How to stick protective glass on Samsung
Screen protectors for Samsung Galaxy A51 (A515)
The new Samsung Galaxy A51 smartphone promises to be one of the best-selling smartphones in 2020. The manufacturer did not disappoint fans of the line, offering a stylish design and a number of other improvements that make the phone look like flagship models. Wide display. almost the entire bezel is one large screen. In order for a gadget to remain attractive for a long time, it is necessary to protect it from accidental damage. For this, many special devices have been developed.
Glass for Samsung Galaxy A51: fashion accessory or necessity?
The preservation of the original display module is a sore point for most users. Devices fall, are subject to impacts, you can accidentally drip coffee or juice on them.
The glass on the Samsung Galaxy A51 screen improves moisture and shock resistance. The transparent cover will prevent the appearance of chips, scratches, and fingerprints. Even if dropped from a height on a solid crawler, it breaks, and the phone remains intact. High-quality coating does not affect brightness and color rendition.
- Unframed (2D). Has no edging, glued over the entire area. Thickness and transparency depend on cost and grade.
- With colored piping. Covers the entire block, prevents chipping and corner defects.
- 3D (fullscreen). It repeats the shape of the body, has rounding around the perimeter. 3D glass for Samsung Galaxy A51 (A515) is made with frames and is glued not over the entire area, but only along the edge. Unlike standard flat models, no air gaps are left.
- 5D, 6D, 7D. Full-surface bonding. Fits all over without air bubbles or bubbles. The products are expensive, but they do not distort the picture and provide a high degree of protection for the display.
Benefits of using
- Smartphone retains full pressure sensitivity.
- Water-repellent coating on the surface prevents smudging, dripping of fingerprints. the device always looks like new.
- The risk of damage to the gadget in case of accidental impacts, falls is significantly reduced.
How to stick it correctly
For Samsung A51, the glass can be glued by yourself. This requires accuracy and interest in a positive result.
- wipe the table with a damp cloth, carefully remove all dust particles, villi, and other small debris that causes bubbles;
- the front panel of the device is cleaned, degreased with special napkins;
- wipe dry with microfiber;
- try on glass, check for the presence and coincidence of holes;
- remove the film;
- Apply a pad and press firmly. Due to the glue, it is quickly fixed. If air bubbles form, smooth from the center to the edges.
Which glass to choose
Pay attention to the price. Quality glass Samsung A51 cannot be cheap. In expensive options, modern materials are used, a reliable oleophobic composition. You can compare the processing quality of products of different price categories using a conventional marker. On a good oleophobic layer, the marks will be easily erased with a regular napkin.
A reliable product must also have reinforcement. When broken, it does not form sharp-edged fragments and does not crumble. the risk for the original module is reduced.
How to choose a protective glass for your phone
The choice of protective glasses at the present time is huge. just a desire is enough, and you can choose such an accessory for any color, taste and wallet. However, a large selection raises the question. how to choose a high-quality protective glass for your phone? What parameters should you look at? What are the criteria to navigate and make a choice? Is the price a fundamental factor when choosing a safety glass? Let’s try to figure it out.
What does the protective glass for the phone consist of??
First of all, for further choice, we need to understand at least in general terms. what is a protective glass for a phone and how it is made. Despite the name, protective glass is a multilayer material consisting of at least 5 layers:
- silicone base (base). designed to fix the glass on the screen and maximally fit to the surface. It is she who makes it so easy to install the protective glass on the screen, and then remove it without a trace. Protected by shipping film;
- thin film with applied optically clear glue. designed to prevent glass from spilling in case of damage;
- Tempered glass is the most important and durable part of the composite, providing direct protection for the smartphone screen. Undergoes a special physical and chemical treatment (hardening);
- anti-reflective coating. eliminates glare that is formed when the light flux passes through the protective glass;
- oleophobic coating. a special layer applied to the glass that repels grease and moisture.
In addition, the edges of the glass must be rounded using 2.5D technology. It is this rounding of the ends of the protective glass that allows you to use it safely and comfortably.
How To Put Tempered Glass Screen Protector
How to choose a protective glass for your smartphone?
Now that we have got acquainted with the technology of creating protective glasses and the principles of protection that they provide, we will formulate the basic parameters by which this glass should be chosen.
- Protective glass made for a specific smartphone model.
Unlike universal protective films, designed for in-place undercut for each model, the glass cannot be adjusted in this way. Accordingly, it should initially be of the appropriate size, and the cuts and slots should match their places on the phone.
- The protective glass must be of sufficient thickness.
The range of permissible glass thickness without loss of protective characteristics varies from 0.26 mm to 0.33 mm. A thinner thickness will not be able to provide sufficient impact strength, and a large one will be excessive and the smartphone will lose its appearance.
- The protective glass must be of sufficient strength.
The basic hardness of protective glass is 9H. Small deviations are allowed, but within normal limits. On the one hand, such an indicator preserves the flexibility of the glass, which improves the damping of frontal impacts. And at the same time, there is sufficient strength to withstand blows to the butt.
- No unnecessary inclusions in the glass structure (particles, air bubbles, etc.).
Since the protective glass for a smartphone is a composite material, during production it is possible that excess solid fractions. dust, sand and other things. get into the material. They should not be in high-quality protective glass. Also, when casting glass and combining layers, air bubbles may form in the glass structure itself. this is also considered a defect and is not allowed.
By following these four basic rules, you will get a quality screen protector for your smartphone. In addition, you can choose according to additional characteristics, each of which will give you certain additional advantages.
What other protective glasses are there?
- Availability of UV protection
Some manufacturers in the production of glass install an additional layer in the composite, which, according to assurances, should reduce eye strain when working with the phone. As a result, the glass (and the image on the screen) becomes bluish.
Protective glass for a smartphone is initially designed in such a way that:
- take over. scratches, scuffs, sharp objects, sand, etc.
- in the case of a weak impact, simply dissipate its energy along its plane;
- in case of a serious blow. “die” yourself, but save the screen.
With a critical impact force, the protective glass is destroyed and part of the impact energy is transferred to the screen. But at the same time, its intensity will already be so reduced and diffused that the strength of the screen glass will be enough to carry it without damaging the display. Thus, the protective glass acts as a kind of protective “buffer” for the main glass of the smartphone.
Many people are mistaken in thinking that protective glass is some kind of special type of protection, the essence of which always remains intact upon impact. If the glass were designed in this way, the screen would crack instead and there would simply be no logic in its existence.
How to qualitatively re-glue the protective glass on the phone again yourself
How reliable is the protection of the smartphone when the protective glass is installed for the first time. just as it will become dangerous if it is damaged. If your screen protector has already fulfilled its function and prevented impact or scratching of the display, having received significant damage, it needs to be replaced. After you have completed the installation of the protection yourself for the first time, it will not be so difficult to re-glue the protective glass on your phone. Just follow all the instructions as you did when installing the protection for the first time, following the steps exactly.
Is it possible to re-stick the protective glass on a smartphone?
The answer to this question will depend on the quality of the product, as well as its characteristics and properties. Re-sticking the glass if it comes off or does not stick in certain places is not only possible, but even necessary. In this case, two problems can be distinguished that will require different actions.
The first problem. it was not possible to fix it the first time exactly and it is required to re-stick the protective glass exactly along the contour of the smartphone. This problem can be solved quite simply, you just need to follow the detailed instructions below in the article. And you can also study the visual instruction in the video, which will avoid most of the problems.
Glycerin can be an alternative to the liquid for gluing on the edge of the protective glass. It is easy enough to apply the glycerin with a brush to the edges of the already fixed glass and run with a napkin, removing the excess to ensure fixation. Apply liquid to fill all voids and grooves between glass and display.
You can remove dust, debris or lint that got on the display before installing the protective glass using adhesive tape. Cut off a thin strip, stick it on a speck and lift sharply over the edge. the procedure will not only get rid of debris and prevent the formation of air bubbles, but also leave no traces.
If you re-glue the protective glass, it can be removed and glued back in a few seconds. Remember that even a slight skew or the edge of the glass protruding by a fraction of a millimeter above the body of the smartphone can damage it and significantly reduce the level of protection.
Using your own experience and following our advice, you can re-glue the glass, replace and protect your phone with minimal effort. Share tips and results of your own experiments in the comments to the article, indicating the model of the gadget and the protection used.
How to re-glue the protective glass on the phone: instructions
Please note that re-bonding the glass will be slightly more difficult than using a screen protector. First of all, it is not recommended to lift this type of product only partially. It will be necessary to completely remove the glass, and after that install it a second time exactly along the contour of the smartphone.
If you have already removed the protective glass, do not turn it over. The adhesive side should be down to prevent debris or dust from entering. Even a small particle of dust can cause problems with the sensor, damage the touchscreen or simply leave an air bubble.
The steps for gluing glass a second time can be divided into several stages:
- Remove the cover, if present, and then remove the protection itself using a plastic spatula or card. For removal, you can use a silicone suction cup, which will allow you to conveniently remove the old glass if you simultaneously lift it with a plastic card.
- We clean the display if dust gets on it. Use an alcohol-free lint-free cloth for cleaning. After degreasing and cleaning, you will need to wipe the display before applying the glass using a dry microfiber cloth.
- Having installed the glass at a height of 2-3 centimeters and aligning it with the smartphone. lower the protection onto the display. For the sticker, you just need to lightly press the glass in the center so that it adheres to the display on its own.
The main problems when gluing protective glasses
The first and main problem, if you need to re-glue the old protective glass of the phone, will be its removal. The complexity of the procedure lies in the need to carefully lift the protective glass, separating it from the display. In addition to glue, the screen will hold due to static attraction and tight fit.
Remove old glass carefully, without leaving small fragments. When pushing a plastic card, it will need to be stopped, if even a small fragment gets under an angle. this is a threat of damage to the touchscreen.
An equally difficult problem is the presence of an adhesive base. A significant part of protective glasses use a special glue, which is able to securely hold the entire structure at the first sticker, but with each new removal, the duration and effectiveness of holding decreases.
As you can see, plywood of protective glass does not require skills or skills, and tools can be easily replaced with improvised items. Install all types of protective screens directly in your home, carefully prepare the place of work, get rid of dust and study the instructions and our recommendations.
How to stick a protective glass on a smartphone
A detailed guide for those who want to make their device virtually invulnerable.
What are the pros and cons of protective glass
The protective glass is several times harder than the most durable film, and therefore saves the device not only from scratches. As the manufacturers say, it can even withstand a hammer blow. We do not recommend conducting such experiments. But we can say: if you fall, most likely, it is the glued glass that will break, and not the screen of the device.
At the same time, such protection does not affect the sensitivity of the sensor and the brightness of the image.
However, glass is more expensive than film. And you can pick it up only for relatively popular models of smartphones and tablets.
Prepare your tools
In addition to the device and protective glass, you will need:
- LCD cleaner, antistatic agent, or regular alcohol.
- Microfiber cloth.
- Stationery tape.
- Plastic card or scraper.
Try on and align the safety glass
Make sure that all holes and cutouts are perfectly aligned. This is done like this:
- Apply the protection to the smartphone with the correct side.
- Try on so that all gaps along the contour are the same.
- Stick two or three strips of tape 3-4 centimeters long on the glass at one of the side edges.
- Attach the loose ends of the adhesive tape to the back of your smartphone.
- It should look like a drop-down book.
Prepare the room
If dust gets under the glass, you have to live with bubbles on the gadget screen or try to remove them. To avoid this, do a wet cleaning in the room, or at least ventilate the room, with a clean cloth, preferably with detergent, wipe the table where you are going to glue the protection, wash your hands.
Another option: to carry out all the manipulations in the bathroom. In this case, the procedure is as follows:
- Turn on hot water for a few minutes, or better take a shower.
- The resulting steam will bind all the dust, it will settle to the floor, and the room will become almost sterile.
- Lay on a towel and sprinkle it with water from a spray bottle to be sure.
Degrease the screen surface
This will remove dirt and streaks that can ruin the entire result. Proceed like this:
- Use the supplied wet wipe, or sprinkle the screen with display cleaner, antistatic agent, or alcohol.
- Wipe thoroughly to remove residual glue from the old film and other possible contamination.
- Use a microfiber cloth to wipe the screen dry.