How To Record Video From iPhone 11 Screen
How to Record iPhone X Screen
Screen recording has long been a real challenge for owners of portable gadgets. Fortunately, realizing the need for this functionality, Apple engineers equipped iOS with convenient image capture tools. You will learn how to record from the iPhone X screen without additional preparation and third-party programs in our new post.
Attention! If you can’t record the screen. you need to reinstall iOS. it is an easy software repair for iPhone X
IPhone X Screen Recording with iOS Built-in
The preinstalled capture utility appeared in the system with the release of the iOS 11 update. For the recording function to appear in the system interface, it must be activated:
Launch the Settings app;
Go to the menu “Control points”;
Tap on the key “Set up ale. management “;
Click on the plus button opposite the item “Screen recording”.
To start recording, open the control panel (swipe from the top right) and click on the round recording icon. Pressing hard will open the settings window where you can turn the microphone on or off. To stop recording, touch the red status icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
How to Record from iPhone Screen
Almost every owner of a mobile gadget may need to record from the iPhone screen at a certain moment. The procedure is also called screencast. The process itself is NOT overly complicated. Although it is still necessary to understand all this in more detail.
Record a from your iPhone screen: how to do it quickly and without problems?
You can record a from the screen of your own smartphone in various ways. Today, there are the most varied recording methods, starting with complex options, and ending as simple as possible. All this can be done even on the original models of this device. But in a situation where a more recent model of a mobile gadget is available, the task becomes even simpler. There is no need even to install additional software. You just need to use the built-in special features.
How to quickly and easily record from the screen of your own outdated smartphone?
In this situation, before proceeding directly to the recording itself, it is recommended to download the special software beforehand. Today there are many popular programs of this type. In any case, you can always use the following fairly simple solutions:
- Display Recorder software. To work quickly and easily with this type of application, you first need to download the software. This is followed by installation and the rest of the required actions are performed. You need to run the previously downloaded utility, and also click on the “Record” button. A red bar will appear at the top of the screen. And to terminate the entire recording process, you must return to the software and click on the appropriate button. This application also has its own undeniable features. For example, initially it is worth noting the coding of clips in automatic mode.
- IREC program. You only need to download and install the software. Next, you need to click on the “Start” button and designate the appropriate name for the next one. Recording is enabled. But the stop is carried out due to such an action as saving the on your own phone. The program has one drawback. it is paid.
- RecordMyScreen program. All initial steps are standard here. The software is great for use Not only on older models of mobile devices, but also, for example, on newer versions. With the application, even people who own gadgets that do NOT support the firmware from Apple can make a record. The sound itself in this situation can be recorded directly from the application itself. Unlike previous software, this kind of utility is completely free.
With new models of modern smartphones, things are much easier. There is no need to install third-party apps here. The use of built-in functions is allowed. For this, the following steps are performed:
- Visiting a section such as controls settings.
- An item named as “Screen Recording” is selected. The icon is pressed “”.
- The recording is launched from the “Control Center” category on the gadget.
- All required other actions are carried out, which must be recorded.
We record from the iPhone screen via Windows
If your iPhone runs on iOS 10 and below, and the capabilities are updated, then go to the method with the introduction of a computer. Note that it will suit the categories of users who can connect a smartphone and a PC to the same Wi-Fi network. So, for the convenience of information perception, use the following guide:
- Download the LonelyScreen AirPlay Receiver utility to the Windows device. This can be done, for example, from the official website of the developer.
- Install and run the application. We will NOT describe the installation, as it is performed in a standard way.
Install and run the application
- Let’s unlock the iPhone and go to the control center. Here we find the “Screen Repeat” icon and click on it. If there is an icon in the list, then make sure iPhone and computer are on the same network.
Click on the “Screen Repeat” icon
- In the window that opens, click on the line “LonelyScreen”.
Click on the line “LonelyScreen”
- Checking that the iPhone screen is displayed in the program on the PC.
IPhone screen displayed in the program on PC
What to do next? And then run the utility that allows you to record the computer screen. It can be either built-in or third-party program.
How to Record iPhone and iPad Screen in Windows 10, 8 and Windows 7
Note: to use the method, both the iPhone (iPad) and the computer must be connected to the same network, it does not matter via Wi-Fi or using a wired connection.
If necessary, you can record from the screen of your iOS device from a Windows computer or laptop, but this will require third-party software that allows you to perceive the broadcast via AirPlay.
I recommend using the free LonelyScreen AirPlay Receiver program, which can be downloaded from the official website http://eu.lonelyscreen.com/download.html (after installing the program, you will see a request to allow it to access public and private networks, you should allow it).
The steps for recording will be as follows:
- Launch LonelyScreen AirPlay Receiver.
- On your iPhone or iPad connected to the same network as the computer, go to the control center (swipe up from the bottom) and click “Screen Repeat”.
- The list will show the available devices to which you can broadcast the image via AirPlay, select LonelyScreen.
- The iOS screen will be displayed on the computer in the program window.
After that, you can record screen recordings using Windows 10 built-in tools (by default, you can call the recording panel with the WinG keyboard shortcut) or using third-party programs (see Best programs for recording from a computer or laptop screen).
For Windows computers
The owner of a Windows PC can take a screenshot from the iPhone, installed third-party software that receives the broadcast via AirPlay, a protocol for wireless transmission to other devices. To do this, you can use, for example, the LonelyScreen AirPlay Receiver utility, which works with modern versions of Windows (starting from the 7th version). The advantages of this program are free distribution and small size.
To capture from a mobile device, follow these steps:
- Run the program on the computer.
- On connecting to the same iPhone network, go to Control Center and select Screen Repeat.
- Find the LonelyScreen utility in the list of available devices and applications and select it for transfer. After that, everything that is done on the iPhone will be displayed on the PC screen.
In order to records in Windows 10, the easiest way is to use the built-in options by simultaneously pressing the WinG keys to launch the game panel. A 7 or 8 PC user will need to install third-party capture software such as NVIDIA ShadowPlay or Open Broadcaster Software.
IOS Screen Recording
Starting with iOS 11, iPhone and iPad have a built-in feature for screen recording. however, a novice owner of an Apple device may not even notice it.
To enable the function, use the following steps (remember, you must have installed iOS version NOT lower than 11).
- Go to settings and open the “Control Center”.
- Click “Customize Controls”.
- Pay attention to the list of ” controls”, there you will see the item “Screen recording”. Click the plus sign to the left of it.
- After exiting the settings (press the “Home” button) and pull the bottom of the screen: in the control point you will see a new button for screen recording. By default, pressing the screen recording button starts recording the screen of the device without sound. However, if you use a strong press (or long press on iPhone and iPad without Force Touch support), a menu will open like in the screenshot, where you can enable sound recording from the device’s microphone.
After the end of the recording (performed by pressing the record button again), the file is saved in.mp4 format, 50 frames per second and stereo sound (at least on my iPhone this is the case).
Below is an instruction on using the function, if something remains incomprehensible after reading this method.
How to Record from iPhone Screen
The owner of any mobile gadget, including Apple, may need to record from the smartphone screen. that is, make a screencast. How it works on iPhones is described in our article.
There are several different ways to record from the iPhone screen, starting with the very first models released back in 2009. If you have a more recent smartphone, it’s even easier to do this, even without installing additional software. the built-in features of iOS 11, 12 or 13 are enough.
To work with the application, you just need to download Display Recorder, install it on your iPhone and follow these steps:
- Run the utility and click on the record button. After that, a red bar will appear at the top.
- Go to the main screen or to the program in which the actions will be recorded.
- To stop recording, return to the application and click on the stop button.
Among the features of the program is support for operating systems starting from iOS 6.1. The second advantage is the automatic encoding of clips in the H264 MP4 format, the ability to select the screen orientation and recording quality. Created is automatically exported to the smartphone library.
Another way how to record from the screen on iPhone is using the iREC app. All you need is:
- Download and install the program.
- Run and specify the name of the future.
- Click on the start recording button and perform all the actions for which you need to make a screencast.
- Stop recording by choosing to save it to your phone.
The downside of the program is the need to pay 2.99 developers. But among the pluses there is support for platforms, starting with iOS 7, on which even such old models as iPhone 4 work. In addition, the application supports iPads and iPods, and can not only fall asleep a with sound, but also record conversations on a mobile connection, Skype or any messenger.
We use standard iOS features
But not everyone knows, but the default screen recording mode is available on smartphones with iOS 11 and above. It does NOT require Jailbreak and third-party software to enable it. All you need to do is follow the instructions of the Step-by-step instructions below:
- Go to iPhone settings, clicked on the application icon on the desktop.
- We go to the “Control Center” tab. Note that the desired section can be opened in a different way. It is enough to return to the menu with applications and swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Now open the section “Customize controls”.
- In the tab that opens, you can select the tools that will be located in the quick access menu, that is, in the “control point”. You can change the order of the utilities, as well as add new services from the list. We are interested in the line “Screen recording”, to the left of which you need to click on the button “”.
Setting up screen recording
The required element has been added, which means that you can close the application with settings. To enable screen recording, slide your finger up the bottom of the display. Simply put. we do a swipe. With this gesture, we open the “Control Center”, where you need to click on the icon in the form of a circle with a dot inside. After recording starts, the icon turns red, which acts as an indicator.
By default, the recording is carried out without sound from the microphone, which is not suitable for some users. To fix the situation, press hard on the record icon. If you have an iPhone without Force Touch support, hold your finger on the icon to access additional settings. Now in the window that appears, click on the “Audio microphone” button. Upon successful activation of sound recording from the microphone, the icon will turn red.
Turn on audio recording from the microphone
The finished product can be viewed in the “Photo” program, or rather, in the album “”.
Recording from iPhone screen via Mac
If you are lucky enough to own a computer from Apple, then recording from the iPhone screen just got easier. It is enough to use the built-in QuickTime Player program by following the recommendations of the instructions:
- Connect your iPhone with a cable to your MacBook or iMac. If the system asks, then I authorize access to the device.
- Launch the QuickTime Player application on a laptop or PC.
- In the top menu of the software, click on the “File” tab, and then select “New entry”.
- Usually, the recording of the image from the webcam is started, so click on the arrow next to the button to change the broadcast source. In the list that opens, select “iPhone”.
Click on the arrow next to the record button
If necessary, you can change the audio source from iPhone to computer microphone. To save the finished, click on the “File” tab and select “Save”.
How to record from the screen iPhone with sound with built-in programs. Step by step instructions
Previously, screen recording was only possible with a jailbreak, but now users can launch a screencast using built-in iPhone functions, third-party apps from the App Store, or from their Windows computer, MAC OS.
- To do this, open the iPhone settings and go to the “Control Center” section. Recall that the “Control Center” is a menu that opens with a swipe from the bottom edge of the screen. There you can adjust the screen brightness, as well as other commonly used iPhone functions.
- After you have opened the section with the settings of the “Control Center”, you need to go to the subsection “Customize controls”.
- Thus, you will be taken to a menu in which you can configure which elements will be available in the “control point”. Here you can add and remove items, and change their order. In order to get the ability to enable iPhone screen recording, you need to add an element “Screen Recording”.
- Now you can enable screen recording on iPhone. To do this, finger upwards from the bottom edge of the screen, so to open the “Control Center”. Then click on the screen recording button, which looks like a point and a circle. As a result, a countdown will appear inside the button, and then the button will turn red, signaling that screen recording has already begun. In order to stop recording, go back to the “Control Center” and press this button again.
- Also, when you turn on screen recording, you can open a menu with additional settings. To do this, you need to press the record button and hold it down for a while. As a result, a menu will appear on the screen in which you can enable sound recording from the microphone.
- After stopping the recording, the resulting clips can be found in the “Photos” application in the album “”. Using the “Share” button you can send theses from the “Photos” application to the cloud storage or by email. You can also connect your iPhone to your computer and uploads directly, they will be in the same folder as your photos.
Quick comparison of all methods
|Standard iOS functionality||QuickTime||Camtasia||ScreenFlow||Reflector 3|
|The cost||is free||is free||paid||paid||paid|
|compatibility||iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch||Mac only||Mac and PC||Mac and PC||Mac and PC|
|editor||No||No||there is||there is||No|
Standard iPhone functionality (iOS 11. 13) with and without sound
Do you need to record iPhone screen quickly without PC, Mac and third party apps? For example Step by step instructions for work or a way to show your mom how different things are done on a smartphone. In any case, this is very easy to do. This way you can enable screen recording on iPhone with sound and without sound.
ScreenFlow for Mac
Note: ScreenFlow is a free trial program.
ScreenFlow is almost the same as Camtasia, but more complex. This program is available for a PC. Camtasia is much easier to use. But this is already a matter of taste, perhaps, on the contrary, you will like ScreenFlow.
Install ScreenFlow on your Mac and then connect your iPhone or iPad to it. Open the program and select “New Recording”. You can then tweak various options if you like. For example, if you want to record the iPhone screen, you need to select “Record iOS Device: [device name]” and “Record Audio from.”. When you have selected the options you want, click on the red circle to start recording.
After that, you need to be careful. ScreenFlow will automatically start recording without notifying you about it. To finish it, press the keyboard shortcut “Command Shift 2”.
Edit the finished recording. You can crop it, cut out some parts, add cutouts, adjust transparency, etc.
How to Record Screen with Sound
If you need to record screen on iPhone with sound, you have two options. You can record sound only from your iPhone or also with external sound from a microphone.
Reflector 3 Editor’s Choice
Note: Reflector 3 is a 7-day free trial program.
Best used when: you need to record the screen of an iOS device on a Windows PC without a cable, and you don’t need to edit the finished recording. There is also a version of Reflector 3 for Mac, but it is more convenient to use Quicktime on it.
You need to prepare:
- Windows or Mac computer.
- Reflector 3.
- IOS device.
Download and Install Reflector 3 on your PC or Mac.
Launch Reflector 3. Make sure your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your computer.
Now turn on AirPlay (Screen Repeat) on your device, for this call the control point is pulled from the upper right corner, then hold on the icon “Screen Repeat” select the name of your computer and click on it to start broadcasting. A code will appear on the computer, which will need to be entered on the iPhone to confirm.
Open Reflector 3 and click on the Record button in the top menu bar. When done, click Stop. Save. and that is all.
Camtasia: Screen Recorder for PC and Mac
Best used when: you want to both record your iPhone screen and edit other recordings. Camtasia has many professional editing tools.
You need to prepare:
- Computer or Mac with OS X Yosemite or newer. If you have a PC, then you will need an additional mirror application (for more details, see the instructions).
- IOS device.
- Lighting cable.
- Camtasia program (for 249).
If you have a Mac, recording and editing will be easier. Just download and install the Camtasia program, Connect your device, open the program and select File. New Recording in the top menu and start recording, which you can then edit.
Below is a brief instruction from TechSmith. the developer of the program.
If you have a PC, the process is more complicated. First, you need to download a mirror application that will broadcast the contents of your device to your computer screen. How to do this, read our article with detailed instructions. After that, you can download the Camtasia Studio program (the Windows version is called so), record the screen of your iPhone and edit the recordings.
System sounds only
If you don’t need external noise, do the following:
1) Open Control Center.
2) Strongly press (or hold) the Screen Recorder button.
3) Click the red microphone icon to Turn off external audio recording.
4) Click Start Recording.
In both options, you will need to touch the red status bar to stop recording the screen.
Apple’s new features make life easier every day, and Screen Recorder is another testament to that. You can use this method for articles, presentations, tutorials and more.
How to Record from iPhone Screen
Adding a Screen Recording to Control Center
First you need to add a screen recording button to Control Center if you haven’t already.
1) Open Settings and select control point.
2) Click Customize Element. management.
3) In the section ale. control click the plus sign next to Screen Recording.
The button will now be displayed in the control center. You can drag it higher in the list in the settings to change the location of the button.
Screen mirroring in iTools
The function of recording an image from the screen is also in the notorious utility iTools. This is a paid, more functional alternative to iTunes. The trial version of the program has restrictions on file transfer and delight from the display. Therefore, to unlock the desired function, buy a license or use an activator. The latter can be found on the internet.
Then connect iPhone to PC via USB. When prompted “trust this computer?” Select “trust” and enter the passcode for the device.
Open iTools, go to the “Toolbox” tab if English is installed and select “Screen mirroring” (“Real-time Desktop”).
To start shooting, Click on the red round button. Select the resolution, quality and folder where to save the recording. Then click “OK”.
The delight of the screen image begins. To pause recording, click on pause, and to stop recording, click on the gray square.
If you left the default settings, the files will be saved in the folder “”.
If the display does not start recording
When you added the screencast button, clicked on it, the timer started, but after the countdown, the shooting did NOT start. do the following:
- In iOS 11: go to Settings → General → Restrictions, enter the restrictions passcode and activate Screen Recording in the Game Center section.
- On iOS 12: Go to Settings → Screen Time → Content Privacy, enter your Screen Time Passcode → Content Restrictions → Screen Recorder and select Yes.
How to remove from the screen using a computer program
For Windows There are several programs with which you can Capture from the iPhone screen. They are paid, but Trial versions are available with some restrictions. For example, Wondershare iOS Screen Recorder displays the program logo on the recording floor. The LonelyScreen AirPlay Receiver utility is also paid, but the Trial version has functionality cuts and a watermark overlay, so we recommend using it.
Go to the official website and Click on the “Download for Windows” button. Download the installation file and then install the program. When you first run the utility, a Windows Firewall window will appear. allow LonelyScreen to communicate in private and, if necessary, in public networks.
Connect your computer and iPhone to the same network. On your smartphone, expand Control Center, swipe up from the bottom of the display (on bezel-less iPhones, swipe down from the top-right edge). Click on the “Screen Replay” button (“AirPlay replay” in iOS 10 and below) and select “LonelyScreen”.
The image from the iPhone screen will be broadcast in the program window on the computer. To start recording, Expand the panel with the option and Click on the red button “Start recording”.
To stop recording, in the LonelyScreen window, click on the “Stop recording” button. Or, in Control Center on iPhone, select Screen Repeat and click Stop Replay.
To view the footage. Click on the green “Play” button. To go to the location of the file, click on the folder icon. By default, records are stored in the “This computer” directory → “”.
IPhone Screen Recording with iOS
Although the function is implemented on devices with iOS 11 and 12 out of the box, the delight from the display is not included in the list of options that are displayed in the control center by default. Therefore, first you need to activate the corresponding button in the settings.
To do this, open the Settings app, select Control Center, and click Customize Controls.
Under Controls Click the plus sign to the left of Screen Recording. The option will immediately move to the “Enable” list and will be displayed in the control center.
Holding your finger on the “Screen Recording” icon, you can move the item, thereby changing the location of the button in the control center. You can also remove unnecessary functions from the panel by clicking on the “minus” to the left of the corresponding element, and confirming with the button “Delete”.
Now, to start shooting, swipe up from the bottom edge of the display (on iPhone X, XR, XS and XS Max, swipe down from the top right edge) and Click on the record icon.
To shoot with sound, forcefully press the button and turn on the “Microphone” in the window that appears. Then Click “Start Recording”.
A timer will start, which will count down 3 seconds, after which delight starts. At the time of shooting, the status bar will glow red. On iPhone X, XS, XS Max and XR, only the time in the upper left corner is highlighted in red.
To stop recording, Expand the Control Center and click the button again, or Click on the status bar and select “Stop”.
A third method is also available: press the touch button hard and click “Stop Recording”.
will be saved in the “Photos” application.
How to Shoot iPhone and iPad Screen
Only in iOS 11 it became possible to record with sound from the iPhone screen without using third-party programs. But for previous versions of iOS, solutions are available: using a computer or Using a special application for iPhone and iPad.
The capture function works in iOS 11 and 12 which are supported by most of Apple mobile devices. If your gadget runs on iOS 10 and is older, you will have to use third-party software. about this in the second and third sections of this manual.
Useful materials for Apple technology owners:
How to record a screencast to GIF
The DU Recorder application will help you create GIF-animation from the recorded screencast. After downloading the program from the App Store, launch it, provide access to “Photos” and allow sending notifications.
According to the instructions from the beginning of the article, add “Screen Recorder” to Control Center, then in the DU Recorder menu, click “GIF Recorder”.
Open Control Center, press hard on the screencast button, select “DU Recorder” and click “Start Broadcast”.
At the right time, stop broadcasting in a convenient way, after which a notification will pop up that the recording is complete.
The created GIF animation will be displayed in the DU Recorder in the “” section, and will also be saved in the film.
IPhone screen capture on iOS 7, 8, 9 and 10 without computer and jailbreak
For old iPhones running iOS 10 and below, the AirShou program has been created, which can capture from the screen without jailbreak and a computer.
To download the app, go to https://iemulators.com/airshou and scroll to the app descriptions. Click “AirShou” → “Install” → “Install AirShou” and select “Install” in the pop-up window.
The utility will load and its icon will appear on the desktop.
But AirShou will NOT start unless you designate the software developer as trusted. To do this, go to “Settings” → “General” and open “Profiles and device management” (the item may be called “Device management” and “Profiles”).
Select a developer, click “trust” China Mobile Group Heilongjiang Company Limited “and Confirm by clicking” trust “.
After the performed actions, AirShou will start working. Now run the program and allow sending notifications. Then click “Agree”.
In the main application window, select “Record”. Next, enter the name of the future entry or leave the field blank. then the file name will be installed automatically.
Also select the orientation: porter or landscape, and set the resolution in which it will be recorded.
Click Next and give AirShou access to the microphone.
Now call Control Center by swiping up from the bottom edge of the display, and click the AirPlay repeat button. Select “AirShou (Device Name)” from the list of available devices and recording will start.
To stop screen capture, open AirShou and press Stop.
records are displayed in the application on a separate tab. To go to saved. on the main AirShou screen Click on the button in the upper right corner. You can reproduce. open them in other programs or save them to camera roll (files will be transferred to the “Photos” application).
There are other, not less functional utilities available for Windows and macOS. For example, Reflector and AirServer can broadcast (and record) an image from an iPhone display to a computer using AirPlay or Screen Repeat. Both utilities are paid, but have Trial versions. For smartphones that have been jailbroken, Tweak Display Recorder is suitable. And Mac users can record from the screen of mobile devices using the standard QuickTime program (iPhone connects to PC with Lightning cable).
Home / How To / How to Record iPhone and iPad with Sound