulation is covered with a shielding copper or aluminum foil braid, which acts as a second conductor. For protection against mechanical and climatic influences, the cable is covered with a sealed protective sheath.
In inexpensive cables, only aluminum braid is used, in budget ones. copper, and in expensive ones. aluminum and copper at the same time, as shown in the photo.
Which antenna plug is better
The answer is simple: the best of the three TV coaxial cable plugs reviewed is the F-plug. It is easy to notice in the photographs above, even without special knowledge.
As you can see, the old-style antenna plug and the Soviet antenna plug have a small section of the central core of the cable that is not covered with a shielding braid. This violates the uniformity of the wave impedance, which leads to insignificant losses of the television signal.
The F-connector does not have an exposed antenna cable center conductor. Another advantage of the antenna F-connector is the ease of installation. With a minimal set of standard tools, without skills, almost anyone can correctly put the antenna F-plug on the cable.
TV signal amplifier
If, after installing the crab, the image becomes unsatisfactory, then you will have to additionally put a television amplifier in front of it. The amplifier is arranged in the same way as the crab, but in its case there are additionally installed active elements (transistors or microcircuit) that amplify the video signal. The TV amplifier will additionally require a mains supply voltage, and this is necessary for Honor when choosing a place for its installation.
The TV amplifier must be installed as close as possible to the TV signal source, since the amplifier amplifies noise along with the useful TV signal. The photo shows the TERRA HA123 television amplifier, designed to work in a home television network with one output, with the ability to adjust the gain from 8 to 28 dB. If possible, then the ideal option is to place the amplifier directly in the box of the main signal splitter across the apartments.
If the televisions are located not far from the television amplifier, then it is more expedient to install only one television signal amplifier with several outputs instead of the television amplifier and the crab. For example, a television amplifier-splitter model Televes 5523 (Spain), which has a gain of 16 dB and five outputs, which makes it possible to connect up to 5 TVs to it.
If the signal is taken from an individual antenna, then there are amplifiers that are designed to be installed directly on the antenna instead of a matching loop. Antenna amplifiers provide high-quality reception at a distance from the transmitting antenna up to 100 km.
The photo shows an antenna amplifier for a TV signal SWA-555 / LUX, which is available with different gains, from 10 to 15 dB in the meter range and from 34 to 43 dB in the decimeter range. How to properly connect the power supply to the TV cable to supply voltage to the antenna TV amplifier, you can find out on the site page “How to connect the antenna TV amplifier to the power supply”.
The antenna amplifier, depending on the signal level at the antenna installation point, must be selected according to the gain for each specific case. The supply voltage for such amplifiers is supplied via a coaxial cable.
How to connect an antenna cable to a TV without a plug
In life, there are situations that you need to urgently connect an antenna cable to the TV, but there is no plug at hand. You can temporarily connect the antenna cable without a plug. To do this, you must first remove the upper sheath to a length of 5 cm, develop and unscrew the shielding braid, remove the insulation from the central core of the cable and bend the core itself into a loop. The width of the eyelet should be slightly larger than the hole in the center socket of the connector.
If the connector on the TV is as in the photo, then an insulating tube must be put on the center contact. Next, a loop is inserted into the center contact, and the shielding braid is tucked into the connector with a screwdriver blade. The main thing is to prevent the wires of the shielding braid from touching the central core of the cable.
If the braid is aluminum, then you can insert it into the TV connector and fill the free space with thin copper wires taken from any stranded copper wire. To prevent the wire from falling out of the TV connector, you can fix it with several toothpicks or matches. Such an improvised connector will serve quite reliably.
How to install an old plug on the antenna cable
Before the advent of antenna F-plugs, plugs of a different design were used, which also did not require soldering, but were connected to the antenna cable according to their own technology.
Before proceeding with the installation of the plug on the antenna cable, you need to hold it by the metal part and unscrew the plastic case by rotating it counterclockwise. Then put the body on the cable, so as not to forget.
The next step is to prepare the antenna cable for installation. To do this, with a knife blade, you need to cut through its outer shell to a length of about a centimeter with light pressure. Then remove the casing and cut the shielding braid by 5 mm. Remove five millimeters of insulation from the center conductor. The antenna cable is now ready to be terminated in the plug.
When threading the cable into the plug, it is necessary to exclude the contact of the conductors of the braid of the fixing of the central core. Pliers crimp the antenna plug petals around the shielding winding. A lot of effort should not be made. The main thing is to have reliable contact.
Further, the screw for fastening the central core of the antenna cable is screwed in until it stops.
The last step is to screw the plastic onto the metal part of the plug and insert the plug into the TV socket.
How to connect an antenna cable to a crab without a plug
The cable is prepared in the same way as for putting on the F-plug, the central core is inserted into the F-connector of the crab, and the screen is put on the protruding part of the crab connector and fixed with any wire or clamp. As a last resort, you can fix the cable by tightly winding several layers of electrical tape. Will work just as well as F-connection.
If you use a clamp with a screw crimping device, then the quality and reliability of the connection will not be worse than with the F-connector.
Where to insert the antenna cable on the TV
After the connector is installed on the cable, it can be connected to the TV. The socket for connecting the TV to an antenna or cable network is usually located on its rear wall and is marked next to it in the form of the abbreviated inscription “ANT”.
In the photo, on the right side of it you can see the socket for connecting the antenna. The socket is special, standard and differs from all other connectors and sockets available on the commutation panel. Therefore, it is physically impossible to insert the antenna plug into another socket by mistake. Any of the connectors, the installation of which is discussed in the article above, is well inserted into the TV jack.
In modern TVs for receiving a television signal, two connectors are installed for connecting an antenna :. cable (digital) television and satellite dish.
One, denoted RF (ANT 1 IN), is designed to connect a digital TV antenna or cable network, such is installed on all TV models, both old and modern. The second began to be installed recently, LNB (ANT 2 IN with external thread) is designed to connect a satellite dish.
If the TV supports the DVB-S2 standard, then the satellite dish can be connected without a receiver, directly to the LNB connector. To receive digital television channels from a television tower to an individual antenna, the television must support the DVB-T2 standard. Therefore, when buying a TV, you need to pay special attention to the list of broadcasting standards that it supports.
For the TV to receive a signal from a given connector in its Menu, you need to select the signal source Antenna or Satellite TV and perform automatic or manual channel tuning.
Connecting and configuring an indoor antenna
The antenna is installed on the window sill and directed towards the repeater. You also need to make sure that there is no interference from radio signal sources. the Wi-Fi router should be located a few meters from the receiving device. Connect using a coaxial cable by inserting the wire connector into the dedicated jack. recommendations depend on whether the receiver has a built-in TV tuner or whether you are using a receiver.
If you have a built-in DVB-T2 tuner, the antenna connection is as follows.
- Find the connector on the rear panel marked with Ant In.
- Turn off the device from the mains, insert the antenna plug into the socket, then plug it back into the mains. The action is due to the observance of safety measures.
- In the “Channel settings” select the type of signal, activate the search.
- Wait until the end of the search, save the found channels.
In the future, sort the TV channels according to your preferences.
In order to tune the home antenna on the TV when using a digital set-top box, the steps are performed in the following sequence:
- Insert the antenna cable into the dedicated connector on the back of the TV tuner.
- Connect the receiver using the supplied cords. HDMI or RCA cable.
- After plugging into the network, select the input source. HDMI or RCA based on the type of connection.
- In “Channel setup” start automatic search.
- Save and sort TV channels.
At the moment, Russian television has launched two basic free multiplexes. The third is planned to be released by the end of 2020. beginning of 2021.
Modern TV sets of the Samsung brand are equipped with a built-in DVB-S / S2 tuner. To connect a digital antenna to your Samsung TV, you need to follow the instructions.
- Connect the antenna cable to the TV input, press start
- Enter the TV menu, line “Broadcast” and select auto-tuning channels.
Next, set the type of source antenna.
After the end of the search, all found TV channels will be saved automatically.
In most LG TV models, in addition to the usual Ant In connector, there is a special LNB Satellite IN connector, which means that there is a built-in TV tuner. This output is designed to connect a satellite dish, to watch free channels with no coding. Tuning and searching for television channels or multiplexes are also performed through the menu, indicating the type of antenna. satellite.
To connect an indoor antenna to an LG TV, they initially look at the type of connector, which can be:
- RF. coaxial threaded cylinder with a hole in the center;
- IEC standard, installed on older models.
To search for signals correctly, after connecting, it is necessary to configure the user’s language panel and specify the search country in the “General options” tab. Then you can go to autosearch channels.
- Select the “Settings” button on the remote control.
- Then go to “Channels” and select autosearch.
- Specify the type of input signal. antenna.
- In the pop-up tab, click “Full”, then “OK”.
- Activate the Run command.
Required equipment for connection
Before installing an indoor antenna, the first thing to do is determine the location and distance to the nearest repeater, the presence of possible interference in the form of buildings, and terrain features. The condition practically does not apply to the upper floors of high-rise buildings. Residents of the first three tiers may need a signal booster.
Some indoor antennas come with a built-in amplifier. Also, the device is purchased separately. The principle of operation is based on the amplification of the received signal. But the receiving device picks up both the direct signal and the reflected one from various obstacles. So, in a cluster of multi-storey buildings, the result will be rather negative. the reception quality will noticeably decrease.
The new models are equipped with a built-in DVB-T2 receiver, which provides reception of free Russian TV channels. For televisions of previous generations, you will need a receiver that provides support for the television standard used in the Russian Federation. Set-top boxes are widespread. from very simple models of a low price segment to complex, multifunctional devices.
The cost is influenced by the availability of additional functions. Internet connection, alternative control, HD support, CI encoding slot. These functions are essential for modern TVs. A functional tuner is not required when using a previous generation TV set. The only condition is support for DVB-T, DVB-T2 and DVB-C standards.
Features of connecting to TVs of different brands
The algorithm for connecting an indoor antenna to TVs of different brands is almost the same. But, each manufacturer has its own characteristics. These may be differences in the fastening of the connectors, the designations of the channel search settings. It is recommended to carefully study the user manual before connecting.
How to connect an indoor antenna to a TV: tuning algorithm
An indoor antenna is considered a versatile and easily configurable device that is capable of receiving TV signals from the moment it is connected. But like any device, a TV antenna does not need a specific tuning algorithm. With this article, you will be able to properly connect an indoor antenna to your TV.
How to connect multiple TVs to one antenna
If, after installing the indoor antenna, the signal and image quality are excellent, then two or three TVs can be connected to it at the same time. It should be borne in mind that when using a passive device, the quality dividing into several devices deteriorates. Using an active antenna with an amplifier, provided there is no interference, the number of connected devices is unlimited.
To connect several devices to one antenna, there are special splitters, splitters or so-called “crabs”, representing a rectangular box with loops. On one side of the splitter there is a connector marked IN. an input that provides an antenna cable connection, on the other there are several outputs marked OUT for connecting cables to receivers. In the absence of marking, there is always one input, several outputs in a row. Splitters come in 2 categories:
The first option is connected to the mains, correctly separates the incoming signal. The second type is without a power supply. Consider the principle of connecting a passive splitter on the example of two connected TVs to one antenna.
How To Rescan Channels On An LG TV
In addition to the splitter, you will need connectors. adapters, several plugs suitable for the jacks, a special coaxial cable. To connect two receivers, you need to buy a device with 2 outputs. If there are free outputs, 75 Ohm resistor plugs are required.
The step-by-step connection algorithm is as follows.
- Initially, the location of the splitter attachment to the wall is determined and the length of the cable is calculated: from the antenna to the splitter; from a splitter to two TVs.
- Prepare the wires by winding F-connectors or connectors on them.
- Lay the cable from the antenna, connect, fix the splitter on the wall.
- Lay and fix coaxial wires from TVs, connect to a splitter.
- Insert the antenna cables into the corresponding sockets on the TVs and turn on to check.
If the image on two screens is clear and of high quality, then everything has been done correctly, nothing will interfere with watching TV programs. It is necessary to avoid places of accumulation of electrical, telephone and Internet wires. Foreign wires may interfere with signal transmission.
Connecting and configuring an indoor antenna to a TV does not require specific skills or calling a TV technician at home. You must carefully follow the instructions, follow the rules of connection and settings. Enjoy watching.
How to connect the soundbar to your LG TV
LG TVs boast excellent picture and sound thanks to the implementation of modern technologies in them. Nevertheless, many owners of TVs, especially those with OLED screens, purchase additional acoustic equipment with which they can achieve surround sound at home, comparable in quality to the sound in a cinema. These can be home theaters or their more democratic counterparts. soundbars (powerful, but rather compact mono speakers with several speakers).
- Better sound from the TV and other external devices connected to it.
- The ability to play audio and video content of various formats through external storage.
- Supports mobile devices via Bluetooth.
- Compact size (compared to home theater) with comparable power and sound quality.
- Intuitive control (using the remote control or in some modern models by voice commands).
Which soundbar to choose for your LG TV?
The main parameter of a soundbar that you should pay attention to when choosing is its power. It is important to correlate it with the dimensions of the room in which your LG TV is located and where you plan to install and connect the soundbar. If the room is quite spacious (more than 55 square meters), then you need to look for a 200 W soundbar. A soundbar with a power of 100-150 W can be installed in a room of 30-40 square meters. In a small room (up to 20 square meters), a 60 W soundbar is suitable.
Important: in order to enjoy all the nuances of the sound, it is not recommended to set the volume of the soundbar above 70% of full power. So it is worth choosing a model that can provide this level of sound.
Some soundbar models can be mounted directly to a TV stand. If you are placing the panel inside a cabinet / stand, then you must make sure that it is pushed forward as far as possible and the side and rear walls do not interfere with the sound. It also goes without saying that there should be no foreign objects or obstacles in front of the soundbar, such as walls or cabinet doors.
Important: if the soundbar model you purchased supports the Dolby Atmos or DTS: X option, in which the sound is reflected from the ceiling, you will have to abandon the location inside the cabinet.
In the event that your LG TV is located on a wall, then it is optimal to place the soundbar directly under it. Most types of modern wall mounting systems for TVs assume similar placement and have additional mounts for the media panel.
Once you’ve placed the soundbar, it’s time to start connecting the panel to your LG TV and adjusting all the necessary parameters.
How to connect the soundbar to your LG TV: step by step guide
Soundbars are divided into two categories according to the way they connect to the TV: active and passive.
An active soundbar is essentially an independent audio system that can be connected directly to a TV.
Passive soundbar can be connected to TV exclusively using AV receiver.
The most common way to connect soundbars to TVs is via the HDMI interface. In rare cases, RCA or analog connectors are used for this purpose. Analog connectors (tulips) will not be able to provide high sound quality, so you should resort to this method only in the most extreme cases. It is also undesirable to connect the sandbar to the TV using the headphone jack (miniJack-2RCA cable).
The most important plus of the HDMI method is that in this case the Audio Return Channel (ARC) option is active. This means that the soundbar turns on at the same time as your LG TV, and the sound level on both devices can be adjusted with one remote control.
After connecting the soundbar, set the desired parameters. For this you need:
Using the remote control, go to the “Settings” menu.
Select the “audio” section and set the “Digital audio output” item to the “auto” mode. Some LG TVs will also need to enable the Simplink option.
The method of connecting the soundbar to an LG TV using an optical cable has also proven itself well. The sound quality is also optimal and is not affected by electromagnetic radiation, which can interfere with the transmission of sound. Connection is made using the connectors labeled Optical Out (on some models Digital Out) on the TV and Optical In (Digital In) on the soundbar.
Another way to connect an active soundbar is wireless. This method is suitable for owners of modern LG TVs with Smart TV function. To connect your soundbar to your TV via Bluetooth, make sure your TV model supports LG Soundsync. This can be done in the “Settings” “Sound” section. Enable this option, then a list of devices available for synchronization will appear on your LG TV screen. Select your soundbar from among them and establish a connection by following the instructions on the TV screen.
Important: Sometimes you may need to enter a password after connecting the soundbar to the TV. The default is 0000 or 1111.
Rules for connecting an antenna to a TV
Cable television is developing and expanding its influence in all regions of Russia, but the use of a conventional antenna remains in demand. Satellite dishes are also in demand. Nevertheless, all these devices for high-quality TV viewing must be properly connected, and connecting the TV to the antenna remains an urgent issue. Most designs are brought to a single standard, but some models require an individual approach, and here you need to know exactly how to connect an antenna to a TV.
We connect a satellite dish
In order to connect a satellite dish to a TV receiver, the circuit must be equipped with the following components:
- Satellite dish.
- Antenna connector (connector).
- Tuning cable (subsequently replaced with a permanent one).
After mounting the plate, all other units and elements are connected. It is not recommended to tighten the F-connector too much, as it will have to be removed, and possibly several times. After connecting the cable, the receiver and TV receiver are connected to it. An audio and video cable or other cables with connectors such as HDMI, SCKART, and others can go from the receiver to the TV. In some cases, in addition to the receiver, connecting the antenna to the TV may include a high-frequency modulator in the circuit.
The standard connection of a satellite dish to a TV set and its adjustment consists in turning the mirror of the dish until you get a high quality picture. In general terms, it is clear how to connect a satellite dish, now we will consider how the rest of the structures are connected.
How to connect a massive antenna
A massive structure is most often several combined antennas, so strengthening with stretch marks or spacers is necessary. To summarize the RF signal from all antennas into one cable, a special high-frequency combiner (splitter) is used. Then the whole scheme is repeated in the same way as in the previous case.
We connect the beam structure
Probably, everyone installed such antennas, so there is no point in going into special details. Several important points can be highlighted:
- The higher the pole on which the home antenna is mounted, the stronger the RF signal.
- With a sufficiently high bar height (3 or more meters), it must be strengthened with three or four wire or cable ties.
- If the antenna is with an amplifier, then it must be sealed in any available way, but do not forget that you may have to change the amplifier and install a new one.
- Grounding an active beam antenna with an amplifier is mandatory.
The beam antenna is connected to the TV in the standard way. via an RF cable and an F connector. It is advisable not to allow unnecessary connections along the entire length of the cable, as this degrades the signal quality. If the connection cannot be avoided, try to make it soldered and well sealed. Any adapters, splitters or tees that will be on the street must also be sealed.
How to connect different types of antennas to a TV receiver?
If we consider the connection of all structures, with the exception of satellite dishes, we can conclude that the methods of their connection are similar to each other. Only the wireless connection is distinguished by the absence of a cable. First, you need to determine the type of connector. A common F connector is a cylinder with a small hole at the end for the center conductor of the RF cable. For both analog and digital signals, the F connector is better than the others, so the TV is most often connected to any antenna using just such a connection.
We connect the indoor antenna
You don’t need any special knowledge to connect an indoor antenna. All models are equipped with either a standard RF connector or an F-connector. In extreme cases, connecting the antenna to the TV can be done through an adapter. The setup is also the simplest. you need to choose the optimal position of the booms to get the best signal.
What are the types of television antennas?
Today, there are four most popular types of receiving structures:
- Satellite dish. The most efficient and wide-range design, and connecting the TV to an antenna requires a receiver to be installed. The satellite dish can use both cable and wireless connection without cable. An undeniable advantage. a huge number of TV channels, digital image quality.
- Traditional indoor model with a humorous name “rabbit ears”. Used in close proximity to the signal source. The design consists of two telescopic retractable tubes with a length of 30 cm to 1.5 meters. It is preferable in that it is adapted to receive DMV channels. The received signal is of poor quality, therefore, such a television antenna is connected to the receiver in case of proximity to a television center or repeater.
- Multi-element beam directional design. Acts with a narrow beam, is used to receive and isolate a single signal. The beam-type antenna is as popular as the satellite design. This demand is explained by the geography of our country. many regions have relief terrain, in which it is difficult to receive a TV signal using other structures. The peculiarity of such a device, its advantage and at the same time its disadvantage is that it is possible to adjust the reception to a specific wave, cutting off the reception of reflected and weak signals. That is, the signal will be clean, but not multi-channel. Nevertheless, such a connection of the TV to the beam structure remains in demand.
- The antenna is massive. Such models with an amplifier are used in an area remote from the repeater to receive all possible TV signals. The massive model is the same beam structure, only of larger dimensions. Such a device is effectively used in regions remote from broadcasting, or in areas with natural obstacles for high-quality TV signal reception. For example, power lines, mountains, gorges, multi-storey skyscrapers, etc. There is only one drawback of using a massive model in urban areas. if you want to connect a TV to such a structure, then signal interference is possible due to urban industrial interference.