How to remove the screensaver from the phone screen
Disable Google Search on Samsung
- Press and hold your finger on google search
- Without lifting your finger from the screen, move it to the “Trash” icon, thereby moving the search to the area to be deleted
How to disable Google search using Root
It’s no secret that with Root rights on an Android smartphone, you can delete any application.
How to configure Root rights can be found in the article How to get ROOT rights.
From the material above, you can understand how to remove Google search from the Android desktop in a few steps. If any other search engine is a priority, or if the owner of the phone is easier to say “Ok, Google!” To ask your question, then you need to use one of the proposed ways to remove this add-on.
The reverse process of installing the string “Google Search” is carried out through the corresponding menu “Widgets”, which is called by the standard Android gestures for controlling the interface.
Google is committed to ensuring that users are as comfortable as possible using all the benefits of its products. For this, all kinds of services, applications and widgets are created. But some users may find this unnecessary, many of them wondering how to remove Google from the Android screen. In this article you will find the answer to this question, as well as find out in what ways you can remove the search string, and how to return it later if necessary.
Disable Google Search on Sony
- Tap on the search widget and don’t lift your finger. A new menu will appear
- At the top of the screen there will be a Google search bar and on the right side there will be a “Hide” button that you have to click
How to hide the search bar
There are various reasons for wanting to hide a row. Many SIMply do not use this widget and consider it superfluous on the screen, and even in the most prominent place.
There are several ways to hide a row, the choice depends on your preference. You can SIMply hide the widget from the home screen, you can hide the program itself, or you can completely delete it.
Modern smartphones have enough RAM and physical memory, so the most rational solution to the problem would be to SIMply hide the widget. You don’t have to install additional tools and carry out any additional manipulations. Therefore, we will start with this instruction.
Google Search widget
This search module for the desktop is a standard widget pre-installed in the “clean” version of Android and a number of assemblies. The essence of using the module is that a search query can be set directly from the desktop without calling the “Voice Assistant” or launching a browser. From the material below, you can learn how to remove the Google search bar from the screen of Android 7 (and other OS modifications).
How to remove Google search from the home screen on different devices
Let’s remove Google search from the smartphone screen. It’s easy to do, but the steps to remove a search differ from phone to phone.
The procedure for deleting Google search differs only on Sony smartphones, on other smartphones the procedure repeats the deletion on Samsung smartphones.
Remove Google search from the screen via settings
Open the phone settings, in them find the “Applications” section, in which, in turn, find the widget you want to delete. In our case, this is Google search. Now you need to open the properties of this application and delete it.
This way to remove Google search is only suitable for older versions of Android, below the fifth. In these versions, standard applications can only be stopped, not deleted. Stopping an application means closing it, but before restarting the phone.
Not the most convenient and effective way to remove Google search, but maybe it will suit someone. This method does not always show a positive result, because Google search was originally built into the Android operating system. If the method did not work, and you still want to delete the search string, then changing the launcher from standard to custom will help. Or deleting the widget after obtaining Root rights.
There is a more drastic measure for Android, how to remove the Google search bar:
- Go to the “Settings” menu.
When you update the system or if you have a unique graphical shell, the names of sections and menus may differ, but the process of deleting a widget still remains clear at an intuitive level and follows the described aLGorithms.
How to clean the Android desktop from unnecessary shortcuts and widgets. How to remove the screensaver from the phone screen. How to remove the lock screen on Android
The lock screen protects your mobile device from intruders, and also protects against accidental taps on the touch screen that could trigger calls or sending SMS messages. But, in some cases, the lock screen is not needed at all. For example, if you have a tablet and you only use it at home. In this article, you will learn how to remove the lock screen on Android.
First, we will demonstrate how to remove the lock screen in the original Android interface. To do this, you need to open the settings and go to the “Security” section.
In the “Security” section, you should open a subsection called “Screen lock”. It is usually at the very top of the screen.
After that, you will see a list of available screen locking methods. In order to completely remove the lock screen on Android, you must select “No”.
Everything after that the lock screen will be completely disabled. Now, when you press the power button of the device, the desktop will immediately appear.
If you are using an Android device with a non-standard interface, then your lock screen settings may be in a different place. As an example, we will demonstrate how to disable the lock screen on a Samsung Android smartphone.
First you need to open the settings and go to the “My device” tab, here you need to open the “Lock screen” section.
After that, you will see a window with a large number of settings that relate to the lock screen. In order to completely disable the lock screen, you need to open a subsection called “Screen Lock”.
Next, you need to choose a way to lock the screen.
In order to completely disable the lock screen on Android, you need to select “No”. After that, the blocking will be disabled and the smartphone will be blocked once only by pressing the power button.
Choose another way to unlock
In Android settings, you will find several ways to unlock.
- Swipe across the screen. Does not protect against unauthorized access, but saves from accidental clicks in your .
- Graphic key. It can include from four to nine points. In total, it contains 389 112 combinations, of which only one opens access.
- Pin. Consists of four digits for a total of 10,000 combinations.
- Password. The safest way to block. The password can be from four to 17 characters, and the number of combinations exceeds a billion.
Fingerprint scanning and face identification are optional methods. You protect the system with a pattern, PIN or password, and when unlocking you choose which option to use. Enter the key or, for example, put your finger on.
If you forget your password, PIN or pattern, you can still unlock your phone. This requires a trusted device or Google account access. In extreme cases, you will have to return to factory settings, which will lead to data loss.
Refuse to block
By default, Android devices are set to unlock by swiping across the screen. You press the unlock button on the side face, slide your finger across the display and find yourself on the work screen. You can reduce the number of actions in half by getting rid of the swipe.
Open Android settings. Go to the “Screen lock and security” section. Click on “Screen Lock” and select “No”.
If a different way of unlocking was configured on the phone, then you have to remove it: enter the pattern, PIN or password, depending on the protection method.
By refusing to lock the screen, you make the contents of your phone available to everyone.
A list of contacts, correspondence, photos, pages in social networks. anyone will have access to them if you leave the device unattended.
There is another drawback: the likelihood of an accidental call, sending a message or launching an application increases. If, to turn on the system, it is enough to press the unlock key, then it will be pressed constantly in the. Therefore, it is wiser not to give up the screen lock, but to choose a more convenient way to remove it.
How to remove screen lock on Android
Set the unlock by pressing the button or choose another convenient way.
Use automatic unlock
If your Android settings have a Smart Lock function, set up automatic unlock in certain conditions. The method works only when you select a pattern, PIN or password.
Open the settings, go to the “Screen lock and security” section. Click on Smart Lock, enter your pattern, PIN or password and select the condition for unlocking.
- Physical contact. The device unlocks when you pick it up. There is no fingerprint or face identification, that is, anyone can access the system.
- Safe places. You indicate on the map the places where the phone always remains unlocked. Anyone who is nearby can also access the system.
- Reliable device. You are setting up a trusted device via Bluetooth. When connected to it, the phone or tablet will be unlocked.
- Voice Match. Unblocking with the phrase “Ok Google”.
Face recognition is also available on some devices. However, Google developers warn that it provides less reliable protection than a pattern, PIN code or password, since a person like you can unlock the system.
How to remove a shortcut or widget from the desktop on Android, remove icons on Android. Article.
From the very first day of buying a new smartphone, the user is constantly downloading and installing new applications and adding widgets. As a result, the number of desktops grows and the number of shortcuts starts to ripple in the eyes. A pile of icons entails rather unpleasant consequences:
- The aesthetic appearance of the desktop is lost
- It is difficult to find the right application quickly
- Some programs run in the background and strain the processor and battery.
In our article, we will show you how you can streamline the chaos of desktop shortcuts by removing unnecessary icons, widgets and additional home screens.
Imagine that we have a smartphone running Android 6.0, which has several screens packed full of various application shortcuts and widgets, half of which have not been used for a long time. Let’s start general cleaning!
How to remove a shortcut or widget from the Android desktop
The easiest way to remove an unnecessary icon from the desktop is to send it to the system trash:
- Choose the program you want to get rid of
- Hold your finger on the shortcut for a few seconds
- A menu will appear with a choice: remove or remove
- Drag the shortcut to the desired command
The Remove command will only erase the shortcut from the desktop. The application itself will remain in the smartphone menu. Accordingly, the “Delete” command will not only remove the icon to the trash, but also uninstall the program itself.
Usually the application is not completely uninstalled. After uninstallation, a software cache may remain in the smartphone’s memory, which clogs the gadget’s memory and slows down the processor. If you decide to remove a shortcut along with its application, we recommend scanning your smartphone using special applications to clean up trash. For example, the Clean Master program.
- Download the free app from the Play Market
- Allow the utility to access your files
- Select the item “Garbage”
- Click Remove
For more information on how to finally get rid of unnecessary programs in a smartphone, read the article How to uninstall an application on Android
How do I remove a widget from the Android desktop? In the same way as the icon. Just pinch your finger on the widget, wait until the “Remove” command appears at the top of the screen and drag the extra widget to it. An unnecessary interface element will remain in its system menu, and a lot of free space will immediately appear on the desktop.
How to organize apps
It is possible that on one desktop it is necessary to keep several shortcuts from the same manufacturer, or programs with SIMilar functions. For example, utilities from Google accumulate on the screen: Maps, Movies, Drive, Gmail, and so on. For such applications, make a system folder right on the desktop:
- Press for a few seconds on the application icon
- Drag it to another shortcut. a folder will appear
- Drag the rest of the icons into the created folder
If you need to create several such folders, you can highlight them in color and specify the name.
Delete desktop on Android
After you have removed unnecessary shortcuts and widgets, the main screen of your smartphone will turn into a row of empty desktops. They should also be removed so as not to take up extra space.
- Press your finger over an empty space on the screen. this will take you to the personalization menu
- This menu can be accessed through the shortcut of the system application in the settings
- Select the item “Desktops”
- A carousel of all smartphone screens will appear
- Select an empty desktop and pinch it with your finger
- When the delete icon appears at the top of the screen, drag the screen to it
- If you accidentally select the wrong screen, you will have a few seconds to undo the deletion.
The Android operating system contains many tricks for fine-tuning your smartphone that you may not even know about. Become a real Android guru by reading this article 8 Tricks: Hidden Features of Android
After that, all new applications will be placed only in the main Android menu.
Now you have learned how to remove an icon from the Android desktop. If you still prefer to keep all the shortcuts and widgets of your applications on the desktop, you need a smartphone with a large screen, which has enough space for all interface elements, both system and externally installed. For comfortable work with any number of applications, we recommend the Fly Cirrus 9 smartphone.
This model is one of the most popular in the collection of gadgets of the British company Fly. Over its 14-year history, Fly has established itself as a manufacturer of smartphones that meet the needs of a wide range of consumers. Stylish women’s smartphone, a powerful gadget with a capacious battery for those who are away from home for a long time or a high-quality camera phone. everyone can find a suitable device for themselves, moreover, at a very favorable price.
Fly Cirrus 9 attracted close attention of users for the combination of the most trendy features:
- Large and bright 5.5-inch IPS HD screen, which is equally comfortable to work with any program, read books or watch movies.
- Powerful 1.25GHz quad-core processor for multitasking and system stability.
- A capacious 2800 mAh battery that supports the smartphone in various, even the most resource-intensive modes all day long.
- High-quality cameras at 8 and 2 megapixels
- High-speed communication module 4G LTE, with which high-speed surfing on the Internet becomes the most convenient and pleasant.
- Attractive design with a glossy ergonomic body.
How to Remove Wallpaper from Xiaomi Lock Screen?
How to disable ads on Xiaomi lock screen
- Settings — Apps — All Apps. Click on the three dots in the upper right corner and select “Show all applications”
- Find the “Wallpaper Carousel” in the list and open it
- At the very bottom, you will see the “Remove” button, with which you can get rid of this application, and, accordingly, from advertising.
How to remove live wallpapers from the lock screen?
How to set / remove wallpaper on Android phone lock screen
- Click “Settings”, select the “Screen” menu.
- Go to the “Wallpaper” section, open it.
- Now we indicate for which screen the wallpaper will be set. We should choose “Lock Screen”.
How to remove wallpaper from your phone screen?
The wallpaper you have installed is removed as a normal application: Settings. Applications. Select the one you want and delete. All live wallpapers can be viewed and “touched” before installing on the home screen, as well as customize.
Remove carousel from lock screen?
Go to the wallpaper carousel app on google play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.miui.android.fashiongalleryhl=ru and click delete there. Thanks. Good luck. I disabled the wallpaper carousel as follows: Settings, Applications, All applications, then Wallpaper Carousel, Clear, Erase data, then Disable. May 15, 2020.
How to change the desktop picture on Android?
How to change your Pixel or stock Android wallpaper
- Press and hold your finger on an empty area on the home screen.
- Click “Wallpaper”.
- Choose the wallpaper you want from those available on your device or from your photos in the gallery.
- Click on the wallpaper you want to use.
How to remove wallpaper from my phone? How to remove a picture from the Windows 10 desktop?
Removing wallpaper (picture) from the Windows desktop
First try the tips above: Scrape with a spatula, Right-click on the desktop. desktop tab. background picture. choose “no”, Install additional software and it will help you, Do they bother you ?, let them hang, etc.
How to fit a picture to full screen Android?
How to set wallpaper in Android
- go to your desktop.
- press the menu button and select “Wallpaper”.
- a dialog box will open and then you have one more difficult choice.
- then just select the wallpaper you like and click the button “Set wallpaper”.
How to remove wallpaper from your desktop?
How to remove background and splash screen on windows 7?
- Right-click on an empty space on your desktop and select Personalize
- The easiest way to change your desktop background is to find the image you would like to make the background, right-click on it and select Set as Desktop Background.
How to remove the lock screen on Android
The lock screen is a great way to protect your Android smartphone from unauthorized persons and accidental taps, which can lead to leakage of personal information or unwanted calls. But sometimes a screen lock is SIMply not needed. For example, on a tablet computer that is used exclusively at home.
If you have just such a situation, then this material should help you. Here we will tell you about how to remove the screen lock on an Android smartphone with a standard interface or an interface from Samsung.
Disconnect on Android 9, 10 and 11
Let’s first show you how the screen lock is disabled on modern phones with Android 9, 10 or 11 versions. In this case, you need to open the Android settings menu and go to the “Security. Screen Lock” section. To access this section, the system may ask you to enter a PIN code or re-unlock the device in the way you choose.
In the “Screen lock” section, a list of all possible unlock methods will be available. Here you need to select the option “No” and confirm the decision in the pop-up window.
After that, the screen lock should turn off. Lock your phone with the power button and check how unlocking works.
Disconnect on Android 5.1
In older versions of Android, disabling the screen lock works much the same. For example, in the case of Android 5.1, you need to go to the Android settings, scroll the screen to the “Personal data” block and open the “Security” section there.
Next, you need to go to the “Screen Lock” section, which should be at the very top of the screen. At this stage, the system can request to enter a PIN code or re-unlock the phone using the method selected by the user. Without this, go to the section and remove the lock will not work.
As a result, you will see a list of all possible ways to lock the screen on your Android device. If you want to completely remove the screen lock, then here you need to select the option “No”.
That’s all, you have disabled the screen lock. Now the device will turn on immediately after pressing the Power button and will not distract you with the need to perform additional actions.
Disconnect on Samsung
If you have a smartphone with a non-standard interface, then your process for disabling the screen lock may be slightly different. For example, we will show you how to remove the screen lock if you have an Android smartphone from Samsung.
So, first of all, you need to open the settings. After the settings are open, you need to go to the “My device” tab and open the “Lock screen” settings section.
This will open the lock screen settings in front of you. Now you need to go to the “Screen lock” section, in which you can choose a lock method. If protection with a password, PIN or pattern is used, then before entering this section you will be asked to enter this data again.
After a list of available blocking methods opens, select the “No” option.
That’s it, the screen lock is disabled. Now your smartphone will turn on immediately after pressing the Power button and will not distract you with the need to perform additional actions.
How to remove screensaver on Windows 10?
Let’s consider how to remove the screen saver from the Desktop of a computer or laptop running Windows 10:
- Right-click on an empty space on the Desktop.
- In the window that opens, select the subsection “Screen saver settings” and click on it.
- In the context menu, find and click on the subsection “Personalization”.
- In the drop-down box, open the “Lock Screen”.
- Scroll the scrollbar down the display, select and click on “Screen saver options”.
- Open the “Screensaver” section.
- In the list that opens, select the item “No”.
How to remove screensaver via registry?
The Windows Registry Editor is used for a kind of “storage” of the system, which contains all the parameters and settings of both the OS itself and various programs. In addition, the Registry Editor contains many other functions necessary for the smooth operation of Windows. You can use the system registry setting to prohibit the launch of images when the standby mode is active.
How to remove the splash screen from the Desktop using the registry:
- On the left side of the screen below we find the “Start” button and click on it.
- In the dialog box that opens, find the line “Find programs and files” and enter the word regedit.
- Press the Enter key.
- In the window that appears, enter the text:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
Disable screensaver via command line
There is another option to open the Screen Saver Options. To do this, you need to use the command line:
- In the dialog box, click on the keyboard shortcut Windows Key R.
- In the window that opens, enter, copy or paste the required command “control desk.cpl ,, 1” and press the Enter key.
- As a result of the actions performed, the “Screen Saver Options” window will open.
- To turn off an unnecessary picture, select the word “No” from the “Screensaver” drop-down list, then click on the “OK” button.
There is another way to delete a useless picture on a computer device. Let’s consider how to carry out this process:
- Right-click on an arbitrary place on the Desktop.
- In the window that opens, click on “Personalization”.
- In the lower corner, which is on the right side, we find and click on the item “Screensaver“.
- A list opens in a new window, which we scroll and find the recently installed picture.
- After making sure that the screensaver is available, we proceed to remove it.
- Open the Start menu.
- In the window that opens, find and click on the subsection “Control Panel”.
- In the insert that appears, click on the “Programs and Features” section.
- In the drop-down list we find our screensaver and select it with the mouse button.
- Click on the word “Delete”.
As a result of the actions performed, the screensaver on the desktop of the computer or laptop is turned off.
How to remove screensaver on Windows 8, 8.1?
Windows 8, as well as its updated version 8.1, has some special features. When the PC is idle for a long time, the OS screen lock is activated. At the same time, to resume work, the user has to re-enter the set password of his account in order to get access to the OS again and the possibility of its further use.
For many cases, such an order is not very convenient, and it is not always necessary. For example, a computer is set up for home use and only one user works on it. If the PC is in the on mode, and the user is temporarily absent, then each time it will be inconvenient to enter the password again.
There is no way to turn off the lock screen directly, since custom settings do not have such a function. In order to disable the lock screen, you must use the “Local Group Policy Editor”.
How to remove the splash screen on a computer or laptop on Windows 8, 8.1:
- We go to the “Start” menu.
- In the lower corner on the left side there is a button with an arrow, click on it.
- In the dialog box that opens, select the item “Application”.
- Next, a list of installed programs drops out. In the upper corner of the right side of the screen, we find the subsection “Search”, click on it.
- Enter the expression “gpedit.msc” and run the found program.
- Right-click on “Start” in the lower left corner of the display.
- In the dialog box that opens, click on the “Run” subsection.
- Click on the “Open” insert.
- Enter the expression “gpedit.msc”, then click on the “OK” button.
- After downloading the application, the “Local Group Policy Editor” window opens.
- In the appeared insert on the left side of the display, select the subsection “Policy” and click on it.
- In the context menu, find and click on “Local computer”.
- Select the item “Computer Configuration” and click on it.
- In the “Local Group Policy Editor” window that opens, select the “Administrative Templates” subsection and double-click on the folder.
- In the context menu that opens, open and click on the “Control Panel” folder.
- Select the subsection “Personalization” and click on it.
- We find the item “Prohibiting the display of the lock screen” and with the mouse button we double-click on this folder.
- Information appears in the drop-down window indicating that the item “Not set” has been activated by default.
- To disable the lock screen, activate the “Enabled” item, then press the “OK” button.
After the actions taken, the OS will no longer launch the lock screen for a prolonged idle time.
How to remove screensaver in Windows XP?
Even though Microsoft has ended support for the Windows XP operating system, people still use it. Usually it is installed on weak computers, since more modern versions of the OS can lead to severe braking and shutdown of the device. That is why the Windows XP operating system is still actively used.
Let’s consider how to remove the screen saver from the desktop of a computer or laptop with “Windows” XP:
- Open the Start menu.
- In the opened dialog box, look for the “Settings” item and click on it.
- We go to the “Control Panel”.
- In the list that opens, we find the “Screen”.
- Click on the selected item and press the “Enter” key.
- Go to the context menu of the Desktop and right-click on an arbitrary place on the screen.
- A list appears where we click on “Properties”.
- In the “Display Properties” tab that appears, look for the “Screensaver” tab and click on it.
- Below the preview window there is a selection bar, where the name of the image that is currently active is displayed. Left-click on this line.
- From the drop-down list, click on the line “No”.
- Click on the “Apply” button.
From now on, the annoying screensaver is off.
Disable screensaver via search
To open the settings window, you can use the search:
- On the taskbar, click on the search icon or press the Windows Key S keyboard shortcut.
- In the opened dialog box, by the drop-down search bar, we find the required image name.
- As a result of the search, select and click on the subsection “Disable”.
How to remove a screensaver from the desktop?
How to remove screensaver if you have Mac OS?
In addition to the standard Windows operating system, there are many others. For example, Apple has developed its own Mac OS operating system for its computers and laptops. Let’s consider how to remove a screen saver from the Desktop of a computer or laptop under the Mac OS operating system:
- Select the “Apple” menu and click on it.
- In the dialog box that opens, select and click on the subsection “System settings”.
- Find and click on the item “Desktop and screensaver”.
- Go to the “Screensaver” tab and click on it.
- In the drop-down list, select the image to be deleted and click on the delete button (-).
- If all computer users could use this picture, then its file will be located inside the “Library” folder, which is located at the top level of the hard disk.
- If the selected picture was available only to one computer owner, then its file must be searched inside the user’s personal folder.