How to Record Screen on iPhone se
IPhone Screen Recorder with Sound
If you activate recording by pressing a button in the “Control Center”, as described above in the article, there will be no sound in the final video.
By default, the microphone is turned off: this is the reason why the screen recording goes without sound.
To turn the microphone on or off, do not just press, but press and hold the record button. In the window that opens after this, activate it.
You will have to turn on the microphone by long pressing the icon every time you decide to remove the screen on iPhone with sound.
HDMI cable and adapter
If you are unfamiliar with such devices, I will explain briefly. The device itself is a small box with various inputs and outputs. You connect the phone to it via HDMI cable, and the box itself to the computer via the Thunderbolt or USB port.
QuickTime Player is a standard macOS player that is built into the system and can record an image from a connected iPhone or Mac screen.
First of all, let’s figure out on which equipment it will work and on which it will not. Your iPhone must be updated to iOS 8 and have a Lightning connector. available in phones from iPhone 5 and later, and tablets from iPad 4 and later. It follows that the iPhone 4S and iPad 3 do not support this option.
You will also need a computer with macOS at least Yosemite (version 10.10) and a Lightning cable (included in the box with the iPhone).
Connect your smartphone to your Mac using a cable and launch QuickTime. From the top menu select “File” → “New Video”.
By default, a window will open displaying the video of the built-in camera. At this stage, the player will request access to Mac cameras and microphones. you need to allow otherwise video and sound from Athos will not be displayed.
Click on the small down arrow to the right of the round red record button.
From the drop-down list in the field, you need the camera and microphone of your device. Here you can also select the video quality. Be careful with this parameter, as the size of the final file can grow a lot.
An exact snapshot of the image from your iPhone is displayed on the Mac screen. To start recording, click on the red round button (click on it to stop).
Automatic saving is not provided here. Therefore, after you finish recording the iPhone screen, do not forget to select in the top menu “File” → “Save”.
How to Record Screen on iPhone with Sound
Screen Recorder on iPhone is a useful feature that you can use to create short and not-so-great videos. Today I will tell you how to record a video from the iPhone screen with and without sound.
This step-by-step guide is great for iPad and iPod touch. I will also tell you how to write an image from the screen when connected to a computer via a Lightning cable.
Which iPhones have built-in screen recording
You do not need to install third-party applications for this, because the built-in ability to record what is happening on the iPhone screen appeared with the release of iOS 11. The function is out of sight, so it is not surprising that not everyone knows about it.
The following Apple device models are capable of recording:
- IPhones from iPhone 5s and older: SE / 6 / 6s / 7/8 / X / XR / XS / 11 and so on, including all Plus and Max versions. And of course the new 2nd generation iPhone SE.
- Tablets iPad Pro (12.9-inch, 2nd generation), Pro (12.9-inch, 1st generation), Pro (10.5-inch), Pro (9.7-inch), Air 2, Air 6- 1st generation, iPad 5th generation, iPad Mini 2, 3, 4 and newer tablets.
- All iPod touch 6th generation or older.
Owners of older devices, such as iPhone 5 or 4, will have to use other methods described below to capture video from their phone.
To view the installed iOS version, go to “Settings” → “General” → “About this device” → “Software version”.
In our IPWS-OTA service, you can enter the device model number and see what the maximum iOS version is available for it.
How to Capture Screen Videos on iPhone and iPad
To get started, go to Settings → Control Center → Customize Controls and tap the green icon next to Screen Recording. This will add a recording icon to the “Control Center”.
Step-by-step instructions on how to record video from the screen:
- Open the “Control Center”. To do this, swipe down from the top-right corner of the display on devices without a Home button, or swipe up from the bottom of the display on a smartphone or tablet with a Home button.
- Tap the record icon 2 times to start video recording, or press and hold it to turn the microphone on or off. You can also use a third-party extension like Messenger video streaming or Zoom screen sharing.
- You will see a red indicator in the upper left corner of the iPhone (or in the upper right corner of the iPad). Click it to stop recording.
- If you left the default settings, open the “Photos” application, where you will see the created video.
After you press the button to start recording, a 3-second countdown will begin before starting. The icon will turn red and blink while recording is in progress.
When you’re ready to finish and save your video, look at the red around the current time in the upper left corner of the iPhone display on newer models or in the upper right corner on iPad.
After clicking this icon on the status bar, click Stop to complete the process and save the video. Or use “Undo” to continue recording.
After clicking the “Stop” button, you will see a pop-up notification, by clicking on which you can go to the saved record and share it.
By the way, if you want such wallpapers, you can download them from here. There are other wallpapers from the iPhone SE 2020.
Reflector for Mac and Windows
Reflector is a receiver software for Mac and PC that allows you to broadcast the display of your iPad or iPhone to the screens of various devices in real time. There is a version for macOS, Windows, Android and Amazon Fire TV.
Reflector’s capabilities are significantly superior to the functions of recording a screen image from a smartphone, the program is more intended for remote work and showing the screen of any of its devices to the interlocutor. Of course, with the possibility of recording it.
Data transfer is carried out wirelessly via Wi-Fi using the AirPlay function built into Apple devices.
All that needs to be done is to install and run the program, then go to your device and in the AirPlay menu select which screen to broadcast the image for video capture.
With Reflector, you can easily play iOS games or show apps on the big screen without unnecessary wires and complex settings.
This function is supported by all new devices starting from iPhone 4S and iPad 2.
Reflector is a paid program, but it has a 7-day trial period. At the time this article was published
Which of the following video capture methods to use is up to you. By far the most convenient screen recording method has been built into iOS since version 11. Therefore, only owners of old smartphones cannot use it. They will be helped by the Reflector program, which works on macOS, Windows and even Android.
Third-party iPhone screen recorder apps
There are several apps that allow you to directly record videos on your iPad or iPhone. The first one is Screen Recorder. This is one of the oldest apps. It is easy to operate, but does its job well. Allows you to record any type of information on the screen equally well. Supports HD video format with clear sound range. Also in this program you can apply additional effects and music.
DU Recorder stands out for its reliability. The application allows you to directly record video and shoot live broadcasts. By the way, while streaming, you can still choose the video quality. There is also a function of protection against illegal actions in relation to video. The application will help you instantly cut out unnecessary frames or, conversely, add the necessary ones.
Display Screen recorder is the same recording application, but with a twist: all video files are stored in one endpoint and can be edited. Also, inside the application itself, you can share videos with other users.
Important! All these applications will be relevant only for users who cannot update their gadget to iOS 11.
How to Record Screen on iPhone. Setting Up
Recording a phone screen in the modern world is a necessity: send a business partner information on a deal, explain to friends how to go to some tab, or simply record a video call with a loved one. However, not everyone knows how to record screen on iPhone.
How to enable screen recording on older iPhones
Unfortunately, not every iPad or iPhone under the Apple umbrella supports the upgrade to iOS 11. In this case, you will need to consider one of the alternative options for screen recording.
Firstly, there is an option to use the proprietary function of Apple products. AirPlay. It allows you to download the currently displayed display picture to other devices. With its help, it becomes possible to transfer content to a personal computer.
This method also has a negative element. for the most part it is extremely difficult to make high-quality reception of information from the AirPlay function. To establish a connection between two devices, you need to download one of the applications from Apple. Air Server, AirPlay Receiver, Reflector or Lonely Screen. The easiest to use. Lonely Screen.
Important! AirPlay will not work if the PC and the owner’s device are using different network connections. Therefore, the first step is to connect both devices to the same network.
Algorithm of actions for working with Lonely Screen:
- Download the distribution kit. At the end of the first boot, a notification from the internal security system on the PC will appear on the screen. Be sure to confirm the app’s access to all networks.
- Run the program.
- Unlock the phone. Next, you will need to turn on the “Control Center”, in the report menu, select “Screen repeat”.
- After that, a context menu will appear on the phone display, where all currently available devices for streaming will be displayed. If the desired destination is not in the list, it is recommended to check the device connection and network operation.
- In the menu that appears, select the Lonely Screen item, waiting for the end of the synchronization process. After that, an image from the phone screen will appear on the computer screen.
- To further record video on your computer, you will need to use other programs. The simplest option is the WinG keyboard shortcut (if the operating system is Windows). After activating the hotkeys, the “Open Game Panel” window will appear on the display. To confirm the action, you must check the box “Yes, this is a game.” You can also use other applications. Capture, Nvidia Shadow Play, etc.
An alternative method of recording video from the phone screen is the iTools program. To do this, you need to download it to your computer, install and run it. Algorithm of actions:
- Connect iPhone to computer via USB cable, answering affirmatively to the appeared system message “Trust this computer?”.
- Open the application on your computer and select the “Tools” menu.
- Go to Screen Mirroring.
- The system will display a message stating that the program is launching root mode on the iPhone (developer system).
- Confirm this statement by clicking OK.
- Unlock iPhone. After that, the system itself will start the process of capturing video files on the PC,
- To start recording video, you need to click on the icon with a red circle, in parallel choosing the quality format and the location of the residual files.
- Regardless of the moment of recording, the stream itself can be expanded in full screen on a PC. The final view of the image will be vertical.
The situation is different with users who have a MacBook. For them, video recording from the screen (regardless of which model is S, SE, X, XR) will be carried out by the internal resources of the system, but connected to a computer.
To do this, you need to use the built-in QuickTime Player utility, which is natively present in any device from Apple. The utility allows the owner to create records and open them after.
Important! The quality of video recording on a PC will differ significantly from Windows, and for the better.
QuickTime connects to any Apple device that has the correct firmware version installed. You will need to do the following:
- Connect your phone to your computer via a cord. When pairing these devices for the first time, you will need to confirm that the device is safe and trustworthy.
- Open the QucikTime Player utility on your computer. The quickest way to do a search is through the Spotlight assistant. To do this, use the “Command” and “Space” hotkey combination. In the line that opens at the top, you must enter the name of the desired service.
- In the upper left corner there will be a section with a drop-down menu “File” with a subsection “New video”.
- When you first capture the camera, the program will need confirmation to use sound recording elements (microphone and camera in particular).
- After confirmation, the utility will start recording video, but initially the stream will go from the computer’s web camera. You can transfer the shooting to your phone using the upside down arrow, which is located on the side of the recording activation button.
- Next, you will need to select the desired device from which the recording will go.
- After switching functions to the phone, the computer screen will display the same as the smartphone screen. However, if it was not possible to start the process, then it is recommended to unlock the phone again or repeat the process again.
- Screencast will be performed after activating the “Rec” icon. The “Stop” command will end the process.
After the end of the recording, the user will be offered the opportunity to preview it. After completion, you can close the screencast and click on “File”, then “Save”.
If you need professional sound recording on your phone, you can also connect a microphone. You can change the type of recording device in the settings. the item “Define the sound source”. In the same subsection, you can select the quality in which the screen will be recorded.
The final step in the whole process is exporting the recording. The system itself will suggest where to save the video and what name to assign it.
Where is iPhone screen video stored
The iPhone’s default settings are set to automatically display video files in the Videos section. Therefore, the screen recording will be there.
How to Find Screen Recording on iPhone
It is possible to find the screen recording function on the iPhone in the settings or integrated functions only in one case. if the version of the iPhone operating system is iOS 11 generation or higher. In such a situation, the need to use third-party programs automatically disappears.
The screen recording function itself is located in the “Control Center” subsection. With the release of iOS 11, the creators added a tab that opens with a swipe from the bottom to the top of the screen.
In the subsection “Control Center”, select “Customize controls”. After selection, a menu will open where you can add the desired widgets and functions. To be able to quickly record video from your phone screen, you need to activate “Screen Recorder”.
Important! Initially, there is no screen recording function in the “Control Center”, so you shouldn’t look for it there.
What to do if iPhone screen recording is silent
Most users face a similar problem. In vain attempts to find the cause, they get a broken microphone or use third-party applications that heavily load the system. With the release of the fifth model, the engineers decided to introduce two microphones into the device. One of them is mounted between the camera and the flash, and it is used when recording sound on video.
First of all, you should check that the microphone is not caught in a case or protective film, because some creators of accessories forget to leave room for it.
Advice! Sometimes you can make a cut in the protective film yourself to leave this place without pressure.
Also, dirt and dust can clog into the slot itself, which significantly reduces the level of reproduced sound.
You should also check if the microphone is connected at all to the video recording. By default, it does not turn on when you record video from the screen on an iPhone or iPad. To do this, when selecting the recording function itself, press the recording activation button. After some time, a context menu will open, below which the “Enable” or “Disable” option for the microphone will be displayed.
How to Record Screen on iPhone
After adding the “Screen Recorder” function, you will need to call the drop-down menu of the phone. To do this, you need to swipe your finger from the bottom to the top of the screen. The required icon looks like a bold dot inside a thin circle. After pressing, a countdown will appear on the screen until the start of the recording process. The recording itself will start when the button turns red.
Stopping recording occurs in the same order:
- Called “Control Center”.
- Then you need to click on the video recording button.
Important! This type of video recording is only suitable for modern iPhone models. For older ones, you will have to use other methods.
Why iPhone Screen Recording Won’t Save
There are several main reasons. This list should not be considered as an algorithm of actions, but rather as different options for solving the problem:
- The most common method is to reboot the device. There is always a chance of a system glitch.
- If the problem persists, then it is recommended to clear the cache in Safari. To do this, you need to go along the path “Settings. Safari. Clear history”.
- The next step is to reinstall the recording tab to the “Control Center”. You just need to delete and add it to the tab.
- It is also recommended to give up power saving and exit power saving mode while recording video. This can be done by following the path “Settings. Battery. Turn off low battery mode”.
- System incompatibility. Some users intentionally install iOS 11 on their phone in the knowledge that the device will not be able to work. In this case, you need to roll back the system. Go along the path “Settings. Reset. Reset all data”.
- Check the system for restrictions. Follow the path “Settings. General. Restrictions”. After that, the system will ask you to enter a valid iPhone password and scroll the menu to the most recent tab. At the bottom there will be a term “Screen recording”, if the slider is not active, then the phone screen will not be captured, so you need to move it to the right side.
There are several ways to record video from the iPhone screen. Using any of them, you can easily create screencasts for streaming games and other video designs.
Enable screen recording
Usually, the first thing to do when there is a problem with the device, it is rebooted. In our case, this is also true, but before that, check if the screen recording option is enabled.?
- Go to Settings.> Control Center.
- Find Customize Controls.
- Add Screen Recorder option.
Reset all settings
If the above methods don’t solve the problem, try resetting your iPhone. This method will not delete data from iPhone. Just go to Settings.> General.> Reset.> Reset All Settings.
Screen recording is saved without sound
There are times when the screen capture works, but the recording is saved without sound. No need to invent here. just turn on the microphone.
- open the Control Center;
- click the screen capture icon;
- then tap the Microphone icon to unmute.
IPhone Screen Recording Error: How to Fix?
IPhone users often face various problems, one of which is the case when they cannot save the screen recording. In this case, an error appears on the phone: “Failed to save screen recording”. Someone’s text may differ slightly, but the meaning is clear.
The next step, as well as after adding the parameter, restart the device. Turn off the power and wait for a while, 20-30 seconds is enough. When booting the system, do not rush to check if the error is gone. Let the device fully load components, files, applications running in the background.
After that, you can check again whether the error has disappeared or not. If iPhone still won’t save, move on to a deeper check.
Screen recording is not saved in Photos
If you are unable to save the screen recording after recording, please make sure there is enough space on your iPhone. You can check by going to Settings → General → iPhone Storage. If iPhone Storage is almost full and you don’t want to delete anything, upload your screen recordings to iCloud or export to your computer.
Clear iPhone browser cache
Clearing the browser cache on your iphone is sometimes helpful. For this:
- Open Preferences.> Safari.
- Select Clear History and Website Data.
- After deleting the history, the settings are usually highlighted in gray.