How To Make A Keyboard On The Screen
Educational: Quick start On-screen keyboard. Turn on the keyboard on the screen
Installation and configuration instructions On-screen keyboard. Differences between applications that add virtual keys to the screen. Change the color scheme, location and opening method. How to make touch keys larger or smaller.
Free Virtual Keyboard App
In case Windows touch input does not work, use a non-standard virtual keyboard. This can be done using the Free Virtual Keyboard utility. The application is free and works without installation on a computer. To invoke the keyboard, download the file from the developer’s site and run it. The size of the window can be changed, while the keys will adjust to the selected width and height.
Standard On-Screen Keyboard
Before opening the virtual keyboard on your computer, add the Corresponding item to the bottom panel. To do this, call the context menu by right-clicking on any free space on the taskbar. After that, go to the “Panels” menu section and click on the “Touch keyboard” line.
A new item will appear to the left of the icons in the system tray. Click on it to make an on-screen keyboard. If the section is NOT added to the taskbar, make sure the Touch Keyboard item is enabled. After that, end the current session of the OS using the “Exit” item in the “Start” menu. Log in again and check for the button.
The touch keys on the computer screen have a standard layout set in the operating system. You can change their language by pressing the lower right button. To make the window stretch to the full width of the screen, click the button in the upper right corner, next to the close. In addition to the letters of the selected layout, touch input allows you to add emoticons and special characters. The corresponding sections are in the lower left corner.
Hot Virtual Keyboard
Compared to the previous one, this utility provides more options for customizing the display and screen input functions. After installing on your computer and launching Hot Virtual Keyboard for the first time, a wizard will open that allows you to make the initial setup. It includes four steps:
- type selection
- other settings
At the first step, the program offers to change the interface language and enable additional features. For automatic loading, activate the first checkbox “Startup with Windows”. In the absence of a physical keyboard, it is recommended to make the second item active. This will help you enter the password to log in using the mouse or touchscreen.
At the second stage, you can choose the look and style of the main program window. Check the Required theme in the left table, then select its style in the right. The list of available styles may vary on screen depending on the specified theme.
The next configuration step allows you to specify additional display and input options. The most useful points to make your work easier:
- auto hide
- Automatic word suggestion
- Change the position of the active window
Enabling, configuring, using the Onscreen Keyboard Windows 7, 8
The virtual (On-Screen) keyboard is analogous to a physical keyboard, controlled by the mouse pointer. This article will show you how to enable the on-screen keyboard Windows 7, 8, as well as how to configure, use and launch it, disable it at OS boot.
A keyboard on the computer screen is required in the following cases:
- no physical input device.
- the device is entered incorrectly or the keys do NOT function on it.
- Health problems holding back from normal input
How to start, remove automatic loading of the electronic input device when entering the OS
Now let’s look at how to enable or disable the Windows 7 on-screen keyboard when the OS boots. Autoloading the virtual keyboard is especially relevant if you use it on an ongoing basis, or are faced with the situation of entering the account password for the first time in this way. Use one of the options below.
1. Calling the keyboard on the computer screen, using one of the methods described above. At the bottom, click the “options” button. Follow the link to control the launch On-screen keyboard at login.
2. Get to Accessibility in Control Panel in method 2 described above for Windows 7, 8. Select the option Checked in the screenshot.
In the opening control panel item, check the box next to “use on-screen keyboard”. Click OK. After that, the computer keyboard on the monitor screen will automatically appear every time the OS boots. After performing the reverse steps, you can remove the on-screen keyboard from Windows startup at any time.
How to turn on the keyboard on the computer screen
The virtual input device startup file is located in the System32 folder of the Windows directory and is called osk.exe, from here you can call the virtual keyboard, but few people will use such actions. There are enough ways to enable the on-screen keyboard in Windows 7, 8. Let’s take a closer look at each of them.
Enabling Virtual Input Device in Windows 7
1. Click the Start button, then “All Programs”, select the “Standard” section and open the “Accessibility” subsection. Select the On-Screen Keyboard item.
2. Start the control panel, set the “small icons” view. Find the “Accessibility Center” object, launch it. The last action to be taken is called the “Enable On-Screen Keyboard” object.
3. In the search for Start, type “On-Screen Keyboard” (without quotes), then press Enter.
4. In the Run command window, type osk.exe. Click OK.
5. If you have a password to enter the system, then click the Accessibility icon, which is attached to the lower left corner. Check the box for input without keyboard, click OK. This will open the Windows 7 On-Screen Keyboard. In the upper left corner you can change the input language.
Enabling virtual input device in Windows 8 due to the changed interface is different, but point 4 above can be used here. Use one of the methods below:
1. Click Start to exit to the start screen. At the bottom left, click the down arrow. In the application menu, move all the way to the right. Find and open “On-screen keyboard”.
2. In Control Panel, in the “View” area, select “Large Icons”. Next, find the element “accessibility”, click it. Then click “turn on the on-screen keyboard”.
3. Call the search with the Win W keyboard shortcut, select the search location “everywhere”. Enter in the search string “On-screen keyboard” (no quotation marks). We are waiting, then in the list below we select the desired object.
4. To use the electronic keyboard to enter the password when logging in, Click the icon shown in the screenshot, which is located in the lower left corner. In the menu that appears, click “On-Screen Keyboard”.
In most cases, they resort to a virtual input device when it is not possible to use a physical input device. To turn on the Windows 7 on-screen keyboard with a mouse Use recommendations 1, 2, 5 for the seven, 1, 2, 4 for the eight. The above describes all possible ways to bring up the keyboard.
How to use and customize the virtual keyboard
The on-screen keyboard is controlled by the mouse. You need to put the blinking mouse cursor instead of entering text. Then left-click the desired keys, key combinations, for example, to change the language on the On-Screen Keyboard.
Note: if there are problems with the input, check out the materials: why the input language does not change, the Windows language bar disappeared.
To configure the input format and other parameters, click the “parameters” button. Here you can change the following settings:
- Audible confirmation. every pressing of the virtual keys will beep.
- Enable numeric keypad. enables additional buttons on the right. It was used to create an untitled folder in the last article.
- Keystroke. sets the input when the left mouse button is clicked.
- Hovering the pointer over the keys. the character is entered when the mouse cursor is hovering over it, with the ability to select the hover duration.
- Key scanning. selection of a range of buttons in one line across the entire width, then after pressing the selection keys, scanning occurs along the selected line in a smaller range until the required button is pressed. You can set the scanning speed.
- Text prediction. options allow you to suggest word suggestions when typing the first letters and puts a space after them.
After changing the parameters, don’t forget to name it OK.
I would also like to note that when you press Fn for the place of numbers, the F1-F12 buttons appear. When turning on the numeric keypad, to access the numbers, press Num Lock.
In Windows 7, 8, the differences in the on-screen keyboard are practically comments, except that the figure eight has a number of additional buttons for improved control. These buttons are Nav (go), Mv Up (up), Mv Dn (down), Dock (dock), Fade (disappear).
So we looked at all the ways how to enable the on-screen keyboard Windows 7, 8, as well as the startup process, disabling its startup. The virtual input device fully simulates the actions of the buttons on a conventional keyboard with the ability to customize to fit your needs.
How to enable the electronic keyboard on a computer
Often, the main, physical keyboard of the computer fails: individual keys or the entire device may NOT work. To compensate for the malfunction, use the electronic keyboard that appears on the screen and works with a mouse click. It is identical to the physical keyboard, it has all the necessary keys. In this article, we will clearly show all the ways to turn on the electronic keyboard on a computer. When the main keyboard can’t help, start the stellar time of its on-screen version!
By clicking on the “Accessibility” icon on the password entry screen
If you need to log into a password-protected computer, but the keyboard does not work, do not despair. The developers have provided the ability to launch the electronic keyboard directly from the password input screen. To do this, click on the Accessibility icon (usually in the lower left corner). Through the menu that appears, you can easily launch the on-screen keyboard and enter the password.
This is what the Accessibility icon might look like
By searching in the Start menu
In recent versions of the Windows operating system, there is a search in the Start menu. Enter “On-Screen Keyboard” into its term and it will show you shortcuts to launch it. Clicked on any of them, you will launch the electronic keyboard.
Through the start menu
The easiest and fastest way to enable the electronic keyboard on Windows is to launch it through the standard Start menu. The address of the shortcut we need is as follows: Start. All Programs. Standard. Accessibility. On-Screen Keyboard. After clicking on this icon, the coveted window with the keyboard will appear on the screen.
Ways to turn on the electronic keyboard
The osk.exe file located in the system32 folder of the operating system is responsible for starting the electronic keyboard. With its help, all manipulations with the On-Screen Keyboard are performed. But there are more practical ways to launch it.
Through the control panel
For this method, we also need the Start menu. We go into it, and click on the menu “Control Panel”.
In Control Panel Make sure you have selected the option to display “small icons” in the “view” menu, as shown in the screenshot below. Then click on “Accessibility Center “.
In the menu that appears, you can easily find the button you need to launch the electronic keyboard. But just in case, let’s show it in the screenshot:
After clicking on this button, the keyboard will immediately appear on the screen.
How to make the electronic keyboard always start automatically
If you regularly have problems with the main keyboard, or the person working at the computer finds it more convenient to work with the On-Screen Keyboard, then you can configure it to run along with the operating system. You don’t have to turn it on manually every time. For this:
- Launch the electronic keyboard in any of the above ways.
- Click on the “Options” button on the On-Screen Keyboard.
- In the menu that appears, click on “Control the launch of the On-Screen Keyboard at login”. There you can specify that the On-Screen Keyboard is used by default. In the parameters of the electronic keyboard, you will find other interesting settings.
Now you know how to launch the electronic keyboard on your computer, and you will not be lost despite the surprises of your main input device.
What is On-Screen Keyboard
The onscreen keyboard is available on Windows 10 computers and can be defined as a physical keyboard displayed on the computer screen.
The On-Screen Keyboard has all the standard keys, the same as on a physical keyboard, virtual keys can be pressed using the mouse or any other pointing device. You don’t need a touchscreen computer to use it.
The onscreen keyboard is not the same as the touch keyboard. The touch keyboard is designed specifically for computers with touch screens, although it can be found on conventional non-touch computers.
The touch keyboard icon can be included in the taskbar by right clicking on the panel, and then on the label “Show touch keyboard button” in the menu that appears. The on-screen keyboard is an addition to the touch keyboard, there are several ways to enable it.
Using the “Control Panel”
Using “Accessibility” to launch the keyboard.
As you know, this menu is quite well hidden in the system, so that launching it without using the keyboard promises to be quite long. We recommend pinning the application to the “Taskbar” to avoid possible inconveniences. To activate the keyboard:
- Let’s open the “Control Panel” in any way convenient for us. for example, by finding the corresponding application in the “Search” menu. If it is impossible to use the keyboard, open the application file, go to the Corresponding address in the “Explorer”. “C: WindowsSystem32control.exe”
- Switch the “View” mode to “Large icons” in the top bar and go to the “Accessibility Center”.
- In the new window, click on the “Enable on-screen keyboard” button.
If necessary, pinning the launch of the application in the “Taskbar”. hover the cursor over the icon, press the right mouse button and select the item “Pin to the taskbar”.
Turn on in the settings
To start, thus, you need to call “Start” and then the emblem in the form of a gear, it will run the settings. Click “Special Features”, after which a number of links will be displayed on the left side of the monitor, you need to select the one we need and move the slider to the “ON” position.
Removing the keyboard from the screen
There are several ways to disable the onscreen keyboard in Windows 10. We considered one above. in the parameters, move the slider to the “Off” position. If that doesn’t help, then go to the “Control Panel”. To do this, click on the magnifying glass on the taskbar, enter “control panel” in the search field and click on the found result.
Then in the “Large icons” mode, find the “Accessibility Center” section and click on it.
Next, from the displayed parameters, click on “Using a computer without a mouse and keyboard“.
Uncheck the Use On-Screen Keyboard checkbox and save your changes. After that, she no longer has to appear on the screen on her own.
Now you know where to look for the onscreen keyboard in Windows 10. If you want it to appear automatically, then use a special program. If it appears after starting the system, then Disable it in the parameters or stop the corresponding service.
Enabling via Parameters
In this way, it will be possible to open the on-screen keyboard. To do this, go to “Options”. Using the keyboard shortcut WinI. Then go to the “Accessibility” section.
Scroll down the tabs on the left and click on “Keyboard.” Next, in the “Use the on-screen keyboard” field, move the slider to the “On” position.
The keyboard will appear on the screen.
In order not to enter the parameters window, you can use the WinCtrlO combination to launch the keyboard.
If you get it automatically after starting Windows, then open this settings page and move the slider to the “Off” position.
Virtual keyboard in Windows 10. how to activate?
The virtual keyboard may be needed if the standard one is completely out of order or some of its individual keys. And also for entering bank card data to ensure greater security. Windows 10 has this feature. In this article, we will figure out how to start and how to disable the virtual keyboard in windows 10 in one of five ways.
What to do if it doesn’t turn on at all
If it cannot be enabled, then the problem is in the service that is responsible for starting it. The user could accidentally or intentionally disable the responsible process. It could also be caused by the activity of virus programs. Let’s take a look at how to enable keyboard on windows 10 screen:
- Run the “Run” command (keyboard shortcut “WinR”).
- At the time of entry, write the command “services.msc”, confirm the entry.
After that everything will work normally again.
That’s all the ways to open the virtual keyboard on windows 10 in some cases you will need a physical one, and in some you can handle it with a mouse. Opening it is easy enough, closing it is also not difficult. It remains to choose the most convenient way and use.
How to enable or disable the Onscreen keyboard in Windows 10
The onscreen keyboard was popular in previous versions of Windows. Only then it was more often used in cases of failure of a conventional keyboard, or if there were suspicions that a program was installed on the PC that intercepts keystrokes. In the first case, she saved and allowed you to print something on the computer, and in the second, it did NOT allow the scammers to find out your password and personal data.
With the advent of Windows 8 and 10, it began to be used more often, since these operating systems were installed on both ordinary computers and devices with touch input. So if you have the latest operating system, and you do not know where this keyboard is located, then in this article we will figure it out. I will tell you in what ways you can bring up the on-screen keyboard in Windows 10, what to do if It does not start, or appears on the screen by itself.
It should be noted that there are two types of virtual keyboards in Windows. The first is Screen. It looks more like a computer, or the one installed on a laptop.
And the second is sensory. It resembles the keyboard of a tablet or smartphone. There is a button for changing letters / symbols and for choosing emoticons.
Opening the “on-screen keyboard” from “Search”.
The fastest way to activate. Let’s do the following:
- Open the “Search” menu, click on the magnifying glass icon in the “Taskbar”, or use the Win S combination.
- Enter the name “On-screen keyboard” in the search bar and run the Found application.
Computer keyboard: principle of operation
The principle of the keyboard is as follows:
- After pressing a key, the keyboard chip generates a scan code.
- The scan code goes to the port integrated into the motherboard.
- Keyboard port reports a fixed interrupt to the processor.
- Having received a fixed interrupt number, the processor turns to special. RAM area containing the interrupt vector. a list of data. Each entry in the data list contains the address of the interrupt service program that matches the entry number.
- Having determined the program record, the processor proceeds to its execution.
- Then the interrupt handler program directs the processor to the keyboard port, where it finds the scan code. Further, under the control of the processor, the processor determines which of the characters corresponds to the given scan code.
- The handler sends the code to the keyboard buffer, notifying the processor about it, then terminates its work.
- The processor goes to the deferred task.
- The entered character is stored in the keyboard buffer until Ego picks up the program for which it is intended, for example, the text editor Microsoft Word.
Punctuation marks with Cyrillic
- ! (Exclamation point). Shift 1
- »(Quotes). Shift 2
- № (number). Shift 3
- ; (Semicolon). Shift 4
- % (Percentage). Shift 5
- : (Colon). Shift 6
- ? (Question mark). Shift 7
- (Multiplication or Asterisk). Shift 8
- ((Open bracket). Shift 9
- ) (Close bracket). Shift 0
- – (dash). the button with the inscription “-“
- , (Comma). Shift “point”
- (Plus). Shift button with plus sign “”
- . (Point). the button to the right of the letter “U”
Keyboard composition: key assignment. Computer virtual keyboard
The virtual keyboard is a separate program or an add-on included in the software. It is used to enter letters and symbols from the computer screen using the mouse cursor. Those. while typing, the computer keyboard is not involved.
A virtual keyboard is needed, for example, to keep confidential data (login and password) safe. When entering data from a regular keyboard, there is a risk of information being intercepted by malicious spyware. Then, via the Internet, the information is transmitted to the Attacker.
You can find and download the virtual keyboard using search engines. It will not take much of your time. If Kaspersky Anti-Virus is installed on your PC, you can launch the virtual keyboard through the main program window, it is part of it.
The alphanumeric keys are used to enter information and spelling commands. Each of the keys can work in different registers, as well as designate several characters.
Case switching (entering lowercase and uppercase characters) is carried out by holding down the Shift key. Caps Lock is used for hard (permanent) case switching.
If you are using a computer keyboard to enter text data, press Enter to close the paragraph. Further, data entry starts on a new line. When the keyboard is used to enter commands, Enter completes the input and starts executing it.
The cursor keys are located here on the alphanumeric panel. Cursor. An on-screen element that indicates where information is entered. The arrow keys move the cursor in the direction of the arrows.
- Page Up / Page Down. move the cursor to page up / down.
- Home and End. move the cursor to the beginning or end of the current line.
- Insert. traditionally switches the data entry mode between insertion and replacement. In different programs, the action of the Insert button may be different.
Additional numeric keypad
Additional numeric keypad duplicates the actions of numeric and some other keys of the main input panel. To use it, you must first enable the Num Lock button. Also, the keys of the additional keyboard can be used to control the cursor.
Punctuation marks in the keyboard
Sometimes users, Trying to put a punctuation mark on the keyboard, get Not quite what they expected. This is due to the fact that a different keyboard layout implies a different use of the keyboard shortcut.
The following is how it puts punctuation marks on the keyboard.
When you press a certain keyboard shortcut, another command for the computer is executed.
Frequently used keyboard shortcuts:
- Ctrl Shift Esc. Open the Task Manager.
- Ctrl F. search box in the active program.
- Ctrl A. selects all content in an open window.
- Ctrl C. copy the selection.
- Ctrl V. paste from clipboard.
- Ctrl P. print the current document.
- Ctrl Z. cancel the current action.
- Ctrl X. cut the selected area of text.
- Ctrl Shift → selection of text by words (starting from the cursor position).
- Ctrl Esc. opens / closes the Start menu.
- Alt Printscreen. screenshot of the active program window.
- Alt F4. close the active application.
- Shift Delete. permanently deleting an object (past the trash can).
- Shift F10. call the context menu of the active object.
- Win Pause. System Properties.
- Win E. launches explorer.
- Win D. minimizes all open windows.
- Win F1. Opens Windows Help.
- Win F. brings up the search box.
- Win L. computer lock.
- Win R. open “Run Program”.