How to Recover Deleted Number on iPhone
Export contacts from iCloud
- Go to the Contacts web app.
- Select the contact deleted from the iPhone and in the lower left corner click on the gear image “Show action menu”.
- On the action menu, click on “Export vCard”. The selected contact will be exported to a file and will become available in the downloads folder on your computer’s hard drive.
The downloaded file can be sent by email (as an attachment to the letter) on the iPhone, open it from the device and create a new contact instead of the deleted one.
Ways to Recover Deleted Contacts on iPhone
- restore from iTunes backup;
- recovery from Windows Contacts, Mac OS X or Microsoft Outlook (depending on the method of syncing contacts in iTunes);
- re-syncing with iCloud;
- extract iPhone contacts from backup using iBackupBot and iPhone Backup Extractor.
How to Recover Contacts from iTunes Backup?
If you regularly sync your iPhone with your computer via iTunes and create backups, it is almost impossible to permanently delete one, several, or all contacts from iPhone. They can be safely restored from a backup at any time.
- Connect iPhone to Computer and Launch iTunes.
- In the “Devices” menu, select your device model and go to the “Overview” tab.
- Click on the “Recover from a copy” button.
- If Find My iPhone is turned on on iPhone, you must turn it off before restoring it.
- Select the backup device for which you want to restore and click on “Restore”.
- Wait for the end of the restore from the backup.
After restoring iPhone from a backup, all changes since its creation will be canceled. IPhone contacts and call history will be restored.
Export contacts from iPhone backup using iPhone Backup Extractor
Another extremely useful “software” for working with iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad backups is iPhone Backup Extractor. Just like iBackupBot, it allows you to extract absolutely all the contents of the backup, but unfortunately the trial version is very limited.
The free version will not be enough to fully restore contacts and other backup content. Trial version of iPhone Backup Extractor allows you to download only the first 4 contacts from the address book.
- Download, install and run iPhone Backup Extractor. The program will automatically open the latest backup of their iTunes storage.
- If the backup from which you need to extract the contact is located in a different location, in the “Select backup” list, select “Select another backup folder”.
- In the “Available data” section in the list opposite “Contacts”, click on “Extract number of contacts” and select a location to save the extracted contacts.
- The program will save all contacts from the backup in the specified location to a common vcf file, a common csv file and to separate files for each contact in vcf format.
- If you want to export all records to only one specific format in the main menu “Extract” select one of the items: Contacts as VCards (Contacts in separate vcf files), Contacts as VCard (Contacts in one vcf file), Contacts as CSV (Contacts to CSV file). The latter can be downloaded to Business Contact Manager in Gmail and from there imported to iPhone.
As you can see, there are enough ways to recover deleted contacts to reduce the likelihood of permanently losing the phone book in iPhone to a minimum.
What to do if you deleted one, several or all contacts on iPhone?
Disconnect your Mac and iPhone from the internet first. This will avoid synchronous deletion of contacts from your address book in iCloud as a result of automatic syncing.
How to Recover Deleted Contacts on iPhone (from Backup, from iCloud, from Windows Contacts and Mac OS X)
How to recover contacts on iPhone if you deleted them by accident or by mistake? Recovering deleted contacts is quite simple and does not require any special skills. Today we will describe 4 ways to restore iPhone contacts: from backup, via iTunes and iCloud.
We already talked about how to create a contact on iPhone and how to import them into the iOS address book, and you could see that it is not so easy to permanently delete a contact. In most cases, with proper iPhone and iCloud setup, deleted contact can be recovered effortlessly.
Recover from Contacts to iCloud, Windows, Mac OS X or Microsoft Outlook
Contacts applications for Windows, Mac OS X and Microsoft Outlook allow you to unload (export) entries from the address book saved on your computer or on the iCloud server to the vCard format, which is fully supported by the iPhone. So, having a contact in vCard (file with the.vcf extension), you can download (import) it to Contacts on iPhone.
In the instruction “iPhone Contacts: Create, Import, Synchronize and Delete Contacts on iPhone” we have already talked about how to download the address book from Windows Contacts to iPhone and today we will restore a contact deleted from iPhone from the Windows Contacts application.
- On a Windows-based computer in Explorer or any other file manager, go to the path: \ Users \ (username) \ Contacts \ and select the contact you want to restore.
- In the navigation menu, click on “Export” and select the format “Business cards (folder with.vcf files)” and click “Export”.
- Select the folder where you want to save the contact in vCard format and click “OK”. The entry from the Windows Contacts address book will be extracted to the folder you specified.
- Email the exported file to iPhone.
- On iPhone, open the.vcf file received in the letter and tap on “Create new contact”.
The entry exported from Windows Contacts will be written to your iPhone’s phone book. For the Contacts applications in Mac OS X, the procedure is completely identical and there is no point in describing it again.
If the synchronization of contacts in iTunes is configured with Microsoft Outlook, the procedure for exporting a contact differs only in the location of the “Export” item in the main program menu. “File”. Export recordings in vCard format.
Recall if on your iPhone in Settings. iCloud is enabled for syncing contacts with Apple cloud storage, every time you connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi, iPhone content is synchronized with your Apple ID account in iCloud.
Recover deleted contacts via re-sync with iCloud
The essence of the method is to turn off the sync of contacts with iCloud in the iPhone settings, while leaving the contacts on the iPhone (select the appropriate item) and re-enable sync.
- We will assume that immediately after deleting a contact, you disconnected the iPhone from the Internet via Wi-Fi, then iCloud will not make changes to the address book.
- On iPhone, go to Settings. iCloud and turn the “Contacts” switch to the “Disabled” position.
- In the menu that appears, “What do you want to do with previously synced items: iCloud contacts on iPhone”, select “Leave on iPhone”.
- Turn on W-Fi, connect your iPhone to the Internet, and slide the “Contacts” switch to Settings. iCloud to On.
- In the menu that appears “Your contacts will be merged with iCloud”, tap on “Merge”.
- After 2-3 minutes, check the phone book on the iPhone for the presence of a previously deleted entry.
You can still extract contacts from an iPhone backup without restoring it. For this, there is a special software (programs) that allows you to extract data from backups created in iTunes.
Recover messages via iCloud
The main purpose of the iCloud cloud service is to store important user information, which will be available from any authorized device. Not only photos or data from applications can be stored here, but also notes, mail, and including messages. This is very convenient, because in this way you can transfer SMS in a convenient form and read them anywhere.
Recovery will be possible only if you have created backups in iCloud, including SMS. As a rule, this item is activated automatically when setting up a backup. To get messages back, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to the “Settings” of your iPhone and select “General”;
- Scroll to the end of the list and click on the “Reset” item;
- Further, in the menu that appears, you need to click the “Erase content and settings” tab, and also confirm this operation with a password, if it is set;
- As soon as the settings are reset to factory defaults, you can restore the information from the backup.
- To do this, select the item “Recover from iCloud copy”, log in under your account and the system automatically downloads all the information;
- The download time is determined by the amount of information from the backup. But once everything is restored, you will receive all your messages back to the day the copy was created.
Attention! If you have important information, before performing the described actions, we recommend that you create or update a copy, since all data from your smartphone will be deleted, and you can restore only what was saved at the time of the backup.
How to Recover Deleted Messages on iPhone
During the work with the iPhone, and with any other device, a large amount of information is accumulated in messages, both at work and simply from friends, relatives and acquaintances. But sometimes all this storehouse accumulated over the years suddenly disappears somewhere, and the user in a panic begins to call service centers and other offices to restore messages to him, because his whole life is there! Common situation? However, it is not necessary to contact any service if you have lost messages on your phone. There are several recovery methods, which we will talk about in this article.
How to check that iPhone messages have been backed up
In this case, we are talking about the iCloud service, so you need to check if a copy was created, when exactly it was created and if messages were saved there.
- Go to “Settings” and click on your account (the first item in the list);
How to recover contacts on iPhone without backup (TWO Ways)
- Then click on iCloud and go to “Manage storage”;
- Scroll down the list until you find the item “Messages” and click on it;
- If there is a size next to the tab, for example, 5 MB, then some data from “Messages” is stored in the cloud service;
- Now you need to see exactly when the copy was last made. To do this, return to the iCloud item and scroll down to the “Backup” tab;
- Click this item and see what date the last backup was created. If you are satisfied with the date, you can reset to factory settings.
Why are messages disappearing from iPhone?
- Factory reset. Sometimes users completely thoughtlessly perform this action, not knowing what consequences it will turn out to be. Be sure to create backups if you reset the settings;
- Jailbreak. In the case of iPhone firmware, the same thing awaits you as in the previous paragraph, so be sure to backup all data;
- Incorrect iOS update or system errors. Here you already need to thoroughly understand the problem and look for the exact reasons, try to update the system again;
- Delete SMS. Yes, sometimes the user erases messages himself, and then tries to restore them. It is important here to use the program as soon as possible so that the place where this data used to be is not overwritten.
Primo iPhone Data Recovery
This is a universal program with which you can recover data from backups created in iTunes or iCloud, as well as deleted files from your device. over, this application often helps users if iTunes cannot “pull” data from the copy and restore it correctly. The whole process comes down to several steps:
- Download and install the application on your computer and connect the device from which you need to recover messages via a USB cable;
- Open the program and in the first window click the Next button to start the scanning process;
- Once the scan is complete, the system will display a list of possible files to recover. They are all divided into categories. We are interested in the Messages tab;
- Select the necessary messages with checkmarks and click Recover;
- As a result, you will receive a complete copy of the SMS, which will be restored on your smartphone.
Another plus of this software is that you can easily log into your iCloud through the program window and restore only the data that you need. That is, it is not necessary to reset the settings to factory defaults. You just need to connect your smartphone to your computer, open the program and log in with your ID in the cloud service, and then choose what to restore.
Attention! For those who have problems with iPhone freezing, it is also recommended to use this tool. With the help of the program, you can restore your iPhone in a few clicks, and it will work correctly and without interruptions! The program is shareware. Some of the information can be restored for free, but if the limit is exceeded, you need to pay 40 to purchase a license.
Recover messages via iTunes
This method also implies restoring messages from a backup that was created through iTunes on your computer. When you connect the device to a PC, iTunes starts, in which you can create backups in a few clicks. over, in the future, you yourself will be able to choose the exact number for which you need to restore the data. The whole process is carried out like this:
- Connect iPhone to your PC via USB cable and open iTunes;
- In the program window, click on the icon of your smartphone and in the “Browse” tab, click on the “Restore from a copy” item;
- Select the backup from which you want to restore data and confirm the operation. The system will automatically copy all the data that was saved at that time, including messages.
Attention! For iTunes to automatically create backups when the iPhone is connected, we recommend that you tick the box next to “Automatically create copies”.
Recover messages on iPhone using programs
Unfortunately, it is not always possible to make a backup on time, especially if iCloud was disabled or there was no Internet access for a long time. In this case, standard SMS recovery methods will not help in any way. But there are special programs from third-party developers, with which you can recover messages in a few steps.
Recover iPhone Photos from iCloud Cloud
If your iPhone is not working, stolen, water damaged, etc., and you haven’t backed up to iTunes, there is a chance to recover deleted photos on your device from iCloud backup.
- Sign in to your iCloud account
- Click Software Access to automatically detect iCloud backups
- Choose to back up your saved data from iCloud
- Click “Next” to continue
Select recovery mode to start photo recovery
Open iPhone Data Recovery, default mode. “Recover data from iOS device”. This recovery method requires you to connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable. If you want to recover data from an iTunes or iCloud backup file, just go to the appropriate section in this manual.
Advice. Whenever you realize you’ve lost your photos, stop using your iPhone and turn on Airplane Mode. Download and install iPhone Data Recovery on your computer to get your lost photos back as soon as possible. Otherwise, your lost data may be overwritten beyond recovery, which may cause recovery to fail.
Recover data directly from iPhone
If you didn’t have a backup of your files from an iOS device that supports iTunes or iCloud, then you need to follow this scenario. IPhone Data Recovery software allows you to recover lost files from iPhone, iPad and iPod directly without any backups.
Connect your iOS device to your computer using a USB cable Click Allow on device, when the pop-up window appears, click “Start Scan” to view all photos on your device.
How to Recover Deleted Photos on iPhone with Tenorshare UltData (iPhone Data Recovery)
Step by step instructions on how to recover deleted photos from iPhone or other iOS device. Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery Features Description
IPhone Data Recovery offers 3 effective modes to recover lost or deleted photos, regardless of the reason for deleting. By following three easy steps, you can get the recovered images back to your iOS device. It could be iPhone 7/7 Plus / SE / 6s Plus / 6s / 6 Plus / 5s / 5c / 5 / 4s / 4. If you backed up your data to the cloud. great if not. as they say, not all is lost.
So, choose the recovery mode. IOS Device Scan / Backup / Upload Backups. View and restore.
Recover Data from iTunes Backup Files
If you don’t know how to connect your device to your computer for scanning, but fortunately, you have backed up files (which were previously in iTunes), this function in iPhone Data Recovery allows you to recover your lost data from an iTunes backup.
- Click “Recover” from iTunes backup files in the interface
- Select one backup file that contains lost data
- Click “Start Scan”.
Preview and Recover Lost Photos
This window displays all lost data in a list. Click Photos to display the items. You can double-click the image to see a larger image. preview for snapshots.
Check the target items you want to recover on iPhone, then click “Recover” in the bottom right corner to get the data.
If you do not know how to find a deleted number on an iPhone, then use one of the ways to fix the situation. Next, consider each of them.
Through re-syncing with iCloud servers
If you managed to disconnect the Internet connection before the information about the contact list had time to be updated, then this method will help you:
- Open the “Settings” application on the phone.
When you need to restore contacts
The need to restore data arises in a situation where they have been lost for any reason. For example, I deleted a contact on my iPhone, I don’t know how to find it. There are many situations when such a need arises:
- accidental erroneous manipulations by the owner of the device;
- the system has crashed and all stored numbers have disappeared;
- made a hard reboot of the gadget;
- you need to reset all contacts on iPhone and restore some of them.
Every certain period of time, a backup copy of the data stored in your phone, including contacts, is sent to the iTunes servers. If you have not disabled this function, then at any time you can return one of the deleted numbers or all at once. But remember that replaying the restore process will rollback all changes made on the device until the last backup was created.
- We connect the phone to the computer via a USB cable and open iTunes.
You need to disable the “Find IPhone” function
The recovery principle is similar to the previous one. Synchronization with iCloud becomes an important condition. For this you will need:
- go to the official website and go to iCloud;
- select the desired contact, in the lower left corner, click on the gear;
- the saved file must be downloaded to the smartphone.
This recovery method also occurs using a backup copy of data stored on iTunes servers and the third-party IBackupBot application:
- Download the application from the developer’s official website (http://www.icopybot.com/iTunes-backup-manager.htm) and install it.
Click on the Export as vCard file button
When to recover contacts on iPhone
The need to restore contacts arises in the event that they were lost for some reason. For example, you accidentally deleted the numbers, or the SIM card on which the contacts were stored was damaged. If you decide that you need to return deleted contacts, then first of all, disconnect your phone and devices synchronized with it from the Internet so that information about your contact book is not updated on the iCloud and iTunes servers.
Ask colleagues or acquaintances
If there is no backup or synchronization, then the only option to restore the number is to ask for it from mutual friends.
In order not to lose important information, we recommend periodically copying contacts from iPhone to SIM card.
Sooner or later, every iPhone owner cleans his device, formats or simply deletes unnecessary things. But, very often, along with the garbage from the iPhone, the necessary files, photos, music, videos or contacts can be deleted. Therefore, in order not to worry about losing them, you need to know how to restore contacts on iPhone.
For this, the most effective and simple ways to restore contacts were collected. Each of them does not lead to loss of warranty, does not require special knowledge and will not take more than a few minutes. over, the first two methods are presented by Apple itself and use the official utilities and services of the company. Therefore, check out all and choose the best one. It won’t take more than five minutes.
How to Recover Deleted Call History from iCloud Backup
There is another way how to view remote calls on iPhone using iCloud Backup. It is advisable to use this method if you have a backup in the cloud storage iCloud. To recover deleted call history, you will need a login and password for authorization in the cloud storage, an icloud backup, as well as a full or trial version of DataKit iOS Data Recovery Software.
The sequence of actions is as follows:
- Launch the application and log in to the cloud storage. After starting, you need to tap on “Restore from file”.
- As soon as the process of finding the necessary files is over, you will need to select specific data packages, then download them and scan.
- The essence of the last step is to preview and restore the history of incoming and outgoing calls. After scanning, the utility will display the contents of the selected backup file. The user only needs to do one action. click “Restore”.
Recover Deleted Call History from iCloud Backup
How to View and Delete Call History on iPhone
IPhone call history can not only be viewed but also cleared. To do this, you need:
- Open the “Phone” application on the smartphone, then click “Recent” to view recent incoming and outgoing calls.
- If the user wants to clear them, you need to click “Change”.
- The available options allow you to delete a specific call, group, or the entire history. To erase the entire history, you need to click “Clear”. “Clear all recent”. To clean up a specific call, you need to tap “Delete”.
What a phone book looks like on an iPhone
There is another way how to cope with the task at hand. Just swipe to the left with your finger and press the “Delete” button to confirm the action.
Note! The principle of how to view calls for a month or old calls on an iPhone is the same for all models.
How to View Deleted Calls on iPhone. Proven Ways
To make the operation of the mobile device as fast and optimized as possible, experts strongly recommend that you regularly delete unnecessary data, for example, incoming and outgoing calls, messages, cache and browsing history. But the iPhone has one feature: even if the calls on the smartphone have been deleted, if necessary, they can be restored in several ways.
Recover Deleted Call Log on iPhone Using Third Party Apps
There is also a method on how to recover deleted calls on iPhone. But third-party applications are used to implement it.
Important! Third-party utilities must be downloaded and installed only from trusted sources, otherwise the system can be damaged by malicious files or the traffic will be completely or partially taken over by intruders.
If the above methods are not suitable, then you can use the special utility Renee iPhone Recovery. This application was specially designed for data recovery on Apple smartphones. With its help, it is possible to recover not only calls, but also messages, photos, videos, reminders and much more. To run the program on your computer before scanning your smartphone, you must additionally install iTunes.
The algorithm of actions is as follows:
- You need to find the application and install it on your PC.
- Next, you need to connect your smartphone to your computer. In the displayed application menu, click on “Recover Lost Data”.
- Select “Start Scan” from the drop-down list.
- In the end, the user only needs to select the necessary data and “Restore” them.
Using third-party call recovery apps
Note! The application functions on the iOS operating system with a version higher than iOS 6.0.
How to Recover Deleted Call History from iTunes Backup
Many users, especially those who use Apple technology, are wondering how to view remote calls on iPhone. You can view your iPhone call log in several ways. Perhaps one of the most common methods is to restore history from iTunes Backup.
If you have previously backed up data packages in iTunes, or have activated the automatic sync option, then this method will be the most suitable. To recover previously deleted information, you will need a PC with iTunes installed and a full or trial version of DataKit iOS Data Recovery Software.
- In the application on a personal smartphone, select and extract the necessary files. To restore the phone book, there is no need to connect the gadget directly to the PC. The user just needs to select the required information packages from “Restore from file”, and then. “Start scanning”.
- At the end of the scanning process, the backup files will be displayed on the screen, the user only has to restore the call history to a personal computer.
Recover outgoing, incoming calls via iTunes
How to back up data on iPhone
There are several ways for the iPhone user to back up all the information stored on the smartphone. Perhaps the most common is syncing or copying information to iCloud cloud storage.
It is easy to create a backup, just follow the following algorithm:
- Walk the path: “Settings” application on the desktop. “iCloud”. “Backup to iCloud”.
- Among the available options, you need to activate “Backup to iCloud”. As a result, the cloud storage will automatically generate a backup copy without user intervention, which will be supplemented daily when the smartphone is connected to wireless networks is locked.
- To create a copy manually, you need to tap on the “Create a backup copy” option.
To view the packages of saved data, you need to go through the path: “Settings”. “iCloud”. “Storage management”. “Backups”. If necessary, here you can extract all the necessary information.
Apple products, including the iPhone, are very popular and in demand, despite their high cost. Thanks to optimized and fast work, the technology allows you to perform a large number of tasks that simplify human life.