How to set a passcode on iPhone 6
Changing the security code
How to set a password on “iPhone-6” or change it? If the user wants to change the security code, you need to follow the same steps as during installation.
After going to the “Password” select one of the necessary sections:
- Disable passcode. In this case, the user completely refuses the set password. It will be possible to log into a mobile device without any password. Of course, such a move will be quite risky, since it will not secure the information on the phone if it is lost.
- Change passcode. To change the password on the iPhone, you need to select “Passcode options”, enter the invented code, then activate it.
- Erasing data. Such a section can be included. It is required in case the mobile device is stolen. After ten incorrect attempts to enter the password, all sorts of data will be erased from the mobile device. If you disable this option, the phone will only ask for recovery after entering ten incorrect passwords.
iPhone 6: How to Set a Passcode on Lock Screen
How to set a password on “iPhone-6” or change it?
Most iPhone users do not set a password after purchasing a mobile device. This way they leave their own phones unprotected.
To protect your phone from all kinds of intrusions, you need to set a password. How to put a password on “iPhone-4”? At first glance, setting up a security password doesn’t seem like a difficult task. However, in this case, some iPhone users make a number of blunders.
Let’s take a look at how to set up a security password on iPhone.
Iphone 4, 5, 6, 7
How to set a password on “iPhone-6″? It is much easier for owners of old devices to install it.
To do this, follow the instructions below:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Find “Password”. Click on “Password”.
- Enter the required code, which will consist of six numbers or letters.
- Confirm password and then activate it.
How to set a password on “iPhone-6”? The password setting scheme is the same for both the fifth and sixth iPhone.
Reasons for setting a password
First, let’s look at a few of the most important reasons why mobile device owners should set a password.
- Possible loss of your phone. Quite a common reason. than 30% of smartphone owners find themselves in this situation. If you lose your phone, the owner will lose not only the mobile device, but also all kinds of files. Perhaps the person who finds the phone will possess valuable compromising evidence.
- Theft. There is no guarantee that the phone will not be stolen even today, on the street.
- Data loss. There are frequent cases when data on a mobile device spontaneously disappear. IPhone developers strongly recommend their own customers to set a security password on the phone.
- Spontaneous inclusion. It is not uncommon for the phone to turn itself on. For example, in his. he can independently call somewhere.
How to set a password on “iPhone-6”? Simple enough!
By the way, if the mobile device supports the Touch ID function, then instead of a digital password, you can use your own fingerprint. This method will be much easier, since the password will be almost impossible to crack. There is also a Face ID feature for unlocking using face recognition.
How to put a password on “iPhone-5″? Unfortunately, the fifth iPhone does not support Face ID, Touch ID. In this case, the user will have to limit himself to a digital password.
For owners of Iphone X and above, setting a password is as follows:
- Find the “Settings” section in the menu.
- Go to the “Face ID and Passcode” section.
- Enter the selected six-digit password.
- Confirm password.
- Make activation.
Setting a password
There are a few steps you need to take to set a passcode on your iPhone. Let’s describe the process of setting a password on some iPhone models.
Setting a password for a specific application
To set a password for a specific program or application, you must:
- Make sure Screen Time is on.
- After the user is convinced that this function is enabled, go to the “Settings” section.
- In the “Settings” we find the section “Screen Time”.
- We select the item “Use a password code”, set a specific code.
- Go to statistics and select the required application.
- We set an additional restriction by selecting the item “Add limit”.
- We set a specific time required by the user.
As a result, the user has set a password for a specific application. As you can see, it was quite simple to do this. How to put a password on “iPhone-5s”? The above scheme is only suitable for iOS 12. Therefore, it will be impossible to set a password for the application in the “iPhone-5s”.
How to set a limit on a specific app in iOS 12
If setting a limit for a group of applications is not suitable, proceed as follows.
Turn on Screen Time and set up a 4-digit password (Settings. Screen Time. Use Passcode).
Run any application that you want to password-protect (we use it for a couple of minutes), then return to the Settings. Screen Time section and click on the total usage time.
Below the usage graph, you will see frequently used programs, among which the required one will be displayed.
Open the section for the application and click Add limit.
Set the limit for 1 minute and click Add.
Now the set limit will apply to only one application.
Of course, this is not a password for launching applications in its pure form. However, for many, this will be enough to protect confidential data in some programs on their smartphone.
How to set a password for an app group in iOS 12
Go to Settings. Screen Time and select Enable Screen Time.
Below we click Use a password code and set a four-digit code, it will be used to lock applications.
Go to the Settings. Screen Time. Program Limits.
Click Add limit and indicate the category of applications (social networks, games, etc.).
Set the usage limit. 1 minute, mark the Block option at the end of the limit.
Application icons will become darkened, and a special symbol will be displayed next to the name.
Now, after using any of the marked programs for 1 minute a day, the limit is activated. When launching the application, you will need to enter a four-digit code.
After that, the limit can be extended by 15 minutes, an hour or a day.
How to set a password to launch applications in iOS 12
One of the important innovations in iOS 12 is Screen Time. Initially, this feature is intended for self-control, allowing you to set time limits for working with certain applications.
I doubt that all iPhone or iPad users will be in control of their loved one. Instead, the chip can be used to password-protect certain programs on the device.
Without a special code, it will not be possible to launch applications, isn’t this what we have been waiting for in iOS?
I love technology and everything connected with it. I believe that the greatest discoveries of humanity are yet to come!
How to set a password on a photo in iOS
Perhaps one of the main problems with the standard iOS gallery is the lack of a security mechanism. For one reason or another, a password cannot be set on a photo or video. In the standard gallery, you can only “hide” images, and this option, for obvious reasons, is absolutely useless. But the solution to this problem has already been found.
Many users resort to using third-party galleries, but there is an easier way. All private pictures can be stored in the “Notes” application. here you can set a password.
How to set a password on a photo in iOS
- Launch “Settings” and go to the “Notes” section. Disable the item “Save to Photo”. This is to avoid duplicates;
- Next, we indicate the code in the “Password” section. For security reasons, it makes sense to disable Face ID and Touch ID to access notes;
- Create a new note and add the required photo;
- In the context menu “Share” select the option “Block”;
- Confirm the lock of the note using the “lock” icon.
All is ready. The content of the note is highly protected. you will need to enter the corresponding password to view it. Note that all notes will sync across all devices. Accordingly, it will be possible to access private photos not only on the iPhone, but also on the Mac or iPad.
Please note that notes cannot be recovered if the password is forgotten. That is why you should approach the issue of creating a password with all responsibility.
We suggest subscribing to our channel at Yandex.Zen. There you can find exclusive materials that are not on the site.
Longreads for you
Some iOS users intermittently experience update check failure that prevents them from installing a new version of the OS. We figure out what caused this problem and how to solve it
The third beta version of iOS 14.3 turned out to be quite rich in innovations. We figure out what’s new in it and what you should pay special attention to
iOS 14, in addition to being one of the most stable annual updates, can safely be considered one of the most intense in terms of changes. App
It never ceases to amaze me how Apple, obsessed with privacy, has not yet made a separate folder in which to put those photos that you directly want to open or process in another program? And why is it still impossible to close and not hide individual photos? Why, because of a couple of photos that you want to improve, you have to provide programs and their owners with access to the entire photo album?
If iPhone won’t recover in normal mode and iTunes gives an error, use DFU mode. The order will be as follows:
- Open iCloud Settings and turn off Find My iPhone.
- Download the latest iOS version to your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer. Hold the Home and Power keys for 10-15 seconds until the screen turns off. A second after the screen turns off, release the Power button, but continue to hold Home. Wait for iTunes to see a notification that the device has been detected in recovery mode.
- Hold down the Shift key on your computer keyboard and click “Restore iPhone“.
- Select the downloaded firmware file and wait for the restore process to complete.
To wake up the device from DFU mode, hold down the Power and Home buttons for 15 seconds.
The iPhone 7 doesn’t have a home button, so the order of entering and exiting DFU mode will be slightly different:
- Connect iPhone 7 to Computer.
- Press and hold the power button.
- Without releasing the power button, hold down the volume down key. Hold both buttons for 10 seconds. If the Apple logo appears, repeat the procedure. it means you have been holding the buttons for too long.
- Release the power button after 10 seconds. Continue to hold the Volume Down key for another 5 seconds. If the iTunes Connect screen appears, start over. you held down the buttons for too long.
- If the display stays black and iTunes displays a message stating that a device has been found in recovery mode, then you’ve put your iPhone in DFU mode.
Otherwise, the instructions are the same: you need to select an IPSW file or entrust iTunes to download and install the firmware yourself. To wake up iPhone 7 from DFU mode, hold down the Volume Down and Power button until the Apple logo appears.
Hello, I forgot the password from iCloud to any applications. Re-flashing is possible and will it help?
Good evening. Tell me the camera does not work and the flash maybe a flashing will help? I read they say yes.
Tell me, I can’t activate my iPhone for 2 weeks.
I bought from another owner, I untied everything in front of me, I turned off the iPhone to find.
When trying to log in, activation error. unable to activate iPhone because it could not contact the apl servers.
This is such a game.
I tried everything.
Firmware, update via aytuns. Nothing activates it.
What do you think?
I already bought the device The person gets in touch, well, he says, it still worked. Now he, too, must walk with a non-working apparatus?
The service told me that the repair will cost 3000. And everything will work with a 100% guarantee. Maybe someone knows what to do?
Good afternoon, you activate from a backup or as a new one?
Look here in more detail about activation: http://profiApple.ru/iphone/instrukcii/sistema-i-obnovlenie/kak-aktivirovatj-ayfon-4s.html
Good day! We bought a new iPhone 6 s, in Russia it works fine with cards, but in Ukraine it does not see. Tell me what to do. Is it worth reflashing! Thank you in advance.
hello tell me please bought my daughter an iPhone7 and there Apple ID: the account is empty what to do?
(iPhone 6) The screen goes blank, went to the service, they replaced the screen backlight circuit, but after a few days, the screen started to go out again. When you start the camera, stripes appear on it, if you restart the phone, then everything becomes fine for a while, can a flashing help?
I bought an iPhone 7, I flashed it, and there the activation lock comes out, you can remove it?
accidentally put the phone into recovery mode, now it is in the recovery loop, I heard that through reiboot, you can get it out of this state, but the PC does not see the phone. I don’t know what to do with this, can someone tell me?
iPhone 7 crashed and the motherboard broke, that is, the home button does not work and what options are possible
I wanted to update the version but the knlpka does not work, it is not possible to enable
Hello, I updated iOS outgoing calls disappeared help what to do?
Hello, I forgot the password from the iPhone 6, it is not tied to any applications, I know the password from the icoud, what to do?
Hello, the Touch di button does not work on iPhone 6. They say if you go back to version 9, then everything will be restored, what do you say?
Good evening. in the main Settings Software update the latest IOS 12 is installed (please tell me what to do.
Hello. Purchased an iPhone 6s from a different owner. It is not possible to log out from his Aykloud, asks for the password of the previous owner, we enter everything correctly, does not answer. settings do not work, authentication failed. Resetting the settings also fails. A yellow spot appeared on the screen and applications stopped opening, freezes. Tell me how to be?
I bought an iPhone 6 asks for the background of an old owner and someone doesn’t know how to be
Anyone who needs an iPhone that you don’t know is a brick. Google and iCloud Lock, saddened. For devices above seven, there is minimal sense to pay for unlock, but there is scammer. 80%, decide for yourself whether it is worth the risk
Whoever has a failure to enter / exit aikloud, reset. the bodies are most likely melted or crookedly soldered, the modem dies, if it is the sixth or lower. bury it, if higher. keep in mind that the modem soldering costs 100 dollars and after that it is better not to drop the bodies
iPhone 7 started rebooting every 30 seconds. When you enter DFU mode, everything is fine, but as soon as it starts to update, it turns on
Firmware options and methods
IPhone firmware is its software, the operating system known as iOS. A flashing is a system restore or update. In the first case, it means a return to factory settings with the removal of personal data, in the second. installing a new version of iOS without affecting user content.
deleting iPhone custom settings
A flashing may be required in the following cases:
- IOS crashes.
- Release of a new version of iOS.
- The need to completely delete information from the phone. for example, when transferring the device to another owner.
There are two methods of flashing iPhone: via iTunes connection and Wi-Fi. In iTunes, you can do both flashing, restore and update. Over Wi-Fi, only device upgrade is possible, that is, downloading and installing updates.
Apple does not allow you to install outdated iOS versions. This does not prevent craftsmen from releasing software that allows you to downgrade the system, but most often it only works on older iPhone models. It is not possible to downgrade iOS on iPhone 6 or 7.
Methods for flashing the latest iPhone models
Trying to figure out how to reflash an iPhone, the user must first understand what firmware is and what methods of flashing exist. The process itself takes 10 minutes, any iPhone owner can complete it, but for greater confidence, you need to know some technical points.
We have already written instructions on the site on how to reflash an iPhone, but it was about iPhones 4 and 5. You can see this article here. In general, the process has remained the same. Below we tell you how to reflash modern iPhones (iPhones 6 and 7) and how to install an iOS update on iPhone 6 or 7.
iPhone slows down after updating: what to do?
We figured out how to reflash a new iPhone through iTunes. a convenient way, but its implementation requires a computer at hand. If you don’t have a computer and you need a new version of iOS, you can get it via Wi-Fi. Why only Wi-Fi and not mobile traffic? The answer lies in the size of the downloaded file. 3G bandwidth does not allow downloading such volumes of information normally, so you have to use a Wi-Fi connection.
- Connect your phone to Wi-Fi.
- Open the “General” section in the settings. Go to the submenu “Software update”.
- A check for updates will begin. If there are updates, the “Download and Install” button will appear.
Important: Updating via Wi-Fi cannot be used on jailbroken phones, it will lead to an “eternal apple”. How do I know if my device is jailbroken? The Cydia application will be available on it.
You can also update iOS through iTunes, while the order of performing the operation will practically not differ from restoring the device, with the only exception. user content will remain intact.
- Launch iTunes, connect the device and select it in the program window.
- Click “Update” and confirm the operation.
You can download the latest iOS on your computer yourself, and then select the firmware file in iTunes. This approach will save time for downloading an updated version of the system. To be able to specify the path to the firmware file, hold down the Shift key and click “Update”. An explorer window will appear, in which you can select the downloaded upgrade.
Remember, when you update, your custom content and settings are preserved. If you restore the device, then the phone will become “clean”, as after the purchase.
Do not forget to read the comments, there is also a lot of useful information. If there is no answer to your question, and there is an answer to later comments, then the answer to your question is contained in the article, respect someone else’s time.