How to enable Windows 10 screen recording
On keyboards of many laptops there is a screen lock option, which usually works in tandem with “Fn” and is located on one of the F-keys, next to them (for example, on “ESC”), in or near the NUM-block. Most often, a lock is drawn on it, but sometimes it is another symbol that is directly associated with a lock or is close to it. A similar button can be found on some multimedia, gaming, and universal keyboards (designed for devices with different operating systems using Bluetooth). You need to search in the same F-row or near it. These keys are also often paired with “Fn”.
Self-lock screen in Windows 10
You can lock the screen of a PC or laptop using key combinations. specially designed for this purpose or providing access to a menu, one of the options of which solves our problem.
“WINL” is a pair of keys, pressing which instantly locks the screen in the top ten both from the desktop and from any other window / application. An exception may be some games where the “WIN” key is automatically disabled.
Note: Most gaming keyboards also have the option to lock “WIN”, so make sure it is available before using the above shortcut.
Editing the registry
It also happens that the lock screen does not appear at all when Windows starts. This means that this feature has been disabled. You can reactivate it by making some changes to the system registry.
- Press the “WINR” keys to open the “Run” window, enter the regedit command in it and press “OK” or “ENTER”.
In the Registry Editor window that opens, navigate to the following location:
Note! If the “Personalization” section is missing from the above path, it must be created. To do this, being in the “Windows” folder, click on an empty space with the right mouse button (RMB), select the only available item “Create”. “Section”. Give an appropriate name and open it.
Right click and select “New”. “Parameter DWORD 32 bits”.
Name it “NoLockScreen”, open it, set the value to “0” and click “OK” to confirm.
Note: If you want to turn off the lock screen again, this parameter should be set to “1”.
This will be enough for the changes to take effect, but it will be possible to make sure that the function is working only after a reboot.
Change login options (for local accounts)
You can only get access to all the features of Windows 10 with a Microsoft account, but many users continue to use a local account on the operating system. If a password is not set on it, the lock screen will automatically load at OS startup and go directly to the desktop. The solution in this case is to change the login parameters.
- Press the “WINI” keys to call the “Parameters” and go to the “Accounts” section.
Open the “Login Options” tab (previously called “Login Options”), and in it, in the “Device Login Control” block, select “PIN Code” or “Password”, whichever you want to enter to gain access to the operating system.
Next, click on the “Change” button, enter the current password from the account, and then set a new one, confirm it and click “OK”.
Note: If you do not know the current password for your account, use the corresponding link to recover it and read the article provided at the link below.
Log out and log back in, or restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Turn on the lock screen in Windows 10
By default, in the current version of the OS from Microsoft, in order to get to the desktop after starting the PC, you must unblock access by specifying a password or pin code from the account. However, there are times when Windows 10 starts bypassing this screen or when you need to turn it on yourself, for example, when you temporarily leave your computer. Let’s talk first about the second, and then about the first.
If, when you turn on your PC or laptop, you see that the lock screen loads quite quickly (you mean not the splash screen, but the authorization window) and independently “goes” to the desktop without requiring a logon, most likely, for the account used in Windows 10 entry has been disabled by entering a password or pin code. If you are used to specifying these data to gain access to the OS and want to continue doing this, follow the steps opposite to those discussed in the next article.
Important! At the step of the “Method 2” part, the checkbox opposite the item “Require username and password” should not be removed, but installed.
We are talking about a multifunctional third-party program that is designed to work with audio. Thanks to it, you can edit audio files, as well as record your voice and extraneous sounds, create ringtones and much more.
- The functionality of the program allows you to capture sound from various devices, for example, a sound card, speakers, microphone. You can save files in the most preferred formats: WAV, MP3 or OGG.
- Official support for the Russian language, the program is adapted for the Windows operating system versions 7, 8, 10.
- The ability to convert audio tracks from CD-disks. Added benefit. files can be edited while capturing.
- Simple and intuitive interface.
- You can also extract sound from a video, for example, from a video clip or movie.
- Ability to apply various effects to audio.
- Ability to combine multiple audio files into one.
To start the recording process, just click on one button. “Record sound from microphone”.
Voice recording with a stereo mixer
In Windows 10, voice recording can be done in a standard way. using all the capabilities of the sound card that is equipped with a desktop computer or laptop. This instrument is called “Stereo Mixer” or “Stereo Mix”. By default, in the vast majority of cases, this option is deactivated.
To record sound from a microphone in Windows 10, you need to activate this tool by right-clicking on the speaker image (this icon is located in the Windows notification bar). In the context menu from the available tools select “Recorders”.
The microphone should be displayed in the list of audio recording devices. Click on an empty space in the window and select “Show deactivated devices” from the drop-down list. If, after a short analysis, a stereo mixer appears, then you need to turn it on. Just right-click on it and select “Enable”.
How to turn on a stereo mixer on a computer
Note! Some computers use non-standard sound cards such as Realtek. So, instead of “Stereo Mix”, other devices for sound recording can be used there.
Also in Windows 10, sound recording can be done using the third-party Audacity application. You can download the free program on the official website of the developers. A characteristic feature of the application is open source code, which helps not only to create audio tracks, but also to edit them. Audacity is adapted for Windows, MAC, Linux operating systems.
What the main window of Audacity looks like
- With the help of this program, the user has the opportunity to record live sound from a microphone or sound card of a stationary computer or laptop.
- You can view the spectrogram of frequencies.
- Ability to make one out of several audio, as well as copy, delete and edit individual fragments.
- Most manipulations can be performed using the keyboard.
- Supports sounds of different bitness: 12, 24 and 32.
- The third party app also supports plugins.
The algorithm for working with a third-party program is as follows:
- Launch Audacity and create a new project. To do this, in the upper toolbar, click on the “File” tab, then “Create project”.
- Next, you need to click on the record button in the program and run the media file from which you want to record the audio track.
- Monitor in real time how correctly the recording is proceeding.
- When it is necessary to end the session, it remains to click on the “Stop” button (gray square, in the center of which the red button is concentrated).
- In the end, it remains to save the file in the desired format using the “Export” function.
Note! In comparison with other analog programs, it is more difficult to learn due to the larger number of functions.
Windows 10 Sound Recording. How to Record Voice from Microphone
The Windows 10 operating system continues to explode in popularity with a wide variety of built-in tools that make it easier to accomplish everyday tasks. Quite often, a person needs to record their voice or individual sounds. This can be done using built-in tools or third-party applications. You don’t need to have a lot of computer skills to play back what you’ve recorded. The algorithm is quite simple and straightforward, the main thing is to strictly follow the instructions.
Recording sound with a third-party program
Windows 10 sound recording can be done using not only built-in, but also third-party applications. Before starting, they need to be installed on a PC by downloading from a secure source (usually the official website of the developers). The most popular products are:
Now it’s worth getting to know in more detail the features of using third-party audio recording applications in Windows 10.
Using Voice Recorder app
As mentioned earlier, in Windows 10, microphone recording can be done using the built-in Voice Recorder utility. To launch this built-in program, just enter “Voice Recorder” in the search bar and press “Enter” on the keyboard to start the search. Then run the element you are looking for.
The program interface is very simple and straightforward. The user just needs to click on a single button, which will be located in the center of the window. This manipulation will start the process of recording your voice through the microphone. If you want to record third-party sounds, then the screen will display three buttons: stop, pause and marks. The label button visually resembles a flag and is intended to highlight points of interest that may come in handy later.
After the user clicks “stop”, the recording from the Windows 10 microphone will be stopped and all available recordings will be displayed on the screen. Also, at the bottom of the screen, an ellipsis will be displayed, designed to display additional functions: share, assign a new name to the recorded file, crop, etc.
Voice Recorder interface in Windows 10
Now it is worthwhile to familiarize yourself in more detail with the features of using the Windows 10 Voice Recorder. To record sound, you first need to connect a microphone, and then follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Open Voice Recorder application.
- The system will display a request on the screen for permission to access the microphone. To continue working, you need to click “Yes”.
- To start recording, you can click on the microphone image or use the keyboard shortcut “Ctrl R”.
- If the user needs to stop recording without interrupting the session, press the “Pause” button. To end the session, press “Stop”.
All audio files are saved automatically in.mp4 format. in the “Sound Recordings” folder located in another folder called “Documents”.
Using NVidia tools
How to record voice on Windows 10 using NVidia service? If the computer is equipped with an NVidia video card, then the user has the opportunity to install the proprietary program NVidia GeForse Enterprience on the PC. It contains the “ShadowPlay” section designed to record sound and video from a stationary computer or laptop. To start recording, just click on the “Soundtrack” button and set the optimal settings for work. After starting the program, you need to play any video sequence.
Sound Recorder in Windows 10 comes with a lot of additional tools and options. There are no difficulties in mastering them, especially if you strictly follow the instructions described above.
How to Record Game Video on Windows 10?
It is very easy to use the video recording function: just press the WinG key combination to bring up the game panel, and then click the “Start recording” button. You can call the panel by pressing the “Xbox” button on a compatible gamepad, in addition, the use of hot keys for certain functions is also supported: WinAltG. record the last moment, WinAltR. start or stop recording, WinAltPrntScr. take a screenshot, WinAltT. show or hide the timer.
After the start of the recording process, the panel will automatically close, and a timer of the recorded game time will appear in the upper right corner of the game window. Such a counter is also available on the game panel, in addition, you can launch the Xbox application directly from there, save a clip if the recording was in the background since the start of the game, take a screenshot of the screen and go to the basic settings panel.
In the settings panel, you can turn on background recording, set its duration and conditions of use (on battery, on wireless screens), turn off the timer display, tips for using the DVR for games, launch the game bar by pressing a button on the controller, save the current application as a game in the Xbox database.
options are available in the Settings → Game DVR pane of the Xbox app. There you can disable this function altogether, set your own keyboard shortcuts for all basic functions, specify the maximum duration of clips, select the appropriate video quality and resolution, disable sound recording and set its quality.
Recorded videos are saved in the Videos \ Clips folder, and MP4 files are named with the name of the game, date and time of shooting. Then you can use them as you like: view, edit, publish, send to friends.
You can also watch the recorded game video in the Xbox application, in the section with the self-explanatory name “Game DVR”, by filtering videos and screenshots by games. Playback is supported in windowed and full screen modes.
Directly from the application, the video can be trimmed, if necessary, by applying changes to the original (Trim the original clip) or its copies (Save a copy), rename or delete.
Finally, the video can be published to the Xbox Activity Feed (Publish), and it will be uploaded to the Xbox Live servers and will be available even after deleting the local copy on disk.
It is possible that in this review we forgot to mention something else interesting about the function of DVR for games, if you have something to add or have questions, welcome to the comments below.
How to enable Windows 10 password if its request has been disabled
In cases where you are using a Microsoft account, or when using a local account, it already has a password, but it is not prompted for, it can be assumed that the password prompt when logging into Windows 10 has been disabled in the settings.
To turn it back on, follow these steps:
- Press WinR keys on your keyboard, type control userpasswords2 and press Enter.
- In the User Account Control window, select your user and check the box “Require username and password” and click “OK”. You will also need to enter your current password to confirm. Attention: a separate instruction on what to do if there is no item Require username and password to be entered.
- Additionally, if you have disabled the password prompt when you wake up from sleep and you want to enable it, go to Settings. Accounts. Login options and on the right, in the “Required login” section, select “When the computer wakes up from sleep mode”.
Additionally, pay attention to the following nuance: the latest versions of Windows 10, during installation and updating, may prompt you to set a PIN and use it to log in instead of a password. This is where the instruction How to remove the Windows 10 PIN may come in handy.
Setting a password for a local account
If your system uses a local Windows 10 account, but it does not have a password (for example, you did not set it when installing the system, or it was not when upgrading from a previous OS version), you can set a password for the user in several simple ways.
A quick way to put a password to log into Windows 10
If you are using a local account and have not yet set a password for it, you can use the following simple method to set it up in the latest versions of Windows 10:
- Press CtrlAltDelete keys
- In the menu that appears, select “Change password”
- In the next window, do not fill in the “Old password” field (if it is not there), but set a new password and confirm it.
- Click the arrow to the right of the password confirmation field.
Done, now the login password for your user will be set.
Setting an account password using the command line
There is another way to set a password for your local Windows 10 account. using the command prompt. For this
- Run the command line as administrator (use the right click on the “Start” button and select the desired menu item).
- At the command prompt, type net users and press Enter. You will see a list of active and inactive users. Pay attention to the name of the user for whom the password will be set.
- Enter the command Where username is the value from item 2, and password is the desired password to log into Windows 10) and press Enter.
Done, just like in the previous method, it is enough to lock the system or log out of Windows 10 so that you are prompted for a password.
Adding an account password in Settings
- Go to Start. Settings (gear icon on the left side of the start menu).
- Select “Accounts” and then. “Login Options”.
- In the “Password” section, if it is absent, you will see a message stating that “Your account does not have a password” (if this is not specified, but it is proposed to change the password, then the next section of this instruction will suit you).
- Click “Add”, enter a new password, repeat it and enter a password hint that you understand, but cannot help outsiders. And click “Next”.
After that, the password will be set and will be requested the next time you log into Windows 10, exit the system from sleep, or lock the computer, which can be done with the WinL keys (where Win is the key with the OS logo on the keyboard), or through the Start menu. click by the user icon on the left. “Block”.
How to set a password on Windows 10
In this instruction, step by step on how to set a password on Windows 10 so that it is requested when you turn on (log in), wake up from sleep, or lock. By default, when installing Windows 10, the user is asked for a password, which is subsequently used to log in. Also, a password is required when using a Microsoft account. However, for a local account, you can leave it blank (leave blank), and for a Microsoft account, disable the password prompt when logging into Windows 10 or set a PIN instead of a password (however, this can also be done when using a local account).
Next, we will consider various options for the situation and ways to set a password for entering Windows 10 (using the system) in each of them. You can also set a password in the BIOS or UEFI (it will be prompted before logging in) or install BitLocker encryption on the system drive with the OS (which will also make it impossible to turn on the system without knowing the password). These two methods are more complicated, but when using them (especially in the second case), an outsider will not be able to reset Windows 10 password.
Important note: if your Windows 10 account uses an account named “Administrator” (not only with administrator rights, but with this name), which does not have a password (and sometimes you see a message that some application does not can be launched using the built-in administrator account), then the correct course of action in your case would be: Create a new Windows 10 user and give him administrator rights, transfer important data from system folders (desktop, documents, etc.) to the folders of the new user, and then disable the built-in account, which was written about in the material Windows 10 Built-in Administrator Account.
Distribution of new, sometimes interesting and useful materials from the remontka.pro website. No ads and free computer help for subscribers from the author. Other subscription methods (VK, Odnoklassniki, Telegram., YouTube, Yandex.Dzen)
Hello Dmitry! If you put on 10 ki os linux that will turn on 10 ka or linux
Hello. If everything is installed correctly, a menu for selecting the bootable OS will appear.
Maybe not, but all the same. Installed Vin 10 from scratch and updated to the latest version. In the beginning there was a local account, then I switched to the Maykrosov one (for synchronization, etc.), now I switch back to the local one, everything is as it should be (old password, new) after rebooting I go with a local account, but after the next PC startup, I need to password of the Maykrosov account and, accordingly, I go under it. How do I always have a local account? Previously, I also switched from one account to another, but no problem! In general, it does not matter under which account to work, but I want to know this is a bug or I am doing something wrong?
Replied to your same comment in the article about “how to delete a Microsoft account”.
Good day! Disabled the password when entering Windows 10. After rebooting, a black screen with a mouse cursor appeared. What to do?
Hello. It is unlikely that the matter is that you disabled the password request (it should not have such an effect). So I don’t know. first try to wait, then, if you don’t wait, turn it off (for example, by holding the power button for a long time) and turn it on again.
As a last resort, you can use restore points from safe mode.
Previously (in win7), a password request appeared when the monitor woke up, it was possible to leave for 10 minutes without putting the computer to sleep. In Win10, you can only require a password after the computer has slept. Maybe there is an option to ask for a password when the monitor wakes up?
How to Record Windows 10 Screen with Free Software
Since such programs are fundamentally different from each other, choose the one that maximally reveals the task in front of you.
Windows 10 screen recording with Captura utility
An uncomplicated utility with a simple interface allows you to record the computer screen Windows 10. Works great with previous versions of the operating system. The utility is able to:
- Record screen videos.
- Record audio from PC and microphone.
- Overlay webcam image.
- Select the desired frame rate and recording quality.
All the options you need are displayed on the main screen. The recording is simple:
How to Record Windows 10 Screen Video:
- Start any game.
- Press the WinG keyboard shortcut.
- Press WinAltR to start recording.
- To finish, also click WinAltR.
- Use WinAltM to activate the microphone while recording.
Still, you can use the additional settings that are paired with your Xbox Live account. In general, that’s all, there is no way to set a different format or resolution. Also, you cannot record the desktop or the explorer. To do this, use other programs.
Rylstim Screen Recorder. Windows 10 Screen Recorder
The simplest utility with the option of recording a screen with a single window, in which all the configuration takes place. To get started:
- Run the program.
- Specify in which codec the recorded video will be saved.
- Set the frame rate, and specify the save location.
- Click “Start” to start.
- To stop capturing, press F9.
- Done, the video is saved in the specified directory.
Windows 10 Screen Recording via Action Ultimate Capture
A paid utility aimed at high-quality recording of an open game. At the same time, it can be run even on weak PCs, since the stability of video recording and almost complete absence of lags (freezes) on the recorded video is ensured.
The interface of the software is simple, user-friendly, there are sections for recording video, audio, conducting tests, screenshots and various hot keys.
The record button is the largest in the entire interface and is hard to miss. The price for the utility is 33. The utility is often sold at a discount. There is a 30-day trial period. In which the functionality of the program is fully available.
To start Windows 10 screen recording:
- Select the capture you want (in this case, screen capture).
- In the next window, you can cancel the checkbox in front of the item “capture the cursor”, if it is not needed.
- In the lower right corner, click “Start Recording”.
- Minimize the program and write down what you need.
- When you need to finish recording, expand the program and click “Stop”.
- The clip will be saved in the folder where the program saves them by default.
- The latest information can be found in the detailed settings of the program.
Windows 10 Screen Recorder via NVIDIA ShadowPlay
Thanks to the universal application GeForce Experience, owners of graphics cards from NVIDIA have the opportunity to use additional goodies, such as NVIDIA ShadowPlay. This option is integrated into the application and allows you to record the Windows 10 screen. In this case, you can record almost everything that is on the screen (from the initial desktop, to starting and being in the game, program).
- Launch GeForce Experience and log in with your NVIDIA profile (create one if needed).
- Go to the settings and scroll down a little to the “in-game overlay” item. It needs to be activated.
- Then, press AltZ any time you want to record a video. Select the item “Record”.
- Right there, you can connect a microphone. Shutdown is done in exactly the same way.
The quality of shooting can be changed in the settings:
All videos are saved in the user folder, along the path C: \ Users \ User_name \ Videos \ Desktop in mp4 format.
Calibrating the Windows Screen
Screen calibration is needed to adjust its characteristics for comfortable work or play. Before starting the process, leave the laptop or computer turned on for half an hour or more to warm it up, and also disable all special display settings and the function of its adaptive adjustment to the user and return the data to the default settings. To enter the calibration menu:
- open the “Settings” section (the gear icon in the lower left part of the “Start” menu);
- select the tab “System”, then “Display”;
- click on the link “Additional display parameters”, if there are several monitors, select the desired one here;
- follow the link “Additional display parameters”;
- in the properties menu of the video adapter, click the “Color Management” button;
- at the bottom of the “Details” tab, click the “Calibrate screen” button.
Important! The screen should be calibrated only in the room lighting in which it will most often be used.
Calibrate Screen button in the Color Management menu
It is determined by the ratio between the digital value of a pixel and the glow of the monitor. To calibrate this characteristic, the picture quality on the screen is adjusted to a given sample using the adjustment sliders (the arrow at the top left of the window allows you to go one step back and check the sample).
Important! Using the button under the slider, you can reset the changes to the original parameters.
You can make the monitor brighter or dimmer on the top ten in different ways:
How to change screen contrast on Windows 10
In order to work, play or watch movies on a computer with optimal quality, it is important to know how to increase the contrast on a Windows 10 laptop, there are two ways to do this.
Splitting the screen into several parts
The tens workspace can be divided into 2, 3 or more parts, which is convenient when working on several projects and having a large monitor.
The ability to split is activated by default in Windows, to check this, you need to open the “Multitasking” tab in the system settings and make sure that all the sliders in the “Work with multiple windows” menu, as well as the “Pin windows” switch are active.
To dock the window on the left half of the screen, use the hotkeys Win ←, and to the right. Win →. The second way of snapping is dragging the window to the desired side.
To move between windows, use the arrow buttons, and to enlarge one of them to the full screen, use the “Enter” key.
Additional Information. To divide the work area into three or four parts, use the keyboard shortcuts Win → (or ←) and Win (or)
Changing the clarity of the image
A “blurry” picture on the screen can appear for several reasons, the most popular of which is the wrong resolution. It’s easy to figure out how to adjust the clarity of the Windows 10 monitor by changing the monitor resolution, for this:
- clicking on the gear icon at the bottom left of the Start menu opens the Options menu;
- select the item “System”;
- in the opened menu “Display” find the item “Additional display parameters”;
- in the window “Resolution” select the desired.
In most cases, the best value is marked with (Recommended)
Note! You may also need to change the resolution to change the size of the desktop icons, screensaver, or if games or applications do not open in full screen.
If changing the resolution does not bring any results, then the display scale is incorrectly set. It can be configured in the same menu, only in the section “Changing the size of text, applications and other elements”.
The image can also be scaled up or down when you scroll the mouse wheel while holding down the Ctrl key.
Through system parameters
With the help of the “Notification Center” it is also convenient to change the brightness, for this you need to open its menu by clicking on the icon located in the lower right corner of the monitor and click on the “Expand” link. There is a brightness slider under the settings tiles. (In older assemblies of “tens”, the brightness is changed by clicking on the tile with the sun icon and only completely between two values: 0 and 100).
Action Center icon in Windows 10
Note! There is also a convenient function for switching the color gamut of the screen to night mode.
In a similar way, you can change the contrast of the monitor. The image should remain clear with visible black and white areas, but no sharp border between them.
Example of normal screen contrast