How to turn off Voice Assistant on iPhone
How to disable Cortana in Windows 10?
The option to turn off Cortana is indeed present. Microsoft Allowed to not only disable the feature, but also remove all usage data from servers.
- Opening the Cortana program.
- Click on the notebook image on the left and select “Settings”.
- Moves the slider beside “Cortana may give you suggestions” to an inactive position.
After completing the above steps, the program data saved on the local computer will be lost. To clean up storage on a Microsoft server, you need to follow an additional procedure.
- In the same place, in the settings, we click on “Manage Cortana’s information”.
- Your default web browser displays the Bing data page.
- In the blocks “Clear personal information” and “Other information of Cortana” click on the button “Clear”.
If Cortana had access to your personal location data, it should also be removed from Bing Maps. A set of actions allows you to completely remove all personal data that is available to Microsoft through an assistant.
How to turn off Cortana Personal Assistant in Windows 10?
One of the most notable innovations in Windows 10 over previous versions of Windows is the personal assistant Cortana. The assistant is already familiar to users of smartphones on Windows Phone, now it has migrated to the computer OS. In general, it is a convenient service, but the built-in artificial intelligence leaves much to be desired. If Cortana technology is of little use or is often mistaken, it is best to turn it off.
What Cortana Can Do?
In the role of a personal assistant, she can answer simple questions, since she has an algorithm for simulating speech. We can also ask her questions orally or enter them in printed form. Thanks to the ability to analyze the characteristics of the user, she can adjust her answers to his needs. If an assistant doesn’t know the answer to a question, they can quickly search for an answer through Bing. Perhaps the main drawback of the service is that it passes data through Microsoft servers. This is undesirable as it could be used by a company to track users in the future.
How to turn off Cortana through group policies?
Important note. Group Policy Editor is not available in Windows 10 Home version, so the method is applicable for Pro and Corporative versions.
- Find and open gpedit.msc through the search.
- Expand the section “Computer Configuration”, “Administrative Templates” and “Windows Components”.
- Click on the “Find” block and look for the item “Allow the use of Cortana”.
How to deactivate Cortana through the registry?
If the system does not have group policies, we can use the registry, the required parameter is present in all versions of Windows.
- Search for and run regedit.
- Open the section HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Windows Search.
- Right-click on the workspace, select “New”, and then. “Parameter DWORD (32)”.
- Set the name to AllowCortana and set the value to 0.
These are all available ways to turn off Cortana’s personal assistant. Their capabilities are sufficient for any task, including cleaning personal data from Microsoft servers.
How to turn off iPhone 11?
First, you need to simultaneously hold down the side button and one of the volume buttons. Don’t let go of the buttons right away, otherwise you’ll just take a screenshot. The shutdown menu will appear on the screen. Pull the slider to the right to turn off your iPhone 11 or iPhone 11 Pro.
How to summon Siri on iPhone XR?
How to summon Siri on iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, and iPhone X. Press and hold the side button (or set up Hey Siri).
How to remove a number from Siri?
Open Contacts and tap the contact you want to delete. Click Change. Scroll down and tap Delete Contact, then tap Delete Contact again to confirm.
How to turn off Voice Assistant on iPhone?
How to turn off voice control on iPhone
- Turn on the voice assistant Settings. Siri. Siri.
- Here below, we disable access to Siri on the lock screen.
- Disable the Siri switch in the password settings (Settings. Touch ID and passcode. Siri).
How to enable Siri on 11 iPhone?
To enable Siri on iPhone and iPad running any version of the operating system, including iOS 10 and iOS 11, simply launch the Settings app and then find the section called Siri. To activate the voice assistant, just switch the toggle switch opposite “Siri” to the green “active” position.
How to remove Siri?
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings, select Siri & Search, click Siri & Dictation History, then click Delete Siri & Dictation History.
- On Apple Watch, go to Settings, select Siri, click Siri & Dictation History, then click Delete Siri & Dictation History.
How can I put an auto-dialer on an iPhone
Putting an auto-dialer on iPhone is a convenient feature for busy users. Conventional landline phones are equipped with a Redial button, with which the device automatically dials the last number. IPhones, unfortunately, do not have this option. The problem is solved using the voice assistant or the functionality of applications from the App Store.
Auto redial via apps
It is possible to choose the optimal mode:
- call three times in a row when the subscriber does not pick up the phone;
- call until the subscriber answers;
- make an auto-dial only when the subscriber was out of range or the phone is turned off.
You can automatically dial not only the owner of an Apple gadget, but also other devices.
Autodial, as mentioned above, is not automatically possible with iPhones. Some sources publish information that the function is activated through the “Settings”, but this is not true.
Siri voice assistant
The voice assistant Siri allows you to enable automatic dialer on iPhone. Round-the-clock, fast and high-quality support has gained popularity among residents of the Russian Federation and the CIS countries. “Siri” has a lot of possibilities, “knows how” to set up an autodial.
To turn on the voice assistant, just say “Hey Siri” out loud.
The assistant recognizes numbers from the phone book, dials the contact by voice command. That is, it makes a call to the subscriber on its own. It is possible to set an automatic call to the number. You need to do the following:
- if you received a call and need to call the subscriber back, tell the assistant: “Call back”;
- if you dial the last number from the outgoing list, say: “Call again”.
It is convenient to use this feature with the Apple Watch gadget.
The convenience of automatic dialing is that the owner of the gadget does not have to go into the call log once again, look for the required number and dial it. This is especially useful if the user is driving or his hands are busy. Turning on auto-dialer on iPhone is not an easy task, because this feature is not provided. You will certainly not be able to configure it like on modern devices controlled by the Android operating system.
In some cases, Apple device owners find that they have VoiceOver enabled. It also indirectly refers to voice control. This application names the controls after clicking on them, rather than executing the requested command.
To opt out of VoiceOver, you must:
- Open “Settings” in your mobile phone.
- Go to “Basic”. Find the line “Accessibility” there and click on it.
- Open VoiceOver.
- Move the switch responsible for the operation of the application to the inactive position.
Now it’s clear how to turn off voice control on iPhone. It is important to note that in order to successfully cancel VoiceOver, you need to press all buttons 2 times. Otherwise, the operating system will simply name certain controls.
There is another rather interesting trick. IPhone functions cannot be activated by voice using Siri after using it. To permanently abandon this application, you must set access restrictions.
To do this, the owner of “apple” products must:
How to Turn Off Voice Control on Your iPhone
- Open “Settings” and go to the “General” section in the menu that appears.
- Study the proposed operations carefully. Find and enter “Restrictions”.
- Enter a password to enter restrictions. If the subscriber uses this option for the first time, it is necessary to come up with a combination for access. She will be the password.
- Find the line “Siri and Dictation”. There will be a switch opposite it. It needs to be put in the “Off” position.
After the actions taken, Siri will turn off, and the menu item with application settings will disappear from the operating system.
But that’s not all. How to refuse voice dialing from Apple smartphones? It all depends on the selected operating system. How to disable voice control on iPhone when it comes to iOS7 or 8? To do this, you will have to use the previously proposed algorithm with some changes. Namely. turn on Siri. To do this, in the corresponding menu item, turn the switch to the “On” position.
What if the subscriber has installed iOS 9 for himself? In this version of the software, you will not be able to refuse voice dialing. Such changes were invented by Apple.
How to turn off voice control on iPhone: tips, tricks, instructions
Mobile phones in today. these are universal devices. With their help, you can not only talk, but also take pictures, download and listen to audio recordings, and so on. Of course, these gadgets have several control methods. For example, by voice. This option allows you to activate certain functions of the mobile phone by speaking commands. Very comfortably! But today we have to figure out how to turn off voice control on the iPhone. Sometimes this option is superfluous. How you can opt out of using it?
It should be noted that the owners of “apple” phones can use a variety of voice dialing functions. Each of them is disabled by separate operations. We have to get acquainted with all the options for the development of events.
How to turn off voice control on iPhone? The first step is to turn off Siri. To do this, you will have to:
- Download the gadget. Go to the main menu of the device.
- Select “Settings”.
- Visit the section “General”.Siri.
- Move the switch for this option to the “Off” position. In this case, the red indicator should light up.
You can close the mobile phone settings. Now it’s clear how to turn off voice control on iPhone. But this is only one of the options. Sometimes you have to disconnect differently.
Often, the proposed algorithm of actions leads to the fact that VoiceControl is activated on the smartphone when the “Home” button is held for a long time. How can I disable Voice Control on iPhone in this case? It should be noted that this scenario occurs only on iOS 10 and newer software.
Disabling VoiceControl is done like this:
- Switch on your mobile phone. Open its settings.
- Go to the menu item “Basic”. “Accessibility”.
- Select “Home”.
- Put a checkmark in front of the inscription “Disable”.
After that, voice control on the iPhone can be considered 100% disabled. Removing this option is not as difficult as it might initially seem.
Enabling the option and changing the voice
The voice pronunciation of the incoming subscriber is activated according to the following scenario:
- You need to enter the “Settings” and select the “Phone” option, in which click on “Call announcements”.
- The “Voice Assistant” menu will allow you to change the gender and language of the robot (“settings”. “voice”. “Siri voice”).
How to turn off the pronunciation of the name when the iPhone calls? The function that says the name of the interlocutor is activated automatically when the system is updated. If you are not satisfied with the announcement of the name after each incoming call, you must do the following:
- go to the “Settings” function;
- select the “Phone” section;
- activate the “Call Announcement” tab and put a check mark next to the “Never” item.
As a result of such manipulations, the incoming call will not be accompanied by speaking. Difficulties in the question of how to turn off the voice when making a call on the iPhone should not arise, since the actions are clear.
Updating and supporting other services requires users to know how to enable sounding of incoming calls on the iPhone. Starting from version 10, iOS notifies about the caller in several versions (modes). Alert options:
- Through headphones. Siri Assistant announces subscriber name if headset is connected.
- Car audio system.
- Never. If you completely disable speaking in iPhone when you call.
- Always. Regardless of the modes, the notification works constantly.
How to turn off voice when calling on iPhone
This article gives an idea of how to turn off or turn on sounding of incoming calls on iPhone. The system provides an opportunity to know who is calling you without taking the gadget out of your Learn how to operate the function.
Old telephones from well-known manufacturers made it possible to hear the caller’s name. The iOS operating system makes it possible to activate the function of pronouncing the name when calling on the iPhone.
Inclusion and deactivation is performed in the “Settings”.
Voice acting is triggered by Siri’s question-and-answer system. It configures the type of voices in the assistant with changing the language and gender (in the corresponding section of the settings). Let’s see how you can control the function and its settings.
How to find out who is calling me without taking out the phone
iPhone provides customers with the opportunity to set unique vibrations for specific calls (in the event that the user does not want to turn off the speech of an incoming call on the iPhone). We install a unique vibrating alert to specific numbers:
- In the phone book, we are looking for the desired subscriber and click “Change”.
- In the “Ringtone” tab, click on “Vibration”. “Create vibration”.
- On the indicated area, by constantly holding the finger, we create a continuous vibration, and alternating. by poking.
Information on how to disable voice guidance on iPhone is relevant for lovers of silence or for adding technical variety to a gadget.
How to turn off the voice assistant on a Samsung TV?
The voice guidance of these models can be turned off as follows:
- on the control panel, press the Menu key or press the “Settings” button directly on the screen itself;
- go to the “Sound” section;
- select the button “Additional settings”;
- then go to the “Sound signals” tab;
- press the “Disable” button;
How to make it tell who is calling on iPhone?
All about Mac, iPhone, iPad, iOS, macOS and Apple TV.… How to enable the function of speaking the name of the caller in iPhone
- Open Settings.
- Select the Phone settings section.
- Tap Announce Calls.
How to set Siri to speak Who’s calling?
To enable this option and start using it, you must:
- Open mobile device settings.
- Go to the section on handling calls Phone.
- Find the Call Announcement option.
How to turn off Airpods voice control?
- go to Settings. General. Universal access. Home;
- find the section Press and hold to speak;
- check the box Voice control.
How to disable double tap on the screen?
You can just try calling your smartphone or tablet. When the call is reflected on the screen, cancel it and quickly go to the settings, then double-click in “security” to turn off the screen lock.
How to disable triple tap on iPhone?
To use the quick command for accessibility, click the Home button three times. To slow down the speed when you double- or triple-click the Home button, go to Settings Accessibility Home, and then change the settings.
How to Disable / Disable Voice Control on iPhone
Many iPhone users often encounter such a problem, which is called “Voice control”. Today we’ll talk about disabling this function.
This feature is activated when you hold down the Home button. If you do this, then an assistant appears who carries out your commands related to the phone.
I would also like to say that the problem manifests itself in the independent inclusion of the assistant, dialing numbers and much more. Everyone is just enraged by this and everyone wants to get rid of this annoying function as soon as possible.
How to turn off voice control on iPhone with iOS 10.2 or higher?
If you are the lucky owner of an iPhone with iOS 10.2 or higher, then you get the opportunity to completely disable the Voice control function.
To successfully disable this feature, follow these steps:
open Settings and go to the Basic item, select Universal Access;
scroll down a long time and select the item Home and in the item “Press and hold to pronounce”. boldly press Off;
Try to hold down the button now. You probably felt bliss, because many were waiting for this and it happened. It would seem a trifle, but how much we need to be happy. just add new functionality to the iPhone.
How to remove voice control on iPhone with iOS 10.1.1 and below?
If you have an iPhone running iOS 10.1.1 or older, then you’re a little out of luck. Why exactly I’ll tell you a little later, but now let’s start turning off the voice control function.
We take the phone in hand and do the following:
click on the Settings icon and go to Touch ID and passcode, then dial our code;
we type our password, scroll down a little and turn off Voice dialing.
It seems that everyone got rid of it. But Apple has not fully thought out everything and still has active Music Management. So when you hold down the button, the function will still be active.
Everyone complained, called Apple support and she heard. Then you can read what the company has done in the next version.
Sometimes Apple’s logic is not very understandable, because you could immediately add the ability to disable Voice Control if many sent complaints about this.
But now we got through to her, so if you have not updated yet, then rather download the new firmware and do the above steps.
How to disable Alice in the browser. method 2
The second way to disable the voice assistant is from another tab of Yandex Browser settings:
- Enter “Yandex Browser Settings”.
- In the context menu, select “Add-ons”.
- In the “Yandex Services” section, in the “Alice Voice Assistant” option, move the switch to the “Off” position.
How to disable Alice on Android in Yandex Browser
Many users use Yandex Browser on their smartphones instead of the Yandex application, to save more battery power, because this is a less “gluttonous” option.
To disable the voice assistant, follow these steps on your mobile device:
- Open Yandex Browser on your phone.
- In the lower left corner of the screen, click on the three vertical dots.
- In the menu that opens, click on the “Settings” item.
- In the list of options, find “Voice capabilities”.
- In the “Voice Assistant Alice” window, enable the “Do not use voice” radio button.
The Alice voice assistant function will be disabled in the Yandex browser.
How to disable or remove Alice from computer and phone
In this guide, we will analyze how to remove Alice from a computer or phone completely, or how to disable Alice in a browser, on a computer or on a phone. Many users encounter Alice on their devices, not everyone likes the intrusiveness of this Yandex application.
Voice assistant Alice was created by Yandex, acting as a virtual assistant for users of smartphones and computers. Alice is built into Yandex search, Yandex.Navigator, Launcher, Yandex.Browser in mobile and desktop versions.
Alice is ready to help the user in different situations: to answer a user’s question, go to a specific site, check literacy, get directions, suggest a piece of music being played, find out news, what time it is, etc. This is a pretty good set of functions designed to help users.
Along with the positive aspects, some users experience discomfort from the intrusiveness of the application in some situations. Also, from a privacy point of view, using a voice assistant is not the best way to keep your privacy. It is possible that it is not by chance that this voice assistant is popularly nicknamed “Major Alice”.
If the assistant is enabled on the device, after clicking on the icon on the taskbar in Windows, a window will open with a greeting: “Hello, I am the voice assistant Alice.” Another option: the user independently launches the voice assistant with the phrase: “Listen, Alice”.
There are two ways to restrict the use of Alice on a device:
- remove Alice permanently;
- disable Alice for a while.
In the first case, Alice’s voice assistant will be removed from the laptop or desktop computer. In the second case, Alice will be disabled on the device for a while, until the user independently launches the application again.
In the instructions in this article, we will look at how to completely remove Alice from a computer or Android phone, or how to disable Alice for a while on different devices.
How to remove voice assistant Alice from computer in Windows 10
In the Windows 10 operating system, you can uninstall Alice in another way, by going through a few steps:
- From the Start Menu, launch the Settings app.
- In the “Options” window go to “Applications”.
- In the section “Applications and features” find the program “Voice assistant Alice”.
- Left click on the application name.
- Click on the “Delete” button.
- In the warning window, agree to remove the voice assistant from your computer.
If the user is not satisfied with the removal of programs using the Windows operating system, use a specialized program. the uninstaller.
How to remove Alice from Android phone
Now I will tell you how to remove Alice from Android. I will show the process of removing the application using the example of a “clean” operating system Android 9 Pie.
- Go to “Settings”, select “Apps & notifications”.
- Find the Yandex application in the list of programs.
- Click on the Yandex application icon.
- In the About Yandex window, click the Delete button. If the application is installed by the device manufacturer and cannot be uninstalled, click on the “Disable” button.
How to remove Alice from a computer completely in Windows
First, let’s see how to remove Alice from Windows in operating systems: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10. With this method, the application is uninstalled in the same way in different OS versions.
To remove Alice from a laptop or stationary PC, follow these steps:
- Enter Control Panel (read here how to enter Control Panel in Windows 10), select “Programs and Features”.
- In the window “Uninstall or change the program” find the application “Voice Assistant Alice”.
- Select the program, right-click on it, select “Uninstall” in the context menu.
How to disable Alice on a computer
If the user does not need the voice assistant at the moment, it can be turned off.
- Right-click on Alice’s icon located on the taskbar.
- In the context menu that opens, select “Turn off Alice”.
After that, the program icon will disappear from the Windows taskbar.
How to turn off voice guidance on iPhone
Everyone knows that Apple devices are thought out to the smallest detail. They have VoiceOver for those diagnosed with an eye condition. If it is activated, then all actions (menu navigation, messages, calls, etc.) will be sounded. Thus, if your smartphone began to “talk”, then everything is in order with it: for some reason, the option for visually impaired users turned on.
Today we will talk about how to disable voice guidance on iPhone.
But before we get to the problem of turning off the voice on iPhone on a call, let’s take a look at turning off Siri. The fact is that in addition to the VoiceOver function, there is also a voice assistant, which can also be the reason for pronouncing all the manipulations. Proceed like this:
- Go to the “Settings”.
- Find Siri & Search.
Reasons for activating VoiceOver
A common reason for activating VoiceOver is triple pressing the Home button. In other words, enabling this option may be caused by the fact that you wanted to open the multitasking menu, but clicked on the center key more than necessary.
How to turn off VoiceOver
Well, now let’s deal with the main question. It will take no more than 5 minutes to turn off speaking on iPhone. This is done in the “Settings”.
- Go to the “Settings” section. Find the item “Accessibility”.
- Move the toggle switch next to VoiceOver to the left.
Important! Remember to press the buttons twice when VoiceOver is activated. If you click on the key only once, you will hear the description of the object.
Solving the problem with voice dialing on older models
IPhone “Conversations” can also be associated with voice dialing.
iPhone 6S / PLUS: How to Disable VoiceOver “Voice Over” Step by Step!!!
To turn off voice dialing on the eighth and seventh iPhone, you need to turn on Siri, which will start when you hold down the Home button. For this:
- Go to the “Settings”.
- Find the item “Basic”.
- Move the toggle switch next to Siri to the right side.
Note! On the ninth and newer iPhones, voice dialing is not provided: only Siri is implemented in them.
If you own a fourth generation iPhone running iOS version seven, then the standard method will not work for you. In this case, you need to download and install the special software Disable Voice Control from Cydia, and then restart the gadget.
If you are so conservative that you still use the iPhone 3GS, then follow three steps:
- Go to the “Settings”.
- Find the item “Basic”, and in it the line “Password protection”.
- Move the slider to inactive position (it should change color from blue to gray).
We hope you figured out how to turn off caller sound on iPhone. If you still have questions, then ask them in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев.
How to turn off accessibility on iPhone?
Go to “Settings” “General” “Accessibility”. Go to “Voice Over” (a function that speaks each menu item that is highlighted or on the screen). Turn off if you want to turn off voice commands.
How to remove double click on iPhone?
If you are not satisfied with this state of affairs, then you can reduce the speed of double or triple click. To do this, open Settings → General → Accessibility → Home. Here you can select such double or triple tap options as “Slow” or “Very slow.” May 15, 2016.
How to remove the voice assistant?
- Open the Settings app.
- Click Special. features and then TalkBack.
- Disable the function.
How to turn off Voice Assistant on iPhone?
To do this, follow these steps.
- Go to Settings VoiceOver Accessibility and click Oral Content.
- Click “Voice” and select the voice you want to remove.
- Click “Change”.
- Click. then click Remove. Or swipe left to remove.
How to Turn off VoiceOver (Talk Back) on iPhone X
How to completely turn off voice control?
Open the Google app on your smartphone. In the lower right corner, click the icon with three horizontal lines and open “Settings”. Then select “Language. Voice Search”. Tap the blue button next to “Recognize OK Google” to turn it off.
How to disable Siri on iPhone iOS 13?
Delete conversations with Siri from Apple servers
- Open “Settings” → “Siri and Search”.
- Disable two items: “Listen to” Hey Siri “and” Call Siri with the “Home” button. On iPhone X / XS / XR, the second feature is called Side Button Call Siri.
- You will see a warning about deleting data from the server. Click Disable Siri.
How to disable Siri service on iPhone?
- Go to the “Settings” section.
- Select department “Basic”.
- Go to the “Restrictions” section and enter the pre-registered password.
- Opposite “Siri and Dictation”, check the deactivation checkbox.
How to remove the voice assistant?
Option 2: Disable TalkBack in device settings.
- Open the Settings app.
- Select Special. TalkBack features.
- Set the switch to OFF.
How to turn off Siri on iPhone 7?
- Open Settings. General.
- Select Siri and switch to “Disabled”.
- Confirm to turn off Siri voice assistant on your iPhone.
- There was also an item to disable only the response to “Hey Siri”.
How to turn off voice control on iPhone 7?
Under Press and Hold to Speak, select one of these options:
- Siri: Siri will respond when you press and hold the Home button.
- Classic Voice Control responds when you press and hold the Home button.
- Off: Pressing and holding the Home button will not answer.
How to turn off Siri on iPhone 7?
How to turn off Siri
Go to the “Settings” menu.
Select General → Siri.
Slide the Siri switch to inactive.
How to disable voice dialing on iPhone running iOS 7 and iOS 8
On iPhones running iOS 7 and iOS 8, voice dialing is disabled by activating Siri. Apple’s proprietary voice assistant will replace the voice dialing function by starting to launch by holding the Home button. We note that starting with iOS 9, the voice dialing function has been completely replaced by Siri. It is impossible to disable voice dialing on iOS 9 and newer versions of Apple’s mobile operating system.
Go to the “Settings” menu.
Select General → Siri.
Activate the Siri switch.
How to turn off voice dialing on iPhone 4
On iPhone 4 running one of the versions of iOS 7, turning off voice dialing by standard means is not provided. You can get rid of the function using a special tweak from Cydia called Disable Voice Control. All you need to do is install the tweak and reboot your device.
How to turn off voice control on iPhone
Not all iPhone and iPad owners are accustomed to using the voice functions of their devices. Fortunately, disabling even the most annoying ones is pretty easy. In this tutorial, we’ve rounded up ways to turn off all voice functions on iPhone and iPad, including Siri, voice dialing (removed in iOS 9), and VoiceOver.
Advice! Siri on iPhone and iPad can be turned off completely, even to make the voice assistant section disappear from the device’s settings. Read more about this in this manual.
Turn off VoiceOver
If for any reason the VoiceOver function was activated on your device, as a result of which, instead of pressing the system, it began to speak the elements of the system interface, then you need to turn off the function in the settings. This is done as follows:
Important: When VoiceOver is on, you must press twice to perform an action. As a result of a single press, the function will only speak the description of the selected object.
Go to the “Settings” menu.
Select “General” → “Accessibility”.
Go to the VoiceOver section and slide the switch of the same name to the inactive position.
Disable voice control on older iPhones
Older phones are considered to be running iOS 10.1.1 or lower. In this case, to turn off the voice control function, you must:
- Enter “Settings”.
- Select the “Touch ID” section.
- Enter four-digit code.
- Disable “Voice Assistant”.
As you can see, the procedure is identical to the previous paragraph.
For your information! It is phones up to the sixth model that are equipped with the old operating system. In them, the shutdown function does not work completely, the music option remains enabled. The owners of the devices wrote a lot of letters to the technical support service and only in the new versions were the developers able to take into account the wishes of the buyers.
How to turn off voice control on iPhone
The procedure for disabling the voice assistant function depends on the version of the phone’s operating system. iOS. You can find it out in several ways. First, using an iPhone:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Select the section “Basic”.
- Open the “About device” tab.
This will open a page listing the main features of the phone, including the version of the operating system. It can also be found through the “Software Update” tab of the “Basic” section.
Another option is using a computer and iTunes:
- Connect mobile phone to computer using USB adapter or Lightning cable.
- Open iTunes. It can be downloaded to any computer that supports both Windows and MAC.
- Wait for the device to boot up. Select it in the main window, go to the “Overview” tab.
The page that opens will also display basic data on the device, including software.
But in general, the order can be described by the versions of the device. for older and modern iPhones. So, how to remove voice guidance on iPhone?
How to turn off voice control on iPhone
The development of modern information technologies is taking place rapidly. Developers are increasingly offering users new unique solutions and functions. All of them have one purpose. to make the use of the device as comfortable as possible. Today we will focus on voice assistants. What is it, how are they useful and how to disable them, if in everyday life they, on the contrary, complicate the use of the device.
How to turn off Siri’s voice assistant on iPhone
Siri voice assistant and voice control option are two different functions. Siri is a software package developed on the basis of artificial intelligence. She is able to recognize a human voice, maintain a conversation, answer various questions, execute some commands.
To activate the voice assistant, you do not need to hold down certain keys. They are triggered by voice. It is especially convenient when performing various daily activities: cooking, driving, playing sports.
Note! Siri is able to improve the standard of living of people with disabilities, make them more social, mobile, teach them to interact with the world.
But this function may not be useful for everyone. You can disable it in just three steps:
- Open the “General” section in “Settings”.
- Select “Restrictions”. Enter a four-digit password, confirm the changes.
- Disable the slider opposite Siri and Dictation.
Voice control information
The voice assistant from iPhone “Voice Over” was developed by Apple to help visually impaired people with visual impairments. He speaks the graphical interface, helps with the following actions:
- a set of messages, text, notes, pronouncing each key;
- opening menu sections: names applications, components;
- clarification of reference information;
- support in solving problems of a technical nature;
- navigation, map applications;
- dubbing texts, documents.
Note! Turning on the voice function changes the structure of the phone. To launch applications, for example, you have to double-click on the icon. When pressed for the first time, the program name sounds.
This feature can be a real lifesaver for some people. But it so happens that the user turns it on out of curiosity or accidentally, and then cannot turn it off. How to turn off voice control on iPhone?
Disable Voice Control on iPhone 6
Voice control is included on every iPhone. But depending on the device model, its operating system, the set of options changes slightly. So, for example, on some devices, you can turn on and off music by voice, make calls, type messages, find out the weather forecast, make a request in search engines, connect a headset or headphones.
Note! This option can be useful because it significantly speeds up the process, helps not to be distracted from business, work, driving a car, acts only as a background.
But not everyone likes this opportunity. It interferes, distracts, does not allow you to take full advantage of the device. Then you need to turn off the voice control of the iPhone version 6 S or SE. This can be done in two ways. The first is direct shutdown. You can disable it according to the following algorithm:
- Go to “Tinctures”.
- Select the “Touch ID” tab.
- Enter the password used on the device. This is required to make changes.
- Move the slider to an inoperative state next to the “Voice dialing” line.
For your information! Although voice dialing is disabled, music playback by voice commands remains active.
The second way is to launch the voice assistant Siri (Siri). When it runs, other options used by similar commands are automatically closed. To activate the assistant, you need to move the slider to the active state in the “Touch ID” tab opposite the “Voice Assistant” section.
Disable voice control on modern iPhones
In the modern software version iOS 10.2 and higher, the developers took into account the wishes of customers, provided the opportunity to completely disable the Voice Control option.
How to disable voice guidance on iPhone completely? This requires:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Select “Basic”.
- Open the “Accessibility” tab.
- Click on “Home”. “Press and hold to speak”. “Turn off”.
Disabling the function on modern iPhones
Now the control function is completely disabled.
Disable Voice Control on iPhone
To date, hundreds of millions of users use the iPhone as smartphones. The main reasons for this are on the surface: perfect design, convenience, versatility, status and various useful features. One of these features is the voice control feature that iPhones (and iPod touch) support.
Voice control of the i-gadget helps you interact with the device through your voice (just like Siri). This auxiliary program fulfills its purpose. Someone thinks this is convenient, but many conservative users are simply annoyed by it. It is on the opinions of the second category of people that this article will be focused to a greater extent.
We will focus on how to turn off voice control in the second part of the article, and first, we recall that starting with iOS 8th generation, iPhone voice applications recognize Russian speech.
Therefore, in a few words, we will outline how to use the voice control function of your phone. There are two options for manipulating the device using your voice. This is the “Voice Dial” and the question-answer application “Siri”.
In addition, the word voice / Voice is present in the voice guidance function “VoiceOver” (despite the presence of a single-root word, control in this case is carried out using gestures).
Voice control on the iPhone can be done through the built-in microphone of the device, or using a headset (or Bluetooth headphones). After the “Home” button is pressed, you need to keep it in this state until the sound signal. The “Voice Control” menu appears on the iPhone screen with four commands (Siri menu. microphone icon).
When using a headset, pressing “Home”, you need to wait for the “Voice control” window to appear. It is advisable to give the application more information. For example, when giving a short name, add the last name. Or by calling someone in whose contact several phone numbers are stored, name the category of the required phone (cell, home, work, etc.).
If you have problems with the function, you need to check whether the protective case (film) interferes with the process, clean the microphone or turn off / turn on the iPhone itself.
It is important to remember that while using Siri, you cannot use Voice Control. Therefore, below is a graphical instruction on how to disable Siri. The path to this is as follows:
- Enter “Settings”;
- Select the item “Basic”;
- Click on “Siri” and in the sub-item deactivate the function by moving the slider;
- Confirm the action by choosing “Disable Siri”;
Now you can safely speak, controlling the device using the “Voice dialing” function. Those who do not like this function are invited to carry out the following algorithm of actions:
- Open “Settings” on iPhone. “Password”;
- Select “Enable password” and enter a numeric combination;
- Move the slider against “Voice dialing” to the off position;
- Select “Disable password”, confirming this with a valid combination.
Now the function will not bother you. In this case, voice commands for music control will still be active. Happy owners of an iPhone 4 or a rare 3GS will find it harder to get rid of this feature. To achieve this goal, it will be necessary to abuse the i-device through a jailbreak. After that, install the Disable Voice Control tweak, activate this application using Winterboard (as a theme). And after reboot, the changes will be activated.
Thanks for attention. We are waiting for your questions and opinions in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев.
Do not forget to read the Комментарии и мнения владельцев, there is also a lot of useful information. If there is no answer to your question, and there is an answer to later Комментарии и мнения владельцев, then the answer to your question is contained in the article, respect someone else’s time.