How to turn off the home button on the screen
How to set home button on iPhone screen
Setting up a virtual Home button does not take much time. Follow these guidelines, which include:
- Go to the “Settings” menu, then select the “General” item, then go to “Universal Access”;
- Select the Assistive Touch item and enable the virtual button using the slider, which will turn green;
- Now the shortcut we need has appeared on the screen, which will allow us to use all the necessary functions. Assistive Touch also allows you to move the button to a convenient location on the iPhone screen.
How to display the Home button on the iPhone screen
Sometimes iPhone and iPad users need a virtual home button. This button is called Assistive Touch. As an accessory to the iOS OS, it often comes to the rescue when the physical Home button or some other button fails.
This tool is used in such cases as:
- The owner of the gadget is a person with disabilities;
- There is a problem with any button on the case (in most cases, such incidents occur with the Home button);
- After repairing the physical button, the owner of the iPhone or iPad already uses Assistive Touch out of habit;
- Some people put a virtual Home button on the screen for convenience, someone prefers to quickly go to the Control Center in this way or use it for a soft reboot of the system, here it is a matter of taste;
- There are cases when the user uses a virtual button in order to avoid wear and tear on regular buttons.
How do I use Assistive Touch? Which iPhone models support this feature?
The system allows you to customize the home button in versions of iPhone from 3gs up to iPhone X.
When the Home button is activated, you should familiarize yourself with its basic functionality. In rest mode, it is translucent, and when dragged, it becomes noticeably darker, thereby allowing the user not to pay attention to it in moments when there is no need for it.
If you click on Assistive Touch, a window will appear with all its functionality, among which you can select the most necessary.
How to remove the virtual Home button from the iPhone or iPad screen
Sometimes the user of the apple gadget can get confused and instead of disabling this function in the settings menu, he decides to completely reset the settings or is completely flashing iOS. To disable the Home button, you need to take the following simple steps:
- Go to the “Settings” menu, select the “General” item;
- We select “Universal access, then” Assistive Touch “, after which we disable this function using the slider, which, when deactivated, will turn gray.
- From now on, the Home button is missing on the screen of your iPhone.
Method two (for new firmware)
On Xiaomi Redmi smartphones with MIUI firmware update, the names of categories and options are periodically changed. Therefore, you may not be able to immediately find the desired item indicated in the first method. To find it, do the following:
- go to “Settings” and click on the line “Search settings”;
- enter the word “Buttons”, “Keys” or “Navigation”;
- one of the options will show the required section, in which you can disable the keys in the above way.
You can enable touch keys on Xiaomi Redmi in the menu in the same way. For convenience, it is recommended to set the “Ask” option in the settings, thanks to which the option can be confirmed or disabled when entering the application.
In Xiaomi smartphones based on MIUI firmware, it is possible to disable the touch keys. the very ones under the screen. This is necessary in some applications, especially in games when you have to flip the device. And in order not to press the buttons accidentally, it is better to turn them off. This can be done through the system settings.
Next, click “Advanced Settings” in the “System and Device” section.
Here tap on the line “Buttons and gestures” (or “Keys”).
At the bottom of the window, you will see the “Auto-disable navigation buttons” menu item. Push.
Select an application, click on its name, then a menu appears, in which you need to decide on the choice at your discretion. “Ask” or “Always disable”.
If you need to enable touch buttons in the application, just double-click on any of the keys.
Each Xiaomi Android phone has 3 buttons, they are touch-sensitive and located under the screen, or are part of the interface on the screen, it all depends on the design of a particular model.
- By default, the “Menu” brings up a list of recently launched applications, in which you can switch between them or close one of the selected.
- “Home” takes you back to the desktop from any application or menu you just visited.
- “Back” returns you to the previous screen of the application, or cancels the last performed action, it all depends on the context.
In this configuration, they are used most often, but on Xiaomi it is possible to set other properties to the buttons.
Go to the general “Settings”, then find the item “Advanced settings”. Now we are interested in the “Buttons and gestures” menu.
For different versions of MIUI, this menu is different, in my case I am using MIUI 10 on a smartphone Mi 5. As you can see, now a certain action is not assigned to the button, as it was in earlier firmware, but to a predetermined action.
For example, let’s take the action “Close the application” and select it. We see 6 different options for action, you can choose any that suits us best.
In the same way, you can select another available action.
In MIUI 10, there is no way to change the assignment for the volume buttons, they are always and in any context responsible for sound and volume, but they can be modifiers for basic actions.
First way to disable keys
The touch keys on Xiaomi are neutralized in several ways. One of them is to disable control keys in individual applications. For this:
- go to “Settings” and scroll to the category “System and device”;
- click on the line “Advanced settings” (“Advanced” on older firmware versions);
- find and click on the “Buttons and gestures” column (“Keys” on older firmware versions);
- select the “Auto-disable navigation buttons” option (“Disable navigation buttons automatically” on older firmware versions);
- alternately click on the applications in which the touch keys interfere and change “Never disable” to “Always disable”.
After that, when using the program, the control buttons will be automatically disabled. To use them, you need to make two clicks in a row.
How to turn off the home button on Xiaomi
In this guide, we will show you how to disable touch keys on Xiaomi Redmi. This feature will be useful for you if you encounter their accidental pressing in the menu, applications or games.
Can I use the buttons to reset to factory settings Xiaomi?
Hold down the “Volume” and “Power” key, hold them for 10 seconds. The Fast Boot shell will start loading.
In the available menu you need the item “Wipe Data”, select it and activate. Remember that there will be no turning back, all data on your smartphone will be permanently deleted. Back to content
Disable on-screen buttons
If we are talking about the Home button, located along with other interactive elements at the bottom of the screen, then the principle of disabling is different. To do everything right, we recommend using the step-by-step instructions:
- Go to settings.
- Go to the “Advanced settings” section.
- Next, open the “Buttons and gestures” tab.
- Then move the slider to the left next to the line “Hide on-screen buttons”.
- The system reports that removing the touch keys may cause applications to malfunction. We agree with the notification and click “Hide”.
Please note that such an action can greatly complicate the process of working with the device.!
Another deletion algorithm is also possible:
- Go to settings.
- Open the “System” tab.
- Next, go to the section “System navigation”.
- Select the item “Navigation Panel”.
- Then move the slider to the left near the item of the same name.
At the end of the procedure, it is recommended to restart the device.
How to remove the Home button from the Android screen
Most smartphone manufacturers try to make their product as attractive as possible. Phones are equipped with ever better and larger displays. As a result, some users find it difficult to operate the device with one hand. The developers solved this problem and added an interactive Home button to the smartphone screen, which is a white circle on a black background. Not all people like this interface element, so they are wondering how to remove the Home button from the Android screen. We offer you to find out the solution to the problem in the article.
Disabling Home Button on Huawei
- First of all, go to the settings, where we open the “System” section. Depending on the firmware, the location of the category may vary, but often it is located at the top of the settings.
- Next, go to the “System Navigation” tab.
- Then open the window with the settings for the navigation button.
- Here you need to move the slider to the left opposite the desired item.
The interactive element will then disappear from the screen. You can return it back according to the instructions above, where in the last paragraph, move the slider to the right. It is also possible that the Home button can be disabled from the quick settings panel. Open it and click on the “Navigation button” icon. After that, the icon should change its color.
After reading this article, you can learn how to remove the Home button from the Android screen. The topic is especially relevant for owners of phones from Honor or Huawei. It is often enough to press one key in the Quick Access Toolbar.
IT specialist. Author of informational articles on Android smartphones and IOS smartphones. An expert in solving problems with computers and programs: installation, configuration, reviews, tips for the security of your devices. In his free time, he is engaged in website design and development.