How To Transfer The Game To A Second Monitor
Working with two adapters at the same time
It happens that even a discrete adapter is not enough to play at higher graphics settings or work with a heavy graphics utility. In this case, combining the power of the integrated and discrete GPU can help out.
To use the integrated and discrete cards at the same time, you must:
- go to BIOS (advanced mode);
- go to the “Advanced” tab;
- will be named “System Agent Configuration”;
- enable the IGPU function in Graphics Settings. Here you can also specify the main monitor and the memory that is allocated to the integrated chip.
- Save changes.
Switching laptop cards with special programs
Such programs will come in handy for a more convenient and safe switching of discrete rates. Below are options for models from AMD and NVidia.
For AMD-controlled devices, there are also AMD VISION utilities. In it, you can switch the map like this:
- select “Performance”;
- then. Dual Graphics;
- will be named “Disable”, save changes.
How to switch between maps on a laptop
Most often, the system itself switches between 2 cards depending on the load and requirements for a specific task. But this is not always the case. Then below we will talk in 3 ways that will help you do it yourself.
How to change the card on a laptop through the device manager
When there are two adapters in the display settings, for example, Radeon as discrete and Intel as integrated, you just need to right-click on one of them and select “Disable”.
After that, the laptop display will turn off, and the user will need to reboot the system. Despite the simplicity of the method, it is not worth using if you have no experience. High probability to disable or enable “something cannot” and thus disrupt the system operation.
How to switch the card on a laptop: 3 simple and effective ways
Laptops may have 2 cards: integrated (for everyday tasks) and discrete. for editing and modern games. Integrated GPUs are weaker than discrete GPUs, but they consume less power. Therefore, if you do not need to run heavy utilities, then you do not need to think about switching. However, if you need to work with games or advanced graphic editors, then knowing how to switch maps on a laptop will come in handy. And this article is just about that.
What is the adapter on the laptop responsible for??
The GPU is responsible for the graphics performance of a laptop or computer. It is not only about the display of the image on the screen and its quality. Here is the amount of memory, support for various technologies and codecs depends on the compatibility of the system with GPU-intensive programs and games.
adapters are divided into two main types:
1. Built-in. the chip is integrated directly into the processor or soldered into the motherboard. Devices of this type do NOT have high performance indicators. For office tasks or watching movies online, this option is suitable, but for modern games, working with graphics it is not enough.
2. A discrete adapter is a separate device, which, in addition to the functions of an integrated chip, significantly expands the functionality of a PC. With the launch and work in professional graphics software, the passage of modern games, problems in this case do not arise.
How to switch the map in BIOS
Changing one active chip to another, as a rule, is done in the BIOS section, which is called “PerIPherals”, or in the “Config”, “Advanced” branches. It all depends on the device model and BIOS version.
Important: The settings for changing the chip may be different. Sometimes it is enough to just click “Disabled”, but in some cases you will need to drag the card you want to use now to the first position in the list.
The method is suitable for both PCs and laptops. Almost all BIOSes have this option, but there are exceptions. To find out if the system supports the function, you need to call F2 during OS boot.
What to do if you can’t switch between maps
If we are talking about a bundle of “related” components. the manufacturer of the integrated and separate GPU is the same. in most cases the problem is solved by installing Catalyst software and fresh drivers for both cards. As mentioned above, with Catalyst, you can switch between cards yourself. Also, the utility can perform switching automatically depending on the load.
A combination of discrete and integrated GPUs from different companies also requires the installation of the above software. But in order for the cards to switch automatically, you also need to install special drivers.
Laptop owners can switch between the cards installed in the device using several methods: classic tools built into the OS, and using SEPARATE programs developed specifically for GPUs from different manufacturers. You can choose anything. The main thing to remember: for those who are not sure of knowledge of the filling of laptops, it is better to do without amateur performance and ask the question of switching to a service center.
How to transfer the game to a second monitor
I bought a TV for 40 “, I want to run full-screen games on it. in the driver settings I put it in a separate x-screen (1).
Some games start on it when you start it from it (like supertuxkart), while my monitor goes out, and you can only make it work by rebooting. Most of the games (tried games with steam) impudently start in the first monitor. in particular, all Valve games are played only in the first. In the HL settings, for example, I found an item on choosing a monitor, but installing a second monitor in THESE settings does not affect anything. the game still starts in the first.
I tried to run it with a parameter (I don’t remember how it is spelled now) which launches an application on a specific monitor. With any programs such as browsers, a player. all the rules, with games in no way.
Any help is greatly appreciated # 128578;
thank you in advance.
It really depends on the application. As a rule, before the launch, data is received on the monitors, which of them is primari (primary) and the launch occurs on it.
The best option if the application itself provides a choice of monitor.
In theory, you can try to write a script to launch the application, which will temporarily change the TV box to primary (for example, via xrandr).
As a rule, before the launch, data is received on the monitors, which one is primari (primary) and the launch occurs on it.
I have some games start on the Monica from which they were launched, but, alas, not all.
The best option if the application itself provides a choice of monitor. in Valvian games, it is like BE, but it still runs on the main.
In theory, you can try to write a script to launch the application.
will you try? 🙂
I tried it. It’s buggy. Apparently, sneakers are trying to somehow take over control of this case and it turns out badly.
Tried it like this:
To be honest, he puts another DE and experimenting with it is somehow lazy.
another where you just do not need, because sneakers)
This is in order to understand whether it is about sneakers or not.
I tried here to run one of my own OpenGL shares on non-primary monitors.
GLFW 3 was used as a windowing toolkit library, previously the glfwGetPrimaryMonitor function was used to determine the primary monitor, now I used glfwGetMonitors to get a list (array of pointers) of the connected monitors and alternately launched the program, creating a full-screen context, on the right and left monitors (I have three on desktop).
1) If you read the monitor parameters correctly (in this case, we are talking about the resolution). the context is launched absolutely correctly on the instructions of the monitor, while the rest DO NOT go out, but are not reinitialized and the content on them is available for mouse control (you can drag windows, work). ideally.
2) If you specify a non-native resolution at startup on the primary monitor, the entire output is reinitialized (all monitors go out, after which they turn on on the primary, the resolution for the rest changes. it remains the same). After closing the program, everything returns to square one using the same method of reinitialization.
3) If you specify a non-native resolution at startup on a non-primary monitor. a pipe, sneakers catch a glitch, all monitors show blackness while trying to draw something, but all this is Brutal artifacts. Solved only by restarting x.
In the third case, there is a bug. Perhaps a sneaker, or maybe something lower. Therefore, the application launched on the box must be in its native resolution, try to configure the game before launching to the desired.
If anyone understands the situation with multi-monitor configuration better. please comment.
Thanks for the clarification. Yes, something like this happens: when the game is launched on the second monitor, the first one goes out, but more often the problem is that the game starts stupidly on the first one. And yes, not always in the game you can clearly put down the resolution that is on the monitor. what to do then?
in halva I clearly set the second monik in the settings and its resolution. it starts especially in the first window.
Well, the only common solution that works in all cases in this situation is to programmatically turn off the monitor, play, then turn it back on =)
dodul look into the logs. there it is
[2776.316] (II) NVIDIA (GPU-0): Display (SAMSUNG (DFP-0)) does not support NVIDIA 3D Vision
[2776.316] (II) NVIDIA (GPU-0): stereo.
what does he want? 🙂
He doesn’t need anything, just a box of Plasma 3D Vision.
How to transfer a full screen game to a second monitor
Learning how to transfer a full screen game to a second monitor will make your gameplay very enjoyable. Let’s say you are an avid gamer and like to play while working on Multiple Files. Then it will be useful for you to use two monitors.
This article discusses several ways that can help you bring a full screen game to a second monitor to make it easier for you to play games and do more.
Follow the below methods to learn how to transfer a full screen game to a second monitor.
How to move the mouse to the second / primary monitor
When you are done with how to bring your full screen game to the second monitor, follow these short steps to get your mouse useful on the second monitor.
- Make sure the second monitor is still connected.
- Then move the cursor towards the game screen until it appears on the monitor.
- When done, the cursor will disappear from the secondary screen and display only the main game screen.
How to transfer a full screen game to a second monitor?
Switching to projector mode.
This method is one of the easiest. We’re going to set up displaying only the PC screen on the desktop.
- Connect a second monitor to your computer and launch the game you want to play.
- Then go to your desktop screen and press the Windows and P keys at the same time.
- Several options will be displayed, select PC Screen Only.
- Finally, your main display will turn off, but the game will continue to run on the second monitor.
If you want to return to your main display mode, all you have to do is repeat the steps above.
Set a second monitor as primary.
- First you connect a second monitor that you will use on your computer.
- Then go to the Windows menu by pressing the Windows key.
- When the Windows menu is displayed, you will see the search toolbar. enter Display options.
- You will see the Display Options icon among the returned search results. Click on it to open a new window.
- Click the Define button to find out how the displays are numbered.
- Click the “Define” button to see how the monitors are numbered and select the monitor on which the game should be displayed.
- Then scroll down to find the Multiple Displays option below.
- Click on it when you see it. The checkbox for Make this my primary display appears.
- Be sure to check the box to complete the procedure.
Transferring a Full Screen Game to a Second Monitor
After installing the second monitor as the main one, the next action follows. move the game to the main monitor.
- Launch the desired game you want to play and Minimize it.
- Use your mouse cursor to drag the game from the first monitor to the second / main monitor.
Hopefully the solutions discussed in this tutorial are really clear to you. Feel free to leave suggestions in the comments section.
Adjusting the mouse cursor transition from screen to screen when using two monitors
If the screen layout is incorrectly adjusted, the cursor moves from one monitor screen to a second monitor across the opposite side of the screen. How to fix?
Open Control Panel \ All Control Panel Items \ Display \ Screen Resolution
It is necessary to swap places 1 and 2 of the screen by simply dragging the mouse, we get:
2 and 1 monitor
If the monitors are stacked on top of each other, with the monitors vertically positioned with incorrect cursor movement:
two monitors on top of each other in windows 10 swap 1 and 2 monitor
The cursor now moves correctly!
The mouse goes to the second monitor during the game
In this case, the Actual MultIPle Monitors program will help download.
in the hotkey settings of this program there is an opportunity
- prevent mouse pointers from going outside the monitor or outside the window,
- there is also the opposite possibility. without minimizing the game, it moves the cursor to the second display.
or use the portable Dual Display Mouse Manager software download
Dual Display Mouse Manager
when starting DDMM, the mouse cursor is locked in the monitor window, allowing switching to the second (or third) monitor when holding down the Ctrl key.
In the screen settings, you can limit the transition line of the mouse cursor if Arrange screens in this way:
transition of the cursor to the second monitor only along the red line
Setting up the mouse when working on 2 monitors
For the convenience of working at the computer, use the additional functions when setting up the mouse.
2 screens, 2 keyboards and 2 mice (2 independent cursors)
ASTER program will help to launch such a configuration.
Additional mouse settings
Mouse pointer speed when working on two or more monitors.
If the mouse moves slowly across two screens.
For convenient work, set this parameter so that the movement of the hand moves the mouse cursor diagonally from one corner of the monitor to the opposite corner of the second monitor:
Everyone knows the standard settings. double-click opening, single-click selection. It is much more convenient to open files with a single click, and highlight hovering.
How to do it? We press the “Start” button. we find “Control Panel”. go to “Folders settings” (for Win7) or “Folder properties” (for WinXP) for Windows 10 is “Explorer Options”. and Changing “mouse click”. on ” open with one click, highlight with pointer. ” All. Click. Apply. OK
Open files with one click
The mouse cursor on the button by default will make navigation more convenient when working, for this, in the Control Panel, select “Mouse” and in the tab “Pointer parameters” check the box “The button is the default”.
You can see how this setting looks like on the example of Emptying the Trash. “Are you sure you want to delete this file?”. by default is confirmed by the cursor on the button “Yes”
Some computer viruses block windows and there are unpleasant moments when a window of some program opens, and the control buttons. OK or Cancel, etc., are outside the desktop; and the window cap does not allow moving the program window up and down or left and right. In this case, the KDE Mover-Sizer 2.8 program will help download (the program runs in the background)
holding the ALT key while holding down the left mouse button (LMB), you can move the window,
right click (RMB). resize the window;
the cursor must be anywhere inside the resizable window.
On computer2 monitors or computermonitortelevision systems, or when several windows are open on the desktop, add one more option. activate the window when you hover the mouse cursor over it.
To do this, click “Start”. Control Panel. All Programs. Standard. Accessibility. Accessibility Center. find “Making the mouse easier to use”. and in this window we put a daw on the item “Activate window on hover”. Apply. OK.