How to unlock iPhone if you forgot your password
How to unlock iPhone 5 / 5s if you forgot your password
Entering your iPhone password is a sure-fire way to keep prying eyes from your personal data. Well, what if you forget your password? Entering the wrong passcode multiple times brings up a message stating that your iPhone is disabled, sometimes some iPhone consumers have it locked for several years. Whether you receive this message or you just know you forgot your password, follow these 3 steps to regain access to your iPhone.
There are 3 main ways to remove passcode and restore a new one: using iTunes, iCloud or recovery mode.
How to Recover iPhone Password via iTunes
If your device was previously synchronized with iTunes, then you can restore it. This will erase the data on the phone and its password. Below are the step-by-step instructions for using iTunes to remove and restore your iPhone.
Connect the device to the computer on which the sync action was completed;
Open iTunes. If a message appears asking you to enter the password, use another computer on which you will also do the synchronization;
Wait, after completing the synchronization and backup, click “Restore [device]”;
In the process of restoring an iOS device, the setup page will open, click “Restore from iTunes copy”;
Then select your device in iTunes. Look at the creation date and size of each backup and choose the one that suits you best.
If iPhone / iPad / iPod has not previously synced with iTunes.
In this situation, follow these steps:
Put your mobile device into recovery mode. To do this, you need to connect the USB cable to your computer, but do not connect it to your mobile device yet. Your iPhone must be turned off. to do this, simply hold the Power (Lock) button until the slider appears on the screen, and then swipe it. With your phone turned off, press and hold the HOME button and connect the USB cable to your device. The smartphone screen will light up and you will see the Apple logo. Do not release the HOME button until you see the iTunes and USB cable logo on the screen. As soon as it appears, release the home button. That’s it, you’ve put your mobile device into recovery mode.
Now in the pop-up iTunes window, click on the “Restore” button and wait for the process to complete.
How to Unlock Locked iPhone via iCloud
If you’ve enabled Find iPhone on your device, you’ll be able to use iCloud to remove and restore too. Use this option if you don’t have access to your phone, or if you’re syncing with iCloud and not iTunes. Check out how to use iCloud to erase your iPhone.
As mentioned, you must have Find iPhone configured on your device before it is stolen. If you have done so, go to https://www.icloud.com/ in your web browser;
Sign in to iCloud using the account you used when you set up Find My iPhone. This is likely your Apple ID / iTunes account;
Click Find My iPhone in the web tools offered by iCloud. Find My iPhone immediately starts trying to find all the devices you have turned on. You will see onscreen messages as it works;
If you have more than one device installed for Find My iPhone, click All Devices at the top of the screen and select the device you are looking for;
And then you can click “Erase”. This will erase all data on your phone, preventing a thief from accessing it;
After that, you can restore from a backup device or set up as new. It should be noted that you need to connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi or cellular in order for you to use the Find My iPhone service.
How to jailbreak iPhone if you forgot your password using a handy tool
If your iPhone is not connected to any of the services mentioned above, this article also provides one of the easiest and fastest ways to fix your problem. Tenorshare 4uKey. is an iPhone unlocking tool that allows you to unlock your iPhone without a passcode. The software is also available in Russian.
Download and install the program on your PC / Mac before we start.
Run the program and connect iPhone to computer via USB cable.
After the tool recognizes your device, you can press “Start” to remove the iPhone passcode.
Before unlocking iPhone passcode, download the latest iOS firmware over the Internet.
When the software is downloaded to your computer, you can click Open Now to start iPhone recovery without passcode.
The whole process takes a few minutes. Please keep your device connected to the system recovery process.
When the iPhone passcode is removed successfully, you can set your iPhone as new, including passcode, touch ID.
Phone password protection is relatively strong, good for security, but bad if you forget your password. Don’t let a forgotten password prevent you from using the passcode in the future; this is too important for security. Just make sure that next time you use a password that will be easier for you to remember (but not so easy to guess!) I wish this article is useful to you. !
How to Unlock iPhone X / 8/7/6 / 5S Without iTunes If Forgot Password
By resetting the bad attempt counter
When the sixth incorrect password is entered, the smartphone is automatically locked, but for a while. Do you still hope to enter the correct keyboard shortcut? Then unlocking iPhone 7 is possible, but you need to reset the counter of wrong attempts.
- Connect iPhone 7 or 7 plus to PC;
- In iTunes, click on “Devices” and select the function “Sync with (device name)”;
- The password will be reset. You can use this method an infinite number of times.
Recovery without saving information. flashing
The whole process is complicated, but if you follow the instructions carefully, unlocking the iPhone 7, 7 plus will not take much effort. Carefully choose the site from which the download will take place, since putting a virus into the phone and breaking it is a much simpler task than flashing.
- Download to your PC the firmware suitable for your gadget with the resolution IPSW.
- Open File Explorer and the downloaded document with.IPSW resolution, then move it to the iPhone Software Updates folder.
- Turn on iTunes, press ctrl “Restore iPhone”. Click on the downloaded file in the window that appears and wait for the firmware to finish. Unlocking iphone 7 will occur along with clearing all information from the device.
Using iTunes on a previous sync
The most effective solution to help unlock iPhone 7 if it is locked. Remember if the gadget was synchronized with the program before it was locked. If the answer is yes, then immediately connect the smartphone to the computer, and then follow the instructions
The created copies of all files (music, contacts, videos and notes) will allow you not to lose important information and transfer it to the restored device. How to unlock iPhone 7 if you don’t know the password and the icloud of the gadget? Using the recovery procedure.
- Put your smartphone into firmware update mode. Hold the side lock and home button combination for ten seconds. Does the “Apple” light up on the display? Let go of the lock, but don’t let go of Home. Then there will be a signal to connect your smartphone to iTunes.
- Connect the smartphone to a personal computer using a cable. Wait for recognition, then use the “Restore” function. After pressing and finishing the process, you will have an unlocked device in your hands with all the saved information, and a forgotten password will no longer cause problems. The easiest way to unlock iPhone 7 is through iTunes, as it will take a little over an hour, but the information will be successfully transferred to your device.
By installing new firmware
By flashing, you can restore a locked gadget, but the phone will be completely cleared. Also on 7th version models it is not possible to downgrade the iOS version.
Use your PC to open iCloud and sign in with your Apple ID. Find My iPhone must be turned on and then open the All Devices tab. After selecting your device and pressing the “Restore” button, the forgotten combination of numbers will be reset shortly.
IPhone Unlock Methods
10 attempts. the limit on entering a passcode on Apple devices. This is done to protect a person’s personal information from hacking.
Starting with the iPhone 5s, the TouchID fingerprint is included. Despite this, many users continue to use the standard password. And the more complex the code, the more chances that the user himself will not be able to remember it. We will analyze the methods of solving the problem, and also find out if it is possible to unlock the iPhone 7 if it was locked as lost.
How to unlock iPhone 7, 7 Plus if it is locked
How to unlock iPhone 7 if you forgot your screen lock password? A combination of forgotten numbers will help to reset the counter reset procedure or data recovery. Everything in order.
Using a special program (only after jailbreak)
How to unlock iPhone 7 when jailbroken by another person? The previously described methods become irrelevant, the only solution is to download the Semi-store. But it requires OpenSSH and Cydia to work properly.
The first step is to go to the official semi-restore website. Download the program from there, and then connect the gadget to your computer. After clicking on the “SemiRestore” icon, a green bar will appear, indicating that the device has been completely cleared. When the process is over, the iphone 7 or 7 plus will be unlocked, since the passcode will also be reset.
If your device turns off after entering incorrect numbers
This is actually sad. All you can do in this case is to erase the data from the smartphone and try to resume it from the backup. Yes, it is for such cases that additional data are created, or as they are also called “backup” data in iTunes or iCloud, so if trouble has not happened yet, but you are prone to forgetting passwords, it is better to make it a rule to create backups. If you did not know what it was before or did not use this function because of self-confidence, we are afraid that most of your data will disappear without a trace.
How to resume access to an iPhone
There are three ways to help you get back access to your iPhone if you are lucky enough to forget your password. All of them are quite difficult to execute, but if such a misfortune has happened, they will be suitable for realizing the goal of resuming access to your favorite device.
Recover using an iCloud account
iCloud is another way to save your iPhone, if you accidentally remember the password from it or have already used 6 incorrect pairs of numbers. This service provides an emergency copy function, so you will be given the opportunity to reset the lock using iCloud and continue using your smartphone.
To do this, you will need to follow these steps:
- Connect to your iCloud account using the account you used to set up Find My iPhone on the phone that’s locked
- Now go into the app and click Find iPhone from the list of tools available in iCloud. Yes, it’s a little silly, since you have not lost your iPhone at all, and it is next to you, but this is how you need to go to the next step in restoring your device.
- Next, you should click on the “Clear data from iPhone” function to delete all information, as well as passwords from the phone.
- Of course, the application will warn you that your data will be erased and offer to refuse, but if you do not remember your password for sure, it is better to confirm the action.
- All your data will be erased and in fact you will receive a completely updated iPhone.
- Turn on the device, go to all your services, basically. iCloud. Now your smartphone is with you again, but most likely you will have to download all applications again, notes and much more will not be saved.
Restore if there is no backup
If you are from those people who did not create a copy for the data on your iPhone, but managed to block it, do not worry, because we have a way for you too.
After this method, all your data will be deleted, but you can still use your device.
Attention! If this option does not suit you, or you are not sure whether you have an emergency copy, it is better to contact the service center. Perhaps the masters can somehow save your smartphone.
If you decide to delete your data, then you need to do the following:
- Turn off your iPhone if it hasn’t disconnected by itself
- Use a cable to connect your device to your computer or laptop
- Perform an emergency restart of the phone (we wrote about how to do this for different models here)
- Do not release the necessary buttons until the notification “Connecting to iTunes” lights up on the phone screen
- Enter the iTunes app on your computer
- Select “Resume”
After this operation, your smartphone is completely cleaned and restored. You will need to reload all applications, there may be no photos, videos or notes. But this is much better than getting a “brick” instead of a phone. In addition, the device should now work much faster and if there were any viruses on it, they should all be gone. And all applications can be restored again, like numbers, music, and so on.
Recover iPhone with iTunes Copy Data
If you made an emergency copy of your phone data through iTunes, then it will be much easier for you to deal with the problem of lost access to your iPhone.
To do this, you will need to do the following:
- Use a cable to connect your locked device to a laptop or computer
- Go to the iTunes application under your nickname
- On the control screen in the iTunes app, select the Resume button
- You will be prompted to enter your iTunes account information
- Attention! Only use the account you used to sign in to your iPhone. Then follow the instructions to re-register your device
- Choose exactly the backup that was created as close as possible to the moment you lost your device password. Often there is only one available, but if you have more than one, you can choose any you want. iTunes restores your settings and data after choosing a backup to use.
Check your settings, apps, music, and photos after the renewal is complete. Also note that sometimes it takes a while for everything to recover. For example, music will take longer to recover normally (up to an hour), so don’t panic if you don’t see your favorite tracks on your iPhone after restoring a copy of your data.
How to unlock iPhone if you forgot your password: 3 ways
If you’ve forgotten your iPhone passcode and don’t know what to do. you should definitely read this article. After all, here we tell you how to reset your password and restore access to a locked iPhone.
Such a nuisance can happen to anyone. If you just wanted to protect your information and valuable data, set a very complex password and thought: “Well, I definitely can’t forget it.” And then it turns out that you still had to write it down on a piece of paper, because despite all the “lightness” of this combination of numbers, you managed to forget them. What to do in this case, read our instructions.
Unfortunately, if you have lost in your head the numbers for unlocking your iPhone, then your actions are very limited. Because it is enough to enter the wrong numbers only 6 times in a row, as your smartphone turns off and that’s it. Apple came up with this feature so that those who steal your device could not steal your data or photos or freely use your smartphone. Once your iPhone turns off, you have no choice but to download the data from the backup.
If you need professional help with any iPhone system / technical issues, you can contact the iLab Service Center.
Finally. Don’t forget your iPhone passcode
Apple works very hard to preserve your personal information, so it gives you many options for personalization, customization, security, and more. But the very restoration of the device by each of the ways can once and for all do away with not only your personal data, but also with the device itself, if you do something wrong. In addition, frequent emergency reboots can ruin your device and damage the software. Therefore, take your password seriously, write it down somewhere in a notepad, save it to your Google drive as a document if you are not sure what to remember. This gives you a backup plan for emergency situations.
Have a nice time of day and successful recovery of your iPhone!
How to Unlock iPhone Using Recovery Mode
Connect iPhone via USB to any computer and open iTunes.
2. After that, you need to hold down two buttons simultaneously: “Sleep” and “Home”. Keep them for a long time, even when the device starts to reboot. You need to wait for the recovery mode window. On iPhone 7 and 7s, hold down two buttons: Sleep and Volume Down. Hold them just as long.
At the end of the recovery, the password will be reset.
How to unlock iPhone if you forgot your password?
When do I need to unlock my iPhone? Despite the fact that most iPhones have fingerprint scanners, many of them continue to use digital passwords out of habit. There are also owners of phone models 4 and 4s, in which the fingerprint scanner is not built in at all. Plus there is a chance of glitches in the scanner. That is why thousands of people are still faced with the problem of a forgotten password.
How to Unlock iPhone by Resetting Bad Attempts Counter
Connect your phone to your computer with a USB cable and turn on iTunes. It is important that Wi-Fi or mobile Internet is turned on on the mobile.
2. Wait a little while the program “sees” the phone and select the “Devices” menu item. Then click “Sync with (your iPhone’s name)”.
Immediately after the start of synchronization, the counter will reset to zero. You can keep trying to enter the correct password.
Remember that the counter cannot be reset by simply rebooting the device.
How to unlock iPhone via iCloud
First of all, you need to follow the link https://www.icloud.com/#find from any device, no matter whether it is a smartphone or a computer.
2. If before that you did not enter the site and did not save your password, at this stage you need to enter the data from your Apple ID profile. If you forgot your account password, go to the last section of the article on how to reset iPhone password for Apple ID.
3. At the top of the screen, you will see the All Devices list. Click on it and select the device you need, if there are several.
Important! Even if the service is activated, but at the same time access to Wi-Fi or mobile Internet is disabled on the phone, this method will not work.
Without an internet connection, most of the ways to hack iPhone passcode won’t work.
How to unlock iPhone with iTunes on previous sync
Use a USB cable to connect your phone to your computer and wait until it appears in the list of devices.
2. Open iTunes. If at this step the phone starts asking for a password again, try connecting it to another computer or use recovery mode. In the latter case, you will have to postpone the question of how to unlock your iPhone and recover the passcode first. Learn more about it in method 4. Do not forget to check if you have the latest version of the program, if you need to update the program here. http://www.Apple.com/ru/iTunes/.
Now you need to wait, some time iTunes will sync the data. This process can take several hours, but it’s worth it if you need the data.
When iTunes informs you that the sync is complete, select “Recover Data from iTunes Backup.” Using backups is the easiest thing to do if you’ve forgotten your iPhone password.
If you are unlucky enough to have a pre-made backup of your phone or you don’t need the data, read on and choose another method.
How to Unlock iPhone by Installing New Firmware
Attention! Choose your source for downloading the firmware carefully. If there is a virus inside it, it can completely break your iPhone. You won’t be able to find out how to unlock it. Do not ignore the warnings of the antivirus program and do not download files with the extension.exe
Use your computer to find and download the firmware for your iPhone model with the.IPSW extension. This extension is the same for all models. For example, almost all official firmwares can be found here.
2. Enter Explorer and move the firmware file to the folder at C: \ Documents and Settings \ the username you are using \ Application Data \ Apple Computer \ iTunes \ iPhone Software Updates.
Now connect your device to your computer via USB cable and enter iTunes. Go to your phone section (if you have multiple devices). Each model will have a full technical name and you can easily find yours.
Press CTRL and “Restore iPhone”. You will be able to select the firmware file that you downloaded. Click on it and click “Open”.
How to reset iPhone DO to factory settings if you forgot your password without a computer?
Recovery Mode to Unlock iPhone if Forgot Password
- Turn off your phone.
- Connect it to your computer.
- Select Recovery Mode from the menu that appears.
- Turn on iTunes, click OK and then “Restore iPhone”.
- If a message appears about auto-checking for updates, click on the “check” button.
How to factory reset iPhone 5s with buttons?
Entering Recovery Mode
- Press the “Home” and “Power” buttons at the same time.
- The device will show a shutdown slider and then the screen will turn off.
- Wait until the device starts to boot and release the “Power” button.
- After 10-15 seconds, a cable image and an iTunes icon will appear on the screen.
What to do if you forgot iPhone password without erasing data?
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod to your work computer using a USB cable.
- Next, click on the “Solve all iOS freezes” button at the very bottom.
- When the download of the new firmware version is completed, you need to click on the “Start recovery” button.
What to do if you forgot your Apple ID and password upon activation?
Typically, your Apple ID is your email address. If you’ve forgotten your Apple ID, we’ll help you recover it. If you’ve forgotten your password, you can reset it on your device or on your Apple ID account page.
How to find Apple ID on a locked iPad?
- Open iTunes on your computer. On the top bar, click “Account”. In the menu that opens, the second line is the user’s Apple ID.
- If there is no such line, do the following: go to “Account”. “View”.
- The data you are looking for will be displayed in the “Browse Apple ID” section.
How to reset iPhone DO to factory settings using buttons?
- Press and release the volume up button.
- Press and release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.
- So to implement a Hard Reset, you need to hold down the volume down and Power buttons until the Apple logo appears.
How to Unlock a Disabled iPhone If You Forgot Password?
Justin Sabrina Updated on September 02, 2020
If you’ve completely forgotten your iPhone passcode that is now disabled, you’ll have to perform a factory reset on your device. You can reset your disabled iPhone using iTunes, or unlock your iPhone using iCloud. Find My iPhone or remove the screen passcode from iPhone using a third-party iPhone unlocking device such as UkeySoft Unlocker.
- If you enter the wrong password too many times, your iPhone will be locked. It is impossible to bypass the password without resetting the phone settings.
- Using iTunes, you can reset a disabled iPhone to factory settings and then restore apps and data from the latest backup.
- If you don’t have iTunes or a computer nearby, you can factory reset your iPhone using Apple’s Find My iPhone web page.
The good news about iPhone security is that a thief or overly curious stranger has little to no chance of accessing the data on your phone unless you place a password on a yellow sticker and attach it to the back of the case. (Even the FBI was unable to hack the suspects’ iPhones after serious crimes.)
After entering the wrong password just a few times, your iPhone will briefly block you from attempting to enter additional codes. Keep entering the wrong password and you may be permanently locked out.
Here’s what you can do if this situation arises.
how to unlock a disabled iPhone with Find My iPhone
If you’ve turned on Find My iPhone before, you can do the same with Apple’s Find My iPhone feature, which allows you to track your iOS devices and, in the worst case scenario, reset them if they are stolen and may not be recoverable. You can also take advantage of this opportunity for your disabled iPhone.
Open the Find My iPhone website in any browser.
Find your iPhone in the list of devices in the drop-down menu at the top of the screen and click on it.
Click “Erase iPhone” and then click “Erase” to confirm. You will still need to enter your Apple ID password to do this, but you won’t need an iPhone password.
Using Find My iPhone, you can erase data from a disconnected device and restore it to factory settings.
Once erased, it will revert to factory settings and you can follow the instructions to restore iPhone with the latest backup.
how to unlock a disabled iPhone using iTunes or Finder
On your computer, launch iTunes and connect your iPhone with a USB cable.
Start putting iPhone into recovery mode.
Depending on your iPhone model, you need to do one of the following two things:
If you have an iPhone 8 or newer, press the volume up button, then the volume down button, then press and hold the power button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
If you have an iPhone 7, press and hold the Power button for three seconds, then swipe the Power off slider to the right. Finally, press and hold the Volume Down button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
If you have an iPhone 6s or older, press and hold the Power button for three seconds, then swipe the Power off slider to the right. Then press and hold the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
3. On your computer, click “Recover”.
When iTunes detects that your iPhone is in recovery mode, it will give you the option to restore it to factory settings.
After completing this process, your iPhone will be reset to factory settings. Then follow the onscreen instructions to restore iPhone using the latest backup.
How to unlock a disabled iPhone with or without a computer
If your iPhone is disabled, the bad news is that there is no way to bypass the password and just restart the iPhone; if it was possible anyone could do it and it would break password security.
A disabled iPhone will warn you that you cannot log in for a certain period of time, which can last from a minute to forever.
Instead, you need to reset your iPhone to factory settings and then restore apps and data from the backup. It’s worth noting that this is one of the reasons why you should always have a current backup. See our article on How to Back Up Your iPhone to iCloud, Your Computer, or External Hard Drive to make sure your iPhone backs up regularly.
how to unlock a disabled iPhone with UkeySoft iPhone Unlocker
If you have forgotten your iPhone password or your device has been disabled, the most effective way to unlock your disabled iPhone is to use UkeySoft Unlocker.
UkeySoft Unlocker is one of the most reliable iPhone unlocking tools, it can fix a disabled iPhone or iPad without relying on iTunes, let’s show you how to unlock a disabled iPhone without iTunes or iCloud.
To find out how to unlock a disabled iPhone using UkeySoft Unlocker, you can simply follow these steps by downloading the iPhone unlocker on your PC or Mac computer.
1.Launch UkeySoft Unlocker on your PC or Mac. On the welcome screen, select the “Screen unlock code” option to start the process.
Now connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB to Lightning cable.
Put iPhone into recovery mode. Proceed by following the instructions.
After entering recovery mode, wait for a while as the application will recognize it automatically. After detecting your device, it will display an interface with information about your iPhone. In the new window, fill in the correct information regarding your iPhone model, firmware version, etc. Make sure you have entered the correct information before clicking the Download button.
Start by downloading the correct firmware package for your iPhone. UkeySoft Unlocker will automatically download the appropriate firmware update for your device. It may take a while for the download to complete.
How to unlock iphone when forgot password
After completing the download of the corresponding firmware update, click the “Start Unlock“.
UkeySoft Unlocker starts removing screen passcode from your disabled iPhone. Here you can see the complete process of unlocking iPhone on PC or Mac.
Upon successful completion, you will receive a notification with the following message: “Uninstallation completed”.
It will take a few minutes for your device to reboot, wait a few minutes and keep connecting your iPhone to your computer.
When the iPhone restarts, your disabled iPhone is successfully fixed. You will see “Hello” in many languages.
If you are not satisfied with the results, you can click the “Retry” button to repeat the process.
Your iPhone will be like brand new and you will also be able to unlock a disabled iPhone or iPad without iTunes. Please disconnect your device from your computer and start setting up and accessing your iPhone.
Video Guide: HOW TO UNLOCK iPhone Without Passcode?
Even more UkeySoft Unlocker features!
- Fix “iPhone is disconnected, connect to iTunes” error in 5 minutes
- Unlock iPhone with Broken Screen, Black Screen, Apple Logo Screen.
- Easy Solution to Fix “iPhone is Disconnected, Connect to iTunes”.
- Effectively Unlock iPhone Lock Screen Without Passcode.
- Fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode, black screen, connecting to iTunes screen.
- Works for all iPhone, iPad and iPod touch models.
Unlock Android Phones
In the case of a system from Google, the process depends on both the installed version and the manufacturer of the smartphone. We recommend that you try the following possibilities one by one. If all else fails, at the end we will give advice on what to do next.
The lock can be easily removed if you synchronize the device with your Google account in advance, especially when it comes to old devices on Android 4. After five unsuccessful attempts to enter the pattern, a link to reset the password will appear. Follow it from your computer through your Google account and disable the blocking of your smartphone with a remote command from there.
Older Android devices can be unlocked using the Screen UnLock / Lock app. After launching the utility, click on “Release”
The PIN lock on versions up to Android 4.4 can be removed using the app. And again, under certain conditions: the device must be configured with a Google account. To start, from the desktop version of the browser, go to Google Play, find the Screen UnLock / Lock application and click on the “Install” button. The app will automatically set up on your Android phone. Then, from the second phone, send an SMS to your mobile device number. Write “00000” for the text. Now click on “Release”. The path is clear.
If that doesn’t work, try using Android Remote Control if your device is associated with a Google Account, of course. Open it via google.com/Android/devicemanager on your desktop computer and log in with your Google account. At the top left of the screen, select your smartphone and click on “Block”. Now you can set a new password for the device, which will take effect immediately.
On a stationary computer, go to the Google “Find device” page under your account and use the “Block” item to set a new password
On some devices, it is also possible to unlock the screen and thus gain access to the phone. To do this, at the bottom of the display, click on “Emergency call”. Now enter ten “” and double click on the character string. Select Copy and add this content at the end of the asterisk sequence with the Paste command. Repeat the process until the machine refuses to insert characters. Return to the lock screen and open the Camera app by sliding your finger upward across the screen. Call the “Settings” by clicking on the gear. Android will ask for a password. Long hold the input field and select the “Paste” command. Repeat the add process until the screen is unlocked and the system is accessible.
Owners of Samsung devices can try their luck through the “desktop” software Dr. Fone. It allows you to read the access codes to the device. You can also find out the password using Samsung Account Manager.
If none of the above helps, you will have to reset your phone to factory settings. Unfortunately, in this case, all your data will be lost. Still, you can continue to use your smartphone.
If the Android lock cannot be removed, return the device to factory settings via hidden Recovery mode
How to unlock your phone if you forgot your password
It is very difficult to remove hardware protection of modern devices based on Android and iOS. But with a couple of tricks, in most cases you will at least be able to get to some of the saved data.
Cancel SIM card lock
Today, the PIN code from the SIM card is almost never used. which is why it can turn into a trap. If after turning on your phone you cannot enter the code, after three attempts the card is blocked.
You can only release it with the PUK code (Super PIN). You will find it in your cover letter from your mobile operator. If you have lost your papers, you will have to request a new card from technical support.
Bypass iPhone phone lock
In the case of Apple’s OS, the way to bypass the lock also depends on the version of the installed system. In some of the variants there are bugs that allow them to be used to access the device. The latest discovered vulnerability that allows this to be done is hidden in version 9.2.1.
IPhone lock can be bypassed by special utilities, for example, iOS Forensic Toolkit. To do this, click on “Get Passcode”
If you have this system or an earlier one, try the following method: On the lock screen, hold the [Home] key to summon Siri. Ask her what time it is. Tap the clock that appears, then the plus sign in the upper right corner. Enter some arbitrary letters in the input line and select them. Select “Copy” and then double-click on the letters. In the context menu that opens, select the arrow and Share. Now click on “Messages” and paste the characters copied to the clipboard into the “To” line. Wait a few seconds and press the [Home] key. The lock is released.
This trick will not work on newer versions of iOS. Here you will have to apply the brute force method. The best result is promised by the iOS Forensic Toolkit, but its price (89,995 rubles) is too high. If all else fails, use the iTunes desktop program to reset your device to factory settings. All data will be deleted.
Reset via Google
If for some reason you cannot get into the Recovery menu to reset your DO phone to factory settings, you can do this through your personal account on your Google account https://myaccount.google.com.
- You will need a computer or tablet with Internet access.
- You must log in to your account.
- Next, open the page “Security and Login” / “Device Search”.
- Select your blocked device and go through authorization.
- Select. “Delete all data from this device”.
- Read the warning that all user information will be deleted from the device and confirm.
- The files on the memory card will remain intact, but it is still better to remove the card.
- The smartphone will be reset the first time it is connected to the network.
- Then you will need to set it up as a new device.
If you have tried all the methods of how to unlock the phone screen, if you forgot the password, but nothing helped, and after purchasing the gadget you still have a warranty card and a receipt, then you can take your phone to a service center and they will help you there. This pleasure will cost a certain amount, but you will save the data on your smartphone. Another disadvantage. it can take a while.
Unlocking Apple Gadgets
For iPhone, there is only one way to unlock your phone if you suddenly forgot your password. reset to factory settings via iCloud or iTunes. If you worried about the backup in advance and made a backup of the data, then after the reset, the data can be restored. Otherwise, all information on the device will be irretrievably lost.
Prevent accidental blocking
This method will work if you worry about it in advance and be prepared to forget your password. To do this, you need to install the SMS Bypass application on your phone.
- The application requires Root rights to work.
- In the application, set a password for unlocking. any 4 digits. The default combination is 1234.
- If you forgot your password, just send an SMS with the text “xxxx reset” to the locked device, where xxxx is your unlock password.
- When the message arrives, the phone will reboot and you will need to enter a new pattern or password.
Reset password via Recovery
You can reset the password on an Android device through Recovery mode.
Important: In this case, all information from the device will be irretrievably lost. Take care of the backup in advance so that in such cases you can restore all data after a reset.
Note: pre-charge the phone to at least 70%, otherwise there is a risk that it will no longer turn on if it runs out of power during the reset.
- Hold the buttons on the phone to get recovery.
Reset or remove forgotten password on ANY iPhone/iPad or iPod (2020)
Each brand of smartphone has its own buttons. This can be the volume rocker up and the power button or the home button, the power button and the volume rocker up. On some models, the buttons need to be pressed for a few seconds and released in turn, first the volume keys and then the power. You can find out the exact combination and sequence of clicks for your specific device on the forums on the website of the manufacturer of your smartphone.
The selection of the required menu item is carried out using the lock / power button.
- Then select. “I agree, delete user data”.
- Confirm again with the Power / Lock key.
- Within a few seconds, using the logs, you can watch on the phone screen how the process of clearing user data is going on.
- Clear the cache on the device.
In newer models, linking a Google account has become much tougher that even a factory reset or flashing will not help bypass the link. In devices higher than 5.0, after a factory reset, authorization with your Google account is required. This is FRP (Factory Reset Protection) protection. master reset protection. Therefore, if you do not remember your Google account password, you will have to remember or recover it. it is much more difficult to hack it, but that’s another story.
Unblocking with a call
The phone call unlocking method works on very old Android devices (Android 2.2 and below). Call the locked phone from another device. The phone is automatically activated to receive the call. Then, while the call is being made, you can go to the smartphone settings and disable the password.
Recovery via Google account
Android smartphones can be unlocked through a linked Google account, provided that you remember it. This method works on devices with the Android operating system up to version 5.0 (Lollipop). The phone must be connected to the network via Wi-Fi or via mobile internet.
- Enter an arbitrary password or key on the lock screen 5 or more times. Until a message appears stating that the device is locked. Click “Forgot your password?”.
- Next, enter the data from your Google account. Then enter the new password for the lock screen.