Samsung A 50 on-screen notifications
10 Samsung Smartphone Tricks You Didn’t Know About
One UI is one of the most feature-rich and sophisticated Android skins. It is designed so that you only use the bottom of the screen, so you do not have to reach the top with your finger, convenient when you have a large phone.
It also contains many handy features. After a few months of use, you will continue to discover new possibilities. We’ve rounded up 10 features to make your Samsung smartphone easier to use. They are definitely on new devices and available to models of previous years with One UI.
A common problem with large smartphones: it is difficult to reach the shutter button or volume rocker when the arm is outstretched. Hold the shutter and swipe up, another button will appear on the screen, and you can move it to any place convenient for you.
The system has preset filters that allow you to edit images without third-party applications. Select a finished shot, go to: “Edit” → “Advanced” → “Style” and choose the effect you like.
In the camera app, go to Settings → Hold Shutter Button and select Create GIF Animation. Hold the shutter button and the camera will create a motion picture of 30 frames.
Automatic screen rotation is a lot of inconvenience, and you can forget about this mode in Galaxy with One UI. Change the position of the smartphone from vertical to horizontal, a rotation icon will appear in the upper right corner. Click on it and the orientation will change from portrait to landscape. Turn back, the display will not change, you need to click on the icon again.
Split screen via multitasking menu
Click not on the window, but on the icon above it. Select “Open with Split Screen” and this application will appear at the top of the screen. The second application can also be selected from the multitasking menu or from the desktop. This is more convenient than using split-screen gestures that work every other time.
Preinstalled applications are a problem for all Android smartphones with proprietary skins. Out of 10-15, users use 2-3 at best. One UI allows you to hide them and not clutter up your desktop. Go to Home Screen Options → Hide Applications. Select the icons you don’t need, and they will disappear from the desktop.
The function is not implemented in the best way. In the MIUI launcher from Xiaomi, you can create a copy of any application, One UI is limited to instant messengers. Go to Settings → Advanced Features → Dual Application Profile and select the program you want to clone. Two icons will appear on the desktop, linked to different accounts.
Press and hold its icon in the notification shade, the brightness slider will appear on the screen. You can adjust it depending on the ambient light.
You can put videos up to 15 seconds on the lock screen. Open the appropriate video, click “Advanced” and select “Set as wallpaper”.
In Messenger on Android, when you receive a message, a pop-up window with the sender’s avatar appears on the screen. In One UI, this is possible with any application. “Settings” → “Additional functions” → “Pop-up notifications” and select programs, then notifications from them will appear in pop-up windows.
One UI is by far the best skin I know. Until now, I have always put launchers on the bucket. But with the purchase of SGNote9 with One UI, I forgot about launchers. The shell completely closed the gaps of the past shells and has all (me) the necessary functionality.
Only the author lacks a fat minus. There is a feeling that he himself does not use the shell, but stupidly read it out in the open and maybe “twisted it in the hands” of Samsung a little. Not only that, most of the chips are either not new or insignificant. I still haven’t bothered to attach screenshots for visual presentation. It makes no difference to me, all these chips are familiar to me. But if you are writing for the public, deign to put in a little work.
Yes, the main feature of One UI is bringing most of the controls down the screen. True, there were still elements at the top that could be moved down. Well, okay, thanks for that too.
But there are a few more features that are very significant for One UI:
– A complete (and very beautiful) dark theme
– Gesture control is very convenient and there are no unnecessary elements on the screen
– The design (finally) looks complete.
– The ability to turn on the screen by lifting. no need to press anything. Raised the phone and all the notifications are visible, and using face recognition to immediately unlock (yes, for iPhone and Huawei it’s not new, but important).
Well, there are a lot of little things. I am very happy with the current Samsung shell. It took 10 years to finish)))
How to customize the Samsung Galaxy screen instruction
Hey! Today I will show you how to customize the screen on your Samsung Galaxy phone. You can change the display parameters very simply and quickly. Brightness, colors, icons, modes, screensaver, etc. Everything is very simple and fast. See the instructions below and write comments if something is not clear to you. Go!
Look, you can get into the settings in two ways. First, tap and hold on an empty area of the home screen. At the bottom you will have a panel. Click there on the Settings button.
Second, on the desktop, find the Settings icon and click on it.
How To Enable Notification LED Light Around Camera For Samsung Galaxy A50, A70 Other Devices
In settings, click on the Display tab.
- Screen brightness;
- Turn automatic brightness on or off;
- Turn on the blue filter. Reducing eye strain by limiting the amount of blue emitted from the screen;
- Change the size and style of the font, as well as the scale of the screen;
- Screen mode. There are 4 options: Adaptive display., AMOLED movie., AMOLED photo., Main. Here you can also set the color balance of the entire screen;
- Home screen settings (see below);
- Enable simple display mode;
- Add icon frames;
- Status bar. Show only three recent notification icons on the notification bar. Show charging percentage;
- Screen timeout. You can choose after how long the screen will turn off in idle mode;
- Blocking accidental touches if the device is in a dark place, in a or bag;
- Screen saver. Display a splash screen after the screen turns off automatically when the phone is charging or docked.
Samsung Galaxy Home Screen Settings
- Choose a home screen layout;
- Change the size of the main screen grid;
- Application screen grid;
- Add a button to the screen that allows you to open the application menu;
- Enable or disable indicators on icons;
- Apps downloaded from the Play Store will be automatically added to the home screen;
- Enable quick notification panel;
- Hide certain applications from the screen;
- Find out information or update the home screen.
Explanation of parameters. You can enable display of the home screen only, without applications.
You can change the grid and the number of displayed app icons.
How to enable or disable notifications on lock screen in Samsung Galaxy A30s
You can add a Menu button to the home screen, which opens a list of all applications.
Still have questions? Write a comment! Good luck!
How to turn off silent notifications on Samsung
Information about the message can appear on a locked phone, while immediately with a description of the content. In this case, you can turn off notifications completely, or simply display the content inside them. This will protect your data from being read by third parties, but at the same time you can always find out that you have received a new letter or SMS.
To configure this mode, open the smartphone settings, go to the “Lock screen” section and select “Notifications“.
In the list of options, find the line “Hide content” and activate the switch next to it. If you want to hide the name of the application and leave only the icon, select “Only notification icons”.
If you need to disable pop-up push notifications completely, remove the switch next to the “Enabled” item. Also, notifications can be removed in the “Lock Screen” settings section in the “Notifications” item.
If your phone supports the old Android platform, the shutdown mechanism will be slightly different from the previous options.
- Hold your finger on the notification that appears for a few seconds.
- In the context menu that appears, tap on the “i”.
- Remove the checkpoint from the item “Show notifications”.
- If the checkbox is inactive, you will not be able to uncheck it, and you will not be able to disable signals from this utility.
- If you can disable it, click “Yes”.
- Save changes.
How to turn off app notifications on a Samsung phone
In the Android operating system, the notification option is activated by default. For SMS and messages from various applications, a pop-up window appears on the screen, accompanied by a sound signal. Not always notifications can be useful, sometimes they can just annoy with their number and intrusiveness. Today we will discuss how to turn off notifications on a Samsung phone.
With the latest generation of Android OS, the alert setting has become more flexible. You can turn off signals either completely or separately for each program, including the system one.
To disable, repeat the following steps:
- When the next message appears, swipe down on the desktop. Hold the message box for a few seconds.
- A lever will appear in the message field with permission for notification. Make it inactive.
- Save changes.
Done! Now notifications from this service will be disabled.
If you need to remove notifications before they appear, go to the smartphone settings, select “Applications”. In the list of programs, find the required one, scroll down the card to the parameters. In the “Notifications” section, click “Deny” and save the settings.
On the two previous versions, messages can also be disabled pointwise and in bulk. For the first option:
- Press and hold the message that appears with your finger for a few seconds
- Deactivate the item “Allow notifications”.
Save your changes. If the shutdown does not occur, it means that this operation is not possible for this application.
To immediately select all applications from which you do not want to receive signals, use another method.
Open your smartphone settings and go to the “Notifications” section.
You will see a list of programs opposite which there are checkpoints or switches.
Uncheck or slide the switches to the inactive state in front of those programs that you want to disable. If you want to disable everything. select the appropriate option at the very top.
Here you can also connect the “Indicators on icons” option, which allows you to show the number of messages or actions in the icons of certain programs, for example, instant messengers.
How to turn off notifications on Samsung lock screen
Depending on the operating system, the mechanism for configuring alarms and turning them off may differ. Consider instructions for different versions of Android.
The mechanism for deactivating messages on version 8 is not much different from version 9.
- Hold the popup for a while.
- Revoke permission to notifications.
- Click the “Save” button.
You can also open the device settings, find the required application in the list of installed on the smartphone, and prohibit the display of messages by moving the lever to the inactive state.
The earliest available version of Android is extremely rare today. Nevertheless, we will consider the options for disconnecting and on it.
- Highlight a notification with a long press on it.
- The screen will display the message “Application Information”.
- In the list of options that opens, select “Show notifications“.
- Save changes.
As in the previous version, if the checkpoint is inactive, you will not be able to turn off notifications in this program.
Reasons and what to do if notifications are not received on Android Samsung phone
If you notice that pop-up messages from various programs have stopped appearing on the screen, the reasons may be as follows:
- Lack of Internet connection. until the connection to the network is restored, instant messengers and programs operating over the Internet will not be able to fully function and be regularly updated, so messages will not be displayed.
- Date and time are incorrectly set on the smartphone. By default, these parameters are set automatically when the phone is connected to the network. However, if there was no connection for a long time, and there was a change in the time zone (for example, during a flight), the date may get lost. This will negatively affect the performance of applications.
- The function “Limit background data” is active. This option blocks pop-ups and notifications on your phone to save battery power.
- Manual shutdown in the settings of the phone or the application itself.
Check each of these parameters and fix, in most cases this is enough to fix the situation.
WhatsApp notifications not coming
Check if there is a limitation on the messenger. For this:
- Open your phone settings and find the Applications section;
- Find WhatsApp in the list, expand Data usage in the program card;
- Check if the line “Limit background data” is active. If it is enabled, disable it.
Save the parameters and test the messenger’s work by asking someone to send a message.
Samsung notifications don’t come
If you do not receive notifications on Samsung from the mobile client, check its settings.
Open the application and go to settings, open the “Notifications” item.
Here you can configure the display of all types of signals: for incoming personal and group messages, likes, reposts, new friends, wall posts, etc.
Save the parameters and restart the utility.
Samsung notifications come with no sound
If you notice that messages are displayed, but no sound signal, the reason may be in the sound mode settings. For example, in Do Not Disturb mode, some audible alarms may be muted. Also check the settings of the utilities themselves, following the example of or Vatsap.
How to fix the problem
Let’s consider methods of correcting the most obvious causes of this problem.
- Setting the current time and date.
You will need to go to the device settings, open the “Date and time” section, enable the auto-detect time option, or set it up manually.
Save the parameters and restart the device.
- Activating the Show Content feature.
To activate this option, you need the “Lock screen and protection” section in the specifications. In the line “Display on screen” find the section “Lock screen”. Expand the parameter and check the box next to the entry “Show content”;
In the “Notifications” section, look at the list of applications and find the one with which you are having problems. Move the switch opposite its name to the active position and save.
- Disable the “Background data limits” option.
If this option is active, some applications may not work without a Wi-Fi connection, even if you have a mobile Internet. You can change the situation in the “Data usage” section of the phone settings. Open this tab, find the “Options” section, if it is active, expand it and uncheck the option “Disable background data limitation”.
- Disable power saving mode. Activating it can block pop-ups to save battery.
- Disable or uninstall programs that can block pop-up alerts. These include antivirus and antispam utilities.
Samsung notifications don’t come. what to do?
Every day we receive dozens or even hundreds of notifications from various applications and messengers. At times, a well-timed message can be critical to a relationship or career. But what if Samsung is not receiving notifications? Let’s figure out the reasons for this phenomenon and how to fix it.