How To Take Screenshot On Pc
How to take a custom screenshot on a computer
Hello dear readers and blog guests! In this post, we will analyze how to take a screenshot from the computer screen.
A screenshot, aka a snapshot, can be taken with the built-in Windows tool, but unfortunately, the built-in tools for screenshots do not always meet user requirements.
Therefore, we will be using the free Lightshot app. Let’s take a look at how to download and configure this small but very handy screenshot app.
How to take a screenshot on a computer
To download Lightshot, go to the official website //app.prntscr.com/en/index.html and press the button “Download”
Saving the installation file in a convenient place, then start the installation with a mouse click.
Choose a language and press “OK”
There is a trick in the next step, and if you DO NOT Uncheck all the boxes, then extensions from Yandex will be installed on your PC. Uncheck and click “Done”
The program icon in the form of a bird’s feather will appear on the taskbar.
Hover over the icon and right-click to view the program settings and add your own settings if necessary.
For example, you can change the settings for hotkeys to run and save.
To take a screenshot, press PtrScr on the keyboard. The screen dims and a cursor appears labeled “Select area”
To select an area for the shot, hold down the left button and drag the mouse across the screen. When the button is highlighted and released, a snapshot window appears, where you can select an action.
Hover the cursor over any icon, you get a hint. Go through each element and try, then save the finished snapshot to your PC or upload to the Lightshot cloud storage service.
To cancel an action or select a different setting, right-click anywhere to open the context menu.
That’s all for me! Use it yourself and share with your friends on social networks this instruction! before communication!
How to take a screenshot on Windows 7
Before taking a screenshot of the screen on a laptop, see what version of the operating system is installed on the device. If you have Windows 7, then you can resort to the below description of how to create snapshots.
The easiest way to take a screenshot in Windows is by using the Print Screen button. On your keyboard it will be called “Prt Sc” or “PrtScr”.
Clicked on this button, you will NOT see any changes or PC actions. However, a screenshot of your screen is already in the device’s memory. To extract it, you need to open any program you have installed for viewing images (for example, Paint) and insert your photo (box) into it using the “Ctrl V” buttons.
Also, you can create screenshots using the “Scissors” tool.
To do this, click “Start” and type in the search box “Scissors”. The program window will open. You need to click on “Create” and use your mouse to select the desired area of the screen.
With the power of this tool, you can make a screenshot of the entire screen or part of it, while Applying a rectangular area or drawn by hand.
After the performed actions, the window for editing the resulting image will pop up, in which you can, if desired, add a “signature” to your pictures or simply write text on it.
Upon completion of editing, press the button “Save”.
How to take a screenshot on a laptop?
A screenshot of the screen or simply a box is a picture (image) that shows an exact copy of what a person sees on the screen of his monitor, often received by a special program or the operating system of the device on a command given by the user.
Usually, screenshots are taken in the following cases:
- The most common situation in which this process needs to be performed is a user problem with a PC / laptop or a problem with a program. A screenshot of the error helps a person who has contacted specialized forums to explain their situation in more detail, and besides, it takes much longer to describe everything than just showing an image.
- Very often screenshots are necessary for people who write all kinds of instructions and articles for their own and other people’s sites. In this case, the box acts as a visual illustration.
- The desire to show your friends and acquaintances the screensaver of your desktop.
The list ends there, as there are many other situations in which the user needs to perform this operation.
Taking a screenshot in Windows 8
Creating a screenshot on a laptop running Windows 8 is not fundamentally different from taking pictures on previous OS, you can use the tool:
- “Scissors”. to take a screenshot of a specific part of the screen.
- The shortcut keys “Win” “Prt Sc”. to get a full image of the desktop.
The first and most popular and convenient program for screenshots is “Lightshot”, from the creators of the equally popular image hosting prnt.sc.
After downloading and installing the program, it will automatically be added to startup and its icon will appear in your tray.
Now it is permanently ready for “battle”, and to create a screen, you just need to press the “Prt Sc” key, and then by pressing the left mouse button select the required area.
You have highlighted the area of the screen, what to do next?
Let’s take a look at the basic Lightshot settings.
- Cancel screenshot creation.
- Save the picture to your laptop.
- Copy the resulting image for subsequent pasting into the same “Paint”.
- Upload your screenshot to prnt.sc servers and get a short link to it, which you can immediately share with someone.
- Drawing panel, thanks to which, you can make any notes.
That’s it, it’s easy enough to take pictures using the Lightshot program.
Taking a snapshot in Windows 10
Windows 10 offers its users the same two ways to take screenshots.
1. The shortcut keys “Win” “Prt Sc”.
2.Using the Scissors tool.
Open the program and click “Create”.
Use the left mouse button to select the desired screen area.
Save the result by clicking “File”. “Save As”
How to take a screenshot of the screen on a laptop using programs.
On the Internet, you can find a huge number of programs for taking screenshots. Unlike standard Windows tools, they have more powerful functionality and allow you to take not only pictures, but also immediately edit them, and often upload them to the authors’ servers in order to share them with friends and acquaintances.
Now we will consider just a couple of the most popular programs and the features of working with them.
“Snagit” is a powerful enough software package, which allows you not only to take screenshots, but also immediately edit them and even capture from the screen of your laptop, but about everything in order.
After downloading and installing the program, its icon will appear in your tray and this means that when you press the “Prt Sc” key, you can select the area to create a screen.
To take a screenshot. click on the button under the number one, to write in the selected area. number two.
Clicked on the camera icon, you will be taken to the built-in graphics editor, where you can edit your box, and then save it to the location you need.
It is worth noting that there are many more programs for creating screenshots and the most popular today are:
You can use any method whichever is most convenient for you, but if you need to create a lot of good quality screenshots, it is better to use specialized programs.
How to take a screenshot on PC and laptop?
- STANDARD WAY TO CREATE screenshots
- Screenshot software
- SCREEN CAPTURE
Computer users often need to take screenshots (screenshots) of the monitor screen. Regardless of whether we are dealing with a stationary or mobile PC (laptop, netbook), screenshots are created in approximately the same way everywhere. This can be done both using standard Windows tools and using specialized programs.
STANDARD WAY TO CREATE screenshots
On any keyboard (including the built-in laptop / netbook) there is a special key for taking a screenshot, which can be called “Print Screen” or “PrtSc” (the short name is usually used for laptops).
But if you click on it right now, you will NOT see a screenshot. The thing is that it is not saved to the hard disk, but is entered into the RAM, more specifically, into the clipboard. Those. keystroke “Print Screen / PrtSc” tantamount to a combination “CTRL C” or team “copy” from the context menu invoked by right-clicking on the selected text.
To take a screenshot “real”, it must first be placed in any image editor, and then saved as a graphic image, i.e. file. As such an editor, ordinary Paint is quite suitable.
The screenshot creation aLGorithm is as follows:
- First, decide what exactly follows. “take a picture”. the whole screen or any separate window. If the whole screen. just press the key “Print Screen” or “PrtSc”. If you need a screenshot of the window, put it in focus (select with the mouse), press and hold the key “Alt”, and only then press “Print Screen”.
- DO NOT copy anything else to the clipboard (neither file nor text). Launch MS Paint editor from the menu “Start” or press the key combination “Win R”, enter the command in the opened window “mspaint” and press “OK”.
- Paint editor will be launched.
- Now press the keys “CTRL V” or press the button “Clipboard” in the upper left corner of the Paint window and select Paste”.
- The screenshot will be displayed in the editor window (in our case, this is the Mozilla browser window).
- Now it remains to save the snapshot as an image. To do this, press the keys “CTRL S” or open the “File” menu, Expand the submenu in it “Save as”, and then select one of the image saving formats. PNG, JPG or others, Enter the file name and specify the location on the disk to save it.
- The graphic file will be saved in the previously specified location. It can now be opened using any image viewer.
Screen Capture functions
- Three modes of taking screenshots: the entire screen, the selected area or the active window (in addition, you can configure the program to take a snapshot only of the inner area of the active window, i.e. without external frames).
- The ability to edit screenshots immediately after creation. From the tools provided here: a brush for drawing, an eraser, overlay of graphic objects. arrows and geometric shapes (oval, rectangle), text overlay.
- Copying a screenshot to the clipboard immediately after shooting / editing, as well as 2 options for quick saving. on the desktop or in a specified folder.
- The ability to automatically upload a snapshot to the server “Screencapture.ru” with the creation of a link for its viewing by everyone to whom it will be transferred. It is possible to write a comment to the uploaded image. The program also keeps a local (on the computer) log of screenshots uploaded to the server.
- Quick setting of the quality of the resulting images (images are saved in JPG format).
- Reconfiguring hotkeys for program control.
Screen Capture is a good analogue of Lightshot with identical functionality. The application works in Windows XP / 7/8/10 (32/64 bit) systems, the interface is translated into Russian, and is distributed free of charge.
- Three modes of taking snapshots: a screenshot of the whole or a selected area of the screen, as well as a quick snapshot, which automatically sends the image to the Joxi server.
- Ability to upload pictures to FTP / SFTP servers and / or Dropbox cloud storage (this function is available only in the paid version of the program). There is also a limitation on the volume (no more than 1024 MB) and duration (90 days) of stored images on the Joxi server itself.
- Built-in editor with tools for drawing (pencil and marker), overlaying graphics (rectangles, ellipses, numbering stamps and text) and filters (blur and shading of the area).
- Quick preparation of images for publication on social networks.. Odnoklassniki, as well as sending them by e-mail.
- Controlling the program using hotkeys (including sending ready-made screenshots to the selected server, to a social network, etc.).
The functionality of this program is roughly comparable to ScreenShooter. Lightshot also works on Windows XP and above (32/64 bit), supports Russian and is free to use.
- Creating screenshots of the whole screen or a selected area (the program does NOT take pictures of the windows separately).
- Quickly save screenshots (whole) on disk to a specified folder.
- The ability to send screenshots to our own server prntscr.com with subsequent automatic generation of a link to images that can be sent to a second person for viewing (link is valid for a limited time).
- The ability to post screenshots on social networks. or .
- Sending screenshots for printing.
- Search for visually similar images in the Google search engine.
- The presence of a built-in image editor, which contains the tools. Pencil, Line Marker Arrow, Rectangle and Text.
- Saving screenshots in PNG or JPG format with image quality setting.
- Controlled by customizable hotkeys.
How to take a screenshot with Joxi?
- By default, to take a screenshot in Joxi, the keyboard shortcuts are used “Ctrl Shift Print Screen” (full screenshot), “Ctrl Print Screen” (screen area) and “Shift Print Screen” (quick shot). Using one of the first two keyboard shortcuts will automatically display the editing tools for the created snapshot.
- Upon completion of editing (or immediately), you can name it by the button with a checkmark. in this case, the image will be uploaded to your personal account on the Joxi server. Or (in the same place) you can call additional options for actions on the screenshot.
- The successful upload of the screenshot to the server will be reported in a pop-up window in the lower right corner of the computer screen.
- It will launch the function of creating a screenshot, as well as view the history of their creation and enter the program settings by right-clicking on the Joxi icon in the tray.
- The history of snapshots is displayed in the browser after entering the login and password from the personal account on the Joxi website.
- In the program settings, you can see the remaining free allocated disk space on the Joxi service.
- Adjust image quality and enable / disable additional features.
- And also configure hotkeys.
To remove restrictions on the volume and duration of screenshots storage on the Joxi server, you need to subscribe, the cost of which at the time of writing the review was 399 rubles. in year.
In the purpose of this program, its name speaks for itself. ScreenShooter supports Russian language, works in Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10 (32/64 bit), distributed completely free.
How to take a screenshot on iPhone?
When an iPhone user wants to share his achievements in games with friends on a social network, he takes a screenshot. You can capture content by simultaneously pressing the Home buttons in the center below the screen and the Power buttons on the top edge of the case. When the sound of the camera shutter appears, it means the photo was taken and saved in png format in the photo application.
It is worth paying attention to the following:
- It is not necessary to hold the buttons pressed for too long, so that the gadget does not restart.
- When creating a picture, one should take into account that the entire screen is being photographed, so to crop a part of the image, it is better to use the built-in photo editor or an application created for this.
You can capture a photo on iPhone using Assistive Touch:
- Go through the “settings. basic. universal access” path. In the block “Physiology and motor skills” there is a function “Assistive Touch”.
- Activate the switch, as a result of which a transparent round button appears on the screen. Click on it.
- Select in the appeared window “Apparatus”, then. “”.
- Click “Screenshot”. Everything, the box is ready.
How to take screenshots?
People who do not have much experience in using gadgets, the question arises of how to take a screenshot. There is an easy way to do this using the PrtScr (PrintScreen) key. You need to press it, and a screenshot of the entire screen will be instantly created. It is placed on the clipboard, from where it can be pasted into the desired text or sent to second users.
Sometimes it becomes necessary to edit the resulting image, cut off unnecessary information. For this, there are special programs, which are recommended to use before sending photos. Snapshot programs have functions for adding lines, labels, arrows. You can use them if you need to highlight something important on the screen.
What is a screenshot and how to take it?
Speaking of what a screenshot is, it is worth mentioning that the word “screenshot” in English means a screenshot. Every day a modern person sees many screens in front of him: a computer, a smartphone, a TV. A snapshot is what happens on the screen at a particular moment.
How to take a screenshot on a PC?
To take a screenshot on a Windows computer, use the Alt PrtScr keyboard shortcut. Combining them gives the same effect as PrintScreen. In the latest versions of Windows there is a standard program “Scissors”, with which it is also easy and simple to create screenshots.
Screenshot. what is it?
What is a screenshot. it is a snapshot of the gadget seen on the screen. The snapshot does not necessarily contain the entire screen, it is possible that this is only a part of it, Highlighted during capture. A snapshot is needed in two cases:
- The user encountered any problem, error in the computer. He does not know what to do, but he can send a picture of the screen to a more enlightened second or to a specialist, ask for help on the forum by attaching an image. Looking at it, experienced users will determine what is the reason for the error, because it is known that it is better to see once than hear a hundred times.
- In the second case, a screenshot from the monitor screen is required when writing manuals for working in applications, programs, operating systems. Making the interface description only text is difficult, so it’s better to refer to the picture.
How to take a screenshot on Android?
Modern smartphones are practically the same as computers. They work on operating systems, they also have the ability to take a screenshot of the screen. For this purpose, special key combinations are used, which differ in different models and types of phones. This kind of manipulation can be done using built-in capabilities and third-party programs.
You can take a screenshot of the device page by default by simultaneously pressing the power button and the lower volume half (“Power” and “Volume Down”). I pressed the keys, you have to hold them for 2-3 seconds, until you hear the sound of the camera shutter. It will mean that the picture is ready and saved in the internal memory of the smartphone. This method of creating snapshots works on all phones, provided the Android version is not too old. But many manufacturers prefer to develop their own methods, which differ depending on the model and brand of the gadget.
Where screenshots are stored?
The place where screenshots are saved on the computer is called the clipboard. Basically, this is RAM. When the Ctrl C keys are combined, the text is sent to the clipboard, after which it can be pasted anywhere with the Ctrl V keys or the “Paste” command. The process happens in the same way when you press PrintScreen. The Windows system creates an image and saves it to the clipboard. There is a Paint program to save screenshots. It builds into the operating system. Located in the Start menu. all programs, or launched by pressing the Windows R keys.
There are many add-on applications for laptops and computers to create instant monitor images. For example, Snagit, Screen Capture, PicPick and others are a program for screenshots from the screen. They are comfortable, functional, in a clear interface. They are intended not only for taking pictures, but also for saving and editing them. Screenshot software allows you to create snapshots of both the entire part of the monitor and its part.