How to roll back Samsung to factory settings
How do I reset the settings on “Samsung” to factory settings? Instructions
When using any technique, people often have various problems, because of which they involuntarily want to rewind time and not make this or that mistake. Fortunately, this does not apply to mobile gadgets. Knowing how to reset the settings on “Samsung”, you can roll back all changes to the basic (factory) settings and start using your phone or tablet from scratch.
What else needs to be done before resetting “Samsung” to factory settings? Synchronize your contacts first.
Downgrade Android 10 Roll Back To Android 9 On All Samsung Galaxy Phones S9/S9/S10/S10e/Note10
- Go to phone settings and select Google account.
- Then specify “Sync”.
- Synchronize all the data you need. This way you can restore all contacts and files on another device.
Before you restore the factory settings of “Samsung Galaxy”, you can reset all data from the flash drive to the corporate cloud. This operation is carried out all in the same tab of the “Cloud and accounts” settings. If you do not have access to the Samsung cloud, you can use Yandex.Disk or Google Drive. Remember that if you use data encryption for a flash drive, then when you reset to factory settings, “Samsung” will delete the passkey (decryptor) and the data will become inaccessible. So be sure to copy them to the cloud.
In addition to the above method, you can also use backup and restore. This method will also require you to be connected to the Internet and is no different from cloud storage.
Despite the fact that we are considering the question of how to reset the settings on “Samsung” in a quick way, there are a few things that will have to be done manually. As we found out above, in order for the data to be completely cleared, on “Android” version 5.1, you need to manually demolish the “Google” account. How to do it?
Samsung Galaxy S9 How to Reset Back to Factory Settings
- Go to the settings in a way that is already known to you.
- Next, you need the “Cloud.” Some models may not have it.
- Then you need “Accounts”.
- Choosing a Google account.
- Press the “Menu” button of the phone or “Options” on the screen.
- Tap “Delete Account”.
You can now delete your Samsung phone settings. How exactly to do this, we will describe below.
Before resetting the settings to “Samsung“, be sure to check the version of your operating system (“Android”). The fact is that starting from version 5.1 “Google” has implemented an anti-theft system in its product. It lies in the fact that if the user does not delete his Google account in advance, then after returning to the basic configuration he will not be able to turn on the device until he enters the old data.
- Turn on the device and go to the main menu.
- Then you need to go to “Settings”.
- Now we are interested in the “About device” tab
- Scroll down the screen and find the line with the version of “Android”.
If your gadget hangs at the boot stage, you can use the “hard reset” through the system menu. To do this, you need to do the following.
- Turn off your phone.
- Press three buttons on the device at the same time. “power”, “sound up” and “home” (center button on the panel). In some cases, you don’t need to press the third button.
- After the gadget starts up and the “Samsung” logo appears, release the power button, but continue to hold the rest.
- If the menu does not appear, then try another key combination.
- In the Recovery menu, use the volume buttons to control the pointer and find the item Wipe Data or Factory reset.
- Use the power button to confirm.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- In this case, the device will not turn off. After deleting the data, you will be returned to the main menu, where you will have to select the Reboot system now item.
Preparing for a hard reset
Before proceeding with restoring a mobile gadget to factory settings, if the situation permits, copy all important information from it to external media, for example, to a computer hard drive or to the cloud.
It is convenient to save contacts on the Google service of the same name. To do this, copy them from SIM cards to the phone memory and log in to the device under the Google account to which you want to transfer them. Synchronization will take place automatically.
If this is not possible, install a cloud service client on your mobile device, for example, Google Drive or Yandex.Disk, enter the “Files” section, click “Upload to disk” and select the data to save.
To avoid having to enter the owner’s login and password when starting the device after a reset, delete your Google account from the system.
Immediately before recovery, charge the device to at least 25-30% or connect to a power source, and remove the memory card and SIM from it.
What is a data reset and why is it needed?
Not only Galaxy, but all Android smartphones have a full reset. When this function is activated, the device is rolled back to the factory settings. You get the phone completely “clean” out of the box.
Important! When this option is activated, all user data is deleted. These are applications, files, contacts, correspondence, system settings, additional components, etc.
- Transfer all important files from phone to flash drive.
- Make a backup. It will allow you to restore information, save the user a lot of time.
- Go to settings and delete your Google account. Otherwise, the smartphone will ask you to log in to this account after turning on.
Why would you need a hard reset and factory reset? Let’s list the common reasons:
- There are problems with your phone. If they cannot be solved by standard means, then it is recommended to perform a full reset. It is not uncommon for a system rollback to factory defaults to help users.
- You are about to implement an old device, or give it to someone else. Naturally, it is better to erase a huge amount of personal information so that third-party people do not get access to it.
- Before or after OS upgrade. The developers recommend performing a “clean” installation so that errors from the old version of the operating system do not migrate to the new one.
How to Factory Reset Samsung? Consider the main ways to rollback the system on devices from a Korean manufacturer.
If the device does not turn on after a reset (freezes)
Contact the Samsung service center, you need to reinstall the firmware using the engineering method.
ways to reset your Samsung smartphone or tablet to factory settings
Copy important information from your device.
During the reset, the device memory will be cleared and all data will be deleted. If there is any important data, make a copy of it.
How to reset Samsung to factory settings
You can reset the settings on a Samsung phone or tablet in several simple ways, which we will look at today in the illustrated instructions.
This procedure often helps out when the device malfunctions, brakes, or other errors. It does not harm the system and “resets” the device to its initial state.
The previous post was about how to enable T9 on Samsung. In this article, we will look at the Samsung hard reset process, i.e. how to reset a Samsung phone or tablet to factory settings as easy and fast as possible.
Interesting! Always Hard Reset Samsung devices before selling or if you want to give your device to someone for a long time. This is necessary to protect your data. so that it does not fall into the wrong hands.
Method. via Recovery
Disconnect your smartphone / tablet. press and hold the power button until a menu appears where you need to select the shutdown item.
Press and hold two keys on the device body. volume up and power up. If there is a home button, then hold it down as well.
As soon as an inscription appears with the name of the smartphone, release the power key. The rest of the keys should be released as soon as the Recovery menu appears.
You can navigate through the menu items using both the touch screen and the volume buttons. Select “wipe data / factory reset” by going down to it and pressing the power button. Confirm that you want to reset everything.
Go to “Reboot system now”, press the power button and agree to reboot. Smartphone will boot completely reset.
Method. through the menu
Open your phone settings and go to General Settings. Here we need the item “Reset”, it can also be called “Archiving and Reset” or other variations. Click on it.
Next, select the item to reset data / device. Confirm that you want to delete everything and the erasing process will begin. The device will be booted to zero.
Back up Android so that all settings, contacts and other data are in the cloud. And in the future, you could return them. Photos can be downloaded to SD card or computer.
Sign out of your Google and Samsung account if you don’t want to use them anymore on this device, for example. before selling. We examined in detail how to do this in the article. how to delete a Samsung account from the phone. Open settings. accounts and unlink everything.
These were the easiest ways to do it. Through the Recovery menu, you can even reset a locked device, this method is more flexible, use it if it does not work through the menu.
Performing a Factory Reset on Samsung Android 6.0
If you are the owner of a Samsung phone running Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), then to reset the settings, you need to do the following:
- Tap on “Apps” on the home screen;
- Then select “Settings”;
- In the settings window, select “Backup and Reset”;
Then tap on “Factory Data Reset”;
Then click on “Reset Device”;
After your device restarts, you will see a welcome screen, after which you can configure your device.
How to Restore Factory Settings on Honor?
Chinese brands use one skin for two: “EMUI”. The main task that the developers of this software environment set themselves is to intuitively control the functions of a smartphone in three clicks. To reset the settings on EMUI, you need to do:
- Go to the settings item. To do this, pull the shutter down and click on the gear icon.
- In the menu that opens, go to the very bottom, to the line: “System”. We tap on it.
- We find the item “reset” and click on it. A menu opens with three items: “Reset all settings”, “Reset network settings”, “Reset phone”. The last item of this menu is responsible for the complete rollback of the parameters. We pass on it.
The Right Way to Factory Reset a Samsung Phone | Note 8, S8, S8
A list of components, data and applications to be reset will appear in the window that opens. At the bottom, click the “Reset Phone” button. Confirm the action with a password or code, if any.
Press the “reset settings” button highlighted in red. Parameters rollback process begins.
The algorithm is relevant for EMUI 10 version. The procedure will be useful for preparing the phone for sale, or when removing malware. If you just need to clean the device from glitches and brakes, you can select “Reset all settings”.
Save to PC
If you choose to completely reset your Samsung phone to factory settings, you can reset the data on your smartphone to your PC. For this:
- connect the device to the computer using a USB cable;
- find a new device in the Computer folder (you do not need to install additional drivers, because the connection is made using the MTP protocol);
- enter the internal memory and select the files you want.
After that, it remains to reset the necessary data from the phone to the PC. There are situations when nothing is reflected in the internal memory. This happens when the Samsung display is locked with a pattern, password or PIN. After unlocking, the files should appear.
Delete Google Account
Without deleting the Google account, the user will not be able to perform other actions in the future. After a complete cleaning, the gadget will require you to log into the account that was on the device earlier, respectively, it will restore all the data that was previously on the phone. Since the user does not need this, deleting the account is one of the important parts.
- Open settings. This can be done by going to the main screen and finding the settings icon, or by pulling out the top control panel and opening the settings through it;
- After that, in the settings we find the item “Cloud and accounts”. Depending on the version of the phone, the name of this item will be shown. The second possible name is “Accounts and Archiving”.
- Having opened this field, we find the item “Accounts” and go to it;
- After that, we click on the Google account, which is located in the “Personal” section;
- Click on the “Delete account data” button and agree to delete it from the device;
- After that, the account will be deleted on its own.
After that, you can only proceed to further cleaning the device, erasing all data on it.