How to connect dualshock 4 to ipad
How to connect Dualshock 4 to PC
The Dualshock 4 is the latest in Sony’s family of gamepads for the Playstation 4. However, unlike the first in the lineup, the Dualshock 4 simply connects to a PC. We will tell you how to connect it to your computer and use all the functionality.
Dualshock 4 PC Connection Options
There are two main methods for connecting the Dualshock 4 to a computer. wireless (via Bluetooth) and wired (via USB cable). It is important to note that it is the wireless connection that is considered the main one. So, let’s take a look at each of the available options.
Dualshock 4 USB Wireless Adapter
Sony has made it really easy to connect your gamepad to your computer by releasing a special accessory. It looks like this
Thanks to this adapter, you can connect the DualShok 4 gamepad to your PC or Mac. To do this, you will need:
- Purchase the adapter itself.
- Connect the accessory to the computer following the attached instructions.
This method is preferable, because thanks to it you will be able to use all the functions of the Dualshock 4. vibration motor, touch panel, gyroscope, headset jacks and the actual wireless mode. In addition to this, there is the ability to use a gamepad for Playstation Now (a cloud service that allows you to play games from PS3 and PlayStation 4 on your computer).
This method is more difficult than both previous ones, and is designed more for the advanced user. It consists in installing special drivers that will allow games to recognize the Dualshock 4. To do this, you will need:
- Download DS4Windows. Before doing this, make sure that you have the latest versions of Microsoft.NET Framework and DirectX installed, and that you have administrator rights.
- Unpack and run. The following window will open in front of you:
- Be careful. the “Install DS4 Drivers” item should be pressed only if you have Windows 8 or higher! If you have Windows 7, click the second item.
iPad Pro 11 iPadOs: PS4 Dualshock Controller Setup
- Wait for the drivers to install and restart your computer.
- Launch DS4Windows again and connect your Dualshock 4 in any convenient way.
- Then you have to set up a management profile. We will not dwell on it in detail, this is material for a separate article. Just take a look at the screenshot:
Again, this method is designed for an advanced user. If this method is too complicated for you, you can use methods 1 and 2.
Connecting via Steam
This method is a little more complicated, but it allows you to do without buying an expensive adapter. To use it, do the following:
- Log in to Steam
- Click on the controller icon at the top right.
- When the Big Picture Mode opens, enter the settings of this mode.
- Check the box “PlayStation 4 controller support”.
- Then connect your Dualshock 4 in any way (cable or Bluetooth). As soon as you do this, Steam will automatically open a personalization window, in which you can configure, for example, the actions and sensitivity of the gyroscope, as well as remap the keys of the gamepad.
As with the DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adapter, you also have access to all the functionality of your controller. The disadvantages of this method are the need to pre-configure most of the games that you have in your Steam library, as well as the inability to use Dualshock 4 in Playstation Now.
Is it possible to connect a gamepad to Apple gadgets
For a long time it was impossible to connect a gamepad to any Apple technology, but relatively recently, or rather, as already mentioned, in 2019, some Apple devices finally received support for Dualshock 4 joysticks. Today, you can pair an iPhone, iPad, iPod with a controller. touch, Apple TV, or even Mac computers.
DualShock 4 is a modern gamepad for iPhone (iOS) and other gadgets
From this it follows that connecting a Playstation Dualshock 4 to an iPhone, iPad or some other Apple gadgets is quite possible. The following sections will cover what you need to do, how to connect and disconnect the Dualshock controller.
DualShock 4 requires iOS 13 or higher
How to connect a joystick to an iPad
The steps that need to be taken to connect the game joystick from the Playstation 4 to the iPad are no different from the steps described above for the iPhone. The advantage of creating such a pair is that the tablet screen is much larger compared to a smartphone and it will be more convenient and interesting to play.
- You need to turn off the controller, and then put it into pairing mode with the tablet.
- Press and simultaneously hold the “Playstation” and “Share” buttons on the joystick until its lightbar starts to flash periodically.
- Go to the “Settings” of your tablet from the OS main menu.
- Select “Bluetooth” and make sure it is active.
- In the list of “Other devices” find the name of the gamepad. It will be called “DualShock 4 Wireless Controller”.
- Click on it to create a connection.
- Confirm your intentions with a button on the joystick.
Important! Both the smartphone and the tablet have the same operating system, so there are no special differences in connecting the DualShock 4 to them.
Pairing requires Bluetooth to be turned on
How to connect a gamepad to an iPhone
To connect the controller to your iPhone, you need to follow the step-by-step instructions below:
- Go to the main menu of the phone and open the “Settings” application.
- Find the item “Bluetooth enable settings” in it and enable the module.
- Make sure the wireless controller has sufficient charge.
- Pick up the gamepad without closing the settings menu on your smartphone.
- Press the “Playstation” button and the “Share” button at the same time and hold them for 10 seconds.
- Subsequently, the indicator light on the back of the wireless controller will blink.
- On your phone, in the list of “Other devices” in the “Bluetooth” section, you will see a pop-up window “DualShock 4 Wireless Controller”.
- You must press the indicator on the back of the controller. It should start glowing reddish pink.
After these actions, the joystick will be ready for use.
Pairing an iPad controller is easy: just hold down two buttons
Connecting DualShock 4 to iPhone or iPad
All you need to connect is an iPhone or iPad with iOS version 13 or higher or iPad OS 13. You also need a Playstation 4 DualShock 4 wireless controller. No more wires, additional devices, transmitters or repeaters are needed, since both gadgets interact perfectly with each other thanks to built-in hardware and software capabilities.
In addition to the Playstation DualShock 4, some Apple technology supports the Xbox One Wireless Controller model 1708 with a Bluetooth module, as well as some MFI-standard controllers such as SteelSeries Nimbus, Horipad Ultimate, and so on.
Joystick for iPad and iPhone allows you to play mobile games and control other Apple equipment
How to connect DualShock 4 to iPhone or iPad
To connect the controller to an iPhone or iPad, it is necessary to perform a number of actions, consisting in changing the standard settings of mobile devices. The instructions are not very different, but these are different devices, so the actions that need to be performed are described for each separately.
How to connect DualShock 4 to iPhone and iPad. detailed instructions
The entertainment of modern people has completely gone into virtual reality. For games, people use computers, laptops, tablets, phones and consoles. It is the latter that are currently developing the fastest. Relatively recently, one of the most popular companies for the production of Playstation game consoles Sony presented the Dualshock 4 wireless controller. In the fall of 2019, the iPhone, iPad and Apple TV received support for Dualshock 4, as well as some Xbox One joysticks.
How to disconnect a DualShock 4 from an iPhone or iPad
Disconnection is done as follows: press and hold the “Playstation” button on the gamepad for several seconds. You can disconnect the controller using the phone in another way:
- Open the “Control Center” by swiping from the upper right to the lower left corner if Face ID is installed on the smartphone. If the phone is older and has Touch ID on it, then you just need to swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Press and hold the “Bluetooth” icon.
- Wait until the context menu appears, in which you must also press and hold the “Bluetooth: on” option.
- When you see the inscription “Wireless controller DUALSHOCK 4″, you must click on it.
- The controller will be disconnected from the phone.
How to Connect PS4 Controller to iPad, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro
- Go to the menu and select “Settings”.
- Turn on Bluetooth.
- In the section “My devices” find your joystick and click on the icon with the letter “i”.
- Among all the available actions, select “Disable“.
Thus, it was considered how to connect Dualshok 4 to an iPhone and what is a joystick for an iPhone or iPad for. With this gamepad, you can play games on your phone or tablet, and also control your Apple TV.