Samsung 30s settings
How to activate a protected folder
How to add files to a protected folder
- Open the “Protected folder” application, and then click the “Add files” button.
- Select the file type, mark them with checkmarks and click “Finish” at the very top.
- Then we select “Move” to move the file to a protected folder or “Copy” so that it remains in the currently open folder.
- Likewise, adding applications to a hidden folder creates a protected copy of the application.
Protected Data Folder in Samsung Smartphone
Do you want to hide your photos, videos and other files stored in the phone memory from prying eyes? For this purpose, a whole application functions in a Samsung smartphone. “Protected Folder”.
Let’s consider the settings of the protected folder and the peculiarities of its use.
Moving hidden files back
- In the “Protected folder” application, go to the appropriate category and select the file to be moved so that it opens.
- At the top right, press “⁞”, and then select “Move from Protected Folder”.
- To remove an application from a hidden folder, select the “Edit application” item, mark the necessary ones and click “Remove”.
To view hidden files, just open the “Protected Folder” application and go to the corresponding category.
Protected folder data cannot be transferred to another device.
When you try to jailbreak your smartphone (make changes to its software), the protected folder is automatically locked.
Preparing for a factory reset
Before doing a factory reset on your Samsung Galaxy, please back up any data that is important to you, as it will be erased.
Be sure to delete your Google user profile. otherwise, after a hard reset, the device will ask for a username-password. If you (or the new owner) are unable to enter them, the Android download will fail. How to do this, read the link:
As a last resort, you can unlock the device in the proprietary service “Samsung”, but you need to have documents with you that confirm that you are its buyer.
Locking your phone after Hard Reset: what to do
Starting with Android 5.1, theft protection Google FRP is activated on Samsung mobile devices. It works as follows:. when you perform a data reset without first deleting your Google account, the device is locked.
Let’s say you rolled your phone back to factory settings, forgot to delete your account data. and when you turn it on, the phone asks you to specify the login data that was entered before the reset. In this case, there are two solutions:
- Enter the correct username / password to log into your account
- Contact the service with documents confirming that you bought the device.
In the absence of a coupon, check, agreement, you will be denied unblocking. Therefore, be careful and strictly follow the instructions when performing a hard reset.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
I deleted the account. the phone was reset to factory settings. After that, languages вЂ ‹вЂ‹, including Russian and Ukrainian, disappeared. How can I get them back?
Go to Settings Language & Input (respectively in English). If you can’t find the Russian language, look for the firmware for the Samsung Galaxy A5 on w3bsit3-dns.com and update the device manually. How to do this, again, check the Galaxy A5 forum thread.
I did a factory reset of my Samsung Galaxy j6, now I can’t update Android. He dropped to 7.0. Very uncomfortable. How to return?
Try updating through Samsung Smart Switch. You cannot download directly on the Samsung website, however, on w3bsit3-dns.com you can find firmware files and update the device manually.
Reset settings on Samsung Galaxy S8 phone. I restored my Google account after the reset, but I lost access to the Google Authenticator app.
For information on how to restore Google Authenticator, see the article:
If the instructions do not help, contact Support Google: Help Contact Google.
After the official update over the air, the phone on Android 8 became very discharged. especially after a reboot.
Leaving an old version of Android is unsafe and pointless. the phone will be vulnerable to most current viruses.
- Pay attention to the information in the article, which lists the reasons for the rapid discharge of the battery.
- Analyze through the Android settings which processes are consuming battery power: perhaps it is a virus or a poorly optimized application.
I changed my phone. On the former phone, I reset the settings and switched to a new one. When I entered my cloud on. there was not a single photo and video.
- Check Trash content in the cloud
- Next, go to the sync settings and check if it’s enabled.
- It is also possible that the photos are stored on a PC. try copying them to the cloud.
- If the photos were stored on a memory card, you can try to restore them using the Photorec program.
If I reset the settings to the factory settings, will I have a flash drive that is formatted only on my phone?
Yes, it will. If the flash drive is encrypted, then it can only be decrypted on your device. If we are talking about the file system of the SD card, then it can be selected in the application settings, for example, SD Formatter or in the standard formatter.
Step by step Hard Reset on Samsung Galaxy phones
There are several ways to do a factory reset on Samsung.
Factory reset via menu
Open the Android menu, and select “Settings“. “General”.
You need the option “Archive”, “Reset” or “Privacy”. the names are different, depending on the version of Android.
In the “Data Reset” section, click the “Reset” button to perform a Hard Reset.
Your tablet / phone will restart automatically.
Everything, factory reset completed, data deleted.
How to enter the engineering menu on Samsung
Engineering menu on Samsung. a directory containing various commands for controlling the device, individually debugging its parameters, testing the device.
What is a service menu and what is it for
The service menu of a Samsung phone is similar to that of a TV. It opens access to hidden device settings. Here you can test the sensors of the phone, its modules and systems, which is very convenient when buying a device from hand. Thanks to Engineering Mode, the user can customize the control, make it more convenient for himself.
Samsung A30s 25 Tips and Tricks
Previously, the entrance to this Android area was only open to developers and repairmen.
How to use the engineering menu
The engineering menu on Samsung phones in the initial version provides full diagnostics and comprehensive settings for smartphones. But later, even during the development period, its capabilities are sharply reduced. As a result, the option only opens access to data on some hardware components and allows you to perform basic testing.
Engineering Mode Capabilities
For example, on the Galaxy A5 and S6, the main catalog contains categories:
- HW Testing.
- answering machine;
- GSM frequencies;
- connection standards 2G, 3G, LTE;
- access to the worldwide network and other parameters related to telephony.
Connectivity defines the parameters of wireless connections: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, radio. Changes made in this section can disrupt the operation of the device or completely disable it.
HW Testing is designed to test hardware components. processor, battery, speaker system, optics, touch panels and the like.
For example, the service menu helps on a Samsung phone to reduce the stress on the battery. You need to go to hidden Android settings and:
- open Telephony;
- enter BandMode, where you can specify the scanned GSM frequencies;
- uncheck the boxes everywhere, except for 900 and 1800, which correspond to Russian standards;
- confirm action by touching SET.
As a result, the autonomous module will stop looking for formats that are not available in the country, which will significantly increase the battery life.
How to enter Samsung Service Menu (Engineering Mode)
The engineering menu on Samsung telephones is activated after dialing special combinations. To make them work, sometimes, having indicated the desired cipher on the dial pad of the telephone number, they press the call button.
How to enter the secret engineering menu on Samsung. you need to dial one of the combinations:
- # for newer devices;
- ###, # or ### for earlier generations.
- for Samsung J7 and J1, cipher ## is relevant;
- versions A5, S5 and S6 respond to ### or ###;
- for Samsung A3 it is better to use ###;
- if it is S3, then dial ###;
- S7 Edge owners should try ### or ###.
Another way to enter the engineering (hidden) menu on Samsung yourself is to install special utilities Mobileuncle Tools, Mobileuncle MTK Tools 2.4.0, EngineerMode, Shortcut Master and others. They are distributed via Google Play.
How to unlock a Nokia phone?
- computer (or any of its analogs: laptop, netbook, tablet) with Internet access;
- USB cable suitable for the phone;
- Nokia PC Suite software, which must be preinstalled on your computer and (preferably) updated to the latest version. You can download it from the official website of Nokia (nokia.ua);
- Nokia Unlocker Tool, which should also be on your computer.
Next, run the program, insert the cable into the computer and connect it to the phone. When your phone is recognized by Nokia PC Suite, you can launch NokiaUnlockerTool. After that, the phone will be recognized by this program as well. Make a request for the code and the program should unlock the phone. If this method does not help, then contact phone repair or the nearest service center of the manufacturer of your mobile device.
Unlock phone memory
Some phone models allow you to separately block access to various files that are in the memory (either a phone or, most often, an additional memory card). In this case, again, a situation is possible when you will not know (or remember) the set password and the functionality of the device will be partially inaccessible to you. It is very unpleasant when the information you need is seemingly at hand, but at the same time is not available to you. To solve this problem, you will have to be puzzled by unlocking the memory card. There is such an option as formatting, which will quickly resolve the issue with ignorance of the code. But he will not solve the issue of information recovery, since all of it will be destroyed as a result of formatting. Therefore, this option is not suitable for everyone. All other methods for unlocking the phone memory are based on the use of additional software. To do this, you will need a cable that came with the phone (or you purchased it additionally) to connect it to a computer, or a card reader (a small device that will allow you to read information from a memory card by connecting it to a computer separately from the phone). One of the programs with which you can unlock is JetFlash Recovery Tool. You can download it from the official website of the developers. It can also be used to format a memory card.
The main thing is that you are aware of all your actions and perfectly understand what you are doing. Otherwise, you can simply disrupt the phone’s performance, which is not always possible to restore. So if you yourself do not know how to unlock the phone, perform any other action with it, then it is better to seek help from professionals. But I still hope that you will not encounter such problems and will use your telephone set wisely.
How to Unlock Samsung Phone?
The phones of this manufacturer are also equipped with an access blocking function using a special security code, which can be easily forgotten on your computer a program called Samsung @ home 9.41. With its help, you can easily cope with this problem. The functionality of this utility is quite simple, and you can easily figure out its settings.
How to unlock your phone if you forgot your key or password
Today, a mobile phone is not just a means of communication. This is a multifunctional device, without which it is hard to imagine a weekday (and, by the way, a day off) of an average person. Now the phone can store a large amount of confidential information, the disclosure of which is absolutely not interesting to the owner. In this regard, it is often necessary to block the phone, set different codes and passwords. But in your daily routine, you can easily forget your assigned passwords. Also, the code itself can be accidentally installed by an inquisitive child or prying his nose where friends do not need. So not only the phone, but also the SIM-card itself may be blocked, after which you will have to pretty much smash your head over the question “how to unlock the phone?” This problem is global, which is why phone manufacturers often provide a self-unlocking feature for phones. But before that, you need to figure it out and determine what kind of blocking happened and what exactly is blocked? To this end, we will break our article into the following points:
- Rescue a phone locked by an operator.
- Unlocking the phone, depending on the manufacturer.
- SIM card unlocking.
- Restoring the functionality of the phone in which the memory was locked.
How to unlock a Sony Ericsson phone?
In the case of phones from this manufacturer, two unlocking methods are possible: using the cable that came with the phone and using a special service cable. For the second option, you will also need additional software (SEMCtool_v8.4 or TMS 2.45 software). If you plan to use the supplied cable, you will need the WotanClient program, which, unfortunately, is not free. There are also some smartphone models that can be used with the DaVinci client.
Unlocking the phone, depending on the manufacturer’s brand
Many modern phone models support the function of protecting the phone using special passwords that the user sets himself. But there is always a risk of forgetting the code set by you, which will make it impossible for the further operation of the mobile device. In this case, you can use the firmware reset function to unlock the phone. In other words, it is a reset of all phone settings to factory defaults. Of course, you will then have to re-perform all the previously installed settings, but there is no other way out. This type of phone unlocking is different for different manufacturers.
Another “culprit” of the impossibility of unlocking in the standard way through the settings menu is the once installed applications, which demanded, in the name of security, to put a digital or graphic password on the smartphone being used. One of the applications that you once downloaded from the playmarket contains special security certificates, and while they are valid on your smartphone, you will not be able to remove the key.
There is only one way out. to remove the notorious security certificates, following the step-by-step instructions:
- We open “Security”.
- Looking for ” options”.
- Click “Delete credentials”.
The system will ask you to confirm the deletion, after which it remains to wait for the cleaning to complete, reboot and try to remove the pin in the standard way through the menu.
Third-party security certificates are not always to blame: if the line “Delete credentials” is not active when opening a section, it means that there are no programs on Android that make it impossible to unlock.
Decrypting a device or memory card
Almost always, security manipulation is the culprit for the inability to remove the lock from the screen. For example, built-in encryption algorithms may be the cause of the problem. In an effort to protect the configured settings and personal data from hacking, you are forced to put a password on the gadget, but in order to subsequently disable the PIN, you must first abandon encryption:
- Open the menu and go to “Options”.
- Choose “Security”.
- We are looking for the section “Encryption and tap on it.
- We select “Decrypt.
- Go through the line “Encrypt external memory” and click “Disable”.
To successfully complete the changes made, open the “Lock Screen” and tap “No”. After disabling encryption, the key will be removed.
Top Reasons to Remove Password from Samsung Phone
There may be several reasons to learn how to remove a password on an old Samsung:
- you keep forgetting your pin;
- you gave your smartphone to relatives who find it difficult to enter the key;
- you were given a smartphone or you bought it from your hands;
- the key was installed accidentally and is absolutely unnecessary;
- the smartphone screen is damaged, due to which the touchscreen does not respond well to touch.
Another reason is the presence of an outdated smartphone that has already worked out a sufficient period of time, and the touchscreen reacts with malfunctions. Entering a password in such a situation becomes a real torment.
An enabled VPN is the main culprit for inability to unblock. A virtual network provides secure access to the network, and when activated, the transmitted data is effectively hidden from strangers and fraudsters. But the use of VPN has a downside: the function requires all-round protection of the device, therefore, before starting the virtual network, the system will require the user to install a key to remove protection.
The installed security key is not disabled during VPN operation by standard methods. To remove a pin, you need to remove the virtual network using the following algorithm:
- Go to the smartphone menu.
- Select the section “Connections”.
- We tap on the “Other settings” tab.
- Select the line “VPN”.
Open the properties of the virtual network used on the smartphone by tapping on the “gear” icon and select “Delete”. After manipulation, reboot the phone and delete the block in the above standard way.
How to disable password on Samsung
The algorithm for canceling a security and privacy feature is quite simple:
- We go into the settings of the smartphone on Android and look for the item “My device” in the menu.
- We enter the section and look for “Lock Screen”.
- We tap on the tab and evaluate what protection methods are used by the smartphone. So that the phone no longer asks you to enter the pattern / numeric key, select “No”.
The standard method does not always work: in some cases, the screen block is not canceled, and then you have to look for the reason: the enabled secure network, running memory encryption, the use of administrator rights and other technical nuances prevent the service from being disabled.
How to remove password from Samsung phone
How to remove password from Samsung phone? A seemingly simple task, sometimes not feasible due to malfunctions in the smartphone. The article provides working methods on how to get rid of the service that has become unnecessary.
Disable administrator rights
A number of applications require administrator rights for stable operation, but providing them with this functionality sometimes leads to errors when trying to remove the smartphone screen block. It is easy to fix the problem by following the instructions:
- Go to Samsung settings and look for “Lock Screen”.
- Here we stop at “Other parameters”, then tap on “Device Administrators”.
- The list contains all the “privileged” programs. Next to each, move the sliders to disable administrator rights for them.
In standard cases, all sliders move, but if one of them is inactive, a virus is sitting on the Samsung device. Remove it using a mobile antivirus, and then perform the manipulation to disable administrator rights again. The culprit program, of course, will also need to be removed from the phone, thoroughly cleaning up its traces on the device.
Convert text to speech
This module will speak with your voice everything that you have written. And it will voice everything that is visible on the screen, voice all your actions. The function will be useful for people with poor eyesight.
The TTS Samsung module and the Google speech synthesizer are responsible for the text-to-speech conversion. I already wrote about them in this article. Therefore, I will not repeat myself. all the settings are described there.
Selecting this keyboard will open the available settings. Let’s consider them in detail:
- Languages and types. These are the available input languages, usually Russian and English. There are 2 types of keyboard available: standard “Qwerty” and “3×4”.
- T9 mode. Intelligent mode, which ends words and phrases, changes them for some reason (autocorrect function). You can create your own shortcuts for frequently used phrases. just enter a shortcut that will appear as suggested text. For example, you can configure it so that each time you enter the word “address”, the text “Moscow, st. Tveritina, 5 apt. 98 ”. Personally, I don’t use T9 mode for two reasons: 1) when using slang, it often changes words; 2) you need to constantly check what you wrote, otherwise T9 can completely distort the phrase.
- Auto spell checker. Spelling errors will be underlined in red and suggestions for the “correct” spelling will be suggested. Auto-check works only for those languages that are used on the keyboard.
- Automatic capitalization. Each sentence begins with a capital letter. The rule does not always work with proper names (full name, brand name, company name, technology and abbreviations).
- Spaces automatically. Automatically inserts a space after adding a word using continuous typing and “predicting” future text.
- Automatic punctuation. Press spacebar twice to enter period with space.
- Control of swiping on the keyboard. Cool feature, but few people use it. You just slide your finger from one letter to the next, and T9 writes entire phrases and sentences for you. Alternatively, you can use the cursor: move your finger over the letters, and to select text, tap the Shift key and swipe (does not work everywhere).
- The size and layout of the keyboard. Sets the display size, shows or hides numeric keys and alternate characters, and customizes special characters.
- Number keys.
- Other symbols.
- Special characters. can be changed.
- The size of the keyboard. Drag the handles on the edges to adjust.
Samsung keyboard is selected by default. Or another, depending on the manufacturer of your smartphone. As a rule, one keyboard is installed in the firmware, but alternative ones can be installed. Google on the net “keyboards for Android phone”.
Language and keyboard settings on Android
How do I change the language on my phone and keyboard? How do I change the keyboard? Can I plug into an external keyboard? How to set up a virtual one? How do I change the pointer speed on my phone / tablet? Read the answers to these and other questions in my article.
All settings are relevant for Samsung devices, but are also suitable for other manufacturers.
Let’s go to Settings General settings Language and input.
Google voice typing
Alternatively, voice input can be used instead of the keyboard. Here are the basic settings for better voice recognition and error-free typing:
- Languages. Select your primary language. I have it Russian.
- Voice Match is a voice pattern. You can enable access to the Google Assistant through the phrase “Ok Google” or set the option to unlock your phone using your voice. Record or re-record your voice sample for better response.
- Voice control. Activate voice control via wired headset or bluetooth headset.
- Scoring of results. Sound is always available or with a headset connected.
- Offline speech recognition. To use the service without the Internet, install the necessary voice packages on your phone.
- Censorship. Whether to hide recognized obscene words?
- Bluetooth headset. Records audio from the headset, if possible.
This is the keyboard you use when you type on your phone. Alternatively, you can use Google voice typing if you have difficulty or reluctance to type. The Russian language is supported and perfectly recognized. To add / remove another keyboard, click on “Keyboards Management”.
By default, the language that you specified when you first turned on your new smartphone is selected. I have this Russian language, region Russia.
Additionally, you can add several more languages. This will allow the application to use the next language listed if your native language is not supported.
To add a language, click on “Add language”. than 100 options available, including Arabic languages.
To set the default language, just move it to the first position in the list.
To delete a language: long press, select and delete.
A30s A50s Important settings | All Samsung A series
It is possible to connect an external wireless keyboard to the phone via bluetooth or wi-fi. This is necessary if you have to type a lot, and using the virtual keyboard is not always convenient.
- Show virtual keyboard. Whether to display the virtual keyboard if an external physical keyboard is already connected?
- Keyboard Shortcuts. displays an explanation of hotkeys on the screen.
How to remove Samsung daily on Galaxy a50 or s10
Since the daily is now not yet finalized to perfection and it is rather a problem from it, then this service is of little use and it is better to turn it off.
The first step is to remove Samsung daily from the notification panel so as not to be annoying. To do this, hold your finger on the screen until the smaller windows appear.
Then move the screen to the right and in front of Samsung daily, move the slider to the left. He will not bother all of them with notifications.
That’s not all. Let’s turn it off completely. To do this, go to “Settings” and select “Device Maintenance”.
Then click on “Battery”. Tap Application Power Monitor. Select apps in sleep mode.
Now click “Add”. Scroll down the screen (almost to the very end) until you see “Samsung daily”. Highlight it. Click “Add” at the bottom. Now press it again in a new window.
Scroll down the screen and select Memory. At the bottom, click “Clear data”. Go back. Scroll down the screen and click Stop.
We figured out the disconnection. Now let’s remove in Samsung a50 or s10 from the side “Power” button.
How to turn off Samsung daily from the side shutdown button on a50
Owners of Samsung a50 or s10 phones after updating the phone to Android 10 were horrified by the innovation.
Instead of turning off the phone with the button when you press the power supply, the unknown Samsung Daily starts.
It is actually a helper that can work with your favorite apps and services to help you get more done.
It will also launch if you accidentally swipe right from the home screen to the right.
Naturally, the majority did not like this, and perhaps everyone wants to remove Samsung daily.
That’s just a Korean, does not allow you to delete applications that he himself has implemented. You can, of course, delete it, but this will require ROOT rights.
I’m almost sure that no one will receive them, and since how to do this on android 10, it is not really known yet.
There is an exit. You can simply turn it off and remove it from the side shutdown button. It’s easy enough.
How to turn off Samsung daily from the side power button
Removing the daily app from the power button is a little easier. Just hold down the 2 buttons “Power” and “Turn down”.
You will be transferred to another window. There you need to move the “black point”, opposite the line “Shutdown menu”.
Now your Samsung a50 or s10 will turn off traditionally, and you’ve said goodbye to the daily app by rebranding Bixby Home.
If you miss the news and other content they provide from various services and sites in a map-based user interface, it’s easy to return.
NOTE: if the “Power off menu” does not appear after pressing the “Side key setting”, then you need to reset the phone to factory settings. After that, you can turn off or restart with the “Power” button. Have a good day.
What is a factory reset
Factory reset refers to the process by which the smartphone returns to its original state, as after leaving the assembly line or immediately after purchase. Installed apps and other user information on the internal storage will be erased. In this article
Factory reset on Samsung
Section: For beginners Date: 08/16/2018 Author: Alexander Moiseenko. Комментарии и мнения владельцев: 0
Do you have a Samsung smartphone and decide to sell or give it away for use? Or is the phone system clogged up so much that the usual optimization does not work? In this case, it is worth resetting the settings to the factory state. What is it when you need to reset and detailed instructions for resetting the settings on Samsung, we will consider in detail in this material.
Instructions for resetting settings from the recovery menu
As a result, you will receive the phone in the same condition as immediately after purchase. All data will be deleted.
By default, this function is enabled and automatically starts when you press the display once. However, you can configure it to keep the screen on at all times. Just go to Settings. Lock screen. Always on display and change the display mode to Always show.
Change system font
One of the great things about Samsung One UI is the sheer amount of customization options it offers. On the Galaxy A30 and A50, if you are not too fond of the default system font or are simply tired of it, you can switch to a different one. The new system font will also help update the user interface if you are already bored with it.
Save space with HEIF / HEVC
If you take a lot of photos and videos, you might want to consider saving HEIF photos and recording HEVC videos on the Galaxy A30 and A50. This will result in significant space savings, although it should be noted that older phones and PCs will not support HEIF / HEVC media files.
shoot at 25MP
Even though the Galaxy A50 comes with a 25MP camera, it shoots photos at 12MP by default. It’s definitely a little weird, although you can easily switch your phone to take 25MP shots. Open the camera app, press the aspect ratio button and select the 3: 4H option. This ensures that all photos are captured and saved at 25MP on the Galaxy A50.
Lock screen stories
I don’t really like the Lock Screen Stories feature in the Galaxy A30 and A50, which basically changes the lock screen wallpaper every time you unlock your phone. Fortunately, this distracting feature can be turned off by going to Settings → Lock Screen → Lock Screen Stories and disable this feature.
Samsung Galaxy M30s Tips & Tricks | 40 Special Features. TechRJ
Thanks for attention! We hope this article was helpful to you. Join us on Odnoklassniki and. as well as subscribe to the channel in Yandex.Zen.
The Galaxy A30 and A50 come with Digital Wellbeing, which gives you detailed statistics on the amount of time you spend in apps, the number of notifications you receive daily, and more. You can use this feature to get rid of addiction and spend less time on social media, as well as limit the amount of time you spend daily in each application.
Be sure to customize Digital Wellbeing according to your preferences in the Settings menu. Digital Wellbeing.
The Galaxy A30 and A50 come with a default navigation bar. However, if you want, you can enable navigation gestures on mobile phones. Just go to Settings. Display. Navigation bar and enable the Full screen gestures option. Samsung’s gestures work the same way as their navigation bar. This means you swipe up from the left edge of the screen to go back, swipe up from the center to go to the home screen, or swipe up from the right side of the screen to open the Recent Apps list.