How to sync your phone with your LG TV
How to control LG TV from smartphone
Modern LG Smart TVs are highly functional devices with many options, with which you can not only watch TV content, but also use all the multimedia capabilities of the Internet. In addition, LG TVs are renowned for their reliability and ease of use.
All new LG TVs (manufactured after 2017) are supplied with two remote controls at once: standard and LG Magic Remote (what is it and how to set up such a remote control, you can read here. With it, you can not only control the Smart functions of your LG TV, but also other devices connected to the TV, such as a soundbar or stereo system, Blu-ray player, home theater or set-top box.
Another convenient way to control your LG TV that manufacturers offer is to do it from your smartphone, essentially turning it into a remote control. What is especially convenient, you can do this if you have a smartphone from any manufacturer that runs on both the Android and iOS operating systems.
How to turn your smartphone into a TV remote control Lg Smart TV: step-by-step instruction
- First of all, you need to download one of the special applications to your smartphone. LGTVPlus from Google Play (link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?ID=com.LGe.app1hl=ko) or App Store (link https://apps.Apple.com/ru/app/ LG-TV-plus / id838611484). Or LG TV Remote Google Play (link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?ID=roid.spikesroid.TV_remote_for_LGhl=ru). AppStore (https://apps.Apple.com/ru/app/LGeemote-control-LG-TV/id896842572)
- Make sure your LG Smart TV and your smartphone are connected to the same wireless network. The TV can be connected both via Wi-Fi and wired using a LAN cable.
Note: Another easy and convenient way to connect your smartphone to your LG TV is using Wi-Fi Direct technology. How to connect a smartphone to a TV using this function, read here.
- Open the downloaded and installed application on your smartphone. Go to the Device Scan section in the lower left corner of your smartphone screen.
- In the list that opens, select your LG TV to which you want to connect your smartphone. Confirm Action.
- A six-digit verification code should appear on your TV screen (in the lower right corner!), And a field for entering this code should appear on the smartphone display. Fill it in, then confirm the action with the OK button.
- Accept the Terms of Service, which will appear on the screen, after which your smartphone and TV will pair.
Problems that may arise when synchronizing devices:
Usually, there is no problem connecting your phone to your LG TV. But even if you encounter problems, in the vast majority of cases, fixing them will not be difficult and will not take much time.
- Situation: The phone does not see your TV in the list of possible devices for synchronization.
Solution: Make sure both devices are connected to the same network again.
- Situation: The code is not displayed on the TV screen.
- Solution: Disconnect your smartphone and TV from the Internet, and after a few seconds reconnect and repeat the synchronization step by step.
How to control a TV from a smartphone
After you set up the application on your smartphone and synchronize it with the TV, you can use your smartphone as a full-fledged remote control.
Pay attention to the cursor mode: to navigate the TV menu, you just need to move the cursor on the smartphone screen, and it will move on the TV screen.
On the right side of the smartphone screen there is a virtual video for up and down navigation.
At the bottom of the screen there are buttons for adjusting the volume (decreasing and adding sound), as well as the “Back” button and the button for moving icons.
There is also a game joystick button on the screen with the cursor. When you click on it, you will be taken to a mode in which a game joystick is available to the user, which is very convenient for controlling in games.
The main window contains buttons for channel control and volume control, as well as hot keys, with which you can access the most necessary functions of your LG TV:
- Smart TV launch.
- List of applications.
- 3D activation (depending on TV model, this option may not be available).
- Digital panel for TV channel navigation.
- Selecting a signal source.
If you swipe the smartphone screen to the left, an additional menu will open, which contains three icons: Premium (applications from the corresponding section), My applications and SmartShare, with which you can connect different devices to your TV, as well as manage content.
HDMI cable connection
In principle, the whole process of connecting devices to each other is similar to synchronization via USB, but there are still some differences. First of all, you need to make sure that your TV and smartphone have HDMI and mini-HDMI ports, respectively. Now you need to choose a good HDMI cable for your TV, which you need to connect to the connectors described above. If such a cord is already available, then the task is even more simplified. After these manipulations, it is necessary to turn on the HDMI mode on the TV (if there are several such inputs, then you need to select the one to which the connection was made), a window will appear on the phone about permission to switch the device to external storage mode, which must be confirmed.
The main advantage over other methods of synchronization, HDMI provides the maximum quality of the image and audio stream, and also provides high speed multimedia data transfer. Before connecting your phone to the TV via HDMI cable, you must take into account the lack of charge. For this reason, you will have to additionally throw up the charger.
Advice! If your phone does not have a special output for such a connection, then you can use an adapter from mini-USB to mini-HDMI, the transmission quality will not change from this.
We connect the TV to the phone (tablet) directly using Wi-Fi Direct technology
If you do not yet have an access point (router) at home, but you have already acquired a modern TV with Smart TV function and want to connect your smartphone or tablet to it, then you can use Wi-Fi Direct technology, which allows you to connect devices directly.
In this article I will try to write in detail about how to establish connections between two devices using the “Direct” technology. I will show on the example of an NTS smartphone on Android OS and an LG TV (32LN575U).
If we talk about why they should be connected, then there are several options. For example, to control a TV from your phone using LG’s proprietary technology called TV Remote. I already wrote about this technology and how to set everything up https://f1comp.ru/televizory-Smart-TV/upravlenie-televizorom-LG-s-pomoshhyu-smartfona-ios-ili-Android-nastrojka-LG- TV-remote /. Or to transfer media content from a smartphone to a TV, using DLNA technology (I will write about this later).
How To CAST Android Phone to LG TV using SCREEN SHARE
- Smartphone or tablet with Wi-Fi Direct support. You can look in the settings, where the management of Wi-Fi networks, etc.
- Wi-Fi Direct TV. You can find out about this in the specifications, call the manufacturer’s support, or look in the settings.
The most modern and popular way of wired connection is via HDMI cable and corresponding ports. This option is suitable for phones on the Android or iOS operating system. The TV must have an HDMI connector. The cable or adapter will have to be purchased separately. it is usually not included in the package.
Such a connection can be used to mirror the signal from the smartphone screen. broadcast movies and TV series, visit Internet sites, play installed applications.
Everything that happens on the display of a mobile device is also played on TV synchronously, without delays.
Connection is made in a specific order.
- Find or purchase a compatible cable. For a smartphone, this may be an option for different types of connectors. Make sure your phone supports this option.
- Connect the HDMI cable between the TV port and the mobile device. When using the adapter, first connect the smartphone to it, and then the cable from the TV.
- Select HDMI on the TV via the Source menu. If there are several connectors, in the menu you need to designate the one that is used for pairing.
- Wait for the image to appear. If you cannot get the picture, you need to enter the smartphone settings. Find image options here, set a different screen resolution.
The easiest way to connect is on smartphones that already have a mini HDMI connector for direct connection. This element can be found in premium brands. Budget devices have to be connected via an adapter. To search and surf the Web, you can connect a wireless keyboard or mouse to your smartphone. Turning off the backlight on the phone screen will help save battery.
With HDMI connection, the device quickly loses energy, it is recommended to additionally connect it to a power source.
Wireless connection methods
You can connect your phone to a TV using a wireless connection in several ways, depending on the brand, model, technical capabilities of the equipment.
The smartphone can be synchronized with the TV via a common home network. just connect both devices to it and then link them together.
However, there are other ways that you can pair devices and duplicate data.
To connect, you need a TV with a Wi-Fi module and an Android smartphone. You can bind devices without a router and a wired connection. TV acts as an access point for a cell phone. With this connection, you can set up sending media files from the smartphone menu to the screen of another device. Pairing is pretty simple.
This is not the most multimedia-rich option, but rather easy to implement.
The AirPlay protocol is a proprietary development of the apple company and provides the ability to directly connect a smartphone to a TV. To do this, you need to go to the appropriate settings, then select the appropriate device in the list and synchronize.
It should be noted that not all TVs from the Korean company can boast of the presence of a module for wireless connection. Such devices are available only in Smart models. They allow you to access the global network without pre-connecting a cable or any other equipment. That is why Wi-Fi connection is considered the most comfortable and practical way.
Before you can fully synchronize the Apple smartphone and the TV, you need to install a special application. LG has developed an app to solve this problem called Smart Share.
For a smartphone, you will also need to install a special program. There are a huge number of them today, and the most popular and easy to use is the Twonky Beam.
To configure and connect, you need to adhere to the following recommendations.
- Open the program and check the box in the menu, this allows you to display the image on the screen.
- Select the media file you want to play on the screen, and then find the available devices in the list. Here you need to select the TV to which you want to display images and videos.
- To start playback, click on “Bearning”.
This method of air connection is not the only one. Recently, the iMediaShare application has been popular, in which synchronization is carried out practically on the same principle. The only difference is that the user will need to enter the password for the wireless network. The Korean company makes some TVs that are equipped with Wi-Fi Direct. A distinctive feature of the function is that it makes it possible to connect without using a router. However, to use, you must first configure the system in the “Network” section. There you can select the iPhone, after which both devices are immediately synchronized.
One of the most popular and fastest growing technologies in the world today is Google Chromecast, which is also used to wirelessly connect iPhones. The main feature of the device is that it should be inserted into the HDMI connector, after which it acts as a router. Usually, users resort to using such a module in cases where their TV is not equipped with a Wi-Fi module.
By far the most reliable way to connect an iPhone to an LG TV is wired. It provides a stable connection that does not drop and is characterized by high speed.
This method of synchronization is one of the simplest and most accessible for most users. The main advantage of the method is that immediately after connection, the smartphone can be charged, which is extremely convenient. In addition, this interface is present in almost any modern technology. However, there are also some disadvantages of such a connection. After syncing, the iPhone screen will no longer be able to play any files, as the smartphone will be used as a storage device.
The connection cable will need to be selected depending on which smartphone model is used.
You can also connect an American smartphone to a Korean TV using the digital HDMI interface. It should be noted that mobile phones, including iPhones, are usually not equipped with such connectors, so a special adapter will need to be used. Today on the market there are a huge number of such adapters, which greatly simplify the connection process. When choosing a cable, it is imperative to take into account the smartphone model, since it is of decisive importance in this matter.
One of the advantages of HDMI connection is that all parameters are automatically adjusted.
If an error pops up, then it will be necessary to carry out some program manipulations in order to achieve a positive result. First of all, you need to make sure that the appropriate interface is activated on the TV. In addition, you will need to select it as the main source for the signal. Only then will the image appear on the big screen. Thus, connecting via HDMI requires minimal manipulation, which makes this method one of the most optimal.
How To Mirror Your iPhone to a LG TV
You can also connect an iPhone to an LG TV using an analog cable, also referred to as AV or tulip. Usually, this method is resorted to in cases where the TV model is outdated, and there are no modern interfaces in it. The use of adapters and an analog cable makes it possible to carry out synchronization. The main disadvantage is that the output image cannot boast of high quality, since the analog cable does not allow viewing media files in modern formats.
Several types of cables can be used for connection.
- Composite, the distinctive feature of which is the presence of 3 plugs and one USB output. This cable can be used by owners of iPhone 4s and earlier models of the company.
- Component, which in its appearance is quite similar to the first option. A distinctive feature in the presence of additional plugs, which are needed in order to broadcast the image with maximum quality.
- VGA. used to sync TV and modern iPhones.
When you pair your smartphone with a TV, the devices may not work properly. For example, when connecting through a tulip, the sound may be completely absent. But connections via USB and HDMI are devoid of such a drawback.
Budget Chinese TVs sometimes have defective ports through which, in general, it is impossible to make an external connection.
Questions about what can be done if the smartphone does not see the phone as a USB device arise quite often. First you need to make sure that the cable is working properly, correctly inserted into the ports. In addition, the reason may be that the TV does not support the file formats available on the phone. The compatible versions can be checked in the documentation for the technique. Sometimes on the TV you need to turn off the MTP mode and replace it with PTP or USB device.
The Wi-Fi signal used with a wireless connection requires a shared network between the two devices. If they are connected to different SSIDs, pairing will fail. Miracast can be used only for Full HD format, it will not work for UHD TVs.
See six ways on how to connect your smartphone to your TV in the video below.