How to transfer from iPhone to USB flash drive
Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer with Google Drive / Dropbox / OneDrive
A cloud service is an online storage for downloading and saving files without a USB connection. Only a stable internet connection is required. Below is a Google Drive demo.
Open the App Store on iPhone, search for Google Drive and download it.
Once installed, open the Google Drive app and sign in with your Google account.
Select the photos you want to transfer and upload them.
After that go to
Google Drive webpage and sign in with the same account you used to upload photos to iPhone.
Find the photos you want and save them to your computer.
When everything is done, you can view your photos on your computer now. FoneTrans can also help you manage other data of your iPhone, such as import VCF contacts file to iPhone, transfer ringtone from iPhone to iPhone Please feel free to download FoneTrans and try now!
How to transfer photos from an iPhone to a Flash Drive.
Transfer photos to PC from iPhone via Wi-Fi
It is often convenient to use a wireless connection to transfer pictures from iPhone to a computer. To do this, the phone must be synchronized with the computer:
- Connect iPhone with USB cable to your computer;
- Open iTunes (on a Windows PC, you need to install the application yourself);
- In the “Devices” section, select your connected iPhone;
- In the upper menu ribbon, click on the “Browse” button and in the block with the choice of parameters, check the box for device synchronization via Wi-Fi.
After that, synchronization will occur automatically every time the iPhone is connected to a computer with iTunes installed.
Synchronization can be started without connecting the phone to a PC. For this:
- In the “General Settings” iPhone go to the section for syncing your phone over Wi-Fi;
- In the window of this section on the phone, click “Synchronize”.
Upon completion of the process, you can work with the device in the same way as when connecting to a PC via a USB cable.
WhatsApp as an alternative way
Another versatile way is to use WhatsApp messenger to transfer data. If you do not have the opportunity to install additional programs on your PC, synchronize information through cloud services, and indeed, you only need to upload a few photos to your PC, just use this method. The main point is that WhatsApp allows you to log in through the web version, duplicating the content from the device. To use this method, you need to perform a number of actions:
- Go to the website of the web version of the messenger;
- From your device, go to WhatsApp and go to Settings. There, find the WhatsApp Web item and scroll down;
- Point the camera at the QR code on the computer and wait until the system is authorized;
- As soon as the authorization is completed, your dialogs will be duplicated in the browser version, and already from them you can save the photo to your computer.
Ways to Transfer Photos from iPhone over the Internet
Using cloud services to transfer photos and videos from iPhone to other devices, Mac and Windows computers is very convenient and simple, you can use:
- Apple’s own iCloud Photos sync: Simply turn on iCloud for Photos in your Apple ID settings on your phone to automatically upload them. These photos will be accessible on a Mac computer in the Finder, through a browser or from a Windows computer (for the latest options, see How to log into iCloud from a computer).
- Considering the fact that iCloud does not give much space for free, and I have 1 TB in OneDrive and this service is integrated into Windows 10, I use it exactly: install the OneDrive app on the iPhone, turn on automatic synchronization and your photos are always available online or on a computer with the same OneDrive account.
- If you previously used Android and Google Photos, you can install this application on your iPhone and it, as before, will upload the photos and videos you have taken to your Google account in original quality within limited storage or in a slightly compressed form, but without storage size limits.
If you prefer any other cloud storage, most likely it also has an iOS application with the ability to automatically transfer photos to the cloud for later access from a computer or other devices.
MacOS (OS X) is used on the company’s branded devices, namely the iMac and MacBook. At the same time, iTunes is part of this OS, which allows you to use it right out of the box without installing additional software.
To transfer photos from iPhone:
- Connect your device to Mac via USB cable.
- Open “iTunes” → “Continue”.
- Confirm the connection on your phone by clicking “Trust”.
- If the “Photos” application has not opened, then launch it yourself.
- Go to the “Import” tab → Click:
- “Import All” to copy all photos.
- “Import Selected” to transfer individual photos.
Note! Immediately after the end of the process, you can disconnect the iPhone.
FoneTrans for iOS
Run the program, then plug and connect your iPhone to your computer. After connecting your iPhone, please mark Trust on the screen of your iPhone, the program will display your iPhone automatically.
You can see all the information about your iPhone on the interface after detecting your device. Click Photos from the left panel at the moment, you can preview all your photos on the page before transferring those photos from iPhone to PC.
Please note that you can double-click the photos to enlarge and view them.
Select photos. You can select one album or right click to check all.
Click Export to and select a folder. Click Export to and then select a local path to save photos, click OK.
Get photos from iPhone now. After moving pictures from iPhone to computer, you can delete photos from iPhone to free up your iPhone space right now.
If you only want to save your photos from iPhone to computer in JPEG format, you can go to Settings Photo Transfer to Mac or PC to do that automatically. If you set “Keep Originals” on iPhone or iPad, HEIC images will remain in the same aspect ratio.
Download Photos from iPhone to PC with FoneTrans for iOS
- Transfer photos, videos, contacts, WhatsApp and other data with ease.
- Preview data before transmission.
- IPhone, iPad and iPod touch available.
With FoneTrans for iOS, you can transfer your data from iPhone to computer freely. You can not only transfer iPhone text messages to computer, but also transfer photos, videos and contacts to PC easily.
Using Samsung Smart Switch to Transfer Data from iPhone
On Android smartphones Samsung Galaxy there is an additional opportunity to transfer data from your old phone, including from the iPhone, allowing you to access much more important data, including those that can be difficult to transfer in other ways (for example, iPhone notes ).
Transfer steps (tested on Samsung Galaxy Note 9, should work similarly on all modern Samsung smartphones):
- Go to Settings. Cloud & Accounts.
- Open Smart Switch.
- Choose how you will transfer data. via Wi-Fi (from the iCloud account where the iPhone should be backed up, see How to create an iPhone backup) or via USB cable directly from the iPhone (in this case, the speed will be higher, as well as more data transfer will be available).
- Click “Get” and then select “iPhone / iPad”.
- When transferring from iCloud over Wi-Fi, you will need to enter your iCloud account login information (and possibly a code that will display on the iPhone for two-factor authentication).
- When transferring data via a USB cable, connect it as shown in the picture: in my case, the included USB-C to USB adapter was connected to the Note 9, and the Lightning cable from the iPhone was connected to it. On the iPhone itself, after connecting, you will need to confirm trust in the device.
- Choose what data you want to download from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy. In the case of using a cable, the following are available: contacts, messages, calendar, notes, bookmarks and settings / emails, saved alarms, Wi-Fi settings, wallpapers, music, photos, videos and other documents. And also, if you have already signed in to your Google account on Android. applications that are available for both iPhone and Android. Click the “Submit” button.
- Wait for data transfer from iPhone to Android phone to complete.
As you can see, using this method, you can very quickly transfer almost any of your data and files from iPhone to Android device.
Transfer contacts, calendar and photos from iPhone to Android using Google Drive
The Google Drive app (Google Drive) is available for both Apple and Android and, among other things, it allows you to easily upload contacts, calendar and photos to the Google cloud and then upload them to another device.
This can be done using the following simple steps:
- Install Google Drive from the App Store on your iPhone and sign in to your Google account (The same one that will be used on Android. If you haven’t created this account yet, create one on your Android phone).
- In the Google Drive app, tap the menu button and then the gear icon.
- In the settings select “Backup”.
- Turn on the items you want to copy to Google (and then to your Android phone).
- At the bottom, click “Start Backup”.
In fact, this completes the entire transfer process: if you log in on your Android device under the same account that was backed up, all data will be automatically synchronized and available for use. If you also want to transfer the purchased music, about this. in the last section of the instructions.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to Android
The transition from iPhone to Android, in my opinion, is slightly more difficult than the other way around, especially if you have been using various Apple applications for a long time (which are not presented in the Play Store, while there are Google applications in the App Store). Nevertheless, transferring most of the data, primarily contacts, calendar, photos, videos and music, is quite possible and relatively easy.
This tutorial details how to transfer important data from iPhone to Android when moving from one platform to another. The first method is universal for any Android phone, the second is specific to modern Samsung Galaxy smartphones (but it allows you to move more data and is more convenient). The site also has a separate guide on how to transfer contacts manually: How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android.
If you used an Apple Music subscription on your iPhone, transferring it by cable or something else, you probably shouldn’t: Apple Music is the only app from Apple that is also available for Android (you can download it on the Play Store), and your subscription in it will be active, as well as access to all previously purchased albums or songs.
Also, if you use “universal” cloud storage, available for both iPhone and Android (OneDrive, DropBox, Yandex Disk), then access to such data as photos, videos and some others from a new phone will not be a problem.
Distribution of new, sometimes interesting and useful materials from the remontka.pro website. No ads and free computer help for subscribers from the author. Other subscription methods (VK, Odnoklassniki, Telegram., YouTube, Yandex.Dzen)
If passwords are saved, for example, in Chrome and you use them under your Google account with synchronization, then when you log in on another device with the same account, your passwords will also be there.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone
Put your old smartphone next to the new one, and in a few minutes everything will be ready.
How to backup iTunes
- Install the latest version of iTunes and connect your iPhone to your computer with a cable.
- Allow access on smartphone.
- Select iPhone from iTunes Device Menu.
- If you want to save the data of the “Health” and “Activity” programs, check the box next to “Encrypt backup” and set a password. Do not forget the code, otherwise it will be impossible to recover the information!
- Click “Create a copy now” and wait for the process to finish.
Untie Apple Watch
If a watch is connected to the iPhone, then to bind to a new smartphone, you first need to break the pair with the old one.
- Open the Apple Watch app.
- Go to the “My Watch” tab and click on the icon ℹ️.
- Select “Unpair Apple Watch” and confirm the action.
There are three ways to import data. Each will need a pre-created backup, but the migration process will be slightly different. In one case, you must have an old iPhone, in the other. a computer with iTunes, and in the third, an Internet connection is enough.
How to back up iCloud
- Open “Settings” on iPhone and click on your account icon.
- Go to iCloud → “Backup“.
- Turn on the toggle switch of the same name and click “Create a backup”.
Using the Quick Start feature
- If your new iPhone is already activated, then first delete all data by going to Settings → General → Reset → Erase Content and Settings. If not, insert the SIM card into your smartphone and follow the prompts of the setup wizard.
- Turn on and place both iPhones side by side. The new device displays the “Quick Start” screen, and the old one displays the “Set up a new iPhone” screen.
- Click “Continue” on your old smartphone and unlock it.
- Wait for the animation to appear on the new iPhone and point the camera of the old one at it.
- Wait a few seconds and complete the setup on the new device.
- Enter your Apple ID password and follow the prompts.
- On the Apps & Data screen, select Recover from iCloud.
You can back up your information via iCloud or using iTunes on your computer. Later, the corresponding copy will be used for data transfer.
How to transfer photos and videos from iPhone (iPad) to Mac using AirDrop
The main condition for transferring files via AirDrop is that devices (iPhone or iPad and Mac) are on the same Wi-Fi network. Also, both devices must have Bluetooth enabled.
AirDrop works flawlessly since iOS 10 and macOS Sierra.
On your Mac, open Finder and go to AirDrop.
On your iPhone or iPad, open the Photos app. Go to the required Album and click the Select button in the upper right corner.
Select a photo or video to copy to your Mac (photos and videos can be swiped without lifting your finger).
Click on the Share icon in the lower left corner.
In a few seconds, available devices for AirDrop will appear in the middle of the screen on the left.
Tap the icon of the Mac that appears and the file transfer starts. The downloaded files will be available in the Downloads folder on the Mac.
How to transfer photos from iPhone or iPad to Windows computer or external storage using a cable
Connect an external storage drive (USB stick). If you are going to transfer a photo or video simply to a computer, skip this step.
Make sure the connected external drive appears in Windows Explorer.
Connect the iPhone or iPad from which you want to transfer photos to your Windows computer using a cable.
When connecting an iPhone or iPad to a computer, the device should be recognized as an external device.
Click on the icon of the connected Apple device.
Go to Internal Storage → DCIM.
If instead of the DCIM folder, the message “This folder is empty” is displayed, unlock the connected iPhone or iPad and click the Allow button on the notification that appears.
After that, the DCIM folder will appear in Windows Explorer.
All photos and videos will be placed in system folders like “100Apple”. Copy the entire contents of the DCIM folder or selected photos and videos to your computer.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to computer, USB stick or external hard drive
IPhone owners with little storage space are sometimes amazed at how quickly their smartphone runs out of space. Most often, this problem is encountered by lovers of photos and videos, as well as fans of Live Photos.
True, it can be easily solved. you just need to activate the function of saving backups to the cloud storage, for example, to the iCloud Photo Media Library (although the service is paid). Users who are interested exclusively in free unlimited services can use Google Photos or Yandex.Disk.
In addition, photos can be backed up to a desktop computer. However, a 128 GB Mac is clearly not enough for this purpose, so you often have to use external drives.
How to transfer photos and videos from iPhone or iPad to Mac using the Image Capture app
Launch Image Capture on your Mac. To open the program, enter its name in the Spotlight search (you can use the hot keys ⌘Cmd Space).
Once launched, in the control panel on the left, find the iOS device and click on it. All photos and videos stored on the iPhone or iPad appear on the screen. Now you can manually select the pictures you want to save on the external hard drive, or select all at once by clicking on ⌘Cmd A.
By default, pictures are saved in the Pictures folder. Call the drop-down menu and click on “Other”. Now select the folder on the external hard drive where you want to save the photo.
Optionally, you can delete photos and videos from your iOS device when you move them to your Mac. To do this, check the box next to Delete after import in the lower left corner.
Click on the “Import” button and wait until the photos or videos are saved. If your hard drive supports USB 2.0, and there are a lot of photos, the whole process can take much more than a few minutes.
The most effective method for solving the problem is a wired connection using a special adapter (USB-OTG for Android and Lightning OTG for iOS).
The procedure is different for OS from Google and Apple, so let’s look at them separately.
Important! For this feature to work, the flash drive must be formatted in FAT32 or exFAT!
An alternative solution to the problem under consideration is to use a desktop computer or laptop as an intermediary. The algorithm is very simple: first, a USB flash drive is connected to the PC, then the phone, after which the data is transferred between all devices. The process is described in detail in separate articles, so we will provide links to them so as not to repeat.
Transferring files from phone to USB flash drive
The OTG function is present in almost all modern firmware based on the “green robot”, but to check its functionality, it is recommended to download the USB OTG Checker application.
- Connect the USB flash drive to the adapter, and connect it to the phone. Run the USB OTG Checker program and check if the device recognizes the external storage. Under normal conditions, you will see an image like the screenshot below.
Open the internal memory of the phone or its SD card. Select the required files, highlight them and use the copy function.
Next, go to the drive, specify the appropriate folder and use the insert.
For OS from Apple you do not need to install any additional software, just built-in programs.
Go to the “Overview” tab, and from it to the “Places” menu, where select the internal memory of the iPhone.
Find the documents that you want to move, select them using the corresponding item in the upper right corner of the window and touching each with your finger, then hold down any of the items to open the menu. Click “Copy”, go to the window for selecting places, go to the item corresponding to the flash drive, then long press again and select “Paste”.
If the files need to be cut, select “Move” in the context menu, then using the directory selection window, select the external drive and click “Move”.
Wait for the data to be saved, after which the operation can be considered completed.
USB flash drive recognition problems
In some cases, the connected storage device is not recognized by the phone. As a rule, the most common cause of this behavior is either an incorrect file system or a problem with the adapter, but it also happens that the problem is observed on the computer. To find a solution, refer to the following articles.
Elimination of possible problems
Consider also the crashes that may appear while following the instructions above.
“Access Denied” error
Sometimes the external media will not allow you to paste the copied data, displaying the “Access denied” error. This error means two things, the first is that for some reason the flash drive is write-protected. You can check this using a computer, as well as fix the problem.
The second is a possible viral infection, since often malware does not allow access to the contents of the flash drive and change it. There is an article on our site that will help you fix this.