How to turn off screen lock on iPad
How to enable automatic screen rotation on iPad?
To do this, press the HOME button twice. At the very bottom left will be the Auto Rotate Lock icon. Rotate the screen to the orientation you want to leave it in, click on the above button. The option is configured in the “Settings” application.
Where to disable screen lock on iPhone?
Of course, you can go to the Settings. Display and brightness menu and disable Auto-lock, but there is another way to quickly disable the display lock.How to setup
- Go to Settings. General. Accessibility. Guided Access.
- Enable the option and set the disable code.
How to prevent the screen from flipping on iPad?
- Make sure Orientation Lock is disabled. On iPad with iOS 12 or later, or iPadOS, swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen to open Control Center. Then click the “Lock orientation” button. to make sure it is disabled.
- Flip iPad on its side.
How to keep the screen from darkening on iPhone?
Go to Settings. General. Accessibility. Display adaption and turn Auto Brightness off. Check the screen operation in this mode.
How to turn off screen lock on iPad?
Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open Control Center. Click the Portrait Lock button. to make sure it is disabled. Flip iPhone or iPod touch on its side.
How to turn off power saving mode?
To enable or disable the power saving mode, go to the “Settings” “Battery” section. Also, the power saving mode can be turned on or off through the Control Center.
How to turn off screen rotation?
How to disable screen rotation in Android
- Go to settings.
- Select the “Screen” section.
- Uncheck the “Auto-rotate Screen” flag.
How to disable automatic blocking?
Open the settings, go to the “Screen lock and security” section. Click on Smart Lock, enter your pattern, PIN or password and select the condition for unlocking.
Auto-lock on iPhone
The screen is the main energy consumer in a smartphone. When choosing the maximum brightness, the user should know that the battery will last for a maximum of 6 hours. This problem can be solved by automatically locking the display. Every iPhone has this function, which is responsible for this process. The user will need to open “Settings” and click on the item “Display and brightness”. Then you need to tap on the “Auto-lock” button.
The system will offer several time intervals, after which the screen will turn off. The user should select the “Never” item. As a result, the phone screen will not turn off on its own. only when you click on the “Block” button.
How to turn off the screen lock on your phone: methods and recommendations
Screen lock. it is a way to protect mobile devices from unauthorized persons. Almost every smartphone has this tool installed, so any owner of a mobile device can use it. If the need for a graphic or digital key has disappeared, users are interested in how to disable the screen lock on the phone. In this article, we will look at the main deactivation methods with different operating systems. Let’s get started!
Removing third-party certificates
In the process of downloading some programs from the Play Market and other resources, the system prompts you to set a password. The PIN cannot be disabled while the certificates are working. Therefore, they will need to be removed before disabling the screen lock on “Android”. To do this, go to the “Security” section and open the “Other parameters” tab.
Then you need to tap on the item “Delete credentials” and confirm the cleaning process. Sometimes such a line is in an inactive state, which indicates that there are no such certificates on the smartphone. In this case, you need to take other actions to disable the screen lock.
Remove Protective VPN
Users will be interested to know that the Virtual Private Network is a special network that is designed to provide secure access to the Internet. Activation of this function allows you to hide information from third-party attacks. The user will need to put a pattern or digital key on the entrance screen in order to turn on the VPN. It is impossible to remove such a password by standard methods, so you will need to first delete this network. Let’s see how to disable the screen lock on “Android” in this case. To do this, you need to perform the following manipulations:
- go to the “Connections” section;
- open the “Other settings” item and select VPN;
- click on the used virtual network;
- go to the properties section and click on the “Delete” button.
Successful deactivation of the function will unlock the device. As a result, the smartphone will work as usual.
Operating system malfunctions
If the listed methods do not bring a positive result, then a system failure has occurred on the mobile device. The user will need to reset the smartphone to factory settings. This can be done using the Backup and Reset section. It should be borne in mind that this manipulation will delete all settings and data on the device. It is recommended to save important information on a memory card or PC in advance.
Why Samsung does not remove the key?
In the normal operating mode of a mobile device, the user just needs to go to the “My Settings” menu and open the “Lock Screen” tab. In the window that opens, you will need to click on the “No” button opposite the presented protection methods (picture, face control, PIN). However, there are some factors that can prevent you from turning off the screen lock. Let’s list the main ones:
- installing third-party certificates;
- using a VPN network;
- software failure;
- opening administrative rights on the gadget;
- encryption of embedded or internal memory;
Next, we will consider how to disable the screen lock on “Samsung” in each of the listed cases.
Reset via iTunes
Now let’s take a look at how to turn off screen lock on iPhone using two programs. If the user cannot remove the lock screen, use a PC. First you need to press the key combination “Shutdown” and “Home”. Then you need to release the “Shutdown” button, but at the same time hold Home. Only iTunes can recognize this mode, so the external state of the phone will not change.
Then you can connect your smartphone to your PC and open the “iTunes” program. On the keyboard, click on the Shift key and at the same time click on the “Restore” item in the program. Next, the updated version of the operating system will be loaded, and the password will be automatically reset. It is important to know that this will delete all user files. It is recommended to make a backup before performing this operation.
Built-in algorithms provide reliable protection of personal files from possible hacking. Disabling the screen lock on Android is easy. First, open the “Options” menu and select the “Security” item. Then you need to find the “Encryption” section and click on the “Decrypt” button. At the final stage, you will need to open the “Lock Screen” tab and tap on the “No” icon.
How to turn off the lock screen on iPhone with a passcode
If you know the screen passcode, then you can easily turn off the lock screen on your iPhone. Here is the guide.
Go to Settings on iPhone and select Touch ID and Password.
Enter your screen lock password. Scroll down to find “Turn Password” click on it.
Enter your PIN again to confirm disabling the screen lock password on iPhone.
Steps to Disable iPhone Screen Lock without Passcode
Launch UkeySoft Unlocker on Computer
Download the tool to your computer by clicking on the download icon above and launch it after installation. On the main page of the tool, you can click “Screen unlock code” to disable the screen lock on iPhone.
Connect your iPhone to your computer using USB debugging, and on the tool page, click Next to start disabling iPhone lock screen.
Put iPhone into Recovery Mode
UkeySoft Unlocker will provide a step-by-step guide with detailed information on how to put your iPhone into recovery mode. It depends on the iPhone model you want to unlock.
Please wait a moment and the download will be completed right now.
When you see “Uninstall complete!” Click “Done” and your iPhone will reboot and then walk you through the setup as if it were a new iPhone.
UkeySoft Unlocker. it is a technique that works in all situations. Here are some tips for disabling iPhone lock screen, but they only work when conditions are met.
How to Disable Lock Screen on iPhone without Passcode
However, things get a little more complicated if you don’t know the lock screen passcode on your iPhone. In this case, you can use UkeySoft Unlocker, a tool specifically for unlocking iPhone. Whether it’s removing your 4-digit passcode, 6-digit passcode, Touch ID, or Face ID, it’s always perfect. You just need a few clicks to turn off the lock screen on iPhone without passcode.Also, it plays an important role when you forget your passcode and want to unlock Apple ID or remove iCloud activation lock. This is the fastest and easiest way to remove lock screen on iPhone / iPad / iPod touch and it works for all lock screen cases.
- Easily turn off lock screen on iPhone without passcode;
- Unlock iPhone black screen of death and remove screen passcode;
- Reset locked iPad without password;
- Unlock 4 types of passwords such as 4-digit / 6-digit passcode, Touch ID and Face ID;
- Remove screen passcode if your iPad is locked, disabled, broken screen, or outdated version of iOS;
- Unlock Apple ID on any activated iPhone, iPad and iPod touch;
- A few easy steps to remove your locked screen;
- Works for all iPhone, iPad and iPod touch models such as iPhone 11, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone SE / 6S / 6 / 5S, etc;
- Fully compatible with the latest iOS 13;
How to turn off the lock screen on iPhone
Generally, we are always accustomed to using the screen lock feature on iPhone. On the one hand, it helps us quickly and easily access features such as camera, messaging, dial pad, control center, and so on. On the other hand, it only allows authorized access to the private content of iOS devices. However, if you find it annoying to enter your password every time you access your phone, you can disable it. In this article, we will provide you with effective solutions that you can easily turn off the lock screen on iPhone with or without password.Scroll down to check them.
Tips to Disable iPhone Screen Lock
disable iPhone lock screen if you’ve synced with iTunes
If you have previously synced your iPhone with iTunes, you can turn off the lock screen without a password using iTunes. This method only works when you connect your iPhone to your computer and you don’t need a password.
Open iTunes and connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable.
Click the iPhone icon and find the Conclusion icon.
Click on it and then click “Restore iPhone.” To disable screen lock on iPhone.
All data and settings will be restored to factory settings, after which you will find that the lock screen has been successfully removed. Please note that if Find iPhone is enabled on your iPhone, this method will not work.
use recovery mode to turn off the lock if you can’t sync with iTunes
Generally speaking, using recovery mode to turn off the iPhone lock screen is also a good suggestion, but some users have reported that they are unable to exit recovery mode afterwards.
Install the latest version of iTunes on your computer and launch it.
Connect iPhone to Computer with USB Cable.
Boot your iPhone into recovery mode:
For iPhone 8/8 Plus and later: press and quickly release the volume up button press and quickly release the volume down button press the wake / sleep button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
For iPhone 7/7 Plus: Hold the Wake / Sleep and Volume Down buttons at the same time until the Connect to iTunes screen appears.
For iPhone 6 (Plus) and earlier: Hold the Home and Wake / Sleep buttons at the same time until the Connect to iTunes screen appears.
This window immediately pops up in iTunes, click “Restore”. It will re-download the firmware to help you fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode. It will take some time for iTunes to complete the recovery. If you are an impatient person, we do not recommend this method.
After removing screen lock from iPhone, set up your iPhone by restoring backup from iTunes.
disable iPhone lock screen if Find My iPhone is on
In the latter case, you can turn off the lock screen on iPhone when Find My iPhone is activated. Here are the specific steps.
Go to iCloud.com, then sign in using your Apple ID and password.
Find the pen “Find my iPhone” and click “All devices”.
Select the device you want to disconnect and click Erase iPhone. Everything on iPhone will be deleted, including screen lock password, contacts, messages, apps, pictures, videos, etc.
How to disable code password?
On an older iPhone, go to Settings Touch ID & Passcode. On devices that don’t support Touch ID, go to Settings Password. This section contains various parameters and functions. Disable Passcode: Select this option to disable passcode.
How to prevent the screen from flipping on iPad?
The screen may stop flipping when it crashes, for example, due to downloading a low-quality application. The solution to the problem with the rotation function in this case will be to restart the tablet. To do this, press the iPad power button and hold it until the “Turn off” button appears on the display.
How to factory reset iPad with buttons?
On iPhone 6s Plus and earlier, and iPad, simultaneously hold down and hold the Top (or Side) and Home buttons until the recovery screen appears on your gadget. 3. When iTunes prompts you to restore or update the device, click “Restore” and follow the further prompts.
How to adjust screen rotation?
How to enable / disable screen rotation?
- On your device, open “Settings”;
- Select “Screen”;
- Turn Screen Rotate On or Off.
How to remove a password prompt on an iPhone?
- Open “Settings”.
- Click [your name] and select “iTunes Store and App Store”.
- Tap Password Settings.
- In the In-App & Other Purchases area, tap the desired setting.
- In the Free Downloads area, tap Request Password to enable or disable this setting.
How to Reset Passcode on iPhone?
Recovery Mode to Unlock iPhone if Forgot Password
- Turn off your phone.
- Connect it to your computer.
- Select Recovery Mode from the menu that appears.
- Turn on iTunes, click OK and then “Restore iPhone”.
- If a message appears about auto-checking for updates, click on the “check” button.
Samsung and TouchWiz
This add-on or shell from the Korean manufacturer visually differs from the unmodified Android. Therefore, at work with her, it is also worth focusing attention. To remove protection here, do the following:
- As in the case of Xiaomi, we lower the “curtain” and press the settings button.
- Scroll down the contents of the window and tap on the item marked on the screen.
- We see the item “Blocking type” and immediately observe the type of installed protection. In order to change it or remove it altogether, click on the line circled in red.
How to Remove Lock Screen on iPhone or iPad by Using LockSkip
- To confirm, enter the pattern.
- Select the item “Swipe across the screen”. this is the disabling of the security check.
- Here we will be warned that the previously saved data will be deleted (meaning the pattern itself). We confirm our intentions by tapping on the “DELETE” button.
After that, the password will be reset and the phone’s power-on protection is canceled.
An example is shown based on the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime, but it is also suitable for other smartphones of this brand.
Summary and comments
As a result, we finished the story about how you can turn off the screen lock on Android. Detailed step-by-step instructions covered all versions of Android OS, we hope we helped you too. If you still have questions, write them in the comments: our site was created in order to help you.
How to get around if you forgot your password
There are options when a person simply forgot the password and cannot unlock their own device. Below we will provide a method that can help you out of the situation, however, we will warn you that it does not always work and not on all phones.
In order to remove the lock, you need to reset your smartphone to factory settings. This should be done from the off state using a combination of buttons and the recovery menu. These combinations are also different in different smartphones. For example, on Samsung. this is the power button, the volume button up, the home button.
You need to hold down the keys on the switched off device. If you did everything correctly, the phone will reboot into Recovery mode, where you just need to select the reset option. However, it should be understood that this method does not work on all models. In newer devices, even after the reset, the key will need to be entered.
Attention! This option will lead to the loss of all data that is on your phone. Copy them to a safe place before proceeding.
Do not trust the materials on the Internet that show how to unblock with a call or a low battery. Even going to the smartphone menu, to disable protection, you will be asked to enter the same key.
How to remove the screen lock on Android if you forgot your password or is prohibited by the administrator
In order to protect personal information, the screen of any Android smartphone can be locked. And this is done in different ways. This is necessary, for example, when you have lost your device. But sometimes there is absolutely no need for such protection and it only takes time when the device is turned on. In this article, we will tell you what kind of screen locks are on Android. We will also find out how to remove them or, on the contrary, install them.
In the sixth version of Android, the protective function of the lock screen is removed as follows:
- In the same way as before, click on the application menu icon. The settings we need are located there.
- Tap on the gear icon circled in the screenshot below.
- And, as in the case of 5.x, select the “Security” section.
- As you can see, our screen is currently locked with a pattern. In order to disable it, click on the item marked in the picture.
How To Lock And Unlock Screen Rotation On An Ipad (Tutorial)
- We will need to enter a pattern, otherwise the matter will not go further.
- If the login check is successful, we will have several options. However, as in previous OS versions. Since we are talking about disconnection in this case, we select the first item.
- Just as in the previous case, we give an affirmative answer to the confirmation that appears.
After that, the protection will be completely disabled.
Let’s figure out how to disable the screen lock in Android, which was very popular until recently. This is the “five”. We do the following:
- As in the previous cases, we turn to the applications menu. The icon is marked in the screenshot below.
- We are looking for the settings gear and click on it. We have few installed applications, but you may have to scroll through the list.
- The settings are located in 2 columns. We are looking for the item “Security” and tap on it.
- Moving on to the settings section indicated in the screenshot. We call it “Screen Lock”.
- Change of settings is password protected. In order to remove the protection, you must first enter it. We do this and click “CONTINUE”.
Done. All that remains for us to do is click the “No” item, and the security of the device will be reduced to zero.
The difference between the new version of Android is the confirmation that appeared here. It was not even in the 4th edition. Click “OK”.
In the meantime, the operating systems in question are getting more and more modern.
Now it’s time to talk about the once most popular operating system. This is the fourth Android. on DO is still installed on millions of smartphones and tablets. So, in order to disable the blocking here, we do the following:
- We go to the main menu by tapping on its icon on the home screen.
- Let’s go to the settings. In our case, it is “Settings”, your shortcut may have a different name. It all depends on the applied localization.
- Now we need a section related to security. We have this “Security”. We tap on it.
- Let’s go directly to the screen lock.
- Here is a different situation. In the case of Android 2.x, we had to log in by entering a PIN. Here it will be the pattern. It is he who is installed to protect the home screen.
- Now that we have verified the ownership of the phone, we can simply undo the lock. This is done by clicking on the appropriate item.
In the course of our story, we gradually reached the equator of the OS. This is the fifth Android. Let’s see how to work with it.
We will review the OS editions from Google in the order of their appearance. Let’s skip only the very old Android 1.x and purely tablet 3.x.
- To remove protection in Google Android 2.x, you must first go to the applications menu. Its icon is indicated in the screenshot below.
- Next, we are interested in the settings. Tap on the gear icon or something similar.
- At the next stage, click on “Location and protection”.
- We pass to the item with the name “Change the blocking method”.
- Since we had an active PIN-code, it will be necessary to enter a cipher to disable it. If you have other protection, for example, a pattern or password, respectively, specify them. What to do if you do not know this data is written at the very end of the article.
- So, when verification is done, you can disable protection. To do this, we simply click on the item marked in the screenshot.
Also below you can see the rest of the blocking methods supported on the second Android.
We rise above and pass to the consideration of the 4th version of OS.
If you cannot remove the lock, we will try to bypass it. Ben Schlabs, an employee of Security Research Labs, wrote about a 100% working method. It has been quoted a huge number of times, confirming that the method really works. You can’t call it simple, but you can try. The conditions are as follows: you do not know either the lock code or the Apple ID with a password. nothing.
- Using Control Center on the lock screen, activate Airplane Mode or remove the SIM card from the slot to disconnect the network connection. This will give you time to guess your password.
- Choose a four-digit password (10,000 options) or take a fingerprint of the previous owner, if possible.
- After unlocking the screen, go to Settings. iCloud. Account. Write down the data that is entered in the “Apple ID” field. This is the Apple ID to which the device is tied, it remains only to find out the password from it.
- Go to the Apple ID password recovery site in a browser on your computer. Enter your Apple ID and click Next to proceed with password recovery.
- Connect iPad to the Internet via Wi-FI for a few seconds.
- Start the mail client, open the letter from Apple and copy the link to restore access. Disconnect the internet immediately.
- Launch the browser on the computer and enter the link you received on the iPad.
- Enter your new Apple ID password.
- Go to iCloud settings on iPad and delete the old account by entering the new password. The “Find” function will be disabled, and with it the activation lock will be removed.
- Reset settings and content, then set up your device as new with different Apple ID details.
The instructions may well be used by intruders, but if you know the method, you can protect yourself from them in the event of the loss or theft of the iPad.
Ways to Bypass iPad Activation Lock
IPad Activation Lock protects your device from unauthorized access in the event of theft or loss. However, this useful feature in some cases can become an insurmountable obstacle for the rightful owner of the tablet. To prevent the device from being left in a “brick” state, you need to know how to bypass the activation lock.
- Disable Find My iPhone in Settings.
- Unlink iPad from Apple ID.
In both cases, knowledge of the Apple ID password is required, so a vicious circle is obtained. You cannot remove the lock if the function is activated, but you can disable it only if you know the password. But we constantly forget passwords, what if the honestly purchased device is blocked? Which workaround should I use? Maybe the lock will be removed at the service center? Let’s figure out what to do to get an unlocked iPad back.
Contacting the service center or a call to Support will definitely not help: specialists will immediately tell you that there is no way to regain access to a locked device, except how to find out / remember the Apple ID password.
How activation lock works
Activation Lock on iPad appeared with the release of iOS 7. The function is enabled when you set up “Find iPhone” and allows you to block the device associated with Apple ID. With the lock turned on, you will have to enter your Apple ID password every time:
- turning off “Find iPhone” in the settings;
- Sign out of iCloud
- erasing information and reactivating.
Activation Lock essentially turns iPad into a brick. If you forget the password or do not know it, the device is completely locked. You will not be able to unlock the system on the iPad, even if you reflash it 2 times, nothing will change. When reactivated, the system will require a password from the Apple ID, and if you do not enter it, the tablet will not turn on.
Apple has made this protection to keep users’ personal data safe from unauthorized access, but this feature can be dangerous for the rightful owner. If you don’t remember your password, you won’t be able to sign out of iCloud, turn off Find My iPhone, and activate your device after a factory reset and content reset or flashing.
Using the doulCi service
If you cannot get into the system interface, because you found an activation lock only after a factory reset, then you will have to use another method. bypass using the doulCi service. Open the hosts file on a computer with iTunes installed. Insert one of the lines into it:
Then connect iPad to computer in DFU mode.
You can read in detail about the input / output of the DFU mode here.
When a device tries to connect to Apple’s servers to verify activation, an entry in the hosts file will redirect it to the hacker server. On doulCi servers, the activation request will be processed, after which the lock will be removed, and you can go to the iOS home screen.
This method cannot be used for iPhones and iPads with a SIM card, since after such a bypass they will remain with the functionality of the iPod: you can listen to music and watch videos on them, but the devices will not connect to the mobile network. Nothing will happen to an iPad without GSM, it will work the same way as it did before it was locked.
Another disadvantage is that the owners of the doulCi servers receive information about the device, including the serial number and other individual identifiers, as well as access to personal information. So before using this method, think carefully and clean the cloud storage of information that no one else should see.
What to do if iPad screen won’t rotate?
By default, the iPad screen rotates when the device is repositioned. i.e. if you keep it in landscape orientation, then the screen should be in landscape orientation. If the screen of your iPad does not rotate depending on the orientation, then this can be quickly fixed (of course, if the problem is not a hardware one).
What to do if the screen won’t rotate on iPad mini 4, iPad 5 (2017), iPad 6 (2018), iPad 7 (2019), iPad Air 2, iPad Air 3, iPad Pro and later
If you see a small icon in the form of a lock with a round arrow next to the current battery status on the status bar (in the status bar) of the iPad, then the automatic rotation of the iPad screen is blocked.
In order to lock or unlock the automatic screen rotation on the aforementioned iPad models, you need to open the Control Center and use the corresponding button.
When the rotation lock is enabled, the portrait or landscape orientation of the screen will be preserved and will not change when the device is rotated.
What to do if the screen won’t rotate on iPad Air, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini, iPad mini 2, and iPad mini 3
The screen rotation lock on the aforementioned iPads can be locked in two places: via a toggle on the side panel (above the volume buttons)
If the screen rotation lock is enabled using the switch on the side panel of the iPad, then you can disable this option in the standard application Settings → General → Switch on the side panel. To do this, select the “Mute sound” item. After that, the switch on the side panel will not be responsible for locking (orientation) screen rotation, but for turning off the sound.
When the value of the switch on the side panel responsible for mute is selected, orientation lock can be performed only in the Control Center using the corresponding button:
In order to lock the screen in the current orientation, just click on this icon.
If instead of the screen rotation lock icon in the Control Center there is a mute icon, this means that the value of the switch on the side panel is set to Orientation lock (the switch on the side panel is responsible for locking (orientation) of the screen rotation).
If, after completing all the above steps, you still fail to remove the screen rotation lock, try restarting your iPad. To do this, press and hold the Power button until the Power off slider appears. After turning off iPad, press and hold the Power button again until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
If the restart did not help, then, unfortunately, you will have to contact the iPad repair service center.