Samsung A31 Screenshot How To
Where are screenshots stored on Samsung, how to view them
On a device with Android 4.4 or higher, the most convenient way to view screenshots is through the app “Gallery”.
- Discover “Gallery”,
- Select directory “Albums”, there is another folder inside it. “Screenshots”.
- To save a screenshot to the Dropbox / Google Drive cloud or transfer to another service, use the option “Send message” or “Share this”.
In some older versions of Android OS / Samsung devices You need to view the screenshots taken at the second address:
- We are looking for an application on the main screen called “A photo”, open it.
- Next Tapa on the menu icon and select the option “On device”.
- Next step. go to section “Screenshots”. The captured images are here.
The standard way to take a screenshot on Samsung (hardware keys)
1. First, hold down the buttons “Nutrition” “Home” at the same time. As a result, the screenshot icon will be displayed on the screen.
In fact, this is the easiest way to quickly take a screenshot; it works on most phones and tablets of the specified brand.
Using the Screenshot app
Most modern gadgets are equipped with the Android operating system. You can take a screenshot on Android using the special Screenshot application, you can download it from Google Play or, for example, here:
The Screenshot application greatly simplifies the process of saving a snapshot and, in addition, saves you time. at least that’s what the Geeks.Lab developers say. 2015.
The aLGorithm for capturing a screenshot on Samsung using this utility looks like this:
- Specify the path to save the image (option “Photo path”).
- Take a screenshot (pressing power and volume button).
- Open the image to check the result.
Now that you know how to take a screenshot on a Samsung phone, using the Android application, all that remains is to deal with the additional Screenshot features and find the saved picture on the phone. Usually all images are saved to the Gallery.
In addition to saving screenshots, this app contains an image editor. He, in turn, allows:
- Add mosaics to screenshots;
- Edits an existing screenshot;
- Insert text into a screenshot;
- Edit images.
Taking a screenshot (screenshot) on a Samsung phone
Take a screenshot of the screen on Samsung mobile devices. quite simple, there are many options for fast shooting. Consider the main methods that are suitable for phones and tablets of the following models:
- Samsung Galaxy S6, S7, S8, S9, S10;
- Samsung Tab 3;
- Samsung A3, A5;
- Samsung J1, J3, J5, J7;
- Samsung Duos.
The main ways to save a screenshot are:
Council. How Clamps Power Button
The power button works even if you pinch it paired with volume down. To take a screen on Samsung, you have to hold down the keys for a while (just a few seconds). and after that the picture is automatically saved in the gadget’s memory or on a memory card, depending on the settings.
2. The hardware keys of the phone also allow you to take a screenshot on the phone in an alternative way. To do this, you need to press the keys “Back to” “Home”, Do not forget to hold them in this position for a couple of seconds. As you may have guessed, the same screenshot icon will appear at the top of the screen. ready!
3. If you have custom Android firmware, nothing prevents you from holding down the key “ON OFF”, which activates an additional menu. The button will appear in the drop-down window “Screenshot”.
4. As for the new Samsung models (Galaxy S8, S9, S10.), It provides for the activation of the screenshot with the palm of your hand. This function is configured (in fact, very convenient) as follows:
- Settings (this is where the gesture control setup always starts).
- Control (choose the palm)
- Option “Screenshot”.
After the settings are set, you can take a screenshot on Android by touching the screen with the edge of your palm.
How to screenshot on Samsung Galaxy phone
Taking a screenshot of your Android phone is very easy, and there are many situations where a screenshot can come in handy, whether you want to share your home screen with your friends or get a graphical confirmation of your latest record.
This guide covers Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9 Plus, Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8 Plus, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 Edge, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S5, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy Note.
How to take screenshots on Galaxy S7 (and older)
Since Samsung used a dedicated physical Home button on all of its phones prior to the S8, the method for capturing screenshots is slightly different. Instead of using the volume and power buttons, you will be using the Power button and Home button. Press them at the same time and hold for about half a second.
The S7 is also equipped with the Palm Gesture tool, as discussed above in the S8 / S9 section.
Where to find your screenshots
By default, all screenshots are saved in the DCIM Screenshots folder, but there are several additional ways to Access your screenshots.
If you just took a screenshot, swipe down on the navigation bar and you will see a screenshot notification. Click on it for quick access to the image. You can also share, edit or delete your screenshot directly from this notification.
If you have multiple apps installed that can open images, the app selector will be displayed when you click on the screenshot notification.
Otherwise, you can open the Gallery or Photos apps to see all your screenshots. they will be there, front and center on the main page of the app.
Other Galaxy Screenshot Tools
When you take a screenshot of the screen, it appears as a short overlay at the top of the current screen, letting you know that the screenshot was taken successfully. Smart Capture Tool also appears at the bottom of the screen.
There are some really cool features associated with the Smart Capture tool, for example, the ability to “scroll the screenshot”, which scrolls the screen and captures everything (not just what you see), a drawing tool to annotate, a crop tool to quickly cut Irrelevant parts of the picture and a shortcut for immediate sharing of the picture on social networks.
If you like the Smart Capture tool, you can turn it off by going to Settings Advanced Features Smart Capture.
How to take selective screenshots or capture GIFs
If you’re taking advantage of the Samsung Edge Panels, you can use the Smart Select toolbox to do some pretty cool things with screenshots, like capturing certain parts of the screen in a rectangular or oval shape, delighting a GIF, or even part of an on-screen image as an overlay. for quick reference.
To enable this feature, go to Settings Display Edge Display Edge Panels and make sure Smart Select is enabled. Then just Swipe from the right side of the display to open the Edge Panel.
With the Smart Select panel open, simply tap the desired capture option and follow the onscreen instructions. very simple.
How to take screenshots on Samsung with the palm of your hand
But there is also a second option: just swipe your hand across the display. Seriously. give it a shot. It works on any screen except when the On-Screen Keyboard is displayed. This is called “finger grip” and is unique to modern Samsung phones.
You can enable or disable this feature in the Settings menu Additional features Swipe the screen.
How to take screenshots on Galaxy S8 and S9
There are several different ways to take screenshots on the S8 and S9, and several options are described in the methods below. This may sound a little overwhelming to you, but it’s very simple.
How to take a screenshot on a Samsung Galaxy Note using the S Pen
This method is available on Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy Note 3, and second Samsung devices with S Pen. To take a screenshot in this way, you must open the Air Command menu by pulling out the S Pen stylus or hover the stylus over the screen and press the button on it.
- Select Screen Write in the Air Command option to take a screenshot.
- You can now write your notes at the top of the image. There are options on the top toolbar to change the color and size of the pen if you want to get creative. You can also erase or undo strokes, and there is a Crop option at the bottom.
- When you’re done, click Share or Save at the bottom.
How to take screenshots using hardware buttons
If you’re using a modern Galaxy phone like the S8 or S9, you’re in luck. Taking screenshots is just as easy as on most other Android phones: press the volume down and power buttons at the same time. Hold them for about half a second, then let go.
Conveniently located buttons (volume on one side, power on the other) make it incredibly easy to take screenshots with one hand. This is a great button layout if you are taking a lot of screenshots.
When to take a screenshot on Samsung Galaxy S20
The phone manufacturer limits the owner’s options for creating a screen. You can take a screenshot at absolutely any time: while watching a movie, playing a game or chatting in a messenger. The main condition for taking a picture is that the smartphone must be turned on and unlocked.
How to take a screenshot through the notification bar
This method will be the best way out of the situation when the buttons of the smartphone do not work for any reason and the box is NOT created. As an alternative, it is proposed to perform the following actions:
- unlock smartphone.
- Go to the menu section where you want to take a screenshot.
- Lower the notification curtain with a swipe from top to bottom.
- Click on the “Screenshot” or “Screenshot” icon.
As in the case of a snapshot via hotkeys, a notification about creating a screenshot will immediately appear on the screen of an Android smartphone. The resulting box can be opened or taken another frame from this or the second menu.
Taking a screenshot on a Samsung Galaxy S20 using the keys
The easiest way to create a screen drawer is to use a specific keyboard shortcut:
- Open the section of the menu that you want to capture.
- Hold down the power button and the lower volume rocker at the same time.
After completing the specified actions, a graphical notification about the successful creation of the screen will appear at the bottom of the screen. The resulting frame can be immediately opened by clicking on its icon after holding down the volume down key and the power button.
If you cannot take a screenshot on the Samsung Galaxy S20, it is recommended that you familiarize yourself with the alternative combinations of buttons that are given in this material. In addition, there are other ways to create a screen without using the phone keys.
How to take a screenshot on a Samsung Galaxy S20 phone
A modern smartphone has a number of useful features. For example, the owner of a mobile device can take a screenshot of the screen at any time. Performing such an operation will help when the user finds interesting information and wants to capture it. In such a situation, you DO NOT have to photograph the screen on another device, since it will be enough to take a screenshot on the Samsung Galaxy S20 phone.
Where screenshots are stored
To view the resulting screenshots, just open the application “Gallery” and go to the “Screenshots” or “Screenshots” album.
Another way to quickly find a box is as follows:
- Launches “File Explorer” or “File Manager”.
- Open the “Pictures” folder.
- Go to “Screenshots”.
In the menu section that opens, screenshots will appear that were made during the entire time of using the smartphone.
Delete or share a screenshot
The moment the user opens a frame from the “Gallery” or “File Manager”, the full functionality of interaction with the image appears in front of him. For example, a phone owner can delete one or several screenshots at once in a couple of clicks:
- Open the folder where the box is.
- Hold your finger on its icon.
- Click the “Delete” button.
Another way is to open the same image through the “Gallery” and select the “Delete” option from the available options. After confirming the operation, the screenshot will be deleted from the phone memory.
In the case when you need to transfer the box through the messenger or the second method, you can use the same instructions. The only difference is that instead of pressing the “Delete” button, you will need to be named “Send”, select the method of sending and the recipient’s coordinates. Thus, sending a screen is NOT different from sending any other image from a phone.
SETUP REPAIR AND USE SAMSUNG EQUIPMENT
Samsung is one of the leaders in the sale of household appliances and mobile devices. In the past year alone, more than 1,000,000 units of various products from the Korean giant have been sold. Our site will help users to select, use and configure Samsung equipment.
Choose your Samsung device following our tips and tests
Communicate, ask questions, get high-quality tech. support from site experts
How to take a screenshot of the screen on a Samsung laptop. instructions
- How to take a screenshot on a Samsung laptop
- How to take screenshots of a window on a Samsung laptop
- Screenshot of a separate area
- Using third-party software
- In custody
- : How to take a screenshot on a laptop, computer
Owners of personal computers probably know about the possibility of taking a screenshot and saving it to the Hard Drive. Why might this be necessary? For example, if you saw something Curious on the Internet and you want to save it as an image. A screenshot on a computer is also often used for comfortable communication on the Internet. Indeed, sometimes one or another problem cannot be conveyed in words, and it is very necessary that the interlocutor see what you see from the monitor right now.
Using third-party software
You can also use third-party programs to take a screenshot. Among them, let’s single out the DuckCapture program. It combines all the functions presented above, that is, with its help you can take screenshots of the entire screen, SEPARATE windows and areas. The captured picture can be edited right there in a clear and simple menu. The unambiguous advantages of this program should be considered the ability to take screenshots both with a mouse click and with the introduction of hot keys. You can also choose the format in which it is convenient to save the image.
How to take screenshots of a window on a Samsung laptop
The method described above is good and popular, but what if you need to take a photo of not the entire screen, but only a single window on it? Of course, you can save a large screenshot and then cut out the desired element, but this is too long and difficult. Everything can be done much easier!
The principle of operation is the same as in the previous case. There will be exactly equal difference. PrtScr will now need clamps simultaneously with the Alt button. This combination is just responsible for the screenshot of a single window.
If several windows are open at the same time, then the screenshot will show what is on top. After that, be careful when you are going to take a screenshot. before pressing the indicated key combination, check that the window you are interested in is on the surface.
How to take a screenshot of the screen on a Samsung laptop
To begin with, let’s consider the classic situation when you need to take a screenshot of the entire screen on a Samsung laptop. Everything is extremely simple and within the power of even a person who is far from the depths of knowledge in the field of technology.
We will solve this problem with just one button and one standard program installed in any operating system. So, on the keyboard, you need to find the Printscreen button. It is in a laptop of any company and with any OS. Usually this key is located in the top row, closer to the right edge.
The sequence of actions is as follows:
- Displaying the image we want to save.
- Click on the Print Screen key.
- The image is automatically saved to the computer memory. Now you need to choose a place to save it.
- The standard Paint program, which is available in any operating system, is optimal. If you do not know how to find it, just click on the “Start” button in the lower left corner of the screen and enter the name in the search. “Paint”. Then press Enter, and the program starts.
- Even if you have never worked with graphic editors before, it will not hurt to save a screenshot. There is nothing complicated here. You will see a white sheet of paper in front of you, and you only need to press the following key combination on the keyboard: CTRLV. As you probably know, it corresponds to the Paste command. The saved screenshot will immediately appear in front of you.
- Now you can edit the screenshot. In Paint, the simplest editing is available. changing the size of the picture, cropping unnecessary areas, etc. But even this is quite enough for solving most problems.
- It remains to save the image in a suitable format. Usually this is.png format. Although you can also choose.jpg. To do this, press the CTRLS key combination, which is equivalent to the “Save” command. A window appears in which you need to select the location of the file, as well as its format and name. Specify all these parameters and save the picture. Now you can use the screenshot and send it to anyone.
Screenshot of a separate area
It remains to figure out how to take a screenshot of a particular area of the screen. The time-tested “Scissors” program will help us with this. Accordingly, the first step will be the download and installation of this program on the computer. When this is done, we find the program and run it. This can be done either through the folder in which you installed it, or through the “Start” menu, Using the search.
Launched the program, you will see a small window on the laptop screen. The rest of the screen will immediately turn whitish. You need to consider a button called Create. Click on it and see a drop-down list that contains all the tools we need. For example, it is a rectangular shape, a window, etc. That is, you need to select the shape of the area, a screenshot of which we want to take.
Having decided on the choice, we take a screenshot. A window with a snapshot will open here, where you can correct the screenshot and immediately save the photo.
As you can see, taking screenshots on a Samsung laptop is a snap. You can easily take a snapshot of both the entire screen and a separate part of it. And this does not require special training. All the tools you need are close at hand. Now you can easily take any screenshots, and we are sure that with their help you will be able to make your communication on the Internet much more interesting.