How to Delete Data from Old iPhone
How to Transfer Data to New iPhone Using iCloud
If you use iCloud cloud storage, you can take a backup from there, and transfer all data wirelessly. For starters, it’s best to manually start creating a backup on your old device before installing it on your new iPhone. This will ensure that all the latest information has been archived and transferred.
1: take your old iPhone.
2: Make sure your iPhone or iPad is connected to Wi-Fi. (If it’s discharged, plug it into the charger.)
3: Go to your old iPhone in Settings
5: Find and go to Backup
6: Click on Create Backup
7: When the backup is finished, turn off your old iPhone
8: remove the SIM card from the old iPhone
Be sure to wait until the backup is complete before proceeding.
1: Insert your SIM card into the new iPhone and turn it on.
2: Start configuring it, choose a language, connect to a Wi-FI network.
3: On the iPhone Settings page, select Recover from iCloud Copy
4: Log into your iCloud account. (Enter your Apple ID and password.) And click Next
5: Select the last backup from the list and enter the iCloud password (if required)
Depending on how much data will be downloaded, including music and apps, this may take some time. Stay within Wi-Fi range as much as possible to speed up the process.
Your iPhone can get very hot in the process, and the battery drains heavily during recovery. Do not worry, after recovery the temperature will return to normal.
How to Automatically Transfer Data from Old iPhone to New
In iOS 11 and newer, it is possible to quickly transfer data from one iPhone to another. The only condition is that both smartphones must be next to each other. So, let’s begin:
1: Turn on your new iPhone or iPad and place it next to your old device (both devices must have iOS 11 or newer).
2: On the new iPhone, the “Quick Start” window should appear, where you will be prompted to set up a new device and enter your Apple ID.
3: After that, an image should appear on the new iPhone, scan it with the old iPhone.
4: When prompted for passcode, enter passcode from old iPhone on new.
5: set up Touch ID on your new iPhone or iPad.
6: You should now be prompted to restore data to a new iPhone from your last compatible backup.
7: Choose what you want to restore to a new device a backup from iCloud or iTunes, set up as a new iPhone or iPad, or transfer data from an Android device.
8: Agree to the terms.
9: Choose whether you want to transfer some of the settings related to “Siri”, “Find my iPhone”, Apple Pay, location and privacy.
10: Complete the process of setting up your new iPhone or iPad.
How to Transfer Data to New iPhone from Old Smartphone to Android or Windows
If you decide to switch from an Android or Windows Phone smartphone, you can also transfer some data from them to the iPhone, although not all, for example, you cannot transfer applications.
How to Transfer All Data from Old iPhone to New iPhone
In this tutorial, I have described the easiest and best way to transfer all data from your old iPhone to a new one? Step by step.
So you’ve bought a new iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, or iPhone 12 Pro Max, and now you need to transfer all your data from your old iPhone to your new iPhone. Now you want to transfer the data that was on your previous iPhone to your new one, but how to do it? There are several different ways to do this, such as using iCloud or using a wired connection to your Mac or PC. Below are the best ways to transfer data to new iPhone.
How to Transfer Data to New iPhone with iTunes
You need a Lightning cable or a 30-pin cable (if it’s iPhone 4S or older).
2: Connect your old iPhone to your Mac or Windows computer.
4: Click on the iPhone icon in the menu bar.
5: Choose to encrypt local copy and add password.
6: If you are asked about creating a backup copy of the applications, click skip. (They will install anyway)
7: Wait for the backup to complete.
8: Disconnect the old iPhone from the computer, turn it off and remove the SIM card from it.
9: Insert the SIM card into your new iPhone and turn it on.
10: connect your new iPhone to your Mac or Windows computer.
11: Start configuring it, choose a language, connect to a Wi-FI network.
12: On the Set up iPhone page, select Recover from iTunes copy
13: In iTunes on your Mac or Windows, choose restore from backup
14: Select the last backup from the list and enter the password.
Depending on the size of your backup, apps and music, you may have to wait a while for all of this to load. Do not disconnect iPhone until the backup is finished. At the end of the process, the device can be used.
Questions about data migration?
If you have any difficulties or if you still have questions about transferring data from one iPhone to another, write in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев below.!
Transfer iTunes Backup to iPhone 11 or iPhone 11 Pro
- Turn on your new iPhone. When your device turns on, follow the instructions on the screen.
- When prompted to set up iPhone. click “Recover from iTunes Backup”.
- Now connect your new iPhone to iTunes (on the same computer that you backed up your old iPhone to).
- iTunes will ask you to restore data from a backup or set up as new. Select the backup of your old device and click Continue (make sure iTunes shows you the latest backup of your old iPhone). Please note that restoring from a backup can take a long time and depends on the size of the backup and the speed of your internet connection.
- When the restore process is complete, your new iPhone will restart. Then it will be ready to use. You must keep your new iPhone connected to iTunes to sync data not backed up (such as music, videos, apps, etc.).
- You can check and change the sync data by clicking the sync tabs in iTunes.
- If you haven’t encrypted your iPhone backup. you will also need to enter a password for your Apple ID, email and other accounts, and voicemail. Passwords are not recovered on a new device for security reasons.
Set up Face Face / Touch ID on your new iPhone
Enter your old iPhone passcode on your new iPhone. After a minute, you will be prompted to set up Face ID / Touch ID on your new device.
Continue the installation process
Continue with the installation process, in which you will have to accept several conditions. After that, the actual data transfer process will begin, which can take from a few minutes to an hour or two, depending on the amount of data you have.
Back up with iTunes
- Make sure you have installed the latest version of iTunes. You can update it via Software Update or download it from Apple website.
- Connect iPhone to a computer that has the latest version of iTunes.
- Select your old iPhone in iTunes under Devices.
- Click File Devices Transfer Purchases to save downloaded content from the iTunes Store or App Store.
- If you also want to transfer passwords, health and activity data to your new iPhone, then you need to encrypt your iPhone backup. This will back up your keychain information, which includes email account passwords, Wi-Fi passwords and passwords you enter on websites, as well as status and activity data. Select the “Encrypt [device] backup” checkbox and select a password. You have not forgotten this password, then you will not be able to restore the backup to your iPhone.
- Click Back Up Now.
- To make sure the backup was successful, go to iTunes Settings Devices. You should see the name of your old iPhone along with the date and time of the last backup.
You can now transfer iTunes backup to new iPhone 11 or iPhone 11 Pro.
Scan animation on new iPhone from old iPhone
To pair both phones, you will need to scan the item displayed on your new iPhone with your old phone. If the camera on your old iPhone is not working, you can use the “Authenticate manually” option. This will help complete the pairing process.
What You Need to Know About the iPhone Migration Tool
- You begin the migration process by simply bringing your old iPhone to your new iPhone. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on on both devices.
- While the process can be done wirelessly, you can also use a Lightning cable along with an appropriate adapter to transfer data over a wired connection.
- You will have to use the same Apple ID on your new iPhone as your old iPhone.
- Depending on the amount of data transferred, the entire process may take an hour or two.
- In addition to transferring your data, you also have the option to transfer your system settings.
- You will also be prompted to choose if you want to automatically pair your Apple Watch with your new iPhone.
- All apps will be downloaded from the App Store, so you’ll need an active (and fast) internet connection during the process.
- Your old iPhone must be running iOS 12.4 or higher.
Unpair Apple Watch
If you own an Apple Watch and plan to transfer content to your new iPhone, then first you need to disconnect the Apple Watch from your current iPhone. This will automatically back up your watch. Your Apple Watch is also automatically backed up whenever you back up your iPhone to iTunes or iCloud.
Set up another device for 2-step verification
If you’ve enabled 2-Step Verification for your Apple ID and your old iPhone is set as the primary device for 2-Step Verification, then it’s recommended that you set up a different trusted device. This will allow you to verify your Apple ID when setting up your new iPhone.
Then you can transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone using iTunes or iCloud by following these instructions.
How to Transfer Data from Old iPhone to New iPhone
Got a new iPhone? You might be wondering how to transfer data to a new iPhone from your old iPhone. Transferring data from an old iPhone to a new one can be a nightmare for many users, as they never stop worrying about losing their data throughout the process. In this article, we suggest the best ways to transfer all the contents of your old iPhone to your new iPhone.
How to Transfer Data from Old iPhone to New iPhone
You can also transfer data using iTunes. Follow below steps to transfer data to new iPhone.
Launch the latest version of iTunes and connect your old iPhone to it. Select your device. In the “Backup” section, click on “Create a copy now”.
Once the process is complete, check for a backup in the Settings section of Devices. The backup is displayed here.
After that, on the new device on the initial screen “Applications and Data” select the option “Restore from a copy of iTunes”.
Alternatively, you can connect your device to your PC and launch iTunes. Select your new device. In the “Backup” section, select “Recover from a copy”. Wait for the process to complete.
Thus, you now know how to transfer data to new iPhone using iTunes. Please note that if you have already installed something on a new iPhone, all content will be erased and replaced with backup files.
ways to transfer data from old iPhone to new
How to Transfer Data to New iPhone Using iCloud
Another way to exchange data between iPhones is using iCloud cloud storage. To transfer content to your new iPhone, follow the steps below.
Back up your old iPhone to iCloud. If you have iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings iCloud Backup. If you have the latest version of iOS, go to Settings [your name] iCloud iCloud Backup. Make sure the iCloud backup switch is turned on. Click on “Create Backup”. Wait for the process to complete.
After that, on the new device in the “Programs and Data” window, click on “Recover from iCloud Copy”.
Log into your iCloud account using your Apple ID and password. Select the copy to restore. Stay connected to the Internet until the process is complete. It will help you transfer data from your old iPhone to your new one.
If you have been using a new iPhone for some time, then to restore from an iCloud copy, you will need to first reset the device to factory settings. Just go to Settings General Reset Erase Content and Settings. After entering the correct password, the “Programs and Data” window will open.
How to Transfer All Data to New iPhone without iTunes
If you are wondering how to transfer all data from old iPhone to new iPhone. use the Tenorshare iTransGo program. This application allows you to transfer any type of data with just one click. User can directly transfer data such as images, videos, contacts, messages and more instead of backing up and then restoring data from it. In addition, this program allows you to transfer data selectively, and not a complete package (often unnecessary) files.
And now the fun part. users can also transfer apps and data saved in apps. In addition, the program supports all types of files and documents. If you want to know how to transfer data to a new iPhone, follow the instructions below.
Launch the program and connect 2 iPhones that will participate in the process. Then designate the source and destination devices and click “Next”.
As soon as you click “Next”, the program will start analyzing the data and present you with a list of them. Select the data you want to transfer. After selecting the data, click on “Start Transfer”.
The program will start transferring data. The process may take several minutes depending on the amount of data. Do not disconnect any of the devices. When the process is complete, the message “Transfer complete!” (“Transfer Completed!”). This is the easiest way to transfer data to a new iPhone.
The usual way. Transferring data using iCloud
To trigger the chip, you need two Apple smartphones running iOS 11 or newer. One iPhone should be at the initial setup stage, and the second is already a working device from which we will transfer data.
Turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on both devices and place them close to each other.
On the “old” iPhone, a window will appear prompting you to activate the “Quick Start” feature. We confirm the operation.
A beautiful animation will appear on the “new” iPhone, which should be scanned by the camera of the “old” iPhone.
After that, the process of transferring data, passwords and settings will start. At the same time, you will need to make the initial setup of the smartphone, set an unlock password, sign in to iCloud and set up Touch ID or Face ID.
After the transfer, the system will offer to restore the rest of the data from available backups to iCloud.
How to transfer data from old iPhone to new one. Handicraft method by cable
After purchasing a new smartphone, active users of Apple technology immediately transfer all their favorite applications, data and other content to it. Previously, computers with the iTunes application installed were used for this, later a more convenient method with a backup in the cloud appeared.
Not everyone knows that Cupertinos have come up with an even easier and more convenient way to copy data. Now we will tell you how it works.
A tricky way. Direct cable transfer
This feature will be available if both smartphones have iOS 12.4 or a later version of the mobile operating system. The advantage of this method is the ability to quickly transfer data without a long download of programs and games from the cloud.
Turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on both devices and place them close to each other.
On the “old” iPhone, a window will appear prompting you to activate the “Quick Start” feature. We confirm the operation.
We scan the animation from the screen of the “new” smartphone using the camera of the “old”.
Further, there will be two transfer options available to choose from: wireless and wired.
In the first case, smartphones need to be connected to charging and they must be within the coverage area of the same Wi-Fi network.
In the second case, you will need a couple of accessories: a USB-Lightning cable and a Lightning adapter with USB input. You will find a simple “lanyard” included with every iPhone, but you will have to purchase a USB cable.
In the future, it will come in handy for connecting wired accessories or flash drives.
In the case of cable transfer, we collect not the most beautiful design and confirm the data transfer.
On the “new” iPhone, you will have to make some initial settings and activate Touch ID or Face ID.
When the “new” iPhone restarts, the data recovery process is complete.
As a result, we will get a smartphone with identical settings and content inside.
Which option to choose
All the options presented help to transfer all the necessary data to the new iPhone as quickly as possible, choose the appropriate one depending on the circumstances.
The most versatile way is to transfer data via iCloud. Works on a large number of devices (with iOS 11 or newer), does not require additional accessories. However, this will require the purchased space in the Apple cloud in order for the iPhone backup to fit in iCloud.
The wireless transfer method will be faster and will not use iCloud. All you need is an available Wi-Fi network and charging for a pair of smartphones.
The fastest way would be cable transfer. This will require an additional accessory, but smartphones do not need charging and a shared network during transfer. At the same time, the data will be loaded as quickly as possible.
Do not forget that the new feature works only on iOS 12.4 or newer versions of the mobile operating system.
How to Remove iCloud from Old iPhone?
How to Remove iPhone or iPad from Apple ID to iCloud Remotely
If the device is offline, click Remove from Find iPhone. If the device is online. in the window that appears on the right, select “Erase iPhone”. Confirm the deletion and complete the procedure by clicking “Remove from account”.
How to reset iPhone 6?
- Go to Home screen.
- Next, select Settings.
- Click General.
- Select Reset, then the option to Erase all data and factory reset.
- Confirm intent.
- Enter your password if required.
- Confirm your choice and wait for the operation to complete.
How to turn off photo syncing between Apple devices?
To turn off iCloud Photos on all devices, follow these steps.
- On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings [your name] iCloud Manage Storage Photos, then click Disconnect & Remove.
- On a Mac, go to Apple’s System Preferences iCloud.
How to Delete Data from Old iPhone?
Erasing Data from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to the menu “Settings” “General” “Reset” Then click “Erase content and settings”.
- Enter your device password or Apple ID password when prompted. Then confirm that you want to erase the data from the device.
- Wait for the data to be erased
How to Delete All Data from iPhone from Computer?
- Go to iCloud Settings and turn off Find My iPhone.
- Go to the menu “Settings → General → Reset”;
- Select the item “Erase content and settings”;
- Enter the lock screen password;
- Confirm data deletion.
How to factory reset iPhone 6 with buttons?
- Press and release the volume up button.
- Press and release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.
- So to implement a Hard Reset, you need to hold down the volume down and Power buttons until the Apple logo appears.
How to Factory Reset iPhone if Forgot iCloud Password?
- Go to the “Settings” menu.
- Click [your name] Password & Security Change Password.
- If you are signed in to iCloud and have password enabled, you will be prompted for a password for your device.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to change your password.
How to Factory Reset iPhone without Passcode?
While holding the volume down button, connect your iPhone to your computer. Hold the volume down button until the recovery mode screen appears. If you have a backup of iPhone data, after removing the password, restore the data and settings.
How to uninstall iCloud
Each gadget owner has a personal iCloud, all photos, documents, music records and videos are stored in the account. If the user decides not only to disable the profile, but also to clear it, then all data from the phone will be deleted. For this reason, it is recommended to consider whether there is a need to remove cloud storage. If the owner decided to reset the account on the iPhone, then he can do it according to the following scheme:
- first, the user must go to the section with the gadget settings;
- then select the item “iCloud”;
- now in the list it is necessary to click on the name “Delete account”;
- for the data to be cleared, you will need to confirm the deletion procedure;
- the phone will display a message about whether you want to save the settings and contacts that are in Safari and on your smartphone;
- the owner can erase them or save the necessary data;
- now the user will be required to enter the password for accessing the profile;
- then the “Find iPhone” function is disabled, if the option is activated.
- When the actions are completed, iCloud will be removed from the phone.
Is it possible to delete an account on a gadget
If a user needs to unlink an iPhone from an Apple ID, there are several ways to do this. For example, it is possible to erase all data. The company also proposes to uninstall via iTunes.
- If the user decides to remove all data from the device, then it will be impossible to restore the deleted profile. You will need to use a different email address to create a new account. The same e-mail address cannot be used. In order not to lose all files from your smartphone, you can create a backup.
How to Delete Apple ID on iPhone
In 2018, Apple offered users the option to delete their account. This means that it will be impossible to recover data after its destruction. This method may be needed by the user in the event that the sale of a smartphone is required or the cell phone has been lost. Learn more about how to unlink iPhone from Apple ID.
How to change your email address
The owner can set up personal data on the company’s website. If you need to change the parameters of the e-mail box, you must follow the following instructions:
- throwing off mail data is not difficult, for this you need to go to the Apple website;
- when the transition to the page is completed, you need to scroll to the end;
- the user should find the item “Manage your Apple ID”;
- as soon as the link is completed, the client will see the account data;
- now you need to log in to the system;
- further, the owner needs to answer two questions that were set during registration in the account;
- the “Change” button is pressed, the button is located next to the profile parameters;
- now the owner clicks on the “Change Apple ID” button;
- a form will be displayed on the screen, a new e-mail address is entered into it;
- answers to security questions are again indicated;
- if the user does not remember the answers, the “Reset” key is pressed;
- a message will be sent to the specified mail to confirm the change of address.
As soon as the owner clicks on the link in the email, he / she confirms the changes to the account settings. After that, you can register a new Apple ID profile.
Unbinding method through the Apple portal
The owner can independently sign out of the Apple ID, the available methods for signing out of the profile have been described above. If the options presented earlier do not suit the client, he can use the official website of the company. To do this, the user is advised to follow the instructions:
- the name of the site is entered in the browser line and the page is entered;
- then you should log in to the profile to get into your personal profile;
- now you need to find the item “Delete” on the screen;
- before removing Apple ID from iPhone, you need to indicate the reason for the procedure;
- a form will be displayed on the page, the necessary data for feedback is entered into it;
- now the owner must confirm the desire to delete the account.
When the deletion request is submitted, it will take a few minutes to process it. A link will be displayed on the screen. You need to go to it in order to clear all data.
How to completely delete a profile
If it is necessary to delete the old owner’s Apple ID account, then the customer can apply this reset option. After completing the procedure, the password and other cellular data will be erased. We recommend that you only delete your account if you cannot do without it. often this method is resorted to if you want to untie the e-mail box.
If we look at the settings of the smartphone, then the user may notice that there is no function for completely deleting the account. For this reason, if the owner wants to delete the account on the iPhone, he will have to contact the technical department of the company. To do this, you must follow these instructions:
- first, a browser opens on the computer;
- the name of the company is entered into the address bar and the transition to the main page is made;
- now you should find the item “Apple specialists” on the screen;
- when the transition is made, the owner selects “Get help”;
- several options will be displayed on the screen, you should select the subsection “Apple ID”;
- here the owner will not find the item he needs, so the section titled “About Apple ID” is selected;
- then you should indicate that the topic is not in the list;
- now a description of the question is required from the user;
- only 140 characters are placed in the window, so it will not be possible to describe the situation in detail;
- it is recommended to state the requirements clearly and concisely;
- as soon as the letter is written, you should click on the “Continue” button;
- after pressing a key, the system may prompt you to contact the technical department for hot line mowing;
- if the user can conduct a dialogue, he must select the appropriate item;
- additionally, the contact number for communication is indicated.
- In 5-10 seconds the phone will receive an incoming call from the company’s consultant. He will tell you in detail how to unlink iPhone from Apple ID.
How to delete everything from your iPhone before selling it
Can i reset via iTunes
User can learn how to remove Apple ID by applying iTunes app. To do this, the owner will need access to a computer running Windows or MAC. The following scheme is used to clear information:
- iTunes starts on the stationary computer;
- then you need to find the “Store” section;
- here the “Enter” key is pressed;
- the user must provide their Apple ID login information;
- in the settings section you should find the item to enter your account;
- the owner makes the necessary changes;
- on the official website the same actions are performed.
When the procedure is completed, the gadget owner’s profile will be erased.
Why is it needed?
As mentioned above, the iPhone does not suffer from cache and extra data, but only as long as the space does not run out altogether. If the phone simply has nowhere to store data, it can begin to behave completely unpredictable. If your gadget starts to freeze, unload applications from memory, perhaps the reason lies in the lack of memory and it’s time to think about cleaning.
Another situation in which you will need to resort to this procedure is resale. Before you sell a gadget, you should erase all your data from it.
Cleaning your phone using a computer
Many experienced users recommend that when new firmwares are released, install them, as they say, “clean”. Thus, the system will not be left with unnecessary cache and application data, which can lead to errors or slow down the OS.
To do this, you need a firmware file and iTunes installed on your computer. With your phone connected to your computer, select it in iTunes. Hold down the Shift key and right-click on “Software Update”. Find the firmware file and select it, then the procedure for reinstalling the operating system will begin without saving any data.
Another option is to do a clean stop. enable DFU mode, which allows you to perform this procedure. The main question is how? You can clear “iPhone 5S” like any other model from recovery mode. Connect your device to your computer and hold down the Lock / Power and Home buttons. Wait 10 seconds, release the Lock / Power button and continue to hold the Home button. iTunes will understand that the device is entered in DFU and will offer to restore.
How to remove everything from “iPhone”?
First, you need to decide what data you want to erase. It so happens that by “everything” users mean only applications, photos or music, which began to take up a lot of space. Deletion of this data can be done without resorting to a complete cleaning of the phone.
- Unnecessary applications can be cleaned out manually. Click on any of them on the desktop and hold. As soon as they start to move, click the cross above the ones you want to delete.
- If photos take up a lot of space, you should launch the “iCloud Media Library”, which will independently upload images to the “Cloud” and free up space.
- To get rid of the accumulated music cache, you should turn off the “iCloud Music Library”, wait until it is deleted, then turn it on again (Music collection will be saved, but offline files will be erased).
- If Safari data is taking up a lot of space, you can also clear it without resetting your device. For example, delete “Offline Reading List”.
So, before you delete everything from the “iPhone”, think about whether you can cope with the above methods and not lose important data, including messages and call history. If this is not your case and you have come to find out how to completely clear your “iPhone”, continue reading.
If you need to delete absolutely all data, you need to go to the device settings, item “General” “Reset” and select the second item. iPhone will destroy all data except for those stored in the “Cloud”.
How to remove everything from “iPhone”. Basic ways
The iPhone, powered by the iOS operating system, is a paragon of stability and security. The system is not susceptible to the attack of viruses, failures are extremely rare, the system intelligently controls resources, does not become heavy and slow after a long period of use. Despite this, there are situations when it is necessary to perform a full reset of the software and the question of how to remove everything from the “iPhone” is extremely acute. How to delete data from a smartphone, and will be discussed in this material.
How to clear “iPhone” online?
Often, users are faced with such a need. There can be a lot of reasons. One of the first is a locked phone, a forgotten password, in this case it is impossible to access the settings and reset from the phone, and it will also not be possible to connect to the computer (you will need to enter the password on the phone). Also, the question. “How to remove everything from the iPhone” is asked by those who are unlucky enough to become a victim of thieves: if the device is stolen, it is necessary to immediately destroy all the data on it so that the attackers could not use your messages, photos and other confidential data.
Help with this site iCloud.com and the function “Find iPhone”. Log in with your Apple ID, open the Find My iPhone app. In the list of devices, find the gadget you want to reset. When you select it, you will be asked to enter your Apple ID password again for confirmation. As soon as you do this, the procedure for removing content from the phone will begin.
Before you clear your iPhone, please understand that some data cannot be recovered. Some of them can be restored from the iCloud cloud the next time the gadget is turned on. The part can be stored in an online backup of the device. Everything except your messages, call history and health data.
If this data is important to you and you would not like to lose it, you should create a special backup using iTunes. To do this, when creating a backup on your computer, you must check the box next to “Encrypt iPhone backup”.
How to Delete Data from iPhone When Selling?
Removing personal information from your old device
- If your iPhone is paired with your Apple Watch, unpair.
- Back up your data on your device.
- Sign out of iCloud, iTunes Store, and App Store.
- Return to the Settings screen and tap General Reset Erase Content and Settings.
How to clear telegrams in iPhone?
Open Telegram. Go to Settings → Data and Memory → Memory Usage. Just like WhatsApp, there will be information about how much space is used by chats and channels. To immediately clear all data, you need to click the “Clear cache” button.
How to Delete iCloud Account of Previous iPhone User?
Disconnecting Apple ID Account on iPhone
STEP 1. Go to Settings. iCloud. STEP 2. Scroll down the screen and click Exit, then click Exit again. STEP 3. When asked what to do with the data, click on “Remove from iPhone”, then enter your Apple ID password. May 4, 2020.
How to lock your iPhone if it is stolen?
Your iPhone was stolen? How to block it remotely
- Go to iCloud.com and log in with the Apple ID that was used on the device.
- Open Find iPhone.
- Select your iPhone from the dropdown list at the top.
- In the window that appears, click on “Lost Mode” and enter the password to lock the iPhone with it.
Check before recovery
If you are wondering: “How to fully format the iPhone correctly?”, Then the information presented below is for you. Verification is required before formatting the iPhone. This can be done on the IMEI.info website. However, the service is not perfect, to put it mildly. The service is provided only if the following conditions are met:
- Registration via mailbox.
- Repost in one of the social networks records with paid services.
In addition, sometimes this site is simply unavailable, it is likely due to the influx of those who need to check. You can also go to iphoneox.info. Checking a smartphone, like some other services, is free, as evidenced by the Free sign, the only service is less convenient to use.
The first thing to do is to determine the IMEI number of the phone. To do this, go to “About this device” through “Settings” and “General”. This combination is entered in the field of the online service; without it, it is impossible to make a request to the official manufacturer’s database. This is practically all that is required to test the gadget. You also recognize the captcha and press the Check button, the procedure takes no more than 10 seconds. If next to the blocking status there is a signature “Unblocked”, then you can start restoring.
It is definitely worth doing this in order to know everything about the cellular, the information will be useful in the future.
If you have lost your device, then you can carry out the procedure we are considering remotely. By doing this, you will prevent documents and data of value from leaking out. You can use this function and get rid of all data from your smartphone only if you have activated such a function as “Find iPhone”.
Remote formatting can be divided into the following steps:
- Go to iCloud.com and enter your ID and password.
- Go to “Find iPhone”.
- In the “Find iPhone” section, enter your ID and password again.
- The All Devices menu appears. In it, select the device to be restored.
- Click on “Erase iPhone” and confirm the action by entering the password again.
This method is relevant for discharged devices and those that are turned off.
Removing all information from the iPhone, complete instructions
Important contacts, correspondence with family, friends and work colleagues, photos and videos, passwords are just a small list of what is stored in the phone of a modern person. No one wants their personal data to fall into the wrong hands. This is not only frustrating but can lead to serious problems. Today we’re going to talk about how to get your iPhone ready for sale. precisely, how to delete all information. This will be relevant, and if you need to clean up the “trash” from the old iPhone and delete temporary files.
Cleaning using the software interface
If the computer is not at hand, then it’s okay. You can also remove personal data from your phone using the software interface. There is nothing complicated here either:
- Disable Find My iPhone. To do this, go to the “Settings”.
- If you forgot your password, please restore it before proceeding with formatting.
- Go to “Reset” through “Settings” and “General”. Click on “Erase Content and Settings”.
- Enter password. Here you need not a password from the device, but a security code consisting of 4 digits.
- Confirm that you want to get rid of the data.
With custom firmware, you will not be able to restore the phone using software. In this case, either formatting via iTunes, or remote formatting. If you neglect this advice, it may happen that the smartphone simply stops loading and it becomes impossible to sell it.
All of the above methods are suitable for cleaning up “trash” from an old iPhone and in order to delete temporary files.
Switching iPhones? Don’t delete photos on the old iPhone yet
It is not correct to use the concept of “formatting”, especially when it is complete in relation to Apple products. The fact is that its operating system is of a closed type. Many people think that formatting is the deletion of all information. However, this point of view is erroneous. The information is not destroyed, but “links” to it are erased, after which a new markup is already created, without using the old links.
In simple terms, a crumpled piece of paper is straightened so that you can write on it. The file system of Apple products, as noted above, is factory-specific. Engineers are not looking for easy ways, but this concept has a lot of advantages. For example, the absence of viruses, in contrast to the same Android from Google.
So, what should you do before selling, how to remove everything from a gadget? We will try to answer this question in detail, starting with standard methods.
Cleaning iPhone via iTunes
There is nothing difficult in how to format a smart device from Apple, the main thing is to follow the sequence of actions and not to confuse anything. Before formatting your cellular via iTunes, think about which version of the operating system will be suitable and download the appropriate firmware. Then proceed like this:
- Turn on the computer and connect the gadget to it.
- Go to the control menu and click on the icon with the image of the gadget.
- Select IPSW and open it.
- After the IPSW download is complete and the procedure will begin.
If you interrupt the connection between the computer and the smartphone by disconnecting the USB cable, then you can turn the device into a useless piece of hardware.
Now you know how to properly format iPhone. Agree, there is nothing supernatural in this.
The iOS operating system has a standard feature called “recovery”. After this procedure has been completed, the phone is ready for sale. Since ordinary people do not distinguish between the concepts we have considered, then we will allow ourselves to use them as equivalent. Let’s take a closer look at how to clean up data using standard tools.