Laptop does not start black screen what to do
So why the laptop won’t turn on?
The most common reason is a power failure
For example, the lack of contact of the power button or in the power supply, including in the area of connectors or due to a broken cord, makes it impossible to turn on. What if the laptop does not turn on? First of all, check the reliability of the connection and the performance of the power supply.
Also, the problem can be caused by:
- defects in BIOS firmware;
- failure of the power supply on the motherboard
- short circuit in the north or south bridges.
Almost all of these hardware failures can be eliminated in the shortest possible time by specialists from the Notebook Center service center. As our experience shows, attempts at self-repair usually do not bring the desired result and can finally finish off the car.
Sometimes the laptop will not turn on on battery power, and it is the battery that can be the source of problems.
Variants of this problem:
- the laptop does not run on an inserted battery;
- the battery triggered a failure on the motherboard and the laptop does not work with or without a battery.
To diagnose and identify the problem in the second case, you will need special equipment.
The laptop does not turn on. we establish the reason, we solve the problem
To begin with, you should clearly define the concepts. It is possible to say that the laptop does not turn on if, in response to pressing the power button, no hardware processes are started. That is, the car, as they say, does not show signs of life.
The indicator lights (except, perhaps, the battery indicator) are off, the cooler is not spinning, the standard system signals are not heard when turned on, the screen does not respond. In this case, we can say that the technical device does not work.
Laptop freezes when turned on
What does it look like? The laptop does not turn on, but there are signs of starting a piece of software.
For example, a dark screen with a blinking cursor, or a freeze on the splash screen at startup.
In this case, problems are likely:
- hard drive failure
- breakdown of the south bridge
In turn, the reason for problems with the hard drive can be lack of formatting, bad blocks, lack of connection, etc.
It is not so easy to establish the causes on your own and eliminate them. It is best to diagnose your laptop at a service center. Based on the identified causes of the technical problem, the specialist will offer an adequate solution.
The BIOS initialization problem can be caused by various reasons:
- heating of the south bridge, which causes reboots
- overheating of the processor, an important sign is shutdown after different periods of time.
- problem with power and dead battery.
- And finally, the actual problem with the BIOS.
The fact is that the computer turns on because when power is applied to the motherboard, a certain process of interaction between the hardware elements of the machine begins, the result of which is the loading of the operating system. After a full startup, the laptop goes under the control of the OS, however, in order for the operating system to start, it is necessary to trigger a set of instruction programs that are stored directly on the motherboard microcircuits.
Accordingly, problems with the BIOS lead to the fact that a laptop dell, toshiba, acer, any other brand, a personal computer or a tablet does not turn on, since they all use the same startup principle.
Laptop won’t turn on. black screen
Rather, the machine is trying to start, as the user sees and hears the hardware.
The indicators light up, the cooler turns on, the CaspLock, NumLock buttons light up and do not go out. But the screen remains black, and the indicator does not start, indicating that the hard drive is working.
What could be the reasons?
- processor or memory problems;
- BIOS firmware defects;
- laptop north bridge breakdown.
If the main symptom is a black screen, then the reason most often lies in the inverter of the laptop matrix or the breakdown of the backlight.
In this case, the medical history is important, as doctors would say. As a rule, these irregularities in the operation of the computer declare themselves long before the end of the world. flickering and uneven operation of the screen, noise, etc.
It so happens that the machine starts to turn on, but attempts are interrupted at an early stage. It is likely that there is a problem with the BIOS initialization.
In the most extreme case, a complete replacement of the laptop matrix may be required.
Laptop does not turn on. problems with the operating system
When a laptop does not start from a software glitch, this is one of the SIMplest problems that can arise. Often the cause is the work of viruses, sometimes. accumulated failures of the operating system.
You can try to “cure” the computer, tinker with the solution of this problem on the available OS.
The zero option in this case is reinstalling the system, which solves the accumulated problems in one fell swoop and radically.
If the laptop does not turn on and at the same time you hear sound signals (including uncharacteristic ones), unusual sounds and there is no image on the screen, then the problem lies in the hardware plane and the BIOS. Experts will help to establish the cause and correctly solve the problem.
If there are some signs of life, that is, the download is interrupted at some stage, then the reason for the failure most likely lies in the state of the operating system or the failure of the hard disk. In this case, there may be problems with the backlighting of the screen caused by the failure of the backlight lamp or the inverter of the laptop matrix. In this case, you will need to replace elements, reinstall the operating system.
We have presented a far from complete list of possible reasons why the laptop does not turn on and does not start.
Meanwhile, making an accurate diagnosis is the key to successfully eliminating a hardware or software malfunction.
If the laptop does not start, the black screen, signaling its “off”, still did not light up and boot, but the noise from your “iron friend” comes. this means that you SIMply do not have initialization. That is, the computer seems to turn on, gives signs of life (namely: the “cooler” turns on and makes noise), the “caps” and “on” indicators light up. everything. Nothing else. The fan is spinning wildly, the “computer” hangs and does not move from a dead center.
What could it be? There are several reasons for this. The first is perhaps the least enjoyable. lack of “iron”. To be more precise. processor or RAM. That is, of course, these “spare parts” are there, but they are in a faulty condition. favorable reason for your own correction. broken BIOS. In this case, you need to reinstall it and try to turn on the computer. By the way, if the laptop does not start, do not try to replace its component parts yourself. are more likely to be left without portable equipment completely.
There is no reaction
So, let’s look at a rather rare, but very sad reason that the laptop does not start. You try to turn on your little “iron friend”, and he does not react to your actions at all. That is, an absolute vacuum. No noises, sounds of switching on, squeals, squeals, rustling and clinking. only silence.
If you asked yourself the question: “The laptop does not start, what should I do?”. and are faced with a complete lack of response to this technique for all your vain attempts to turn it on, then make sure that the laptop is in good working order. Of course, this will not be as easy as in the case of a stationary PC, but it is necessary to find out what is the cause of “death”. Take your laptop to a service center. there they will tell you whether your “laptop” is subject to resuscitation.
Doesn’t start to “music
It may also happen that the laptop does not start, but there are still reactions to manipulations. This is already a good sign. it’s not about tech, you don’t have to buy a completely new laptop. Usually a pretty encouraging sign. characteristic “beeping” during the first seconds of switching on.
What are they signaling? In general, there is a huge amount of literature, which clearly describes all the “beeps” and the reasons for their appearance in the absence of a full start of the computer. So if you turn on your portable equipment, and it beeps at you, there are two ways out: read the literature or take it to the service center. You can also contact your friends who have already had to deal with such a nuisance.
Is there food?
Another reason why the laptop does not start. this is the lack of battery power and, as a result, the lack of power supply to the equipment. So before going to the service center, first make sure that your sockets are in full working order. Thus, before sounding the alarm, try connecting your laptop to different outlets in the house.
Alternatively, insert the battery into your laptop and let it recharge for a bit. The fact that power is supplied is usually indicated by a special indicator light. If it doesn’t burn. the battery is faulty. But the laptop can work without it, only from the network. So don’t panic right away.
Benefits of laptops
For starters, this is what a laptop is. it is a compact device that can replace a stationary PC. This is quite convenient for those who do not have a lot of space in the apartment. Even the largest laptop will take up little space on your desk.
Another plus. these are possibilities. In terms of power, portable computers are not inferior to their stationary counterparts, sometimes even surpass them. Anyway, you must agree that a laptop is more convenient and practical. wanted to watch a movie while lying on the couch. you are welcome! I wanted to sit at the table. no problems! The quality of “laptops” is no worse than that of stationary computers. But sometimes a problem can arise. laptop does not start. Let’s see why this can happen and how to deal with it.
Now let’s get closer to more “mundane” options for why the laptop does not start. Quite often, problems arise directly at the start of the operating system. For example, “Windows” does not start on a laptop at the very beginning of initialization. That is, at the stage of appearance of a characteristic company icon. Why laptop won’t start?
This kind of problem happens mainly due to the fact that the computer SIMply does not see the hard drive on which the operating system is installed. Thus, if you are sure that the problem is not in the processor or RAM, then check if everything is fine with your “hard” one. This action is done by studying the BIOS. If in the settings of the download queue, for example, you do not see the HDD, then the matter is in the hard disk. In this case, it must be replaced. It is not recommended to put your hand on the fragile and small laptop equipment on your own. Replacing the hard drive on a “laptop”. the procedure is delicate and rather complicated.
So, your laptop won’t start. What to do? If you have been safely working at your “machine” for a long time, with all this options with no electricity, batteries and malfunction of any computer hardware are already excluded, then most likely the problems are caused by viruses.
Virus attacks are known to have taken place at all times of the existence of the PC. Hackers and other ill-wishers are ready to go to great lengths to obtain information and damage it. Thus, various “Trojans” are able to bring the computer to a state of “white heat” in which you will lose control over your operating system. In addition, viruses can erase information. Absolutely any. Personal files of various contents are susceptible to attacks, but first of all, when the computer becomes “sick”, system files are affected. In this SIMple way, some important details of your operating system can easily be wiped off the face of the earth. As a matter of fact, after important files are deleted, then the first time you restart the system, you will encounter the fact that the laptop does not start. “Black Screen of Death”. this is the name of that picture when only a black screen opens before the user when the computer boots. In the best case, a cursor will appear, which you can move around the monitor.
What to do if your laptop does not start due to virus attacks? First you need to try to clean your computer from pests. This can be done using special antivirus programs. In addition, Windows Restore can help you with this task. Asus laptop or any other does not start. does not matter. Viruses do not bypass any computer.
If you don’t want to once again figure out how to cure a computer system, you can SIMply update it. That is, reinstall. Format your hard drive and install a brand new OS. That being said, make sure you have a good antivirus program this time around. Also, be very careful when downloading certain files from the Internet. Don’t visit questionable sites.
Why does the laptop not start, what should I do? List of possible faults
So, about 8 years ago, “laptops” actively burst into the world. They immediately began to be in active demand. Therefore, before discussing why the laptop does not start, let’s talk about what advantages this technique has.
There is sound, no picture
It also happens that the laptop does not start. a black screen appears immediately after you see signs of BIOS loading. With all this, the sound comes from the computer. typical Windows boot noises and music are heard. In this case, the behavior of the computer indicates that it is highly likely that you have problems with the video card. Most likely, it is SIMply broken or damaged. What should be done in this case? Of course, change the “spare parts”. With a great desire and the appropriate skills, you can carry out this fascinating procedure yourself. Still, it’s not worth the risk. computer malfunctions, “cured” by inept hands, can lead to the death of technology completely and irrevocably.
The laptop constantly reboots or turns off
If your device keeps shutting down and rebooting, it is most likely a serious hardware problem. Perhaps the fault is in the short circuit in the south bridge, which caused it to overheat. Or, dust got into the cooler, which caused excessive heating inside the processor. If so, the fan will run at high speeds, but it will still not cope with the problem. As a result, your laptop will periodically shut down and reboot. This will happen at a variety of times, regardless of external reasons. You are unlikely to be able to solve the problem yourself this time, so immediately contact the service center.
But before doing that, make sure it’s not a bad diet. If the laptop battery runs out, the device can turn on and then immediately shut down.
A message is displayed about the inability to start from the boot device
As a rule, we are talking about a variety of messages in English. If you are faced with something like this, remove all flash drives from the device, and remove the disk from the drive. Restart your laptop. If your actions have not brought any positive result, then the problem most likely lies in the hard drive. Such a malfunction can be of both software and hardware nature.
In the first case, reinstall Windows. If after that your laptop began to work as before, then this means that the problem was software and now it has already been resolved. If reinstalling the operating system did not save the situation, then it’s time to contact the service department, whose employees will solve this malfunction at the hardware level.
Coolers can be heard, but the laptop screen is not working
So, you know what to do if your laptop won’t turn on. But there are also cases when it starts up, but its screen remains dark. What to do in this case?
Take a close look at the monitor. Perhaps you still manage to consider something? If so, then the screen, most likely, is in order, but the backlight does not work. You can enable it by using the hotkeys on the keyboard. Each model has its own and most users are well known.
2. Another way to check if the screen is working is to connect an external monitor to the laptop. If a picture appears on it, then there is no doubt and the cause of the malfunction is determined.
3. Often the problem is hidden in a discrete video card. This element sometimes overheats and breaks down. By the way, some video cards are prone to breakdowns more often than others. For example, nVidia graphics cards have a short lifespan.
To prevent this kind of damage, do not hold the laptop on your lap or in any other position with the ventilation openings covered. It is advisable in such cases to use special stands that do not impede air circulation.
If your laptop is not a gaming laptop, then do not devote too much time to games on it. And also. do not forget to monitor the temperature of the video card. If the reason is in it, then remove or SIMply turn it off. on some laptop models, switches are specially provided for this. With the missing discrete video card, your device will continue to work, you just have to temporarily say goodbye to some games.
Of course, the reason why the laptop boots up and won’t turn on can be more serious. For example, in some cases, the problem is with the processor or firmware, motherboard or memory. But you are unlikely to cope with such difficulties on your own.
Turns on and freezes after the splash screen
Sometimes for some reason the laptop does not start in any way. And sometimes it still starts, you can see the initial splash screen and basic information about the device on the screen, and then the device freezes. Either nothing happens at all, or information appears about errors that interfere with the full operation of the machine.
- Don’t be scared. Most often, the reason for this is the BIOS settings. You just need to enter the BIOS and reset all parameters. “Load BIOS Defaults”. After that save and exit.
- Sometimes it happens that the laptop freezes, reports a detected error and asks to press a certain button. For example, “Press F1 to continue”. As a rule, after pressing it, it continues to turn on and then works as usual. And although such a solution to the problem is the SIMplest, you should not ignore the very fact of informing about the error. Most often this happens if the battery in the motherboard of the laptop starts to run out or the BIOS settings get lost. Please note that to replace the battery, you must contact the service center.
- Of course, problems with a laptop can be more serious. For example, malfunctions associated with the operation of the hard drive manifest themselves in a SIMilar way. In this case, there is a chance to determine the presence of problems by ear. If the hard drive is faulty, then you will hear the engine trying to start unsuccessfully under a slight crackling of the heads.
- Another reason why the laptop won’t turn on is RAM. Some device models provide access to its brackets. You can try removing them and gently cleaning the contacts. If this does not help, then start the machine, leaving only one memory module each. In the event that your device has only one bar, then put it in another slot and start the device again. There is a great chance that these actions of yours will help solve the problem.
What to do if the laptop does not turn on: 6 main situations and ways out of them
No one is safe from laptop breakage. But the good news is that most of the problems that arise with this device can be solved. It is only necessary to determine the cause of the breakdown and its nature, and then act according to the situation. All laptop problems are either software or hardware. It is necessary to accurately diagnose the malfunction, and then you will already know exactly what steps to take to eliminate it.
So, why the laptop won’t turn on and what to do?
The laptop does not turn on and shows no signs of life
The worst thing that an ordinary user of this device can imagine. What to do in this case?
- Often, if the laptop does not start, then the problem lies in its power supply. Therefore, first of all, check if there is a light in the house and voltage in the outlet.
- If there were no problems with electricity, you should proceed to inspect the power supply. Perhaps it began to work intermittently, or it broke completely. The surest way to be sure of this is to get the exact same power supply, only in working order. Connect it to your laptop and see if your device turns on.
- Often, the breakdown of the power supply is very trivial. broken wires or broken contacts in the connectors. By the way, one SIMple rule will help to avoid problems with the charger in the future. When charging the laptop, plug the plug into the device first, and only then plug the adapter cord into an electrical outlet. The fact is that with a different connection order, a spark appears, which spoils the contacts.
- If a SIMilar power unit does not save the situation, then it is time to move on to more decisive actions. Remove the battery from your device, wait 10-15 minutes, and then turn on the device. If it turned on without problems, then secure it and put the battery in its original place.
- Another reason why the laptop does not turn on, sometimes lies in the devices connected to it. Disable all of them, including even the Wi-Fi adapter. Try to start the device again. If the laptop turns on, then return the external devices one at a time to understand which one caused the problem.
These are the steps you can take yourself when your laptop won’t boot. If none of them led to the desired results, then the problem should be sought in a non-working motherboard, broken internal contacts, and more. And only an experienced master will help with this.
See also: How to choose a laptop
After loading Windows shows the screen of death, errors on the black screen and reboots
Another fairly common problem is when, when you turn on the laptop, Windows starts loading, but then the boot is interrupted and the device restarts. Screen turns blue or black and displays numerous error messages.
As in the previous case, the problem can be both software and hardware. And again, restarting Windows will help to understand what exactly happened to your device. Reinstallation of the operating system can be started from a bootable USB flash drive. If you succeed in doing this, then the problem can be considered solved. If not, then you can’t figure it out without the help of specialists from the service center.
Thus, if the laptop does not turn on, then this is not a reason to panic. In many situations, you can diagnose and fix the problem yourself. You just need to analyze your recent actions with this device. For example, if you spent many hours playing a game shortly before the breakdown, then your video card is most likely overheated. Try a little and you will be able to bring your device back to life again.
What to do if your Windows 10 laptop won’t wake up or turn on?
Many users, after a clean installation of the OS or updating to the next edition, found that Windows 10 does not wake up from sleep mode and the computer does not turn off. This problem occurs on different brands of devices. There are several ways to try to solve this problem.
The first way to solve the problem: using parameters
The first and easiest way to fix the problem when Windows 10 won’t wake up from sleep or PC won’t turn off is to disable Fast Startup.
To do this, click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. Go to the “Hardware and Sound” section. We click “Power supply”. Next, in the left menu, click “Power button action”. In the section, click on “Setting the power scheme”
A new window will open. Here you need to uncheck “Enable Fast Startup”.
Solving the problem by downloading MEI
If you prefer the PC component manufacturer Intel, the Windows 10 hibernation or shutdown problem may be related to the Intel Management Engine Interface driver, or rather, its version.
Therefore, we go to the manufacturer’s website, where a list of drivers is presented at the link https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=intelmanagementengine. We select the one you need in accordance with the capacity of the system. Download the file and unpack it. Go to the address: folder “Installers”, “ME_SW_MSI”, “Production” and run the file “SetupME.exe”.
After installing the driver, restart the PC. The problem will be solved.
Setting hibernation and sleep mode
If you encounter an error when the laptop does not wake up from sleep mode in Windows 10 and the black screen is constantly on, then it is worth making changes to the sleep mode (hibernation may be set). To do this, we perform the following actions:
- We take out the laptop battery. Disconnect it from the network. We give you a rest for 5 minutes. We include.
- We press “Start“, “Options”, “System”. In the menu on the left, select “Power and sleep mode”.
- You can set the time after which the laptop will go into sleep mode. And if you click on the link “Additional power settings”, then the sleep mode can be completely disabled by setting all components to “No” when going into sleep mode.
- The same settings can be found by going to “Control Panel”, “Power supply” and selecting “Configure power scheme”, then “Change advanced power settings”.
- It is worth noting that if you turn off sleep mode, the laptop will work from the mains until the battery runs out.
We solve the problem if the black screen glows and the laptop does not wake up
Even if you have disabled sleep mode, the laptop screen turns black in idle mode. Notebook continues to run, fan and hard drive noise is heard. To solve this problem, you should do the following:
- Turn off the device by pressing the power button.
- After you turn on your laptop again, you should click “Start” and enter the query “Screensaver” in the search box. Select “Change screensaver”.
- A new window will open. Go to the screensaver settings and turn it off completely.
It is important to note that often the black screen is associated with the video card drivers. Therefore, if you encounter this problem, it is worth rolling back or updating the video driver. First, we recommend rolling back and only then updating.
To do this, go to the “Device Manager” and select the “Video adapters” branch. Click on the element with the right mouse button and select “Properties”.
A new window will open. We choose “Rollback” or “Update”. If you are going to update the software, then you should download the drivers in advance from the manufacturer’s official website. Otherwise, the system will install the generic driver.
Disabling the wake-up timer may also help.
To do this, right-click on the video adapter icon. Select “Properties”. Go to the “Power Management” tab and uncheck “Allow this device to wake up the PC from sleep mode”.
Or you need to go to “Control Panel”, “Power supply”, “Change power scheme settings” and click the link “Change advanced power settings”. In the “Sleep” branch we find the “Wakeup Timer” and set it to “Disabled”.
After making changes, restarting the PC is optional.
First, you need to think and remember what the user was doing with the PC before the crash occurred. It is not uncommon for the boot problem to be affected by some last installed application or game causing errors in Windows.
Then it won’t be difficult to fix the problem by booting in safe mode and rolling the OS back to the resume point. Below is a description of the recovery method in more detail.
You also need to pay attention to commonplace things, such as whether there is a power supply to the laptop. Often the device cannot start due to a completely dead battery.
In the case when the PC starts up normally after applying power through the AC adapter, it means that a SIMple battery replacement is required.
It should be noted that if in early models, for example, Asus and Acer Aspire, access to the battery was very SIMple and easy even for novice users, then some modern models require disassembling the case to get to the battery.
You also need to pay attention to the condition of the power cord. It must be free from defects, cuts, kinks and crushing.
If after installing the adapter into an outlet on the laptop, the indicator starts to light up, then this reason must also be excluded and go to the next step.
If it does not light up, then, firstly, you need to make sure that the outlet itself is in good working order and electricity is supplied to it and, secondly, analyze the state of the laptop adapter wires.
What should I do if all indicators are on normally and the device cannot start? Further, it is necessary to exclude the influence of incorrect parameters of the hardware settings. This is also easy to do on your own by SIMply resetting them.
For this purpose, it is necessary to perform the following actions:
- Disconnect the device from the mains;
- Take out the battery;
- Press and do not release the “Start” button (not less than 15 seconds);
- This action will completely use up the small accumulated charge in the laptop;
- Install the battery in its original place (it is recommended to pre-clean the contacts and wipe them with a concentrated solution of ethyl alcohol);
- Connect to the power supply;
- Turn on the laptop;
- In the displayed menu, specify the normal Windows boot mode;
- Click “Enter”;
In the event that the device still refuses to turn on, then proceed with the implementation of the recommendations from the next paragraph of this manual.
What to do in case of such a failure?
If the laptop is turned on with a dark screen, and the user does not have special diagnostic equipment, and even more so the proper experience, then entrusting the work to the master from the repair center will be a good solution.
However, with at least a little experience in handling computer equipment and a detailed guide before your eyes, with specific recommendations for eliminating the causes of errors, the laptop owner can not only save a significant part of the family budget (repairing mobile PCs is an expensive undertaking), but also master valuable skills. who will repeatedly come to his aid in difficult situations that often arise with digital technology.
Important note: All of the step-by-step instructions below are presented for informational purposes only and do not at all call for their implementation. The author of the manual is not responsible for the careless actions of users.
Unfortunately, not all employees of service centers fulfill their duties in good faith. There are situations when the owner of a laptop gives a large sum for the elimination of minor problems. For example, after turning on the laptop, only a black square and a cursor may be displayed.
The first thing the wizard will do is to disconnect the battery from the device and leave the PC to lie down until the next day. The next day, after installing all the removed components in place, the laptop sometimes begins to boot up and function normally again.
Of course, the owner of the computer will not be informed about this, but they will SIMply take money from him, for an allegedly replaced hardware component.
It should be noted that the cost of components for laptops has never delighted anyone.
If there are no problems with the hardware components of the PC, then in the vast majority of cases the user can cope with software problems on his own.
Troubleshooting a crash using bootable external media
The sequence of steps is as follows:
- Insert an optical disc into the drive or choose to connect a USB flash drive with a bootable distribution to the usb port;
- Then, when you restart the laptop, open the BIOS menu (the entry into this program is described in the instructions above);
- Install laptop launch from external media;
- Exit BIOS with saving parameters;
- Now the machine will start from a flash drive or from a disk and the faulty files will not have an impact on boot;
- In the drop-down menu, click “System Restore”;
- In the next window, do not perform any action, just click “Next”;
- Then, in order for the OS to restore the boot files on its own, click “Startup Recovery”;
- Wait until the end of the process;
- Done. The problem is resolved.
If the problem is caused by malicious applications?
The operating system is often disrupted by viruses, which also cause a black display on a laptop, while it can even turn off spontaneously. Therefore, after restoring the OS, it is necessary to perform a complete analysis of the laptop’s memory with an antivirus program.
Troubleshooting BIOS Settings Issues
Difficulties are often caused by incorrectly entered parameters in the BIOS. In order not to waste a lot of time searching and correcting incorrectly entered parameters, it is recommended to SIMply roll back the settings to the default state.
It will be convenient during this procedure to use an additional display connected to the laptop, although all actions can be carried out blindly, but with a lack of experience it will be very difficult to do this.
To do this, you need to perform just a few of the following steps:
- Open BIOS, for this purpose, at startup, press “Del”, “F2”, “F10” or another button intended for this. You can clarify it by reading the accompanying documentation for the device;
- The menu will be displayed, unfortunately, not in Russian. But here, even people who are completely unfamiliar with English should not worry. You just need to click on the “F9” button;
- Or in the top menu, which is separated by a strip, go to the “Exit” tab and highlight the inscription “Load Setup Defaults”;
In this case, the text of the line should turn white;
- Then, in the menu that opens, confirm your firmness by clicking “Enter” in making a decision;
- Then, sequentially click “F10” and “Y” to close the BIOS while saving the entered adjustments;
- After restarting the PC, the standard OS greeting should already be displayed on its own screen.
If there is still only a black monitor in front of your eyes, then you can proceed to the steps from the next chapter of this manual.
Procedure for detaching and reinstalling the planks
You need to do the following:
- Remove the adapter plug from the power socket, thereby ensuring complete isolation of the device from the mains;
- Further, following the instructions described above, remove the battery from the laptop;
- Armed with a suitable screwdriver, unscrew the screws holding the cover of the block where the RAM is located;
- During the unscrewing process, you must carefully remember the initial location of each screw, since they have different lengths, otherwise difficulties may arise later during assembly (or SIMply capture the entire procedure on a video that can be watched when controversial issues arise). That is why specialists always use a table with a large area when dismantling, where they can easily place all the removed screws in the sequence in which they will then have to be screwed back into place;
- The bar is fixed with special clamps from different sides, therefore, without applying significant effort, they must be bent;
- Disconnect the bar;
- Clean slots and pins of RAM;
- If there are additional slots, then insert the bracket into another slot. When installing, the click of the clips is usually well heard;
- Reassemble the laptop by carefully tightening all the screws;
- Insert the battery in its original place;
- Connect via adapter with power supply;
- Will retry to start Windows on the laptop.
In the absence of a positive result after all the activities performed, if instead of starting the system, the user observes only a black screen, then modern software modification from the manufacturer’s resource can help.
Laptop Secure Boot Procedure
The following steps must be taken:
- Press the power key of the laptop;
- Immediately after that, repeatedly click on the “F8” key (this button should be clarified by reading the accompanying documentation for the device, since manufacturers use different keys on different laptop models, but in most cases “F8” works);
- A dark screen with white lines in Russian will be displayed;
- Next, click with the arrow buttons, while a white rectangle will flash while moving from graph to graph, highlighting the order of starting the PC;
- Set the quadrangle to the “Safe Mode” line;
- Click “Enter”;
- Wait until the OS starts up and the desktop is displayed;
- Done. The laptop is running in a harmless manner.
In the case when the laptop on its monitor does not show signs of life, and the system unit is functioning, while characteristic sounds are heard, for example, the noise of the cooling system and the operation of the hard drive, then there is a high degree of probability of display malfunctions.
Almost all laptops have a VGA socket at the end for connecting an additional screen.
For this, on some modern models, for example, from Dell, Lenovo and Samsung, an HDMI socket is provided. After connecting an external monitor, you need to try again to connect the laptop.
When the connected screen is able to normally display all the images accompanying the OS loading and after turning on you can see the Windows desktop, then the conclusion is unambiguous: the problem is in the laptop display.
Next, you will need to diagnose the reasons for the failure of the screen, for example, check the loop and the matrix. Unfortunately, at home, such an analysis is impossible without the presence of special equipment.
But it is too early to get very upset, since the points outlined below often help to fix the problem.
Therefore, when the owner of the device is sure that the unit is working and you can hear how the fan sometimes starts to rotate, then before contacting the service center, you should start studying the further paragraphs of this manual.
Troubleshoot possible RAM problems
Difficulties of this kind are often caused by a malfunction of the RAM, while the module itself is probably damaged, or the problem may appear due to insufficiently tight contact in the slots.
The following activities will help resolve the issue:
- Disconnecting the RAM strap from the laptop;
- Cleaning the contacts of the slots on the module itself or modules, if there are several of them installed in the laptop;
- Test how the device will work after changing the installation locations of the RAM strips in other slots. If done correctly, the PC will not beep.
Note: this SIMple measure for removing the RAM strips often helps, since usually the cause of bad contacts is the presence of moisture on them, which can appear there not only when the user spills liquid on the device, but also due to sudden temperature changes and the process of moisture condensation from ambient air.
Especially often people face such a problem in a frosty winter, when a mobile PC has to be carried for a long time in low temperatures.
After bringing the device into a warm room, they immediately start to start it up, while it is covered with moist condensate from the air, not only outside, but also inside.