How to update iPhone backup
How to Restore iPhone Backup: 5 Proven Ways
Many users transfer the information accumulated on the iPhone to the reserve. Such archives can be stored in physical storage or on the Internet, the main thing here is something else: if the iPhone is lost or damaged, all information from it will remain intact.
When creating a reserve, the user first of all thinks how to save important data for him. But what if you suddenly need access to these files? Can iPhone backup be restored? Below are some of the most popular ways to get your information back.
ITunes service: how to “get” information?
To restore an iPhone backup via iTunes, you need to follow 7 easy steps:
Activate the service on the gadget that was used for the copy (this can be a PC and another gadget with iOS, such as a MacBook).
Update the program to the modern version (on a PC it is “Help”. “Updates”, on other units it is often updated automatically, just check the version).
Connect iPhone via USB cable to your iTunes device. If you need to enter a cipher for synchronization, enter it in the desired window.
After connecting the program with a smartphone, select the name of your gadget in iTunes.
Note: it happens that the iPhone is not displayed in the program. In this case, you need to check the compatibility of iTunes with your computer and make sure the USB ports are working. If this does not help, try restarting the laptop or contact Apple technical support for help.
Go to the “Browse” section and click “Restore from a copy”.
A list of reserves, generated by date, will open.
Find the required block in this registry and confirm its restoration with the button of the same name.
The transfer of folders from the backup to the smartphone will start. Those who do not know how to restore iPhone from iTunes backup often make a gross mistake: they turn off the device as soon as it restarts. But for the recovery to be successful, you should definitely wait for the re-synchronization, and only then disconnect the devices.
Important! The iTunes service “does not give back” some content to the user: favorite tracks or videos cannot be restored back to the gadget. If they were valuable, you will have to download them again.
IPhone Copy Recovery: Easy Ways
It is necessary to choose the best method for restoring the copied files depending on how the backup was created. Further, the article offers step-by-step instructions for implementing all possible methods.
Recover Data with iMazing
The iMazing service is convenient in that the saved copies can be viewed. In addition, it allows the user to restore not the entire set of files, but only the list he needs. With this feature, the application resembles iTools, however, this is where the similarities end.
How to backup your iPhone to Apple’s iCloud
So, to restore data from an iPhone backup via iMazing, you need to:
- Activate Find My iPhone in iCloud. To do this, click on your name in the settings, go to iCloud and turn the lever to off. opposite the desired mode.
- Synchronize with PC. Connect your iPhone (for example, iPhone XS) to your computer, activate the program and select the name of the device on the left side of the menu. Click Restore a Backup.
- Decide on the required copy. In the window that opens, the service will show all reserves. Looking at the date, find the desired one and confirm the selection with the Choose button at the bottom right. If you need to restore only individual files, use the Customize button, and then Next.
It happens that the backup is password-protected. In this case, you need to enter a cipher. After all the steps, the recovery process will begin. Upon its completion, the smartphone will restart and will be ready for work again, already containing all the information from the reserve in memory.
Note: You can also create copies in iMazing in the demo version. But in order to return the data, you will have to purchase a software license.
Get Data Back to iPhone: What It Is
To restore a backup means to return information from the archive back to the device’s memory. You can send to reserve and restore photographs, messages and letters, programs.
Restore iPhone backup using other apps
It happens that the owners of Apple brand phablets use third-party resources to create a backup storage. The coolest and most popular are iTools and iMazing. How to work with them. hereinafter.
Check in a copy from iTools
This section will be of interest to those users who prefer the alternative software iTools to save their copy-folders. To “pull” the previously saved information from it, you need:
- run software on a computer;
- click the Toolbox tool on the top panel;
- select “Super Restore” from the “Data Management” section;
- a list of copies will open, from which you can find the one you need by the date and volume of the folder.
Files, the mass of which is measured in KB, contain only phones and contacts, folders with a large weight and measured in MB. these are photos, multimedia, programs.
Having decided on the required reserve option, click Next. A folder will open with a list of content ready to be returned to the gadget. You need to tick the appropriate folders and click “Restoring”. Opposite the file, the service will start displaying the percentage of recovered information. After reaching 100%, it remains to click the “Restore Complete” button: after that, all data will be transferred to the iPhone memory (for example, iPhone 7 models).
IPhone Update. iOS
Updating iPhone over Wi-Fi
If the new version came by itself and a message was displayed about it, just click on “Install”. IOS will download the new version and install itself. If the message did not come, then:
Open device settings and go to “General”. Here open “Software Update” and, if found, click on “Download and Install”. Here you can also disable / enable auto-update if desired.
The system may ask you to remove some applications. agree, after they will be reinstalled. If you are asked to enter your Apple ID password, enter.
During the process, do not turn off the device, it usually takes about 10. 20 minutes, in different ways, if it takes longer, then do not panic, just wait until the end.
Interesting! If you have problems with connection, free space or others. Just update via iTunes. It happens that sometimes problems arise over Wi-Fi due to communication, signal quality.
How to update iPhone via iTunes
Updating iPhone via iTunes is quick and easy, especially for those who do not have enough free space.
Launch iTunes on your computer and connect your phone to your PC. Open your phone in the program and go to “General” and click on the “Check for updates” button.
If it is found, then click on “Update“, you may be asked to enter a password to do this. Do not turn off the phone during the process and do not disconnect it from the computer.
Back up your data to iCloud. So that all contacts, photos and other data are in the cloud and in case of problems they can always be restored. Go to settings, your Apple ID and then to iCloud. Make the required items active.
Charge your iPhone fully. Some updates can take a long time to install and download, so it’s better to be sure that the device does not turn off during the procedure. If this happens, then at the exit we can get a brick instead of a smartphone.
Check the cable when upgrading from iTunes. Suddenly he does not work well and constantly loses touch.
Take a look at the free space. It is desirable that at least 2 GB be free. If they are not there, then just transfer the photos for now, for example, to a PC or cloud storage. You can also clear the cache on iPhone.
How to Update iPhone: All Methods
Apple regularly releases updates to its iOS operating system. Official support for iPhones lasts about five years and during this time you can install new versions of the OS.
Therefore, every happy owner of a phone of this brand should know how to update their iPhone. And to do this is quite easy and simple.
You already know what jailbreak is, its subtleties and why it was invented at all. Today we will look at how to update iPhone IOS over Wi-Fi or iTunes quickly and correctly.
These were the main ways to do it. Errors usually do not appear, and even if they do, it is more often over Wi-Fi due to the connection. In this case, just use iTunes.
What is backed up
Both iTunes and iCloud are backed up with the following m:
- Device settings.
- Information about installed applications and their settings.
- History of text messages including iMessage. Important! Successful recovery of iMessage, SMS and MMS messages requires a SIM card to use when creating a backup.
- Home screen layout and app order.
- Health app data.
- Media library (photo and video).
- Purchase history from the App Store, iTunes Store and iBooks Store.
- HomeKit Device Settings.
You most likely noticed that the copy does not include the applications themselves, but only information about them and their settings. For this approach, thanks should be said to Apple, because, otherwise, the backups would grow to indecent sizes. Now to the methods.
Reducing the size of your library
If you’re not using the iCloud Photos app, files in your Camera Roll are included in your iCloud backup. To check the space they occupy in your iCloud backup, follow these steps.
- Go to Settings [your name], then click iCloud.
- Select “Storage”.
- Click “Backups”.
- Click the name of the device you are using, then view the photos.
To reduce the size of your Photos backup files, save your photos and videos to your computer, and then manually back up your iOS device data. If you want to keep your photos and videos on your iOS device, you can exclude the Photos app from the backup or purchase additional storage space. You can delete unwanted photos. Open the Photos app and select the item you want to remove. Then click and select “Delete Photo”.
How to see which backups are saved in iCloud and delete unnecessary ones?
Backups saved to the Apple cloud can take up a lot of space. To view and delete unneeded copies, open the standard iOS application Settings and go to → iCloud → Manage storage → Backups.
This will list the devices associated with your Apple ID and the available backups for them. Select the unnecessary copy and at the very bottom of the screen click the Delete copy button.
Learn more about iCloud storage
- Find out what’s in the “Others” category in iCloud storage.
- If you have limited web access to iCloud, you can reduce your 1GB total storage usage by moving or deleting documents.
- See iCloud System Requirements for details on iCloud feature availability.
Information about products not manufactured by Apple, or independent websites not controlled or tested by Apple, is not endorsement or recommendation. Apple assumes no responsibility for the selection, functionality, or use of third party websites or products. Apple is also not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of information posted on third party websites. Contact your supplier for more information.
On a PC with Windows 7 or later, you can manage files from iCloud Drive using Windows Explorer. To add the iCloud Drive folder to Windows Explorer, follow these steps.
- Download and Install iCloud for Windows.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Turn on the iCloud Drive feature.
- Go to the iCloud Drive folder.
- Select the folders or files you want to delete.
- Click the “Delete” button.
How to Restore iPhone or iPad Backup from iTunes to Computer
Launch iTunes for Mac or Windows.
Connect your device with a cable.
Click on the device icon that appears.
On the “Browse” tab, click on the “Restore from a copy” button and then from the list of previously created copies, select the one that is required for subsequent deployment.
Wait for the process to complete before disconnecting the device from the computer.
Note. ITunes backups can be stored elsewhere, such as an external drive or the Internet. In this case, you should make sure that this storage is visible to your computer before starting the recovery process through iTunes.
IPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
If you set up iCloud email access on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you can delete messages from any mailbox, then empty the Trash to free up space.
- Swipe left on any message to delete it.
- Click the “Trash” folder.
- Delete messages one at a time or click the Edit Delete All button to delete all content at once.
iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
- Open the Photos app and tap the Photos icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Select and select the photos or videos you want to remove.
- Click and select “Delete Photo”.
- Open the Photos app.
- Select the photos and videos you want to delete.
- Select “Image” and click “Delete Photos”.
Methods to Restore iPhone from Backup
Apple provides several possible methods to recover data on iPhone. Three methods stand out from the general list:
- access to a previously created copy in iTunes;
- recover information on iPhone from icloud cloud;
- roll back to last sync with itools.
Important! These methods are the most simple and highly effective. To understand the essence, it is necessary to consider each point individually.
Methods to Restore iPhone Backup
Creating a backup on Apple devices is necessary for accessibility when switching to a new gadget. The option allows you to copy data from the iPhone to the cloud service, where information is stored. If your smartphone is lost or damaged, you can transfer all passwords and personal data to a new phone. Therefore, there are instructions on how to restore a backup to iPhone as quickly and comfortably as possible.
How to Recover iPhone from iCloud
Restoring from icloud backup requires a longer process.
- Turn on iPhone and completely erase all contents of the memory chip.
- When the standard setup menu appears, follow the setup and tatting instructions.
- When the Data and Programs window appears, select the restore point from the saved copy of Iclaud.
- When entering the service, specify the password for the identifier.
- Select the most acceptable option from the issuance of the created copies.
In this case, you may need to install a more advanced version of the software. In this case, you must adhere to the update instructions.
- Sign in to your Apple ID. Step can be skipped.
- The iPhone cannot be disconnected from the Wi-Fi connection until the procedure is complete. It will take 2-3 minutes to 1 hour to recover. The final time depends on the amount of data. If the Internet is disconnected, the download will be delayed until the next connection to the network.
- Upon completion of the procedure, residual files will be copied in the background every time you connect to the Internet.
Important! You must fully charge the iPhone battery before performing a restore.
How to recover data from an iTools backup
The technique is designed to restore a backup from a third-party iTools service. To extract information from the program, you will need to perform a simple sequence of actions:
- activate iTools software on PC;
- at the top of the toolbar, click on Toolbox;
- the date management tab will open;
- here you must select the Super Restone section;
- then a window with files will open, where you need to select the required item;
- after selection, you need to click on;
- the open page will display a list of information ready for recovery on the iPhone;
- mark the desired objects and tap Restoring;
- after that, the percentage scale sliders appeared in the menu. When you fill in the data, click on “Transfer completed”.
Important! If all the steps are performed correctly, after restarting the iPhone, it will reflect all the transferred information.
How to Restore iPhone from iTunes Backup
There is also a way to restore iphone from iTunes backup. The program automatically syncs and copies information every time the smartphone is connected to the PC. Additionally, the procedure can be performed forcibly. Also, if the Mac has iOS 3.0 and higher software, the extension independently encrypts iPhone data to protect it from unauthorized reading.
If you lose data from the gadget, it is possible to restore the latest information received during synchronization.
- Connect iPhone to PC via USB cable.
- Open the iTunes program on the MAC device and tap on the “Device” button located in the upper left corner of the working window.
- Next, a tab will open where you need to click the browse button.
- In the menu that appears, select the recovery line from the copy.
- If there is encryption, the system will ask you to enter the password for the account.
- After entering the cipher, the data transfer to the iPhone will begin.
After completing the procedure, the device must be rebooted to maximize the dissemination of information.
How to see which backups are saved in iCloud and delete unnecessary ones
The iCloud storage provides viewing, restoring data from iphone and deleting unnecessary copies.
- On iOS version 10.3 and later, go to Settings.
- Select the tab with the account name and click on the backup storage.
- Then press the control button.
Important! Thus, you can view the list of available backups and evaluate their suitability.
To delete invalid blocks, click on the element. Then click the “Delete backup” icon. Here the system will request confirmation of the action, after which the data will be completely erased.