How to turn off iPhone xp where to press
How to turn iPhone on and off?
And again we return to the topic of discussion of one of the most popular smartphones of the last few years. I think it’s no secret that iPhone smartphones are very popular in Russia. Many users who purchased this device for the first time often ask questions regarding the use of the phone. One of them sounds like this: how to turn the iPhone on and off? Believe it or not, it’s incredibly simple to do it.
Take your phone in hand. At the top of it, you will see the Power button. Click on it and hold for a few seconds until the screen shows the first signs of life. As soon as a bitten apple appears on it, you can release the button. Now it only remains to wait a little (literally a few seconds), as the device will be loaded and ready to work. Actually, that’s all, nothing else is required of you.
If suddenly for some reason the device refuses to start, try this. As you know, the iPhone has two main buttons: Power, which is located at the top of the screen, and Home, which is located on the front of the device. You need to hold down both of these buttons for about 10-20 seconds to restart the smartphone. It is quite possible that if the gadget did not want to boot by pressing the Power button, it will boot after holding the indicated buttons. If it does not work, try holding the buttons down for a longer time (40-60 seconds).
In order to turn off the iPhone, you will need to hold down the Power button for a few seconds, after which a kind of window will appear on the screen. Swipe over the “Slide to power off” and the device will be turned off within a few seconds.
At the same time, you should not turn off the gadget by simultaneously pressing the Home and Power buttons, so this does not turn off the smartphone, but only reboots it.
Everything described above applies to absolutely all iPhones that have been released until now: 3G, 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5S. As for the iPhone 6, nothing will change in this regard, except that the Power button will be on the side instead of the top of the device.
How to turn off iPhone if the Power button or screen isn’t working?
Let’s look at two fairly common cases. If the Power button does not work, then turning off the device will not work so easily. You will need to install an application that allows you to turn off your smartphone without pressing the Power button. You can find it in iTunes. You will most likely have to turn on the iPhone using such an unusual method: connect it to the charger and it turns on.
If the screen does not work, that is, the sensor, then you will not be able to turn off the phone at all, unless you wait until the battery runs out. But turning it on will not be a problem.
Comments on the entry “How to turn the iPhone on and off?
Yeah, if the button is turned off, then write it away
No, you can use applications to reboot from the app store.
Or put it on charge, it will turn on by itself
All is well, only for some reason the reboot does not work. I hold the buttons for 2 minutes and still there is no result.
Can not be. Apparently, something happened to the buttons themselves.
I did not know about the home and paver buttons! really reboots! cool.
If the power button doesn’t work, what to do?
In the app store, look for applications to disable the iPhone, there are a lot of them. But here’s how to turn it on later. a question)
turn on. just insert the charger and charge
the phone turned off, but the power button does not work (broken, usually the shortcut icon was used), how to turn it on without a button?
But what if the sensor does not work and, when connected to aytyuness, to update the system, it says to turn off find the iPhone? How to turn it off if the sensor does not work? who knows, tell me
I have an iPhone 3, I hold the Power button for 3-4 minutes, and still zero reaction.
Turn off iPhone 10 using buttons
The iPhone 10 does not have a Sleep / Wake key. Now pressing the side Power button blocks or wakes up the gadget, 2 clicks opens Apple Pay, and holding this key activates Siri. There was simply no room for the shutdown option, and Apple has identified a new way to turn off the iPhone X without going to the main menu. For this you need:
- Simultaneously press and hold the side Power button and one of the volume buttons for a couple of seconds.
- On the screen that opens with the iPhone mute slider, slide your finger across the slider from left to right to turn off the gadget.
If you just press and release the power and volume buttons, the shutdown slider will not appear, but you will get a screenshot of the screen.
Shutting down iPhone X through settings
In iOS 11, the developers added the ability to turn off iPhone 10 through Settings. You can send your smartphone to rest in the following way:
- In “Settings” go to the section “Basic”.
- Scroll through the menu to the end and select the “Disable” option located at the bottom of the screen.
- On the screen that opens, swipe the shutdown slider to the left.
These actions will turn off the gadget.
Shutdown via the “Emergency SOS” panel
Users will find it helpful to learn how to disable iPhone 10 using non-standard methods. This option exists. Pressing the side Power button five times will open the emergency panel. On the screen, in addition to the “Emergency SOS” and “Medical Card” sliders, there is also an iPhone shutdown slider.
This method is interesting in that you can turn off the gadget even from the locked screen without checks on Face and Touch ID.
How to turn off iPhone X
Apple’s new flagship surprised apple fans by the lack of a Home button. Therefore, all actions on a smartphone are performed differently than on previous versions. The functions of the buttons have also changed, and users have a lot of questions. One of them is how to turn off the iPhone 10. Developers traditionally insured themselves against a mechanical button failure and offered several options for turning off the gadget.
How to use Assistive Touch to turn off iPhone X
In case one of the buttons does not work, the developers have provided the ability to disable the iPhone X using the software shell. The smartphone owner is invited to use the Assistive Touch system tool used for control. How to turn off iPhone 10:
- In the “Settings” go to the “General” section and select “Universal access”.
- Activate AssistiveTouch by moving the slider.
- On the opened widget with function keys, click on the “Apparatus” icon.
- Keep your finger on the “Lock” icon until the screen turns black.
- Swipe left on the shutdown slider that appears.
The smartphone will be completely disabled. The options discussed will help turn off the iPhone X in any circumstance.
Restart iPhone to Standard Mode
The standard way to restart iPhone if the screen doesn’t work:
- Press and hold the Power button in the upper part of the case for 2-3 seconds.
- The display will show “Switch off”.
- Swipe from left to right in the direction of the pointer.
- If everything is done correctly, the device will turn off.
- To return it to working condition, you must again hold down the Power button.
This method is safe for all files and applications downloaded to the phone.
- Go to “Settings”, “General”, then to “Accessibility”.
- Activate the “Bold” button.
- Next, the phone will offer to reboot, it must be done.
How to turn off iPhone if it is frozen and the screen is not working
The article discusses in detail the options for answering the question of how to turn off the iPhone if it freezes. The described reboot methods are suitable for any model and version of the smartphone.
Sometimes Apple gadgets turn off spontaneously. This often happens with outdated models or in severe frost. The phone does not respond when the buttons are held down and the screen remains black.
A frightened user often asks how to turn off the iPhone if it freezes. Below is a list of effective ways to get your smartphone out of a frozen state.
Hard reboot device
IPhone users can observe a complete freeze of the gadget, when neither pressing the buttons nor touching the screen gives a result. How to restart iPhone if the screen is frozen and not working:
- On iPhone 4/5/6/7, you need to hold down two buttons at once. Home and Power.
- Some smartphone models respond to a different key combination. Power and the volume down button.
- Hold them for 10-15 seconds.
- Release the keys and wait for the “apple” on the screen.
- If the logo does not appear, repeat all the steps again, hold the keys for 20-30 seconds.
- To turn on the gadget, you need to hold down the power button for a long time.
This method forcibly shuts down the device, so some files may be lost. You should resort to hard reboot only if there are no other options.
Non-standard ways to reboot the device
There are other, more original methods to restart the iPhone:
Shutting down iPhone without buttons
There is a way to restart iPhone if the screen is not working without using a keyboard shortcut. To do this, you need to connect the Assistive Touch function:
- Find in the “Settings” tab “General”, “Accessibility”.
- Make a function active.
- Click on the display within the function.
- A menu will appear on the desktop, you must select the “Lock Screen” icon.
- The device will turn off after pressing the standard key combination.
- Turn on the gadget.
Restart iPhone if the screen isn’t working, possibly without erasing all information from it. To do this, a soft reboot of the device is performed:
- Hold down the Home and Power buttons.
- Hold the buttons for 5-6 seconds until the display turns off.
- Without waiting for the Apple logo to appear on the screen, release the button.
- Include following the standard method.
How to put iPhone XS and XR into Recovery Mode
Recovery mode means recovery. Sometimes the user may need it too, so it is worth knowing how to correctly enter the phone into this state. The procedure includes the following steps:
- ITunes is installed on the computer. It is important to select the latest version of this software.
- Connect iPhone (iPad) XS or XR to a computer using a cable, open iTunes.
- Press the volume up button and release.
- Repeat the action with the volume down key.
- Press and hold the Power button while the restart is in progress. Release after the iTunes connection screen appears.
- Then you will be prompted to update or restore the device.
If using a computer, you need the iTunes app
To turn off Recovery Mode, you need to hold down the Power button until the iTunes Connect screen disappears. It is important to perform all actions quickly and follow the necessary sequence.
How to force shutdown iPhone 7
Unfortunately, it is not uncommon to have to reboot different iPhone models, including the 7 or 7 Plus version. The method using the Home button will also not work in this case, because in this version Apple also changed the physical button under the screen to a touch button, which can also freeze. What to do in such a case?
It is proposed to carry out the following actions:
- Hold down the on / off Power button, which is on the right.
- Without releasing, press the volume down button located on the left.
- It is necessary to keep the keys pressed until the apple icon appears on the screen.
This combination is quite simple, the main thing is to perform all actions sequentially.
How to put iPhone XS / XR into DFU mode
DFU mode is used when the phone does not boot the iOS system. This function allows you to restore the normal operation of the smartphone. To do this, follow these steps:
- ITunes must be installed on your computer.
- Connect iPhone x er or x es to your computer using Lightning (this is a cable) and do not disconnect until the end of the work.
- Press the volume up button, release.
- Do the same with the volume down key.
- Press the Power key and hold it in this state for 10 seconds, the screen should turn black.
- Simultaneously hold Power and hold down the volume down keys for 5 seconds, then remove your finger from Power, and hold the volume for 10 seconds. If everything is done correctly, the screen remains black.
- Next, open iTunes, information should appear that the recovery has begun. Action needs to be confirmed.
Important! All actions must be performed quickly and in order to get the desired result.
An apple icon will appear on the screen, which means everything went well
How to turn off iPhone XR or XS. instructions
Often, iPhone users have a problem. they can’t turn it off, they just don’t know how to do it. The fact is that in the new versions. XS / XR. a completely different device, a standard reboot will not help in this case. Frameless iPhones are distinguished by a modified interface, which often becomes a problem for the user. They lack buttons, and standard combinations do not work, Siri is also useless. The question naturally arises, how to turn off the iPhone XR.
How to Force Restart iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, or iPhone SE
Older iPhones (6s, 6s Plus, or SE) may also require a reboot. This may be necessary in the event of a software update or some errors.
In order to turn off and turn on the phone, you need to do the following:
- You need to press the power button (located on the sides of the device or on top of the iPad) and hold it for a few seconds.
- The screen will display: “Slide to Power Off”.
- After performing this action, the smartphone will turn off.
- To turn on the device, you need to press this key again.
- The machine may ask you to enter a password even if you have only used your fingerprint before.
It is recommended to take your time and carry out all actions sequentially in order to get the desired result.
Force restarting iPhones of this model is a simple process:
- Hold down the home key (there is one on the front panel) and the power off button at the same time.
- Do not release the buttons until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- After that, press the keys and let the device restart.
- Enter a password, even if previously identified with a fingerprint.
Such a shutdown helps to cope with many problems when the device stops responding to any action. If all the steps are done correctly, the iPhone should be restored.
How to force shutdown or restart iPhone X, XS, XR
In some situations, it may be necessary to force or urgently restart and turn off the iPhone (iPad, iPod). Most often, this is necessary when the device freezes for any reason and does not want to work normally.
There are two options for restarting a smartphone. soft and hard. In fact, they are one and the same, however, there are several nuances that you should pay attention to:
- A soft reset is possible if the device continues to respond to pressing. The action is applicable when updating the software, to clear memory and to shutdown background applications.
- A hard reset is required when the device does not respond to anything and freezes. iPhone has to be forcibly turned off and then on.
To restart the device if the application crashes or the headset does not connect, you must do the following:
- Press and immediately release the volume up button.
- Repeat similar actions with the volume down button.
- Next, you need to press the power button and hold it in this position for a while, until the product reboots.
Attention! The described actions must be carried out quickly, without long interruptions.
The shutdown circuit is quite simple, but requires adherence to the sequence
You can also restart your iPhone using the previous method. turn it off and then turn it on again. Such actions will help to reset errors and restore the operation of the iPhone.
To restart iPhone 11 (max pro 11) or other versions, you can also create a virtual restart button. To do this, carry out the following actions:
- Go to Settings. Accessibility. Touch. AssistiveTouch.
- In this menu, you need to activate the main switch.
- After that, the Restart button is added to the iPhone 11 or Pro Max 11 menu.
If desired, the button can be added manually to the Top Level Menu. If you need to reboot, you just need to select a key and confirm your action. This method will help in the event that the menu and sensor are still active, and not stuck together with the device.
You just need to swipe on the command that appears on the display
How to turn off iPhone 10? You can turn off iPhone X by using the Power and volume up buttons. You need to hold them down at the same time, the shutdown menu will appear on the screen.
How to turn off iPhone XS / XR
On new models, starting with the iPhone X, three keys are installed. the volume (increase, decrease), as well as the power key on the right side. With the help of these buttons it is possible to turn off and on the device.
To turn off your iPhone, you need to do the following:
- Press and hold the side power button and any of the volume buttons. As a result of the manipulation, a dialog box will appear on the display.
- At the top of the screen, you need to swipe to the right, which will force the smartphone to turn off.
How to Force Reboot/Restart iPhone XR. Frozen Screen Fix
There are several ways to turn off the apple device
How to turn on iPhone XR after all the steps? For iPhone XC or XP to start turning on, you need to press the power button once.
How to get out of DFU mode on iPhone XS, XR, or X
The instruction to help you get out of DFU mode for iPhone xk is simple, but, like everyone else, it requires a clear execution of all step sequences:
- Press the volume up button, release.
- Repeat with the volume down button.
- Press and hold the Power button until the Apple logo appears on the XR or XS screen.
Recovery mode is completed and the smartphone can be used as intended.
If all the shutdown and restart actions are performed correctly, but the device continues to work poorly, then you may need to return to the factory settings. In this case, the phone will return to the state in which it was originally after purchase.
If even this does not help, and the device continues to turn off and work poorly, then it is recommended to contact the service center, only there they will be able to solve this problem. However, such calls often end with the loss of some data, therefore it is better to save them on time.
Turning off and restarting the apple device is not difficult. There are certain procedures that will take your iPhone back to normal operation. It is important to strictly follow the entire sequence, then it will be possible to restore the device quickly and without problems.
How to turn iPhone off and on when the power button isn’t working
One of the common breakdowns in the iPhone of different models is the failure of the on / off button of the device. In this case, repairs are inexpensive, but not everyone can stay for several days without their favorite gadget.
This is not necessary, because there is a way to use the device even with a broken button.
In the first test version of iOS 11, the developers added a special menu item along the path Settings. General. Disable. It brings up the menu to turn off the device without pressing the power button.
There are several months before the official release of the firmware, and you can use a device with a broken button right now.
If the iPhone starts to behave strangely, for no reason to think or just slow down, you can simply reboot the device. This can be done in a similar way.
Instead of the Screen Lock button in the AssistiveTouch menu, add the Restart option.
Now, to restart, you need to press the AssistiveTouch virtual key, select the Restart item and confirm the action.
Without a physical button, you will have to use its virtual counterpart. To do this, you need to enable AssistiveTouch.
We follow the path Settings. General. Accessibility. AssistiveTouch and activate the main switch.
Opening the Top Level Menu section
Select any unnecessary button from the existing ones or add an additional icon to the menu.
Selecting the Screen Lock option.
Now, in the AssistiveTouch menu that appears when you click on the virtual button, you can see the screen lock button. Pressing will turn off the display, and holding it will call the iPhone mute slider we need.
And how to turn on the turned off iPhone now
Without the Power button, you will have to turn on the iPhone by supplying power to the device. It is enough to connect it to a computer, charger or PowerBank and the device will turn on instantly.
Remember this before turning off your iPhone with a broken power button.
thank re: Store for useful and interesting information.
Conveniently enable / disable AssistiveTouch
Turning off and restarting the device is not needed every day, but the virtual button will regularly appear on the screen. You can configure its quick hiding and display.
Go to Settings. General. Accessibility. Keyboard shortcut and select AssistiveTouch. Thereafter, triple pressing the Home button will toggle the AssistiveTouch menu on and off.
I love technology and everything connected with it. I believe that the greatest discoveries of humanity are yet to come!
How to Exit Headphone Mode on iPhone?
How to turn off headphone mode on iPhone?
- Reboot the device (in all incomprehensible cases I do this);
- Mechanical damage to the socket or blockage. Inspect and clean with alcohol;
- Turn on and off the speakerphone;
- Press the volume buttons.
How to Switch Sound to Headphones on iPhone?
Just tap the Wi-Fi-like icon pulsing with audio playback. In order to choose where to broadcast audio, just click on the name of the desired device in the list. Along with your iPhone or iPad, you will also see a connected Bluetooth speaker, headphones, Apple TV set-top box, etc.
What to do if the phone thinks it is wearing headphones?
If the phone, smartphone on Android or iphone shows that headphones are connected, but they are not there, you need:
- Clean the connector from ordinary dirt with a thin cotton swab. Attention. do not do this with a needle, so as not to damage the contacts;
- Clean the nest from oxidation using the same cotton swab and alcohol.
What to do if sound disappears on iPhone and headphones are written?
- Insert and remove the plug from the headphone socket. There is a possibility that iOS did not have time to determine that the headphones were removed.
- Connect other headphones. This can really help.
- Reboot device.
- Check the headphone jack.
- Restore or update iOS.
- Service center
What to do if there is no sound in the headphones on the phone?
You may have accidentally muted the sound. 2. Try plugging in headphones, holding down the volume up button, and pulling out the plug from the headphone jack. Also try pulling and inserting the headphone plug several times.
How to turn off speakerphone on iPhone?
- During a call, activate the iPhone screen.
- Press the Speaker button so it goes out of white.
How to remove debris from the headphone jack?
- Divide a disk into several parts.
- Soak one piece in an alcohol solution and wrap a cotton swab around the plug from the headphones.
- Insert the plug inside and clean it in a circular motion until the cotton wool turns white. It is logical that it will need to be changed several times.
Considering the year the fourth generation of iPhones was released, it is not surprising that it slowed down or some other problem. For this reason, many users are looking for methods on how to rollback iOS to iOS 4S to improve the performance of the device. The main reason for the rollback is incompatibility with some applications, usually released after 2018. Statistics show that graphics applications and games that require a lot of resources do not work correctly on fourth-generation devices. For this reason, users try to update the software, hoping for improved performance and the absence of various kinds of freezes.
Examples of incorrect work
As a visual aid, here are some examples of errors, after which people are interested in how to rollback iOS to iOS iPhone 4S. For example, when the legendary game HearthStone was released, the fourth generation of Apple phones did not perform well. The main reasons are: strong heating of the battery, long loading of the application and fast battery discharge. Those who have played this RPG on the old generation will immediately understand what this is about. Below we will provide a detailed diagram and describe all the subtleties of returning the device to the original version.
The first and safest way is to update the firmware without losing data. First of all, the user needs to enable the locator on their device. This can be done through the main settings menu. Items may differ depending on the version of the device, but the name remains the same. After that, you will need to download the firmware of the 13th version of iOS. It is advisable to download from the official site, since the manufacturer posts only verified versions on it. Other World Wide Web sources may host “made-to-the-knee” software. An important point: if you download the firmware file through “Safari” on your phone, be sure to disable the automatic unpacking of archives.
After the above steps, the user needs to connect his device to a computer or laptop using a cable. After connecting via a wire, as a rule, the computer itself launches the iTunes program. In it, you need to click on the device icon located in the upper left corner. Then you need to click the “Browse” button.
Next, we will talk about two types of computers that can be used by each user. If the owner is “sitting” on the iMac system, he needs to hold down the Alt Option keys and press the button with the mouse to update. If a person has a “Windows” familiar to everyone, you need to hold down Shift and select the same button.
After all of the above, you must select the firmware file that was downloaded before and click “Update”. The Apple system will issue a warning that the device will be flashed, as well as whether the selected firmware is current.
This method is relevant for users looking for ways to downgrade iPhone 4 to iOS 6 without jailbreak.
Difficulty trying to rollback
As statistics show, many Apple users fail when trying to restore the OS version on the fourth generation of iPhones. This is due to the fact that the described model is outdated, and the updates coming out today are intended exclusively for later releases. It is for this reason that users are interested in the question of how to roll back iPhone 4S to iOS 7.1, or similar features.
Difficulties in trying to “drive” back can be very varied. This can affect system performance, cause applications to malfunction, disconnect from the Internet, and much more. It all depends on the specific version installed on the user’s device. Wondering how to downgrade iPhone 4S with iOS 9.3.5 to older versions and return your phone to factory settings? We will tell you about this in detail.
How to Rollback iOS to iOS iPhone 4S: Step by Step Description and Recommendations
Most users don’t think about issues like downgrading iPhone 4S to iOS 6 or earlier. This can be due to two reasons. The first is an outdated version of the above-described smartphone, because today it is quite old. The second reason is that very few owners do not try to “push” their system to a new level, but think about how to rollback to iOS or how to return a stable version of the OS.
This technique will be inappropriate for those users who want to save all information on their devices without copying them to the cloud storage.
First of all, as in the previous method, you need to download the required firmware, then launch iTunes, connect the iPhone to the computer using a cable. If a request for a trusted relationship to the computer appears, you must answer in the affirmative. Turn off the device, then put it into DFU mode. On the fourth iPhone model, this is done as follows: the power button is clamped simultaneously with the mechanical Home button.
The next steps will be the same as in the previous method. Hold down the Shift key and press the restore button.
iPhone XR: How to Turn Off / Power Down (3 Ways)
Attention! If you click on the recovery button without holding down the keys, the system will simply update the device to the latest version available to it. As a rule, with the described update method, a white apple and a loading bar appear on the black screen of the iPhone. When it reaches the end, the device reboots, and the user sees on his display a message about a successful update.
What are kickbacks for??
How to Roll Back iPhone 4S to iOS 6? Similar questions can be found very often on various forums. They are of interest to both enthusiasts and lovers of Apple smartphones and professionals who have been working on the above operating system for several years. Many people are trying to roll back iPhone 4S to iOS 7, but not everyone succeeds. Let’s try to consider the issue in as much detail as possible.
Device operating system rollbacks are required in order to restore lost data or restore phone performance that was lost after an update.
Most of the reasons why the fourth iPhone is “buggy” is due to the fact that today it has extremely weak characteristics, and modern operating systems require a lot of resources.
For the same reason, the fifth “apples” also fail, but much less frequently. Despite Apple’s immense reputation around the world, even its internal environment fails. These failures are discussed below.
How to restart iPhone without lock button
All of the above methods are carried out using mechanical control. However, if a mechanical breakdown occurs, how to restart or turn on the iPhone without the lock button? The creators of the iPhone 5 took into account the limited resource of mechanical control, so when the sensor is working, it is quite possible to control the smartphone. How to restart iPhone 5 without locking? To activate phone control without mechanics, you must turn on the Assistive Touch function. It allows you to customize device control using gestures.
A software reboot does not justify itself, because you cannot use a smartphone for a long time without the absence of normal control. If you know the answer how to restart an iPhone without the top button or with a black screen, then you can do this several times, and then you still have to contact the service center. Specialists will open the device, replace the lock / power key, reassemble and return it already in working order.
Factory reset iPhone 5 using a combination of buttons
Sometimes, to return the device to its senses, it needs to be restarted. How to restart iPhone 5 that is functioning normally?
- hold “Power” until the commands “Undo” and “Power off” appear;
- touch the screen in the left border of the “Turn off” key;
- without looking up from the sensor surface, slide your finger to its right side;
- wait until the device turns off completely, then briefly press “Power”;
- the display will show the Apple logo, after starting a new boot of the iPhone 5.
How to restart iPhone 5
After purchasing the long-awaited device, the owners have been enjoying the opportunity to work on a smart device for a long time, using multiple applications and programs at the same time. But nothing is perfect, so when the moment comes that the phone cannot cope with numerous commands, the user starts to panic. Do not despair and look for the nearest service center to ask how to force restart your iPhone. Try to solve the problem yourself in several ways.
Force shutdown of the smartphone
It so happens that the iPhone freezes and stops responding to any operations, movements, commands, or completely stops functioning. Under such circumstances, it can be restarted in the following way:
- First, you need to simultaneously hold down the “Home” and “Shutdown” keys and hold them down for about 10 seconds. This will help turn off your iPhone completely.
- To restart the device, sometimes it is enough just to release the pressed keys, but if this does not happen, you need to briefly hold down the Power button. The smartphone will start loading normally.
The considered method provides the ability to shutdown and restart the iPhone when a software failure occurs. For the benefit of your own smartphone, it is advised to use this option only when absolutely necessary, it is better to use other options for rebooting the apple device.
The third, and at the same time the final method of turning off the iPhone is suitable only if the device is absolutely functioning properly, and its display does not have any problems, despite the fact that the power button is out of order.
Disconnect smartphone in normal state
To turn off the device in question under these conditions, the subscriber will need to perform some actions, observing the following sequence:
- First of all, you need to press and hold the button to turn on the smartphone until the big buttons “Turn off” and “Cancel” are presented on the screen.
- After that, you need to touch the iPhone display in the left area of the red “Turn off” button, and then, without lifting your finger from the display, swipe the mentioned key until the end of its right area. Such a gesture is called “Swipe”, and as a result of the done, the iPhone will start to turn off.
- To turn on the device again, you need to wait until its screen is completely extinguished, and then click on the “Power” button. This will force the phone to start in normal mode.
How to force shutdown iPhone
iPhone switches to sleep mode by default if the device remains inactive for a certain period of time. The duration of this period can be set in the phone settings. But even if during “sleep” the iPhone consumes much less energy, there are situations when it is important to know how to turn off the iPhone (along with the question of how to send SMS from computer to phone) completely. For example, when the iPhone battery is completely depleted.
First, press the Wake / Sleep button located in the upper right corner of the device. Hold it for a few seconds.
A message will appear on the screen prompting you to drag the slider over it to turn off the phone.
If you decide to turn off your communicator, move the slider to the right. After that, the download wheel will appear, and after a few seconds the device will be turned off.
To turn your phone back on, hold down the Wake / Sleep button until the Apple logo appears on the display.
Sometimes you may need to not only turn off your iPhone, but also restart it
Sometimes knowing how to turn off your iPhone (even if it’s an American iPhone) is not enough. For example, there are cases where the communicator displays a dim display with the cursor in standby mode, which reports the number of missed calls and other information of this kind. And trying to get the mobile phone out of this state using the usual methods fails. it simply freezes.
Fortunately, rebooting your device is enough to fix this problem.
Press and hold simultaneously the Home keys (located at the bottom) and Wake / Sleep (the small button at the top of the display).
Hold the buttons until the display turns black and the company icon appears on the display.
iPhpone rebooted safely! You can continue daily use of the communicator, forgetting about what happened as a bad dream.
Unfortunately, such an operation does not always help. For example, if the boot sector of the system is damaged, you have to connect the device via a USB port to the computer and use the iTunes program to restore the firmware. In this case, the phone must first be turned off according to the above instructions.
But, the iPhone has an alternative shutdown method that bypasses the iOS operating system. Thanks to this, this shutdown method works even on tightly frozen devices. The method consists in simultaneously pressing the Home button and the Power / Lock button.
The Home and Power buttons must be pressed simultaneously and held until the frozen iPhone turns off. After turning off, you need to wait a few seconds and make a short single press on the power button. After that, the iPhone will turn on and start working normally.
It should be noted that the key combination “Home Power” is also responsible for taking a screenshot. But, to get a screenshot on these keys, you need to press literally for 1 second, if you hold the keys longer, then the anti-freeze protection will work and the iPhone will reboot.
If you have an iPhone X or newer, then you need to use the new reboot method.
What to do if iPhone is frozen
Freezing is a problem that any computer hardware faces. At some point, one of the programs begins to behave incorrectly or conflicts with another program, and as a result, the entire device is inoperative. This situation is called freezing.
iPhone is also prone to this issue and may freeze from time to time. Usually, when the iPhone freezes, it refuses to turn off or restart, which confuses the user. Most often old models freeze, such as iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s and 6. But sometimes even iPhone 6s and 7 users face freezes.
If you find yourself in such a situation, then this material should help you, here you will learn what to do if your iPhone is frozen.
iPhone freezes when turned on
Pressing the Power Home buttons at the same time allows you to turn the device off and on in any situation. However, this procedure does not guarantee that the iPhone will not freeze again during the startup process.
If your iPhone freezes before the device is fully loaded, then you can use the recovery mode called “Recovery Mode”. With it, you can restore your iPhone to its original state and bring it back to life. But, it should be borne in mind that this procedure is equivalent to a factory reset and leads to the deletion of all user data.
In order to enter Recovery Mode on iPhone and perform recovery, you need to do the following:
- Turn off your iPhone and wait a couple of minutes for all programs to finish their work. If the iPhone does not turn off in the standard way, then you can resort to the combination “Turn on Home” described above.
- Then you need to press the “Home” button and without releasing it, connect the iPhone to the computer via the Lightning cable.
- Once connected, keep holding the Home button until the iTunes logo and cable image appears on the iPhone.
- Now you need to release the Home button and start iTunes on your computer.
- In the iTunes program, you need to go to the iPhone settings and click on the “Restore iPhone” button.
Thus, you can solve the problem with the iPhone freezing during startup, but, as already mentioned, for this you will need to donate all user files. You can read more about Recovery Mode in our article on resetting iPad to factory settings.
Also on devices from Apple there is a so-called DFU mode or Device Firmware Update. If recovery mode does not help, then you can try to enter iPhone into DFU mode and try recovery again.