The screen turned blue what to do
DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE error (blue screen). how to fix?
If your computer or laptop after Windows 10 updates, when starting some programs or during normal operation, began to show a blue screen with a stop code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE and a message that your PC has a problem and needs to be restarted, in this manual in detail about how how to fix this error and what could be its cause.
Before proceeding, if you installed some new hardware on your computer or laptop shortly before the problem appeared, try manually installing the original drivers on it from the manufacturer’s official website. If there were any overclocking-related actions, try canceling these actions.
Solution for DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE blue screen problem
The DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error tells us that when a device driver tries to change the power state of a device (for example, wake up the computer’s hardware while in power save mode), the device is not responding.
Most often, the cause is the drivers of the video card, Wi-Fi adapter or network card. Another common option, especially on laptops, is the lack of proprietary power management drivers. The following are the primary simple methods to fix the problem:
- Manually install the original drivers for the video card and network adapters (Wi-Fi, Ethernet) from the official websites. For a network adapter, it is best to take the driver from the official website of the manufacturer of the motherboard or laptop specifically for your model (for example, if the adapter is Intel, but the laptop is Dell, then it is better to download the driver from the Dell website for your laptop model). For a video card. from Intel / AMD / NVIDIA sites. If you have integrated video and discrete graphics, install drivers for both adapters.
- Go to the official website of the laptop manufacturer or motherboard manufacturer (if it’s a PC, it can help here: How to find out the model of a computer motherboard), find the support section for your hardware model, download and install the official chipset drivers and everything related to power management. usually these are ACPI, ATK drivers, anything with the words Power Management, Intel Management Engine Interface. Even if on the official website the drivers are not for Windows 10, but for the previous version of the OS, they should fit.
The following steps are intended to configure the power scheme so that critical devices do not fall asleep (and when they wake up, the DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE blue screen most often appears):
- Go to the Control Panel (in the “View” item in the upper right, select “Icons”). Power supply and click “Configure the power scheme” to the right of the selected scheme.
- Then click on “Change advanced power settings”.
- In the “PCI Express” section, set “Maximum performance” or, if there is no such item, then set “Off.” instead of power saving mode.
- If you are using Wi-Fi, then in the “Wireless network adapter settings” in the “Power saving mode” item, set “Maximum performance”.
- If you have Intel integrated graphics, you will also find Intel graphics settings there, set the power plan to “Maximum performance”.
- In the properties of the network adapter, Wi-Fi adapter in Device Manager on the Power Management tab, uncheck “Allow this device to be turned off to save energy”.
- Restart your laptop or computer.
After that, watch if the blue screen DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE appears in the future.
Additional methods of error correction
If none of the suggested ways to fix the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error helped, check the following:
- If there are devices with exclamation marks in the device manager, open their properties and sort out the errors (you can search by the error code, install the driver, if you are told that this is an unknown device, see How to install an unknown device driver).
- If the error has not appeared quite recently, you can try using system restore points.
- If there is a dependency: after selecting the “Restart” item in the menu, the error disappears, and after “Shutdown” and re-enabling it appears again, disable fast startup of Windows 10.
- Check if the error manifests itself in Clean Boot mode (: Clean Boot Windows 10). If the problem disappears, perhaps the reason is in recently installed programs, especially those that work with the OS at a low level (antiviruses, optimizers, and others).
- Check the integrity of Windows system files.
Also try checking the memory dump with the free WhoCrashed program, this will be the easiest method for novice users:
- Download and install the free version of WhoCrashed from the official website https://www.resplendence.com/downloads
- In the program, click the Analyze button and wait for the analysis to complete.
- On the Report tab below the system information, there will be a list of recent blue screens including DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. If the dump contains information about the specific driver that caused the problem, you will see the name of the driver file (usually with a sys extension), and possibly information about which driver this file corresponds to. If there is no information about the purpose of this driver in the program, you can search the Internet for the file name.
Based on this information, you can take action to replace the failed driver (update or rollback), and in some cases, the device, since another possible cause of the error is a hardware failure.
Please note: the steps described in the instructions assume that you can get into the system. If this is not the case, and the error occurs when Windows 10 boots, try restore points first. After two unsuccessful computer starts, you will be prompted to go to advanced options, where you will find system restore options, including restore points. You can also boot the computer from a bootable Windows flash drive and on the screen after selecting the language at the bottom left, select “System Restore”.
Kid Turns Blue and Dies but it’s also the screen
Additional solutions to the problem
Below we will look at ways to eliminate the blue screen of death, equally applicable to all operating systems from Windows. They are no less effective than the above methods and sometimes help out of the situation as a winner in cases where you cannot figure out the cause of the problem.
Disable automatic PC restart
But it is not always possible to turn on the computer after the screen of death has been detected. In such cases, you do not have to rely on reading the minidump file. The fact that the blue screen, with the error information displayed on it, very quickly disappears, adds fuel to the fire. This happens as a result of a running reboot. over, some system crashes cause constant reboots at times when you are not even aware of the pop-up screens of death.
You can fix the situation by disabling automatic reboot. This can be done through the Windows Control Panel. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- First, open File Explorer. By clicking RMB on “This computer”. select the “Properties” option from the shortcut menu that appears. Thus, you will be redirected to the “System” window (for users using Windows 7 / XP / 8, you can get to this window through the “Control Panel”).
- In the left part of the window that appears, click on “Additional system parameters”.
- While on the “Advanced” tab, go to “Parameters”. in the section “Download and Restore”.
- Next, we need to remove the “birdie” from the automatic reboot function. Exit the window by clicking on “OK”.
Solving problems using the OS in earlier versions
In order to deal with the problems that cause the appearance of the blue screen of death in Windows XP, Vista, 7 and Windows 8.1, you should promptly detect the process that caused the disruption of the OS. In the section above, for the most part, options for troubleshooting problems at the software level are indicated. However, one should not forget that BSOD tends to appear as a result of a hardware malfunction of one component, or a whole complex of parts.
First of all, we recommend that you resort to diagnostics. A sharp rise in temperature of individual parts (or the whole) of the case, as well as increased volume during startup / operation of the PC, may lead to such a decision. Timeless AIDA64 program is considered the best choice to indicate problematic performance of an individual component.
- Download the installer on the developer’s website with the subsequent installation of the program on your PC. During the first launch, we recommend that you do not look for pinpoint faults by tracking each parameter in the available library, but run a general system stability test. Thus, you can track not only the temperature of a specific component, but also detect a malfunction in the operation of a specific PC element.
- Run the program and click on the corresponding check button in the menu.
- We put a checkmark in front of the tests that we want to conduct and click “Start”. The system will issue a final report after a certain period of time (during the check it is not recommended to load the processor with resource-intensive tasks).
- If you find an elevated temperature while launching video games or other resource-intensive programs, leading to an unplanned reboot of the system and the appearance of a BSOD, we recommend that you carefully examine the computer components under the protective case cover. It is quite possible that this is due to the clogging of the coolers with dust. If possible, clean everything as much as possible and do not forget to lubricate the cooling system with the intended oil / thermal paste.
- A full system scan can detect a defective part on your PC. Most often, a similar outcome awaits RAM. It is better to replace the faulty bar with a new one. The same goes for other parts of your PC.
As mentioned earlier, about 70% of the cases that cause the appearance of the blue screen of death are due to the improper functioning of the drivers on your PC. In such cases, it can be problematic to eliminate the consequences of incorrectly installed software, since a driver containing malicious code can prevent the system from starting normally.
In such cases, we recommend starting the system in safe mode. Optionally, you can boot the OS in hard-limited mode (VGA and with no network connection), which will allow you to identify the problem and roll back the “rebel driver” to its stable version. You can read about how to enable Safe Mode on different versions of Windows on the page of our website dedicated to this option.
Troubleshoot Windows 10
Before contacting the service center, or taking other radical actions, analyze the failure itself (how to do this, read the sections above). Having understood the cause of the error, you can go to its elimination much more efficiently and faster.
- To detect the problematic part of the code that breaks the system operation, you can use the built-in disk check. In order to use it, open Explorer and apply RMB to one of the disks you have. In the drop-down list, select “Properties”.
- Go to the “Service” tab. by clicking on it with LMB. Click on the “Check” button. confirming your choice in the next. window.
- As a result of this check, you will be provided with a scan report and, if a process that disrupts the operation of the OS is detected, proceed to fix it.
- The system can also cause BSOD in the case of an obvious deficiency of the internal memory reserve. In the “Properties” of the disc, select the “General” tab and see the actual occupancy of the selected disc. If there is an obvious shortage of free space on it (try to keep at least 10% of the storage free), use the “Disk Cleanup” option.
- A common reason for the appearance of BSOD is the clogging of the computer with virus programs. It will not be superfluous to perform a full system scan using your existing antivirus, or use the built-in Windows Defender. Path to the latter: “Start. Settings. Windows Security. Open Windows Defender Security Center”.
- Another method of dealing with BSOD is the competent management of installed drivers. The incorrect operation of the latter in a large half of all registered cases becomes a predetermining factor in the emergence of critical system drops. In case you recently updated the existing ones, or installed the latest drivers for your video card / network card / printer, etc the best option would be to “roll back” them to older and more stable versions. details about this are written in the article: how to properly roll back the installed driver.
- If you are sure that the failure occurred at the software level and you cannot start the system to correct the situation, we recommend using the system restore option. Loading the last known good configuration will allow you to return to an available checkpoint at a time when the system did not detect a critical error. If the above options did not give the desired results, you may need to think about a complete reinstallation of Windows.
Why does the blue screen of death appear in Windows and what to do
Software crashes and their accompanying alerts very rarely become popular and recognizable among users. Cult status is usually given to either the most common mistakes (for example, the famous “404”), or the most significant.
Among the latter type, the “blue screen of death” is considered to be the undisputed leader. Many owners of Windows systems still remember this phenomenon clearly. The appearance on the screen of the ill-fated inscriptions in English was a harbinger of either an expensive repair in a service center, or an equally cheap purchase of components.
However, despite the criticality of the situation, there are several options in which the causes of its appearance can be eliminated in less costly ways. In this article, we will take a closer look at all the nuances associated with the blue screen, as well as analyze possible methods of eliminating the problem that has appeared.
This option is often used for other reasons (incorrect configuration changes, password reset), but this does not make it less effective. We will examine the ability to reset the BIOS settings through the options menu in the Setup window. However, you can read about how to reset BIOS settings “manually” in the article.
- Bring up the BIOS boot menu by pressing the Del / F2 keys. immediately after turning on the computer.
- On the main page, find the option “Load Setup Defaults” (“Load Optimized Defaults” for laptops), press “Enter” and confirm the change by pressing the “Y” key on the keyboard.
Believe it or not, sometimes Microsoft developers, when releasing a new service pack for their systems (the so-called Service Pack), provoke critical crashes on your PC. The problem of such incompatibility can remain unresolved for many weeks, which is unacceptable in some cases. In order not to expose your own systems to such a risk, we advise you to disable the automatic updates option. Details on how to perform this action are written in a number of separate materials on our website.
Determine the cause of the BSOD and find a solution
The appearance of the blue screen of death can have hundreds of different reasons, and each has its own solutions. After finding out the cause of BSOD on your computer, you can find the best way to fix the problem.
On the death screen, Windows displays the code of the error that caused it. It can look like a bunch of numbers and letters (0x0000000F) or a combination of different uppercase words often associated with underscores (SPIN_LOCK_ALREADY_OWNED).
You need to enter the error code in the search engine and thus find an individual correction instruction. There may even be a special QR code on the blue screen. Scanning it through your mobile device will take you to Microsoft’s site with an interactive problem-solving assistant.
If the computer restarts immediately after the blue screen appears and you do not have time to write down the error code, disable automatic restart. To do this, right-click on the “This PC” icon and select “Properties” → “Advanced system settings”. In the window that opens, go to the “Advanced” tab, click “Options” and uncheck “Perform automatic restart”.
If you do not want to look for the necessary instruction and delve into it, or the solution found on the Web does not help, use the methods listed below.
Why does the blue screen of death appear?
Blue screen of death, aka BSOD and blue screen of death, is Windows’ reaction to critical errors in computer operation. White writing on a blue background suddenly appears on the screen, after which the device usually restarts, freezes or turns off.
After restarting, the system works normally for a while. But then, if the error is not eliminated, the BSOD appears again.
Sometimes errors in drivers or failure of computer hardware can lead to this state. The reasons can also be a failure of system settings, viruses, or even installed programs.
Why does the blue screen of death appear and what to do with it
Use Windows Services
Special services built into the operating system can help you.
If you have Windows 10, go to Start → Settings (gear) → Update & Security → Troubleshoot. Scroll down the list of available services to the very bottom and select Blue Screen. Click “Run the troubleshooter” and follow the system prompts.
If you have an older version of the OS or the above tool did not work, open the Windows Control Panel and go to the Security and Servicing Center. In some OS versions, this path may look like this: “Control Panel” → “System and Security” → “Support Center”.
Expand the Maintenance tab and see if recommendations for resolving Windows problems are displayed here. If yes, use the suggested tips.
If all else fails, go to the next step.
What to do if a blue screen of death appears
Try simple, universal measures
These general measures affect many system parameters and help restore normal operation. Including they can fix the errors that lead to the blue screen of death.
- In the system settings, go to “Windows Update” and check for updates. If available, install them.
- Check the system with antivirus software.
- Update your drivers. You can go to the website of your computer manufacturer and download all the drivers for self-installation. But you can also use free services like Driver Booster and DriverPack, which download and install drivers automatically.
- Test your computer in Safe Mode.
- Check the temperature of the processor and graphics card. Make sure the computer is cool. If the reading is higher than acceptable, cool down the computer.
- Check the hard disk and RAM for errors using special utilities.
- Reset BIOS settings.
- Restore Windows to a Previous State.
- If the screen of death appears when you start your computer and Windows does not load, read this guide.
- If all else fails, try reinstalling Windows.
Pink monitor screen what to do
A high-quality and clear image on a monitor or laptop, as well as a tablet computer is the key to successful work, study or pleasant rest. However, intermittently, the screen may become unstable. For example, it may take on a pink tint, which is not the norm. about the main causes of the malfunction and how to get rid of this problem yourself.
Why the screen turned pink and how to remove it
All equipment breaks down sooner or later. The appearance of pink on the screen is one of the common problems. over, the screen can be painted either completely or partially or in stripes. This unpleasant situation can happen with completely different models of both laptops and stationary devices. Replacing the color of the monitor screen with pink can give its owner a lot of worries. However, don’t panic. Indeed, in any case, most faults in technology can be repaired. First you need to do a simple inspection of the power supply and monitor.
ATTENTION! Designers and photographers are especially sensitive to the color rendering of the device. The quality of the products they create depends on the correct color setting.
There are simple recommendations that will help identify the problem, even to a user who is not versed in technology. One of the most common and simplest recommendations is to reboot the device as usual. If possible, it is better to connect another monitor to the computer. This will allow you to understand exactly whether the screen itself is working or not. In any case, there may be several reasons for the malfunction. Some of them should be looked for in a software failure, others indicate the presence of mechanical damage and require a change of “hardware”. First, you need to observe the operation of the device and try to identify the reasons.
The main causes of breakdown
The most common cause of failure is the incorrect connection of the device cable to the system unit. The cable must be well connected for full information transfer. In addition, the cord may simply bend or even break. There are times when the cable is connected to the motherboard, but must be connected to the video card. Rarely, but still there are similar problems due to inadequate mains voltage.
Also, this situation occurs when the video adapter fails. In this case, a persistent and acrid burning smell may be observed. Most likely you will need to replace a spare part. It is worth trying to remove the video card and, if possible, connect the cable to the built-in video card. If there are no changes, then it is worth looking for another reason. If the background of the monitor menu is pink, then this indicates a malfunction of the monitor lamps. This repair is done in specialized workshops. If the background of the menu is white, and the image appears with a pink tint, then automatic calibration is required.
IMPORTANT! In older CRT monitors, a cannon (picture tube) was the likely cause of a malfunction. Also, color amplifiers often failed.
How to get rid of the problem yourself
In most cases, this problem can be dealt with on your own. Consider the main activities that can improve the quality of the screen:
- Checking the cable connection. To do this, it is recommended to re-check the connection several times by connecting and disconnecting the device. You can also just tug or wiggle the cable from side to side. over, the cable should be checked both from the side of the monitor and from the side of the system unit.
- Changing the cable upon detection of its physical defect.
- Many devices have a dedicated DEGAUSS button on the panel. It should be clicked once.
- In some cases, monitor calibration helps. Color adjustments can be made to your liking and the result can be saved. It may be necessary to reduce the shade of red. This method is only relevant if the monitor has a slightly pinkish tint.
- Go to monitor settings and check the frame refresh rate. It can be automatically reduced, thereby causing the screen to appear pink. In this case, it is desirable to increase the frame refresh rate.
REFERENCE! When checking the cable for integrity and quality contact, the computer should be disconnected from the network.
If the proposed solutions did not help to cope with the problem, then, perhaps, the cause of the breakdown is much more serious. In this case, you should contact a professional craftsman.
Thus, the pink screen problem is fairly common. Almost every user is faced with unstable monitor operation. You can find a way out of this situation using the simple recommendations from this article.
About running suitable configurations
Running the last working configuration involves going through these steps:
- First the laptop is rebooted.
- Press the F8 key in the first seconds of boot. After that, a window should appear where you are offered to choose one of the methods.
- The pointer is moved to the line that says “last good configuration”.
- Press Enter on the keyboard. This rule is general regardless of which company the laptop belongs to. Lenovo, or to others.
The system will automatically select the option that previously worked perfectly fine. But there is a so-called “system rollback”. It works for situations when unforeseen difficulties arise with loading a stable version of the operating system.
Failures of system components
Recovery may not work if the problem is on the system. It is best to use boot in Safe Mode. Then, at the start, they simply press the F8 key to go to the selection of the corresponding functions. The restart process takes 5-10 minutes. You can then run a scan to await the results. System files are restored automatically when integrity is violated. Then the blue screen on the laptop disappears.
Procedure for correcting the error
When everything became clear with the error code, they proceed to direct actions aimed at fixing the problem.
The following methods have long been tested in practice by owners of different laptops:
- Removing the driver from the last installed applications.
- Using an antivirus to scan your system.
- Restart. This facilitates the return to the normal operating configuration.
- Using the “System Restore” function. What to do if it doesn’t work is a separate question.
To troubleshoot hardware problems, the instructions will be slightly different:
- First, they check how much free space is left on the hard disk of the computer.
- It is advisable to perform a full defragmentation and check for bad sectors.
- All motherboards and modules are detached from their sockets to reconnect.
- Check how securely the switching cables are connected.
A complete cleaning of the laptop is recommended. If there is any suspicion, the modules change. Testing RAM cells is also not an unnecessary action for those who are interested in how to remove the blue screen.
What to do when a blue screen of death appears
Another thing is when a screen of the same color appears, but additional error messages become visible.
Here are just some of the reasons that have become the most common from a practical point of view:
- A dangerous virus entered the system, as a result of which the screen turned blue.
- The hard disk is full.
- BIOS errors appeared.
- Incorrectly selected driver, or irregularities in its work.
- Overheating of different blocks at the device.
- The emergence of a conflict situation.
- The hardware mode is completely disrupted if the screen on the computer is not working properly.
Most users report that most often they are faced with the fact that the drivers did not start working correctly. A small percentage of errors was due to the fact that applications that contained any codes for the kernel did their work incorrectly.
- Programs that write data to disk media.
- Virtual disks.
It is worth considering the codes that accompany most errors if the laptop has a blue or blue screen.
What to do if your laptop displays a blue or blue screen
Often, users are faced with a situation where computer equipment does not work and does not turn on in normal mode. The usual blue screen appears, or there are additional letters on it. This means that an error with a critical value has appeared. First you need to understand why this happened. And from what the blue screen appeared on the laptop.
First you need to open the “Task Manager”. For this, standard solutions are used. The user selects the File menu. Then he goes on to the New Task, and to the Guide. In the water line, write the explorer.exe command.
If such a solution does not immediately help, the device is rebooted using the F8 key. After that, the boot menu appears, where the option with “Safe Mode” is most interesting. It is selected by the keyboard, even if the blue screen appeared before.
It remains to press Enter so that the system is rebooted in a timely manner. They check if the problem has disappeared or still remains. They enter safe mode again if the previous actions were ineffective.
And then they try to perform the following actions:
- Cleaning the laptop from all previously installed applications.
- Removing drivers that were recently installed.
- Scanning disks in an attempt to find viruses.
When the computer boots up with a black screen, unresponsive to anything, the actions will be similar.
If updates are installed incorrectly
Sometimes the problem occurs due to the fact that updates are not installed correctly, or are not fully downloaded. It doesn’t matter if the automatic search for the necessary components is enabled, or the installation was carried out in manual mode.
In this case, open the Control Panel and see which updates were installed last. You will have to remove the component separately each time, and then reinstall it. And every time the operating system requires a reboot. After a while, there is a high probability of finding an element with which such a problem as a blue screen of death on a laptop is associated.
If you don’t want to waste time on manually solving a problem, let’s say a rollback of the system to one of the previous versions. But if the updates are installed automatically, then the next time they start they will be integrated into the system again.
But you can just find out which application crashed the first time. To avoid mistakes later.
Description of error codes
The kernel mode code is sure to run into some kind of malfunction if, when the blue screen appears, messages are clearly visible, also containing error indications. For example, the boot device became unavailable if such a combination appeared. 0x0000007B.
Thanks to such designations, it is easier to understand what error appeared, how to act to instantly fix the problem. This is usually a set of 16 characters. It is best to memorize it, or write it down somewhere, so that later check with the lists. BSOD errors. here is a special menu where you can then look for decryptions. Most errors are related to software or hardware, if the laptop has a blue or blue screen.
It so happens that different hardware and software malfunctions cause the same code.
A tricky way to analyze a dump
This method allows you to get much more information about the error than the simple one. To implement it, you must first install the Windows Debugging Tools. This package is in the Windows Debugging Tools folder in the archive that you downloaded at the beginning of the section A simple way to analyze a dump. You will also need the kdfe.com script, which is also contained in the archive that you downloaded.
Run Command Prompt as Administrator:
We enter there the command C: \ BSOD \ kdfe.cmd C: \ Windows \ Minidump \ (the name of your dump). To ease your work and avoid typing mistakes, I recommend using the TAB key. Press Enter:
We are interested in the line Probably caused by :. It indicates which file may have caused the blue screen of death. In the example above, this is igxprd32.dll, which is one of the video driver files from Intel. The problem is obviously caused by the video driver.
If this information is not enough for you, then you can run the command with the.v switch at the end: C: \ BSOD \ kdfe.cmd C: \ Windows \ Minidump \ (your dump name).v:
It can be saved to a text file, which can then be uploaded when solving a problem in this forum thread: Solving problems with blue screens of death (BSOD). To do this, add C: \ bsod.txt at the end of the command:
As a result, the file bsod.txt should appear on the C: \ drive:
Now you can proceed to the next step.
Solving the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) problem
I will warn you right away that the task of analyzing a memory dump itself can be very difficult and nontrivial, and it is far from a fact that you will be able to solve it yourself. Below will be presented how to solve the most common problems with the blue screen of death on your own.
So. At this point, you should already have the name of the file that is causing the error. Now let’s determine which program or driver this file belongs to. To do this, I suggest using the information below:
A detailed description of how to solve the problem with the blue screen of death or BSOD for beginners.
What to do with a blue screen or BSOD
Probably many of you, my dear readers, have encountered a blue screen of death or BSOD. This guide will show you how to identify the cause of the blue screen and how to fix it. First, let’s take a look at what this blue screen of death is and when it appears.
The Blue Screen of Death appears when a serious error occurs in Windows and the operating system can no longer continue working. A small information about the error is displayed on the screen and the system restarts or not, depending on the settings. If the blue screen appeared only once or twice, then you can ignore the problem, but if it appears regularly, then this is already a reason for more detailed research of the problem.
Causes of the blue screen of death:
- Driver crashes. According to statistics, this is the most common cause of the blue screen of death.
- Crashes of some programs. This mainly includes various antiviruses and firewalls. They are also often the cause of blue screens of death.
- Equipment malfunctions. These can be defective RAM chips, malfunctions of the hard drive, video card and motherboard with devices that are located on it, it can be power failures, and so on. This also includes crashes that occur when a device overheats.
We figured out the reasons. Consider now a typical blue screen of death:
In the context of solving the problem with the blue screen of death, we are interested in the name of the error and its code. Often the name of the file that caused the error is indicated below the code. This information will be very useful to us when solving the problem with the blue screen of death.
Important note: by default, a computer or laptop restarts immediately when the blue screen of death appears. As a result, you can’t see anything. How to disable automatic reboot will be shown below.
Before proceeding directly to solving the BSOD problem, you must first find out the name of the file that caused the blue screen. If it was indicated on the blue screen, then you can skip directly to the last section of this manual.
First, we need to enable recording of debug information.
An easy way to analyze a dump
First, we need to download a set with utilities from these links: download / download. Save it on the C: \ drive. As a result, a BSOD folder should appear on your C: \ drive.
Go to the BlueScreenView folder and run BlueScreenView.exe:
This utility automatically scans the C: \ Windows \ Minidump \ folder for memory dumps, and then scans each file. As a result, if you select a memory dump with the mouse in the upper window, then information about the error will appear in the lower one. The image shows that the error was caused by the files nv4_disp.dll and others. In this case, it means that the video driver is the culprit for the blue screen. How this is determined will be described in a separate section below.
Enabling recording of debug information (dumps)
When a blue screen of death occurs, the system can save the details of the error that occurred to a file. By default, this feature is disabled in Windows. We need to turn it on. To do this, go to Control Panel → System → Advanced → Startup and Recovery → Options. As a result, the following window will open for XP and Vista / Windows 7:
In the drop-down menu, select Small memory dump (64 KB) and click OK.
Important note: please note that in the same window you can disable automatic system reboot when a blue screen of death occurs. To do this, you just need to uncheck the Automatic restart box. Also please note that below it is indicated where the same dumps will be saved. They are usually saved in the C: \ Windows \ Minidump \ folder.
So. Now it’s worth waiting for the blue screen of death. Then in the folder C: \ Windows \ Minidump \ a file with a name approximately Mini will appear.This file contains information about the error that caused the blue screen of death.
When the file (dump) is generated by Windows, you can proceed to its analysis. This article will cover two methods of analysis. One is simple, and the second is complex, which allows you to get much more information about the error than a simple one.
What to do with the Blue Screen of Death on iPhone?
Hello everyone! To be honest, very few people expect such a problem as a blue screen from an iOS device. after all, it is rather a “visiting card” of another company (yes, yes, the author of these lines is a joker from the “not very” series). However, since Apple introduced support for 64-bit processors to its mobile devices, many users have noted this bug. Namely, the iPhone falls into a blue screen, then the apple lights up, then a reboot follows and so on in a circle without stopping.
And the saddest thing is that the device often simply does not turn on. therefore, it is also not possible to change or update the firmware, even in DFU mode. iTunes just interrupts recovery with various errors. 9, 40, etc.
Why is this happening? Is the whole problem in these newest processors? Or is something else to blame? And the most important thing is what to do. to run to the service or to get rid of the blue screen at home?
First, let’s try to get by with “little blood”. consider software and other methods that can help without serious interference in the design of the device:
- If the device boots, then we try a full reset, update to the latest software version, hard reboot (hold HomePower for 10 seconds), in general. all the usual set of fighting system errors.
- If the download fails when restoring the firmware via iTunes, log out of your account. Subsequently, if the result is positive, you can return everything and use your Apple ID.
- It is also worth trying to restore the firmware without or vice versa with a SIM card. Strange, but judging by various forums, this option helps many users.
- Some iPhones have the appearance of ripples, stripes and, as a result, the blue color of the screen, when using non-original chargers. Although I wrote about how to use unsupported accessories, I still warned that their use would not lead to anything good.
- Jelbreak, the work of some programs can also cause errors, and as a result, a constant reboot and display of the iPhone with a blue screen error. There is only one way out. remove the jailbreak, do not use programs.
Further. it is worse, or move on to the “iron” part of the problem.
There can be a lot of reasons here and it will be quite difficult to point out a specific one, here are only the most common:
- Damaged top screen cable (with camera and proximity sensors).
- Battery defective.
- Processor (quite rare).
What to do? Take your time to change everything at once.
Remember if you disassembled the device. Although you may not know this, especially if the phone was purchased “hand-held”, without following elementary advice when buying a used one.
So, the one who assembled it back was simply unobservant and did not take into account one important point during assembly.
Let’s take a look at the iPhone 5S as an example. an overlay for the display cable is attached to the motherboard with four screws. Two of them are short (bottom), two are long (top). over, they differ very little. If you confuse them in places and screw in a long one in place of the lower right one, then it starts reaching the motherboard and punches it. Hence the blue screen, and stripes and reboots
You can try to fix this situation by unscrewing these bolts and screwing them in correctly.
- If the damage is minor, this may help.
- And if strong, then you have to visit the service center. the spare part must either be “soldered” or replaced.
Finally, it is worth noting that if you do not have the necessary skills to assemble and disassemble the iPhone, then you should entrust this work to professionals. Because during an amateur repair, you can always damage something “additional” and then the desire to save money will result in even greater losses.