How to distribute the Internet from a Samsung to a laptop
The instructions below can be summarized at the following
And who loves details and text, we do it step by step as I do. Sharing internet on Android is not that difficult, even for complete dummies:
- In Wireless networks, tap on “”.
- We select “Modem mode”. This is the very function of creating an access point, despite all the veil of the name.
- The settings allow you to organize the distribution of the Internet to all channels at once. In this section, we are now interested in. “Wi-Fi access point” and its configuration through “Access point settings”.
- “Manage allowed devices” and then we mark “Connect all devices”. so that others can connect to you without restrictions. Otherwise, you will have to add each device manually.
- We make the settings ourselves. “Wi-Fi access point” and set the desired network name and password:
- After closing the wifi with a password, the access point needs to be activated. put a tick and get a message that everything is active:
All! You can connect to the phone, the Internet will be distributed quietly. In the same settings, all connected devices will be displayed (you can also disable them here):
And again for Samsung. There are small differences, but they do not differ from the general scheme:
I could not ignore the lovers of apple products. Nothing complicated, it’s Apple)
- The password is created here immediately, if you wish, you can change it, but it’s easier to immediately activate the point:
Phone to phone
A very common situation is to transfer the Internet from one phone to another phone. you also create an access point using any of the above methods, calmly connect from your Android or iPhone.
Another analogue. only with a simpler interface and in Russian. But not a single program will do its own thing. So choose any, download, use. But it is better to learn how to do it without third-party software. there is less risk of infecting yourself with some kind of infection on your phone.
The first method is the most common. You have a mobile Internet connection and want to create an access point using the built-in Wi-Fi in your phone. Previously, this had to be done with shamanic dances, but now everything comes out of the box for any device. But mobile operators of cellular communication are also on the alert and can impose restrictions on this method of distribution, up to an additional fee. Let’s see how this is done for all modern mobile operating systems.
Your smartphone will not be a full-fledged router, but it is quite capable of providing several devices with the Internet. For permanent work, it is better to get a good router.
From phone to tablet
A separate subcategory, but in fact there is nothing special here. The Internet from the phone to the tablet must be distributed in the same way as usual: we create a Wi-Fi access point, connect to it on the tablet. everything works.
The main thing here is to understand that a modern tablet is the same computer with an operating system. be it Android, iOS, or even, as in my case, with a full-fledged Windows.
First, you need to connect the phone to the computer. Everything will set up by itself, the time for complex manual settings is gone with Windows XP. Windows 7 and Windows 10 deal with this as nothing to do.
A slightly less popular system, but it also copes with the task with a bang. And again, step by step:
- Shared Internet. for me, the name is even more understandable than Modem mode, at least somewhere Microsoft has outstripped Android)
- We choose. via Wi-Fi. Choice again, as in the previous section:
- After creating the password, you can activate the network (you can do this before, but I am a supporter of security):
You can connect! And again, in the settings, you can see the connected guests:
Sharing via Bluetooth on Samsung phones
Another connection method, which is less popular than the previous two, is via Bluetooth. But this option has significant drawbacks:
- low speed of the wireless connection;
- signal instability.
This function is not available for many users. Step-by-step guide to sharing Wi-Fi via Bluetooth on a Samsung smartphone:
- All the necessary parameters are in the item “Mobile hotspot”.
- Next, there you need to activate the Bluetooth modem function.
- Then you need to connect another device. Windows 10 users may experience difficulties because regular pairing may not work.
- On a computer / laptop, right-click on the Bluetooth icon.
- In the menu that appears, select the item “Joining a personal network”.
- In the list of devices, you need to select a smartphone and right-click on it and select a connection. via an access point or direct connection.
- The smartphone will ask you to allow the connection.
- On the computer, in the list of available devices, “Network connection via Bluetooth” should appear.
Attention! Due to the fact that such a wireless connection has an unstable signal, the smartphone cannot be held at a great distance.
Many users report that the network is malfunctioning and pages load slowly. So they choose to create a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot or using a USB cable.
How to distribute the Internet from a Samsung via Wi-Fi
It is most convenient to distribute the Internet in this way to a stationary computer, TV or other mobile. It should be borne in mind that the mobile operator’s Internet will be used. Therefore, it is necessary to correctly calculate the traffic and choose a suitable tariff. Instructions on how to distribute the Internet from Samsung:
- On a Samsung smartphone, go to “Settings” and select “Connection”.
- In the “Connection”, among the proposed options, you will need “Mobile point and modem”. If a message appears asking you to turn off Wi-Fi, you must agree.
- To distribute Wi-Fi, you need to create a mobile point.
- To change the standard data, click on the name of the point and make changes.
- After that, the user will be able to connect to a wireless connection from other devices using the traffic of the cellular operator.
But before sharing the Internet with Samsung, Honor needs the following nuances:
- you should make sure that the signal of the mobile connection is stable, otherwise the connection may be malfunctioning;
- if the phone does not distribute Wi-Fi, you will have to familiarize yourself with the features of the tariff. Some operators impose restrictions on the use of this feature;
- to speed up the connection of another smartphone to a wireless connection, you need to use a QR code. To do this, go to the access point settings on your Samsung phone and click on the code icon;
- when downloading updates, movies, music, mobile traffic is consumed faster.
Sharing Wi-Fi from a smartphone is not that difficult, but it is most economical to do it for another phone or tablet. The reason is to save traffic, because these devices do not download files that weigh a lot.
For reference! Samsung has an additional feature to activate a connection using a QR code, but this option is not suitable for all devices.
Honor needs the distance between the smartphone and the connected device to matter. If they are too far apart, the signal will be weak and unstable. Wi-Fi sharing also uses up battery power faster. From the pros. several devices can be connected at the same time and you do not need to use a cable.
Distribution of a Wi-Fi signal
How to distribute the Internet from Samsung to a computer or tablet
Last update. November 2, 2020 at 07:26 AM
Samsung smartphones have the function of distributing Wi-Fi to other devices. There are several ways. using a cable or a mobile hotspot. Of course, the data transfer rate is lower than with a standard connection. However, this option is used if there is a problem with the router or the Internet has not yet been established. It is not suitable for constant use: an unstable signal and the inability to download large files reduce all the advantages of the method to zero.
How to distribute the Internet from a Samsung phone via USB in tethering mode
Smartphones of this brand have a built-in function that allows you to use the phone as a USB device. But from a stationary computer in this way it will not work to distribute the Internet. for this purpose you will need a router.
Important! This option is only suitable for owners of Windows 7 and higher.
Using a smartphone in USB mode makes it possible not only to distribute mobile Internet, but also to access a Wi-Fi connection. In this case, the phone will act as an adapter. The guide on how to share Internet from Samsung phone in USB mode is as follows:
- The smartphone is connected to the computer via a cable.
- Next, you need to open the notification panel and select the connection via USB.
- Then you need to select the item USB-cable.
- Then the OS will perform automatic settings to use the device as a modem.
- A new connection should appear. Ethernet. If it is not activated, you need to right-click on the name and click on “Enable”.
- If the connection remains inactive, you need to go to the phone settings.
- The required parameters are found in “Connection” in “Mobile hotspot and modem”. It must be disconnected and select the item USB cable.
After these manipulations, the connection will become available. The advantage of this method is that the phone is simultaneously charged. If you compare the data transfer rate with the first option, it will be higher. But there are also disadvantages to such a distribution. Only one device can be connected via a Samsung smartphone.
Important! If a non-original wire is used, the connection speed may be slower. It is also necessary to install drivers for normal operation. This usually happens automatically. But to download them manually, you need to go to the website of the smartphone manufacturer and indicate the model name.
If the standard mobile hotspot is not suitable, the user can enter the new data on his own. To do this, you need to turn off the mobile point and go to additional settings. The user should pay attention:
- list of allowed devices. only devices whose MAC address is stored in the phone will be able to connect to the smartphone;
- timeout settings. the time interval after which, if the device is not connected to the mobile device, Wi-Fi distribution stops.
However, be careful when changing the parameters of the standard point. Some of them are available for advanced users only. It is also worth making the connection secure, otherwise other users will be able to connect to the network. This will lead to slower work and faster traffic consumption.
What to do if your Samsung Galaxy smartphone does not share the Internet
Usually, setting up a wireless connection is straightforward. The creators of the Android platform made the connection clear even for novice users. But sometimes it happens that all the settings are made correctly, but the connection is not active.
If a wire was used, then the reasons may be as follows:
- Corresponding drivers not installed.
- An unauthorized cable was used, resulting in unstable connection.
- The Internet traffic has run out or there is no money on the balance of the mobile phone.
- Your smartphone or computer has malfunctioned.
If you cannot activate the distribution of Wi-Fi, then the reason may be:
- the password or username was entered incorrectly;
- weak network signal;
- lack of funds on the balance sheet;
- the connected device is included in the blocked MAC addresses;
- if the connection is established and the high-speed icon is displayed on the Samsung smartphone, and the devices are working slowly, it means that neighbors have connected to the traffic.
You can solve problems with the distribution of Wi-Fi in one of the following ways:
- Reboot both devices and then try to establish wireless connection again.
- Purchase an original cable or connect via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- Top up balance or change tariff.
- Check the correctness of the entered data.
- If the device is included in the blocked MAC addresses in the access point, you must disable filtering by MAC.
- If neighbors are connected to the distribution, you need to put a password for the connection. This can be done in the settings of the mobile point and modem.
Sharing via Wi-Fi or USB cable from Samsung Galaxy phones is straightforward. Bluetooth can be challenging and is rarely used. The listed options will help out in the event of a router breakdown. But this method is suitable for home use in order to economically spend mobile traffic.
Sharing the Internet via Bluetooth
And the last method: using a bluetooth connection. Its main disadvantage is the relatively low connection speed, as well as the instability of work (and sometimes the impossibility of connecting) for many users. The procedure will be as follows:
- On your Samsung phone, go to Settings. Connections. Mobile Hotspot & Tethering.
- Turn on Bluetooth tethering.
- Connect via Bluetooth from another device, and if we talk about Windows 10, simple pairing of the device through “Settings”. “Devices” may not work. After it, you need to right-click on the Bluetooth icon on your computer, select “Join a personal network” (or go to Control Panel. Devices), right-click on your smartphone in the list of devices and select “Connect via”. “Access Point” or “Direct Connection”. Your phone may ask you if you want to connect in Bluetooth tethering mode.
- In the list of available connections (which can be opened via WinR. ncpa.cpl), you should see an active “Bluetooth Network Connection”.
Sharing the Internet from a smartphone to a computer via USB
Unlike the previous method, by connecting your Samsung phone to a computer or laptop via USB, you can distribute not only the mobile Internet, but also access to the network obtained via Wi-Fi, using the smartphone as a Wi-Fi adapter. The steps will be as follows:
- Connect your phone with USB cable to PC or laptop.
- Once connected, go to the notification area on your phone and tap on the USB connection notification.
- Select “USB tethering”.
- Windows or another OS will set up a new device (your phone as a modem).
- A new Ethernet connection will appear in the list of connections on your computer (WinR. ncpa.cpl). If it is disabled, right-click on it and select “Enable”.
- If the network still remains in the “Disconnected” state, on the phone go to Settings. Connections. Mobile hotspot and modem, turn off and then turn on the USB tethering item, the network will become active, and the Internet is available.
How to share Internet from Samsung Galaxy over Wi-Fi
The easiest way is to distribute the Internet from a phone via Wi-Fi to a computer, laptop, tablet or other smartphone. At the same time, keep in mind that only mobile Internet (received from a telecom operator) can be distributed via Wi-Fi, the process itself is as follows:
- On your Samsung smartphone, go to Settings. Connections. Mobile Hotspot & Tethering.
- At the top, turn on the item “Mobile hotspot”. If you are told that you need to turn off Wi-Fi for this, agree (since we cannot share the existing Wi-Fi connection in this way, which I mentioned above).
- In order to change the network name, find out or change the password, click on the item “Mobile hotspot” and specify the necessary data instead of the standard.
- After that, you can connect to the created wireless network from any other devices and use your phone’s mobile Internet from them.
A few nuances that may be important in the context of distributing the Internet over Wi-Fi from a phone:
- Do not forget that for the Internet to work, the mobile Internet must be connected and active.
- Some telecom operators on some tariffs block the ability to distribute mobile Internet from the phone to other devices.
- If you need to quickly connect another phone to the Internet, in the settings of the mobile hotspot on Samsung, you can click on the QR code icon in the upper right and scan the generated code with another smartphone.
- If your tariff has limited traffic, keep in mind that by connecting your PC or laptop to the created access point, you can quickly use it up (for example, if OS updates start downloading).
How to share Internet from Samsung phone via Wi-FI, USB and Bluetooth
Almost all Android phones have the ability to distribute the Internet via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or USB, and Samsung smartphones are no exception. This instruction details how to distribute the Internet from Samsung Galaxy to a computer, laptop or other phone in all available ways. The examples use a Galaxy Note with Android 10, but the other current models will be the same.
If you are interested in the same for devices with pure Android without features of the One UI interface, about this in a separate guide How to share the Internet via Wi-Fi / Bluetooth / USB on Android.
Samsung phone as a modem or Wi-Fi adapter. video instruction
Typically, sharing over Wi-Fi or USB from Samsung phones usually works without any problems. Bluetooth connectivity is not always smooth, but I hope if you need it, it will work out.
Distribution of new, sometimes interesting and useful materials from the remontka.pro website. No ads and free computer help for subscribers from the author. Other subscription methods (VK, Odnoklassniki, Telegram., YouTube, Yandex.Dzen)
Everything is fine, but how to connect to the Internet of the computer? Didn’t automatically connect.
How to distribute Internet from phone to computer and laptop: connect
Connecting the Internet via a phone to a computer or laptop is one of the most popular functions at the moment on Android devices.
This can be done in three different ways, which we will analyze in detail today. So, you will always have the opportunity to share network access with your PC.
From the past material, you learned how to distribute the Internet from phone to phone. Now you will learn how to distribute Wi-Fi from a phone to a PC and how to transfer the Internet via a USB cable. The instruction is universal and suitable for devices of all models: Samsung, Honor, Huawei, Xiaomi or any other Android.
Important! We discussed how to connect the Internet via a phone to a laptop and a computer on Apple devices in the detailed instructions. how to distribute the Internet from an iPhone to a computer.
How to distribute Internet from phone to computer via USB
Via USB, via cable. the connection is the easiest to establish. At the same time, you don’t even need to additionally download any software on a PC for everything to work.
Open the section with wireless connections in the settings of your smartphone and go to “Access point and modem”.
A new network connection will be automatically created on the computer. Everything will work right after that.
We distribute via Bluetooth
Also open the smartphone settings and go to the section for working with wireless networks. Next, open the “Access Point and Modem”.
On a PC, press the WIN I keys at the same time and open the “Devices” section.
Click on the button for adding a new Bluetooth device, add a new one and indicate your device in the list. Click on the “Link” button.
Confirm pairing on both devices, just press the corresponding buttons on them when the screen with the connection code appears.
On the Windows taskbar in the tray, right-click on the Bluetooth connection icon and open the “Join a personal network PAN” item.
Select your smartphone from the list. just click on it once. Then, in the toolbar, click on the “Connect via” item and select an access point.
Everything, now you can go to the World Wide Web through such a connection. But remember that the speed will be an order of magnitude less than it could be via WI-FI.
How to distribute Internet from phone to laptop and computer via WI-FI
The easiest way is to create a simple wireless hotspot on your smartphone or tablet. To which any device can then connect, even a Smart TV.
Open the settings of your smartphone and go to the section for managing wireless networks WI-FI. Next, go to “Access Point and Modem”.
Here we need the item “Wi-Fi hotspot”. enable this function. Specify additional settings. password, network name, encryption type do not need to be changed. After that, the created network will immediately become visible on other devices and available for connection.
On a computer or laptop with Windows 10 or 7 operating system, click on the Wi-Fi connection icon in the taskbar and enable the module if it is disabled. Find the network created by the smartphone in the list and connect to it. enter password.
Access to the World Wide Web should appear immediately and everything will work, you can check this by opening any site.
Everything is done very quickly and easily. Now you know how to distribute the Internet from your phone to a computer or laptop for free and, most importantly, very quickly.
Android phones provide functionality that allows you to distribute the Internet to other devices both by wire and wirelessly. To connect, you need to have the wireless network adapter turned on on your laptop and mobile data on your mobile device. Using the example of a phone on version 8 of Android, consider how to distribute the Internet to a computer:
- We go into the phone settings, look for the “Network and Internet” section, then “Access point and modem”.
- We activate the access point mode by pressing the toggle switch to the right of the corresponding item.
- Next, you need to configure the connection. To do this, go to “Setting up a Wi-Fi access point”.
- Here you need to set the name of the network, which will be displayed on other devices, the password for access, the security protocol and the frequency range. It is better not to change the protection, but leave WPA2 PSK. Leave the frequency range unchanged too. You need to come up with a strong password to prevent outsiders from gaining access to your network.
After the phone is set up, it remains to connect to it via a laptop. First, make sure that the Wi-Fi module is activated on it. Next, select your network from the list of available networks and connect to it by entering the previously set password.
If the connection is successful, the yellow exclamation mark on the network icon on the launcher will disappear and the computer will have access to the global network. Under the name of the network there will be a signature “Connected, protected”.
When you turn on this access point mode on the phone, you can connect not one computer to it, but several devices via WI-FI. The Internet is also distributed to stationary computers, other telephones and tablets. If too many devices are connected to one access point, this will be the reason for the low speed of the Internet connection.
This application is distributed absolutely free of charge through the Play Market. To install it, just go to the Market and find the program through a search by name, then click on the “Install” button, and then accept the terms. Without an Internet connection, the program will not work correctly.
With its help, you can create an access point, give it a name and security key. It is somewhat easier to distribute the Internet through Foxfi than using the standard Android settings. In the program itself, we register all the necessary data, tick the line “WI-FI Hotspot”. Access point ready.
What smartphones can distribute WI-FI?
The function of distributing the Internet via a wireless access point is available in all modern phones based on Android and iOS. The minimum requirements for this feature to work correctly are:
- Connecting a mobile device to the Internet via 3G or 4G.
- A large supply of traffic. Some mobile operators today provide unlimited Internet packages, while the restrictions apply only to torrents.
- The laptop must have the wireless adapter turned on.
Connecting a smartphone to Andoid via USB
The Internet can be distributed to a laptop from a mobile device if you use it as a USB modem. This requires a USB cable.
When you connect a phone in modem mode to a PC, no special settings are required on the computer itself, the system will do everything itself. However, if the necessary drivers have not been installed, you can download them yourself through the website of the phone manufacturer (for example, Samsung or ASUS) and install.
Before connecting to a laptop via USB, mobile data must be enabled on the mobile device to access the Internet. Next, you need to do the following:
- We go into the parameters of the mobile device.
- We are looking for the section “Network and Internet”, in it we select the item “Access point and modem”.
- We activate the toggle switch near the first line “USB-modem”.
On a laptop, access to the network should appear almost immediately. The network icon on the launcher will be different from what appears on a wireless connection. this time it is the same as on a LAN connection. This method works not only for laptops, but for any computers in general.
Create hotspot on mobile
The easiest way is to connect your phone to a laptop wirelessly, as most modern smartphones are equipped with this functionality. But in some cases, you can distribute the Internet using a USB cable.
Sharing Internet from iPhone using USB
On a laptop, you can access the network using an iPhone by connecting it with a USB cable to the computer as a modem. It is best to avoid using non-native cables to avoid problems. Detailed instructions:
- For the latest versions of Windows (7 to 10), you need to download and install the official iTunes app. It is necessary for the correct connection between the phone and the computer.
- On the smartphone, go to the settings, look for the “Cellular” section, click on it.
- Then select the line “Modem mode”.
- To enable this mode, you need to click on the toggle switch so that it turns green. Hints will appear regarding the distribution of the Internet from the phone to the PC.
- After all the necessary settings, we connect the iPhone to the computer. The iPhone screen will display “Trust this computer?”. After confirmation, Windows will automatically configure the connection.
Instructions: how to distribute the Internet from phone to laptop
Turn on the Internet on your Android phone.
The first thing you need to do is turn on the internet on your Android device. Swipe at the top of the screen and tap on the Settings icon, which looks like a small gear.
In the settings menu, find the “Wireless networks” section and click on “SIM cards and mobile networks”.
Find the Data Transfer option and make sure its toggle is turned on.
Connect Android phone to computer using USB cable.
Now use the original USB cable to connect your smartphone to your computer or laptop.
If you are connecting your phone to a computer, then it is advisable to use the USB port on the back. They tend to work faster and more reliably.
Turn on USB tethering on Android smartphone.
After you have connected your phone to your computer, go to the “Settings” menu, the “Wireless networks” section and click “”.
Here you will see an option called USB tethering. Turn it on.
Wait a couple of minutes for the computer to install the necessary drivers.
If before you did not distribute the Internet from your phone to your laptop, then your computer will start downloading and installing the drivers that are necessary for the USB modem to work. This process may take several minutes.
That’s all! Internet access should appear on your laptop or computer. Open your web browser and go to any site.
How to distribute Internet from phone to laptop via USB cable
In this article, we want to tell you about an interesting feature on Android smartphones called USB tethering. This function allows you to distribute the Internet from your phone to a laptop via a USB cable.
It is one of the easiest and most reliable ways to access the Internet on your computer, laptop, 2-in-1 tablet when you are on the go. If you do not have access to a free public Wi-Fi network, but your phone has a generous data plan, then you can distribute the Internet from your phone to your laptop via a USB cable.
We have prepared detailed instructions with pictures so that you don’t have any problems. Please note that we used a Xaiomi Redmi Note 3 Pro smartphone running Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Some of the menu items may be different on your mobile device, but most of the settings should look and work the same.
Now you know how to distribute the Internet from your phone to your laptop using a USB cable. This method is especially good in that it does not require a Wi-Fi receiver, which is often missing on desktop computers. In addition, sharing the Internet from phone to laptop using Wi-Fi consumes a lot of mobile device battery.
Do you find this feature useful? Do you often use a USB modem? Let us know in the comments below.
How to share internet from Samsung Galaxy phone
Hey! Today I will show you how to share internet from your Samsung Galaxy phone. You can distribute the Internet for free from your smartphone to a laptop, computer, tablet, or another phone. You can use your device as a modem. Everything is very simple and fast. See the instructions below and write comments if something is not clear to you. Go!
On the home screen, swipe down from the top edge of the display.
In the window that opens, click on the Mobile hotspot icon.
You will see the Turn off Wi-Fi window. Wi-Fi must be turned off to use the hotspot. Click Ok.
Samsung Galaxy S10 / S10: Share Internet Connection to Computer Using USB Tethering
You will be shown a notification that this feature and the modem are enabled. Click on notification.
In the settings, you will be shown the name of your network and the password for connecting other devices. Below, see the instructions on how to distribute the Internet. See, everything is very simple:
- On a laptop, in the taskbar, at the bottom right, click on the Internet indicator;
- You will see a list of available networks for connection;
- Find there the name of your smartphone’s network, which is specified in the settings;
- Click on the name of the network;
- Enter the password, which is also specified in the settings of the mobile hotspot;
- All is ready. You have connected the Internet from your smartphone to your laptop.
At the top right, click on the Properties button.
In the window that opens, click on the Mobile Hotspot Settings tab.
- Hide device;
- Select a security parameter;
- Show advanced options.
Connect Samsung Galaxy as Modem
Another way. On the home screen, find the Settings icon and tap on it.
In the settings, click on the Connections tab.
In the connection settings, click on the Mobile hotspot and tethering tab.
Here you can enable this function by clicking on the switch on the right.
In the window that opens, click Yes to turn off Wi-Fi on your phone.
All is ready. You can now use your Samsung phone as a tethering modem.
Note. When using this function, it is recommended to connect a special MTS tariff for a laptop. Or a similar option from another mobile operator. If you connect a regular mobile Internet, you will quickly run out of it and you will pay more money.
What is a modem?
Modem. it is a term for connecting your mobile device to a computer so that your computer can connect to the network via your phone’s mobile data connection.It works via USB, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
In the days before the iPhone, this meant using a regular phone to call a number that gave you access to the Internet anywhere. Some cell phones can share their Internet connection, which allows you to access the Internet through the APN of the device’s network.
After the release of the iPhone in 2007, many cellular networks began charging additional fees for tethering plans, but fortunately this fundraising practice has since been largely abandoned. modem is usually free these days, except for using your data limit.
How to connect an internet connection to an Android phone
An intimate way to share Android phone digital cellular connectivity is designed to directly connect the phone to a computer and activate the modem function. Not every Android phone has this capability.
Modem. This is a reliable way to provide Internet access to another device, such as a laptop or desktop computer. Follow these steps to set up your Internet modem:
Connect your phone to your computer or laptop with a USB cable.
This operation is most successful when the computer is a Windows PC.
Select “”, then select “Tethering & Mobile Hotspot”.
Check the box next to USB tethering.
The other device should immediately recognize the phone as a “modem” with Internet access. Additional configuration may be required, depending on the computer using the bound connection. For example, you might have to agree to install new software when prompted by Windows.
When tethering is active, the notification icon “Modem or hotspot active” is displayed. Select this notification to further configure the modem.
Unlike creating a Wi-Fi hotspot, you don’t need to turn off the Wi-Fi radio to activate the USB tethering.
Sharing your digital network connection incurs data usage charges based on your cellular data plan. Be careful with data sharing when sharing a connection.
Using Wi-Fi Direct
Wi-Fi. this is the trend of our days. You can transfer files from your device to your PC without the worry of carrying a USB cable everywhere you go. This process is simple too.
1) Select the “Settings” menu in the “Applications” on the phone.
2) Now go to the “Wireless & Networking” option.
3) Open Wi-Fi Direct settings.
4) After that, scan the devices to find another Wi-Fi Direct device you want to connect to.
5) When your target device is found, select “Connect”.
6) Now on the screen of the other device, select “OK” to start the connection.
One more step!
Confirm your email address in the email just sent to you.
Connecting the Galaxy Note to your laptop or PC
Samsung has made a splash with its Galaxy Note. If you are one of the thousands of users of this phablet, then you need to know how to connect it to a PC.
Galaxy Note has a huge screen. The display size is 5.3 inches. Its unique advantage is its large AMOLED display. The size of the display has led some to call it a “phablet”: a hybrid of a phone and a tablet.
But to enjoy this large, gorgeous display, you need to have high quality HD movies on your phone. But these are big movies. So, you need to sync it with your computer in order to receive large movie files from it. After viewing these 6GB files, you can delete them from your phone without hesitation.
So, the phone can be used as a portable storage, and a computer. as permanent. This guide will show you how to do it.