iPhone Transferring Data to New Phone
data transfer via iTunes
For this method, we already need a computer with iTunes installed (preferably the latest version). Before starting work, connect the old device to the PC and wait for it to be detected by the program. iPhone will be highlighted in the top menu, click on its icon. Then go to the “This PC” window, where there is an item “Create a copy now”.
iTunes will ask for your permission to copy programs, confirm it using the button in the pop-up window. At the end of the procedure, iTunes will display the date of the last backup of the device.
Then you only need to reset the settings on the new iPhone to factory settings (if this is the first start of the phone, you do not need to reset anything). After manipulating the start screen, select the “Restore from a copy of iTunes” button. A window will appear in iTunes prompting you to restore from a backup, select “Restore from backup” and click “Continue”. At the end of the process, wait until all applications are fully synchronized.
Instructions for transferring data from iPhone to iPhone
When buying a new iPhone, the user may need to transfer his personal data from the old device. How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone? Read below.
This method is the easiest, you will need to use Apple’s proprietary iCloud service to transfer information to a new iPhone. It is a cloud storage that allows you to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone and to other iOS devices. It can also be useful when archiving critical files. So, to get started, grab your old iPhone and follow these steps:
- Go to settings. Go to the iCloud menu, find Storage & Copies. The date of the last backup (copies of important device files) will be displayed at the bottom of the screen. If you want to create a more recent version, click the Create a Copy button;
- The phone will then copy the files to iCloud. This procedure can take quite a long time (depending on the memory of the device and the speed of the Internet connection).
This completes the manipulations with the old iPhone. Switch to your new iOS device and do the following:
- Reset the settings to factory defaults. If the phone is new, you do not need to do this. After configuring the basic parameters (time, date, Wi-Fi network), click the “Recover from iCloud copy” button. In the menu that appears, enter your personal information (Apple ID and password). Accept the privacy terms;
- In the new window, select the latest version of the backup made on the old device. Immediately after that, the process of copying data and settings from the old iPhone to the new one should begin.
After completing all the manipulations, the new smartphone will reboot and display information about the successful restoration of the backup.
data transfer through the AnyTrans utility
- Connect your old and new iOS device to your computer using two USB cables. Launch AnyTrans and wait for the gadgets to sync. Its status will be displayed in the upper left corner of the program;
- Select your old device from the menu, click on the iOS icon at the top of the window;
- Click the “Content to iOS” button. In the next window, a menu will open with all possible files for transfer, their number will also be displayed here. Mark the necessary icons and confirm the transfer of all data;
That’s all, the operation is complete. As a reminder, when transferring contacts to a new iPhone, you will need to temporarily turn off iCloud syncing for that device. AnyTrans can also work with Android smartphones where the USB debugging option is pre-enabled. We hope our data transfer guide was helpful to you.
If you are reading this, it means that you were interested, so please subscribe to our channel on Yandex.Zen, and for one please put a like (thumbs up) for your efforts. thank!
If you are reading this, it means that you were interested, so please subscribe to our channel on Yandex.Zen, and for one please put a like (thumbs up) for your efforts. thank!
Transfer Data from iPhone to Android
To transfer their files to IOS, Google OS users will have to install an additional utility. Since the systems are different, initially they do not provide for the possibility of switching from one smartphone to another. Most often, this is done using the “Move to IOS” application, which is available for download on Google Play. After completing the installation on both devices, you need to connect to a Wi-Fi network, then:
- On iPhone, go to “Settings” and find the “Applications and Data” section, where the item “Transfer data from Android” is located.
- Enter the “Move to IOS” application from your Android smartphone and click on the “Continue” button. The user agreement will appear on the screen, which must be accepted and clicked “Next”.
- Find “Code Finder” and run it. The field is reserved for numbers that appeared on the iPhone. At this stage, sometimes a message appears that the quality of the Internet is too low. The warning does not have to be taken into account: it does not affect future work.
- After successful connection, select the files to be displayed on the new smartphone. When all the files are selected, you need to click the “Next” button, the process of downloading information to the new phone will begin. If the size of the selected files exceeds 50 GB, the developers recommend connecting the devices to the power supply. transferring system and content backups consumes battery power.
We transfer contacts, calls, SMS, photos and videos to your phone
Most of the information on the phone is stored on SD cards. However, they are not available on all models. Since the beginning of 2017, a fashion has appeared for flagships that do not provide for memory expansion. The most prominent representatives of phones without the ability to insert a memory card are the iPhone.
Apple phones have never been released with storage expansion in mind. Due to these features, data transfer causes a serious headache, especially if their volume exceeds 100 GB.
But thanks to special programs, phone owners do not even have to install additional software: you can transfer contacts, calls, SMS, photos and videos through the native utilities of the phone based on Android and iPhone.
All ways to transfer data from Xiaomi to Xiaomi (Mi Mover, Mi Drop, Mi account)
The Chinese brand Xiaomi cares about the convenience of its users. Even for data transfer, Xiaomi has provided many options that will save time and nerves.
The most popular among them is Mi Cloud. It is a cloud storage that permanently stores files from your phone. Recovery through this source is considered one of the easiest and fastest ways.
Mi Cloud is natively installed in all smartphones with MIUI shell.
To set up synchronization via Xiaomi branded cloud storage:
- Go to the settings, find the “Accounts” section.
- Find “Mi Account” and go to it.
- If you are not signed in, log in using your e-mail or phone number.
- After that, log into Mi Cloud.
- In the application that opens, select the content types of interest and enable synchronization in them. If it is disabled for all file types, a message will appear at the top asking you to enable autosave. To avoid having to select specific data types, set up sync for all files with one click.
- If you need only contacts and messages to be in the cloud storage, for example, enable autoload for them optionally by going to the section of interest.
- After the download is complete, connect to Mi Cloud on another phone and the files will be downloaded automatically.
Another tool for transferring information is Mi Drop, which is available on all Xiaomi smartphones, where the MIUI proprietary shell is installed starting from version 7. To transfer files in this way, you will not need anything other than Wi-Fi. The program is focused specifically on data transfer, so there are no unnecessary functions in it. To transfer files to a new smartphone using Mi Drop:
- Open the app on two phones.
- On the main, select the files, including applications, that you want to transfer to your new device.
- Click on the “Submit” button, which will start a search for nearby devices.
- Confirm the file transfer on both smartphones and wait for the export to complete.
The third application with which you can switch to a new phone without losing information is Mi Mover. Like the previous utilities, it is already in the smartphone. The user does not have to download and configure anything. The main thing is that before transferring data from Xiaomi to Xiaomi, you need to make sure that Wi-Fi is turned on. At the same time, you can quickly transfer many files to another device in one action, along with a system backup.
Unlike previous methods, Mi Mover requires the simultaneous presence of two smartphones in close proximity, because to connect, you need to read the QR code. To transfer files:
- Go to the Settings menu and find the Advanced section where Mi Mover is located.
- Assign roles: recipient and recipient, respectively.
- A QR code will appear on the recipient’s smartphone. To read it, you need a special application, which is already preinstalled on all Xiaomi smartphones released after 2017. The code is needed with the Honor smartphone-sender.
- Wait for the process to complete.
Attention! An additional application is required to transfer files from iPhone to Xiaomi. You can use Google Drive file hosting. It is suitable for any operating system.
It is possible to transfer data from Xiaomi to computer and then transfer it to iPhone via iTunes. In this case, the scheme for downloading files from a smartphone will be similar to the above-described uploading content via USB.
How to transfer data to a memory card
If the broken smartphone and the new product support SD-flash drives, you can transfer information through it. The content on the card is exported through the “Explorer”. You cannot cut and paste files: this will delete system folders, which means Android will stop working.
You can transfer videos, photos and music, but you need to mark them in the appropriate folders or find them in one of the manager’s tabs. Visually, the guides are different, but all modern phones have such a tab. For example, in smartphones from Xiaomi in the “Explorer” application, a page automatically opens with the sorting of files by type: photo, video, documents, music, ARC, downloads and archives.
To transfer data from phone to memory card:
- Insert SD stick into device.
- Go to File Explorer and select the files you want to export. You can move them in stages. For example, first go to the “Video” tab and transfer files of this type to the USB flash drive. Then repeat the steps with music, photos, ARC, documents, SMS and mms.
- When the necessary files are selected, click on the “Copy” button that appears below. There is an option to just cut, but they will disappear in the starting folder. If you are doing this for the first time, it is not recommended to cut the files right away. with any error, their recovery can become a problem.
- When everything is copied, go to the SD card folder, which is separately located in the “Explorer” and click “Paste”.
- After the download is complete, all content will appear on the removable media. It can be removed from the smartphone and moved to another device. The only requirement for a new smartphone is support for SD cards.
Attention! Exporting contacts via SD is done through the phone book. In Explorer, these entries are not displayed on all phones.
Transfer data from one iPhone to another
Like Xiaomi, Apple strives to put the convenience of its users first. When you activate your smartphone, iCloud sync is automatically turned on. This allows you to quickly transfer data from iPhone to new phone. It is important to ensure that there is enough space in the storage for all files, otherwise at a crucial moment it turns out that only part of the content is in the cloud. Manufacturers have provided for the possibility of expanding the volume, but any changes are paid.
To transfer files to a new IOS smartphone, the user does not have to do anything. It is enough to log in to another device and the system will automatically start downloading all iCloud content only if the smartphone is connected to Wi-Fi. Otherwise, it will offer to restart the process later, if there is a wireless network. This decision is justified, because downloading a large amount of information via 4G can take much longer.
How to quickly transfer data from an old phone to a new phone, to an SD card and a computer: step-by-step instructions with detailed explanations
Replacing the phone can be a serious problem for the user. On them, where the memory capacity exceeds 16 GB, the whole life fits: from personal to business. The vault contains business contacts, photos and videos, documents and other files that are difficult or impossible to recover.
Everyone will be delighted with a new phone, but it is difficult to use it without familiar applications and information. Modern technologies will help you quickly transfer the necessary files without wasting a lot of time. You can transfer everything from photos to WhatsApp correspondence. The necessary files will be transferred to another phone, except for the registry entries.
There are two types of programs stored on smartphones. The first one is installed via downloaded ARC files from third-party sources. This type of application is located in the phone’s storage, and can be transferred to the SD card as described above. After moving them, you will have to reinstall them. the registry entries will remain in the system of the old phone, and only the installation files will appear on the new gadget. This type of program only works on Android.
The second type of files is virtually impossible to transfer. They are downloaded through official sources such as Play Market and App Store. Files of such programs cannot be transferred separately from the ARC phone.
However, there is good news for those who store a lot of programs on their phone. Android keeps a record of everything downloaded from the Play Store. Music, movies and games can be restored along with a backup by simply connecting to your account, as described above. Synchronization must be enabled for this. However, applications are slightly more difficult to restore: they will have to be manually downloaded again. To make this process as easy as possible, Google has created a My Apps & Games tab in the Play Store. There are 3 lists in this section:
- “Updates”. programs installed on the phone that have new versions;
- “Installed”. a general list of applications that are available on the phone;
- “Library”. programs that have ever been downloaded.
It is guided by this list that the owner of a new phone will be able to completely restore the files of their ARCs and immediately download them.
If the application is never installed again, you can simply remove it from the library. To add it back, just download it again using the search.
When transferring managers, for example, Viber to another phone, their entire history is loaded automatically from the backup versions saved on their official servers.
Attention! The presence of a SIM card does not affect the transfer of content to other smartphones. It doesn’t matter if there is an SD card in the gadget, if the files are transferred not through it.
The Android operating system was created by the American company Google, which provided a special program for storing data. With it, users will not have to take additional steps to access their files from any device.
To do this, you need to create an account. Often, owners of Android phones create it when the device is activated. If this was not done in advance, you can create a profile through the settings at any time:
- Go to the “Settings” application (on phones of different companies, the names of applications and items are different, but remain logically similar).
- Find the section “Users and accounts” and click on the plus or select the item “Add new account”.
- Step by step fill in the opened fields: “e-mail”, “Name”, “Surname” and go further.
- Come up with a new username. The main requirement is uniqueness. If the system has an account with an identical login, the error “This name is already taken” will be displayed. Also, the nickname will be tied to the @ gmail.com mailbox, which is created automatically when registering an account. It will receive news related to Google. After confirming the username. go further.
- In the window that opens, enter the password, which consists of at least 8 characters. If the password is missing at least 1 capital letter, number and special character, the program will generate an error. The resulting combination must be recorded in a safe place. It will be problematic to restore it, especially if the account is not tied to a phone number.
- Enter the phone number and confirm it using the code that will come in the SMS. This step is not necessary, however, linking to the number makes the account more secure and will not allow intruders to change the password unnoticed.
The main advantage of using Google Account is the ability to synchronize phones and quickly transfer information between them. This can make it easier to switch from one phone to another. After downloading the backup on a new device, the necessary files will be downloaded automatically and displayed in the storage.
Synchronization is done on demand or automatically by downloading files at a specified period. To run offline system backups:
- Go to the Settings app and look for Synchronization. This menu usually contains information about the profiles stored on the phone.
- Find Google in the drop-down list. If this is the main account in the operating system, it is automatically displayed at the top of the list on some phone models. For example, in the MIUI branded system from Xiaomi, the Mi Cloud application will be displayed in the top, because it is this that is the main one for creating backups and transferring them from Android to Android.
- The menu that opens shows the content types that are available for synchronization. The most frequently used ones are: “Documents”, “Contacts” and “Calendar”. Having set up an automatic download of information, the user just needs to log in to the new phone and turn on synchronization. After that, all information saved in the cloud will be automatically loaded.
How to Transfer Data to New iPhone with iTunes
You need a Lightning cable or a 30-pin cable (if it’s iPhone 4S or older).
2: Connect your old iPhone to your Mac or Windows computer.
4: Click on the iPhone icon in the menu bar.
5: Choose to encrypt local copy and add password.
6: If you are asked about creating a backup copy of the applications, click skip. (They will install anyway)
7: Wait for the backup to complete.
8: Disconnect the old iPhone from the computer, turn it off and remove the SIM card from it.
9: Insert the SIM card into your new iPhone and turn it on.
10: connect your new iPhone to your Mac or Windows computer.
11: Start configuring it, choose a language, connect to a Wi-FI network.
12: On the Set up iPhone page, select Recover from iTunes copy
13: In iTunes on your Mac or Windows, choose restore from backup
14: Select the last backup from the list and enter the password.
Depending on the size of your backup, apps and music, you may have to wait a while for all of this to load. Do not disconnect your iPhone until the backup is finished. At the end of the process, the device can be used.
How to Transfer Data to New iPhone from Old Smartphone to Android or Windows
If you decide to switch from an Android or Windows Phone smartphone, you can also transfer some data from them to the iPhone, although not all, for example, you cannot transfer applications.
How to Automatically Transfer Data from Old iPhone to New
In iOS 11 and newer, it is possible to quickly transfer data from one iPhone to another. The only condition is that both smartphones must be next to each other. So, let’s begin:
1: Turn on your new iPhone or iPad and place it next to your old device (both devices must have iOS 11 or newer).
2: On the new iPhone, the “Quick Start” window should appear, where you will be prompted to set up a new device and enter your Apple ID.
3: After that, an image should appear on the new iPhone, scan it with the old iPhone.
4: When prompted for passcode, enter passcode from old iPhone on new.
5: set up Touch ID on your new iPhone or iPad.
6: You should now be prompted to restore data to a new iPhone from your last compatible backup.
7: Choose what you want to restore to a new device a backup from iCloud or iTunes, set up as a new iPhone or iPad, or transfer data from an Android device.
8: Agree to the terms.
9: Choose whether you want to transfer some settings related to “Siri”, “Find my iPhone“, Apple Pay, location and privacy.
10: Complete the process of setting up your new iPhone or iPad.
How to Transfer All Data from Old iPhone to New iPhone
In this tutorial, I have described the easiest and best way to transfer all data from your old iPhone to a new one? Step by step.
So you’ve bought a new iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, or iPhone XR, and now you need to transfer all your data from your old iPhone to your new iPhone. It doesn’t matter how you decide to transfer your data using iOS 12, iCloud or iTunes auto setup, you need to back up your old iPhone before you start.
Tip: If you make an encrypted data backup of your old iPhone using iTunes, then restore it to your new iPhone. All information will be transferred, including passwords. Plus, it will save more time and require less effort in working with the backup.
After you have made a backup, choose which method is more convenient for you to transfer data to a new iPhone.
How to Transfer Data to New iPhone Using iCloud
If you use iCloud cloud storage, you can take a backup from there, and transfer all data wirelessly. For starters, it’s best to manually start creating a backup on your old device before installing it on your new iPhone. This will ensure that all the latest information has been archived and transferred.
1: take your old iPhone.
2: Make sure your iPhone or iPad is connected to Wi-Fi. (If it is discharged, plug it into the charger.)
3: Go to your old iPhone in Settings
6: Click on Create Backup
7: When the backup is finished, turn off your old iPhone
8: remove the SIM card from the old iPhone
Be sure to wait until the backup is complete before proceeding.
1: Insert your SIM card into the new iPhone and turn it on.
2: Start configuring it, choose a language, connect to a Wi-FI network.
3: On the iPhone Settings page, select Recover from iCloud Copy
4: Log into your iCloud account. (Enter your Apple ID and password.) And click Next
5: Select the last backup from the list and enter the iCloud password (if required)
Depending on how much data will be downloaded, including music and apps, this may take some time. Stay within Wi-Fi range as much as possible to speed up the process.
Your iPhone can get very hot in the process, and the battery drains heavily during recovery. Do not worry, after recovery the temperature will return to normal.
Questions about data migration?
If you have any difficulties or if you still have questions about transferring data from one iPhone to another, write in the comments below.!
Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone
“Apple” smartphones are getting cooler every year, and hands are already itching to switch to a novelty. If it stops transferring data from one iPhone to another, there is no need to be afraid. Now the owners of Apple mobile phones transfer information in the following way:
How to Transfer All Data from an Old iPhone to a New iPhone
- via iTunes / iCloud;
- using the “quick start” function. just put two switched on iPhones (new and old) side by side, after which the “start” screen will appear. Then follow the instructions on the screen;
- transfer directly (only for iOS 12.4 and newer). It is possible both through a cable (connecting 2 devices), and by downloading the backup information from iCloud;
- using third-party software;
Create a backup copy of the “old man” in Google
After the data from the calendar, bookmarks and browser history have been transferred to the “cloud”, you should take care of the “important little things” such as the call log, SMS history, application data and transferring contacts from the phone. Usually the transfer of this data is already enabled, but rechecking will not hurt. To do this, you need to do the following:
Then the system will start copying information to Google Drive. Depending on the amount of information and Internet speed, it takes from 5 minutes to an hour.
Recover from a backup on a new mobile phone
It’s easier to do this on a new mobile phone. Then on your Android you need to repeat the following steps:
Wait until everything is ready. Please note that you will need to log in again in the migrated applications. Yes, “data transfer” saves you from the hassle with files, but authorization will take time.
If the phone has already been turned on, there are 2 options for solving the problem: soft and radical.
A sharp way is to reset the settings and install the phone “from scratch” (as in the paragraph above). It is done like this.
- Open “Settings”.
- Select “System”.
- Take a look at “advanced settings”.
- Confirm intentions through “Reset settings”.
- If there are no “Additional settings”. select “Reset settings” in the “System” menu. Then the phone will reboot and you can install the system as described above.
How to Transfer Everything from Your Old iPhone to iPhone 12 and 12 Pro
The softer version is like this.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Select “Accounts”.
- Tap on “Add account”.
- Enter the login and password of the required Google account.
- After authorization, you need to go to the “Accounts” section again.
- Select the required account.
- Click on “”.
- Confirm “Synchronization”.
This will transfer mail, calendar and contacts to the new phone. If that’s enough, you don’t have to continue. For those who need to get the applications they need, do the following.
- Go to Google Play.
- Go to “My Apps and Games”.
- Select the “three stripes” icon (responsible for the sorting type).
- Agree to sort “Recent”.
- Download required attachments.
Transferring data using iCloud
The easiest way to “transfer” information is already built into the system. At the same time, it works even with “oldies” like the iPhone 4S, and even more so on the current iPhone 11. For a smooth data transfer, you need to do the following.
- Turn on iTunes on computer.
- Tap on the mobile phone icon from the top left.
- Check the “Backups” section. There should be a checkmark on “This computer” (for those who do not have enough space to transfer all files to iCloud) and “iCloud” (for owners of a spacious “cloud”).
- Click on “Create a copy now”.
- Wait 10-20 minutes for the data to be copied.
- Upon completion of the “backup” of data, at the bottom of the window will appear “Last copy: today at XX hours”.
- Now the data is securely saved and you can remove the SIM card from the first device.
- Move SIM card to new phone.
- The device will ask if you need to recover the data. Answer this in the affirmative.
- Then 2 options “from iCloud” or “through iTunes” will be highlighted. If the data was stored on the cloud, choose the first option. For PC. second.
- Follow the instructions in the setup wizard.
Transferring data from one Android smartphone to another
Catch four options for transferring data between Android phones:
If both phones support the Android Beam function, it is enough to connect them via NFC and follow the instructions on the screen;
- using MiCloud
Transferring data is similar to working through a Google account: you need to sync with the cloud, transfer all the data there, make a backup, log into MiCloud from a new phone and restore all data from there;
- through third-party programs
CLONEit, Motorola Migrate, SHAREit, Send Anywhere are just 4 of the most popular apps available on Google Play. You need to download one of these apps to a new phone and start the transfer procedure, following the instructions on the screen;
- using a google account
The most difficult among the proposed methods, but it works on all devices. Described in detail in the section below.
The first 2 methods work only with a narrow range of devices. Some users are not ready to trust their data to third-party applications from the 3rd paragraph. It’s easier to use the universal option. Google sync. It will be discussed below in the text.
How to transfer data to a new phone: 5 ways to “recover
Even 10 years ago, transferring data from phone to phone was a gamble, gigabytes of information and phone numbers were lost. Now the adventures are over, this is done in no time according to a clear algorithm. We will teach and show several working hacks how to transfer information from Android, iPhone and between two smartphone systems.
Preparing to transfer data from Android to Android
First you need to make sure that your old mobile phone is linked to your Google account. You can check it by going to “Settings →” Accounts “. In this case, both phones must be charged and connected to Wi-Fi. Or you will have to sacrifice some of the content, since it will be transmitted over the mobile Internet for a very long time.
How to sync your old device with your account in 4 steps:
Thus, the phone is synchronized with the required services in order to save information from there.
Transferring data using a Google account
The easiest way to transfer information from one Android to another is through the Google account. Then the infa of the account will be transferred to the “neighbor”. If the “new” phone is not yet synchronized, the operation will take place in 4 steps.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone. Quick Start Feature
The purchase of a new iPhone is a joyous occasion for the Apple user. The problems that he may face are saving and transferring all the data accumulated on the old device. There are several options for how you can transfer the necessary information from one phone to another, and this is described below.
How to transfer all information from iPhone to computer
Re-saying how to transfer data from phone to computer:
- Connect the device via cable to PC.
- Drop information into iTunes (or any other that were indicated above).
- Rearrange the SIM card. Reset your old device.
- Transfer data to a new smartphone by first connecting it to a PC. To do this, the screen is selected “Restore from a copy of iTunes”.
- Select the desired copy in the program.
- Wait until the end of the procedure.
Note! Managing and transferring data using iTunes is quite simple, so most users do not have any problems with it. But where can we get information from if difficulties nevertheless arise? There is a good instruction on how to use iTunes.
How to transfer data from iPhone 5s to iPhone 6
There are several ways to transfer data from iPhone 5 to iPhone 6. In this case, it all depends on which option will be more preferable and simple for the user himself.
Option number 1 is to use iCloud. What do we have to do:
- First of all, you should make sure that this function is active on the devices. If not, you just need to turn it on. This is done through the settings.
- Going to the “iCloud” section itself, you need to set “Copy all information”. In this case, there will be no separation, absolutely everything will be copied.
- The saved copy will be moved to the Apple server. Upon completion of copying, you need to take a new device, go through user authorization and start the transfer already on iPhone 6. Works with other versions of phones, for example, XR.
The second copy method is with iTunes and a personal computer. The bottom line is that the data is transferred to the PC, completely deleted from the old device, and then copied to the new one. What the procedure looks like:
- iPhone 5 connects with a cable to a computer or laptop. You can use not only iPhone, but also iPad.
- ITunes starts up.
- A backup copy is created through the program. The main thing is to wait until the download is complete.
- The first phone is removed, then connected via the iPhone 6 cable.
- Click on “Restore from backup”. In the list that appears, select the last saved record.
- Wait until the end of the transfer. Reboot phone.
- If necessary, data from the old device can be deleted.
Note! In addition to these options, the transfer of information can be carried out using other special programs that have similar functionality with iTunes. You can use this option in cases where iTunes does not work for one reason or another.
It is recommended to use programs such as:
How to transfer everything from an old iPhone to a new one
Before copying the necessary files from one iPhone to another, you need to prepare. What you need to do:
- For Apple Watch owners, before starting the entire procedure for transferring files, it is very important to turn off the connection between the gadget and the old device. If you do this, the data is automatically backed up by the hour. Accordingly, then it will be possible to restore everything;
- be sure to create a backup copy of all available information (contacts, calls, records, applications, etc.);
- prepare an Apple ID, as well as a password;
- rearrange the SIM card in the new phone in advance. If the card does not fit the device, it is recommended to call your cellular operator.
There are three main ways how you can transfer data from one phone to another:
- a special feature called “Quick Start”. How it is carried out was described earlier. The main advantage is that all settings and information transfer are automatic. The only condition is that the iPhone or iPad must have firmware version 11 or higher;
- iCloud cloud storage. In essence, this is creating a backup copy in the cloud and then uploading it to a new device;
- using a computer and iTunes. A backup copy is also created, but this time on a PC. The convenience of this method lies in the fact that data transmission occurs through a cable, which means that the time is significantly reduced. In addition to iTunes, you can use third-party programs.
How to transfer data via Quick Start without a PC
How to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone using the “Quick Start” app, step by step:
- The new phone must be switched on and placed next to the old one. For the data transfer to be successful, the old device must have iOS version 11 or higher installed. The Quick Start screen appears on your new phone. You will be prompted to use the settings with your Apple ID. Check the correctness of the identifier, click the “Continue” button. If the continue function is not displayed, it is recommended to check the Bluetooth connection.
- An animation should appear on the screen of the new phone. The user needs to take the device in hand and fix it over the old iPhone so that the animation is located in the center of the viewfinder. If everything is done correctly, the message “Completing on new (iPhone name)” will appear. You can authenticate manually if for some reason the camera cannot be used.
- You will be prompted to enter the password on the new device.
- Enable and configure Face ID or Touch ID, depending on the option selected.
- When prompted, you should authorize your Apple ID on your new iPhone. If several devices are used at once, for example, also an iPad, then passwords are entered on each separately.
- You will be prompted to transfer the backup from iCloud or update the backup and then restore the data. The user can independently determine what from the data he needs to download, for example, applications, geolocation, and what not, for example, music. During the transfer, a Wi-Fi connection must be configured.
The procedure is quite simple and automated.
Note! If the user, in addition to the phone, has additional gadgets, for example, an Apple Watch, then during the data transfer, they can be automatically connected.
Transferring data “over the air” is a long process. It is recommended to use Wi-Fi connection and fast Internet.
How to Transfer All Data from iPhone to iPhone
Answering the question of how to transfer data from one iPhone to another, it is worth paying attention to which iOS devices are installed. If in both cases the firmware version is 12 and higher, then the transfer can be carried out without any problems. The user can copy information both wirelessly and using a cable.
Important! It is recommended that you transfer files using a cable. So the speed will be much higher than with a wireless system. If, nevertheless, it is preferable to use the second transfer option, then the devices should be placed as close to each other as possible, having connected them to the Network in advance.
It should be understood that wireless data transfer is done using the Quick Start feature. How exactly the entire procedure is performed from start to finish is described in the previous paragraph.
To transfer data using a cable, the user will need a Lightning to USB3 adapter to connect the camera, as well as a Lightning USB cable. The adapter plugs into the new device, and the end of the cable is plugged into the old phone. The Lightning to USB3 adapter connects to the Lightning port of a 12W power supply. Next, transferring data via cable from iPhone to iPhone is as follows:
- after connecting all the wires, the corresponding icon should appear, indicating that the phones are successfully connected;
- as in the wireless case, you can independently determine what needs to be carried and what not.
How to transfer data to another iPhone via iCloud
How to transfer information via iCloud has already been described many times. The most important thing to do is create a backup. Without this, further work is simply impossible.
In fact, the transfer takes place automatically and does not need maintenance. The person will only need to start the recovery, and then activate the account.
Get Started Quickly on iPhone
- To transfer data from one iPhone to another, turn on the second (new) phone, select your language and region, and proceed to the setup step.
- You will be prompted to use the Quick Start feature to transfer information to your new iPhone.
- Bring your old iPhone with iOS 11 or later closer to the second phone, and the new iPhone will immediately receive a notification that it is ready to transfer data.
The notification will appear on both the old and new iPhone
Before that, you will be prompted to enter a password for your Apple ID account and set a fingerprint or face, depending on the smartphone model. Be prepared: this process can take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours. As a result, all photos, contacts, applications and even notes will be transferred to the new phone.
You cannot interrupt this process, otherwise you will have to start the data transfer again.
How it works? In iOS 11, a second smartphone was needed solely for verification, while all data was transferred from an iCloud backup. However, starting from iOS 12.4, data is transferred directly from the smartphone’s memory via Wi-Fi.
Subscribe to our chat on Telegram. There, the authors of Appleinsider.ru often publish life hacks on working with Apple.
How to unlink iPhone from iCloud
- Open “Settings”
- Go to your Apple ID profile (top)
- Scroll down and click “Sign Out”
Disconnect iPhone from iCloud first. this will remove Activation Lock
How to Transfer Data from One iPhone to Another
Most iPhone owners sooner or later face the need to transfer information from one phone to another. For example, you bought yourself a new iPhone SE 2020 and you want all contacts, photos, SMS and other data from your iPhone 7 to be on your new smartphone as quickly and easily as possible. Not to mention the apps you’ve been collecting for so long on multiple screens of your iPhone. If earlier it was possible to transfer data from one iPhone to another only using iTunes, now Apple offers several more transfer options.
There are several ways to transfer data between iPhone
How to Transfer Data from One iPhone to Another
In addition to creating a backup in iTunes and then restoring the new iPhone from the backup of the old phone, there are at least two other ways to transfer all the information. First, you can restore your iPhone from an iCloud backup or, even easier, use the Quick Start feature that first appeared in iOS 11.
Transfer iPhone Data with iTunes
The oldest method from the ones listed, which many find inconvenient, because when using iTunes, errors can pop up from time to time, and you can generally be left without your data. Nevertheless, this method can be used when you need to transfer data from one iPhone to another, if, for example, you have a 300 GB backup, and you do not want to buy additional storage in iCloud for it (although it is better to use the “Quick Start”).
On Mac, iPhone will display directly in Finder
In this case, connect your old iPhone to your computer, launch iTunes (or Finder in macOS Catalina), open the connected device page, and select “Back up now”. The process is not fast, especially if you have a lot of data on your phone, so you can have time to have lunch and go about your business.
You can encrypt your backup if you are concerned about security
The backup will be created on your computer, so make sure you have enough free space for it. After the backup is created, connect the new iPhone by selecting “Configure with iTunes” on it. or iTunes will detect the new device and suggest further steps to configure it. The bottom line is that the backup from the old iPhone will be rolled out to the new phone. ITunes may prompt you to update to the latest iOS version before restoring from a backup.
We would not recommend using iTunes recovery, direct data transfer is the preferred option.
The point is that the backup that was created earlier may not take into account the latest changes that you made with your old iPhone. For example, you made a copy last night, but you decided to transfer the information this afternoon. then the call history, SMS and fresh photos will not be taken into account. With the direct method, all information is transmitted in the form in which it is on the smartphone at the time of pairing. In addition, this method does not limit you in the amount of information transferred, unlike iCloud.
File manager for iPhone
You can also transfer information from your old iPhone to your computer and then restore it to your new iPhone using third-party software. For this, there are special file managers like iCareFone. It allows you to selectively copy data from iPhone to computer or just photos. in case you don’t need a full backup. The app also has a separate section for backups and restores so you can start using your new iPhone 12 just like your old iPhone.
Not only a tool for creating backups, but also a file manager
In addition, it is also a convenient file manager, that is, iCareFone can be used as an advanced alternative to iTunes. Only here everything is much easier. you can copy contacts, applications or messages in one click. For example, from here you can easily download photos from your iPhone to your computer or, conversely, in a couple of clicks upload pictures from your computer to its camera roll.
This is a great solution not only to save your files in case of loss or malfunction of your smartphone, but also for transferring data from your old iPhone to a new iPhone. For example, if you decide to update your device, you can create a backup and restore it to iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Pro.
What to do with your old iPhone?
Once you set up your new iPhone, you will most likely want to strip all information from your old device. To do this, you need to do two things.