How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Android
How to send large video files from iPhone or iPad
If you want to transfer a large video from your iPhone, then you will not be able to use the familiar and convenient WhatsApp. Attachments in this messenger are limited to 16 MB. Slightly preferable would be the iMessage service, the permissible file size in which reaches 100 MB.
What other options do iOS device owners have??
The Mail Drop feature allows you to share files (including videos) up to 5GB via email using iCloud storage. If the file you are sending in the Mail app on your iPhone or iPad is larger than 25 MB, the app prompts you to use Mail Drop to deliver it. In this case, the attachment will be uploaded to iCloud (the main thing is that there is free space in the storage), and the link will be available to the user, which will be sent in the letter.
To send videos using Mail Drop, the iCloud service must be activated by going to Settings → “Your name” → iCloud. In addition, make sure you have free storage space along the path: Settings → “Your name” → iCloud → Manage storage.
How to send a large video using Mail Drop on iPhone or iPad
Open the Photos app and select the photo or video you want to send.
Click the Share icon and select Mail.
The Mail app opens with a draft email containing an attachment.
Click Use Mail Drop in the popup.
It is possible to use WeTransfer to send large video files up to 2 GB for free. Plus is 12 / month, but you can send files up to 20GB.
How to send large video files from Android or computer
If you need to send a large video file from your Android device, you can use the services of popular cloud storage providers: Google Drive (15 GB for free), Yandex.Disk (10 GB for free), Cloud (8 GB for free), Microsoft OneDrive and Apple iCloud (by 5 GB for free) or use services (applications) to transfer large files. The most convenient ones are:
How to send a large video from iPhone, iPad, Android, or computer
It would seem that with the growth of Internet speeds, sending large files should also become easier. In fact, the task is still difficult. The simplest solution is to send the file by email, it runs into the 25MB email size limit set by most service providers.
But this does not at all make the problem unsolvable. There are several easy ways to send large files (most often video) over the Internet anywhere in the world. Below we will explain how you can do this.
Why you can’t email a large video
We have already mentioned the limits of mail providers on the size of the letter. Most often, it cannot be more than 25 MB, and sometimes the limit is generally only 10 MB. However, modern smartphones shoot video in such a resolution and quality that the video in a few seconds already exceeds the specified limits. And the creation of a high-quality long-term recording will even more lead to the appearance of a file of impressive size. But don’t worry. Even with the condition of limiting the size of the letter, it is possible to send a large file by mail. Of course, you can create an archive of several parts and send them one by one in each message, but there is a faster way. use the cloud storage and send a link to the downloaded video by email or in instant messengers.
The free version of this app allows you to send files up to 25MB, while a 40 annual Pro plan will increase the limit to 1GB.
Downloading a video from iPhone to your computer using a proprietary application is no more difficult than finding out your Apple ID. A user who wants to transfer a video to a PC must:
- Launch the application and, if required, log in to it.
- Connect iPhone and wait for the app to detect the device. At this stage, in no case need to start the synchronization process. otherwise the videos stored on the iPhone may be deleted.
- Find the section “On my device”, go to the subsection “Movies” or another, where the video can be stored, and transfer the file from the iPhone to the hard drive of the computer.
Tip: If iPhone does not connect to your computer via USB, you can try connecting the devices over Wi-Fi by allowing the appropriate action in iPhone Settings.
Memory card adapter
Finally, you can copy a video from an iPhone to a computer using a special device that allows you to connect a microSD to your phone or, depending on the modification, even a USB flash drive.
- Place the required video in any directory in the internal memory of the iPhone, and then copy it to the memory card. Remove media from iPhone, connect to PC.
Tip: if the iPhone does not detect the connected memory card, you should try to reformat it. change NTFS to FAT32 or ex-FAT.
To download a video from an iPhone to a computer using Apple’s cloud service, the user needs:
- And by entering your Apple ID account information in the appropriate fields.
- Open one of the directories shared with the cloud storage that appeared in Explorer.
- Find your video and copy it to any other directory on your PC.
- If the folder is empty or you can’t reset the video, you should check if you are logged in to your iCloud account by opening the “Settings” of your phone and going to the “Accounts” section. it’s as easy as clearing your iPhone completely.
Note: you can also perform the opposite task using the iCloud cloud service. upload a video from a computer to an iPhone.
How to Transfer Videos from iPhone to Computer?
The owner of a device from Apple Inc., who knows how to download a movie to an iPad or iPhone, and who has already learned how to use a file manager, no doubt knows how to shoot video with a camera. and, quite possibly, does it as well as professionals. Then a new task arises: to prevent the iPhone’s memory from overflowing, from time to time transfer files to the computer. We will talk about the simplest ways to resolve the issue.
This option may not work with the most recent generations of iOS, but older devices still allow you to download videos from iPhone without any “intermediate links” without problems. The iPhone owner must:
- Connect the device to a PC using a USB cable, then wait until it is recognized by the operating system and go to the DCIM folder.
Advice: first, the user needs to make sure that the video is on the device in the specified folder. and, if it is not there, transfer it to Apple 100 using any available file manager.
It will be possible to transfer video from iPhone to computer using proprietary services: iTunes and iCloud. For older generations of iOS, direct device connection with Windows Explorer is available. If you have an adapter for memory cards, you can first copy the file to a microSD or USB flash drive, and then to any directory on your PC.
Through cloud storage
The iCloud service, familiar to users of apple technology, will not help in this case. It works only inside the iOS file system and is suitable for backups when switching to a new gadget from Apple.
Cloud drives from Google or Yandex are another matter. Developer programs can be easily installed on one or another platform, so transferring data from iPhone to Android in this case will not be a problem.
Regarding security, both vaults are in good standing
Cloud services offer users up to 50 GB of storage space for their files. You can easily upload all your multimedia files here, and then log in to the drive on Android and download them to your phone. They work both ways, so porting from Android to iOS is also easy.
For your information! Through the clouds “Google” and “Yandex” you can transfer all your contacts, calendars, addresses, notes, etc.
How to transfer browser bookmarks from iPhone to Android
Most often, the owners of iPhones sit through the branded Safari or Google Chrome browser. With prolonged use, the application becomes overgrown with bookmarks, extensions and other personalization.
Starting from scratch in this regard is also not handy. Therefore, you need to take care of moving the browser data to the new phone. If Google Chrome was used, then everything is much easier. Need to:
- Install GC on Android phone (usually pre-installed).
- Log into it and log in to the same Google account that was used on the iPhone.
- Then go to the “Settings” of the browser and click on “Synchronization”.
- Click on “Enable”.
By enabling synchronization on all devices, the user can continue to work on any gadget
In the case of Safari, a few new items are added. Since this browser does not exist on Android, you will have to import bookmarks into any other, for example, in Chrome:
- Download to PC utility “iCloud Control Panel”.
- Launch the program and log in with Apple ID.
- Check the box next to the “Bookmarks”.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Select “Google Chrome”.
- Click on “Apply”.
- Agree to download the iCloud extension.
After that, repeat the same as above, and all bookmarks and data about the work in the browser will be in the application on Android. By the way, the same can be done for Firefox.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to Android
The debate about which is better. iOS or Android will never subside. And everyone would be happy to see the advantages and disadvantages of both, but after all, switching from one platform to another is fraught with the loss of all your applications, photos, notes, bookmarks, and so on. Actually transferring data from iPhone to Android is possible. How to do this is below.
How to Transfer Music from iPhone to Android
Following the path of least resistance, the easiest option would be to transfer music from the iPhone to the iTunes library, then download it to a PC, and from there transfer it to an Android smartphone.
- Install iTunes on your computer, if not.
- Connect iPhone to PC via USB and wait for the program to communicate with the phone.
- Then go to “File” in the panel at the top.
- Find the “Devices” section.
- Select “Transfer purchases from iPhone”.
The user will still be able to listen to the purchased tracks through the iTunes library on the PC
After that, the playlists will be in the iTunes library (it will take some time depending on the amount of music). From there, you can transfer tracks to your computer:
- In iTunes go to the “Library” section.
- Music tab.
- Click “Recently Added”.
- Select the desired tracks and click on “Download”.
After that, the system will create a folder on the disk at C:. Users. Username. My Music. iTunes. If you used a MacBook, then you can find audio recordings in the “Music” program.
Important! In this and any other case, it will be possible to download only the music that the user bought from the iTunes Store. In the rest, you will be able to copy your playlists only from pirated services.
How to Transfer Notes and Calendar from iPhone to Android
Now about the most pressing pain of many defectors. Now a smartphone is not just a toy, but a real organizer, where users store documents, schedules, contacts, drive in information about meetings, etc. This is what is most often lost during the transition.
This data can also be transferred to Android. over, they will also be built into the functionality of local applications. There are two ways. through a service from “Google” or using “Yandex”.
Recently, a domestic developer offered a service called Yandex.Move. To “move”, you need:
- Install Yandex.Disk application on iPhone.
- Log in and click “Next”.
- After that go to “Settings” in the application.
- Click on “Moving from phone to phone”.
- Click on “Start transfer”.
- In the input field, generate any memorable password that you will need later.
- After that, a similar application is installed on an Android smartphone.
- Go to the section “Transfer from phone to phone”.
- There will be a field for the previously generated code. Introduce.
- Click “Start Transfer”.
Now even the log will have lists of incoming and outgoing calls that were made on the iPhone.
It will be possible to use the calendar from “Google” on any device after the authorization of the account
If you don’t want to cooperate with Yandex, you can move information to Android like this:
- Go to iCloud.
- See if synchronization with “Calendar” is enabled or not. If not, check the box next to it and wait a couple of minutes while the data is transferred to the backup.
- On a PC, go to iCloud.com and log in to Apple ID.
- Click on “Calendar”.
- Select “Share Calendar” from the left pane.
- Check the box next to the “Open calendar”.
- Get link in the box next to.
- Immediately in a new tab, insert the link and change in the address “webcal” to the usual “http” and confirm with the “Enter” key. The download of the file with a copy of the data from the calendar will start.
- Go to Google Calendars.
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Click on “” and then “Import”.
After that, it remains to select the previously downloaded file. The service will format the data for its interface. You just need to download the Google Calendars application to your smartphone and synchronize the devices (asks for the first activation).
You can try your luck via PC. Fortunately, both operating systems are recognized by most computers (meaning Mac X OS and Windows). That is, you can use a MacBook or a regular laptop of any brand.
Since there is a Windows PC in almost every home, the following instruction will be based on their example. By the way, Mac X OS users can easily carry out the procedure.
- Connect both phones to PC via USB.
- Wait for the characteristic sound signal. If the gadgets are connected for the first time, you may need to additionally wait for the drivers to be installed (this happens automatically if you have an Internet connection).
- Next go to “My Computer”.
- In the “Portable devices” section (at the very bottom) both gadgets should be.
- For convenience, open the shortcut of each smartphone in a separate window (RMB and “Open in a new window”).
After that, in the iPhone window, it remains to browse all the folders in search of the necessary data and, by ordinary drag and drop or “copy-paste”, transfer the necessary media files. This method will not allow you to transfer notes, browser bookmarks, contacts, etc. How to do this will be below.
Important! If there are shortcuts to smartphones in the “Portable Devices” section, but when you open them there are no files inside, you need to go to the USB connection settings and enable data transfer.
How to Transfer Apps from iPhone to Android
But with applications, nothing will work. After all, Android and iOS are too different platforms with their own file system protocols.
This is especially bad news for those who have paid apps installed. Here is a small remark. It is bad if the program is not presented on a competitive platform. If it is, then usually the developers provide for an authorized subscription. Another thing is that you will not find branded applications from the App Store in the Play Market.
How to Transfer Photo videos from iPhone to Android Step by Step Process
But in fairness, 90% of all applications used by the average user are on one or the other OS. The same WhatsApp, VK, Telegram, etc. If something is still missing, just enter the name of the application in Google with the prefix “alternative on Android”.
than 25 billion applications are downloaded from the Play Market every year
Moving to a new platform without losing data
When a “move” is made from one system to the second, the user figuratively packs his suitcases with all the media files, contact information, reminders, calendars and other valuables.
But how to transfer messages from “iPhone” to “Android”? In the form in which they are displayed on an iOS device, messages are not readable in any way on the Android OS. Next, we will look at how and in what format to convert messages for migration from one system to another.
How to copy files from one device to another?
You can copy files from “iPhone” to “Android” from both Windows and Mac.
- For Windows, you need to connect your iPhone to your PC. Then you need to go to the “My Computer” folder and find the iPhone there. Then we double-click on it with the left mouse button and find all our media files on the device, then copy them to the folder created in advance on the desktop of the personal computer. After that, the copied files are transferred to a smartphone or tablet with the Android operating system in the same way.
- For Mac OS, you also need to connect the Apple smartphone to the PC at the very beginning, then open the application called “Image Capture”. After that, the user must click on the “Download All” button and export everything to the previously created folder on the desktop. With such a simple action, all the necessary files will be transferred, now you can start the process of copying them to a device with Android OS.
Method number 1. iclaud.com
There are four ways to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android:
This method of action, such as transferring contacts from “iPhone” to “Android”, is ideal for both new smartphones and cell phones of the “last century”.
How to transfer all information from “iPhone” to “Android”?
Quite often, recently, users of Apple gadgets have a desire to test the quality of work of analogues based on the Android operating system. In this publication, you, dear readers, will find the answer to the question: “How to transfer all data from” iPhone “to” Android “?
There can be many reasons for changing one OS to another, but the transition process should be as simple as possible. This means that you will need to transfer all user files (music, photos and videos), contact information, received messages, reminders and calendar events.
Method number 2. My Contacts Backup
To complete the transfer of contacts, you need to take a few simple steps:
- First of all, as you already understood, you should download and install the My Contacts Backup application and allow it to access the contacts of the iPhone smartphone.
- Next, click on the green Backup button and wait for the process to complete.
- Then you need to click on the E-mail button and send a vcf file to your mail.
- Download a vcf file from mail and run it, while the export of contacts will occur automatically.
Method number 4. CardDAV
Another way on how to transfer contact information from “iPhone” to “Android”. this is the use of a special CardDAV application and a server, of course, iCloud.
- From Google Play to a gadget with Android OS, you need to install an application named CardDAV.
- In the full list of accounts, select the CardDAV application and click on its launch.
- As a server, you need to use a p02-contacts.icloud.com record. In the “Username” and “User password” fields, enter the account information with the Apple ID. Click the “Next” command.
- We synchronize contact information from the server to the phone, then click “Finish”.
- During the synchronization process, contacts are automatically transferred to the memory of our new smartphone.
The idea of the above proposed method of how to transfer numbers from “iPhone” to “Android” is to directly export your contacts from the Apple server.
Transferring notes from “apple” to “Android” through the Gmail service
Today, perhaps, there is no such person who has not used Google. And, most likely, Google will be the easiest way to transfer notes between iPhone and Android. With the Google Sync app, you can sync your iPhone with Gmail in minutes. After establishing a full-fledged working connection, it becomes possible to synchronize notes, calendars, photo and video files, contacts with your Gmail account.
After you complete these simple tricks, the notes from the iPhone are automatically transferred through your Gmail account and will be displayed as Notes. Now all that remains is to log in on a new gadget with the Android operating system under your Gmail account.
That’s all! These are the easiest ways to transfer information from “iPhone” to “Android”.
Transferring SMS Messages from “iPhone” to “Android” Using iTunes
Before transferring SMS messages from Apple to Android, you need to extract them. To do this, you need to connect your iPhone to a personal computer via a USB cable.
Then you need to open the iTunes application. When you connect the device, you will see a button with the iOS logo, which is located on the top panel, it just needs to be pressed. In this way, the backup process will automatically start, and the message Summary will appear on the screen.
Upon completion, on the PC, you need to find the exported file with SMS messages, it looks like this: 3d0d7e5fb2ce288813306e4d4636395e047a3d28. The file is usually located in the most recent folder.
The found file must be copied to the Android device as well.
Then perform the conversion using the free iSMS2droid service. To do this, you need to follow the link https://isms2droid.com/ in the browser, follow the step-by-step instructions, click “Select SMS database in iPhone”, load the previously copied backup file with SMS messages.
The display will show the conversion process, after which you will need to download the SMS Backup Restore utility and only then start the SMS recovery process on the device with “Android” OS.
How to transfer Viber to Android from iPhone
Viber is an irreplaceable and popular application for any smartphone. With the help of Viber, you can communicate with any users for free. The function of both calls and messages is available to you. Also in Viber it is very convenient to exchange files of different formats. photos, pictures, videos, documents. But what if you decide or have to switch your phone from iOS to Android? Is it possible to transfer not only contacts, but also message history from iPhone to another phone running on Android platform?
Viber transfer order
We found out that the data from Viber can be transferred to another device under the same account. However, this can be done only if certain conditions are met, without which the restoration of correspondence will be impossible. Below are two methods applied from iPhone to Android.
Making a backup
The easiest and most convenient way is to create a backup in Viber on an iPhone, that is, an old device. But you should know that Viber does not automatically save your correspondence, if you have not previously activated this function. How the autosave chat history function works:
- You enter the application.
- Go to the settings menu through the “” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose “Account”.
- In the list of tasks you will see the button “Backup”.
If this function is active and the period of regularity of updating the archive of correspondence is specified. a month, a week, a day, then it means that you can restore data from this copy at any time. This can be done as follows:
How To EASILY Transfer Videos From iPhone To Android!
- You download and install the Viber app on a new Android device.
- Open the application and go into it under your account data. indicate your mobile phone number.
- When the app loads, your chats will be all empty.
- Go to the settings menu via “”.
- Select the item “Account”.
- Next “Backup”, “Restore”.
- You are waiting for the archive to be unloaded, and on the main page “Chats” you can see the history of correspondence with other users.
Therefore, if you have not yet deleted Viber on your old device, then before installing it on Android, first create a backup copy of your data.
Recover messages on a new device
Any iPhone requires an iCloud account. This particular box is the only one with which Apple cooperates. The phone data is registered on this server. Also, iCloud has a storage where you can synchronize the necessary information from your smartphone, including the history in Viber. In order to later use this data on another device, for example, on an Android phone, you need to set up copying to storage on a working phone in advance. So, before you delete Viber on iPhone, check the following steps:
- Go to “Settings” on iPhone.
- Go to the “Passwords and Accounts” section.
- Choose “iCloud”.
- Go down and go to iCloud Drive.
- See if the Viber app is activated.
- If the lever shines green opposite the name of the application, it means that the data from Viber is archived in the iCloud storage, and if not, then activate.
It is impossible to download data from iCloud storage and transfer it to Viber to a device with another operating system, only on iOS.
What’s the way out for a new Android phone? For transferring from iPhone to Android, Viber history via cloud storage is possible only if you send the archived correspondence to the mail. This is also done through Viber, “Settings”, “Account”, “Backup” and “Send chat history”. Click on this button and enter your email address. Other methods have not yet been invented. Despite the fact that such an archived file in the mail cannot be transferred to Viber and display the correspondence in chats, but you can find important information in messages.
Is it possible to transfer Viber from iPhone to Android
You changed your phone, and when you installed Viber on a new device, your account was empty: no call history, no messages, no media files. It’s good if this question is not important to you and there is no valuable information in your chats. And if you missed something important or just want to establish the same convenient workflow in Viber, then what should you do then? Regardless of which phone you are switching to, it is quite possible to transfer your chats, but for this, the correspondence had to be previously saved in a backup.
How to transfer media files
Another feature of Viber backup is that data is transferred only in the form of text messages. This means that it will not be possible to recover pictures, photos and videos. Therefore, if you plan to switch to another phone, then save the necessary files on the device manually in advance. open the full screen photo or video, and through the “Share” icon, click “Save on device”. And then from the iPhone you can send the saved files to a new phone via mail, social networks or another messenger.
Transferring SMS and MMS messages
Transferring text messages is usually the most difficult and volatile process. The best option for this task is the SMS Backup Restore app. It downloads messages to the microSD card, if there is one on the smartphone. Alternatively, you can transfer SMS to a computer and then use the application to restore them on a new smartphone by connecting it to the computer. Testing has shown that the program copes with its work and all messages are successfully moved. Detailed instructions for working with the software are presented in the article. How to transfer SMS.
It is best to stop using SMS and MMS services altogether and switch to third-party instant messengers. For example, in Messenger, all you need to do is simply sign in to your account and all your messages will be at your fingertips. The same can be said for WhatsApp, Viber and others.
You should not erase data on an old smartphone until a new one is set up. Thus, all data will always be at your fingertips.
Transferring information between Android devices from the same manufacturer
How to transfer data from Android to Android in this case? After all, many users always buy a novelty from their favorite brand if their model is already outdated.
Fortunately, manufacturers of Android smartphones do not sit idly by and are developing special software designed to easily and quickly copy data from the memory of one device to the memory of another.
Transfer data from one Android device to another: move seamlessly
Got a new Android device? Well, congratulations. Most likely, now you will want to transfer data and files from your old device to it. As practice shows, transferring photos, music and videos is not at all difficult. Sometimes users face some difficulties in those cases when there is a question about transferring other information, or rather, contacts and installed applications. But depending on the device used, you can solve the problem with built-in or third-party tools, which you will learn about later.
Option one. Using the Internet and your Google account
All you need to do is register a Google account and log in to it from your device, on which “Backup” and “Automatic recovery” should be enabled in the settings. After that, all contacts from the phone book will be automatically added to your account. If you log into your account from another device, for example, a new one, the previously saved contacts in the account will be copied to the phone book. Convenient and simple.
Using universal programs to solve the problem
I would like to separately mention CLONEit. Batch Copy All Data. The program can transfer different types of mobile data in just a few simple steps. Among them:
- Contact details;
- SMS and MMS;
- Call log;
- Program data and programs themselves;
- System settings and more.
CLONEit. Batch Copy All Data can move more than 10 types of mobile data.
Step-by-step instructions on how to work with CLONEit. Batch Copy All Data:
- Install it on both Android devices and run.
- On the old phone, you need to press the “Sender” button. and on the new one, “Receiver”.
- After the gadgets find each other and establish a connection with each other, the user will have the opportunity to select the mobile data that needs to be transferred.
- To start the process, you need to press the “CLONEit” button.
Owners of Samsung smartphones can use a special utility “Smart Switch” to transfer information. The utility is capable of transferring contacts, notes, calendars, photos, videos and more.
Any Android device running version 4.0 and higher can be used as a migration source.
A special application “LG Backup” has been developed for LG devices. which can export almost any kind of user data. The only thing that may upset many is limited support, since using this utility you can transfer data only if the device used for migration is running Android JellyBean.
Perhaps one of the best backup and data transfer apps out there is Xperia Transfer Mobile. which allows the owner of Sony smartphones to easily exchange data between a variety of devices. Almost all smartphones and tablets are supported.
Owners of smartphones from HTC have access to an excellent utility. “Transfer Tool”. thanks to which you can quickly and easily transfer all SMS messages, notes, calendar schedules and other important information from one device to another. This application uses a wireless protocol called “Wi-Fi Direct” to transfer data.
Even a beginner can understand the application. You can install it on any Android device, but you can transfer data only to smartphones and tablets from HTC. It requires an operating system version 2.3 or higher.
Backup as a migration method
First, make sure you are signed in to your Google account on your Android smartphone. Open “Settings” and go to the “Recovery and reset” section (on different models this section may have different names).
Make sure the Data Backup and AutoRecover settings are enabled. and that the smartphone is associated with a Google account.
These settings ensure that app data, Wi-Fi passwords, and smartphone settings are sent to Google’s servers. They will be available to you when you log into your account on a new smartphone. Thanks to this, you do not have to re-enter passwords for networks that you have already saved. Of course, Google will know all your Wi-Fi passwords at the same time, but this hardly scares anyone.
If you have a Samsung device, you can use the “Back up data” option on your Samsung account. Text messages, phone logs, contacts, mail accounts that you used in Samsung applications will be saved here. You can make a choice: for example, choose a Google account to sync contacts, mail and photos, but at the same time save text and call records to your Samsung account, since Google does not have this option.
Transfer contacts manually from iphone to Android
The easiest way to transfer contacts from iphone to Android is to do it manually. To do this, go to the phone book, select an entry, scroll to the end and click on the “Share Contact” item. Then choose a convenient method of sending: via SMS or e-mail. And on the second smartphone, save the entry to the telephone directory.
The advantage of manually transferring contacts is simplicity. The user does not need to use a computer or additional programs. It is also a convenient way if you want to forward only certain contacts.
The disadvantage is sending one number at a time. As a result, the number of entries in the phone book affects the time of transferring contacts. Therefore, this method of transferring contacts from iPhone to Android is recommended for users with a small base of phone numbers.
Gmail data sync
Android owners are aware that phonebook data is synced using a Gmail account. This easy method is also available to ios users.
Before synchronizing data using Gmail, it is worth doing a number of simple steps:
- We go to the settings and in the “iCloud” item we turn off the synchronization of directory contacts.
- Open the item “accounts”, enter the data of the google account and click on.
- In the window that appears, confirm the synchronization of contacts by checking the switch opposite the corresponding item.
If you have added a google account, follow only the first and third steps. Then sync the data on your Android device in the “Accounts and sync” settings section.
The advantage of this method is simplicity, no need for a PC or additional programs. It is also an easy way to transfer a large database of phone numbers. In addition, subsequent saving on one or several devices is not required, which significantly saves time.
The main disadvantage is the shuffling of the list of phonebook numbers if you have previously synchronized with another device. Also, the numbers are copied completely, and unnecessary or unwanted contacts will have to be deleted manually.
Transferring Contacts to Android Using the My Contacts Backup App
This method of transferring records from iPhone to Android is similar to the previous one, and to export, an iphone smartphone and the installed My Contacts Backup program are enough. Users will also like the method due to its simplicity, as well as the absence of the need for a computer.
The procedure for exporting contacts from iphone to Android is as follows:
The resulting directory file must be sent to the Android device and run to import contacts. If the automatic recovery process does not occur, the previous section describes how to import manually.
The advantage of the method is its ease of use. In addition, no computer or Google services are required. Disadvantage. the free version of the application allows you to save up to 500 contacts. Full version required to remove restrictions.
Transfer Contacts to Android via iTunes
If, when transferring the phone book, you need to save extended contact data: photos, e-mail, additional numbers or notes, you need to save contacts using iTunes. You will also need a computer with the installed program.
The procedure for transferring contacts is very simple:
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Connect Apple smartphone to PC using a sync cable.
- Select device in iTunes for details.
- In the displayed list, select the item “Information”.
- Mark with a tick in the item “sync contacts” that appears on the right. In the drop-down list, select the item “Google Contacts”.
- Enter your Google account information and confirm the action. Allow syncing phone contacts in Android.
The main advantage of transferring contacts via iTunes is saving records with extended information that does not need to be filled in manually. Disadvantage. requires a computer with iTunes installed.
This requires the following series of operations:
- Make sure that the contact sync option is activated on the device. To do this, you need to go to the iCloud item, in the settings section. The switch opposite the “contacts” item must be active.
- Open a web browser on your computer and go to www.icloud.com. Enter Apple ID details and sign in to iCloud.
- Click on the “Contacts” shortcut. In the list that appears, select “All contacts”.
- We select the list of numbers. If you need to copy the contacts of the entire phone book, click on any number from the central column and hold down the CTRLA keys on the keyboard if Windows is used or CMDA if it’s MAC.
- Next, click on the shortcut in the form of a gear and select the item “Export vCard” in the list, after which the file will automatically download to the computer disk.
The downloaded file must be transferred to the Android memory card of a smartphone or tablet, and then run from the file manager. Contacts will be automatically imported into the phone book. If this did not happen, then you need to open the “Contacts” application, select Import / Export from the drop-down list. Next, select the import source: from an SD card or external media. After select save to phone.
The advantage of this method is to transfer contacts to a device with missing Google services. Among the shortcomings, one should highlight the presence of a computer with an Internet connection.