How to make screen mirroring from your phone
Outputting Android Screen to Computer
While not a daily task, from time to time, you may need to bring your Android screen to your computer screen. This may be needed to view photos or videos from a smartphone on a computer screen, develop without using a device, or just as a mirror. No matter what your reason is, it’s very easy to do.
It is possible to output the Android screen to a computer via a Wi-Fi network or using a USB connection. Both methods are very SIMple and require a minimum of actions and settings. over, both methods are cross-platform, you can use them equally successfully on Windows, Linux or even Mac, you just need the Google Chrome browser on your computer and that’s it. Next, we will look at how to configure everything correctly.
Display Android Screen to Computer via Wi-Fi
To cast an Android screen to a computer, we need a free Screen Cast app. This is a very SIMple program that allows you to share your screen with other devices connected to the same Wi-Fi network. You can create an access point or connect your computer and phone to the same network using a router.
Then launch the program from the main menu of your smartphone and just click the “Start” button:
In the confirmation window, click “Start now” to confirm the start of the session. You can check the “Dont show again” checkbox to not see this message every time.
Now you just need to open any browser and enter the link that the application displayed. The link must be entered in full, including the port address. After you press Enter, your device screen will be displayed on the computer.
Despite its SIMplicity, the application has several settings. You cannot adjust the quality or position of the screen, but you can protect the broadcast with a password. To do this, click on the button with a sandwich, this is the classic menu button and select “Settings”:
Check the box “Required password for viewing screen cast”:
A password will be generated automatically, and now you will need to enter it to access your stream through a browser. Only then will you see android on your computer screen.
Outputting Android Screen to Computer via USB
If you cannot connect devices to the same network to configure the display of the Android screen to a computer over the network, then you can get the same result using USB. But before you start doing anything you need to enable USB debugging mode. Open the “Settings” utility, then “For developer” and check the “USB debugging” box:
Then connect your phone to the computer via USB and you will see a message in the notification area that USB debugging is allowed:
After installation, the application icon will appear on the Chrome start screen:
Run it and click “Find Devices”:
Select your device from the list. Then take the device and enable debugging by clicking “Ok”:
Then the application will be installed on the phone and the broadcast will begin. Please note that you need Google Chrome for this method, Chromium is not supported as there is no PNaCL plugin that is used by the application. After starting the broadcast, the program will prompt you to select the basic settings:
And then you can screen the phone on the android computer and see what is happening there.
In this article, we looked at how the screen is broadcast from android to computer. As you can see, it is very easy, especially with the first method. The second method is more complicated, but it has its own advantage. you can rotate the screen horizontally, apply different quality settings, and so on. If you still have questions, ask in the comments!
Screen mirroring to TV
It often happens that you need to duplicate the screen of your computer or mobile devices on your TV. For example, when you have photos and videos that you want to share with family or friends on a large modern screen. A few years ago, not everyone would have been able to cope with this difficult task, but today new technologies make it easy to solve it both for modern TVs and for more outdated models. To do this, you must first select the necessary computer devices and applications.
There are three most common ways to transfer images from an external screen to a TV:
- HDMI cable
Screen mirroring using a Miracast adapter
There is a second way of transmitting images over the newer standard called Miracast, which will be especially useful for Windows 10 users. It is often referred to as “HDMI over Wi-Fi” because it allows various devices to connect using wireless networks. First introduced in Windows 8.1 and later. Almost all laptops and modernized operating systems use this technology. Miracast is able to play not only HD video on the TV, but also display all the current actions of the monitor.
Miracast connection sequence:
- Go to computer settings and click “Devices”.
- Then go to the “Connected devices” tab and click “Add device”.
- Wait for the computer to finish detecting the device from the available options and click on the TV icon.
- If the computer does not automatically connect to the TV, right-click and select Display Settings, set multiple displays in the Duplicate These Displays tab, and then click Connect to Wireless Display.
- After detecting the TV, press the “Connect” button to display the PC on the TV receiver.
- While this gadget can be considered a breakthrough in terms of connectivity, it has one drawback as it cannot detect some TV models.
Unhappy with Screen Mirroring with Miracast? Here’s another wireless solution. device for transferring media content to TV EZcast.
Transfer video to TV over Wi-Fi
Screen mirroring is easily feasible, if the mobile device and the TV are made by the same manufacturer, they are likely to have a “screen mirroring” function (or something SIMilar) on both devices. This will allow you to immediately see everything on your smartphone on TV without any hassle. If the devices are released by different manufacturers, then you need to enable the DLNA (Wi-Fi Direct) function on the TV and download the DLNA application to the smartphone via GooglePlay.
You can use the decent AllCast app (free for iOS and Android). For those with an AppleTV, iPhone, or iPad, it is possible to connect via the AirPlay app to share with TV. Older brands of TV and mobile equipment do not have such built-in functions, so you will have to use special adapters Chromecast, Miracast and EZcast.
Chromecast streaming device
Screen mirroring to TV. a very reliable and widely used method all over the world. This is a streaming device designed to connect your PC and any mobile gadgets from 2010 and up to your TV. You can use it to listen to your music or watch photos and online videos from sites like YouTube.
Chromecast connection sequence:
Mirroring photos and videos to TV via HDMI. Connecting PCs and Mobile Devices to Sony TVs
Before performing Sony Screen Mirroring, you need to read the user manual and check the output ports on the PC to verify the connection parameters and the correct connection cable. It is best to use an HDMI or DVI connection whenever possible, as these options combine video and audio signals in a single cable and also offer an HD expansion for the TV receiver screen.
- Connect one end of the interconnect cable to the appropriate port on the side or back of the computer and the other. to the corresponding port on the back of the TV.
- Each port on the TV is clearly labeled with its function, so there should be no problem finding the correct port. Turn on Sony.
- Press the AV or EXT button on the TV remote control until the PC output appears on the TV screen.
- If the display is stretched or cropped around the edges, you will need to select resolution settings on your computer.
- To configure the settings for displaying PC on TV, you must click the “Start” button on the taskbar on the desktop, go to “Control Panel”, and then select the “Appearance and Personalization” tab.
- Click on the “Adjust Screen Resolution” function and select your preferred resolution from the drop-down menu.
- Experiment with different resolutions until you find a setting that displays correctly on Sony.
- Click the Apply button to confirm and save the settings.
Duplication of the Samsung screen, PC screens, smartphones of other mobile devices is carried out using the Screen Mirroring function, which is present on Samsung F, J, K, M-series TVs. If mobile devices or TV do not have this function, then Smart View software is used for transmission, even working with iOS. The screen mirroring procedure is the same as above.
Screen mirroring with HDMI
- Find the HDMI port, connect one end to your TV and the other. to PC.
- Turn on both devices and press “Enter” with the TV remote control.
- Select HDMI from options. You can now see your monitor on TV.
- you need to right-click on the speaker icon on the PC;
- select the following options in sequence: “Playback device” “Playback” tab “Digital output device (HDMI)” “Yes”.
Everything, the connection is ready.
As you can see, this method is easy, reliable and of high quality, but it has drawbacks caused by certain inconveniences for users due to the limited length of the cable, which can interfere, for example, with children playing in front of the TV.
Casting an Image to a TV Using EZcast
- multimedia support: Miracast, DLNA, Airplay for mobile devices and PC;
- highly integrated SoC (600 MHz);
- reliable in operation;
- compact, energy efficient, high-speed H.264 1080P Full HD;
- automatic channel selection;
- supports Wi-Fi module;
- USB TV port.
Universal mirror receiver using AirServer
Mirroring computer screen to TV with AirServer is popular and can easily convert a SIMple large screen or projector into a versatile mirror receiver. It does this by integrating all the major mirroring technologies like AirPlay, Google Cast, and Miracast into one universal receiver. With AirServer on the big screen, users can use their own devices such as iPhone, iPad, Mac, Android, Nexus, Pixel, Chromebook or Windows 10 PC to wirelessly display videos on the big screen.
Thus, today there are enough different technologies that allow you to duplicate the screens of iPad, PC, laptops in offices, educational institutions, conference rooms or at home and turn any plasma TV into an ultra-modern multimedia center.
Duplicate with Chromecast
With the proprietary Google prefix, you can configure the broadcast from gadgets based on both iOS and Android. No more equipment is needed to enable mirroring of the iPhone screen on a TV or start a live display from a smartphone. It is worth noting that set-top boxes capable of processing a video stream of heavy weight and resolution, up to 4K, will cost more. You can use cheaper analogs. as practice shows, there is no particular difference in quality.
The order of presetting TV and phone:
- You connect the set-top box to the TV using the cord supplied by the manufacturer.
- Download branded software Google Home.
- After starting, follow the further instructions of the interactive explorer.
The technology allows not only watching videos and photos stored in the smartphone’s memory on a wide diagonal, but also launching live broadcasts. as well as fully playing mobile games and even working in specialized applications. In addition, it is possible to duplicate presentations and demo films on the screen.
Castto. mirroring phone screen to TV
Castto is an excellent screen mirroring app from Android phone to TV. The application comes with many useful features that can be used by its users.
It has an excellent search for nearby devices, so connecting to your Smart TV is very easy. The connection will be made via a secure connection and will protect your data on your smartphone.
Unlimited smartphone-to-TV streaming lets you watch videos, movies, photos and apps on your TV.
To transfer data from the phone screen to the TV, you must:
- Download to your Android phone or tablet from the Google Play Store. You need to install the correct app called Screen Mirroring, Cast Phone to TV-Castto.
- Your devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- In the TV settings, activate the Miracast Display function, and launch Wireless Display on the phone.
- Press the select button, after which the application will show all nearby devices to which you can connect.
Choose a TV to connect and give permission when connecting directly to it using the remote control.
The devices are synchronized and you can enjoy watching on the big screen TV.
You can see all the work that is being done on the screen, be it moving the home screen or opening an app.
You can go to your gaming applications and play while looking at the TV screen.
Show your photos on the big screen for the whole family or stream a movie.
Due to the fact that the menu has several languages, the application can be used in different regions. It supports English, Portuguese, French and Spanish. Choose your language before using the app.
Works with any Samsung, LG, Sony, Philips TV.
We use a Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL) cable to connect a smartphone to a TV
Most phones are currently connected using the Mobile High-Definition Link wire. The principle itself is SIMilar to the methods described above, but there is a definite advantage. Using a cable allows you not only to broadcast the picture from the gadget to the TV in FullHD format, but also to SIMultaneously recharge the smartphone. This eliminates the need for a charger. MHL cable combines the function of HDMI cable and micro USB.
Without software and cables
The display broadcast function is already most often laid down by the developer of modern smartphones. Each manufacturer calls this feature differently. For example, Screen Mirroring is a feature on Samsung devices. The principle of operation is to transfer the image from the phone screen to the TV via Wi-Fi.
The obvious advantage is that there is no need for a wired connection. The disadvantage is the possibility of interrupting the connection, as well as delaying the picture or audio. Important criteria are the quality of the Wi-Fi module on the TV, the speed of information transmission and the power of the phone.
As an example, we offer a Samsung smartphone.
- In the phone menu, you need to find the item with connections and select “Other networks”. Among them is the Screen Mirroring function. On the TV itself, you must activate the picture broadcast function.
- An inscription with the TV model should appear on the smartphone. Click on the title. Connection can be made within a few minutes.
- The connection is complete. The picture on the phone and TV is the same. Using this function, you can not only watch videos, images, but also run games installed on your smartphone.
We’ve covered five different ways to watch a movie from your phone on TV. Each method has a number of advantages and disadvantages. Check out each of them and choose the most convenient and suitable for your specific situation. Progress does not stand still, programmers develop the latest ways of transferring information.
Perhaps, in the near future, we will be offered new possibilities for connecting a smartphone and a TV. One thing will remain unchanged: the ability to broadcast the phone display allows you to watch movies or photos not on a small smartphone screen, but on a large TV screen. Leave comments on the article if you have questions.
To duplicate the screen from an Android smartphone, follow the aLGorithm:
- Connect the cable first to the previously purchased adapter, and then, with the other end, to the TV.
- Select HDMI as the video source in the TV menu.
- Build the picture size to fit your monitor as needed.
In addition to your smartphone, you can connect other devices to the TV that greatly SIMplify the work: from a mouse and keyboard to a joystick or touchpad.
In addition to the general techniques and technologies discussed in the article, most TV manufacturers offer their own original solutions. These include, in particular, the Screen Mirroring function from Samsung. All these options are fundamentally the same and often differ only in name. which means that you can easily master the new method if you purchased a model from another manufacturer.
Note that some functions, and even such popular as Wi-Fi Direct, are not supported by some TV models. Fortunately, the problem is slowly becoming a thing of the past, but you may still need to use an HDMI cable or a dedicated box to enable Dubbing. A wired connection also has undeniable advantages: in particular, you do not have to deal with complex multistep settings and worry about the quality of the wireless connection.
we will tell you how to work correctly with the Screen Mirroring function:
- Going to the subsection “Other networks”, you activate the corresponding option. The subsection will be located in the main section “Connections”. In parallel, you can adjust the playback parameters. otherwise you will have to do this after the duplication has started.
- When a list of available devices appears on the smartphone display, select the TV to which you would like to start broadcasting. Please be patient: the syncing process, even on modern phones, can take up to several minutes.
- Turn on any available content on your smartphone. it will be automatically duplicated on a wide diagonal.
The use of the technologies described in the article allows you to broadcast any content on TV. not only videos. We advise you to choose for yourself several of the most suitable screen repetition methods: if it does not work with one, go straight to the other. all the technologies listed in the article allow you to get an equally good quality video stream at the output. If you have a question, ask it in the comments, we will try to help.
Screen Mirroring with All TV
One of the SIMple applications that will help you transfer the screen contents of your Android device to your TV.
To start mirroring your phone monitor, check the TV and smartphone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Then press the “Start” button and the search for devices available for signal transmission will begin.
In addition to the TV, other devices such as a laptop may appear in the list. Accordingly, you can also duplicate the screen on it.
In addition to connecting directly via a cable, you can use wireless methods, for example, various applications. A prerequisite is the presence of a Wi-Fi network.
- Google Home. home assistant
This method requires an Android operating system version not older than 4.4. Although no older models are currently being produced.
To interrupt the work, you need to select “Screen and sound broadcast” and then turn off.
The application has many different functions and an accessible interface. Outwardly, Vget looks like a SIMple internet browser. In the search bar, enter the name of the site for watching movies, launch the selected movie. In the window that appears on the phone screen, select DLNA and the TV model from the list provided. The broadcast is started via the Play button. The process will be displayed on the smartphone display and SIMultaneously on the TV screen via DLNA.
The main advantage of using Vget is the ability to work on a smartphone and while streaming. You can even turn off your phone. TV will not stop playing video.
How to watch a movie from your phone on TV
In today’s article, we’ll show you how to watch a movie from your phone on your TV. We suggest that you familiarize yourself with several options for connecting an Android device to a TV: using various types of cables, wireless connection and specially developed programs.
On modern models of smartphones with the Android operating system, you can download a lot of different information: photos, videos, games. Unfortunately, examination of small details is extremely inconvenient on the phone due to the small diagonal of its display. You will not enjoy watching a colorful movie if you decide to enable it on your phone. Sometimes you want to share bright photos taken with high resolution, but the technical capabilities of the smartphone are limited.
All methods can be conditionally divided into several groups:
- Wired connection (USB, HDMI and Mobile High-Definition Link cables)
- Wireless connection (built-in smartphone capability, web-downloaded broadcast software)
How to enable support for broadcasting Miracast image (WiDI) on Samsung, LG, Sony and Philips TVs
Usually, in order to be able to transfer the image from the phone to the TV, it is enough that the TV is turned on and the Wi-Fi adapter is turned on, but sometimes the wireless display function is turned off on the TV and you may need to turn it on in the settings first. Below are examples of such settings, on your TV the items may differ slightly, but the logic is usually the same and you can find the parameters you need.
- Samsung. on the TV remote, press the Source button and select Screen Mirroring. Also in the network settings of some Samsung TVs there may be additional items for setting screen mirroring.
- LG. go to settings (Settings button on the remote). Network. Miracast (Intel WiDi) and enable this function.
- Sony Bravia. Press the source selection button on your TV remote (usually at the top left) and select Screen mirroring. Also, if you enable Built-in Wi-Fi and a separate Wi-Fi Direct item in the TV network settings (go to Home, open Settings. Network there), the broadcast can be started without selecting a signal source (TV will automatically switch to wireless broadcast), but the TV must already be on.
- Philips. the option is enabled in Settings. Network settings. Wi-Fi Miracast.
Theoretically, the items can change from model to model, but almost all today’s TVs with a Wi-Fi module support image reception via Wi-Fi, and I’m sure you will be able to find the desired menu item.
How to transfer image from Android phone to TV. video instruction
Checking for screen casting support on Android and enabling casting
In order not to waste time, I recommend that you first make sure that your phone or tablet supports displaying images on wireless displays: the fact is that not every Android device is capable of this. many of them belonging to the lower and partly to the middle price segment are not support Miracast.
- On Android 9 (in the case of a clean OS), go to Settings. Connected devices. Connection settings. Broadcast and make sure that the option to transfer images from the phone is enabled in the menu, as in the screenshot below.
- On Samsung Galaxy smartphones, open the notification area completely and see if there is a Smart View icon there (keep in mind that icons in the notification area can be scrolled and the desired one may not be on the first page).
- On earlier versions of the OS, go to Settings. Display and see if there is an item “Broadcast” (in Android 6 and 7) or “Wireless display (Miracast)” (Android 5 and some devices with branded skins). If the item is present, you can immediately switch it to the “Enabled” state using the menu (called by three points) on pure Android or the On-Off switch in some shells.
- Another location where you can detect the presence or absence of a wireless image transfer function (“Screen transfer” or “Broadcast”) is the quick settings area in the Android notification area (however, it may be that the function is supported, but there are no buttons to turn on the broadcast, or it is hidden and can be enabled in the settings, as shown in the video below).
If you cannot find the settings for your wireless display, Screen Mirroring, Smart View, Broadcast, Miracast, or WiDi, try searching through the settings by going to the settings and using the search field. If nothing SIMilar is found, it is most likely that your device does not support wireless image transmission to a TV or other compatible screen.
How to Transfer Picture from Android Phone to TV
Not all owners of modern Smart TV and Android smartphones or tablets know that it is possible to transfer images from a phone to a TV via Wi-Fi using Miracast technology. There are other ways, for example, using an MHL cable or Chromecast (a separate device that connects to the HDMI port of the TV and receives an image via Wi-Fi) or using DLNA when connected to the same network.
In this manual, you will learn in detail how to use the ability to broadcast images with sound from your Android 9, 8, 7 and earlier phone to a TV that supports Miracast technology (Screen Mirroring). At the same time, despite the fact that the connection is carried out via Wi-FI, the presence of a router at home is not required, in any case for the direct transmission, which is discussed in the first part of the manual. Also may be of interest: How to use an Android and iOS phone as a TV remote.
Transferring images to an Android TV via Wi-Fi (Miracast)
Be sure to turn on Wi-Fi on your Android phone or tablet before you start, otherwise the following steps will show that no wireless screens are available.
Transferring an image from your phone to your TV may take slightly different steps depending on your Android version and smartphone brand, but the following options are usually available:
- In the notification area, find the “Broadcast” icon, and after searching for available TVs, click on the desired one and wait for the broadcast to start.
- If you have a Samsung Galaxy phone, find the Smart View icon in the notification area, tap on it, wait for the TV to be found, tap on it and wait for the broadcast to start.
- Go to Settings. Display. Broadcast (or Wireless Miracast Screen), your TV will be displayed in the list (it must be turned on at this moment). Click on it and wait for the connection to be completed. On some TVs, you will need to “allow” to connect (a prompt will appear on the TV screen).
- Open the list of quick actions in the Android notification area, select the “Broadcast” button (may not be available), after finding your TV, click on it.
That’s all. if everything went well, then after a short time you will see the screen of your smartphone or tablet on the TV (in the photo below, the “Camera” application is open on the device and the image is duplicated on TV).
You may also find additional information useful:
- The connection does not always happen the first time (sometimes it tries to connect for a long time and nothing comes out), but if everything that is required is included and supported, it is usually possible to achieve a positive result.
- Image and sound transfer rates may not be the best, and most games will not work like this.
- If you have launched some kind of video on your phone, and it is transmitted to the TV as a black screen (which can be in some players and with protected content), it is better to use the transfer methods described below in the section with additional image transfer methods.
- If you usually use portrait (vertical) screen orientation, then by turning on automatic rotation and rotating the device, you will make the image occupy the entire TV screen.
Additional options for transferring images, videos and photos from Android to TV
If your task is to transfer videos and photos to a TV, and not just transfer a screen with all its limitations, I recommend using other methods, but keep in mind that, unlike the previous method, it requires both TV and smartphone to be connected to the same networks (via cable or Wi-Fi. does not matter):
- An application for casting to XCast TV, available for free on the Play Store and supporting DLNA transmission (you can broadcast videos and photos from your phone), Chromecast and even AirPlay. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id= cast.video.screenmirroring.casttotv
- Cast Web Video app, which allows you to cast images not only from your phone, but also from network video services, is available here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=castwebbrowsertotv.castwebvideo.webvideocaster
- Do not forget that if the TV is on and you are playing YouTube videos on your phone, you can click on the broadcast icon in the application on your phone to start playing the same video on a TV with control over Android.
Hopefully one of the suggested solutions worked for your phone and TV sharing scenario.
Make sure Wi-Fi is turned on on your phone, and that your computer and phone are connected to the same network (router). Run “MyPhoneExplorer Client” on your phone. It is advisable to set up a Wi-Fi-PIN code to protect against unauthorized access (works with MyPhoneExplorer 1.8.1 and higher).
Start the PC client application. Make sure MyPhoneExplorer is not being blocked by Windows Firewall. Click “File Settings” and in the “Connection via.” group put the switch to the “Wi-Fi” position and click on the “OK” button.
In the main window “MyPhoneExplorer” click “File Connection”.
Convenient calendar interface: from “MyPhoneExplorer” you can add new events, notes, set reminders (their list is shown in a separate section). Android app has widgets to display these notes on your phone’s homescreen.
Make sure that your phone’s debug interface drivers are installed (ADB drivers are usually installed during the installation of your phone’s firmware, but can be found on the Internet separately for a specific model).
Make sure your phone has USB debugging enabled (“Application Settings Development USB Debugging” for Android 2 or “Settings For Developers USB Debugging” for Android 4).
In Android 4.2.2 and newer, you need to unlock the USB debugging option first (Settings About phone Build number tap 7 times).
Connect the phone to the laptop with a cable and launch the PC client “MyPhoneExplorer”. Click “File Settings” and in the “Connection via.” group, set the switch to the “USB cable” position and click on the “OK” button.
In the main window “MyPhoneExplorer” click “File Connection”.
Cast phone screen to computer
After the connection is established, you can synchronize the contents of your device with your computer. To display the phone screen on a computer, click: “Miscellaneous Phone keypad / Download screenshot”.
A window with a mobile phone screen will open. If the phone screen does not appear, try this USB connection error solution. Activate the checkbox “Update automatically” so that everything that happens on the phone screen is automatically displayed on the computer.
The funny option “Show mouse cursor in the phone” shows the computer mouse cursor directly on the phone screen, although its transfer to the computer is suspended.
If you do not use your phone for several minutes and he fell asleep, you can wake him up with the “Wake up device” button (green button at the top of the window).
The buttons at the bottom of the window duplicate the system buttons of the phone: “Menu”, “Home” and “Back”.
Installing and configuring MyPhoneExplorer
To start using the application, you need to download and install a client for a computer from the official website, as well as install an Android application from the Play Market.
You can connect to a computer using a USB cable, Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
Attention! The ability to broadcast the phone screen is available only when connected with a USB cable.
MyPhoneExplorer is also an information utility. In it you can view information about the smartphone model, processor, firmware, battery charge level, temperature, voltage (see the first picture of the article), as well as the amount of free and occupied memory.
- Linear view
- Combined view
- Tree view
Duplicating the phone screen on the screen of the ShGU charez AA
Who will try to unsubscribe, very interesting.
Before using third-party applications, make sure you have Android Auto version 2.9.5749 or later installed. In versions starting from 3.0.5705, Google closed the ability to use third-party applications on a GU car
Topic: Duplicating the phone screen on the screen of the ShGU through AA. Instruction from Solaris Forum
I’ll tell you right away what you need. Need a phone with Android 5 on board. If this condition is not met, there is no point in reading further.
Also, ROOT on the phone is VERY desirable. This is for poking your fingers in the GU, and it worked. If there is no RUT, you will have to perform all operations from the phone.
If all the conditions are met, you can watch a short video and understand. is it necessary? youtu.be/ii_lpEfmZqw Like it? Then let’s go:
Download and install Android Auto for your phone [download]. IMPORTANT! Android Auto version 3 (which is currently on Google Play) and AA Mirror are not compatible, so I gave you a download link from my I.
Download and install AA Mirror from. resource (always up-to-date version) or my Ya.D.
Launch Android Auto on a phone NOT CONNECTED to the car and do the following:
Click on this “squiggle”
We select the item “About the application”
5 (five) times tap on the heading “About Android Auto” (1) until three dots appear (2)
Congratulations, you are almost Zen! Then we poke at these 3 points that have appeared and select the “For Developers” item. We swing to the very bottom and select the item “Unknown sources”
With AA sorted out, go to AA Mirror (respectively, launch it on the phone NOT CONNECTED to the car). Here we will see several menus. Let’s start with Screen settings:
Brightness (turn on). Below you can enter a value from 0 to 255.0 is the minimum brightness, 255 is the maximum. This item is responsible for what will happen to the phone while AA Mirror is running. In human-like language, this means that when the application is running, the phone screen will be turned on (cannot be locked), but the brightness will be as low as possible.
Rotation. We expose Force. Below we choose 90 degree. This setting is responsible for the fact that when working with AA Mirror, the image is displayed not in portrait mode, but in landscape.
Restore rotation on focus lost [enable]. It is necessary so that when you disconnect the cable. the phone returns the settings to their original state. Without the disabled option, you will be stupid with a “broken screen” that shows the image strictly in landscape mode.
Screen size (root) [enable]. there are several options here. None. tells us that no elements need to be hidden. Hide Status. hides the status bar of your system (where there are notifications, clock and battery). Hide navigation. hides the on-screen control buttons (if you have a phone without physical buttons). Full immersive. hides all of the above.
Adjust ratio on focus [enable]. adjust the image to the resolution of our GU
Restore ratio on focus lost [enable]. will return everything to its original state
Open on start. is responsible for the menu to appear at startup (as in the video) on the left
Open on two finger tap. enables 2-finger response. We tap on the GU screen with two fingers. this menu opens.
With the setup finished. With trepidation, we connect the phone to AUTO iiiii.
After that, AA Mirror will ask for ROOT rights, which will need to be confirmed on the phone itself. If this is not done, you will not be able to control the contents of the screen from the GU, only from the phone.
Next, you will need to enable two settings (something like “allow over windows” and “allow changing system settings”). without them it will be buggy
Congratulations! If everything is done correctly, you will be able to run ANY applications like I do in the video.