How To Lock Screen On iPhone
Power saving mode and auto-lock screen
In the power saving state of the phone, the auto lock time is 30 seconds and this interval is NOT modifiable.
This is not a bug, so the developers made sure that the phone lasts as long as possible before connecting to the charger. In order to remove the restriction, you only need to turn off the energy saving mode.
IPhone Screen Lock
reading time: 2 minutes
Timely locking the iPhone screen saves up to 20% of the charge and increases the operating time of the mobile device by several hours. Let’s consider the first method, how to lock the screen on iPhone.
The classic easy way
The iPhone screen is locked by pressing the button, which is located:
- on the sidebar on the right. iPhone 6, 7, 8, 10;
- on the top end. if iPhone 4, 5, SE.
Pressed once. the phone is locked.
Auto brightness function
Auto Brightness is a built-in display brightness control that depends on lighting conditions. Auto Brightness is on by default. To disable this option:
Then select “Accessibility”.
Go to “Display adaptation”.
Switch the auto brightness toggle switch to active mode.
How to activate auto-lock on iPhone and what should be done for this? Auto-lock. programmed to turn off the display after a set period of time (with iPhone it will take a minute). To change this setting:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Further in “Screen and brightness”.
- Select “auto-lock”.
You can activate (deactivate) auto-blocking, as well as set the desired interval within 30 seconds. 5 minutes.
Here’s how to learn more about Auto-Lock iPhone:
If a key breaks down, you can use AssistiveTouch. The option makes it possible, through gestures, to perform Unlocking iPhone.
So how does the iPhone lock the screen? To activate the option, follow the steps:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Further in “Basic”.
- Click on “Accessibility”.
- Go to “AssistiveTouch” and activate the AssistiveTouch parameter.
Or use Siri Assistant:
- Ask Siri for help, request to turn on Assistive touch.
You can also activate the function as follows:
- Click on “Top Level Menu”.
- The “Top Level Menu Setting” will open.
- Click on the “Device” icon and select “Screen lock” in the menu.
Active Accessibility lets you turn AssistiveTouch on or off using the side key on your iPhone by pressing it three times. You can also press the “Home” button three times.
How to lock iPhone if lost or stolen
If you need to lock the iPhone screen in case the phone is stolen, then you should proceed as follows:
- Open Find My iPhone.
- On the official iCloud website, go to the Find iPhone page, sign in with your Apple ID (used to sign in to iCloud), or launch Find iPhone on another iOS device.
- Find out the geolocation of the mobile using the map.
- We activate the “Lost Mode”. iPhone will be locked remotely.
- Report the case to Law Enforcement Agencies.
- Remove personal data (including information about credit, debit cards) from your phone to prevent unauthorized use of it. This can be done remotely in Find My iPhone.
Forgot your iPhone password? 3 Ways to Reset iPhone Passcode
Came up with a password on my iPhone and then forgot it. Be that as it may, it’s best to know how to unlock your iPhone if you forgot your password.
It happens to everyone. Came up and set a password on the iPhone, and then forgot it. Or did NOT use a smartphone for a long time. Be that as it may, it’s best to know what to do and how to unlock your iPhone if you forgot your password.
In this tutorial, I will describe three ways to reset iPhone password. These methods will not help if Apple ID is blocked, only contacting Apple Support will help here.
If the password is entered incorrectly 6 times, the iPhone will be locked for one minute, if you enter the wrong password again, the iPhone will be locked for 2 minutes, then 3 and so on. In general, it is not realistic to guess the password, life is not enough.
If you have activated the function “Erase data”, then guessing the password is dangerous. This function will erase all information from the iPhone if you enter the password incorrectly 10 times. To disable it, you need to: go to settings. password. opposite the field “erase data” switch the toggle switch to off mode.
Below are three ways to reset forgotten iPhone password, here they are.
How to Reset iPhone if Forgot Password
If you have NEVER synced your iPhone with iTunes, you do not have a backup, and the Find iPhone feature in iCloud is NOT activated, only the recovery mode method remains to remove the password. Note that this method always works, but not only the password will be erased on the iPhone, but all media files and information.
To start, the iPhone must be entered into Recovery Mode
To enter recovery mode: turn off the iPhone, now hold down the “Home” button and Do not release it, insert the USB cable, the iTunes icon with a cord should appear.
If iTunes doesn’t open automatically, open it. You should immediately be prompted to update or restore iPhone.
Reset iPhone password by restoring from backup.
If you systematically sync your iPhone with iTunes, you should have backups and can restore one of the copies where the password is still set. This is the best way, all media and information will remain on the iPhone.
- Connect iPhone to a computer that has backups and open iTunes.
- Wait while iTunes syncs iPhone and creates another backup.
- When synchronization is complete and a new copy is created, click on the “Restore” button.
- When in the course of restoring iPhone, the setup screen should open, where you need to select “Restore from iTunes copy”.
- Now look at the date which backup suits you and select it. You must remember when you set the password on iPhone.
Reset password using Find My iPhone
If you have the “Find iPhone” function activated, you can use iCloud to delete the lock password, however, all data will be erased as well. This method works, forgot iPhone lock password, but remember Apple ID password.
- Go to icloud.com.
- Enter your Apple ID and password and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Click on the icon “Find iPhone”, in the drop-down list “All devices” select the iPhone on which you want to reset the password.
- Click on the “Erase iPhone” icon and all data on it will be erased, and the password will be deleted.
Now you can restore iPhone data from a backup or set it up as new.
Do you still have questions about unlocking your phone if you forgot your iPhone password? Having trouble recovering a forgotten ID on iPhone? Write in the comments and we will try to help you!
If none of the above methods helped you or you don’t remember your Apple ID! Check out this guide What if I forgot for iCloud, iTunes or the App Store? How to reset a forgotten Apple ID password