How To Record Screen Video On iPhone 7
Recording via Mac computer or MacBook laptop
The third method is perfect for those users who use outdated devices and are not capable of updating to iOS 11. If you own a Mac OS-based PC or laptop, you can record the screen using standard functions without the need to download third-party utilities.
This option is available through the standard QuickTime Player service, which is the default on all apple desktops. The program allows the user to create recordings and then play them back. It is noteworthy that the recording quality through this utility is much higher than through Windows. You can sync QuickTime with any Apple device, which can also have any firmware version installed. You need to follow these steps:
- Connect iPhone to Mac OS device via USB cable;
- If your device is connecting to the computer for the first time, then allow it access when the corresponding security tab appears;
- Launch the QuickTime Player application. To speed up the search time for a utility, use Spotlight Assistant. To do this, hold down the two Command and Space buttons, and then enter the name of the service;
- In the upper left corner, click on “File” and then “New Entry”;
- Also if this is your first time doing screen delight, the program will ask for permission to use the microphone and camera;
- The program will start recording, but will first start capturing from the computer’s webcam. To switch to screencast from your smartphone, click on the upside-down arrow next to the record button (red circle with a white circle around). Select the connected device. If desired, you can select other settings here. define the sound source (choose where the sound will come from) or adjust the quality. Just keep in mind that the higher the quality, the greater the weight of the total file;
- After switching to iPhone, the display will show what is displayed on the smartphone. If nothing appears on the screen, then Unlock or try to disconnect the device and connect it again;
- To start screencast, click on the Rec. Icon. To end screen delight, click on Stop (gray square).
After completing the recording, the user will be able to immediately view the result. If you want to save it, then close the screencast or click on “File”, then “Save”. After the program will offer to export the record (you need to choose a name for).
What is screen recording?
Screencast is a way of displaying information in a.format for transferring data through the recording itself. In simple terms, for example, an Apple user needs to demonstrate how to activate a particular function on a smartphone in order to show it to another. To do this, a special button is pressed, and after three seconds the screen capture begins, which, after the end of the recording, is automatically saved to the gallery.
At the request of the user, it is possible to record with sound (using a microphone). In this case, you will not be able to hear not only the sounds of what is happening on the display, but also what you say during the screen capture.
Recording via iTools program
Another universal tool for working with Apple devices is the iTools program, which provides a huge number of options and capabilities. And one of them is device screen recording.
- Download the iTools program to your computer and activate;
- Connect iPhone to your computer using a USB cable;
- Open the iTools program, go to the “Tools” section and select “Screen mirroring”;
- A notification will appear on the screen that the system is activating developer mode on your smartphone. Agree with this notification, clicked on the “Ok” tab;
- Next, you will need to unlock the iPhone so that the system automatically starts broadcasting to your computer;
- To start recording, you need to name the icons with red circles and select the recording quality, as well as the directory where all files will be saved;
- You can expand to full screen on your computer at any time, and it will be displayed in approximately the same format as on the phone in a vertical position.
Screen recording with built-in iOS function
The first and one of the easiest ways is to use a standard function embedded in the firmware. To record what is happening on the screen, you need to make sure this option is configured correctly. This is evidenced by the appearance of a round icon of the start key located in the “control center” (displayed if you pull the curtain from the bottom edge of the screen with a swipe up, on iPhone X and above. swing down from the upper right edge of the display). To activate a screencast, you need to do the following:
- On iPhone, go to the “Settings” tab;
- Scroll down to Control Center;
- Next, go to the “Customize controls” section;
- After the steps taken, you will be taken to the setup menu. Here you can reorder, add or remove items. You need a list of ” Controls”. To use the screen capture function, put a plus sign on the “Screen Recorder”;
- Close Settings by pressing the Home key or swiping your finger up from the bottom of the screen (white bar)
- Open the “Control Center”. after the steps taken, a new icon should appear.
All that you have done above is to add a screen recording icon to the Control Center, since this button is there by default. As soon as you add it, you need to bring up this menu with a swipe up and click on the record icon.
How to understand that the recording is in progress? After a three-second report, the icon will turn red, and a line of the same color will appear at the top.
As mentioned just above, it is possible to record with the introduction of a microphone. However, by default this feature is disabled and the screencast is recorded without sound. To make the sound work on. forcefully click on the new icon. after that a small menu will appear, where you need to tap on the “Audio microphone”.
If after pressing it lights up in red and “On” appears, then the microphone is working. If you want to mute the sound. Do the same.
You can stop recording in two ways: by pressing directly on the round icon in the shutter (after confirming the action, clicked on “stop”), or by touching the upper red status bar. It will appear in the film in the folder “”. If necessary, the recording can be trimmed or effects applied.
Screencast will be recorded in MP4 format, speed. 50 frames per second and in two-channel stereo sound. In general, the final recording is kept in good quality.
Which iOS versions have built-in recording
The standard recording function is not available for all firmware versions. The screencast appeared in iOS 11. The easiest way is to update to the latest firmware. But if there is such a possibility, then for earlier versions it is necessary to install the program through the App Store.
For example, the paid Vidyo app for 300 rubles (works with devices above iOS 9) or Reflector.
What program will be installed on a jailbroken device is described below. A free legal way is to install third-party software on a Windows-based computer or use the built-in utility on a Mac. This is what is written further.
How to Record from iPhone Screen
If you need to record from the screen of an iOS device, you can do it using different methods. This feature will help you capture a screencast of a photo gallery, messages, game recordings, instructions, and any other task that involves the delight of what is displayed. One way to make a recording does not require downloading additional programs from the App Store or hacking the system. recently, in the 11 version of the firmware, a convenient one-click screen recording function appeared. Although earlier, when we had not yet presented iOS 11, we had to jailbreak or buy expensive programs from third-party developers, which hit the s of users hard.
In this article, we will tell you in detail and step by step how to make a screencast in several ways: with the built-in means of an iPhone or iPad, from a Mac or Windows computer (the recording process will take place directly on a PC after connecting the device via a USB cable), and we will also list several popular free applications.
LonelyScreen AirPlay Receiver
- Download software. After the first launch, a notification from the Windows security system will appear. Be sure to allow access to all networks (for this reason, it is required that both devices be connected to the same network);
- Run the LonelyScreen utility;
- After unlocking the iPhone, pull the shutter of the “Control Center” and click on “Screen Repeat”;
- After that, a window will be displayed in which the available devices for broadcasting will be displayed. If the list contains downloaded software, then check if both devices are connected to the same Internet network;
- With LonelyScreen selected, wait for the sync to complete. Next, the PC will display the iPhone screen;
- Then use third-party Windows programs or built-in broadcast options. The easiest way would be to use a combination of WinG buttons (after simultaneously holding down, for example, on Windows 10, the Open Game Bar dialog box appears and the “Yes, this is a game” checkbox appears, which you need to click on). Or additionally download third-party software, for example. free Capture, NVIDIA ShadowPlay, Ezvid or Open Broadcaster Software, paid ones. Bandicam, Fraps or Dxtory.
Screen Recording via PC on Windows
The second method is suitable for those who work on Windows 7, 8 or 10 version. For this method, the apple device and the PC must be connected to the same Internet network (Wi-Fi or wired Ethernet). To perform this method, you will need a third-party program, preferably free, that accepts broadcast via AirPlay. The LonelyScreen AirPlay Receiver is ideal. We recommend downloading the software from the developer portal on the official website. What you need to do to record a screencast from the iPhone screen?
Since our article is universal, we have described the screen recording method on the iPhone and for those users who have Jailbreak on their device. At the moment it is known about the existence of a single program for these purposes. For users who just need a screencast function, we suggest trying AirShou.
You can download the program for free on the official website of the developer. In order to install and use the utility, follow these steps:
- Go to the official website using the link from your device and in the browser click on the square with the arrow;
- Click on “Add to Desktop”;
- After that, the program will appear in the menu. Launch it, you will automatically be taken to Cydia (analogous to the App Store for jailbreak) and you will be prompted to install the utility through the market. After downloading, all records can be processed in the application itself.
As you can see, there are a lot of options for recording from the iPhone screen, but basically it all comes down to using standard iOS tools, if the version allows it. In fact, Apple is constantly improving its mobile operating system, introducing various chips and options that were not there before. With the built-in screen recording, it has become easier for many users to record various instructions and guides, explanations, and the file can be immediately sent to social networks or to the cloud in a few clicks, which is very convenient. Stay tuned for iOS updates and install them regularly to get access to all the features. New doesn’t mean bad!
IOS Screen Recording
Starting with iOS 11, a capture function appeared in the Apple mobile OS, which allows you to capture everything that happens on the iPhone or iPad screen, and then save the file to the gallery. Here’s what you need to do.
- Go to Settings → Control Center → Customize Controls.
- Find the item “Screen Recording” in the list and click on the green plus next to it.
- Exit the settings and open the “Control Center” by swiping up from the bottom edge of the screen.
- The “Screen Recorder” icon appears in the bottom row of icons.
- Click on it and exactly three seconds after the countdown, recording will begin.
During recording, the status bar will turn red, signaling the capture process. After the end, it will be saved in the standard Photo application, from where it can be shared in any convenient way or uploaded to the cloud.
How to record screen on iPhone. proven methods. How to Record iPhone and iPad Screen in Windows 10, 8 and Windows 7
Note: to use the method, both the iPhone (iPad) and the computer must be connected to the same network, it does not matter via Wi-Fi or using a wired connection.
If necessary, you can record from the screen of your iOS device from a Windows computer or laptop, but this will require third-party software that allows you to perceive the broadcast via AirPlay.
I recommend using the free LonelyScreen AirPlay Receiver program, which can be downloaded from the official website http://eu.lonelyscreen.com/download.html (after installing the program, you will see a request to allow it to access public and private networks, you should allow it).
The steps for recording will be as follows:
- Launch LonelyScreen AirPlay Receiver.
- On your iPhone or iPad connected to the same network as the computer, go to the control center (swipe up from the bottom) and click “Screen Repeat”.
- The list will show the available devices to which you can broadcast the image via AirPlay, select LonelyScreen.
- The iOS screen will be displayed on the computer in the program window.
After that, you can record screen recordings using Windows 10 built-in tools (by default, you can call the recording panel with the WinG keyboard shortcut) or using third-party programs (see Best programs for recording from a computer or laptop screen).
We record from the iPhone screen via Windows
If your iPhone runs on iOS 10 and below, and the capabilities are updated, then go to the method with the introduction of a computer. Note that it will suit the categories of users who can connect a smartphone and a PC to the same Wi-Fi network. So, for the convenience of information perception, use the following guide:
- Download the LonelyScreen AirPlay Receiver utility to the Windows device. This can be done, for example, from the official website of the developer.
- Install and run the application. We will NOT describe the installation, as it is performed in a standard way.
Install and run the application
- Let’s unlock the iPhone and go to the control center. Here we find the “Screen Repeat” icon and click on it. If there is an icon in the list, then make sure iPhone and computer are on the same network.
Click on the “Screen Repeat” icon
- In the window that opens, click on the line “LonelyScreen”.
Click on the line “LonelyScreen”
- Checking that the iPhone screen is displayed in the program on the PC.
IPhone screen displayed in the program on PC
What to do next? And then run the utility that allows you to record the computer screen. It can be either built-in or third-party program.
Screen recording via QuickTime on macOS
If you wish, you can also record the screen using a Mac. In this case, you can use earlier versions of iOS as well. In addition, the status bar will not be colored red, and the time and network indicators on it will be like in all Apple presentation and advertising. To record iPhone or iPad screen via QuickTime on Mac, do the following.
- Connect iOS device to Mac with cable.
- Launch QuickTime and select File menu → New Entry.
- In the preview window that opens, click the record button.
- When finished recording, press the button again and save the clip to disk.
In the drop-down menu, by clicking the arrow next to the record button, you can optionally select the built-in Mac microphone or the microphone of your mobile device as the audio source for recording. Quality is also set there.
We use standard iOS features
But not everyone knows, but the default screen recording mode is available on smartphones with iOS 11 and above. It does NOT require Jailbreak and third-party software to enable it. All you need to do is follow the instructions of the Step-by-step instructions below:
- Go to iPhone settings, clicked on the application icon on the desktop.
- We go to the “Control Center” tab. Note that the desired section can be opened in a different way. It is enough to return to the menu with applications and swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Now open the section “Customize controls”.
- In the tab that opens, you can select the tools that will be located in the quick access menu, that is, in the “control point”. You can change the order of the utilities, as well as add new services from the list. We are interested in the line “Screen recording“, to the left of which you need to click on the button “”.
Setting up screen recording
The required element has been added, which means that you can close the application with settings. To enable screen recording, slide your finger up the bottom of the display. Simply put. we do a swipe. With this gesture, we open the “Control Center“, where you need to click on the icon in the form of a circle with a dot inside. After recording starts, the icon turns red, which acts as an indicator.
By default, the recording is carried out without sound from the microphone, which is not suitable for some users. To fix the situation, press hard on the record icon. If you have an iPhone without Force Touch support, hold your finger on the icon to access additional settings. Now in the window that appears, click on the “Audio microphone” button. Upon successful activation of sound recording from the microphone, the icon will turn red.
Turn on audio recording from the microphone
The finished product can be viewed in the “Photo” program, or rather, in the album “”.
How to record from the screen iPhone with sound with built-in programs. Step by step instructions
Previously, screen recording was only possible with a jailbreak, but now users can launch a screencast using built-in iPhone functions, third-party apps from the App Store, or from their Windows computer, MAC OS.
- To do this, open the iPhone settings and go to the “Control Center” section. Recall that the “Control Center” is a menu that opens with a swipe from the bottom edge of the screen. There you can adjust the screen brightness, as well as other commonly used iPhone functions.
- After you have opened the section with the settings of the “Control Center“, you need to go to the subsection “Customize controls”.
- Thus, you will be taken to a menu in which you can configure which elements will be available in the “control point”. Here you can add and remove items, and change their order. In order to get the ability to enable iPhone screen recording, you need to add an element “Screen Recording”.
- Now you can enable screen recording on iPhone. To do this, finger upwards from the bottom edge of the screen, so to open the “Control Center“. Then click on the screen recording button, which looks like a point and a circle. As a result, a countdown will appear inside the button, and then the button will turn red, signaling that screen recording has already begun. In order to stop recording, go back to the “Control Center” and press this button again.
- Also, when you turn on screen recording, you can open a menu with additional settings. To do this, you need to press the record button and hold it down for a while. As a result, a menu will appear on the screen in which you can enable sound recording from the microphone.
- After stopping the recording, the resulting clips can be found in the “Photos” application in the album “”. Using the “Share” button you can send theses from the “Photos” application to the cloud storage or by email. You can also connect your iPhone to your computer and uploads directly, they will be in the same folder as your photos.
As you can see, there are several ways to record the iPhone screen. Each user independently chooses the best option for himself, starting from the iOS version and the power of the smartphone. We tried to cover the topic in detail, but if you have any questions, please write them in the comments.
How to Record iPhone or iPad Screen without Jailbreak
Two proven ways to grip without the hassle.
There are at least two ways to record from the screen of iOS devices, allowing you to create screencasts for streaming games, instructions, and other needs. Fortunately, you do NOT need a jailbreak to use them. Let’s take a closer look at each of them.