How to unsubscribe from a paid app on iPhone
Let’s start with the most common way. It’s about working with “iTunes”. This application allows you to manage Apple devices and work with their software.
How do I turn off my iPhone subscription? You can do it something like this:
- Download and install iTunes on your computer. It is important that version 12.2.0 is installed.
- Launch the application.
- Connect to the internet.
- Pass authorization using “Apple ID”.
- In the window that appears, scroll through the information almost to the very end. You need to stop at the “Settings” section.
- Select “Manage” next to “Subscriptions”.
- Click on the image of the desired subscription.
- Read the parameters. Here you need to set the “Off” parameter. opposite “Auto-renewal”. Or click on the “Unsubscribe” button.
- Click on “Finish”.
That’s all. From now on, it is clear how to disable the subscription to “iPhone”. This trick works 100% with all Apple devices. This instruction works on both Windows and MacOS. It’s just that in the second case, it is possible that the latest version of iTunes will already be installed on the computer.
How to disable
There are not many of them. And even a novice user of “apple” products should be aware of possible scenarios. How do I turn off my paid iPhone subscription? This can be done:
How to Cancel Subscriptions on iPhone or iPad (2018)
- using iTunes on Windows;
- via macOS;
- by working directly with a mobile device.
In fact, everything is not so difficult. And if you follow some instructions, then even a person who does not understand anything in the iPhone will be able to unsubscribe.
Now a little about how to act if you only have a phone at hand. You can unsubscribe from paid iPhone subscriptions without additional software. It is enough just to have an internet connection. How do I turn off iPhone subscriptions? For example, in the AppStore. Actions are reduced to the following steps:
- Launch Smartphone.
- Open the main menu and go to “Settings”.
- Go to the “iTunes and AppStore” section.
- Click on your profile. If necessary, go through authorization in it.
- Connect to the internet. Better to do it in advance.
- Find and go to “Subscriptions”.
- Click on the “Manage” button.
- Move the switch to the “Off” position in the “Auto-renewal” section.
- Save changes.
As a rule, this is how paid subscriptions in the AppStore are disabled. To select a specific item, a person can refuse one or another paid service. But such an operation is best done using a computer.
Often, the owners of “apple” devices are interested in disabling Apple Music. This is a service that is somewhat reminiscent of Yandex.Music. You will have to pay to use the subscription. How to turn off subscriptions on “iPhone 5” or any other? Disconnecting Apple Music is best done through a mobile phone. This will require:
- Open the “Music” section in the main menu of the gadget.
- Connect to Wi-Fi.
- In the upper left corner of the application, click on your profile picture.
- Find and click on the line “View AppleID”.
- Select “Subscriptions”.
- Click on the “Manage” button.
- Mark the position of the pointer as “Off” in the item “Auto-renewal”.
- Click on the “Turn off” button.
Everything is extremely simple and straightforward. You can also opt out of most other paid services too.
How to unsubscribe from a paid app subscription on iPhone and iPad (iOS 12.1.4 and newer)
Starting with iOS 12.1.4, Apple has made it much easier to view active paid subscriptions on iPhone and iPad. To access them, just launch the App Store application, click on your profile picture in the upper right corner and select “Manage subscriptions” on the page that opens.
How to unsubscribe from a paid app subscription on iPhone and iPad
It is very easy to cancel unwanted subscriptions.
Most of the modern apps are free, but offer users a paid subscription to unlock all the features. Most often, applications lure users with a trial “free” subscription, which literally in a few days turns into a paid one and money is automatically debited for it. How to view the list of all active subscriptions on iPhone and iPad and refuse unwanted subscriptions was described in this instruction.
How to unsubscribe from a paid app subscription on iPhone and iPad (iOS 12.1.3 and older)
Go to “Settings” → “username” → “iTunes Store and App Store”.
Click on your Apple ID account and in the window that opens, select “View Apple ID”. iOS will ask you to verify your identity by entering your Apple ID password or scanning your finger or face.
On the new page, select the “Subscriptions” section.
After a short download, a list of all subscriptions will open. Subscriptions are divided into active and inactive. Select the subscription you want to unsubscribe from in the “Active” section.
A new page will list the details of your subscription: end date, cost, and available renewal options. Click the “Unsubscribe” button at the bottom of the page. Note that you can similarly cancel trial subscriptions that are free for a specified period of time.
Confirm the cancellation of the subscription. It is important to note that the effect of the subscription will continue after the subscription until the end of its validity period. For example, if you subscribe to a music service, then you can continue to listen to music on a paid subscription until its expiration.
Done! You have canceled your subscription to the app. Note that it will continue to be displayed in the list of active ones, but the money for its renewal will not be debited. After the expiration date, the line with the subscription will move to the list of invalid.
Please rate 5 stars at the bottom of the article if you like this topic. Subscribe to us Telegram. In contact with. Instagram YouTube.
Remove iCloud and iTunes Match subscription
Paid subscriptions to iCloud services, as well as iTunes Match, do not follow the standard algorithm, although these services are provided by Apple. Often, users accidentally activate a paid subscription that provides additional storage space for photos or other files on a cloud service online. If you want to opt out of providing additional storage space in iCloud:
- Go to settings.
- Open the “iCloud” section.
- Specify the path to the iCloud storage.
- Click Change Current Plan.
- Choose the appropriate service setting.
The operation to cancel a paid subscription on a personal computer is performed in a similar way, with a noticeable difference only in some of the settings. On a Mac, launch System Preferences and click the iCloud icon, and on a Windows operating system, launch iCloud and configure the Storage option.
Termination of your iTunes Match subscription is as follows:
- Launch iTunes.
- Expand the “Account” menu and select “View”.
- Enter your Apple ID.
- Find the iTunes section in the cloud.
- Specify “Disable Automatic Updates”.
What is a “paid subscription
There are certain applications and services in the App Store that provide access to their content or its hidden part by subscription. Unlike the one-time purchase of various electronic products, the subscription is renewed automatically after certain periods. usually once a month. These renewable subscriptions include:
- Apple News.
- e-books, movie services;
- Apple Music and Yandex.Music;
- entertainment Internet services (Netflix, Spotify and others);
- photo editors, etc.
Such products remain free for one month, and then automatically renew for the same period. In addition, various applications, especially games, offer users useful services and opportunities, for example, purchase in-game currency, expand the list of available functions, remove pop-up ads, etc. If you do not cancel your paid iPhone subscription in time, you will not be able to avoid the next financial costs.
Canceling your iTunes subscription
Termination of further use of certain services is also available in iTunes. Try this alternative solution to the problem with paid subscriptions:
- Launch iTunes and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Expand the “Account” menu and select “View”.
- Enter your password or tap Touch ID for identification.
- Find the “Settings” section on the account information page.
- Click on the Manage link next to Subscriptions.
- Find the subscription you want to remove and select “Change” next to it.
As with the previous method, you can change the terms of service or unsubscribe entirely. And again, in the latter case, the service will expire at the end of the paid period.
Canceling a paid app subscription
The main difficulty for iPhone owners arises with the search for the function to delete unnecessary subscriptions, since it is not in sight: the creators of the smartphone clearly wanted to confuse the unlucky user so that he changed his mind and kept the application on the smartphone as long as possible. But there is nothing complicated here. To find out iPhone subscriptions, follow the algorithm:
- Go to settings, click on your account and go to the iTunes Store and App Store.
- Go to your Apple ID at the top of the menu.
- Select View. Enter your Apple ID and password or use Touch ID to log in.
- Click on the link “Subscriptions”.
- Select the subscription you want to unsubscribe from.
You can either completely cancel a paid iPhone subscription or make changes to the current mode of using a particular application or service. If canceled, the paid subscription will expire at the end of the free trial or paid period.
Removing other paid subscriptions
If the money for the subscription continues to be withdrawn from your account, but it is not displayed in the settings, this means that you have issued it directly with the mobile operator. In this case, in order to cancel a paid subscription for iPhone, you need to contact Support or use your personal account via an Internet browser on a computer or smartphone.
Carefully study the list of connected services and subscriptions and find out if there are paid ones among them. Check the available options and, if necessary, disable unnecessary services. Usually, each operator also provides the ability to disable subscriptions and services through special USSD or SMS commands. In addition, you can always visit the nearest operator’s office to solve any problems.
If you suspect that you have become a victim of scammers, for example, you have accidentally installed a suspicious application or connected an unwanted SPAM subscription, you can try to return the debited money. To do this, write a letter to Support Apple (in English) on the official website of the company or submit a similar request to your mobile provider.
Removing Paid iPhone Subscriptions via Settings
- go to Settings and click on your name;
- select the iTunes Store and App Store;
- the first line will contain your Apple ID, and press it;
- from the menu that appears, click on View Apple ID;
- we find the Subscriptions item below;
- select the desired subscription that you want to disable (for example, I took Apple Music);
- at the bottom, click Unsubscribe.
As it is written below, the already paid period, the service will still work, but then it will simply no longer automatically withdraw money from your account.
How to cancel paid iPhone subscriptions?
If earlier, using paid services was a little unusual, now it is becoming the norm and many people subscribe to music, films, books and other things. For example, you can name Apple Music, Netflix, etc.
In general, the subscription goes to the application and for a certain fee per month, you get content or a set of functions. But it happens that you want to cancel a paid subscription and given the logic of the iPhone, it is not always possible to find the desired item the first time.
The process of deactivating any paid subscription is quite simple and doesn‘t take much of your time. An example of a solution to this problem will be made on iOS 11.3. I think in future versions everything will be the same.
How to view / disable paid subscriptions on iPhone?
The title sounds exactly like this, because both actions will be available to you when the required instruction is executed.
There are two ways to unsubscribe from an app in the App Store. Both lead to the same point, just slightly different from each other.
Unsubscribe from a paid iPhone subscription via the App Store
Well, the second method, which also has a right to exist:
- go to the App Store application;
- in the upper right corner we find the account icon;
- click on the name;
- again we are looking for the Subscriptions item;
- choose a subscription you want to unsubscribe from;
Based on the number of steps, the second method for deleting a subscription via the App Store will be a little faster. The most important thing is that you will be able to achieve the desired result, but choose the method at your discretion.
How to unsubscribe from a paid app on iPhone?
Many users do not think about which subscriptions were connected by Apple services in various fraudulent ways, because everyone wants to make money. As a rule, when it turns out that they are not, it is already too late. It is impossible to return the lost, however, the amount of write-offs for a month and even a day of using such services can be considerable. Even in spite of numerous customer complaints, the company continues to “throw” them for money in a variety of ways, up to the forced activation of a subscription to a paid application, which supposedly can be useful to him in some way. And take it what you want? There is only one thing left. to write a complaint or unsubscribe each time regularly giving your hard-earned money for an allegedly voluntary subscription.
The number and types of paid subscriptions depends on the audacity of the company. And no matter how they assure those support, all this is precisely the work of the company, the owners of which want to earn as much money as possible in every possible way. In addition to mobile operators, there are subscriptions and developer services. For example, iTunes Story and App Story. So what are the paid subscriptions:
- entertainment on media portals;
- news feeds;
- information services;
- new programs and entertainment content on the iTunes Story and App Story services;
- astro predictions and much more.
All this is completely useless for a modern user, because everyone has an Internet with huge or unlimited traffic, with the help of which he can find absolutely everything on the Internet, from the weather forecast to the latest news from the life of the world elite. over, they often chase him on social networks, contextual advertising on websites and other places.
How to unsubscribe from a paid app?
If you suddenly find you have an activated paid subscription or you suddenly decide to get rid of it because it is not needed, then it is quite possible to do this on the iPhone. It is only important to remember that many are very stubborn and are updated if not canceled.
- they will automatically return if not canceled;
- if you want to use the subscription services again, you can renew it from the moment you replenish your account;
- if you cancel it during the supposedly free period, then you will not get anyone access to the content at all.
To deactivate subscription to various paid services from Apple devices, follow these steps:
- Open settings on your phone.
- Choose your name or how the device is signed in the menu.
- Select “Subscriptions”, if there is no such item, then you must select iTunes Story and App Story.
- Next, in the menu that opens, you will need to select your Apple ID and enter the service.
- At the very bottom of the scrolling will be the “Subscriptions” tab.
- In the list of subscriptions, select the one you are interested in.
- In the next paragraph, you need to cancel the subscription by clicking the appropriate button.
If you don’t need subscriptions for Apple Watch, Apple TV, and other services, you can also turn them off. Subscriptions of mobile operators are disabled by requests or in the personal account in the appropriate section. All paid subscriptions can be banned.
Unsubscribing from YouTube Premium on iPhone: How to do it and what could go wrong?
A premium subscription provides several benefits. One of the main things that catches your eye is the ability to continue watching the video in the background. However, to be honest, I don’t want to pay for it. Therefore, many people use the free period and then cancel their subscription. I’ll tell you how to unsubscribe from YouTube premium on iPhone.
Reasons not to unsubscribe from premium
There is so much chatter around subscribing to YouTube that not everyone knows what they are. Now I will tell you a few words about why you should connect a premium and forget about the word “unsubscribe”.
To learn more about the benefits of a Premium YouTube subscription, see the related article.
How to turn off your YouTube premium subscription
There is something Jewish in every person. No offense to the Jews will be said. When registering a free period, you will need to indicate payment information. either link a card, or allow you to withdraw money from your phone account. And all this is done completely automatically at the beginning of each billing period. In this I see the only reason for a serious search for an answer to the question “How to unsubscribe from YouTube premium on iPhone or Android?”. protect yourself and get a month of free benefits without consequences.
If the subscription was made through iTunes, you should also unsubscribe through the Apple service. If you linked the card directly to the video hosting, it makes sense to do the following manipulations:
- Click on your avatar.
- We select the item “Paid subscriptions”.
Here you will see which subscriptions have been issued. You can also see special offers that can also be beneficial.
Common YouTube errors on iPhone
It is also important to know what video hosting problems you may encounter. They are divided into several types:
- Network connection problem.
- The need to update or incompatibility of the video with the system.
- Service problems.
In the first case, make sure that the Internet is available and that your device has no problems with the network. In the second, we update the application or buy a new phone that will support modern video formats. In the third. just wait until the administration fixes everything.
YouTube on iPhone, how to set up?
Let’s start with how to understand the application and understand all its features in order to use them as efficiently as possible. So, to log in, just click on the appropriate button and enter your account details on the Google website. The advantage of this corporation is that all services need only one profile.
Adjustment of the program for yourself is possible through the settings. For example, consider the items they contain. Almost everything can be customized for your convenience. It will be wildly long to list all the points for both me and you, so we will consider a couple of them in more detail.
- Are common. The most interesting item is “Night mode”. Thanks to it, you can paint YouTube black to make your eyes less tired. Also convenient functions. the choice of the time at which the video will be rewound after double-clicking, and the safe mode, which will be indispensable if your child uses a video hosting.
History and confidentiality. Here you can delete your browsing and search history, view blocked users, and so on. It is also a very interesting item that provides opportunities in terms of security.
How to turn off YouTube Premium on iPhone? The algorithm of actions, in general, is the same as on Android. There are differences only if the “relationship” was made through Google Play or iTunes. In this case, the algorithm will be slightly different, but still very, very simple.
Step-by-step instructions on how to unsubscribe from YouTube premium
Benefits of a Premium YouTube subscription and its cost
Save YouTube videos to Phone: applications and instructions