How to Delete Contacts from iPhone 7
Working with the interface
For a start, take a closer look at the interface. The iPhone has a special setting that allows you to make backups of information, as well as format it. How do I remove unnecessary items? The procedure is performed in several steps, it is better to follow the following sequence:
- turn on your gadget;
- wait until the operating system is fully loaded;
- go to the main settings;
- look for the information reset sub-item;
- click “Erase.”;
- if you had a protective combination on your iPhone, enter it;
- confirm the desire to delete the data, two windows with notifications will pop up. You need to give your consent.
Further, when the “Find iPhone” function is enabled in iCloud, it is worth entering the Apple ID. This must be done, otherwise the device will reboot. After that, the iPhone is cleared of user-generated content.
How to completely delete all data from iPhone
Hello. Did you know that iPhone stops working promptly when there is a lack of free memory? If you start to notice that the device “thinks” for a long time, freezes. it’s time to clean it. In this article, I would like to talk about how to remove everything from the iPhone correctly so that the device can continue to work more efficiently.
Any iPhone owner who wants to remove everything from it can use another software. iCloud. You can also work with this program remotely, for example, if your device is stolen or lost. How to quickly erase? I note right away that erased information from the phone book and other information cannot be reanimated. Formatting is done like this:
- you turn on the PC, it must have an Internet connection;
- go to iCloud.com;
- in the window that opens, log in using your AppleID;
- click “Find devices”, the map comes out;
- select the iPhone model from above;
- in the panel that opens, press “Erase”;
- there is a warning that the process is irreversible, again press “Erase”;
- enter the AppleIdy password, so you can prove that you are the owner of the formatted device;
- click “Next” and “Finish”.
This will start the uninstallation process. Thanks to this option, you can protect yourself and delete all data remotely.
- If there are a lot of photos, and they take up the bulk of the space, just start the “iCloud Media Library”, it automatically sends the pictures to the “Cloud” and clears the space.
- You can clear the accumulated music cache by deactivating the “iCloud Music Library”, you need to wait for the deletion and then turn it back on, while the tracks remain, and the offline files are erased.
- If the bulk of the space is occupied by Safari data, you can also get rid of it without dropping the device. For example, you can delete a reading list.
Preparing to Delete Data from iPhone
Before proceeding with the procedure itself, it is worth remembering one feature developed by Apple. This was done in order to maximize the protection of user information. Make sure your smartphone is unlocked before formatting.
In this case, after cleaning, you will again use your device, but if the iPhone is unlocked, you need to delete the information very carefully. This happens because the unlocked device becomes an analogue of the iPad. It will be just a multifunctional device, but you will no longer be able to call from it. Do not forget about it.
What to do with apps on iPhone? Some users delete them manually, it is not very convenient and takes a long time. This will require a phone storage. It can be found on all Apple products. The following steps are performed here;
- turn on the device;
- go to the settings, then the main ones. statistics and storage;
- click on the program that you do not need;
- a menu with operations will pop up;
- click delete.
All erased applications can only be restored by reinstalling. If your device has few programs, you can use this option. Otherwise, you need global formatting.
After you have got rid of unnecessary software, cleaned the phone book, you can erase your browser data. There is also a sequence of steps for this:
- download the updated Opera;
- you clear the cache of Safari, for this you do not need to download additional software, only standard tools are used;
- go to the Safari settings;
- click on clear history;
- confirm actions;
- press clear cookie, confirm action.
This procedure allows you to delete all information that was entered and saved in the browser. Here, too, you cannot return everything that was erased.
We use iTunes
For the second method of cleaning the device from everything unnecessary, you will need the iTunes application. It can not only help in formatting, but also restore the operating system of the smartphone. First of all, you should select the current software version. It is downloaded to your computer. It all depends on the version of iOS installed on the iPhone. After that, you can use the sequence of actions described below:
- enter the “iTunes” program on the PC;
- connect your smartphone to a computer via a cable;
- waiting for the definition of equipment in the program;
- click on the inscription “iPhone”;
- go to the “Information” section. “Synchronize contacts”. “Everything”;
- from below, select the “Advanced” item;
- put a mark next to the “Contacts” item;
- confirm your actions.
Thanks to this instruction, you will be able to clean your “Contacts”. You will not be able to restore deleted numbers in the “apple” device, if you have not done a backup before.
How to Delete All Contacts from iPhone?
Seasoned iPhone owners have long been accustomed to going through quests that iOS developers never tire of coming up with. And those functions that seem elementary for Android owners raise a lot of questions among iPhone users. For example, you decide to sell your gadget, a logical question arises: “How can I delete all contacts from the iPhone?” Android users will say: “What’s so difficult, just select the” Delete all “option in the settings and clear the contact book.” To which experienced iPhone users will only smile and go to connect with iTunes.
We want to tell you how to delete all contacts on iPhone as quickly and easily as possible. Especially for this, we chose the four most popular, and most importantly legal methods.
delete contacts using iTunes
In this method, we will tell you in detail how to delete contacts from iPhone using the familiar iTunes program. By the way, in the same program you can restore photos that you accidentally deleted. How to do this, read 4 Ways to Recover Photos on iPhone.
In order to delete all phone numbers in iPhone at once using iTunes, follow the following list of steps:
- Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to your computer.
- On your PC, open iTunes and click on the iPhone button. Usually, the name of your iPhone and its memory size are pulled up, for example, iPhone Sergey 8 GB (as in the photo).
- Find the “Details” item in the “Settings” menu and click on it.
- In the window that appears, check the box next to “Synchronize contacts with” and select Windows Contacts from the drop-down list. Also check that the checkmark is next to the item “All contacts”.
- Scroll down the page and find the “Add-ons” block, where check the box next to the word “Contacts”.
- When all the manipulations are completed, click on the “Apply” button and start the synchronization process.
The point of all these actions is that there is no file of the selected format on the computer, therefore, during the synchronization process, the old phone numbers will be deleted, and the new ones will not be added. If you have a saved contact list on your computer, then this method is not very suitable for you, because instead of the old list of numbers, you will have a new one in your phone book.
delete contacts using iCloud
Of course, you will have to get confused with this method, but it will allow you to finally register with iCloud and start using its functions to the fullest. In order for this method to work, you must be sure to log in with your Apple ID both on your phone and on your computer. If you do not have an Apple ID, then be sure to get one before proceeding with this method. You can do this for free, but how. To delete contacts on iPhone using iCloud, you need to perform the following series of actions:
- In the phone, select the “Settings” application and scroll to the iCloud item.
- The phone will ask you to enter your ID and password. enter everything and press the “Login” button. At the bottom there is a button “Get Apple ID for free”, you can click on it and fill out a simple registration form.
- In the window that appears, the device will ask you if you need to combine data from iCloud with the information stored on the phone itself. Click the “Combine” button.
- If the slider in the “Contacts” field is inactive, activate it by moving it to the right. You don’t need another iPhone.
- Now you need to go to iCloud.com and re-enter your Apple ID and password.
- The iCloud menu will open in front of you. Select “Contacts” from the drop-down list. In the list of contacts that appears, select several phones that you want to delete.
- After that, click on the gear in the lower left corner and find the “Delete” function. Click on it and confirm your action in the pop-up window. In just a couple of seconds, you will see the selected phone numbers disappear from your phone book.
Perhaps this is the easiest and fastest way not only to delete all contacts from the iPhone, but also to reset content settings altogether, including photos, records, notes, etc. This is ideal before selling your phone to ensure that your data and information are cleaned from the device.
Before resetting the settings, be sure to transfer all the content to your computer, otherwise you will not have the opportunity to restore all this data.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Select “General” and scroll down the page.
- Find the “Reset” item and select it.
- In the menu that opens, find and select the item “Reset content and settings”.
Just a couple of clicks and your iPhone is clean and ready for sale. You can also reset geo settings, keyboard dictionary, Home settings, or select Reset All Settings to completely clear your phone.
How to delete featured messages?
- We go to the application “Messages”.
- Open the folder “Favorites”.
- To remove a message from favorites, press and hold it, and then select “Remove from favorites”.
- You can also delete a message from favorites in the original folder: item “”. “From the chosen ones”.
How to remove a contact from a SIM card?
- Disable syncing contacts with your Google account.
- Open the Android phone book.
- Call the context menu and select “Filter”.
- Select display from SIM card.
- Find the phone number you want to erase.
- Call the context menu (with the key under the screen or the button in the form of three dots).
How to get rid of favorite contacts and recent calls from multitasking menu in iOS 13?
In fact, everything is simple and implemented in three simple steps:
- We go to “Settings” “Mail, addresses, calendars”.
- We find the item “Show in Switch. programs “(brilliant?).
- Here you can choose: to turn off the display of favorite contacts or recent calls. You can disable both.
How to remove a contact from favorites?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Contacts app.
- Tap the contact you want to delete.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click Delete.
- Click Delete again.
How to Transfer Contacts from One iPhone to Another?
On the iPhone you want to transfer contacts from, go to the menu: 1) Settings → iCloud and make sure the Contacts switch is active. 2) Go to Settings → iCloud → Backup and click the Create Backup button. Wait for the process to finish.
How to remove unnecessary contacts from telegrams?
Start Telegram and click on the “Menu” button.
- In the menu, click “Contacts”.
- Select the required contact and click on it, for example:
- Go to the contact card by clicking on their name at the top.
- Click the three dots button.
- In the menu that appeared, click “Delete”.
- Confirm the deletion of the contact by clicking OK.
Like iPhone Favorite Contacts?
How to set up favorite contacts in the Phone app
Click on the “Edit” button located in the upper right corner to delete or reorder contacts. 9. You can also add a subscriber to Favorites directly from the contact card by clicking the “Add to Favorites” button.
delete contacts one by one
In order to delete multiple contacts on iPhone, you need to do a couple of simple steps, namely:
- We go to the “Phone” application on the iPhone, open the “Contacts” list
- Next, select the desired name that you want to delete, click on it and get to the menu.
- Click on the “Change” button in the upper right corner
- Scroll down the page to the end, click on the “Delete Contact” button.
- We confirm the action by clicking the button again.
- Done! You were able to successfully and quickly delete a contact from iPhone.
Delete all contacts at once through iTunes
If you do not know how to delete contacts from iPhone all at once, for this you will also need the “beloved” iTunes media combine.
- We connect our device to the computer, go to iTunes.
- When the device is detected, click on it in the upper right corner.
- Go to the section “Information” (Info).
- Next, put a tick in the “Sync Contacts” field and then, just below, in the submenu, select “All Contacts”.
- Next, scroll to the bottom and in the “Advanced” section, put a tick on “Contacts”.
- Next, at the bottom right, click on “Apply”.
- A window will appear that warns that all numbers from the iPhone will be deleted. We agree and click on “Replace information” (Apply).
And now let’s look at a few more ways to just delete contacts from the iPhone, which are available to users with a jailbreak installed. There are also two such methods, but their implementation is interesting.
Erase Contacts program
Erase contacts is an application that can be downloaded from Cydia, specifically from the Bigboss repository. Don’t worry, you don’t need to add it, since this is a repository that is installed in Cydia by default, you don’t need to add it, it has already been done for you.
- Go to Cydia
- After loading, from the bottom right, click on Search and enter Erase Contacts. After the steps taken, you will see something like the following:
- Next, click on Erase Contacts, then Modify (top right) and Install (the Modify button appears together after clicking it). The tweak will be installed.
- Next, on the desktop, click on the Erase Contacts icon that appears.
- Everything deleted!
How to delete contacts from iPhone. all ways
Perhaps each of us was faced with the need to delete contacts from the iPhone. In some cases, a “total cleanup” is required, for example, if you bought a used iPhone and its previous owner did not clean the phone. Today we will take a look at all the existing ways to delete contacts on iPhone.
There are several ways how to delete contacts from iPhone: deleting each entry individually, deleting all contacts from iPhone completely or several selective ones using iCloud. For those who use jailbreak, there are two more ways that we will consider additionally.
Removing from the file system
Yes, you can permanently delete a contact from the iPhone directly by going to the file system.
First, we need one of the file managers for the iPhone. I will show with iTools as an example.
- We go to the file manager, go to the address \ private \ var \ mobile \ Library \ AddressBook
- Delete 2 files: AddressBook.sqlitedb and AddressBookImages.sqlitedb
Everything! Now it only remains to make sure that it is empty, and now you can safely fill the vacant space with your contacts. Good luck!
deleting all contacts in iTunes
This “cleaning” option is especially suitable for users who want to quickly “zero” data in the phone book. And at the same time, do not puzzle yourself with a question, but you can delete contacts from the iPhone using its built-in functions.
Download iTunes manager from offsite and install it on your computer.
Run the application and log in.
Connect iPhone to PC via USB cable.
When the manager detects a connected device, a corresponding icon (a miniature image of a smartphone) will appear on its panel. Left-click on it.
Then go to the Info section.
Check the box next to “Sync Contacts”.
Enable the “All contacts” add-on.
In the “Advanced” preference block, in the “Replace information on this” item list, check the “Contacts” box.
An additional window will open with a warning message about the activation of synchronization. To confirm this action, click “Replace Information”.
selective deletion by standard function
Tap on the contact you want to get rid of.
On the “Data” panel, activate “Change” (button in the upper right corner).
Under the list of contact details, click “Delete contact”.
cleaning with the Erase Contacts utility
- Open the Cydia bar on your iPhone.
- In the search box, enter. Erase Contacts.
- Click the block with the name of the utility in the search results.
- To install the tweak, tap first “Modify” and then “Install”.
- To completely clear the contact database, click the “Erase Contacts” icon on your smartphone desktop.
How to Delete Contacts from iPhone Selectively or Completely
When the phone book in the iPhone is “bursting at the seams” and at the same time is still filled with useless contacts, its owner, of course, is not up to jokes. He will either have to come to terms with the discomfort arising from this chaos of data, or roll up his sleeves and still put things in order in his own device (that is, delete contacts from the iPhone).
If you know how to fight laziness and choose the second option, then check out the various ways to clear the list of contact information and start “cleaning”.
On this Apple service, you can quickly remove a large number of contacts with almost one click.
On a PC or laptop, go to iCloud.com with your Apple ID.
In the submenu of the section, click “All contacts”.
In the next column, in the list, select the names of the subscribers whose phone numbers, ICQ, email you no longer want to see on your iPhone:
- if you need to delete one contact, left-click on it;
- if a group of contacts located in the list next to each other, while holding down the “Shift” key, click on the first and last name (after which all the names of the designated group will be highlighted);
- if there are many contacts, but selectively, hold down the “CTRL” key and select the names of the interlocutors whose data you want to remove.
After selecting to activate cleaning, press “DELETE” (key “Del”).
In the lower left corner, click the “gear” icon.
In the opened context menu of options, select “Refresh Contacts” to synchronize the changes with your phone.
deleting contact base files in iTools
(Only for advanced users!) 1. Install iTools and iTunes on your PC (without the apple application, the iTools file manager does not work!).
Launch the file manager, log in, connect the iPhone.
Click on the “File System” tab.
private.> var.> mobile.> Library.> AddressBook
In the “AddressBook” folder, delete the files AddressBookImages.sqlitedb and AddressBook.sqlitedb.
Let the phone book of your iPhone always contain only useful information.
You can read about how to delete all content from iPhone here.
How to Delete Numbers from Jailbreak iPhone?
The owner of a jailbroken iPhone has more options to delete contacts from a mobile device. He, for example, can use a tweak called Erase Contacts. The tweak is available in the BigBoss repository and is completely free. After installing the application, the following icon appears on the iPhone screen:
Just click on the Erase Contacts icon and confirm the operation. all contacts from the phone book will be deleted.
iPhone 7 How to Delete Contacts iOS 10
There is another way. connect the jailbroken device to a PC and erase contacts through one of the file managers (say, iTools or iFile). In the file system, the telephone directory is stored at privatevarmobileLibraryAddressBook. If the iPhone is not jailbroken, this method will not work. in the “Custom System” section, you simply cannot find the “Private” folder.
How to Delete Contacts from iPhone Manually?
Manual deletion of numbers involves the following actions:
Go to the “Contacts” application on your iPhone and select the contact you want to delete.
Click on the “Change” button in the upper right corner of the screen.
Scroll down to the bottom of the next screen. there you will find the “Delete contact” button.
Confirm that you want to say goodbye to the contact. click “Delete contact” again.
This erasing method is suitable when you want to erase a single number. If you need to clear the directory completely, deleting contacts one at a time will take a lot of time. To accomplish this task, it is better to use special software.
How to delete all contacts on iPhone at once?
There are several ways to clear the phone book on iPhone. The most famous one involves the use of the iTunes media combine. Here’s how to remove all contacts:
Connect your device to PC with USB cable and open iTunes.
Click on the “iPhone” button.
In the “Settings” menu, select the “Information” section.
Check the box next to “Synchronize contacts with” and in the drop-down menu select any option: “Windows Contacts” or “Outlook”. Make sure there is a dot next to “All Contacts”.
Scroll down the page to the “Add-ons” block and put a tick in front of “Contacts”.
Start the synchronization process. click “Apply”.
As the sync progresses, iTunes will replace the contents of the iPhone phonebook with the information stored on your computer. If there is no file of the corresponding format on the PC, it is obvious that the directory will be empty.
There is a faster way to delete all contacts from iPhone is to reset the device completely. To do this, go along the path “Settings”. “General”. “Reset” and select the option “Erase content and settings”.
As a result, not only contacts will disappear from the device, but all user data in general. It is better to do a hard reset just before the sale of the iPhone.
How to quickly delete multiple contacts at once via iCloud?
If you need to delete several contacts at once (but not the entire phone book), you should turn to the iCloud cloud. For the method to work, you must be sure to log in under the same Apple ID on your PC and iPhone.
Let’s describe the entire procedure for deleting numbers via iCloud from beginning to end:
In the “Settings” iPhone, select the section “iCloud”.
Enter your Apple ID and password in the appropriate fields. Then click “Login”.
iPhone asks if you want to merge information on your device with data stored in iCloud. Select the “Combine” option.
Switch the “Contacts” toggle switch to active state.
After that, you can put your iPhone aside.
Log into www.iCloud.com from your PC and enter your Apple ID / password.
Holding CTRL on the keyboard, select the contacts you want to erase.
The selected contacts will appear in the list on the right side of the screen.
Click on the small gear in the lower left corner.
In the menu that appears, select the “Delete” option.
Confirm that you really want to erase the number. click “Delete”.
Wait a few seconds, and you will see how the contacts you deleted via iCloud will disappear from the phone book one by one.
How To Delete Contacts From Iphone 7 / Iphone 7 Plus. Fliptroniks.com
How to Delete Contacts from iPhone?
Deleting contacts directly from iPhone one at a time is no longer easy. it is completely impossible to erase them in groups. IOS developers have made every effort to make users have to puzzle over how to remove numbers. Now many ways are known. the article is devoted to them.
A user who just switched from Android to iPhone will probably be surprised at how complicated and confusing the procedure for deleting a number on an Apple device is. On an Android smartphone, you can simply open the contact’s context menu and tap Delete. On the iPhone, there is neither a context menu, nor a delete key, which would be located in a prominent place. The owner of the gadget will be forced to crawl through the number book to find the desired button.
We’ll make it easy for a novice user and show you how to erase a contact right on iPhone. In addition, we will describe methods of mass deletion of numbers that require the use of special software.
There are tons of ways to delete contacts from iPhone. It is necessary to choose a specific method based on the goal. If a user thinks that a number of useless numbers are cluttering his phone book, he is able to erase several entries at once via iCloud. There is no need to contact iCloud to delete one number. you can perform this operation right on the device. If the user prepares the gadget for sale and wants to erase all contacts, he will have to choose one of two options. use the iTunes media combine or simply perform a complete reset of the gadget through the “Settings”.
How to Delete Contacts from iPhone
If you are preparing the device, for example, for sale, then, in addition to the phone book, you will need to delete other data stored on the device. In this case, it is rational to use the hard reset function, which will delete all content and settings.
Earlier on the site, we have already examined in detail how you can erase data from a device, so we will not dwell on this issue.
Delete contacts from iPhone
As the owner of an apple gadget, you can be sure that there are more than one way to clean up unnecessary phone numbers. We will consider all methods further.
The simplest method, which involves deleting each number separately.
Open the Phone app and go to the Contacts tab. Find and open the number with which further work will be carried out.
It is thanks to the iTunes program that you have the ability to control your Apple gadget from your computer. It can also be used to clear the phone book.
You can delete contacts through iTunes only if the phone book sync with iCloud is deactivated on the phone. To check this, open the settings on the gadget. In the upper area of the window, tap on your Apple ID account.
Go to the iCloud section. If in the window that opens near the item “Contacts” the slider is in the active position, this function will need to be disabled.
Now you can go directly to work with iTunes. Connect iPhone to computer and launch iTunes. When the phone is detected in the program, click on its thumbnail at the top of the window.
On the left side, go to the Details tab. Put the checkbox next to the item “Synchronize contacts with”, and to the right set the parameter “Windows Contacts”.
How to delete all contacts in one go via iTunes?
If you need to completely clear the contact list on your iPhone, connect it to your computer and launch iTunes. Log in to your account by entering a password and login to it.
After that, click on the button in the upper right corner where the icon of your device is displayed:
Next, a window will open with information about your iPhone. After that, click on the “Information” button and wait for a new window to start. We find the item “Synchronize contacts” and select it with a tick. We go down below and select the item “All contacts”:
After that, the system will give you a warning window that all contacts will be replaced and will ask you if we want to continue. Select the “Replace Information” button:
After completing all the above steps, contacts from the iPhone will be completely deleted. As a rule, this procedure takes no more than 5-7 minutes. If you manually clear the phone book, provided that there are 50 contacts in it, then this can take from 20 minutes to half an hour.
Delete contacts on iPhone one by one
This method does not require any software or other manipulations. all actions are carried out using the standard functionality of a smartphone.
How can I delete contacts? To do this, we go to the “Contacts” section in the phone menu.
Next, select the contact that you want to delete from the phone’s memory. To do this, just click on it with one touch. After that, the page of the contact itself will open, where extended information about users is indicated. We find the “Edit” button (for the English version), which is located in the upper right part of the screen:
Next, scroll down the screen to the very end, where the “Delete contact” button, highlighted in red, should be located. Click on it, and the contact will be deleted from the phone’s memory:
How to delete contacts that were uploaded via iCloud?
iOS is a smart system that is able to import contacts of your friends from various social networks, but sometimes it overloads the phone book, leads to the creation of duplicates, etc. How can you delete exactly those contacts that are automatically loaded by the system from iCloud?
To do this, go to the settings section of your phone and select the item of your personal data:
Find iCloud in the list and click on it. A new screen will open, where statistics on the storage fullness will be indicated, as well as a list of applications, data about which are synchronized with the storage. In this list, find the item “Contacts”:
And turn off the slider, it should turn gray. After that, the system will ask you what you want to do with those contacts that were synchronized before. delete or leave in the device memory. You must choose to delete. After that, all contacts that were transferred via iCloud will be completely deleted.
How to selectively delete contacts using a dedicated app?
Due to the fact that the iPhone is a rather limited device in terms of working with contacts and deleting them, developers release special applications to simplify the procedure for cleaning contacts. One of these is Smart Merge. This application allows you not only to clear the contact book, but also to selectively delete contacts. Let’s see how to use it.
First you need to find and download the application to your phone. After downloading, click on the corresponding shortcut on the smartphone desktop. The application will start. Before starting work, it will ask for access to your contacts. you must open it for Smart Merge.
After that, the working panel of the application will open, where you must select the “All contacts” item:
After that, click on the pencil icon in the upper right part of the screen and select from the list all contacts that you would like to delete:
Once selected, in the lower right corner, find the trash can icon and click on it. All selected contacts will be deleted from the phone memory:
You can also use various file managers that also allow you to manage your contacts. They are presented in various versions. We’ll look at a way using iTools. To clean the contacts you need:
- Install the program on a PC and connect your iPhone to it;
- In the working window, enter the following path: privatevarmobileLibraryAddressBook
- Find the sqlitedb and AddressBookImages.sqlitedb files in the opened folder and delete them:
We reboot the smartphone and you’re done. all contacts are deleted.
The fastest and most reliable way
The easiest and fastest way to delete contacts from iPhone is to reset your phone hard. To do this, go to the settings and follow the following path: Basic. Reset. Erase content and settings:
Ways to Delete Contacts in iPhone
To clear iPhone memory, you can delete the entire phone book or just unnecessary contacts. At the same time, it is possible to remove only those numbers that were downloaded via iCloud. To successfully complete the operation, just look at the step-by-step instructions and repeat all the steps on your smartphone.
How to Delete Contacts from Samsung Phone
By default, we will assume that your “Samsung” is not the same age as the samurai, but at least Samsung Galaxy with the Android operating system. These phones are considered one of the most reliable and functional today. In order to use all the functionality built into it, people very often ask questions about how to do it. So, the question of how to delete contacts occurs most often.
Therefore, we offer step-by-step instructions on how to delete contacts on a Samsung Galaxy phone:
- Launch the phone app.
- Click on the “contacts” tab
- Put tags on the numbers that need to be removed.
- Then click on the inscription “delete”.
- A dialog box will appear asking you to confirm your intention to delete the selected numbers. Click on “Ok”.
For those who own the Korean version of the popular device and are authorized with an account on the official Samsung website, you can not only delete, but restore contacts using the proprietary service:
- You need to enter the system menu and go to the “Cloud and accounts” section.
- Open “accounts” and sign in to your Samsung account.
- There, open the “additional menu” and click on “delete”, confirm the action and restart the phone. Log in to your account and all data from your account should be synchronized with your device.
- If this did not happen, then you can manually transfer the deleted numbers to the contact book.
Delete contacts from iPhone
Owners of iPhones with iOS are well aware of all the “delights” of this device. To compensate for all the inconveniences of using this phone, only an exorbitant sense of pride, bursting with a person from owning an expensive iPhone, can. But they, as mere mortals, sometimes need to delete unnecessary contacts, and the developers of this phone have made a lot of efforts to make a simple user literally “curse” on this procedure. But, as soon as you still need to get rid of unnecessary contacts, we will arm ourselves with the knowledge of how this can be done.
Deleting Contacts from iPhone Manually
If you need to delete one or a couple of numbers, then this method of deleting contacts is for you. It is necessary to act according to the following algorithm:
- You need to enter the “Contacts” application.
- Select the phone number to be deleted.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click on the “change” button.
- On the page that opens, scroll down to the very end, and you will see the “delete contact” button. Feel free to click on it one, and then another time with a small interval.
The contact will be deleted. But this is a tedious and long business, especially if you need to delete all contacts. Read how to find your Apple ID.
How to delete contacts from an Android phone
Modern smartphones with Android OS are designed in such a way that synchronization prevents phone numbers from being changed in memory at will. In addition, she automatically adds popular instant messengers to the list of contacts. Thus, you no longer own the contacts, but they, sorry, own you. Fortunately, this situation is fixable. You need to delete contacts, how to do it on Android OS:
- You need to find an application that stores a list of them. In some phones it is under the heading “contacts”, and in some it is under the icon, depicting a notebook with a sketchy silhouette of a man.
- Click on it, and you will see a list of contacts.
- Select the one you want to delete, press on it with your finger until a new menu appears, in which select “Delete” or “Delete”. Some phones may display trash can or trash can icons.
- Click on it, and then confirm your action by clicking on “Ok” in the dialog box.
On some phones, the menu is called up by a special button, which must be held down until the desired list appears. And then proceed according to the algorithm.
Delete contacts from any phone model
Suppose that you decide to sell your phone or donate. Naturally, it must be cleaned as much as possible of all the information you need, and, above all, of contacts. Not all phones have the option to delete contacts in one click. Therefore, the process of deleting contacts can take an hour or more, depending on your interactivity. How to do it many times faster. the information is very relevant, and you will master it right now.