How to take screenshots on iPhone 5
- Open “Settings”.
- Go to the “Control Center”, and in it to “Customize controls”.
- Go to the section about “Screen Recording” and activate it.
- Now the video recording icon from the display will be available at the bottom with other icons.
- After pressing, a three-second countdown will occur, after which recording will begin.
As you can see, in fact, everything is very simple. In most cases, you can simply use the built-in functionality of the iPhone, but for a larger set of capabilities you will have to download special add-ons.
Screenshot on older iPhones
As with other mobile operating systems, you don’t have to install additional software to make a screenshot. This option is already built into iOS. It is enough to know the combination of the necessary keys, the order of their pressing.
If you are still using devices such as iPhone 4, 4S, 5 or 5S, it is easy to take a picture of the display by pressing the Home buttons, lock the screen. Screenshot on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, as well as 6S, 6S Plus, 7 and 7 Plus, 8 and 8 Plus is performed by pressing the Power button, touching Home. In some devices it is physical, in others it is already sensory.
Screenshot on new iPhones X
You can take a screenshot on the new iPhone X with the updated iOS by simultaneously pressing the volume up button, the button on the right, which is responsible for locking / disabling. The fact that you managed to take a picture of the screen will be informed by a characteristic sound, the display will blink once.
In newer versions of iOS, screenshots are saved in a separate folder. It’s incredibly convenient. you don’t have to search for a screenshot among a large number of photos.
Via Assistive Touch
Assistive Touch is a feature of iPhones that allows you to control your device with gestures and get quick access to the applications you need. This is a handy piece, especially if the mechanical buttons are broken or temporarily defective.
Step by step instructions for Assistive Touch:
- Go to the iPhone settings. basic and select the “Accessibility” section
- In “universal access”, click on the item “touch”. It will be near the end of the list of settings;
- In the window that opens, turn on “AssistiveTouch”;
- In the “AssistiveTouch” menu, click on “Top Level Menu”;
- Select “” on the pop-up window;
- The “Screenshot” button will appear.
You can add the icon of the same name in a convenient location to make it easier to take screenshots.
Screenshot of a part of the screen
Often on the iPhone 5c, it is necessary to screen a part of the screen in order to focus on the most important detail. This functionality is not built into iOS, so you need to download an additional app from the App Store. One of the most popular utilities is Screenshot Plus.
- Opening the App Store.
- Enter the name of the screenshot and set it.
- Launch Screenshot Plus and try to take the first screen photo.
Important! The described program is paid. its cost is 1. You can use free analogs
Taking a screenshot via the on-screen menu
The second name of this method is a snapshot via Assistive Touch. It is very convenient, since it is not always possible to take a screenshot on the iPhone using the buttons. For example, if a key is not functional. To take a picture of the screen without using the keys, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings / General.
- Select Accessibility and go to the Interaction section. There you will find Assistive Touch.
- After activating the function, a gray square will appear on the right side of the screen.
- Open the page you want to save, click the square.
- An additional menu will appear. In it you need to select Apparatus / / Screenshot.
Done. your screen shot is already in the daddy with the photo!
How to take a screenshot on iPhone
The need to take a screenshot on the iPhone arises when a user wants to share a game achievement or part of a conversation on a social network with friends. Taking pictures of the screen contents is as easy as shelling pears if the mechanical buttons of the gadget are in order, however, even if one of them is faulty, this is not an obstacle for experienced and experienced users. The article will tell you about several methods on how to take a screenshot on iPhone.
How to Screen 11 iPhone with Assistive Touch
A screen on a smartphone can also be made using the special function AssistiveTouch. But first, it must be configured in the parameters of the device itself. The picture taken with this function will not be any different. The difference lies in the sequence of actions.
AssistiveTouch creates a virtual button with a set of different commands. With its help, you can quickly restart your smartphone, go to various menus, activate Siri and much more. This button is useful if the user has technical problems with the physical keys or display.
- To set up AssistiveTouch, go to smartphone settings and open the “General” section.
- After that, select “Universal Access”. This is where the required function is located.
- To activate it, you need to move the slider to the value “On”.
Usually, the screenshot is automatically placed in AssistiveTouch. Therefore, the user does not need to configure anything by himself. As soon as the virtual button appears on the screen, you can take a screenshot. To do this, use the instructions:
- Display the image to be captured.
- Click on the virtual button.
- Select the item “Apparatus”.
- Go to the “” section.
- Click on “Screenshot”.
To do this, you need to go to the smartphone settings, to the AssistiveTouch section. Then select “Top Level Menu”. The open window will display the location of all commands. To change, click on the corresponding icon.
For example, there is no need to use the “Notifications” command. It can be replaced with “Screenshot”. Then, the user should click on the desired icon, and then select a command from the list that will replace the standard.
In addition, you can add commands instead of replacing. To do this, you need to increase the number of icons by clicking on the plus in the lower right corner of the screen. Then, you should select an empty icon and give it a command. A list of all functions will be displayed on the screen.
How to take a screenshot on iPhone via computer
You already know that there are applications that are capable of capturing a picture of the display of a mobile device and displaying it on a computer screen. In the last article, you got acquainted with such an application for Android. Today is the line of apple gadgets, and the program in question is called Reflector.
Reflector uses Apple’s standard AirPlay technology, which enables wireless media streaming from one device to another. For example, from an “apple” or “apple tablet” to the PC screen. It simply emulates an AirPlay receiver, even on devices that do not support this technology.
Screenshot iphone 5s 5c 5 4S 4 3G 3 iPod iPad
The function that allows us to take a screenshot from the iPhone or iPad is called “video replay”. a dynamic repetition of everything that happens on the display of the gadget in a separate window on the PC.
So, to “screenshot” the iPhone via Reflector, do the following:
- Install the application on your computer.
- Make sure your mobile device and PC are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On the iPhone (iPad), go to the “Control Center”, open the “AirPlay” section and select the computer as the signal receiver. Activate video replay here (slide the slider to the “On” position).
- After these manipulations, a window in the form of an iPhone or iPad will open on the PC screen, inside which everything that happens on the display of the gadget will be displayed.
- Reflector has a built-in function for recording video from a mobile device (the “Start recording” command in the context menu), and to take a screenshot, you just need to freeze the frame and use any tool that is on your PC (for example, the Scissors application in Windows or the AltPrintScreen hotkeys ).
Reflector is compatible with all iOS releases from 5th (iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and 4c, 1st generation iPad, 3rd generation iPod Touch and newer).
The Reflector installer comes in four flavors. for Mac OS X, iOS, Windows, and Android. The app is paid but inexpensive. for mobile devices. The free trial version is valid for 7 days, but it will not be possible to use it during this short period. When recording video from the screen, the program displays its logo on its background, which cannot be removed without activation. Therefore, those who are determined to use it face some expenses or searches for old versions, where such an outrage has not yet happened.
Many iPhone users probably have at least once such a situation when it was necessary to save information on the display in the form of a picture. But not all Apple device owners know how to do this. However, it is very easy to take a picture from the phone screen. The manufacturer, as always, took care of its users and made this function easy and fast.
How to edit a screenshot
You can edit a screenshot both in the built-in utility on the iPhone, and in additional programs that the user downloads independently. In the first case, a built-in function in the Photos app is used. To use it you need:
- Open the program and select the image that you would like to process;
- After that, tap on the “Change” button, which is located in the upper right corner of the system;
- Now the user is provided with only a few functions: the user can crop, add a signature using 6 markers, select a part of the picture with a magnifying glass, draw certain numbers or geometric shapes;
- As soon as the user has done everything, he should click on “Finish”, and then this screenshot will be automatically saved on the device.
Of course, you can download additional programs, but, as a rule, this utility is enough for the user.
Activator from Cydia (for jailbroken iPhones)
Activator is another free app, or rather a jailbreak tweak for iPhone that allows you to take screenshots without the lock button. Rather, the creation of screens is not its main function: it simply gives the user the opportunity to assign this action, for example, to the “Home” button. And when “photographing” the screen, press only it. By the way, instead of buttons, this operation can be assigned to any gesture (swiping the screen, pinching, stretching, etc.) or movement (shaking the phone).
Activator officially supports iOS 9 (iPhone 6s) and earlier releases of the system. IOS 10 support has not yet been announced, but will likely be implemented soon.
How to take a screenshot on iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR?
In 2018, Apple showed us three new iPhone models! A lot has changed, but not the way to take a screenshot. So, if you need to take a screenshot on the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR, then
Yes, yes, yes, everything is exactly the same as in the iPhone X. Elementary!
Helpful advice! If you are unable to get a print screen on the first try, then make sure you press the buttons mentioned at the same time. For more confidence, you can hold them clamped a little longer than the first time.
Helpful tip 2! Unfortunately, the breakdown of various keys (Home, volume control, locks) is not such a rare occurrence, how can you take a screenshot in the case of a broken button? You must use the AssistiveTouch feature (available on any iPhone or iPad!). To activate it, just go to Settings. General. Universal Access. We include. A white circle appears on the screen, after clicking on it, an additional menu opens. Here we go sequentially: Apparatus Screenshot.
How to take a screenshot of the screen on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus with two buttons?
Press the side button (formerly called the Sleep / Wake button or the power off button).
Press the Home button at the same time.
The phone display will flash and you will hear a shutter sound (unless the phone is in silent mode). This means that you managed to take a screenshot and it was saved on your device.
If you press the lock and return buttons at the same time, the iPhone will perform the corresponding function. for example, call Siri or lock the phone. Therefore, you should once again make sure that you press both buttons at the same time.
If the universal method seems inconvenient to you or one of the buttons does not work on the device, you can take a screenshot in other ways: using the operating system tool. AssistiveTouch, or third-party applications.
How to take a screenshot on iPhone XR
It is done in exactly the same way. with two buttons: “off” and “increase the volume of the sound”. Bingo)
What buttons to use to take a screenshot on iPhone
To take a screenshot, just press the Power key on the right and the volume up button on the left. The procedure in this case will be as follows:
- Open the information on the iPhone screen that needs to be screened.
- Press the lock button and the “Louder” button at the same time and hold. exactly at the same time, here you need a little skill.
- A white flash on the iPhone screen and a characteristic click of the camera will indicate that the screenshot was taken.
- An image will immediately appear in the lower left corner. The screenshot on the iPhone can be immediately edited. add text, select something, show or circle it with an arrow, and then save or send it to the destination in the messenger or email.
All screenshots are stored in the Photos app. To find them, you need to enter the application, select “Albums” and in the “Screenshots” folder you will find all the screenshots that you have ever taken on your phone. The most recent screenshots will always be at the bottom of the screen. The picture will be duplicated in a regular photo gallery.
It’s easy to take a screenshot on iPhone X and iPhone XS, XR
Screenshot (screenshot) is perhaps the most demanded and popular feature among Apple device owners. In all junior models, before the appearance of the iPhone X, this action was performed by simultaneously pressing two keys: Home and Power. Despite the fact that the new iPhone X has undergone significant changes, taking a screenshot of the screen is as easy as in previous models. Since all new phones from Apple: iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR do not have a Home button, the screenshot is taken by simultaneously pressing two other buttons. Power and Louder.
How to take a screenshot of the screen on older iPhones
On older iPhones, which have a Home button, the screenshot is taken slightly differently than on newer ones. To do this, you need to simultaneously press the Home and Off buttons. See further description.
How to take a screenshot on any iPhone
How the iPhone is improving, and the need to make and transfer a screenshot to the iPhone is still an urgent task. over, many still do not know how to do this, especially on new phones Of course, there are fewer buttons in the same place, but on the other hand, it has become much easier to take a screenshot, but let’s go in order.
Screenshot on very old models iPhone 5, iPhone 4
The difference from subsequent models is that the OFF / ON button is not on the side, but on top of the phone.
And the combination of buttons is the same: pressing the Home button and the Power button at the same time creates a screenshot of the phone screen.
Take a photo on iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max
Exactly the same as on previous iPhone models, where there is no longer a Home button. To take a screenshot on a new iPhone, you need to simultaneously press 2 buttons. the sound is stronger and the phone turns off. Look at the picture.
All. The screenshot is ready, now there are 2 options to choose from:
- Save it to photostream
- Edit, then send to anyone through social networks and not save, so as not to clutter up Photos.
How to use AssistiveTouch to take a screenshot
Like previous models, iPhone X includes AssistiveTouch. Its functionality is configured from the “Top Level Menu”. Using this virtual button, you can not only control your smartphone, but also take a screenshot. And for this you need to activate it. This is done like this: go to system settings, then “Basic” and open “Universal Access”. In the list, we find the AssistiveTouch option and move the switch to the “on” position. After that, a round-shaped button will appear on the display, which can be easily moved to any place on the screen on the iPhone.
Now you can control the device without resorting to physical buttons. And for a screenshot in the dialog box, click the “Machine” button, then “” and “Screenshot”. You will see how the analog of the home button will disappear from the screen on the iPhone for a short time and a screenshot will be taken.