How to Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone
Transfer SMS Messages from iPhone to iPhone
Below we will consider two ways to transfer messages. the standard method and using a special program for backing up data.
This method is suitable if you only need to transfer SMS messages to another iPhone, while iCloud sync will copy other parameters saved in the backup.
iBackupBot is a perfect companion to iTunes. With its help, you can access individual data types, backup them and transfer them to another apple device. This tool will be used by us to transfer SMS messages.
- Download the program from the official website of the developer and install it on your computer.
- Connect iPhone to computer and launch iTunes. You will need to create an up-to-date iPhone backup on your computer. To do this, click on the device icon in the upper part of the program window.
Make sure the Browse tab is open on the left side of the window. On the right side of iTunes, in the “Backups” block, activate the “This computer” option, and then click on the “Create a copy now” button. Wait for the process to be completed. In the same way, you will need to create a backup for the device to which you plan to transfer messages.
SMS messages will be displayed on the screen. At the top of the window, select the “Import” button. The iBackupBot program will prompt you to specify the backup to which the messages will be transferred. To start the tool, click on the “OK” button.
Once the process of copying SMS to another backup is complete, iBackupBot can be closed. Now you need to take a second iPhone and perform a factory reset on it.
Read more: How to Hard Reset iPhone
Connect iPhone to computer with USB cable and launch iTunes. Open the device menu in the program and go to the “Overview” tab. In the left part of the window, make sure that you have activated the item “This computer”, and then click on the button “Recover from a copy”.
How to Transfer SMS Messages from iPhone to iPhone
A simple and affordable way to transfer information from one iPhone to another, provided by the manufacturer. It’s about creating an iCloud backup and installing it on another Apple device.
- First, you need to make sure that message storage is activated in the iCloud settings. To do this, open the settings on the iPhone from which the information will be transferred, and then select your account name at the top of the window.
In the next window, open the “iCloud” section. Next, you need to make sure that the “Messages” item is activated. Make changes if necessary.
In the same window, go to the “Backup” section. Tap on the “Create a backup” button.
When the backup process is complete, take the second iPhone and, if necessary, restore it to factory settings.
Each of the methods given in the article is guaranteed to allow you to transfer all SMS messages from one iPhone to another.
How to Transfer All Messages to New iPhone
Clean, without settings and applications “from the past”.
It is no longer a secret for any user of the iOS mobile operating system that all his contacts, addresses, links in the Safari browser, photos, calendars and notes are constantly synchronized with the iCloud cloud storage. And if you decide to change the iPhone to a new one, or were forced to do a full reset of the device, all contacts will be restored without any problems.
The situation with iMessages looks a little sadder. You can save the history of correspondence only with a full backup of the smartphone using iTunes and its further restoration to the current state, which was saved in the backup. But what if the SMS history is needed on a new, just purchased device without that “old cart of applications and settings” that was on the predecessor?
There is no official solution to the problem, but there is an unofficial one. All we need:
- the latest version of iTunes;
- IBackupBot App.
Create a backup copy of the iPhone from which you plan to transfer SMS messages using iTunes and connecting your smartphone using the Lightning cable to Mac.
Make sure that when creating a backup, select the directory to save This computer and be sure to disable encryption.
Connect the iPhone to which you plan to transfer messages. Repeat the process of creating a backup copy in the same way as in the first paragraph of the instruction (save to This computer, disable encryption).
Download the iBackupBot [Download] utility and install it. The version with limited capabilities is distributed free of charge and for our task it will be enough.
Launch iBackupBot. The application will automatically read the newly created backups, they will be displayed in the upper left of the screen. We are interested in a backup of an iPhone configured as new.
Open the drop-down list of the backup folder (on the copy you created last, i.e. for a new iPhone) and select User Information Manager. Go to the Messages tab on the right side of the app.
The application may require you to specify from which version of the backup to import SMS, but in most cases the list of your messages will be captured automatically.
Select the SMS that you plan to transfer (by default, all messages are highlighted) and click OK.
The application will inform you about the successful import of messages and attachments into the new version of the backup.
Connect your new iPhone (iPhone with reset settings) to iTunes. Select This PC and select Recover from a copy. Remember to turn off Find My iPhone in Settings. iCloud. Find My iPhone.
Select the current backup to which you imported messages from the iBackupBot application and click OK.
Wait for the end of the restore operation. Now all SMS messages will be transferred to the new iPhone.
During the recovery process, the iPhone will reboot one time. To continue the process, you will need to slide Slide to Unlock and then wait a few minutes.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone
Fans of mobile devices with the “apple” logo are often faced with a situation when they need to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone. This will come in handy when replacing the device with an updated model. the owners are sorry to lose the accumulated photos, music and applications. The developers have provided options for quick and safe transfer of information. it is easier for a person to agree to the purchase of the latest iPhone model if he is sure that important files are safe. Even more. contacts, call history, notes and messages are transferred. A little effort and user information will remain safe and sound.
Restoring information from a backup
To transfer information, you will need to turn on the purchased smartphone. If the device has already been configured for the user, the settings will have to be reset. Wait for the welcome screen to appear and follow the instructions until the Wi-Fi setup window appears. Then connect to the network and continue following the instructions until the Programs and Data window appears. The smartphone will offer four options, select “Recover from iCloud Copy”. Enter your Apple ID username and password to continue. Then select the appropriate backup by date, and also sign in to your iTunes and AppStore accounts. Wait for the information to download to your smartphone and complete the setup.
Transferring information via iCloud
The iCloud application is an indispensable assistant for Apple product owners. While Apple builds more storage into smartphones for user files, it often lacks enough space to house important information and backups. Here iCloud comes to the rescue, allowing you to access user information regardless of time and location, the main thing is access to the wireless network.
Transferring a SIM card or contacting a telecom operator
Most of all, users are worried about the saved contacts and phone number, so first of all it is worth paying attention to the SIM card.
- Check if the size of the card matches the tray of the new device. if so, remove the SIM and install it in the purchased smartphone.
- If the card is not suitable for purchase, contact the office of the mobile operator for a SIM replacement.
- It is also recommended to contact sales outlets if the SIM is larger than necessary. trimming takes a minute and costs a penny.
Synchronizing devices near each other
Place smartphones in close proximity, and then open the Quick Start app on your current phone. To transfer data to your new iPhone, follow the guidelines.
- Connect the phones with Bluetooth and pair. To transfer information, the smartphone will offer to use the current Apple ID. Verify that the correct user record is being used.
- An animation will be displayed on the purchased smartphone, position the current device over the purchased one so that the picture is in the middle of the viewfinder. Wait for the end message to appear on the purchased phone. If the camera module of the current machine does not work, select the manual authentication method.
- If necessary, confirm the action by entering the current digital display lock code.
- Set up identification by face or fingerprint on the purchased smartphone. iPhone will kindly offer instructions.
- When prompted on the display, enter the numeric code.
- The purchased smartphone will offer to restore settings, apps and files taken from an extreme iCloud backup. The user independently chooses which settings and files should be transferred.
If the current smartphone is synced with the Apple Watch, then confirm the pairing request with the new smartphone.
Copying information using iTunes
The iTunes app is another useful information transfer program. The business is not limited to backup, the program is suitable for restoring and flashing iPhone, as well as for managing files. An important advantage of the program has become free, the application is distributed legally and works with all iPhone model lines. Therefore, users believe that iTunes is best for backing up and transferring information to a new smartphone.
Storing information in the cloud
Cloud storage is gaining popularity in the world, so the advanced Apple company allows the creation and storage of backup copies of the iPhone on other “clouds”. To do this, open the application of the selected cloud storage. In the settings, find the “Synchronization” menu item. Pair your iPhone with the cloud. After that, the item “start backup” or with a similar name will appear in the storage menu. Wait until the copy is complete and do not disable the wireless network on the device.
Transferring messages from one iPhone to another
So, as you already understood, within the framework of this material, we will consider 2 ways to transfer messages from one phone to another. The first way will be to use cloud storage, and the second will be to use a special program that was created for backup. Let’s start in reverse.
This method will be suitable for you only if you want to transfer only SMS messages, since other parameters that will be set during the creation of a system backup will be transferred using the cloud storage.
Utility “iBackupBot”. it is a program that complements the functionality of another popular program very well. iTunes. With this application, you can access certain types of information, make a backup copy and thus transfer from one device to another. Actually, we will use this tool to transfer messages from one phone to another.
1) First, click on the link above and download the program to your computer.
2) After that, connect your phone to the computer using the original cable and open the iTunes program. First, you need to make a new backup of your device.
To do this, click on the smartphone icon located on the top toolbar.
3) Now make sure that the “Overview” section is open on the left side of the window. On the right side of the tab, in the “Backups” section, enable the “This computer” setting, and then click on the “Create a copy now” button.
Now wait while the program backs up your device. After that, in the same way, you will need to create a backup copy of the smartphone to which you are going to transfer SMS messages.
In the left block of the menu, open the “iPhone” section, and then on the right side of the program, click on the “Messages” button.
5) After that, messages will appear in the workspace of the program. On the top toolbar, click on the “Import” button.
The iBackupBot application will prompt you to select a saved backup of the system to which messages will be transferred. In order to start the process of transferring messages between copies, click on the “OK” button.
If you do not know how to reset an iPhone to factory settings, check out the material below. it explains this topic in as much detail as possible.
7) After that, connect the target smartphone to which you are going to transfer messages to the computer. Then open the program “iTunes”.
Go to the device menu and click on the “Browse” button. Next, check that you have activated the item “This computer” in the left part of the window, and then click on the button “Restore from a copy”.
8) Next, specify the backup to which we transferred SMS messages, start the smartphone recovery procedure and wait until it ends.
After the recovery process is complete, disconnect your phone from your computer, turn it on, and launch the Messages application. it should contain all the messages that were on the smartphone from which we transferred them.
A simple, and most importantly convenient way to transfer messages from one smartphone from “Apple” to another. It is offered by the developers themselves, so there is no need to doubt its functionality.
But there is one important point. along with messages from one smartphone, you will transfer other applications to it along with the settings, so it is better to use it if you purchased a new smartphone and want to transfer the old system to it.
1) The first thing you need to do is make sure that the save messages function is enabled in the iCloud settings.
To do this, open the settings of the iPhone from which you are going to transfer messages and tap on the name of your account in the Apple ID system.
2) After that, switch to the “iCloud” section. Then check if the parameter “Messages” is activated here.
If this parameter is deactivated, activate it yourself.
5) Next, when you roll back your device to the factory state, you will need to perform its initial configuration, as well as log into your account in the Apple ID system.
After that, you will be prompted to restore the system from a backup. Actually, as you already understood, it is this option that we need.
6) After the system is loaded from the backup, launch the Messages application on the device. it will contain all the letters that were on the smartphone from which you transferred SMS messages.
How to Transfer SMS Messages from iPhone to iPhone
Hello everyone! A lot of users store their correspondence on their phones, since they can contain a lot of useful data. pictures, video files, audio files, and so on. And you probably don’t really want to lose all this information when switching from one phone to another. So, within the framework of this material, we will consider several ways to transfer SMS messages from one iPhone to another.
So, as you can see, it is quite easy to transfer SMS messages from one iPhone to another. We hope this article was able to help you. Peace for everyone!
How to transfer Viber to a new smartphone
It’s easy to save Viber conversations when you change your phone. This can be done both in the program itself and in third-party applications that require installation. Let’s take a closer look at each of the mechanisms.
So, the first way to transfer vibe to another phone, saving the correspondence, looks like this:
- Open the application and go to the “Settings” menu.
- We find in it “Backup”, click. The program will offer several ways to save information, the easiest way is to send material from the android to Google Drive by clicking on the Google icon. In the field that appears, select the account to which the data should be sent, and click “Send”. Ios owners need to send data to icloud (algorithm similar to Google Drive).
- After choosing the location, we are waiting for the end of the copying process. Note that it is best to back up when connected to a Wi-Fi network. Mobile Internet can “eat” a lot of money.
After that, the application from the old phone is allowed to be deleted.
From smartphone to computer
In order to transfer Viber data to a PC or laptop, you need to set up synchronization.
- Download and install vibe for your computer.
- We go through the registration process, indicating that the application is installed on the smartphone.
- When the installation is complete, the Synchronization message will appear automatically. Click on her.
- Open the vibe on your phone and click on “Start”.
Done, data is in sync. Steps for tablets are identical.
Transferring Viber to another phone while saving the correspondence
When buying a new smartphone, people often face a dilemma: how to transfer information without losing important data? The question concerns not only photos and videos, but also dialogues from instant messengers. From the article you will learn how to save and transfer Viber data.
Saving media files
Please note that transferring vibe data to another phone using the options described above, you will lose photo and video files. These methods are effective only for text messages. You will have to move the media manually by copying the pictures to an external medium.
Using third-party programs
You can make a Viber backup using special programs. We suggest taking a closer look at the “Titanium BackUp” application, which will allow you to archive data.
- Download the program from a site convenient for you and open it by choosing Russian.
- In the window that appears on the screen, click on “Backups”.
- We are looking for vibers in the list and select it.
- We see the “Save” button, click on it, wait for the copying to complete.
- Install the program on the device where we want to transfer the correspondence.
- We transfer the “TitamiumBackup” folder from device to device in a convenient way (from a flash drive or “cloud”).
- Open the utility on a new smartphone, go to Menu / “Accounts” and click on “Backups”.
- Find Viber / “Restore”.
- We see the pop-up dialog box, select the “Software data” item in it.
After that, in the main menu of the phone, you will find a vibe, opening which you will see all correspondence, including group ones. In this case, reinstallation is not required.
How to act when changing the number
You can transfer the vibeer’s history to another phone even if you decide to change your SIM card. In order to save the history of correspondence, follow the following algorithm.
First, you need to change the number on the old device, the sequence of actions is as follows:
- We select the item “Settings” in the menu, click on the inscription “Account”.
- We find the item “Change phone number”.
- Enter a new number and click “Continue”.
- Then you will receive an SMS with an activation code or a call, which is optional.
Now you need to create a backup copy in the way we already know, download the vibe to a new device and restore the history.
- Open the vibe, go to the “Menu” (the “” button at the bottom of the screen) and select “Settings”.
- Click on the “Account” option and click on “Backup”.
- Click on the “Restore” button, mark “Restore now”.
Transfer Chat for iPhone
Actions for transferring backup data to a new Iphone are almost the same as manipulations for androids.
A backup copy is made in the same way, and is restored on a new device in the following way:
- We connect from the new device to iCloud. To do this, open “Settings” / “iCloud”. we log on to the device via Apple ID. After that, icloud will turn on automatically.
- We activate the vibe.
- The program will prompt you to restore the backup.
- We select “Restore now”, go to your account and see that a replacement has occurred: all correspondence with your contacts is in place. While the process is in progress, the screen may flicker black, this is normal.
By the way, you can restore stickers in a similar way.
- Go to “Settings”, select “Account”.
- Click on the “Purchase” button, click on the “Download”.
We’ve figured out how to reinstall Viber on your phone without losing data. We figured out that it is very easy to transfer the data of correspondence from your vibeer to another phone. This function is available for both ios and Android phone owners. There is more than one method of data transmission, each user can choose a convenient one. The main thing is that after the completion of the process, your favorite application will work smoothly, delighting you with new conversations.