How to screen a specific part of the screen
Free part of the screen for screenshots on Windows PC and Mac
To take a screenshot of a specific area of your computer screen, you can also go to a professional solution. Here we highly recommend a powerful screen capture tool, Screen Recorder to help you capture any area of your screen for free.
- Screenshot or screen capture of computer screen with full screen or custom region.
- Take a screenshot and save it in popular format like JPG, PNG, GIF, HEIC and more.
- Record online videos, meetings, music, calls, gameplay, lectures, and more in high quality.
- Powerful editing functions for editing recorded video / audio or screenshots.
How to take a screenshot of a specific area on a PC using the Snipping Tool
Scissors is the default screenshot tool for Windows PC (Get Scissors on Mac). It has been around since the days of Windows Vista. This is a convenient way to take a screenshot of a portion of the screen. It is developed on Windows system. You don’t need to download or install it on your computer.
Screenshot. Part of the screen on a Windows 10 PC.
You can easily take a screenshot of the entire computer with the PrtSc key. But this basic screen capture function only allows you to capture the entire screen, not a specific area. The good news is that Windows 10 now has a new screen capture feature that allows you to capture a portion of the screen.
To take a screenshot of a specific area, you can SIMply press the Win Shift S keys together. After pressing the keys, you can add a white semi-transparent mask to the screen. Your cursor will change to a crosshair.
Now you can move your mouse freely to capture any area of your computer screen. When you release the mouse button, it will automatically take a screenshot of the selected area.
Using this method of taking screenshots, you have to open Paint or Adobe PhotoShop and then save the screenshot to your computer from them.
PhotoShop can also help you create GIFs and you can use them to create them.
Screenshot FAQ Part of the screen. 3 free ways to take a screenshot of a part of the screen
Screenshot (screenshot). is an image term used to describe your computer screen. This is one of the convenient ways to capture information on the screen. You can easily take a screenshot of the entire computer screen by pressing the PrtSc key. The question is, do you know how to take a screenshot of a specific area on a PC?
Capture computer screen. it is a handy trick for a wide variety of situations. You can easily share information, record some moments from the Internet for posterity, save great movie scenes, create tutorials, and more. In this post, we will show you 3 easy ways to screenshot a part of the screen.
Frequently asked Questions
Question 1. How to take a screenshot on Mac?
SIMilar to Windows, Mac also provides a screenshot function to help you quickly take a screenshot of your Mac. To take a screenshot on Mac, you can press Command Shift 3 at the same time to take a screenshot of the entire Mac screen.
Question 2. Is there any free online tool to capture computer screen?
There are many free online screenshot tools on the Internet to help you take a screenshot of your computer screen. But you should know that most of them are mainly for capturing web pages such as an online screenshot. It allows you to capture and load a web page via a url.
Question 3. How to take a screenshot of an entire page in Windows 10?
To take a screenshot of an entire webpage, you can use the free online screenshot tool above. Alternatively, you can directly grab the entire webpage in Firefox. If you are using Google Chrome or Safari, you need to install some browser extensions.
Want to take a screenshot of a portion of your screen? After reading this post, you will get 3 free and easy ways to take a screenshot of any area of your computer screen. If you want to take a screenshot, you can choose your preferred method.
What do you think of this post.
Rating: 4.6 / 5 (based on 120 votes) Follow us on
How do you take a screenshot on an iPhone? Read this article and learn two easy ways to take screenshots on iPhone SE / 6s Plus / 6s / 6 / 5s / 5c / 5/4.
How to take a screenshot on Samsung? Read this article and find the best method.
How to take a screenshot on Snapchat? How to take a screenshot of Snapchat without notification? Learn how to take a screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing in this post.
Tips for taking screenshots
Aiseesoft Screen Recorder. best screen recording software to capture any activity like online video, webcam calls, playing on Windows / Mac.
How to make a print screen of a page
If you want to take a picture of not everything that is visible on the monitor, but only one open window, then you can do this using a combination of keys. To do this, hold down the Alt key and make a Print Screen of the active window on the monitor. This function is very effective when you need to insert only a certain part of the monitor workspace into the document. The combination will save time editing pictures.
How to make a print screen using the PrtScr key
When creating abstracts or reports, you need to copy the screenshot into the document. This screen capture procedure is called Print Screen. Every computer user who is constantly dealing with the execution of any documents should know how to make a print screen. The process is very SIMple and fast.
How to insert a print screen into Paint
Paint is present in any operating system as a standard graphics editor. Using this application, you can save Print Screen as a picture to your computer. To insert a screen photo into Paint, you need to carry out a number of SIMple steps:
- Take a snapshot of any part of the workspace using the “Print Screen” key.
- Open the standard Paint program.
- Insert the captured picture here using keyboard shortcuts or the context menu.
- Editing the resulting image.
- We save it with the desired extension anywhere on the hard drive.
How to make a print screen of the screen
To take a picture of the screen, you need to perform only one SIMple action. It will be pressing the button on the keyboard, which has the name “Print Screen”.
After pressing the button, the monitor snapshot is copied to the clipboard. At this time, there are no visible changes in the operation of the computer: new windows do not appear, notifications are not displayed. From RAM, you can insert your image into any program that supports the processing of graphic information. There are many programs that specialize in creating and editing print screens. These include HyperSnap and WinSnap.
How to insert a Print Screen into a Microsoft Word document
If you need to insert a print screen into a Word document, you can SIMply press the “Ctrl” “Alt” key combination. Before inserting a snapshot, you must specify its location by placing the cursor on it. You can also insert a graphic object using the context menu. To do this, right-click on the place where the print screen was inserted and select the “insert” function.
In the case when you need to change it before inserting a screenshot into the document, first insert it into any graphics editor and perform any operations on it.
How to work with Print Screen in Photoshop
- Open the Adobe Photoshop program and create a new document in it by executing the File and New commands.
- Now we take a screenshot of the active window, which will be in the clipboard.
- Using the Edit-Paste command, insert a snapshot from RAM into the working window of Adobe Photoshop.
- After completing all the necessary actions with the graphic object, we save it in any format to the computer memory.
you can also watch the video:
Djokovic named the first racket of the world at the end of the year for the sixth time
BeLGrade, 16 November 2020, 10:54. REGNUM Serbian tennis player Novak Djokovic was named the first racket in the world at the end of the year. This was reported on November 15 by Tennis TV. Djokovic was awarded the trophy of the first racket of the world. Previously, he achieved this result in 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2018. 33 year old Next.
Armenian Foreign Minister resigns after Pashinyan’s statement
Armenian Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan submitted his resignation today, November 16. The press secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the republic Anna Naghdalyan announced this on her page in .
Please login or register to answer this question.
may restrict government purchases of foreign drones
The Aeronet Association proposed to limit the possibility of purchasing foreign unmanned aerial systems (UAS) for state and municipal needs. This initiative was supported by the Russian government, the newspaper Vedomosti writes on November 17. General Director of the Association Gleb Babintsev explained Further.
How to take a screenshot on a computer of a specific part of the screen?
Bankova told where Zelensky and Ermak are being treated for coronavirus
President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy and the head of his office Andriy Yermak are being treated for coronavirus at the Feofania hospital in Kiev. Mikhail Podolyak, Ermak’s advisor, told about this in an interview to the “Ukrainian Pravda” publication on November 12.
Poroshenko congratulated Maya Sanda, who considers him a criminal
Former President of Ukraine and leader of the European Solidarity Party Petro Poroshenko congratulated Maia Sanda on her victory in the presidential elections in Moldova. The corresponding message appeared in the politician on November 15 .
Please login or register to add a comment.
Adygea in 2021 will receive 8 billion rubles of additional support
The Republic of Adygea will receive additional support from the federal budget for 8 billion rubles in 2021. IA REGNUM was informed about this on November 16 in the press service of the head of Adygea. In accordance with the amendments to the second reading of the draft federal budget for 2021-2023, approved by the tripartite Further.
How to take a screenshot on a computer?
There are many methods to take a screenshot and how to do it on a computer. Let’s consider the most popular ones.
- Take a screenshot using hot buttons.
In order to quickly take a snapshot of the monitor, you can use buttons on the keyboard such as PrtSc or PrintScreen. They are entrusted with the task of taking pictures of the monitor. If you press the button once, the monitor picture will go to the clipboard memory, and it will also save the picture in the C folder.
If you press these buttons once, you can save the entire monitor area, including the control panel. If you only need to take a picture of the active tab, then you need to type the AltPrintScreen key combination. This method will also automatically save the picture to your computer. In order to view the saved images, you need to open the “Screenshots” folder, it will contain screenshots.
- The second way to save a screenshot of the monitor screen is to use the standard software product. Paint. This version of the program will allow you to save the screen image as a separate file. To do this, you must activate the program using the taskbar or the “Start” button. Applying this method, you can crop the desired areas of the image, add inscriptions, objects, create a fill for a separate area and use any colors for this. The main advantage of this method is that you can change the file format. This function is available in the menu and it is labeled “Save As”. With this option, you can choose the required format option for your file.
- The third answer to the question: how to make a screen on a computer is to use the standard PC tool “Scissors”. This built-in option helps to screen the monitor. In this case, you can also edit it. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the “Scissors” option on your computer;
- In the tools, activate the “Create” command;
- Mark with the cursor the required area of the monitor to save.
This SIMple method will help you get a screenshot.
Take a screenshot of your computer screen?
Taking a screenshot of the computer screen is required in many cases. This is necessary not only when working with some important programs, but also when playing through games in order to capture an interesting moment. It is also often necessary to take a screenshot in order to save some information for yourself or send it to other users. In other words: every modern PC owner should know how to make a print screen on a computer. But how to do that? You can take a screenshot of your monitor in various ways. Each of them differs in a set of aLGorithms. In the event that you want to add improvements to the screenshot: select an area, create a signature, change the format, etc., you will need additional programs. This must be taken into account if you want to take a screenshot of the monitor.
How to take a screenshot on a PC?
The best screenshot software
If you are interested in how to make a screen on a computer in other ways, then for this you can use special programs.
The most popular ones are:
- Lightshot. It is the SIMplest and most convenient program that helps you take a screenshot. We use it. To do this, you also need to use the PrintScreen key and drag the section using the cursor. You can get a link or a file with a screenshot.
- Screenshoter. It is a SIMpler program than the first option. The difference is that this version of the program has a minimum of functions and is slightly slower in operation. The advantages include the ability to record video, as well as the presence of a drawing function.
- Screen Capture. It also helps to keep the selected area of the computer screen. You can select a site using the cursor.
All these programs will help you take a screenshot of your computer monitor in a very short time. Now you know how to take a screenshot on a computer using special keys, built-in functions, and additional programs. Which method to choose depends on yourself.
How to take a screenshot (photo, screenshot) of a part of the screen in Windows 7
There are often cases that in order to prepare some reports, lessons, term papers, we need to insert photographs of the windows of the programs in which we work. Sometimes it is necessary to photograph the entire screen as a whole, sometimes only the active window of the program in which you are working.
However, there are times when we only need a photo of a small portion of the screen. You can, of course, take such a picture with the help of special software, but if you don’t want to install any programs, let’s figure out how to do this using the standard tools that Windows 7 offers us.
And oddly enough, this can be done in two ways.
Method. Take a screenshot of a part of the screen using the Alt and PrtSc keys, as well as the Paint graphic editor.
I like this method better, to be honest, because it works 100% anyway.
So, let’s say I need to take a photo of a part of the KMPlayer window. I don’t need the whole window, but I need a picture of the logo itself:
I make the window active by clicking on it with the left mouse button once. Then I hold down the Alt key and after PrtSc. Thus, I put a snapshot of this window into the clipboard.
Next, I launch the Paint graphic editor and insert our window there using the CtrlV keyboard shortcuts.
In the “Home” tab, I click the “Crop” item and select the part of the photo I need:
Next, I right-click on the piece of the photo that I have selected and select the “Crop” item from the drop-down menu.
As a result, I got a picture of the logo, which is what I wanted. It remains only to save it by clicking on the leftmost tab in the form of an arrow and selecting “Save As”.
Only when you save the picture is it better to choose the jpg format and it is advisable not to forget the place where you saved it.
Watch the video tutorial. in which I show how to take different screenshots in this way:
Using a mini-program such as Scissors. It is located along this path: “Start. All Programs. Accessories. Scissors”.
The program seems to be good, but not in all cases allows you to take a picture of what you want. However, if you need to take a quick photo of something, then it will do just right.
We launch the program. In the “Create” tab, you can select areas of the screen to photograph. Here you can take photos of both the whole screen and a separate window, and you can also take pictures of an arbitrary rectangular area or, in general, an area of arbitrary shape. I choose “Rectangle”
And right away I photograph my logo. In order to save the picture, you need to click on the floppy disk. That’s all.
Watch a video in which I show you how to work with the Scissors program:
How to take a screenshot in Windows 10
Screenshot is one of the most important features of any operating system, and Windows is no exception. There are many ways to take a screenshot in Windows 10. You can take a snapshot or, as they say, a screenshot of the entire screen or a specific window and save it to a folder. You can also save the screenshot to the clipboard and paste it into any application such as Microsoft Paint or Photoshop. In this article, I will tell you about several ways, more precisely key combinations, for creating screenshots in Windows 10, which everyone should know about.
It’s about built-in Windows tools. Next time I will show you how to take screenshots using specialized programs that have additional functions and capabilities, but, to be honest, in order to take a screenshot, most users will have enough native Windows 10 tools.
How to take a screenshot of the current Windows 10 window
If you just want to take a screenshot of an application or active window, follow these steps:
- Click on the application or window you want to take a screenshot of. Make sure it’s in the foreground and not behind other open apps.
- Press the Alt Print Screen keys.
- Open MS Paint or any other image editor.
- Press “Ctrl V” to paste an image from the clipboard.
- This will paste the screenshot into the Paint editor.
- After editing, you can save the screenshot to any folder on your hard drive or flash drive.
How to take a screenshot of the entire screen in Windows 10
Here are two ways to take a screenshot of your entire screen in Windows 10:
- Press the Windows Print Screen key.
- Go to the picture library on your computer by starting Windows Explorer (keyboard shortcut “Windows E”) and on the left side of the window click on the “Pictures” folder.
- Open the “Screenshots” folder, which will contain the saved screenshots. If Windows 10 is installed on the C: drive, then the folder with the saved screenshots will be located here C: \ Users \ User_name \ Pictures \ Screenshots
If you are working with an image editor, it will be easier to SIMply copy the screenshot to the clipboard. For this:
- Click Print Screen (see image above)
- Open any image editor (like MS Paint or Photoshop).
- Now press “Ctrl V” keys to paste the screenshot into Paint.
- After editing the snapshot, you can save the image.
How to take a screenshot of a portion of the Windows 10 screen
To take a screenshot of a specific area of the screen, follow these steps:
- Open the windows or applications you want to capture on the screen.
- Press the key combination “WIN Shift S”.
- Select the required area. The screenshot will be copied to the clipboard.
- Open any image editor and use the “CTRL V” key combination to paste an image from the clipboard.
Another way to take a screenshot of a specific area of the screen is to use the Windows 10 Snipping Tool. This method adds some additional features.
- Open the “Start” menu. “All Programs”. “Accessories”. Or in the Windows 10 search box, enter the word “Scissors”.
- Select “Rectangular” or “Freeform”. The first one allows you to take a rectangular screenshot of the screen, and the second one allows you to draw any shape on the screen and take a screenshot of that part.
- Once you’ve done that, you can use the Scissors tool. There is also an option to add a comment if needed.
Now you know how to take screenshots in Windows. These methods do not require installation of additional programs and do not require additional knowledge. Every Windows user should know about them. Believe it or not, among our authors there were those who knew about “Print Screen”, but did not know about other keyboard shortcuts.