How To WIPe Your Laptop Screen At Home
Wet wipes and cleaning products
You can use wet wipes when you need to clean your monitor. The main thing is that they do not contain alcohol. It is also advisable to choose NOT too wet: excess moisture will leave stains, this is especially true for glossy displays. This can be avoided by wiping the surface twice. The second time. with an already dried product. Various manufacturers offer soft, lint-free wipes that are gentle on the screen.
There are sets, which consist of wet and dry wipes. Impregnated with a special composition, they qualitatively clean the display, and dry ones remove the remnants of dirt and excess moisture. So the screen will be clean quickly and easily. In addition, they are antistatic.
Another kit, which shows excellent results, includes a dry cloth and a special cleaning spray. They are sold as a set. It costs a little more than regular wipes, but cleans more effectively. You just need to spray on a napkin, wipe the screen and dry thoroughly.
No need to try to remove a speck on the screen with your finger, a greasy mark will remain.
Lint-free wipes can also be used in combination with cleaning sprays or gels. But it is better to choose a special one designed for technology. Otherwise, it can be difficult to get rid of the streaks. Liquid for glass is NOT suitable either: the surface of the laptop screen needs to be treated more carefully. Do not spray the product onto the monitor. In this case, one cannot but calculate the amount and part of the liquid will flow under the body. Apply the substance to the napkin.
How to properly clean your laptop screen?
It is useful for any owner of modern technology to know how to clean a laptop screen. After all, dust constantly sits on it, and sometimes more serious pollution occurs. Meanwhile, not every means is suitable. If you treat this task irresponsibility, then you can simply ruin the monitor. How to avoid it?
The choice of means for maintaining the cleanliness of equipment is large. But any tool costs money. Therefore, if you want to save money or you need to wipe the stain urgently, but you have nothing of the Special Products at hand, you can try to clean the display with soap and cotton pads.
To do this, you need to prepare warm water in convenient vessels and the required number of cotton pads. They are dense enough on the outside so that they WILL NOT leave lint. First, wipe the screen with dry discs to remove dust. Then wet a few pieces, squeeze well so that the water does not drain, and lather. Baby soap works best. Then you need to wipe the monitor by moving up and down and left and right. After the procedure, divorces will remain, this is not scary. To remove them, you need to moisten clean discs and wipe the surface, replacing them with new ones as they become dirty. And so on until the result appears. Since the LCD matrix dries quickly, you will be able to evaluate your work almost immediately.
It is important to take care of the equipment regularly. The easiest way to get rid of dust is. Lightly enough, do not press, wipe the surface with a dry cloth or cotton pad. But microfiber cloths are best suited for this purpose. With their help, it will turn out to gently clean the laptop display and other similar surfaces: camera optics, glasses, CDs. The specially cut fibers of this material attract dust and even bacteria. It is enough to walk around the place.
If there is a need to get rid of specks, which cannot be removed with a light touch, then you will have to use more “heavy artillery”. Sometimes it is enough to wet the microfiber and wipe off the dirt. But care must be taken: the material should only be slightly damp. Otherwise, water can penetrate under the case, and then streaks will be noticeable on the matrix. You can not use paper napkins: they contain wood particles that can leave scratches. In addition, the paper dissolves and tiny pieces end up in hard-to-reach places.
Screen Care Tips
At home, tidying up the laptop screen is easy if you follow some rules.
- Dust should be removed with a soft, lint-free cloth, preferably microfiber cloths.
- Wipe the monitor gently, without pressure, moving in a circle or horizontally and vertically.
- The laptop should be cleaned regularly, the frequency depends on the intensity of the device.
- You can clean the joint between the case and the display with a cotton swab.
- Only clean cloths and rags can be used for cleaning.
- Alcohol-based products, solvents, white spirit, any powders are NOT suitable for monitors.
- The laptop must be turned off during processing. You can turn it on only after it is completely dry.
Spot spots strife
Contamination on a laptop monitor is as follows:
- ordinary dust;
- traces of flies;
- greasy spots.
Wipe the laptop screen from dust. equal to pleasure. It is enough to make a few smooth movements with your hand, in which a suitable dry cloth is clamped, and there is no longer a trace of dust.
Dirty spots and stripes, dots left by insects, wipe with a moistened special napkins. In no case should you cross the screen with your finger, especially the LCD monitor. Otherwise, the protective anti-reflective coating will be damaged. In addition, there may be other problems that are detected after cleaning during the further operation of the laptop.
If you use plain water, you need to squeeze out the cloth or napkin well. Not useful for office equipment if water spills directly onto the screen. Drops flow into the ventilation holes; excess liquid on the very surface of the monitor is absorbed. This disrupts the structure of the screen, moisture gets inside the laptop.
Water can be replaced with a weak aqueous solution of three percent vinegar. Even the LCD monitor can be easily cleaned of stubborn dirt. After removing stains, wipe the laptop display with a dry cloth or tissue.
If dust has settled on the monitor screen, then to remove it, you can use simple cellophane. It should be thin and soft. Food is suitable. When cellophane touches the screen, static electricity is generated, which is much stronger on the bag, so all the dust adheres to it. With this method of cleaning from dust, it is necessary that the laptop was turned off from the network and cooled down.
If there is already a stubborn stain on the display, it is better to use a simple, fragrance-free baby soap at home. It removes any, even greasy stains.
What not to use
Before wiping the screen, you should decide what you absolutely cannot use. It is forbidden to use:
- ordinary paper napkins;
- rough fabric;
- foam sponges.
When using paper napkins, terry towels, particles of paper, fibers stick to the screen. New waffle towels, like any other rough fabric, leave scratches. After the foam sponges, the appearance of streaks is ensured. In addition, these products can also scratch the surface of the monitor.
So how can you clean your laptop screen? For this, special wet wipes are sold. When buying them, you need to pay attention to what kind of liquid they are impregnated with. DO NOT buy something that contains alcohol solvents.
The use of wipes with such a composition will sooner or later lead to damage to the anti-glare coating. The display of a laptop, computer, tablet is covered with small cracks.
Another quality criterion is the degree of moisture. If you wipe the screen with a too damp cloth, the surface of the screen, like a sponge, will absorb all the moisture, which is very harmful for a laptop.
A soft napkin is also suitable, which is sold in a set with a special composition for the care of office equipment monitors.
For cleaning the display, microfiber is a good choice for cleaning glasses. It is practically only on the villi and is quite soft.
In terms of properties, this material fully complies with all the requirements and standards taken as a standard.
The better to wipe your home laptop screen
How to wipe the laptop screen at home, every owner of a new, just purchased office equipment thinks about. Definitely, you cannot use a rag or napkins, which are served on the dining table. It is forbidden to spray water and other liquids on the monitor screen from a spray bottle.
The method of wiping is also important. After all, brushing off the dust from the screen is much easier than scrubbing off traces left by flies, or spots. Perhaps, first you should deal with the types of pollution.
The laptop or computer screen should be cleaned of dust and other contaminants as often as they are used. During operation, there are always specks and greasy fingerprints.
Turn off the laptop before cleaning the display. Wait for all parts to cool down. Only then do they start cleaning.
Only clean rags and napkins are suitable for work. Even slight dirt on them will cause dirty streaks on the monitor.
If there is only accumulated dust on the screen, wipe it with a dry or slightly damp microfiber, flannel or a special napkin with a care composition.
Soap helps to clean the computer monitor or laptop from more serious dirt. A suitable cloth, napkin or cotton pad is moistened in water, soaped and squeezed. Next, wipe the monitor.
When soaping, you do not need to be very zealous. If you do not wring out the lather, the soap will seep into the ventilation holes in the corners of the display. So far to short circuit.
Then you should take a basin of clean water and rinse a cloth in it, squeeze it hard and wipe the screen again or twice. A poorly wrung out damp cloth will heavily wet the display. It will take a long time to dry.
DO NOT splash water on the monitor. The latter will flow under the screen, stains may form on the matrix body. Then the screen will become striped, it will be difficult to work with the laptop.
When removing dirt from office equipment screens, use a cloth to make circular or vertical movements from bottom to top. So excess moisture will NOT leak into the case.
The corners, where the display borders on the base, are gently wiped from dust and dirt with a cotton swab. In this case, it is not necessary to exert strong pressure on them.
Do not wipe the screen of a laptop or any other office equipment while the device is working. Lather, water and even special care mixtures dry instantly on the Heat screen. Moisture seeps out and gets onto internal parts. Notebook life is significantly reduced.
Do not use dish detergents or glass cleaners to wipe off greasy stains, flies and other insects. They attack the protective top coat of the screen.
Under no circumstances should you cross the monitor with a knife, razor, or felt sponge. At least a lot of scratches will appear or the display will fail altogether.
Matte monitors of older brands of office equipment can be cleaned with a damp cloth. This way it is possible to wash off all dried stains in one go.
Glossy displays require more gentle handling. When cleaning them, you should try to cover the area to be wiped as much as possible.
Office equipment should be handled gently and delicately, use only soft, non-fleecy materials and non-corrosive liquids to wipe the screen. Then he will serve faithfully for many years. Protect your computer monitor from all kinds of dirt, stains and take care of it properly!
How to wipe a laptop screen at home?
Any owner of new technology, including a laptop, will certainly think about how to wipe the laptop screen at home. Of course, you shouldn’t use rags or napkins for this business, which are usually used for setting the dinner table. And, of course, you cannot spray on the laptop screen from a spray bottle Not only with water, but also with other liquids.
5 Why professional tools are better?
Professional products much faster and easier Cleans up dust, dirt, streaks and greasy fingerprints left on the laptop screen.
There is also a convenient dispenser for cleaning liquid, which makes it possible to regulate the liquid during cleaning.
Due to the use of specialized materials, the likelihood of scratches disappears, and also such materials absorb moisture much better.
All professional products Not only allow you to get rid of dirt, but also protect against germs and bacteria.
Professional products are much more economical, since only a couple of drops of such a product are required.
2 What not to use?
Before you wipe the computer monitor from dirty prints, you need to know what to use is strictly not allowed. It is forbidden to use:
- simple paper napkins;
- rough cloth and towels;
- foam sponges.
To remove dust from the computer screen at home, paper napkins, rough towels are often used, but in this case, a large number of lint sticks to the screen, which are sometimes very difficult to remove. In addition, napkins and rough cloth can scratch the surface of the screen, and not only leave streaks, which is why you should choose the softest possible cloth.
In this case, how to wipe the computer screen? Wet wipes are best suited for this task; before buying, you need to read what they are soaked in. If they are impregnated with an alcohol-containing solution, then such a purchase should be refrained from. If you use wipes soaked in alcohol, there is a high chance that many small cracks will appear on the screen, as well as damage to the anti-glare coating.
An equally important criterion will be the degree of humidity, since you can clean the computer screen with a very damp cloth, but some of the moisture will still be absorbed into the screen, which, of course, will not have a very positive effect on its work. Soft wipes will also work, which are usually sold in a set with a special composition for caring for a computer screen. It is also a good idea to choose microfiber, which is used to clean glasses of glasses. They use it due to the fact that it has practically no lint, which can remain on the surface of the glasses or the monitor.
What is forbidden to do?
It is forbidden to wipe the laptop screen or other equipment during their work. Soap water, foam and specialized mixtures dry out in an instant on the warmth of the monitor and get inside it, damaging internal parts and shortening the life of the computer.
It is forbidden to use detergents intended for washing dishes and glasses, as the substances that they contain can corrode the top layer of the laptop screen.
Do not clean off dirt with a knife, blades or other sharp objects. At a minimum, this will lead to the appearance of many scratches or completely disable the monitor.
Matte monitors, in contrast to glossy ones, can be wiped with damp wipes and rags, since all dried stains can be easily washed off in one go. Glossy monitors, on the other hand, require more respect for themselves. During cleaning, it follows at one time covering as much of the wiped area as possible.
Any electronic equipment should be handled with care. When removing stains of dirt from the monitor, it is not recommended to use unnecessarily fuzzy rags and towels, aggressive means for cleaning the screen. By observing these rules, you can extend the life of the monitor not in months, but even for whole years.
Types of contamination on a laptop
A rather important point is the method of wiping off the dust. It is much easier to simply brush off the dust than to wipe off the marks left by flies or other insects, or large spots. Therefore, in the beginning, you should figure out what the pollution is:
- Ordinary dust.
- Traces left by flies or other insects.
- mud tracks.
- Fat stains from fingers.
It is easiest to wipe the laptop screen from dust, because it is enough to make just a couple of movements with your hand, in which there is a small, but most importantly, dry cloth or sponge, and there will not be a trace of all traces of dust on the screen.
Various stains of dirt left by flies or all sorts of other insects can be very easily removed with special wet wipes, which are specially designed to remove such dirt. But you should never try to scrape off stains with your fingers, especially on modern LCD monitors, because this can damage the special protective coating, and you can accidentally cause the laptop screen and other damage, which most likely WILL NOT be noticed immediately, but will appear with further operation of the equipment.
If plain water is used to remove stains of dirt, then it is necessary to carefully wring out the napkin or rag. Removing dirt stains with plain water can have an extremely negative effect on office equipment if water is directly spilled onto the laptop display. Water flows into various holes or is simply absorbed into the screen, which affects the structure of the screen, which will be broken. In addition, water ingress can cause damage to the entire laptop, not just the screen.
The LCD monitor is easiest to wipe with a mild solution of 3% vinegar, even with the heaviest dirt. After removing all dirt, you just need to wipe the monitor with a dry cloth to remove any moisture that might remain on it.
If the dust is on the laptop screen at home, then to remove it, you can use ordinary cellophane, which is found in every home. But it is best to use food grade cellophane, because it is quite soft and thin. When the cellophane starts to come into contact with the laptop screen, static electricity will begin to form, but since it will be much stronger on cellophane, all the dust will be attracted and stick to it. When using this method, it is necessary that the laptop is disconnected from the mains and cooled down.
Laptop cleaning process
The computer screen should be cleaned as it is used, because in the process of use traces of dust, dirt and greasy fingerprints will inevitably remain on the screen.
Before cleaning the monitor from dust, unplug the monitor and let it stand for a while, letting all parts cool down. Only then can you start cleaning.
For cleaning, only clean rags and napkins are used, any slight contamination on them can lead to the appearance of numerous smudges and dirty stripes on the monitor. If dust has just accumulated on the screen, you can simply wipe it with microfibre or a specialized cleaning cloth for the monitor, as there will be no dirt marks, streaks or lint left from them.
Soap saves the more serious ones, it is enough to lather a damp cloth or napkin a little and wipe the monitor with them, but it is important NOT to overdo it when soaping the rag, if the rag is not squeezed well, water may flow into the corners of the monitor or begin to be absorbed, and this can even lead to a short circuit. and then the repair may already NOT help, you will need to purchase a new computer.
After soaping the monitor, you should prepare a bowl of clean water, in which you rinse well with a soap cloth and wring it thoroughly several times. Then, this rag is used to remove soap residues from the computer screen. If the cloth is too damp, the screen surface will take a long time to dry. Do not use the computer until the monitor is completely dry.
You should also not spray water on the monitor during cleaning, as water can accidentally get on the matrix shell, this can lead to the screen becoming striped, and it will be extremely difficult to view something on it or completely impossible.
To avoid moisture ingress into the casing, it is necessary to remove dirt in a circular motion or vertical from bottom to top. The corners, which adhere to the base, are gently wiped with cotton swabs, the main thing is not to press very hard on them so as not to damage the display.
If food or hot drinks get on the screen, you must immediately start cleaning. If varnishes or paints come in contact with it, clean it with the utmost care. Various water-based paints, for example, watercolors, can be washed off relatively easily. It is much more difficult to get rid of traces of glyphtal or oil paint, so if they get on the monitor, you must immediately remove the paint with a small wooden spatula, a piece of plastic cut from a bottle will do. Do not smear the stain, as it will be very difficult to wash it later.
After removing large stains, proceed to the following cleaning steps:
- disconnect the computer from the network;
- start preparing a weak solution of baby soap;
- moisten a microfiber napkin;
- Wipe the remaining stains as gently as possible (from the edges of the monitor to the center)
- a fresh napkin is moistened with purified water;
- wipe off the remaining soap in the same way as before, from the edges of the screen to its center;
- if necessary, then repeat all these steps until traces of stains are completely gone;
- proceed with the final wiping of the monitor with a clean cloth.
The most important thing here is to remove all the dirt in one go. In order to prevent the water from drying out and absorbing into the monitor, if this happens, then the stains will no longer be washed away, they literally become part of the screen, and the absorbed moisture can lead to damage to the monitor. When cleaning the screen, it is not necessary to apply strong pressure to the screen to avoid accidental breakage.
Dried stains, which were NOT noticed before the start of cleaning, you can try to scrape off with a thin wooden stick, but not with nails, knife or razor. If all else fails, you can try to soak the stains with a slightly damp cloth and soapy water. If this does not help, then it is best to transfer the computer to professionals for a repair service, but if they DO NOT succeed in removing the stains, then you will have to change the display.
What cannot be used to clean the LCD
It is not possible to clean the laptop monitor by all means. NOT every sponge is suitable for this procedure. Bad material, inappropriate use of cleaning agents can damage the display:
- accidental scratches;
- damage to the LCD display due to the use of an unsuitable cleaning liquid;
- destruction of liquid crystals (with very strong pressure on the screen).
Some detergents contain substances that will gradually erode the surface of the monitor. Before you start cleaning, check out the list of steps that cannot be used to clean the LCD screen:
- Lint-free fabric, terry towel. These materials leave little threads on the surface that stick to the laptop. Fluff can scratch the screen.
- Paper products, paper napkins. If you clean LCD with these products, particles of material will remain on its surface. They damage the screen in the same way as threads, lint from fabrics.
- any brushes.
- Rough, stiff fabrics.
- Waffle towels (these items can scratch the screen).
- Foam sponges designed for washing dishes. This material leaves streaks. Therefore, such a cleaning will entail another one. The pores of the sponge can retain dust, grains of sand, crumbs, which damage LCD.
Paper can scratch the screen
If you decide to use a detergent to clean the stains of grease, fingerprints, dust, and do not use the following for this purpose:
- Products containing acetone, alcohol. These substances have a damaging effect on the anti-reflective coating. After the first cleaning of the display with such a means of damage, you may not notice. But already at this time, microcracks appear, which will expand over time. If alcohol mixtures are used regularly to clean the screen, it will affect the appearance of the glass. It will look transparent from the outside. It will be noticeable that it is not new.
- Cleaning powder, abrasives. They leave scratches on the screen.
- Soda. This popular method is recommended for wiping off various types of dirt at home. This tool does a great job of removing burnt food from the stove, of course, but it is NOT good for removing greasy stains from the display.
We strongly do not recommend using products for the care of monitors that are NOT intended for this. Not every screen can withstand wet cleaning with the use of such products as polish, shampoo, liquid for washing windows.
The best way to clean your monitor screen is to use a dedicated product.
How to clean the monitor
Wet wipes designed for cleaning monitors. Make sure they are suitable for TFT TN, TFT IPS matrices. They must be made of lint-free material. Pay particular attention to the composition of the impregnation. It should NOT contain alcohol. Preference should be given to napkins soaked in water, which do not leave streaks. Glossy screens are more sensitive to divorce, they are wiped with special care. It is desirable to capture a large area at a time.
Use wet wipes to clean the monitor as follows:
- wipe the display with a damp cloth, while capturing all corners;
- waiting for the napkin to dry;
- we wipe the screen again with a dry cloth;
- Repeated wiping with a dry cloth ensures streak-free and clear monitor shine.
2. Dry wipes. Cleaning wipes can be wet or dry. They remove not only dirt, dust, but also have the ability to relieve static stress. They can be combined to remove dirt from the screen. This wet and dry wipe set can be purchased at a computer store. Wet is impregnated with a special composition, thanks to which all dirt from the screen is quickly and efficiently removed. Dry is designed to remove residual moisture, dirt.
3. Complex for cleaning the laptop monitor. It includes a bottle of cleaning spray, a package of dry wipes. The liquid from the bottle cannot be sprayed onto the screen. A small amount of liquid is applied to one of the napkins, then the surface is wiped. Wipe the display dry with a second napkin.
4. Cloth for wiping glasses. Microfiber is considered ideal for cleaning stains from the display. It is intended for collecting dust, removing streaks, greasy stains from sensitive surfaces. This fabric owes its effectiveness to its structure.
5. High quality cotton pads. If the quality is poor, cotton wool will fall out of the discs, fluff will stick to the monitor, which are difficult to remove.
Monitor cleaning wipes
How to clean a laptop screen at home
Oily spots on the monitor, dust particles make it difficult to perceive the image, and also have a negative effect on vision. The liquid crystal monitor does NOT have the ability to repel dirt, therefore dust gradually settles on it, leaving prints, streaks. In the article, we will consider how to wipe a computer monitor at home, which methods are more effective, convenient.
How to clean your monitor at no cost
There are many simple, but not always economical, options for cleaning your monitor. But in some cases, you need to decide how to wipe the laptop screen at home, so that the costs are minimal. There are enough options, the main thing is that they are safe for your laptop and you.
How can you wipe your laptop screen if you don’t have enough funds to buy a special kit or spray? In this case, you can use elementary means: water, soap. We offer the following options for using these substances:
Folk remedies for cleaning the computer screen
We will describe how you can properly clean your computer monitor at home, without harm to technology.
- To remove dust Use a plastic, cellophane bag. Dust particles will be attracted to it due to static electricity. Increase the attraction by rubbing the bag on synthetic fabric.
- Using a balloon. Works like a bag, but rub against wool, hair, stuffed animal, fluffy synthetic material to increase static electricity.
- Regular soap (not household soap). It is desirable that the soap contains no dye, fragrance, chemical additives, or their minimum. In a glass of water (35. 36 degrees) dissolve liquid soap (2 tbsp. L.), Stir, moisten a cloth, wring out, wipe the monitor.
- Table vinegar (9%). We take 2 tbsp for a glass of warm water. l. means, we apply to a rag, squeeze, process a dirty surface. Wash the weave again, wipe the surface. Finally, wipe the display with a dry cloth.
- Lemon acid. In warm water (150 ml) Dissolve completely 1/3 or ¼ part of a teaspoon of the powder. Into liquid Moisten a cloth, treat the monitor, wipe with a damp cloth, wipe with a dry cloth at the end.
Do not use alcohol-containing products, it is better to replace them with a weak vinegar solution
If you have to clean the monitor, initially turn off the laptop or computer. You need to turn it off, not just turning off the screen or activating standby mode. Unplug the device from the socket. At the time of the cleaning procedure, the equipment display must be completely de-energized.
It is important to know how to properly wipe a dirty home computer monitor, how NOT to damage the glass, what you can use and what is prohibited:
- DO NOT use detergents containing alcohol, acetone.
- Do not clean the dirt off with any sharp object (knife, blade, scissors). For this purpose, you can use a rag with a special monitor cleaner. When cleaning heavy dirt, do not rub the screen, it is better to walk twice through the dirt with a rag than ruin the display.
- Do not put the device into standby mode before cleaning the laptop. It must be completely disabled. This precautionary measure will keep your device safe and secure.
- For cleaning Use a lint-free cleaning material to keep the monitor from being scratched by abrasive particles.
- To clean the corners of the monitor from dirt, dust, it is recommended to use cotton swabs.
- If the stain is difficult, it should be initially wiped with a special agent applied to a cloth, after a few minutes it is removed with gentle movements. Hold the screen with your free hand when cleaning the monitor with a suitable product. This is necessary in order to prevent the device from falling.
- To clean hard-to-reach places, cracks, you can use a toothpick, which you pre-wrap in a napkin.
- Wipe the screen in one direction (either horizontally or vertically). It is important that the movements are light. Can’t push the screen.
- Hands need to be prepared for work. All jewelry that can scratch the monitor (bracelet, ring, watch) is removed from them.
- If the display is too dusty, dirty, experts recommend replacing the cleaning material, rinsing it between approaches.
- Turn on the laptop, computer after the procedure.
It is very important to follow the rules for caring for monitors, this will save you from unnecessary expenses
In order not to harm the display when cleaning a laptop, computer, you should avoid contamination. To do this, you must follow the basic rules:
When cleaning the screen or monitor, it is strictly forbidden to use:
- terry towels;
- ordinary paper napkins;
- foam sponge;
- coarse cloth.
Towels and tissue paper leave lint and paper debris on the screen, and rough cloth will scratch the surface. Foam sponges ensure smudging after cleaning the monitor.
You also need to read the list of actions that will help avoid unpleasant consequences:
- Do not wipe the display while the device is running. The fact is that the screen heats up and liquids instantly dry on it: water, soap suds, etc. As a result, moisture seeps into the internal parts of the laptop, shortening the service life of the equipment.
- Never use dishwashing or window cleaner. These substances will corrode the monitor’s coating.
- Do not try to wipe off dirt with a knife, razor or coarse cloth. At best, the screen will be scratched. At worst, the monitor will fail.
- Glossy screens require a more delicate approach than matte ones. Therefore, they wipe the glossy display, squeeze the damp cloth more carefully, and try to cover the maximum area at a time.
- DO NOT use alcohol-based solutions as they destroy the anti-reflective film.
Do not make THESE mistakes, you can clean the monitor without harm to the computer.
How to clean a laptop screen and computer monitor at home
The more you use the unit, the more dust, dirt and insect marks accumulate on the monitor. This can adversely affect the performance of your computer. Therefore, the display must be cleaned regularly. This can be done at home, however, in order not to harm the laptop screen, certain rules must be followed.
You should read a few helpful tips to help you clean your laptop screen effectively and safely:
- Microfiber cloths work well for removing dust.
- When wiping the monitor, you should make movements in different directions, and not applying force.
- The more you use the computer, the more often you need to dust it off.
- You can use a cotton swab to remove dust and dirt from hard-to-reach places. It is important NOT to press them on the screen, otherwise the cotton wool may remain in the corner of the display, which will greatly reduce the performance of the laptop.
- The materials used to clean the monitor must be clean and not too damp and must NOT contain alcohol.
- Make sure the computer is turned off before cleaning the screen. You can wipe the display only after the device has completely cooled down.
You can turn on the laptop only when the monitor is completely dry.
Greasy stains and insect marks
Often, unpleasant specks appear on the screen. traces of flies. You can try to wash them off with a damp microfiber cloth. Be sure to thoroughly squeeze out excess moisture. You can’t put pressure on the display, wipe it with a cloth.
Here, grease stains and fingerprints on the monitor are well helped by a soap solution. It is best to use baby soap. For this:
- A flannel or microfiber cloth should be soaked in water. Then lather and squeeze thoroughly. If too much moisture is present, suds can seep from the corners of the monitor onto the inside of the laptop. It threatens to short circuit.
- Wipe the screen gently, not by pressing on it.
- RINSE the cloth well and wring it out again thoroughly.
- Rinse the monitor several more times until the soap solution is completely removed.
You can use vinegar instead of soap:
- Mix 10 ml of 6% vinegar and 100 ml of pure water;
- moisten a microfiber cloth in the preparation solution and squeeze it thoroughly;
- wipe the screen, rather than using force;
- cleans dirt in hard-to-reach places with cotton swabs.
This method makes it easy to clean the monitor from dirt.
types of pollution
The method for cleaning the screen will depend on the type of dirt.
Most often, dust accumulates on the monitor, greasy fingerprints and insect marks remain.
You can also clean the monitor with cling film. Dust sticks to it, getting off the screen.
You can remove dust from the processor with a brush or even a low-power vacuum cleaner. The main thing is to act very carefully and make sure that the device has completely cooled down.
The technique must be handled with care and delicacy. For cleaning, use suitable lint-free and liquid-free materials and do not contain aggressive substances. Regular maintenance helps to improve the performance of the device and extend its life.
What is a tablet
Tablet computer (tablet). it is a kind of laptops. These PCs are equipped with screens with touch sensors and can be operated with a stylus or fingers.,
Such operating systems allow users to use without limitation any software available for a desktop computer.
How to clean the tablet screen
When cleaning the tablet monitors, we do not recommend using liquids containing alcohol, cleaning agents and various sprays. Such preparations can easily damage the coating.
With the traditional treatment option, water and a piece of matter are enough. For heavier soiling, use special products.
How to clean a laptop screen. material
What can you clean your laptop screen with? it is recommended to use two lint-free wipes (eg flannel). The first, slightly moistened, removes dust, and the second, dry. wipes the screen so that there are NO streaks on it.
It is recommended to use cotton fabrics, lint-free microfiber fabrics, dry disposable wipes.
The matter does not have to be wet. extremely wet. Liquid flowing down from wet matter can leave traces on the plane of the screen, which are quite difficult to remove. In addition, this liquid can cause a short circuit in the electrical circuits of the device.
The fabric does not have to electrify.
Make sure that the cloth is clean, there are rough particles on it, which can scratch the laptop screen.
How to clean a laptop screen? How to clean the tablet screen?
With the passage of time and depending on the conditions in the room, the screens of electronic devices (monitors, laptops, Tablet PCs, etc.) accumulate dust, greasy fingerprints and other contaminants appear.
Every electronic device needs maintenance, i.e. prevention and cleaning.
Maintenance of equipment should be carried out regularly. Any care begins, first of all, with cleaning the computer screen from dust and dirt.
How to take care of your laptop and tablet?
How to clean your laptop screen. facilities
If you answer the question, the better to wipe the laptop screen, then it is preferable, of course, to choose ready-made specialized napkins and means for this purpose.
Professional products are distinguished by the fact that they predict various degrees of pollution, and also focus on different models and features of technology. With professional tools at hand, the question of what to clean your laptop screen will no longer be a problem.
- Using alcohol and alcohol-containing liquids!
- Wipe the laptop screen with window cleaner, floor cleaner.
Use of cleaning agents with active aggressive ingredients (acetone, etc.)
How to clean a matte laptop screen
When caring for matte surfaces, sometimes it is enough just to moisten the cloth and simply wipe the screen with an initially moistened cloth, then dry it and wait until it dries completely.
Benefits of professional products when caring for a laptop or tablet
1. Features Special formulations allow you to easily get rid of all kinds of stains and dust.
2. The presence of a convenient form and dispenser makes it possible to practically adjust the required amount of liquid for cleaning.
3. The use of special materials protects against scuffs and scratches, and completely absorbs moisture.
4. As a rule, professional products Not only cleanse from dirt, but also perfectly cope with bacteria and germs.
5. Profitability. Only a few drops of the miracle remedy are required for cleaning.
How to clean the screen
1. Before starting the procedure, you must turn off the computer and disconnect the peripherals from it. You should start work in a smooth circular motion, wipe the screen with a damp cloth.
2. After the initial treatment with repeated circular movements, it is necessary to get rid of the remaining strips.
3. Wipe the surface with light strokes, rather than using all your strength to remove large dirt from the laptop screen. The pressure should be just enough to hold the fabric on the plane of the monitor, no more. Excessive pressure on the fabric can damage the LCD matrix and cause significant damage to the screen.
4. When carrying out work, it is necessary to avoid direct contact with the fingers of the plane of the screen.
5. Support the back of the screen to prevent the device from toppling over or falling off while cleaning.
6. To remove the most stubborn dirt, the procedure may need to be repeated several times. If the contamination is rather strong, then it is recommended to change the cloth (cleaning cloth) several times.
Napkins and products
Recently, dry wipes have gained great popularity, which are designed specifically for cleaning surfaces. Their distinctive feature is the absence of lint. To clean the screen, take one such cloth and apply a thin layer of the cleanser.
Remember that various gels and sprays can cause streaks to remain on the screen. Getting rid of them will be quite problematic.
You can also arm yourself with wet wipes. They have a rather soft texture, making the cleansing process safe and effective. Efficient aLGorithm:
- Wipe the screen with a damp cloth.
- Wait until it dries a little, then repeat the action.
- Once the cloth is completely dry, wipe the screen a third time.
How to clean a laptop screen?
Over time, dust and dirt accumulate on the laptop screen, and insect marks and fingerprints look not at all aesthetically pleasing. Handy tools will help to return the screen to its previous appearance, but it is important to know what mistakes should be avoided, how to properly wipe the monitor.
What not to do?
Technique requires proper handling. To make the cleansing process as effective as possible, pay attention to some details:
- DO NOT wipe the laptop while it is running. This applies not only to computers, but also to any equipment. This is because the water, foam or cleaner will dry out immediately on the screen. This is due to the fact that during the operation of the device, the surfaces are heated.
- If you need to remove flies or grease stains, refrain from using dishwashing detergents or glass wipers. You can significantly damage the screen coating, as such products contain substances that corrode them.
- Press hard on the screen. All actions should be light and accurate. Otherwise, the laptop LCD may be damaged.
- Use only means that will NOT damage the screen. Even if it is heavily soiled and it seems that you cannot do without using a knife or blade, it will be a bad decision. In the best case, you will achieve that a large number of small scratches appear on the screen (this also applies to those cases when you used a sponge with a rough texture). In other cases, the display may break and NOT transmit an image.
- DO NOT use wet wipes. Only wet are allowed. A prerequisite is their purity. Using wet wipes will allow excess moisture to get onto the inside of the device. Even if nothing visually changes, the laptop‘s lifespan will be significantly reduced.
How to clean a laptop screen at home
You don’t need to resort to expensive cleaning tools to clean your laptop. Of course, there are special aerosols and wipes intended for wiping the screen, but you can get by with improvised means.
Wipe clean with a soft cloth, cotton pads, dry or damp cloths. For more effective cleansing, use baby soap or special products.
You do not need to use special purchased products. It is enough to arm yourself with baby soap (always with a neutral pH level), cotton swabs or discs.
Follow a simple procedure:
- Take a cotton pad and wipe the monitor from accumulated dirt.
- Soak it in clean water, be sure to squeeze it well and lather with baby soap.
- Wipe the entire surface with a dampened cotton pad, changing them periodically.
- Wipe the monitor gently with dry material.
Cotton pads are a great alternative to special wipes. They help you achieve the same result.
Cleaning the monitor from dirt should be carried out depending on how often dust and dirt accumulates on it. Most often there are many traces of flies or other insects, fingerprints and dust.
- Be sure to use only clean materials. If you take a dirty rag or napkin, streaks and streaks may appear on the display, which will be more difficult to get rid of.
- If the screen is heavily soiled, but only dust, it is worth wiping it with a slightly damp cloth or soft sponge. The most preferred material is microfiber.
- You can use the designated napkins or cotton pads. If there is too much dirt on the monitor, then soap and special gels will help solve the problem.
- Using a special tool, do not spray it on one monitor. It (if ingested) can significantly harm the laptop. The best solution is to apply the product to a rag, and only then clean the screen of dirt.
- It is best to use a cotton swab to remove accumulated dirt in the corner of the display. It is not only cheap and convenient, but also effective.
Another recommendation is to cleanse with gentle circular motions (you can brush vertically). This prevents excess moisture from entering the device.