How to set a song to ringtone on iPhone
How to put music on a call on iPhone: set a ringtone
You can set a ringtone on the iPhone so that instead of the standard melody yours plays. you can either to a separate contact or to all incoming calls at once.
The function is very convenient and in demand among users. It is even possible to replace the signal that is played after receiving an SMS.
From the past material, you learned how easy it is to restore an iPhone. Now we will take a closer look at how to put a ringtone on an iPhone, as well as how to change it to SMS and other notifications.
For all calls
The set melody will be played on all calls, except for those contacts on which a separate.
Open iPhone settings and go to the “Sounds, tactile signals” section. Here you will see all the options for which you can set your melody, these are:
- On messages
- Answering machine
- New mail
- Calendar notifications
The volume also changes here. Open the required section to change the melody for an incoming call. this is a ringtone.
Select one of the options already available by simply clicking on it. To download additional ringtones, click on the Sound Store link.
Here you will find thousands of ready-made ringtones available for purchase. They can be sorted by genre and listened to in advance. Their price is like a cup of tea in the nearest cafe.
You can do the same with SMS, notifications and other sounds. If you have already purchased music, but do not see it in the list, then click on the link. “Download all purchased sounds”.
Open the iTunes Store app on your phone, it’s installed by default. And go to the “Sounds” section.
Interesting! To create your own ringtones, you can use the GarageBand application, you can always download it from the App Store.
How to put ringtone on iPhone
For a separate contact
Open the required contact in the phone book and click on the “Edit” button in the upper right part of the screen.
Scroll down the page a little. Here you will see two options. put your own ringtone on a call or change the sound of the message. Yes, you can even change the music to SMS for each contact. Select the option you want.
Further, from the list we already know, which we examined in the first chapter. select a ringtone from the already installed ones or go to the “Sound Store” and download something interesting.
The actions will take effect immediately. Now you can always find out who is calling you on the track, which will play on your smartphone when there is an incoming call.
Now you know how to set iPhone ringtone to your ringtone. This is a really handy feature that allows you to identify the caller by the track that will play on the call.
How to put a song on an iPhone ring: a trick versus copyright
Believe it or not, you can’t just pick up and put a ringtone on an iPhone. On Android, this is done in a few taps! But the fact is the fact, therefore, we provide a comprehensive instruction for today on how to put a song on the iPhone ringtone.
In addition, you can search for music by individual artist, or, conversely, view the current top charts. Songs purchased in iTunes can be set to a call using Apple’s native tools. And the in iTunes for Russia and the CIS do not really bite: one track costs about 19 rubles.
But if you listen exclusively to Nordic black metal and think that there is only pop in iTunes, or you write music yourself, or you want to put on the call exactly that bison roar that you yourself just cut from a YouTube video, no purchase will help. In this case, we give detailed instructions on how to download any ringtone to iPhone.
1 Create a ringtone file
There are two rules for iPhone ringtones: they must be no more than 30 seconds long and be in a special m4r format.
There are several ways to create such a file:
- Through audio trimming services such as Audiko or Ringer.org. Upload the song file there, set the duration, select the m4r download format and download the resulting ringtone to your computer. Suitable for Mac OS users.
Using audio cutting software such as iRinger. Install the program, open the audio for it, cut it, save it to m4r. Suitable for Windows users.
2 Transfer file to iPhone
The finished ringtone in the required format must be dropped onto the device. This is also not as easy as it seems. There are two ways to do this:
- Using iTunes. To do this, you need to place the created audio file in the Sounds (Ringtones) folder in iTunes and synchronize the data with the device. How to do this depends on your version of iTunes.
- If you have iTunes version below 10, just drag the file into the iTunes window by opening the Ringtones (Sounds) folder in the program. Then connect the iPhone to the computer, the device will sync and the file will be added to the iPhone.
- If you have iTunes version 10 to 12.6, the Ringtones (Sounds) folder is hidden in the program. You can open it in several ways: drag the ringtone file into the program window; press CtrlO, select a file and press OK; go to the menu Edit → Settings → General, check the Ringtones (Sounds) box and move the file to the folder that appears; right-click on the iTunes menu, select Edit Menu, check the Sounds box and drag the file to the folder that appears. If dragging and dropping does not work. copy by pressing Ctrl C / Ctrl V. Then connect the iPhone and synchronization will transfer the file to the device.
- If you have iTunes 12.7, first connect your iPhone to your computer, wait for the sync to start, and then grab the ringtone file and drag (copy by pressing Ctrl C / Ctrl V) it onto the image of your device in the Devices section.
The file will be automatically added to the iPhone.
In order to add a new ringtone to iPhone, you need to create an audio file in m4r format with a duration of no more than 30 seconds, transfer it to your device using automatic synchronization and set it as a ringtone.
3 Set the song to the iPhone ringtone
Whichever transfer method you use, the file should end up on the iPhone in the Ringtones (Sounds) folder.
- Open iPhone Settings → Sounds → Ringtone.
- Your song will be first on the list. Click on her to make her call.
How to put a song on a call on an iPhone?
Setting a ringtone on an iPhone is not an easy task and it is very strange. It would seem that such a friendly system as iOS should include a simple tool for this operation, but in reality this is not at all the case. However, there is a way out and today we will tell you how to install a song on your iPhone using just iTunes.
How to Ring a Song on an iPhone (iTunes 12.6 and Older)
The first step is to make certain settings. Go to “Start” → “Control Panel” → “Folder Options” (“Folder Options”), go to the “View” tab and uncheck the box next to “Hide extensions for registered file types”. This will be needed to rename the ringtone we are creating.
Open iTunes and add a song by clicking File → Add File to Library. Listen to the song and the section from it that you would like to hear as a ringtone. The maximum length of the track being played is 40 seconds.
Right-click on the song and select Details. Go to the “Parameters” tab and specify the desired start and end time of the call (the sound file itself will not be cut off). After the end of the interval selection, click “OK”.
Right click on the song of your choice and select Create AAC Version. You will see another copy of the future ringtone.
Right click on the new song and select Show in Windows Explorer. The selected file must be renamed to the m4r extension (iPhone ringtone format).
Drag the ringtone into iTunes (or add the usual “File” → “Add file to library”). it will appear in a new category “Sounds”, which will contain all ringtones.
Synchronize iPhone with computer. After the synchronization is complete, the ringtone can be found by going to “Settings” → “Sounds” → “Ringtone”.
After completing the procedure, be sure to remove the start and end times of the original melody. Just uncheck the boxes that were set in point 3.
How to Ring a Song on iPhone (iTunes 12.7 and Newer) on PC
In order to be able to create and download ringtones through iTunes, one parameter of the system settings needs to be changed in Windows. Go to “Start” → “Control Panel” → “Folder Options” (“Folder Options”), go to the “View” tab and uncheck the box next to “Hide extensions for registered file types”. This will be needed to rename the ringtone we are creating.
Open iTunes and select the song you want to create a ringtone from (or add a song by clicking File → Add File to Library). Listen to the song and record the start and end times of the segment you would like to hear as a ringtone. Maximum ringtone length 40 seconds.
Advice! You can also trim a song for iPhone ringtone in an easier way, which is described in detail in this manual. If you use an alternative method, then after that you can immediately go to step 8.
Right-click on a song and select Song Info. Then go to the “Parameters” tab and specify the desired start and end time of the call (the sound file itself will not be cut off). After the end of the interval selection, click “OK”.
Note that after setting the marks of the beginning and end of your future ringtone, it is recommended to listen to the song and, if necessary, make changes to the length of the segment.
Right click on the song of your choice and select “File” → “Convert” → “Create AAC Version”.
You will see another copy of the future ringtone, the creation of which will be accompanied by a sound notification.
Right click on the new song and select “Show in Windows Explorer”.
The selected file must be renamed to the m4r extension (iPhone ringtone format).
In the On My Device column, select the Sounds section. Drag the ringtone you created (.m4r file) to the list of ringtones available on iPhone and click “Done”.
After that, the ringtone will be available on your iPhone under “Settings” → “Sounds”. After completing the procedure, be sure to remove the start and end times of the original melody. Just uncheck the boxes that were set in point 3.
How to Ring a Song on iPhone on Mac (iTunes 12.7 and Newer)
Launch iTunes and select the song you want to make a ringtone from. Right-click on it and select “Song Details”.
In the window that opens, select the “Options” tab, check the boxes next to the “Beginning” and “End” items, specify the segment of the beginning and end of the ringtone you are creating and click “OK”. Before performing this action, of course, it is recommended to listen to the song and write down the start and end times of the segment in advance, which will become your future ringtone.
In iTunes, select File → Convert → Create AAC Version. Immediately after that, a new song will appear in your library, shortened to the specified segment.
Right click on the created song and select “Show in Finder”.
In the window that opens with your future ringtone, right-click on it, click “Rename” and change the file extension from m4a to m4r (iPhone ringtone format).
Connect iPhone to Mac with USB cable and select smartphone in iTunes window.
In the On My Device column, select the Sounds section. Drag the ringtone you created (.m4r file) to the list of ringtones available on iPhone and click “Done”.
After that, the ringtone will be available on your iPhone in the “Settings” → “Sounds” section. After completing the procedure, be sure to remove the start and end times of the original melody. Just uncheck the boxes that were set in point 2.
Please rate 5 stars at the bottom of the article if you like this topic. Subscribe to us Telegram. In contact with. Instagram YouTube.
How to put ringtone on iPhone: step-by-step guide for 2 OS. Windows and Mac
Many people are interested in how to download a song from PC to iPhone 5s or another Applelophone, because the call wants an original melody, which no one else has. In fact, this is not difficult to pull off. The main thing is to keep at hand this guide on installing ringtones on devices with iTunes 12.7, as well as newer versions for owners of computers on Windows and MacOS.
How to set ringtone on iPhone via PC on Windows?
You don’t need to buy anything to install your own ringtone on an Apple-made phone. In this section. life hacks for those who work on Windows.
How to put a ringtone in iTunes 12.7 or iPhone with a newer version of the application:
To be able to load songs on a call, you first need to change one setting in Windows, namely, to give the ability to rename the audio file created by the user. To do this, go to the “View” (located in the properties of folders) and remove the check mark from the item that hides extensions for registered file types.
In the iTunes application, you need to select the audio file from which you want to create a ringtone. However, you can use an alternative option by adding the file to the library. Now you need to listen to the track and write down or remember the time when the segment of the call melody should begin and end.
Note: the ringtone can be up to 40 seconds long.
Now you need to trim the audio recording and convert it to the required extension and format. How to do this is described in the table.
Now you need to connect your smartphone to your computer via USB and select it in the iTunes window. The required file with the required extension will need to be sent to the list displaying ringtones. He’s in Sounds. The last step is to click “Finish”.
That’s all: after these actions, the ringtone will be displayed on the iPhone. All that remains is to remove the time limits for playing the original track by unchecking the boxes that were set earlier.
How to set your song to ring using Mac?
It is even easier for Mac owners to download their ringtone to iPhone. You don’t need to download a special program, as in the case of Windows, you don’t have to buy anything either. everything can be done quickly and for free.
- Launch iTunes and select the track from which you want to create a ringtone. Go to song details by right-clicking on the audio file with your computer mouse.
- A window will open where you need to enter the “Options” and specify the interval when the song should start and when it should end.
Advice: before choosing time limits, it would be good to listen to the song in advance and remember from what time to how long the ringtone will last.
- Now you just need to connect your iOS phone to the Mac and select it in the application window. Move or copy the created song for a call to the “Sounds” section (located in the “On my device” column) in the list of ringtones. Confirm that everything is ready.
Advice: after adding a new ringtone to the device, you need to remove the start and finish times of the original track. just uncheck the checkboxes that were put before.
As you can see, you can put your own ringtone on the iPhone for free. True, for this you will have to cut the track yourself and add it to iTunes in the desired extension. However, doing this yourself is not so troublesome, and on any computer OS, even Apple’s, even Microsoft’s. If you think about it, it’s even better than buying a ringtone: you don’t have to look for the part of the iTunes song you like.
How to put music on a call via iTunes?
You can make a ringtone for a call via iTunes using the following algorithm:
First of all, launch iTunes and open the side menu by pressing CTRLS.
Select the track you would like to make a ringtone from and right-click on it. We will be making a ringtone from the Depeche Mode song “In Your Room”. In the menu that appears, select “Information”.
In the “Information” block, move from the “Details” section (which is selected by default) to the “Parameters” section. you will see the following window:
Here you can adjust the volume of the ringtone (for example, double the original composition) and select an equalizer preset:
The presets are the same as those available in the settings of the standard “Music” application.
Check the boxes next to “Start” and “End” and set the interval so that the duration of the ringtone does not exceed 40 seconds.
Then click the “OK” button at the bottom of the window.
Find the edited track in the list of your library and select it.
Although the library says the track is originally 4:51 minutes long, when you play it back in iTunes, you will find that the track has been trimmed to 30 seconds.
Follow the path “File”. “Convert”. “Create version to AAC” without deselecting the selected track:
A “clone” will appear next to the original song in MP3 format. a trimmed AAC track half a minute long.
Upon completion of this operation, do not forget to return through the “Parameters” the previous duration of the original track.
Right click on the AAC file and select Show in Windows Explorer:
A special iTunes folder will open, located on the computer’s C drive. the ringtone will “lie” in it:
Change the file format from m4a to m4r. This is where the complexity lies, because on many Windows 7 computers, file formats are hidden. To show the permissions, you will have to dig deeper into the computer settings. in the explorer, type “Folder Options” and go to the section found. A window like this will appear:
Go to the “View” tab and uncheck the box next to the item “Hide extensions for registered file types” (located almost at the very bottom). Click Apply and OK. After that, the format will be displayed next to the file name in the iTunes folder. changing a to r is easy:
The final chord remains: in the side menu of the iTunes library, select the “Sounds” section and enter the melody in m4r format in the field that appears:
Connect iPhone to PC via USB cable and start sync. An important point: after connecting the gadget to your computer, click on the device icon in the top panel of iTunes and select the “Sounds” section in the left panel:
Check the box next to “Sync sounds” and click the “Apply” button below. If this operation is not performed, synchronization will be ineffective, no matter how much you do it.
Next, setting the music to the call is a matter of technology: on the iPhone, go along the “Settings” “Sounds” “Ringtone” path and select a new ringtone (it will be the first in the line). A new call can be set not only for a general call, but also for a specific subscriber. for this you need to find a suitable contact, click “Change” and select “Ringtone”.
How to put ringtone on iPhone?
Novice iPhone users often give up the idea of putting their own ringtone on the call, considering the procedure too troublesome and preferring the standard Marimba. However, as iPhones spread among domestic users, the use of built-in ringtones begins to cause inconvenience: when Marimba sounds in a public place, every second person reaches into his for a gadget to check if they are calling him.
The increase in demand for original ringtones has given rise to new opportunities for their creation: now you can put a song on a call not only using iTunes, but also through other software. It is important to remember two rules: the ringtone must have a special permission m4r and not exceed 40 seconds.
How to put ringtone on iPhone via iTools?
iTools is an alternative software solution from Chinese manufacturers that allows Apple users to download music without syncing and iTunes in general. Creating and putting a ringtone through iTools is incomparably easier than through iTunes, however, this method has its drawbacks.
When creating ringtone on iPhone using iTools, follow the instructions:
Open iTools and navigate to the “Music” section:
Use the “Add” button to add the composition to the list:
Highlight a song in the list and click the “Make Ringtones” button located in the top panel. A window like this will appear:
On the right you will see the duration of the unprocessed track. the composition from the example is 5 minutes 23 seconds. Set the parameters “Start” and “End” so that the duration does not exceed 40 seconds.
Click the “Save To Local” button, and the program will offer to save the ringtone to the computer memory immediately in m4r format:
Find the created ringtone on your computer and add it to the list with a simple drag and drop:
Connect the gadget to your computer and click the “Import To Device” button in the top panel of the program. This will add the ringtone to the device memory.
In terms of creating ringtones, iTools has a number of advantages over iTunes: firstly, the user of Chinese software does not need to fool himself with extensions, and secondly, he does not need to synchronize. However, the iTools program also has drawbacks: it is not Russified and does not give the user the ability to edit the meta-data of the compositions.
You can place a call on the iPhone without using a PC at all. there are several special applications for creating ringtones in the AppStore, such as Ringtone and iTrax. You can read about the pros and cons of these and other programs for trimming music here.
ITools app from Chinese developers
It’s no surprise that Chinese developers have tried to create a product that is no worse than iTunes. This is how the iTools application appeared, which in terms of functionality is not inferior to the original. In addition, some users claim that this program is more intuitive to use.
It is very easy to use the program to create a ringtone and download on iPhone: upload the desired audio file to the “Music”. “System Sounds” category when the gadget is connected. Synchronization occurs automatically and in minutes, the track will be on your device.
How to set ringtone on iPhone via iTunes
The easiest way to create a ringtone, as well as put a song on an Iphone call, is using the iTunes program. To do this, the software must be preinstalled on your computer or laptop. Depending on the version of iTunes, the process of creating and installing a ringtone on the gadget will be different. Let’s consider both options for outdated and new software:
- Install the program on your computer device. In iTunes 12, before you start creating a ringtone on the Iphone, you first need to make sure that the checkbox next to the line “Process music and video manually” is checked. You can find this field by opening the program and selecting the category “Browse”.
- Drag the media file or media files from which you will “cut” the ringtone to the library. To do this, go to the “File” tab, and then to the “Add file to the library” category.
- Now you need to right-click on a specific music track to use on the call.
- Select “Information” or “Details” in iTunes 10.
- In the window that appears, and more specifically in the top panel, click the “Options” category.
- Now a window should appear on your screen with the ability to select the time segment of the song being played. Ringtone on iPhone should not exceed the time size of more than 30-40 seconds, so you must decide in advance on a piece of music composition and choose the best playback section during a call. But, as stated above, it should not be longer than 30-40 seconds.
- Now in the window with the ability to select a time interval, you need to put a tick next to the word “Start” and write the start time of the composition. Do the same with the “Stop” category. check the box and write down the end time of the musical segment.
- Save your changes.
- After that, you need to click again with the right mouse button on the selected composition and select the line “Convert to AAC format”. In newer versions of iTunes, you must first select the line to convert, another small menu will open, where you need to select “Convert to AAC”
- After this action, your 30 second piece of music will appear in the list of media files. It also needs to be right-clicked and selected to show in “Finder” or “Windows Explorer”. A window will open where the file we need is located, but in a different format. m4a, and you need the m4ar format. The new version of iTunes will offer you the option to show the track in the “Finder” for MacOs or show it through Windows Explorer.
- To change the file format, you need to go to the “Control Panel” in the Windows OS through the “Start” menu. Next, find the line “Folder options”, and in the top panel of the window that opens, select the “View” category. Closer to the bottom, find the line “Hide extensions for registered file types” and uncheck it. Then save the changes.
- Now you can start renaming the file type m4a to m4ar. To do this, right-click on the file, select the “Rename” line and the desired file format.
- Drag the m4ar media file with the future ringtone to any place convenient for you on your computer.
- Finally, we start solving the question of how to install a ringtone on an iPhone via iTunes. This process depends on the version of iTunes installed:
- For version 10 and below. Connect your iPhone to your computer. Now drag and drop your ringtone into the iTunes folder called “Ringtone” located under the “Sounds” section. Now put a tick in front of “Synchronize ringtones”, confirm your actions using the active “Apply” button. After the synchronization process, already in the gadget itself, go to the Sounds / Ringtones category and set the track you created instead of the standard call sound.
- In iTunes 10 through 12.6, the Sounds folder is hidden, so you have to dig a little. There are several ways to make a folder visible. For example, right-click on the iTunes menu and select the “Edit Menu” category, and then check the box next to the “Sounds” item, and transfer your media file to the folder that appears.
You can also open the hidden folder “Sounds” if you go to iTunes in the directory “Edit-Settings-General” and check the box next to “Sounds”. If the track cannot be dragged into the appeared folder as standard, and copying via the mouse does not work, then try copying and pasting the music file using the keyboard shortcuts: “CtrV” / “CtrC”. Now connect your iPhone, sync and transfer the file to your gadget.
- In iTunes 12.7, you must first connect the Iphone, as soon as the synchronization process starts, drag the file with the track to the device section and the iPhone subcategory, or copy the “CtrV” / “CtrC” keyboard shortcut into the same category. Now grab your gadget, go to Settings-Sounds-Ringtone and make your track your iPhone ringtone.
How To Make A Custom iPhone Ringtone From iTunes Library [Tutorial]
There is nothing difficult in installing a new ringtone on a gadget from Apple, although, of course, you have to tinker. Perhaps it can be done faster with the help of third-party programs.
Download ringtone to iPhone via GarageBand app
A convenient application that does not require the use of other gadgets besides your device. You can download and install the application using the App Store, besides, it is free.
Its functions include the ability to process any file and set it as a ringtone for an Iphone call. You can download the track for the future ringtone for free or use the existing ones on your device.
Program for quickly changing ringtones on iPhone
One of the programs that allows you to quickly drag any file to your Apple device is Waltr. It can be installed on computers and laptops, as well as other portable devices that run on Windows and MacOS. Very easy to use application.
Just install the software on your gadget, connect the Iphone, wait until the program detects the device and you can drag and drop any file. In the case of a ringtone track, do not forget that it should be no more than 30-40 seconds.
How to put your own ringtone on iPhone with MobiMover
MobiMover is an alternative to the desktop version of iTunes. Works adequately during installation, both on computers and laptops with Windows OS and MacOs. Designed to exchange files between computer devices and iPhone. In the application, you can process media files, crop to the desired size, drag and drop to Iphone.
Softorino YouTube Converter 2 App
Paid application Softorino YouTube Converter 2, which is designed specifically for converting and downloading ringtones on the iPhone, and also allows you to download videos from YouTube, Vimeo and Instagram and another 62 web resources.
In this application, you can upload a musical composition, process it, crop it to the size you need and, of course, transfer it to your gadget, automatically synchronizing. It is free to check the program for performance, you can only within 24 hours, then you will have to pay about 20 USD.
If you find an error, please select a piece of text and press CtrlEnter.
Add ringtone to iPhone
Of course, you can get by with standard ringtones, but it is much more interesting when your favorite song will play upon an incoming call. But first, the ringtone needs to be added to the iPhone.
How to set ringtone on iPhone
This method of adding new sounds to iPhone is much easier, but it’s not free. The bottom line is simple. buy a suitable ringtone from the iTunes Store.
- Launch the iTunes Store app. Go to the “Sounds” tab and find the melody that suits you. If you know which song you want to purchase, select the “Search” tab and enter your request.
Before a ringtone is purchased, you can listen to it by simply tapping on the name once. Having decided on the purchase, to the right of it, select the icon with the cost.
If you require the same melody to be applied to all incoming calls, you will need to proceed as follows.
- Open the settings on the device and go to the “Sounds” section.
In the section “Sounds and vibration patterns” select “Ringtone”.
Installing a ringtone on iPhone
After adding a ringtone to your iPhone, you just have to set it as a ringtone. This can be done in one of two ways.
Suppose you have a ringtone on your computer, which was either previously downloaded from the Internet or created on your own. In order for it to appear in the list of ringtones on the Apple gadget, it will need to be transferred from the computer.
On the left side of the window, go to the “Sounds” tab.
Done. The ringtone is now on your device.
You can find out who is calling you without looking at the phone screen. just set your ringtone on the selected contact.
- Open the Phone app and go to the Contacts section. Find the required subscriber in the list.
In the upper right corner, select “Change”.
In the “Ringtones” block, check the box next to the desired ringtone. When finished, tap on the item “Done”.
That’s all. If you still have questions, ask them in the comments.
Convenient application from a third-party developer; to use it to copy the ringtone to the iPhone memory, you will need:
- Run the program and go to the “Tools” tab.
- Upload your music (this can be either a previously created ringtone or an original melody).
- And, as needed, reducing the playing time.
- Add the result to the iPhone using the “Save to device” button. due to the peculiarities of the application, it may remain unlit even when the iPhone is connected.
Tip: Another way to load a ringtone into the device’s memory is to drag music from a folder directly to the file manager.
How to add ringtone to iPhone?
Adding a ringtone to iPhone and changing the music set to the call is no more difficult than downloading a video to iPhone. But before proceeding with the manipulations described below, you should take several measures to prepare the cut melody or song. otherwise, faced with a problem at one of the following stages, the user may lose his music, and he will have to start all over again.
An iPhone owner who decides to download and install a new sound on his phone is strongly advised to:
- Open the folder with the ringtone, then go to the “View” tab.
- And check the box “Show file name extensions”.
- If the format of the cut melody or song differs from M4R. right-click on the file.
- And select the “Rename” option in the context menu.
Tip: it doesn’t hurt to copy the “work” ringtones that the user wants to add to the iPhone and set as a call to a separate folder. then the originals of the music will remain intact in any subsequent actions.
To download a ringtone to the iPhone memory and set it as a call sound, you do not need to create an Apple ID or register the device in any database; Listed below are some simple and quick ways that are equally suitable for all users.
How to set ringtone on iPhone?
The owner of Apple’s technology, who has already figured out how to take a screenshot on the iPhone and put his favorite wallpaper on the screen, can easily cope with other tasks facing him: download music to the device and even make a ringtone out of it. But this is not enough: the received melody must be loaded into the iPhone memory. How to upload and install a ringtone on an iPhone. let’s try to figure it out.
How to put music on a call on an iPhone?
The owner of the iPhone can easily set the ringtone loaded in the device’s memory as a ringtone or text message. In the first case, in addition, you can choose whether the cut song will sound for all incoming, or set special signals for the “favorites”.
To a general call
To set a general ringtone on iPhone, you should:
- Open “Settings” iPhone and go down on the main page.
- Tap on the line “Ringtone” and select your own ringtone in the built-in manager.
Similar actions can be performed for Messages and other available parameters; to return everything back, just go to “Sounds” again and set the default ringtone.
The second way to add ringtone to iPhone is to use the cloud services of iCloud. The phone owner will need:
- Install the iCloud client for a computer and log in to the system.
- And copy the chopped song or melody into it.
Immediately after the next synchronization, the music that is planned to be installed instead of the system sounds will appear on the device. the main thing is not to forget to allow the exchange of data with the cloud storage on the iPhone.
Apple’s proprietary application helps not only download a ringtone, purchase a movie or organize a collection of media files, but also understand why the iPhone does not turn on. But it is necessary to act as soon as difficulties arise; the owner of the phone, who wants to copy the cut song or melody to the device’s memory, will need:
- Launch iTunes and log in to the program using your account details.
- And drag your ringtone into the program window.
- Then make sure that the music has been successfully transferred to the “Media Library”.
- If the first method did not work. call the drop-down menu “File”, select the item “Add file” in it.
- Specify the path to the ringtone for iPhone and click on the “Open” button.
- Connect your iPhone to iTunes and sync data. as a result, the ringtone will be on the device in a few seconds. If iTunes does not see the iPhone, you should try to connect your PC and phone via Wi-Fi, or expand the Help menu and select the Run Diagnostics option.
How to set ANY Song as iPhone Ringtone (Free and No Computer)!
- And start testing connectivity and synchronization in a new window. as a rule, these measures are enough to identify the problem and drop the ringtone on the iPhone.
Tip: you can remove a ringtone from the iTunes Library by right-clicking on the ringtone and selecting the appropriate option in the context menu.
To a specific contact
To set a ringtone to a specific contact saved in the iPhone’s memory, you need:
- Open the phone book, go to the desired subscriber and tap on the inscription “Edit” in the upper right corner.
- And select the previously loaded melody, then click on the “Finish” button.
Tip: to return the call to the default, the user will have to repeat all the steps in the same order. or, if the contact card does not contain too much information, delete it and recreate it.
Trimming a track
To trim a song on your laptop, you need to right-click on it (in iTunes 12.7 or later) and select the Song Info (or Info) tab, then go to the Options tab “.
Next, you need to designate the place that you want to use in the song as a ringtone. Just put a check next to the “Start” and “Stop” fields and enter the time you need.
Note! It’s better to listen to the song right away and record the moment you want to cut, otherwise you will have to repeat this action many times to select the right time.
When the song is trimmed, you should click on it and open the “File” tab at the top of the screen.
Next, select the actions “Convert”, and then. “Create AAC Version” (in older versions of iTunes, click “File”, followed by “Create New Version” and “Create AAC Version”).
The iTunes application should duplicate the track, pay attention to the file that is shorter and takes up less memory. this is your file for the ringtone.
Changing the file type
Select the short duplicate song, then right-click and choose Show in Finder. The duplicate can have the number “1” at the end of the name and the file extension.m4a.
To use it as a ringtone, we need to convert the file type. Click on the desired file once to select it and then again to edit the file name from.m4a to.m4r. The Finder will ask you if you want to use the new file type. Select “Use.m4r” to confirm. Until you close the Finder application, we will use it after.
Select a song
Open iTunes 12.7 or later on your laptop. And select from the list a song that will be used as a ringtone.
Sync ringtone to your iPhone (old versions of iTunes)
Go to the iTunes app on your iPhone and click on the little phone icon to the right of the Music, Movies, Tones menu. After that open the Tones tab in the left column.
Then you should click “Sync Tones” and go to “Selected tones”. and then the track you created. Finally, go to the bottom right corner and click “Apply”.
How to set your ringtone / song to ringtone on iPhone
If you are tired of the standard ringtone of your iPhone and you want to diversify your life a little with different musical ringtones, then we will help you with this.
Ringtone is a well-known and at the same time quite simple way to express yourself, showing your creativity in the selection of melodies to personalize your iPhone. Plus, it’s a great way to recognize who’s calling you without using your Apple Watch or having to take your phone out of your. And all that is required for this is to set interesting melodies for the most important contacts.
It’s a pity, but the process of setting your favorite song as a ringtone has become a little more difficult with the launch of the new version of iTunes, when Apple very unexpectedly removed the ringtone tab from the program.
In this tutorial, we will explain how to turn any song from your iTunes music library into a ringtone and download it to your iPhone using iTunes 12.7 or later. Please note that you need a laptop and iTunes 12.7 or later installed.
To provide professional assistance in troubleshooting any system problems with your iPhone, you can contact the iLab service center.
Copy the ringtone to your iPhone (iTunes 12.7 and later)
To proceed with the installation of the song, you need to upload your ringtone file from the folder to the Finder on your smartphone. For this you need to use iTunes and data wire.
To saddle it connect your iPhone to your Mac, then click the device icon in the left menu. You will see a small bell icon labeled “Tones”. it is the sixth from the bottom, and then click it and drag the ringtone file from the Finder window to this screen.
Setting a new ringtone
All you need to do is go to Settings on your iPhone and then to the Sounds tab.
Now you need to select the tab where you want to change the sound of the incoming call. Opening one of the tabs, select the desired melody (follow the names carefully) and listen to the result, and then press the “Finish” button.
Congratulations, you can now use the new ringtone for your iPhone.